Calorie Counters - I Stayed Within My Calories Streak

Liz45
07-07-2013, 10:58 AM
I thought a public thread where I can report daily if I stayed within calories the day before might be a motivator. Anyone want to join me?

I'm just starting my day 1, so will report in morning.

Liz45
07-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Awesome, Positive Attitude! I like your user name, btw! Yay! You're working on day 7 already! Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to rooting you on! :carrot:

tarabella
07-08-2013, 02:25 AM
Great idea Liz,
I will join this thread as I am having trouble staying within my calorie budget on my own. Today is a weight training day so I have a slightly higher calorie budget i.e. 1,500 (normally 1,300). Tonight looks like the first day I've ever stayed within the budget I've set so this thread is already helping!
MFP total today= 1,498 cal

Liz45
07-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Tarabella, I'm so happy you're joining us and congrats on staying within your calorie range! :carrot: I stayed on plan yesterday, too! Let's make it another day today! Woo Hoo!

Day 1 :D

tarabella
07-09-2013, 06:14 AM
Good job for yesterday Liz!
I didn't go so great today, I was trying for 1,300 cals, but was too hungry by 3.30pm after a jog, a yoga class and housework...A decent 1,500 calories then went to about 1,650 by the end of the night. Not tragic by any means but not great either. I think I'll stay with 1,500 as my aim so as not to get too hungry and overeat, since I do exercise everyday too.

I hope you girls did better than me.

Tomorrow is a new day and I am sure I can stick to 1,500, whereas 1,300 always felt like a stretch. I will just have to lose slower.

Liz45
07-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Tarabella, I don't blame you for upping your limit to 1500. I wouldn't be able to eat 1300 or less if I wanted to! I know me and I would be binging on a daily basis. I don't even know my weight right now..I would say at least in the 230's and so I'm making my maximum 2000 per day, but most days I don't even come close to that. I usually end the day in the 1600 to 1700 calorie range. By giving myself some leeway, it helps my mindset, if that makes sense. I don't feel so restricted. So good going to you for giving yourself a little more leeway! I think this will work great for you. Also on the days you do a good bit of exercise, you're bound to be hungrier. So WTG on your decision! Have an awesome day today! :)

Day 2: Success :)

Liz45
07-09-2013, 12:06 PM
PositiveAttitude, You definitely have nothing to feel guilty about from what I've read. You stayed within calls, so hey, you did great! :) :cheer2:

Not only are our plans similar, but we seem to like the same foods, too. I have cheese at some point every day. It makes everything taste better, so I make room for it. lol I have popcorn quite often too and also leave a little room to relax with a couple of rums most evenings, just enough to take the edge off the day.

I don't plan to weigh again, hoping to focus more on eating well, instead. Also, the scales can be discouraging at times when you know you're doing everything right and the numbers are not reflecting it. If we had scales in the house, I would be obsessive about weighing again, so I just won't purchase another. :)

Here's to another fabulous day. We can all do this! :)

Liz45
07-10-2013, 09:17 AM
LOL PositiveAttitude..Actually I have no willpower when it comes to the scale, which it why I never replaced mine. ;) I'm glad you had a great day of it! :)
Good day here, too.

Day 3: Success!

Let's work on another one!

Liz45
07-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Hey PositiveAttitude, Congrats on your day 9 and I sincerely mean it! ;)

I added you to my buddy list and look forward to hearing from you in PM! :)

I'm having a bit of struggle today with wanting to munch a bit much, but I'm hanging in there! So far so good. I'm glad you gals are in this with me. Makes me want to stay with it, so thank you! :D

sontaikle
07-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Cheering on everyone in this thread! You can do it!

:cheer: :cheer:

Luffz
07-10-2013, 07:24 PM
I want to join as well! Well done for all of you who reached your calorie-goals. You motivate me to do the same! :)

Mama Whitty
07-10-2013, 08:15 PM
I have been under goal all week. I have a question for those of you that do myfitnesspal. I love the app and a lot of success that I have is due to it.

So my question is: Do you count the calories you get from exercising? Do you use them to eat more or do you not use them at all? I currently use some of them, but am thinking of not using them anymore. To maybe jumpstart this standstill I currently am in.

Buffinlovin
07-10-2013, 08:24 PM
So my question is: Do you count the calories you get from exercising? Do you use them to eat more or do you not use them at all? I currently use some of them, but am thinking of not using them anymore. To maybe jumpstart this standstill I currently am in.

I don't want to use them, but if I'm truly hungry (I gauge that by drinking a glass of water, and if that doesn't quench the tummy rumblings after 20 minutes then I know I'm hungry) I'll use them sparingly.

You all are doing fantastic so far!! Keep up the awesome job!! :cheer2::cheer3:

Liz45
07-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone and :welcome2:! Good to see all the posts and support! The more the merrier! We'll all help push each other along! MamaWhitty, I don't use MFP, nor count "exercise" calories, but I don't see anything wrong with using them at times because I've learned from experience that exercise sometimes makes me feel hungrier.

PositiveAttitude, I am trying to eat more veggies and fruits. I am not a huge fan of either. I am a meat and potatoes (not to mention pasta) gal, which got me where I am today! Working on it though. LOL on "gasping" over eating a plum. I know exactly what you mean! lol I am starting to like the good stuff more than I thought I would though. :) We'll get there. One fruit or veggie at a time! ;)

I'm looking forward to getting to know and support everyone! :)

Liz45
07-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Sontaikle, You are maintaining for over 1-1/2 years! My goodness! Congratulations! You Rock! :carrot:

Mama Whitty
07-10-2013, 10:49 PM
My concern with not using them is that I am eating under a 1000 calories with exercise. I think that will eventually lead me to trouble in the long run. I am way under today with exercise and it's almost 9. So not sure what to do. Some days I am super hungry after exercise, other times I am not. Like today, but I had a lot of high fiber foods today. Plus a protein bar. I am full.

Liz45
07-11-2013, 10:54 AM
MamaWhitty, It's just my opinion, but I would say if you're running way under calories with exercise on some days and feel extra hungry, I would eat something. Then again, like today you're feeling full, I would listen to my body and go from there. I don't think it would hurt you to eat on the days you're hungry since your body is putting you under calories anyway. Someone else may have better advice, but that's my thinking on it. :)

Day 4: Success!

Liz45
07-11-2013, 01:43 PM
PositiveAttitude, WTG on another great day! Woo Hoo! Ten days in a row is awesome! I notice you use the word "y'all"...That's my lingo, so I figure you're a GRITS girl like me. :)

I'll have to set some fruit on the bar to keep me mindful. Thank you for the mention of it because that reminds me I have watermelon in the fridge and it's now calling my name. Yum! Keep on the streak you're on! :)

Hoping all of you are having a fabulous within your calories day!

Liz45
07-11-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm from the Southeast, myself. I should have clarified my use of the word GRITS to the acronym Girls Raised In The South. And, I have to admit, I do love grits and enjoy them almost every morning for breakfast. :)

I hope your day is going as planned. So far so good here!

I hope you're all having a great day of it! :)

Mama Whitty
07-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the advice ladies. I have been the same weight for two weeks now and it's driving me crazy. This is with staying under my calorie goal and with exercise. I am definitely thinking of not writing down my exercise to see if that helps. I am still under goal this week.

Liz45
07-11-2013, 09:45 PM
MamaWhitty, If you're staying under goal and aren't losing, it could be water weight. I wouldn't worry much about it because the weight will probably start dropping off in a few days. WTG on staying under goal! :)

vanessa89
07-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Hey everyone, I'd love to join :) Started counting calories today, I'm 167.2 lbs and I'm going to aim for 1600 cals/day.

Liz45
07-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Good Morning Vanessa and :welcome2: aboard! I'm so glad you joined us! :)

Day 5: Success!

Liz45
07-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone! What do you all think of setting ourselves a certain goal to reach for our "streak", such as 30 days of staying within our calorie ranges? I just thought it would give us something to strive for. When we reach our goal we could keep adding our personal days, but work toward another 30. Anyone have suggestions on how many days to shoot for and ways to make it fun, as a team?

The only rule would be, if we fall down, we don't kick ourselves for it, but dust ourselves off and start all over again. ;)

If y'all have any other suggestions on ways we can keep it fun, please share. Loving this little group!:grouphug:

Kelly R
07-12-2013, 11:06 AM
This sounds like a really great idea! I'd love to join in starting on Sunday - I'm having a cheat tomorrow, but Sunday I'll be back on track!

Liz45
07-12-2013, 12:56 PM
:welcome2: Kelly! Go glad you're joining us! Enjoy your cheat day tomorrow! I'm so tempted to have one today, myself. It's a semi-stressful day and I am in a really munchie mood today. Looking forward to doing this challenge with you! :)

Kelly R
07-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks! I definitely do the stress eating thing big time. That's why I try to plan my cheats ahead of time, so when I get stressed I can remind myself it's coming :)

Liz45
07-12-2013, 02:36 PM
That's a great idea. I wish I'd done that. lol There is no way I'm staying within calories today. But tomorrow is a new day. :) I may try to shoot for 30 days starting tomorrow and just plan a cheat day after every 30 days. I'll just play it by ear for now, but I'm going to give it a shot starting tomorrow. Have a great one today and a fun day relaxing tomorrow! :)

Mama Whitty
07-13-2013, 02:32 AM
I stayed under my calorie goal by 255 today. Now I am
starving at 12:31 in the morning. No plans on eating anything, but I will do better tomorrow. It proves I cannot be successful with under a 1000.

Liz45
07-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Positive Attitude and Mama Whitty, Congrats to both of you for staying in your goals! A big Woo Hoo! to both of you! :D Positive Attitude, you're a third of the way already to 30 days! Yay! :cheers:

I did derail some and quit counting cals at that point, but it's a new day. Day 1 and shooting for 30 Days!

Tarabella, Luffz and Vanessa89, I hope all of you a hanging in there and rockin' and rollin'! :)

Kelly, I know you must be gearing up for your start tomorrow! I hope you have a great start! :)

Let's make it a great day everyone! :D

Liz45
07-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Positive Attitude, I get tired of chicken really fast, too. I know I shouldn't do it, but I eat whatever I want each day. I could definitely stand to eat better, but that's one thing I like about counting calories, feeling I have more variety. After trying so many "restrictive" diets over the years, this is the way for me. I figure as long as I stay under calories, I'm in good shape.

I'm so glad you are having good days!!! Keep it up! :D I also had a great day yesterday and working on another today! :D

Day 1: Success! :)

Let's all start this week on the right foot!

Liz45
07-15-2013, 06:22 AM
Day 2: Success

Working on a 30 day streak!

Let's make it a great day, all! :)

Liz45
07-15-2013, 07:43 PM
PA, You may have just squeaked by, but hey, as long as you're hanging in there and not going over, that's all that matters! WTG!!! :cheer2:

Cajun fries sound really good. :) Also, red meat is my favorite, too. I am eating potatoes, too, sometimes white potatoes, sometimes sweet potatoes. I love them both. I only eat a little at a time, though. I have been eating them without butter lately and finding I don't really need the butter. But if I do want it and it's within my limits I will have it.

I had a small steak and a 1/2 a baked sweet potato for supper, no bread. I was wanting something crunchy a minute ago so now I'm munching on .5 oz peanuts. They seem to be doing the trick. I wasn't stomach hungry, but mouth hungry and needed that crunch.

For my chocolate cravings, I've been relying on fudgsicles and hershey's kisses now and then. Love them both. The fugsicles only have 40 calories per pop, and on these hot days they really hit the spot.

Congrats again on your day 14! Awesome! :carrot:

I hope everyone is hanging in there and doing great! :)

Have a great evening!

Kelly R
07-16-2013, 10:38 AM
I had my cheat on Saturday (and did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would :cry:). I kind of got back on track on Sunday, but not totally. So I am counting yesterday as Day 1!

Liz - mouth hungry is the perfect way to put it! There are times when I'm not hungry, or even really don't want food, but my mouth still says "mmm, I want that."

Someone burned some toast in the office kitchen this morning and I wanted to hunt them down and mug them for it.

Liz45
07-16-2013, 11:34 AM
ROFL Kelly, about the toast! I hear ya! lol

Congratulations on getting through Day 1!!! Woo Hoo!!! :cheer2:

Oh yeah, the gruesome mouth hunger. Even the peanuts didn't completely satisfy me, so I ended up with popcorn a little later and that finally made my mouth shut up with the begging. I still had the calories reserved though...sooo...

Day 3: Success!

Here is to everyone having an incredible day today! And, we will! :)

Mama Whitty
07-16-2013, 09:11 PM
I am falling off the wagon. I have had 3 days straight without proper exercise. Yesterday I was over my calories. (230 over) Today I am under by 1, plus I did some WATP. I just feel myself sliding down a slippery dangerous slope. I am still hungry and out of calories. Ugh! Time to get back on track. It's hard.

Liz45
07-17-2013, 05:39 AM
Mama Whitty, Hang in there. I know how you feel because I've been down that road many times. I don't think 230 over in cals is bad at all. Usually if I go over I call it a day and give in to anything, so WTG on not going too overboard!

Yesterday may have been just one of those days where your body craved more calories than usual. I have times like that, especially when TOM approaches. Congrats on not going over! :)

I love WATP, too! I have to force myself to exercise and walking with Leslie Sansone makes the time pass quickly.

I hope it's a great day for you today! :)

Kelly R
07-17-2013, 10:19 AM
PositiveAttitude, congrats on 16 days! It's not always pretty, but you do what you can.

Mama Whitty, good luck. It's so hard once you feel yourself starting to slide, but staying under and working out is great. How do you feel about raw vegetables? When I'm having hungry days, I usually add some cucumber or bell peppers. It fills me up without adding too many calories. It's not my favorite snack, but it does the trick!

I stayed under again yesterday, so my streak is at 2! :)

Good luck to all of us today!

Mama Whitty
07-17-2013, 11:26 AM
I do love cucumbers and carrots, but I am just being lazy right now. I did end up going over yesterday. I had half of a protein bar. So it ended up being 94 calories over. Today is a new day. I was so lucky to be down another pound, so I am ready to get back on track. My calorie limit is 1200 according to MFP & sometimes I find it really hard to stick to. (especially with exercise) Thanks for the encouragement Kelly R, Positive Attitude, & Liz45.

Liz45
07-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Good Morning Everyone!

Positive Attitude.. You are rockin'! I was thinking, the ton of exercise, which is a good thing, lol ... but may have been part of what made you feel hungrier. When I do a lot of extra physical activity, I tend to get hungrier. Congrats on day 16! Woo Hoo! :)

Kelly, I want to congratulate you on Day 2 also!!! WTG!!! :)

Mama Whitty, MFP is a great source. Lord knows I'm no expert, but I know from my own experience that when I exercise a lot, I do tend to need more food. I'm not in any way putting down MFP because they are the experts. lol

But I wanted to share what elvislover324 posted on another thread: "For women, the easy method of calculating calories is taking your goal weight and multiply it by 10. For maintenance calories, take your current weight and multiply by 10. (This assumes little to no exercise so you might need to eat a bit more if you feel hungry.)"

This made sense to me. I hope it helps you, because I know how miserable it is to feel hungry constantly when trying to lose.

I forgot to mention that Day 4 was a Success! Working on Day 5 of 30! :)

Mama Whitty
07-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Liz that totally makes sense. So I would be undereating at 1200 calories, though not be much. I am going to stick with that number since I am following MFP, but sometimes I wonder if I am eating enough.

My sister just had a baby today, so we went to see my new niece at the hospital. Let's just say I failed considerably in my choice of lunch food. I am not gonna worry about it since I am going to workout tonight, but I need to figure out how to make myself stick to my goal. This is such a great site that gives me motivation daily.

On another note, I just purchased the fitbit 1, I am so excited to try it out. I go on vacation this Saturday for two weeks. I think this will be a great tool in my diet success.

Liz45
07-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Mama Whitty, :congrat: on your new niece! I can understand not staying on plan on such a special day! And tomorrow is a new day! :)

Awesome on the Fitbit! I hope you enjoy it and your upcoming vacation!

Mama Whitty
07-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Thanks Liz. I ended up going to get her Chipotle since it's her favorite and she hadn't had anything to eat since 8 last night. I knew I shouldn't have ordered anything, but I did anyways. I was so disgusted with myself that I only had half.

amandie
07-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Hi all. Have room for one more?!

I was on WW off/on for almost 3 years and started counting calories out of curiosity then as time went on, I decided calorie counting is the way to go for me.

Today is day one of counting calories and so far so good!

Mama Whitty
07-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Welcome amandie! I find that this is a great thread for us calorie counters. I am also in your current challenge. I am not as active in that thread, but look forward to entering my weight tomorrow at check in.

I also did WW, but find I am having more success with MFP and calorie counting.

Edited to add: I am under my calorie goals today. Finally and Yay! Loving my new fit bit.

Liz45
07-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Mama Whitty, WTG on staying in your range yesterday! That's awesome! Don't kick yourself over half a chipotle. I wouldn't have been able to stop, so I think you did great! :)

:welcome2: aboard Amandie! We are happy to have you join our little group! The more the merrier!

I've thought about trying WW's in the past, but never did. How do both of you think it compares to calorie counting? I CC'ing easier than points or about the same?

Day 5: Success!

Sheena82
07-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Hiya guys,

Ok if I join? I'm on 1200 calories a day so trying to keep a tight rein on what I get into those calories!

Liz45
07-18-2013, 09:14 AM
:welcome2: Sheena82! We are happy to have you here! :grouphug:

Kelly R
07-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Hi all.

Made it to 3 days yesterday! Was not easy - I went to Costco and I was starving, but I managed to control myself. Have to go to the regular grocery store tonight, so I made sure I brought extra vegetables.

Hello to Sheena and Amandie, and thank you to everyone for your support!

Mama Whitty, I've wondering if Fitbit was worth the cost. I'd love to hear what you think as you go along.

Liz45
07-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Kelly, Congrats on Day 3 and for being strong while starving in Costco! Not easy, I'm sure! WTG!

Positive Attitude, You're doing things right and have the right attitude so don't you worry what those scales say! Here is a pic for you and all of us here. Sorry it's so huge, but I think it speaks the truth!

Y'all keep on keepin' on! You're all doing great!

https://i.imgur.com/shxU0Wc.jpg

Mama Whitty
07-18-2013, 10:12 PM
I stayed within my goal today. Yay! Plus I got in some good exercise. Tomorrow I had back to Houston for one day. (travel days are hard) Even worse I then head on a two week vacation down Route 1 in California. I am so worried about how I am going to stay on track. I will have to have a few cheat days I think.

Liz45
07-19-2013, 07:35 AM
I don't blame you for the cheat days on your vacation. I would do the same. WTG on another great day! Have a safe trip! :)

Day 6: Success

Liz45
07-20-2013, 07:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I hope you all are hanging in there! Have a fabulous weekend!

Day 7: Success!

I thought I might start posting my calories daily. My calorie goal is 2000 or less, as I've stated before. My goal is not to become a skinny mini. I just want to get to a healthy weight for me, and I want to do it without feeling I'm depriving myself, or I wouldn't stick to diddly. So here are my numbers so far, and I'll be posting them daily after today.

Sun. - 1522
Mon. - 1404
Tues. - 1662
Wed. - 1370
Thur. - 1120
Fri. - 1304

Kelly R
07-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Good morning all!

Didn't have a chance to check in yesterday, but I stayed within my goal on Thursday and Friday. 5 days!

This weekend will be a test for me. My nieces and nephew are coming for a sleepover tonight, and tomorrow we're going to the zoo. I think I can do it, though. I'm trying to model healthy eating habits for them, so most of the food I've planned is healthy, and we're bringing our own food tomorrow.

Liz, good idea on posting your calories. I'll start doing that on Monday probably. Also, I LOVED the photo of the scale you shared the other day. I sent it to a couple of friends and saved it for when I need reminding.

Mama Whitty, enjoy your vacation!! You can always start a new streak after.

Congrats to everyone, and good luck to us all over the weekend!

Liz45
07-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Hey y'all. I'm in a bit of a hurry, so please forgive me if there's something important I forget to respond to.

Congrats to you both on staying within your calories, even if you had to eat over a few of those exercise calories. Some people say exercise lowers your appetite, but I've found the opposite to be true. Y'all are doing great! :cheer2::cheer2:

PA, The waist band in my jeans were a little looser yesterday. It'll probably be a month or so before I see any big difference, but I'm looking forward to the day! :)

I'm glad y'all enjoyed the pic of the scale/sign. And it's so true! Believe me I understand about weighing and to have gone from daily to weekly is an accomplishment! I would probably still be weighing daily if my scale hadn't kicked the bucket. That's why I refuse to replace it. I've just decided I really don't want to know anymore, but I would want to know if we had a scale. lol

Here is to another fantastic day for all of us and for the whole weekend! We can do whatever we set our minds to! :grouphug:

Sheena82
07-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Thank for the welcome guys!!! Love the sign!! I've managed 9 days under/at goal calories (went on weekend which broke my stride). Great idea for a thread Liz, i'm sort of just accountable to myself, which is fine but its nice cheering on everyone else and yourself as it really is an achievement to be consistent. Well done guys doing really well!

Weigh in day tomorrow should be a good one yay!

Sheena82
07-21-2013, 06:25 AM
Okey weigh in i'm down 5 2lbs yay! I actually put on a little last week and then whoosh its come off so thats a relief! I'm flying home this thursday so really wanted to hit 11 stone before i did, so i'm close!

Hows everyone doing?

Liz45
07-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Hi Sheena! Woo Hoo on staying within your calories and 5.2 lbs. down! AWESOME!!! :cheer2: Congratulations!!! Keep it up! :)

Cals were on the high end yesterday because our daughter brought chocolate cake and Ghirardelli chocolates. But happy to have stayed within!

Calories: 1823

Day 8: Success!

tarabella
07-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi everyone and thanks Liz for my message and *prompt* to get back here!

I have NOT been going well and put on a maybe 5 lbs in the last week and a half though I think that's partly muscle gain from lifting more. However yesterday was 1523 cals so that at least is back in a decent range, my goal is 1,300-1,500.

So I'm claiming day 1 again and going for day 2 today.

Go girls! I am determined to have a clean eating week and stay within calories, so I am glad I've got company; let's all have a great week!

amandie
07-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome, guys!! I have been doing great since my first post on here up until last night, I went over a couple hundred (500 max) with beer and shots. I enjoyed myself though! :)

Back on track and doing great so far today. Day one, check!

Love the pic, Liz! So hard to kick the scale habit- too addicted to the #s! Maybe I'll get rid of it once I hit 150. :)

Sheena82
07-22-2013, 05:18 AM
Well done for getting back on it tarabella, i always find it challenging to get back on track if i've had a few days off plan. Good for you. Day 11 and i will definately come under my goal calories!

Liz45
07-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Good Morning Y'all!

Terabella, I think you had an awesome day yesterday! Twenty Three calories can be lost in a sneeze. ;) WTG getting back on track. That's the hardest part, after all! You are not alone. We're all in this together! :grouphug:

Amandie, I understand about the scale. I was an addict for years to them and if mine hadn't bit the dust I would still be a daily weigher, which is why I never replaced them and never will. :) I don't blame you for having a good time. We've gotta cut loose now and then! Good going on getting back on track! :)

Sheena, Congrats on Day 10 and welcome to Day 11! Woo Hoo!

All of you are going great! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Day 9: Success. :)

Sheena82
07-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey guys have you seen this?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/281083-part-2-4month-summer-fall-weight-loss-challenge.html

I've joined it to track weight

Liz45
07-22-2013, 07:25 PM
PA, The pastries sound really good! Yum! Good job on throwing the rest away. Not sure I could be so strong!

Congrats on getting through days 20 and 21, blurry though they may be. At least you got your exercise in! Woo Hoo! :D You've been doing really well, so I feel sure, as you do, that the extra weight is purely water weight...possibly even muscle mass from the exercising, too! Either way, it's not a bad thing! ;)

Keep up the awesome work! WTG! :cheer2:

Liz45
07-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Sheena, That looks like a good challenge. If it weren't for not weighing, I'd jump in there with you guys! Have fun! :)

Liz45
07-23-2013, 11:44 AM
PA, WTG on staying on track! The rest of that weight will drop off pretty quick, I think. I love macadamia nuts, too. Maybe you could have 1/4 to 1/2 ounce or them at a time? Not a lot, but it might help you get rid of the cravings. ;) I agree, they are expensive.

Yesterday was a good day. So, day 10 was successful.

Here's to another good day everyone! :)

amandie
07-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Yesterday was a great day calorie-wise! So that's 2 days down so far! I made a delicious iced coffee this morning with some chocolate almond milk and crushed raspberries. So good!

Have a great day, everyone!

Kelly R
07-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Amandie, that coffee sounds delicious!

Congrats to everyone who's kept their streak intact so far.

I'm up to 8 days. Took a whole bunch of kids to the zoo on Sunday. It was still really hot and while I made sure they were well fed and watered in the heat, I didn't do such a good job on myself. By the time I got home, I was sick to my stomach, so I was way under on calories that day. Yesterday I went up to the upper end of my range, but I didn't go over.

Sheena82
07-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Errr went over cals today, it was supposed to be a good day arrgh!! Am on about 1200 and went to 1650 soooo will shave a bit off over the next few days. Not the end of the world but i think posting this blip here si definately a positive thing to do, so day 1 again for me tomorrow!

Liz how are you finding not weighing in? I'm a bit of a scale, are you weighing in once in a while or avoiding it altogether?

Liz45
07-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Congrats to those who have stayed within calories! Woo Hoo! :)

Sheena, I'm afraid I may join you today in going over in cals and I have a very lenient calorie limit, but I'm in a very munchy mood today. We're going to have those days, though, so the thing is to not kick ourselves when we go over. We'll just strive to have more good days than bad. :)

As for not weighing in, I'm loving it. I don't weigh at all anymore. Even after I get into a size I'm comfortable with, I won't weigh in. It would drive me crazy if I saw the scale tilting up now and then. I would rather be oblivious to the number and only concentrate on having "good" days, instead.

Let's hang in there and have a peaceful night everyone! :)

madridguiri
07-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Hey guys,

I haven't been on this site in forever, but I've recently crept up 6 lbs due to stress and emotional eating, so I need some accountability for calorie counting. My goal is 1400/day. I exercise about 4-5 times a week. My goal is to lose 10 lbs to get down to 128.

Today I ate 1400 calories. I'll check back daily.

Liz45
07-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Welcome Madridguiri! We're glad to have you! :)

PA, WTG on doing so well and congrats that those pounds are falling off one by one! :)

Yesterday was a success..so 11 days straight...but today I ate everything that wasn't nailed down! Restarting tomorrow! ;)

Kelly R
07-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Fell off the wagon a little on Tuesday. I went to dinner with some coworkers, and I saved extra calories, but not enough. I don't think I went over by a lot, but I was definitely over.

So, on to a new streak. Yesterday was day 1!

Liz45
07-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Positive Attitude. WTG on hanging in there. You are doing fabulously! :)

Kelly, I'm restarting with you. Day 1 today. Love new beginnings!

Hoping everyone is doing great!

RollTideRoll
07-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Hey everybody, I'd like to join in if I could! Started Monday, been within my calorie goals all week, missed my water goals on 2 days this week, and exercise is still a no-go..:( for the exercise! Not sure what it will take to motivate me for that! Maybe if my hubby unleashed a bear or something behind me to make me run?!?

Liz45
07-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Positive Attitude, WTG on 4 straight days! Woo Hoo! :cheer2:

RollTideRoll, I'm so sorry for the late :welcome: but am happy to welcome you in joining us! :)

I know I started this page about staying within a "streak" and I do still plan to come and support all of you here. But, I'm making some changes for myself. I've decided that during the week (Mondays thru Fridays), I'm going to do 1500 or less calories and give myself some leniency on weekends, holidays/special days.

I'm always a work in progress and always changing my mind about my plan. So in a month or less, I could be doing something different! ;)

But, as I said, I will still be here to support you all. Please forgive my slackness at times!

Hoping you're all doing fantastically! :cheer:

Kelly R
07-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Good morning, hope everybody's weekend was awesome!

Liz45, you definitely have to find what works for you. You can always change your mind later if you're not getting the results you want. I recently made two big changes that seem to be working really well for me. I weigh myself every day (I know most people tell you the opposite, but it works for me!) I also added some whole grain carbs back in after trying to really restrict myself.

RollTideRoll, think about the progress you are making. You might not be ready to do everything at once, so do what you can, and add to it as you can. I've gotten better about exercising, but I do still say the only way I'll ever run is if a bear is chasing me. Or a zombie.

My new streak is up to 5 days! I'm proud of that because I had social events Friday and Saturday and went to a baseball game yesterday.

Liz45
08-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Kelly, You are really swimming! Keep up the great work! :D

Sheena82
08-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Hiya guys! Hope you are all well!! Got back from my hols 9lbs heavier!! Messed around for a week and am now back on it! Unfortunately i'm away again in a month and i figure it will take that long to shift the extra weight i've gained aaaaaand am likely to put some back on again as this ones a proper holiday as opposed to sitting around the in-laws place speed eating kit kats (yes i'm appalled too by that)! Such is life.....

Liz45
08-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Hi Sheena. Enjoy your holiday. That's the one time I don't worry about food, period! That time should be enjoyed with no worries. :)

I've changed my calorie range around a good bit lately, some days deciding not to count cals at all but go back to intuitive eating. I think I'm going to try that again for a while, though I may be back to cal counting one day. We shall see.

Wishing all of you the very best.

Sheena82
08-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Liz is it still working out for you? I tried intuitive eating and either i dont have a stop signal or i'm not listening!!

Liz45
08-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Sheena, I truly apologize for the late reply. I didn't see your post until just this minute.

I know what you mean about not having a full signal or that it's hard to know when you're hungry/full. Believe me. I have gone through that in the past with IE and just couldn't figure it out..

...but the past few days doing IE have been really good. I've been busy with family stuff going on, so being extremely busy is probably helping a lot. Even so, there are times when I want to snack and I do so with no guilt. Then some days or at certain times of day I'm feeling a little hungrier and "honoring my hunger". All in all though, I really do feel like I'm eating a lot less because I'm also learning to honor my "non hungry" times, too. Sometimes when I'm not sure I will drink a tall glass of water. It does the trick sometimes and other times I go ahead and eat a little something. I'm trying to pay attention to my satisfaction signals, by paying attention to the taste of the food. If the food gets to the point that it's not as tasty as those first few bites, I know I'm getting to the point of satisfied. There are times I have eaten a little beyond that to "full", but try not to go that far because I feel a lot better if I don't reach that point.

My jeans seem to be fitting a bit looser, but we'll see. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I hope this is the time that IE is finally clicking for me.

I'm writing through exhaustion, so please forgive me if I've rambled too much.

How have you been doing the past few days with Calorie Counting?