Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 01:06 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Waxing?

Has anyone been waxed before? I've had my eyebrow done but I'm TIRED of shaving. I was thinking about getting my legs and bikini (plus!) done. Anybody have any experience with this?
Old 06-13-2003, 02:46 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

AAAHHHGGG!!!!!!!

I have only done it with a home kit and boy did it hurt! It put me off it completely so I have been testing out the hair removal creams to see if they work.

So far I have tried Nair: smelly stuff but worked okay except for a few patchy bits and Veet (by the same company) : which is a spray on foam solution that you wipe off after 2-5 minutes. It worked okay too but the results did not last more than 3 or 4 days.

It might not be as painful if you get a professional salon but I would make sure it was a good quality salon with a good reputation in the waxing biz!
Old 06-13-2003, 07:41 PM   #3  

I am a big chicken (I am chicken: hear me squawk!)...I am cringing just to think of the words "bikini" and "wax" in such close proximity!

Lidian
Old 06-13-2003, 08:14 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Ditto, Lidian. I've never had it done. My armpits are virgin territory, and my legs get a scrape a few times a year. I'm starting to wonder about my upper lip though... I have to take a tweezer to it every so often. ouch!!
Old 06-14-2003, 12:00 PM   #5  

I trim my 4 (4! oh my lordy, how many will I have in 6 months!) chin hairs with nail scissors. And I have to work up to that, even. I am usually braiding them by then. Lovely.

Lidian
Old 06-15-2003, 07:51 PM   #6  

What I hate is when there's a black one on my neck about an inch long and NOBODY tells me!! aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!
Old 06-15-2003, 07:53 PM   #7  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Ellis - ewwwwww

I bought Nair waxing kit today. I will let you guys know how it goes when I use it.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:18 PM   #8  

I will be very interested in how you like it, Squeak - cuz I think I may need to use something like that this summer. Maybe. I seem to be getting hairier as I perimenopause my way into the 40s (yuck!).

Lidian
Old 06-16-2003, 01:45 PM   #9  

Default Well as I enter pre-menospause......

......the growth of hair on my legs is slowing down........good thing...gives me more time to work on my newly acquired moustache......ugh! I wax my brows every couple months or so...everything else is occassional.

DD11 is refusing to wear shorts because someone commented on her hairy legs.....not sure if I should let her shave, wax etc...I am blonde so was never a huge issue but she has east indian blood (and hair) and not sure what I should do to help.

Any suggestions?

Eliz
Old 06-16-2003, 02:05 PM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Eliz - If she was just wanting to shave because she wants to be grown up, I would say no way. But if she's embarrassed, I'd let her do it.

I used to work for a laser hair removal place and had it done on my chin. It hurt more than anything else in the WORLD and I still have hair (it's suppose to be permanent)!! Although I hear electrolysis hurts like crazy. I pluck those 4 hairs with tweezers now.

I've had my eyebrows waxed and it doesn't bother me.

I've used Nair and had a terrible allergic reaction in my bikini region. NO ONE wanted to believe it was an allergic reaction either! I didn't wear a swimsuit for a month.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:12 PM   #11  

Eliz, the fact that women shave to be "fashionable" really ticks me off. HOWEVER... puberty is an awful time, and if your daughter is embarrassed to that extent, I'd let her wax. I'd say wax because I'm lazy, and hate to think of her having to shave, shave, shave...

It's not like you're letting her smoke so she can "fit in".
Your lucky daughter having east Indian blood... she must be beautiful...
Old 06-16-2003, 02:21 PM   #12  

Default She is gorgous

If she can just through this tough time and get to the other side she will soon realize that.......that is why I don't want to start the shaving thing....it will grow in thicker....

Bye for now

Eliz
Old 06-16-2003, 02:54 PM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

I was a hairy kid. unfortunately i grew up to be a hairy adult. and it sucks!!! It's weird cause I have no hair on my arms, and people are always asking me if i shave my arms, and i don't, and i think to myself - do you really think i'd go to all that trouble to shave my ARMS? I mean, look at my poor hairy-*** face! *lol*
I started shaving my legs around 6th grade cause everyone else had smooth legs and I was getting made fun of (pimples and chubb didn't help the situation much!) I started using dipilitory on my moustache in 8th or 9th grade - and i wish i never did cause now i have to use it all the time. and it is gross. and i just gave up on the eyebrows, shave the middles and pluck the sides and pretend i don't notice. *L*

Boy, I sure do paint a sexy picture of myself huh??? Man, and I'm only 22 i don't even want to know about what will happen when i'm 45. And I really am getting pissed at these bizzare hairs that pop up out of nowhere on my neck and are like an inch and a half long. Doesn't my husband see them? I tell him about stuff like that.
Speaking of hubby... poor man is a beast too. Ever shave someone's back? It ain't purdy. Our poor kids are going to look like the freakin Big Foot! I'm definately gonna let my girl remove her hair if she needs to, I know what it's like. and it sucks.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:46 PM   #14  
Searching

Question So what are thinking?

Are you thinking about getting one of those virgin bikini waxes where they strip all the hair off. I heard it really hurts but once the stinging is gone it can be quite erotic

I never fo my bikini area unless I am actually thin enough I will put on a suit, not happening this summer

Otherwise a nice facial and waxing are a good thing. Just stay above the neckline otherwise I trust my razor and some shaving cream. All the creams have burned the crap out of my sensitive skin.

Miss Chris
Old 06-18-2003, 05:42 PM   #15  

Question One more thing

Now that I have decided to let her shave......how should she do it?

Wax?
soap/razor?
foam?razor?
neet?

I have soft little blonde hair that only need to be shaved every 2-3 months so I have no clue where to start with this long, dark hair.

Thanks

Eliz
Closed Thread