Weight Watchers - New to WW - over 40 with 25# to lose

kittygrrll
07-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Hello all,

I started WW online on 6/30. I'm 45 and a Mom to 2 wonderful kids who are 10 and 12.

Sadly, I am heavier now than after my son was born almost 11 years ago :o I've tried various "fad" starvation diets the last several years, and have now come to the conclusion that slow and steady will win the race for me.

I need structure and the Points Plus system is giving me that. I had never realized how many calories I was eating a day through snacking (little bites of this and that while cooking or fixing snacks for the kiddos). Plus I love bubble gum and didn't realize that one piece had 20 calories - yikes!

Hoping it's ok for me to hang out here and learn :) Since I'm not during actual meetings, I need to be accountable somewhere.

Garnet2727
07-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi there! I've been doing WW online since January of 2012. I've quite a bit more to lose than you do but I can tell you that it has really worked for me. I did WW Online by itself for a few months and then, because I'm the anal retentive sort, I started counting calories too. That combination really works for me.

saharag
07-03-2013, 03:41 PM
I love WW too! I've reached a healthy weight twice with it. The second time doing it on my own without meetings. I used to never eat veggies before WW but now can't do without them!