Weight Watchers - July Chat

View Full Version : July Chat

Jilu
07-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Happy July, everybody! I love summer even if the heat index is in the triple digits until sometime in September.

June was pretty decent for me. Lost 7.8 lbs, only had a goal of 5 so I will take it.

July is starting out hard. This is the time when all the family comes to visit because we live on the beach. So it's always going out to eat, etc. And then fourth of July. Lastly, we are having a pig roast/graduation party for my cousin who just finished her Pharm.D. (Yay second pharmacist in the family!)

So this week is going to be rough. My weekly points were smashed from the weekend of beer and seafood platters, so I have got to kick it up on the exercise this week to make up for the fourth. It's my late week/on call week so it makes fitting in exercise harder. Getting up an hour or two early is hard when you've been getting calls all night from the hospital.

But I will persevere!

forkeeps
07-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Happy (almost) 4th!

Jilu: Yikes, getting awakened in the middle of the night does not sound fun. Come to think of it, even getting awakened at a decent hour of the morning is no fun either,lol! Good luck at your upcoming parties. I have one this weekend that will test the skills I've learned so far in WW.

Last weekend, on w/i day luckily, I made my first really big blunder since starting WW. I ate out and only checked the points AFTER we ate. Big mistake. It was a 23 point meal! ONE meal! I am having to plan carefully this week to make sure I don't run out of weeklies.

tjjsmom
07-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Hello all. I am new here... not to the site but this forum. I joined the site about 5-6 years ago and have come back from time to time. I have struggled with my weight my whole life getting down to 164 about a year and a half ago. This morning I weighed in at a hefty 198 pounds...eek!
I am going back to basics. No more get thin quick schemes good old weight watchers and exercise.
I started a hip hop abs and rockin body hybrid yesterday and will walk at work (when it isn't 90 degrees outside or raining). I tend to lose quickly when I do what I am supposed to do so I am guessing I should be back to my goal weight of 170 by the end of the summer or before.
I tried to start a blog because in the past that has helped me with accountability but the blogs are disabled....bummed about that.

Teresa66
07-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Hello everyone!

Welcome to the group tjjsmom. I agree that getting back to basics is what will work. :)

I lost 3.2 lbs this week because I stuck to the points and exercised. I am going to try my best to do the same this week and maybe hit my 10lb mark. I am trying not to beat myself up for not doing better and try to remind myself that at least I'm not giving up and I am losing weight.

As for 4th of July plans. HA!! I'm in furniture retail and I'm stuck working from 9 to 7pm. Hubby and I are going to have some grilled burgers today and call it good enough. :)

basketballmamma23
07-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Good luck to all you ladies this month with your goals! I know you can do it! I have been doing fairly well, and I am trying to make small changes. My goals for this month are:

1-Track every single day.
2-Get my treadmill fixed, and USE it

Jilu
07-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Two words to describe today. Sun. Burned.

It's actually mostly not really bad, but I got stuck driving the jet ski to pull people skiing/tubing and didn't get back to the pier for a long time today.

Sidenote of awesome. My aunt was cleaning out her house and asked if I wanted her amazing gym quality treadmill that is a couple years old. Which is amazeballs. It's so hot to walk/run down here right now (especially with the humidity), and I've been going to her house to use it anyway. She said I've been the only one to turn it on in months and she wanted it out of her breakfast nook.

So we found a pickup and hauled it over this morning!

forkeeps
07-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Jilu: Free treadmill, that is the most awesome thing! I am sure you will put it to great use and make your aunt proud. :) I hear you on the sunburn. I got one the first day at our neighborhood pool and got some funky tanlines due to the little built in skirt on my bathing suit. Been trying all summer to even it out but it is slow going.

I am off to weigh in a day early today because we are going out of town for my husband's family reunion this weekend. I am also seriously thinking about canceling my Active Link. I will think more on that and post later.

Have a great weekend everyone!

straightahead
07-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Hey, hope everyone has been well!

I am still inching along on my weight loss journey...the bad news is that I am on and off weight watchers (off much of the time and I need to find motivation again)...I think i am mostly rebelling against 26 points (because, while it is enough sometimes, there are other days it just isn't and then I feel resentful toward that target). And yesterday, I just ate whatever at the cookout (because I still have no control at family gatherings). So blech, I just need to get things together.

Good news is that I have started running...I did a 2-mile race in 23:05, which I am happy with for a first race! I am going to aim for a 5k in September. I am hoping that getting back on track with WW and my 5k training will help me conquer these 170's!

Hope the weigh-in was good, 4keeps!

smashlers
07-06-2013, 07:42 AM
I feel like I have fallen of the wagon, everyone! But.... I am STILL in an insane plateau. This week I am going to stop being so lax about WW and maybe something will happen!

geekmadre
07-06-2013, 09:44 AM
smashlers there you are! I had a 3 week plateau and the scale finally started moving again. Keep going! I know it's so frustrating!

In personal news, yesterday around noon, a man I never met started banging on my door. I mean beating the crap out of it. After I found pants (ha!) I finally got to the door. He said "The house next door is on fire and its going to spread to yours, you need to get out now!!!" He helped me get my Great Dane mix who was going nuts, and I grabbed my 2 year old son and my phone/keys. Long story short, the firefighters got the fire out quickly, but the neighbors house is most likely a total loss. Our house was scorched. Windows melted and broken and our air conditioner and satellite are fried. It was the most terrifying experience of my life. Everyone is safe including my 8 months pregnant neighbor and her kids and daycare kids. So anyway, I am trying my best to stay on plan. We are staying at my parents house for now.

Hope everyone is doing well!

smashlers
07-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Holy crap , Geekmadre! That is insanely scary. Glad to know everyone is ok!! Now the head ache of sorting all that out! geeesh!

tjjsmom
07-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome Teresa66. My sister gave me her old weight watchers information so I am gonna give it a go on my own. Hoping I can manage without going to the meetings it is not really in my budget right now.
I even started a challenge with some of my friends and relatives. I call it the "if it ain't tight it ain't right challenge" We started today and it will go until September 7th. I will text everyone almost everyday with inspiring messages or weightloss tips to motivate and help keep us all accountable.

Geekmadre glad you made it out ok I know that must have been very frightening.

Teresa66
07-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Geekmadre, what a terrifying experience!! I'm so glad to hear that there was no one hurt. I pray for you and your neighbors that your lives will return to normal as soon as possible. :hug:

I have had a terrible holiday weekend at work. I swear I got every rude, non-buying customer that walked into the store, while every other sales person was writing business and having a good time. I just don't know why this is happening but it does force me to work on my attitude. :rolleyes: Of course it doesn't help that one of my co-workers is on a mission to destroy another co-worker through noise harassment. I mean seriously two grown men acting like 8-year olds. It's a wonder I don't dive into a bag of chocolate chip cookies!! Especially since I'm also PMSing.:(

SoMuchFattitude
07-08-2013, 09:51 AM
:eek: Oh dear god Geek! How scary!!!

I'm getting back on the wagon for real this week. I'm going to my first WW meeting in over a month tomorrow. Ugh - so frustrated and disappointed in myself. I havent been brave enough to weigh in on my scale in over two weeks. I'm looking forward to getting back on plan, but not forward to seeing the damage I've done tomorrow. :sigh:

In less negative news: I ran the Peachtree Road Race 10k on the 4th and shaved 5 minutes off of my personal best! :)

Jilu
07-08-2013, 07:25 PM
SMF: Awesome on the race!

I got it back together today as well. I didn't weigh in on Friday because I haven't had a great couple of weeks.

I have weirdo depression. It doesn't happen a lot and it usually doesn't stick around for long so I don't take medication. But maybe once a year, I will just feels the apathy and the sads start to creep in. I still did all the things I usually do, I still hung out with friends, still did everything. But it starts to become like I wasn't really there. Like the real me is hiding in the back of my brain and just staring into nothing while fake me is acting normal.

So, my husband kind of pointed out to my last night that I haven't been participating. Or seeming to care. So I started back my routines of stuff that works. Which is really exercise. And having a schedule of stuff to do that requires active brain participation. And planning out weekly menus. And I'm starting to slide back into normality.

But! I'm making it. I know I did not make great food decisions the past week and change and it's really frustrating.

smashlers
07-10-2013, 02:33 PM
I think I am over my plateau. I woke up this morning down almost 2 lbs. and although its not my official weigh day, I changed my ticker because I am sick of 249.6 being on that sucker, d@mn it! I am ALMOST to a 50lb loss.... That is just insane to me. I am more than half way to my goal of 199lbs by Christmas.

In other extremely exciting news... I have a job interview next week at the public library of my dreams. I commute right now to a library south of where I live. Where I work now is a lot more conservative than I am personally. The interview is at a gloriously liberal public library that services Indiana University-Bloomington's community, and I am just ecstatic. I am not getting to sure of myself, though. I know that they get DROWNED with applications anytime a job opens up. The university has a library school, so there are tons of qualified canditates swimming around this hip town. Plus, I have a job that I enjoy. The thought of all that extra time I would have, not having to commute, and all the cool people I would meet, and getting to know their huge beautiful collection.... ahhh, it just sounds so nice. Fingers crossed! :encore:

Krissypants29
07-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Hello guys, July has been good so far. Ive been losing weight every week while being into the diet for 4 months..hope I dont plateau soon...The only negative aspect is that I had about a cup of spaghetti last night :( I cooked some for my boyfriends birthday. Spaghetti is my biggest weakness and Ive gained a pound from it (just how my body works) But thats ok...its a learning experience :)

basketballmamma23
07-10-2013, 06:05 PM
I can't believe we are 10 days into this month already! I have not done well AT ALL. I am so mad at myself. My hubby was off work Thursday-Sunday, due to the Holiday, and I ate everything I could get my hands on. For some reason, when things are off routine here, or something changes, I can never stick to any diet. :( Any suggestions??

I did start back today. I just hope I can stick with it.

SoMuchFattitude
07-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Good morning good morning! It's almost Friday! :carrot:

---
My weigh in was not NEARLY as bad as I thought it was going to be! OMG! I only gained 4.8lbs (after having breakfast, lunch, 2 snacks, and all of my water for the day) in 6 weeks of drinking/eating/partying and PMSing. WOOHOO! I'm feeling much better getting back into my routine. We did have Mexican last night after the Nephew's ball game; however, while I ate far too many tortilla chips I did order a salad w/ salsa for the dressing - dipping into my weeklies, but I'm oddly okay with it.

---

Jilu - I do the same thing. I take an antidepressant though. :lol: My PMS is terrible so my Doctor put me on Wellbutrin because it doesn't cause weight gain, but said I need to take it all the time. It's helped tremendously; however, I still have what DH calls "blue moods." They are no fun.

smashlers - WOOHOO! And good luck!

Krissypants29 - The topic this week was "flexible rationing." I thought that was a brilliant concept. 1 cup of spaghetti isn't bad at all!

basketballmamma23 - I take things one meal at a time. Every meal is a chance to eat better/differently. It's not as overwhelming when I look at it that way.

straightahead
07-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Like others, my weight loss has been stalled, but I started tracking again Monday and down the scale is going! Just gotta take this day by day and keep it up. What has helped this week is having all my fruits and veggies in baggies and my water in bottles in the fridge....so I can grab strawberries, grapes, carrots, snap peas, or celery conveniently (and I have choices other than apple or carrots....which is what I used to eat for convenience...and I got sick of them). I don't make miss diet soda with my water and unsweet tea bottles readily available either. Another thing I have gone back to is eating my activity points instead of my weeklies. that way, I need to earn extra points to eat extras that day and I don't have thedisappointment of seeing the weekly number going down on my tracker. so that is just a psychological tweak, being a perfectionist.

I am glad to see people on here getting back on track....this is as good a time as any to recommit and leave all that junk food behind

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

Jilu
07-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Officially weighed in today. I'm down 1.8 lbs from my last weigh in 2 weeks ago, but most of that has been this week.

I've also decided to start tracking measurements monthly. Because I feel like over my whole weight loss (not just weight watchers drop) that nothing has really happened. So I figure that's another something concrete to look at.

forkeeps
07-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Hey everyone! I have been away but still lurking and updating my weight here. This month the scale is going down but so slow. This morning's weigh in was a .4 pound loss, same as last week. A loss is still a loss, though, so I am not disappointed. I have really stepped up my exercise the last couple weeks, so that is probably why. Running three times a week instead of one, and now lifting weights a little. I do feel stronger and smaller, so it's not all bad. This journey is really developing some much needed patience in me.

We are out of town all next week (Savannah) so it will be a challenge to stay on plan. Free breakfast at the hotel every morning, I can usually find something healthy there. Lunch in the room while hubby is working, we'll probably get sandwiches or something. Dinner will be the biggest challenge. And it's my week to gain (every 4 weeks like clockwork), so I want to minimize the gain as much as possible. Hopefully there's a gym at the hotel.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

Jilu
07-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Super psyched. I managed to be down 3.8 lbs this week even with friends coming into town and going out to eat.

This is amazing. I next to never lose 2+ so I'm a little bit giddy about it.

Even more giddy that the sun is actually out today. I think we've been in a monsoon all this month. So, I'm going to go soak up that vitamin D.

smashlers
07-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Jilu that is AWESOMEEE!! Congrats lady!

amandabanana
07-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Jilu congrats on the weight loss! I haven't been doing so well lately and I'm so disappointed in myself. I need a huge kick in the butt to get back on track. I haven't used my treadmill in over a month and I haven't been tracking my food at all. Enough is enough, I need to stop sabotaging my weightloss and get back on track!

forkeeps
07-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Congrats Jilu! I know that must feel awesome.

I actually stayed exactly the same this week, even after our vacation and even though I expected to gain. Not sure what to think of that. I have really stepped up my exercise this month, so a stall on the scale is no surprise. Hopefully it will result in a woosh very soon.

Can you believe I got 14 activity points yesterday? That's what my ActiveLink tells me. I ran 4 miles yesterday morning, then we spent the entire day at Six Flags. I am worn out today. Luckily I don't have anything to do except shave one of the cats, so maybe I can take a nap today. :)

Have a great week everyone!

Jilu
07-23-2013, 06:36 PM
This might be my new favorite thing.

http://www.ilostwhat.com/

Aclai4067
07-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Hey all, I'm Ashley. I've done WW and 3FC before, lost 70 lbs, then got way off track and gained it all back. So I just rejoined a bit under a week and a half ago. I had a 3.2 lb loss my first week. It wasn't all I'd hoped, but it's a step in the right direction. And I'm already down about 1.6 more this week.

Smashlers- Good luck on your interview!

Jilu- Congrats on the big loss!

smashlers
07-24-2013, 07:07 AM
JiluTHAT IS AWESOME. I've lost the weight of a small Collie. lol. I am going to share this on fb when I officially lose the 50lbs. Jeeeez, getting to 50lbs has take so much longer than I thought it would be. I am VERY list and goal oriented. So, doing the simple math at the rate of my beginning loss rate had me at 50 lbs months ago... Haha, that didn't work out. It's ok. I am not easily shaken, especially with this weight loss stuff. Plus, these compliments NEVER get old.

Today I should find out if I got that job or not. I made the mistake of telling my direct supervisor I was interviewing. I know, thats a big no no. But I wanted to be able to use the reference from my current workplace, should they choose to call. Well, my boss has been being a big ole weirdo ever since. It's kinda crappy but a great lesson to me, when I am a manager, on how to deal with this sort of stuff.

Hope everyone has a great day!

forkeeps
07-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Jilu, thanks for sharing that site. Although it decided to tell me I lost the equivalent of 140 quarter-pounders. Great, like I needed that image in my head during my "hungry week".

Andee3112
07-24-2013, 01:46 PM
May I join u guys?

I have been counting calories but find counting points so much easier plus while CC I tend to eat junk food only. WW forces me to pay attention to more than just calories.

I will use the ultimate value diary since I have all the materials at home. I eventually plan on joining online but want to see if I really like it before signing up for it.

forkeeps
07-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Welcome, Andee! You are doing great so far. I too like the idea of points instead of calories. And your comment about WW making you choose healthier foods really hits home. I have been ignoring the Good Health Guidelines lately, I know I need to get back to healthier choices.

I did something I probably shouldn't have this morning. After a very strenuous run, then *ahem* using the bathroom not once but twice while waiting for breakfast to cook, I spotted our scale and for the first time since joining WW I weighed at home. I liked the results (179.8) but I have no idea how close my scale is to the WW scale. Plus I had lost a lot of water from running for 35 minutes. So I hope I am not disappointed when I weigh in at WW on Saturday.

But oh, it felt sooooooo good to see the 170s again..... :)

Aclai4067
07-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Forkeeps- You may want to weigh-in at home, right before your WW meeting, so that you know for future reference what the difference is between the two scales. Enjoy that 170s feeling! Even if the WW scale doesn't put you there this week, you'll reach it soon enough. I'm actually a daily weigher, but it only "counts" on Saturdays. I'm doing WW online, so I weigh at home anyhow... but I weighed daily the last time I did WW meetings also. I feel like it helps me stay on track throughout the week. Others don't like to do it because they stress every little fluctuation (and I will say it took a little time for me to get used to that).

I'm almost through week 2 and today has been my first hungry day. I'm not really sure why though. I've eaten about the same stuff as the other days, but today I'm just hungry. I've managed to stay on plan thus far and have plenty of points left for a filling dinner... just not sure what it's going to be yet.

forkeeps
07-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Aclai: I may weigh Saturday morning before leaving for the meeting, as you suggested. I have always been meaning to do that. Thanks for the encouragement about the 170s. I know they will be here (officially) soon. :)

As for your hungry feeling, I have found some weeks I am hungrier than others. I usually have a small gain every four weeks (always two weeks before my period so it must be my ovulation week) but that is never my hungry week. It is interesting getting so in tune with my body, when I never really was before this journey. But the hungry days don't last long for me, so I just power through them or use up my WPs on them. That is the beauty of WW for me.

forkeeps
07-27-2013, 09:59 AM
4 pounds down at my weigh in this morning. Finally, a significant loss! And two more weeks to go until my usual gain week. Feeling great!

Alcai, by the way, I weighed on my scale just before I left the house this morning. It was exactly the same as the WW scale! Never expected that. Now I need to make sure I don't get obssessed with weighing at home. :)

Aclai4067
07-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Congrats forkeeps! I had a good loss this week as well, -4.2. So I got my 5 lb star and I'm at -7.4 total.

I'm hoping I can lose 2.6 this week and get my 10 lb star, but well see. I'll be weighing in of Friday instead of Saturday, because I'm going to Atlanta for a wedding. So I'll have one less day to reach that goal.

The real challenge will be maintaining what I've lost after the rehearsal dinner and wedding... and then another wedding two weeks later! August is going to be a big challenge, but if I hadn't joined WW now, I know I would be putting on about 10 lbs at these events.

forkeeps
07-27-2013, 01:22 PM
If you merely maintain during the wedding weeks, that in itself would be a success. This time you are armed with knowledge and a solid eating plan so you will do great. It feels so good to be at a group event like that and forgo treats that you used to scarf up without thinking, and instead opt for a healthier choice like fruit. Then again, remember you have weekly points to use, so save them for one special treat if you want. Congrats on the 4.2 pound pound loss, you can do this!

straightahead
07-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Welcome, Andee!

Jilu, that was a cool link - I lost the amount of a cinder block

smashlers, that is always so awkward how references are needed for jobs, but that it is not always good to tell your references ....I have passed up opportunities because jobs in my field generally asks for 3 reference letters with the application so I'd have to hit up all my supervisors. Good luck trying to get a job you will love!

My weight loss for the summer has been ridiculous- I haven't thought twice about getting a huge ice cream, having extra snacks before dinner, or eating a whole small pizza over several sittings in a day. Luckily, my regular meals have mostly been WW friendly, so I have gone from 180 to 176.2 since May rather than gain this summer. I need to start focusing now because I really want to get into that non-obese weight range so I can then set a healthy weight I want to get to, so I have reset my ticker to 0 pounds lost, almost as a restart.

PUPMOM5
07-28-2013, 12:43 PM
I've lost 7 human heads. :sp:

Andee3112
07-28-2013, 07:51 PM
I had a great week, but today kinda sucked. I went way over and kinda binged. Havenīt done that in a long time. I was so stressed out from everything going on and just ate. I have to say though that I donīt feel any better after I ate. Just worse.

So a good lesson to learn again. Bingeing doesnīt do anything.

Do any of you know how far I have to be away from my weight goal in order to join the meetings and be able to turn lifetime?

Dixiemom
07-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Andee- they want you to have at least 10 lbs to lose. So if you get within 15 of your goal it would be a good time to join.

Aclai4067
07-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Can you become a lifetime member as a WW online subscriber? It hadn't really occurred to me that you would have to go to meetings to get lifetime. I also wonder if attending meeting at a franchise locations affects your lifetime status at WW International locations.

Andee3112
07-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Thx so much. 15lbs sounds good.

When I went to meetings they said u can turn lifetime when online member but u have to weigh in there to get a one month code for the online tools. I was confused though since thw homepage of ww states u need to be a meeting member. I would also love to know if any of u know for sure how this works.

Dixiemom
07-29-2013, 07:59 PM
My understanding is that online subscribers cannot become lifetime members with the lifetime benefits. Becuase you do have to go into a meeting to weight in each month to varify your maintenance of goal. So I would do what you are planning on doing Andee, join meetings when you have approx 15 lbs to go, get lifetime and the benefits and weight in there each month to maintain your lifetime.

messycrayola
07-30-2013, 03:18 AM
Hello everyone :) I've been doing a mix of pointing, rationalising less than perfect choices on holiday and combining South Beach with WW to lose around 40 pounds or 20 kilos since I started in November last year. Currently returning to pointing with a more "clean foods" focus than before I began South Beach. Finding it difficult to imagine I will get any lower at this stage as my progress has been glacial but still persevering.

Yes - unfortunately it looks like Lifetime status is a perk only available to meetings members.

forkeeps
07-30-2013, 09:31 AM
I've lost 7 human heads. :sp:

Ha! That's hilarious! :D