Chicks up for a Challenge - 4th of July to Halloween Challenge!

Pages : [1] 2 3

amandie
07-02-2013, 12:57 AM
Hi all!!! I'm making another challenge after the 4th of July is over that will continue on to Halloween! A bit long, I know but summer-time is when I start to flake out and fall off the wagon. I also would love to wear a better costume this year! I love the accountability and support we have had on the other thread and would love to continue that trend with this challenge! I hope many of you will join us so we can rock the heck outta our Halloween costumes!

Okay, a bit more details- The first weigh-in will be on July 11th but you can use your WI anytime from that week!

:sklol::sklol::sklol: For you sexy beasts that want in on the fun, come and put your name, SW and GW on the board to keep track of our weigh-in here! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai529T1jrukfdFotbk9iRF9pTTdZUW1uM3VnUVNaS 3c#gid=4) :sklol::sklol::sklol: (Just a tiny FYI- the columns on the furthest right will not update automatically. I will have to go in and update it manually so please bear with me as I will update it often the best I can.)

Anyway, super excited!!!!

ETA- Please join in at ANYTIME during the challenge!!! All are welcome!!

BrittBit
07-02-2013, 01:02 AM
I just added my name! :) I'm excited for this, Halloween is my favorite holiday!!

Changergirl
07-02-2013, 01:28 AM
I'm in. I started November 1st so this will bring me right up to my year anniversary. I'm really hoping to be maintaining by then but I've got a couple holidays coming up before then so my weight is going to fluctuate and it's been going in the wrong direction recently.

Leaves
07-02-2013, 06:13 AM
I'm in!

:D

wannaskipandlaugh
07-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Ah Amandie.. You are just so DARN Awesome! You are making it easier for us to keep track of ourselves and have a fun time doing it! I LOVE Halloween! Thank you so much for all that you do and I know your weight will go down down down too! :)

zoesmom
07-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Oh, you KNOW I am in :D Maybe I can hit 200 by my anniversary...or even ONEDERLAND!!! Fingers and toes crossed....

thnknthin1
07-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Heck yeah....let's do this thing!!! :)

I'm hoping to reach my goal of 160 by then!!! How awesome that would be!!

:carrot:

forkeeps
07-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Never done this before, but I'm in! Originally October was my ultimate goal but I have been losing slower (ie, more realistically) than I thought, so I still won't be at my goal weight at the end of this challenge. But I will be less than 20 pounds away, so that is exciting!

Thanks for doing this.

mboo
07-02-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm In

pnkrckpixikat
07-02-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm in! I entered a starting weight that is a midday weigh with clothes on a scale that is not my own since I am on vacation though so my first weigh in may show a DRASTIC drop...

...of course between now and the 11th I am on vacation, a ton of family is joining me at my grandparents, we have 2 birthdays and 2 fair trips planned so it also may go up as I am allowing decent leeway until the 10th which is when I leave

nightwasp
07-02-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm in.

stimkovs
07-02-2013, 05:31 PM
hey all! i have added myself in there.

this morning i was at 188 (yesterday was canada day) i've been partying for about 2 weeks, and it's tom season. I am assuming my actual weight to be around 184/183.

I need to COMMIT to this once again, and then the motivation will take care of itself!

Summertime is my favourite time, and I tend to really go all out (including with eating). I think I just need to remember that my heatlh and smaller pants are important!

amandie
07-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Yay!!! So happy to have you all with us! Very excited!

saggzz
07-02-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm in too. I'm not putting down a goal weight. I just want to lose something. Hopefully I will get into onderland or less.

TraumaNurse
07-02-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm so excited to have a slightly longer term challenge and Halloween is my absolute favorite day of the year! Perfect and this is about the time frame I was thinking I would make it to goal so hopefully it will keep me on track and motivated to make it (though these last pounds are the hardest). Thanks for starting this amandie.

sarcruze
07-02-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm all in!! This is exactly what I need to get myself pumped up and stay motivated. Thanks!

amandie
07-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Totally cool, Saggzz!

Yay, more newcomers! I can tell this is gonna be a great challenge! :carrot:

Any of you looking forward to the 4th of July? I'm looking forward to playing with the fireworks a bit (safely somehow, of course.)

SuperHeroTeacher
07-02-2013, 10:38 PM
You are so awesome amandiea! I put my name in, but will wait until
my official medifast weigh-in on Friday to put starting and goal weights on the spreadsheet.

Thanks!!! :carrot:

stimkovs
07-02-2013, 10:46 PM
amandie - no official forth of july up here, for us but lots of other fun activities!

I am planning to use this challenge to keep myself in check through all of the fun summer activities.

ange82much
07-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Help! I've written my name over the top of someone else by mistake in the spreadsheet and it saved and I don't know who it was.

Really sorry! Got a new computer and it's windows 8 and internet explorer 10 and between all those changes I can barely find Google let alone cut and paste - or enter things into spreadsheets properly.

Amandie can you help? Everyone else can you re-enter your details if it was you I deleted?

amandie
07-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Stimkovs- Gotcha! I forgot that not every country celebrates 4th of July, oops!!! I totally need this challenge, the last 2 summers I've always slowly fell away from 3FC and came back with a few lbs on me and I want to not to do that this summer into the fall! It also helps that since I started this thread, I will not disappear from my own thread as opposed to if someone else was starting it, ya know? lol.

No problem, Darcey. I think maybe I'll do the same, wait until my official Thursday weigh-in!

amandie
07-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Ange- Sorry, I didn't see your post at first. Fixed. No worries! :)

2fat2jump
07-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Wow, amandie! You got this challenge up quick. I guess you mean business. All right, let's do this!

I'd really like to be under 300 by my birthday (halloween). It's a lot of weight to lose by then, but like the saying goes shoot for the moon...land among the stars. I'll give it my all!

Katydid77
07-03-2013, 01:37 AM
I'm in. I'm in. I'm in. :D

So looking forward to this and with a nice amount of time, it feels like my 'forever stalls and plateaus' may actually be withstandable since I have more than a couple weeks

Gosh I would love to be in the 120s :D

Warrior
07-03-2013, 02:20 AM
I'm definitely in!!! :D I'll just wait until tomorrow's final weigh-in for the 4th of July challenge before I add my name/start weight. I'm really hoping to be at goal by the end of this challenge!!!

ange82much
07-03-2013, 05:22 AM
I'm in. I'm in. I'm in. :D

So looking forward to this and with a nice amount of time :D

Agreed! This longer timescale stuff really worked for me last time I dieted (!). Trying to see a difference one week at a time just doesn't happen for me - I really need to take monthly chunks to see a proper difference. And here I get a few monthly chunks to go at.

Just think how happy we're all going to be at the end of this one!

Thanks for correcting my stuff ups Amandie!! I won't be able to weigh in for the first couple of weeks as i'm on hol, but after that it's game on.

vdh2102
07-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi Everyone! I'm super excited to be starting this challenge. I made goal with the last challenge Amandie made that ends on the fourth of July, so I have faith that this system will work for me again, and since we have a longer time-frame this time, I think we will all be able to get a lot accomplished :). During the last challenge, I made it to a decade I hadn't seen since 8th grade-- the 140's. During this challenge, I want to make it to a decade I don't remember ever seeing-- the 130's! Since I've never been there, I'm not sure how hard it will be or what I'll look like, but I'm excited to try!!

Good luck everyone!

wordsthatrhyme
07-03-2013, 12:33 PM
This is going to be fun. :)

seize the day
07-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Late summer/ early fall are when all of my big anniversaries are (Birthday, anniversary, Boyfriend's birthday, best friend's birthday, Girl's vacation, etc.) So I am definitely in!

Also, Halloween is my favorite holiday :)

Anyone have fun costume ideas?

Jez
07-03-2013, 01:03 PM
I've been MIA, and in the meantime I've gotten to the heaviest I've been. I always lose motivation in these challenges as more and more people fall away from them, and then I quit myself. But you can't succeed if you don't keep trying, ha! So I'll do this one and the other one that spans the same length of time, and hope between the two of them I get it done!

Missys Mom
07-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Okay Im in, used my weight from my weigh in at WW last Friday morning, will weigh in again every Friday....I am going to California for Black Friday and to visit my bff and her family for 10-14 days....would love to have lost a significant amount of weight by then. Im not too keen on this but maybe it will hold me more accountable.

zoesmom
07-03-2013, 06:12 PM
JEBUS! Challenge isn't even official until tomorrow and this thread is super crazy popular!!!!

mrsoz
07-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Hi! I've just joined (I found you on facebook), and I've signed up. Committing myself to weightloss is the first step, right? Good luck to you all!!

Lindifer
07-03-2013, 06:17 PM
I am in!

Sum38
07-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Woot!

Only Believe
07-03-2013, 07:37 PM
I'm in. Though I don't celebrate halloween. LOL
I will add my weight tomorrow.

HeidiNicole
07-04-2013, 02:25 AM
I'm in, loved the last one!

alwe74
07-04-2013, 03:24 AM
I'm in! I'm kind of a slacker when it comes to challenges but I'm going to really try this time :D

Leaves
07-04-2013, 06:01 AM
:welcome3: to all the new challengers! As a Brit, I don't celebrate July 4th, but happy day to all those who do! It's really encouraging to see so many people already, I keep thinking should we move to the challenge forum, but it seems that we have far more people on board here so we should stick where we are!

So excited, here goes Day 1! Good luck everybody :D

Cantstopme
07-04-2013, 06:36 AM
I'm in too.....looking forward to meeting the challenge!

GutBuster
07-04-2013, 07:23 AM
I spent so much of my time in Italy sick and frustrated that I did not follow my plan very consistently...
But I'm back and rarin' to go! Count me in, and I look forward to keeping in shape and toeing the line with y'all til Halloween and beyond:carrot: !

Pink Hurricane
07-04-2013, 09:20 AM
I'm in and super excited!!! I have a lot of things motivating me in the next few months (my husband and I are starting TTC!) so this is just what I need! I added my stats! :D

stimkovs
07-04-2013, 09:41 AM
SOO First official W/I. 187.4 is where I start. Bloated and pre-TOM, so.... hopefully there's some water in there.

The real challenge is I will be attending a music festival Thursday-Sunday, and may only get 1 workout in, IF im lucky. I will then be resting/recouperating on Monday, going to another very anticipated show on Tuesday, celebrating my mothers bday on Wed, and weighing in Thurs. Lets hope for a loss? LOL

mbelle99
07-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi All, This is my first challenge! I am excited! Best to all, Mbelle

chellesmiles
07-04-2013, 10:21 AM
I would love to join! Ok off to figure out how to add myself.

anm17
07-04-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm in! This is so exciting, just in time for my trip to Germany. We all know we don't want to purchase 2 seats on the plane!

jessicado22
07-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Is just me, or is weird not having this in the "Chicks up for a Challenge" forum? I searched for this for like 1/2 hour before I finally found it, lol.

At any rate, super excited for this challenge. My goal is 174, which I haven't seen since high school...so basically 1/2 my life ago. I never dreamed of getting that thin in years...where I am at has always been my goal. But now that I am finally in Onederland, I'm going for gold!

Only Believe
07-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Start weight for challenge: 276.8
Goal: 245
I lowered my goal just a tad from where I set it this morning. I still may have it set a little high.. I guess we'll see if I make it LOL

schxoxo
07-04-2013, 05:09 PM
I just signed up. I'm jumping in headfirst! =)

Mori M
07-05-2013, 02:43 AM
Hi! I've just joined (I found you on facebook), and I've signed up. Committing myself to weightloss is the first step, right? Good luck to you all!!

Ha, me too! I LOVE halloween and think this will be a big motivation to lose weight. I signed up as well. :carrot:

littlefatcat
07-05-2013, 03:05 AM
I'm so excited to have found this challenge! My first day as a member and the 4th of July.

amandie
07-05-2013, 03:10 AM
Ohhhh, that's where I messed up, Jessica(do)!!!! :dizzy: Darnnnn!!!!

So happy to have you all with us for this challenge! The more the merrier!

stimkovs
07-05-2013, 07:49 AM
So happy that everybody is here.

How was every bodies 4th of July? That's definitely something I would personally love to check out one year!

Katydid77
07-05-2013, 10:27 PM
so, is this going to be the convo thread too? I was not sure myself

My 4th was good. Worked first part of the day, and then spent time with the niece and nephew

Food has not been great for the past couple of days, so I'm still in the process of tightening it back up. Not derailed so all is okay :)

Mori M
07-05-2013, 11:19 PM
My 4th was great. Got lots of swimming in and didn't over eat like I usually do at parties.

SunnyMathChick
07-05-2013, 11:36 PM
I just joined! I have been doing monthly challenges, but I like the idea of having something longer term. I put my goal weight as 154... Normal weight. Ack! That would be so amazing! A normal weight for the first time in over a decade. You had better bet that I would wear a great Halloween costume to show that off!

amandie
07-06-2013, 12:22 AM
Stimkovs- It was good. I had a few drinks, ate a little bit more than usual, played with fireworks and watched a little bit from downtown. You should definitely check it out sometime! :)

Katy- Yup, convo thread as well! Glad you joined this challenge! :)

Mori- Lucky you on the swimming part- jealous!!! Good for you on not overeating! I did just a teeny bit!! :)

Christine- That'd be awesome!! I think you can totally do it!

Less than a week to the first weigh-in! Let's get busy and start making some progress!

Pink Hurricane
07-06-2013, 08:33 AM
I have been ON FIRE this week! I cannot wait until first weigh in, I've quickly dropped almost 6 pounds, mostly water weight, but it has been a huge motivation for me to keep going!

Cantstopme
07-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Been walking everyday since the 4th and drinking my water

Cantstopme
07-06-2013, 08:38 AM
good luck !

stimkovs
07-06-2013, 09:52 AM
i gooooot into the food/booze last night. and it looks like i am going to do the same tonight.

going to go do some yoga this morning though and you know, offset a little bit.

i think my biggest issue is not binging so really, i am taking it one step at a time.

amandie
07-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Great plan, Stimkovs! That's all we really can do- take it one step at a time! What kind of yoga are you doing?

Cantstopme- Way to go on your walking and the water! Keep it up!

PinkHurricane- 6lbs?! Nice!!! Can't wait to see what you'll get come first WI!

TOM is here and I'm up to 167 today. Joy!!! Still on plan with food and Insanity today!

ange82much
07-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Checking in and checking out for a while. I'm still at my starting weight but off on holiday for a couple of weeks today, so see you all on the other side! Good luck with your first two weigh ins everyone.

Arrwillia
07-06-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm in! I'm visiting photographer friends in CA the first week of Nov so this is perfect!

I'm 5'7, starting weight is 188 and goal is 160.

PUPMOM5
07-06-2013, 09:19 PM
My first year anniversary will be the week before Halloween and that is also the time frame I wanted to reach my goal, 100lbs lost. I am in!

Vortex_VVV
07-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Hi all, just joining you. I love the idea of holidays for challenges.

I'm on a long slow weight loss journey and could use some motivation to step up my game just a little. Aiming for 250 by Halloween. Although that's slow, it would be a real landmark for me.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. Let's get losing.

Katydid77
07-07-2013, 12:42 AM
I had this weird spell today where I almost kinda 'lost control' over eating. Everytime I would catch myself eating, I would put it down or throw it away.

Ended the day at 1000 calories, but it was a real struggle to do so. It was so weird to just keep finding myself picking up something to eat mindlessly.

That is one thing I haven't done for a bit.

Just odd. Still on plan though. :)

EskaDee
07-07-2013, 03:54 AM
I'm in! I think the goal I have set is slightly unrealistic as it depends on my losing at least 1 lbs a week which is not always a certainty for me, but once I get to that weight I will be under my original intended goal weight and only just over a stone (14 lbs) away from my current goal weight! Gah, the excitement! I love Halloween so very much, and I am looking forward to all the healthy changes that I will have been able to make by then.

I only wish this challenge had started a week earlier so it would have looked really good to kick my time off with the 2 lbs weight loss I had today! Oh well, I'll just have to try harder for next week!!!

JustB1027
07-07-2013, 04:39 AM
Ok I am in. I am not sure what my starting weight is because my official weigh in is tomorrow. I know my goal is 250. I hope that is not unrealistic!

stimkovs
07-07-2013, 11:59 AM
amandie- thanks! i do bikram, which is more of a cardio-butt-kicking/ my meditation then the kind of yogas that were all used to hearing about. it's my little calm place, and i practice as much as possible.

pretty impressed with you for still doing the food/insanity thing around TOM.
literally, flood gates opened up last night- sry tmi haha and i'm pretty much fetal trying to not gnaw off my own arm. hoping that a 600 cal breakfast will fill me up till i can eat a big bad peice of meat later and call it a day.

Vortex_VVV - 250 sounds like a reasonable, achievable goal! you can do it!

Arrwillia isn't it awesome to have something to work for/ and a visible reward ?

Katydid77 i seriously hope that's a type-o. 1000 calories? I would be looking to eat everything, and then the door of the fridge!

EskaDee uh oh, looks like you set a precedent! guess now you need to match it!

JustB1027 you can do it!

-------
again, floodgates, my body seems to think that it's funny that every time i go to a music festival (Especially camping ones) that its tom season. seriously body?

anyways, thankfully this festival is not camping, but still has all of the same "facilities" so uh, double thankfully today is the last day.

i did have an awesome lunch yesterday, and a not so awesome dinner and a lot of the other food group (vodka lol). i ate the SALTIEST chinese food ever at the festival yesterday, and saw somewhere between 184 and 185 this morning, which is nice. i am hoping to clock it in at 184 flat on the 11th! that would be a nice little water weight loss!

JustB1027
07-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Ok I am at 274. I want to be at 250. That is 24 pounds to go!!

Vortex_VVV
07-07-2013, 06:40 PM
JustBe: We're starting at almost the same spot and headed for the same goal. Good luck and let's go!

wannaskipandlaugh
07-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Its so nice to see so many good people on this challenge. Amandie.. YOU just do such an awesome job.. none of us can stay away! Thank you! :)

jessicado22
07-08-2013, 02:17 AM
Wow, this is going to be one tough thread to keep up with!!!!

Welcome everyone who just joined! The last challenge was awesome. The spreadsheet really helps you feel accountable. I knew that I double guessed decisions knowing that I was going to have to weigh and check in here. Hopefully it will be that way for all of you too :) I am super excited....I hope to be to my final goal by the end of this challenge, which is crazy!!! I can't wait to wear a cute Halloween costume!

I don't think I can keep up with all the personals, but Congrats Pink Hurricane -- that is awesome! 6 pounds, holy crap!

stimkovs -- your avatar cracks me up :)

amandie -- ugh, TOM. But just think how much you'll drop in about a week ;)

ange82much -- hope you have fun on your vacation!

Katydid77 -- The really important thing is that you caught yourself :) Must be something in the air...I have been wanting to snack and eat much more than normal lately. It was a struggle at first of course, but these past few months it has actually been routine not to really even want to eat "bad" stuff. But these past few weeks have been a constant struggle. Even right now I am restraining myself from going and getting a salty crunchy snack. We can do this! Way to go on staying OP :)

As for me, I've pretty much stayed the same all week, which sucks as I've been resisting food like crazy, and still working out. But overall, it's okay and I'm not going to stress it. I know the smaller I get, the less weight I'm gonna lose and I can't expect 5 lb losses each week anymore.

I finally took some new photos and posted them in the mini-goal photo album if people are interested:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/284472-onederland-115-pounds-lost.html

I waited a few weeks before I celebrated getting to Onederland as I wanted to make sure it was really going to stick around, ha ha. :)

Hope everyone else is having a great week and whoosh fairies to all!

Jez
07-08-2013, 03:53 AM
Since I was at my heaviest ever July 1, at 182, I'm going for an even 50 lbs. I would be happy to be back in the 140s. Anything lower will be a bonus. So I'm putting 50#, but hoping for anything 32+.

anm17
07-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Had to post my first weight a little early, going on vacation for a few days and won't be here for the posting. Wish me luck eating while on vacation!

seize the day
07-08-2013, 11:56 AM
I went a little wild on the 4th, so hopefully this will get me back on track! I'm so excited about this challenge and 1st weigh in :)

Pink Hurricane
07-08-2013, 12:40 PM
I am so excited about first weigh in!!! I am hoping to drop a little more weight before then!

Mama Whitty
07-08-2013, 12:48 PM
I just signed up. I have been wanting to do a challenge so badly. I would also love to wear a better costume this year also. By the end of the challenge I hope to be at my goal weight.

There will be two weeks I cannot weigh myself. I'll be in California for vacation. I am terrified of what will happen on vacay.

BlueIsis
07-08-2013, 04:14 PM
I'm in. I haven't done a challenge in forever, but I need to get back in the weight loss game and this will help keep me honest. :D

Kymish
07-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Yay another challenge, exactly what i was looking for! I'm in, and since my wedding in oct 4, this will defiently keep me of track!!.

vdh2102
07-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Well, today was my first day back OP after a wild and crazy 4 day Independence day weekend. I feel like I literally just ate bread, pizza, margaritas, and ice cream for four days straight... can someone say BLOAT? I'm now doing damage control-- did a juice cleanse for half of the day today in hopes of getting rid of some of the junk induced water weight, which i think is helping flush everything out. Hopefully most of the 4 extra pounds the scale showed me this AM are due to water...! It would be amazing to hit 146 at my next weigh in.

Congratulations to all those who have decided to join-- you won't be disappointed! The last challenge was actually pretty fun and really helped me stay on track. It's a great way to lose!

Also, congratulations to Jessicado! I just flipped through your before and after photos and you look amazing! You really have undergone a huge transformation, and you should be super proud of yourself.

Thanks for setting up this challenge, Amandie, and I'm really looking forward to going on this next journey with all of you. We can do it!!

stimkovs
07-08-2013, 11:23 PM
you know what i learned yesterday?

overeating does not have to turn into a binge.

I mean okay, so I've had a little bit of a 2-3 week bender. I'm 25, I've been holed up all winter, I'm having a good time. Too many beers and all.

So , last night was the last day of a music festival, and I mean, I've been eating some crap. Then, had McDs for dinner with one of my girlfriends.

She left, and I went directly to the convenience store and bought a chocolate bar and a giant bag of cheetos with the complete intention of binging.

My definition of binging is pretty much eating mindlessly, quickly, in a frenzy, and not enjoying.

Did I eat the chocolate bar? Yes. Did I eat most of the cheetos? Yes. But it wasn't in a binge-like-fashion. It was through pure, sheer "I AM TIRED, HUNGOVER AND DAMN ENJOYING THIS". Like a delicious guilty treat.

Did I gain? Probably. Was it a binge? NO. Is that okay? Sure- I wanted some d*mn cheetos.

Aside from that, today has been awesome! And I got to practice.

Can't wait to weigh in, and hopefully apply my newfound knowledge in the future!

sarah51901
07-09-2013, 01:24 AM
Definitely up for something to motivate me.. New to the site but I am very exited about this :D

Leaves
07-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Graduation today, and a low of 134(.5 :p)!! How exciting. Now just not to overdo it at the free buffet afterwards! hehe.

stimkovs
07-09-2013, 07:43 AM
leaves thats awesome!!!!! congrats!

tatiana13
07-09-2013, 10:32 AM
I am in! Last time I did a holiday challenge it really helped me a lot. So I am so ready for this! Been eating bad this past weekend.
Let me introduce myself. My name is Tatiana, you can call me Tati, I am 29 years old and have a handsome 2 years old boy. I am still carrying all the baby weight after 2 years so I am so ready to get this started!

SuperHeroTeacher
07-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Graduation today, and a low of 134(.5 :p)!! How exciting. Now just not to overdo it at the free buffet afterwards! hehe.

Congratulations Leaves!!!

SunnyMathChick
07-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Congratulations, Leaves!

Hi Tati!

So here I am... I'm a daily weigher and today's weigh-in was higher than my starting weight. I am feeling snacky and discouraged. BUT today was a POP day, despite not getting more than two hours of continuous sleep last night. I'm COMMITTED, even when I'm not feeling it!

Normal weight by Halloween, normal weight by Halloween... let me chant it to myself again and again!

amandie
07-10-2013, 01:35 AM
Good luck, anm17! Enjoy your vacation!

Congrats, Leaves!! How exciting!

Jessicado- Just wanted to say, WOW. You are looking fantastic!!!!

Sarah(51901)- Welcome!!! Glad you joined us!! Good luck with this challenge!

Welcome to the challenge, Kymishand Tati!

MamaWhitty- Don't stress out about vacay! Just be mindful and active whenever possible! I'd be so active so I can burn off all the delicious food and drinks! ;) Welcome!!!

Seizetheday- Hello again!

Christine- You got this!!!! I'm chanting it for you- normal weight by Halloween!

Stimkovs- That is great! That took a long time for me to learn and sometimes I even forget that.

Vdh2102- Glad you joined this challenge with us again! Definitely hoping most of your "gain" is just water!

PinkHurricane- I'm totally pumped about this challenge and first weight in too even if I'm not losing right now due to Insanity and TOM! :dizzy:

I hope I didn't miss anyone else! If I did, my apologies!

Still up in weight due to TOM and my workouts, bah! I am still staying with it- I just love crossing off each day after I complete the workouts, LOL. Tomorrow will be Plyometric Cardio Circuit. :D Excited!

Leaves
07-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Thanks everybody! :)

I really want to get my butt in gear and start shifting some major pounds now. Not long left until my holiday! Really going to try and ramp things up this week, glad I have this challenge to keep me accountable!

Vortex_VVV
07-10-2013, 07:06 PM
No change from starting for me, but I'm not expecting any change for a week or two. Staying OP and liking the idea of a milestone weight by Halloween.

Hope everyone else is off to a great start... it'll take me a while to get to know you well enough to do personals. :shrug: :wave:

amandie
07-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Oh Vortex- No worries on personals! It isn't for everyone. Some days, I'm able to do it, some days, I'm not. Definitely no judgments from me (and hopefully from anyone else either!) if you do not do personals and that goes for everyone else who aren't into doing personals. :) I had already mentioned in another thread you responded to (re: daily weighing) but I just love your new avi especially with the glasses! :)

Today, I was still up in weight, boo!!! Still doing Insanity and being OP. Today I learned that I cannot have pumpkin oatmeal pancakes an hour and half before doing Insanity, felt like I was gonna barf and my stomach hurt a bit so I waited about another hour and half before I could do the workout. Definitely sticking with light stuff like eggs, piece of toast or nothing depending on the time.

Tomorrow is WI day! Y'all ready?! :) I'm hoping for a whoosh from TOM and my new regimen but we"ll see!

sarah51901
07-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Not looking forward to tomorrows WI.. did good all day. Got up went top the gym.. Ate great made some water fusion (fruit soaking in a jug of water) and mother nature came ugh.. Gotta work harder to make up for it...

vdh2102
07-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Am I sensing a trend here? It's about to be TOM for me too (I hope..!), and I feel like it's screwing up my weigh-ins again too. I've been OP for the most part this week but my performance last week was so abysmal that I'm not really expecting any change. In fact, I think I've actually gained :(. Trying not to get too down on myself and hoping that the thought of seeing the numbers go down will provide some motivation to stay OP going forward. Good luck everybody!

mccull83
07-10-2013, 09:37 PM
I am expecting TOM within the next few days too, therefore I might skip weighing in next week so that I won't be disappointed and therefore go off plan

Rinney
07-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Woot, a challenge I look forward to joining! I'm just now signing it at the First Week, so 16 more weeks left for me to go here. But I am so excited, I can't wait to see how I will look by Hallow's Eve!

Will make sure to post pics =)

stimkovs
07-11-2013, 07:31 AM
i lost! this is pleasant, as ive had a super duper busy week.

i even had a birthday party last night for my mother, and she had my favourite cake in the world. by favourite, i mean, a russian (my heritage) classic- that you can get from one bakery in the city, and we have it once every couple of years. but it's like, 400-something calories per 100 grams (uses table cream). i had a little teeny tiny slice yesterday, and lost! pretty happy!

now to get through the next week in the web of food would be nice as well- hopefully this weekend will be pretty relaxed so that i can get some workouts in!

zoesmom
07-11-2013, 08:53 AM
I Budged I Budged I Budged! 233!!!! Sixty Pounds Gone...woot!!!!!!

2fat2jump
07-11-2013, 10:53 AM
stimkovs - way to go! and great portion control on the cake!

zoesmom - congratulations on hitting 60lbs gone! You rock!!!

I had a disappointing weigh-in this morning. I lost a whole half a pound. meh It's especially upsetting because I have been working out everyday this week for at least 90 minutes. I'm guessing my problem may have been food choices. Although I stayed within my calories I ate a lot of things I don't normally eat because of the holiday- things like bread, potatoes, and sweets.

Back to low carb, clean eating for me this week!

schxoxo
07-11-2013, 12:04 PM
I weighed in this morning and I'm down 4 pounds. :) I am really hoping to see at least a small transformation from here until Halloween.

SunnyMathChick
07-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Woohoo! I weighed in, and I am 1.5 pounds down for this challenge. I'm actually only back to a weight I was at a couple of weeks ago, but... I'll take it!

My motto today and every day: Progress, not perfection.

jessicado22
07-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Sorry everyone.. exhausting morning so too tired for personals for everyone. But congrats on all the losses!

2fat2jump -- I was with you last week. Worked out everyday and still didn't lose a pound all week. I was eating OP, but really carby choices.

This week making better calorie choices and down 4 pounds to 192!!! Holy crap, I am almost in the 180s...which I have not seen in over a decade. Maybe longer. Crazy! YAY!

Arrwillia
07-11-2013, 01:55 PM
188 to 186, down 2 :)

2fat2jump
07-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Sorry everyone.. exhausting morning so too tired for personals for everyone. But congrats on all the losses!

2fat2jump -- I was with you last week. Worked out everyday and still didn't lose a pound all week. I was eating OP, but really carby choices.

This week making better calorie choices and down 4 pounds to 192!!! Holy crap, I am almost in the 180s...which I have not seen in over a decade. Maybe longer. Crazy! YAY!

Jessica, 4lbs is an amazing loss! You are breezing through the 190s. I'm excited for you to get to the 180s too. :) haha

I'll be visiting my parents next week and their house is full of junk food. I decided I'm going to head to Costco on my drive up to Pennsylvania and bring the produce with me. My mom told me she was going to stock the house with "healthy" food, but her idea of healthy food is 100 calorie cookie packs. ;) Only whole foods for me this week!

amandie
07-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Congrats to those who lost!!!!!! Whoo-hoo!!! I saw 164.8 this am so am slowly losing the TOM weight! Keep up the great work, everyone!

Just a friendly reminder- Please do not edit any of the columns on the right (starting from blue to red) and wait for me to update the last 2 columns on the right due to the formulas and whatnot UNLESS you know how to do it with the formula rather than just enter a single number. Thanks for your patience!

Mori M
07-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Not a good start! :( I hurt my back so I wasn't able to do as much exercising as I wanted and gained 1 1/2 lbs.

amandie
07-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Sorry to hear that, Mori! I'd personally focus on healing first before doing any workouts especially when it comes to back issues. Hoping a speedy recovery for you!

Mori M
07-11-2013, 03:18 PM
thanks! :)

vdh2102
07-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Got my monthly curse this morning, so I'm not counting my .5 lb gain just yet! Hopefully next week will be better.

On a happier note, congrats to amandie, zoesmom, jessicado, and all the rest of you who lost this week! You're getting off to a great start!!

JoJoP
07-11-2013, 06:03 PM
I'd LOVE to be 120 by Halloween *_* If that's even possible for me to achieve .___.; We'll see!

veggiedawg
07-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Geez, I'm so glad I am not the only one not starting this challenge with a bang! LOL :sssh:

I've started my vitamin D3 again--hoping that will get me out of this rut.

I also have a wedding to go to in a months time so I REALLY want that scale to be nice to me!!!

Good luck this week ladies! :) :coach:

Mama Whitty
07-11-2013, 06:57 PM
I am still 146, so no weight loss for me this week. I just know next week will be better. Hang in there ladies.

Jez
07-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Yay! to all who were down. I am a sunday weigher so I put my weight into the spreadsheet on the Sunday before the Thursday date. I hope that's all right.

amandie
07-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Definitely ok, Jez! :)

We will definitely do better next week!

koconut23
07-12-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm in - and excited! I need all the accountability I can get, and seeing everyone's progress is so motivating! Summer's tough - all the going out, birthdays, trips....but seeing my numbers on a spreadsheet will help me face the truth.

CherryChan
07-12-2013, 11:36 AM
I am in!!! Hope i wasnt too late....

CherryChan
07-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Hope i will reach my goal weight by Halloween... 127 lbs... :dust:

amandie
07-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Welcome, Koconut! Tell me about it! Summer is totally tough! :)

Not late at all, CherryChan. Welcome! 50lbs is quite a hefty goal to achieve in 3 short months. I think the first 30lbs is totally achievable and I think you'll reach goal around NYE but I could be wrong as all bodies are so different! GL! :)

Anyone is welcome to join at any time! (that goes for you too, lurkers! :))

amandie
07-12-2013, 12:56 PM
I cannot get over on how many people joined this challenge! So excited and happy to have you all with us!

I'm still OP with food and Insanity although my right knee is kinda bugging me so I am taking it easy with the jumping and things that puts a lot of stress on the right knee. Kinda nervous about tomorrow since schedule says to do 2 workouts, (Pure Cardio and Cardio ABS) eek!

amandie
07-12-2013, 01:01 PM
I'd LOVE to be 120 by Halloween *_* If that's even possible for me to achieve .___.; We'll see!

Welcome! Good luck on reaching your goal by the end of the challenge!

Cheyenneb4u
07-12-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm IN.. I'm IN... I'm also new here.. I've gained 5 lbs since summer vacation started!!! GAG! How quickly I gain. I'm 185... and By Halloween I'd like to be AT LEAST 165. That is SO achievable as long as I keep with it! So what is normal here?? DO we post our weights weekly??? drop in anytime to discuss struggles or things???

SuperHeroTeacher
07-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Woo-hoo! Down 3.5 pounds the first week! Loving life today :D

amandie
07-12-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm IN.. I'm IN... I'm also new here.. I've gained 5 lbs since summer vacation started!!! GAG! How quickly I gain. I'm 185... and By Halloween I'd like to be AT LEAST 165. That is SO achievable as long as I keep with it! So what is normal here?? DO we post our weights weekly??? drop in anytime to discuss struggles or things???

Hey, Cheyenne! Welcome to the challenge! First off, go ahead and post your SW and GW on the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai529T1jrukfdFotbk9iRF9pTTdZUW1uM3VnUVNaS 3c#gid=4) (when you post your weigh-in for the week, the yellow column will not update automatically so I will have to go in and update it manually so bear with me as I update it often as I can! :))

Since 4th of July was on a Thursday, I've decided to keep Thursdays as "Weigh-In" days but you can totally use any weight you see anytime during that week if Thursdays are not your "official" weigh-in days. You can post anything you want anytime whether it be daily, couple times a week or just once a week about anything you want (struggles, NSV (non-scale victories), and/or chat with us!

WTG on those 3.5lbs, SuperHeroTeacher! That is awesome!

SuperHeroTeacher
07-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Thanks amandie! I know you said official weigh ins are Thursday for this thread - I hope it's okay I'm posting on Friday. My official Medifast weigh ins are on Friday or Saturday morning. I'm totally not concerned about my columns being updated - if it doesn't happen until the following Thursday I'm totally fine with that.

Thanks again for putting this challenge together - I LOVE IT!!!

amandie
07-12-2013, 03:35 PM
It is absolutely OK, Darcey! :) Enjoy your weekend! So happy for you on your 3lbs, getting closer and closer to One-derland!

SunnyMathChick
07-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Today I ate at a pizza buffet and didn't go nuts! Believe me, that is a huge NSV!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

amandie
07-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Whoo-hoo on your NSV, Christine! I'd have gone nuts and made it a free-for-all! I totally cannot deal with a pizza buffet right now. :) Have a great weekend too!

Cheyenneb4u
07-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Okay!! Looks good. I added myself to the spreadsheet... But now it's not nearly as cute when it was perfectly alphabetical :) Where will I find the spreadsheet for later updates?

suzukigurl
07-12-2013, 07:30 PM
I added my name the other day, I'm thinking a fun Halloween costume is in order after this challenge!

amandie
07-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Okay!! Looks good. I added myself to the spreadsheet... But now it's not nearly as cute when it was perfectly alphabetical :) Where will I find the spreadsheet for later updates?

I usually bookmark it on my browser for future use or you could always go back to the first page of this thread and click on the link.

Suzukigurl- Great job on your WI! I am thinking the same thing- I still don't know what I want to be yet!

curvynotlumpy
07-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Hi Amandie! Thanks for starting this thread. I'm also part of the Memorial Day to Labor Day Challenge. Any problem being part of both? I like the accountability and support to keep going if I don't meet my Labor Day goal ;)

amandie
07-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Not a problem at all, Curvynotlumpy! I am part of both as well. :) Happy to have you here with us. Ooh, I see that you're less than 20lbs from goal, how exciting!

CherryChan
07-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Welcome, Koconut! Tell me about it! Summer is totally tough! :)

Not late at all, CherryChan. Welcome! 50lbs is quite a hefty goal to achieve in 3 short months. I think the first 30lbs is totally achievable and I think you'll reach goal around NYE but I could be wrong as all bodies are so different! GL! :)

Anyone is welcome to join at any time! (that goes for you too, lurkers! :))

Thank you!!! :)

Lets see how I do, if I can lose 30lbs by then, I would be thrilled already too... Will not starve myself... and I have to start exercising... (i am sooooo lazy, GOSH!!! :cry: )

Leaves
07-13-2013, 06:44 AM
Oh gosh, I heard pizza buffet in here. yum :3

Welcome to all the new people, good luck with your goals!

CherryChan
07-13-2013, 06:48 AM
oh no... please no buffet discussion. i am sooo tempted to binge right now...

stimkovs
07-13-2013, 09:18 AM
still here. 1 baby binge, and a what mustve been a 800+ dessert "treat" (ill not use the descriptors to avoid others drooling) , i am STILL 184.8. also, a girl at the studio told me that i am looking "slimmer" WOOHOOO.

Double also- another testament to lbs/muscle debate. so last summer i was 168, went buck wild and bought about 3000 dollars worth of clothing. saw the 168 for a solid 3 minutes, and then promptly gained 20 lbs. having done that, i haven't tried on any of these summer clothes, just to avoid the sheer pain.

well guess what?
THEY FIT.
THEY FIT THEY FIT THEY FIT.

This just makes me curious what my bf percentage was last summer as to this summer.

koconut23
07-13-2013, 09:27 AM
NSV: Last night, I went clubbing with a girlfriend and didn't drink ANYTHING with calories!!! Danced the night away sipping on club soda, and had 1/2 cup of orzo pasta salad when I got home. Usually, my nights out completely derail my plan, but I think I handled last night just fine!!

I am not drinking while I am on this challenge. Last night was the first test...

Mama Whitty
07-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Koconut23, that a huge NSV. When I use to go out to a club, I always drank alcohol, but I think I was dancing so much I never gained the weight. I am also giving up alcohol for awhile. Just bad calories I don't need right now.

So I have weighed the same for 2 weeks now. Yesterday I stayed way way under my calorie goal at around 950 calories. I was starving by midnight, but didn't eat anything. I have been under my calorie goal all week & continue to exercise almost daily. I read the article about water weight, but I am still frustrated. I just can't seem to kick this 146 mark. I have only been dieting for 3 weeks , but I was hoping for a little more progress than this. Trying to hang in there.

amandie
07-13-2013, 11:47 AM
CherryChan- I try to focus on my diet more than exercising. Exercise for fitness, not weight loss although it can help speed up the process along some more. 80% of weight loss is based on diet and 20% is from fitness (or so I've read.) So I wouldn't worry too much about exercising. Just start small with what you can!

That is awesome, Stimkovs!!! How exciting!

Awesome NSV, Koconut! I am cutting wayyyy back since I started Insanity. I don't want to do all that work just to cancel it out with alcohol, ya know? lol.

MamaWhitty- You're very close to a normal "BMI" so losses will be a lot slower. You said you've been dieting for 3 weeks, is that starting from 150? 4lbs in 3 weeks is great- averages out to more than 1lb a week! Also you may be due for a whoosh if you haven't seen any changes in the last 2 weeks. Do hang in there!!! :)

Mama Whitty
07-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Yes, I started out at 150. I just am following everything so closely I expected to be losing 2 pounds a week. My workouts are even more intense than ever. I just want to see it drop a pound. I am now on my fourth week. (Midway)

Turtle11
07-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Hey everyone!! Can I join a little late into the challenge? I feel like these definately keep me accountable :) I've been doing WW (just online) for the past 6 weeks and have really liked my progress.

I keep my daily weights on a spreadsheet, so the weigh in days for this challenge are:
SW (July 4) 177
July 11 weight : 175
GW (Oct 31) 154 down 23 lbs (normal BMI)

Vortex_VVV
07-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Yup, Turtle, come on in. If you go back to the very first post, you'll see a link to put yourself on the list and record your WI data.

Katydid77
07-13-2013, 09:00 PM
This has been a rough week.

I'm doing fine personally, but the diet is really lagging. I've had two days of binging, and I'm not the type that usually does that.

I think it's the effect of some personal stress going away (met the Dad of my b/f and it was a huge family deal) and just the relaxed/I'm tired of going by rules feeling.

I have to get it together. I went it and reluctantly put in my weight on 7/11. 147. :(

That is bloat, I know I haven't really gained weight, but it's still very annoying.

Anyway, thank God this is not just a monthly challenge :)

I'm in the game though and wanted to check in

CherryChan
07-13-2013, 09:13 PM
CherryChan- I try to focus on my diet more than exercising. Exercise for fitness, not weight loss although it can help speed up the process along some more. 80% of weight loss is based on diet and 20% is from fitness (or so I've read.) So I wouldn't worry too much about exercising. Just start small with what you can!

haha... thank you for that. now i have 'excuse' to be lazy... :D
nah, i am just kidding... i need to move a lil...

koconut23
07-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Mama Whitty, hang in there! Sometimes our bodies don't recognize the deficit for a while (unlike our stomachs) and at your lower weight it could take a longer period of deficit to notice anything.

Blah yesterday I totally ate too much. Went to get dim sum, hit my calorie cap by 3pm, and ate more for dinner with DH at this fantastic gastropub. Today I'm going to try to do a 24 hr juice fast to give my system a rest. I was afraid to weigh myself this morning :(

Jez
07-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Oh gosh, I heard pizza buffet in here. yum DITTO.

oh no... please no buffet discussion. i am sooo tempted to binge right now... DONT DO EET.

THEY FIT.
THEY FIT THEY FIT THEY FIT. HOLLERRRR!
-------

I was kind of whiny when I didn't lose much this week, but then I realized I'm being dumb, because I'm down 9 in two weeks, and it's okay.

CherryChan
07-14-2013, 10:41 PM
i've been bad over the weekend, carb-overloaded and gained 1 pound in a day... *depressed mode activated* :(

stimkovs
07-14-2013, 11:23 PM
koconut23 that is freaking fantastic! honestly, please teach me your ways. i find that if i have one im likely to have 3, and then it's a downward spiral. see last night. when i was losing a lot- i had this self restraint, now, not so much. it's hard when you really want to have a good time/ your friends are pouring you drinks lol

- as for the overating comment- i also did the exact same thing. good times right? how was the juice fast?

Mama Whitty seems like your body might just be lagging behind in the weight dropping. you totally have a whoosh coming!

Katydid77 hang in there! life likes to throw little curveballs...

Jez you're hilarious. did somebody get into the caffeine a weeee bit? i actually cackled out loud...

----
i ate a truck load last night. and drank enough to kill a medium sided village. maybe the whole population of ohio. JUST JOKING. maybe.

anyways, ya, today was really, uninterested in food day. although i did have samosas and walk around the toronto islands!

i have a pretty major "outing" week coming up, so i am hoping to get as many workouts in as possible, and to eat as clean as possible when left to my own devices. i am also planning a pretty large party on saturday- including people coming in from out of town so, hopefully the stress stays low, and somebody padlocks the fridge/cupboards. actually, i live alone. i should probably just do that. except i just bought 60 bucks worth of groceries today....

the funny thing is, i rarely binge on junk food- i binge on healthy foods. which i have in the fridge...

anyways. fingers crossed that clothes still fit when this is over and HOPEFULLY i will see a loss thursday.

acon
07-15-2013, 09:15 AM
I don't usually post on here but REALLY need some motivation! This is the hardest time of year for me between August through the end of the year since I love the holiday seasons. Thanks for starting the challenge!

vdh2102
07-15-2013, 12:13 PM
MamaWhitty: I know it can be so frustrating when you are following all the rules and it doesn't seem to be working, but it sounds like you're just on a plateau and will be due for a whoosh in the near future if you can just motivate yourself to keep it up. Are you stressed? Have you been sleeping enough? I've noticed that those things can sometimes slow me down even if i'm sticking to my diet plan. I knew someone who was doing a really good job for a month or so and didn't know why it wasn't working, and then she had a little vacation from the stress of work and was able to get adequate sleep and dropped a bunch all at once. Make sure that you have those bases covered!!

Koconut: Congratulations about making it through a whole night out without alcohol! If you're anything like me, that's a serious accomplishment! Let us know how the juice cleanse goes-- I did that last week after the fouth of july weekend and it really helped me flush out all the water weight quickly. I only did it for one day but I did notice that I felt very energized by the end of the day, probably from staying so hydrated.

CherryChan: Don't worry, we all have weekends where we break bad and carboload-- it's a natural part of the diet cycle! The only thing that will matter in the end is not how many carbs you ate, but that you dusted yourself off and climbed right back on the wagon. None of us can be perfect all the time, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Stimkovs: I used to live alone too, before my boyfriend moved in with me, and I had a really hard time with grocery shopping and dieting. One thing I started doing was only keeping bare essentials around that required me to cook them in order for them to be edible (i.e. eggs), plus maybe some fruit or something. That way I had to go through the extra step of cooking it before I could eat it, and that made me really consider whether I was actually hungry. For snacks and everything else, I wouldn't keep it in my apartment so that if I wanted something like that, I would have to walk to the grocery store (i live in NYC) and go get it each time. Let me tell you, that really helped me cut back! It gives you extra time to think about whether you really want something instead of the instant gratification of being able to put the food in your mouth and be done with it. Plus it had the added bonus of saving me money, because i realized that when I lived alone and did big grocery trips, I often didn't have time to finish allt he perishable things I'd purchased anyway, so they would go bad and be wasted. Just some advice from a fellow solitary dwelling dieter!

Good luck this week everybody! I've been on a serious plateau but am desperately hoping for a woosh this week. I've had a hard time staying totally OP but I'm determined to at least lose something by Thurs! Wish me luck...

jessicado22
07-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Hiya all -- running out the door, so not enough time for personals, sorry! Gonna be gone till Friday camping, so I just put my weight in early at 190. I actually saw the scale flicker in the 180s today!!! Woohoo!

Originally when I planned to go on this trip, I was going to allow myself to eat anything I wanted. A cheat week. I love camping and munching on crap. And hot chocolate and smores. But I've been thinking about it and how cool would it be to come back and be smaller than when I left? Would those doritos taste great? Sure. But in the long run, what would be even better would be coming home and having the scale officially in the 180s instead of the 190s.

So...on that note, I am going to try and behave. If we can fit it, we are bringing the jogging stroller, and I am going to commit to running each morning with the baby. I even tried making healthy hot cocoa last night with stevia (it was erm....interesting). I am going to have some smores, and some snacks because I have been looking forward to this trip all freaking year. But I am going to make a real effort to stay healthy for the most part and make better choices.

So hope everyone else has a wonderful week and great weigh ins on Thursday! See you next week :)

Astrix83
07-15-2013, 01:03 PM
I added my name down on the list, hope that's okay! I haven't been on here a lot lately, but I love challenges like this. Spreadsheet junkie!

Anyway, I am currently enrolled in a fitness program at my local gym where they weigh us once a week, so I put in my weights for the past couple weeks and will update again after my weigh-in tonight.

Thanks for setting up this challenge!

SunnyMathChick
07-15-2013, 03:33 PM
I have had some super awesome experiences in the last few days! Unfortunately, they involved a lot of bountiful eating.

I also felt sort of discouraged this weekend. I went to a wedding feeling super hot, but the pics didn't reflect my vision of myself. So... Definitely need to keep working!

Missys Mom
07-15-2013, 07:19 PM
One week off carbs and just weighed in at WW....Im now 266.7, down from my original 275.

curvynotlumpy
07-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Okay, Amandie, I'm officially in!

@Missys Mom, WOW, just wow! That's a great scale drop. Congrats!:carrot:

shannonde94
07-15-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm in! Again! Didn't do quite as well with the 4th of July challenge as I'd hoped. I just got sidetracked quite often. But I am back on the bandwagon and shooting for the stars!! I want to be under 200 by Halloween! Starting at 217.5.... Good luck to everyone... Here we go!!

CherryChan
07-15-2013, 10:27 PM
depressed... gained 2.2lbs in 2 days... SIGH SIGH SIGH!!! :(

amandie
07-16-2013, 04:59 AM
Welcome, Turtle! Definitely not too late! :) GL!

Katy- Hang in there! You got this!

Jez- 9lbs in 2 weeks? Nice!!! :high:

Aw, Cherry! :hug: It happens to the best of us (including me!) If weighing daily has got you down, maybe you should stick with weighing once a week for now? Just an idea. Just keep doing what you're supposed to do and it will go down! Maybe plan for indulgences that are OP so you don't feel restricted if that's possible? If you happen to eat anything that's really salty, I hear a bit of extra water helps (to flush out the sodium or something like that, lol.)

Welcome back, Shannon! One-derland by Halloween- awesome! :D

Welcome to the challenge, Astrix! I love spreadsheets too!

Jessica- I know you may not see this until you get back but have fun camping!!! :crossed: on hitting the 180s by the time you get back! That'd be awesome! :)

Missy's Mom- Wow! Very nice loss for the week! WTG!

Vdh2102- :crossed: on getting over your plateau!

Christine- Don't get too down on yourself! If you felt hot then you are HOT! Pics do not always capture our best (they almost never do for me, lol.) As for the bountiful eating, no worries. It's only the 2nd week, you got this.

Acon- Welcome, welcome! Glad to have you with us! :)

Stimkovs- Sounds like you got a great plan of attack for your outing and upcoming party. Good luck- you can do it! :crossed: on clothes still fitting and seeing a loss come Thursday!

I'm up right now- drank and ate more than I'd have liked on Saturday at the town picnic. I am being good for rest of the week so I can (hopefully) see a loss on Thursday. :crossed: I am ditching Insanity- my right knee is hurting way too much (crapppp! :() Hopefully after a week of leg rest, I'll be able to do either 30 Day Shred or just the elliptical. For now, I'm just gonna do a weight/strength training routine with my arms every other day. A bit bummed out about my knee right now but it'll be ok.

seize the day
07-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Today I weighed in at 0.6 down from last week. I'm holding off on recording it until Thursday (hopefully I can get down a little bit more).

It's really hot and muggy here and it makes it hard to want to work out, but I'm also doing the 100 days of working out challenge... so hopefully I can keep it together!

koconut23
07-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Juice fast definitely did NOT work!! By 3 pm, I was feeling lightheaded and weak, and ended up eating everything sight :(. But I was good yesterday, probably from feeling so gross from my binge. I lost ~1/2 lbs from Sunday - at 127.4 this morning! Woohooooo!! I have a suspicious feeling it's because I'm so dehydrated (it's so hot here in Chicago right now), but I"ll take what I can get.

Tonight, I'm making dinner for some friends out the Jerusalem cookbook - ultra excited to try out the amazing recipes, but kinda worried I'll like them TOO much and eat too much at dinner. I'm making roasted sweet potatoes with figs, herb saffron rice with pistachio, butternut squash and tahini spread, lamb & pine nut-stuffed eggplants, and homemade french bread (my ultimate weakness.....). I think I'll actually eat something healthy (lean protein) before the dinner party starts so I don't feel as hungry.

CherryChan
07-16-2013, 10:47 PM
thanks Guys... just the motivation I needed to keep going...
and I kinda gained another half a pound this morning... -_-"
but I'll keep going... :)

Warrior
07-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Weighed myself this morning with 0.4 pounds gone, not a big loss but I did lose 2.2 pounds last week which for me is a big loss. :) I won't put it on the spreadsheet until tomorrow though - for the same reason as seize the day, maybe i'll get on the scale tomorrow with another 0.1 pound gone. ;)

But overall i'm happy with my loss this week considering I thought I did pretty bad this week - because I only exercised 5 days instead of 6, but that was just me over thinking.

Now i'm just hoping my scale was being truthful to me and I don't get back on the scale tomorrow with it gained back.

suzukigurl
07-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Hi everyone, I have been doing a lot of reading of everyone's post but have not posted to much here myself. I wanted to tell everyone here how much you have all kept me motivated and how much all the support everyone here shows to each other helps me remember I am not on my journey to a healthy ME alone! In any event I wanted to share that as of this morning I have officially lost 30lbs, and have passed my first mini goal!!!! Thank you everyone for all the positivity you all give to each other, I think it's time I join in a little more and offer the love and support back to everyone else here as well!

zoesmom
07-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Can not wait for weigh in tomorrow! I've been dropping like it's hot these past two weeks :D

Kymish
07-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Can not wait for weigh in tomorrow! I've been dropping like it's hot these past two weeks :D

hahaha thats a awesome way to put it !!!

so i unoffically weighed myself today cause i was feeling so good this morning! down 96 lbs since i started august 18! WOOOOOOOOP !!!!! im gonna rock my wedding dress come october!

Arrwillia
07-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Tomorrow's weigh in is probably going to be a bit disappointed. Yesterday I had peanut M&Ms and 2 flat bread pizzas, stayed under 1800 calories but I'm sure the sodium is going to catch up with me. It's getting too hot to run outside so I'm also having to rethink my exercise routines.

Vortex_VVV
07-17-2013, 06:35 PM
No loss to report this week, but I'm still waiting for TOM, so I expect better news for WI next week. I've been eating on plan and have gotten 30 minutes or more of exercise most days, and I keep thinking about that Halloween goal!

littlefatcat
07-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Afraid that I'm afraid to get on the scale tomorrow. Lost 4 pounds first week of challenge. I think I've gained it back this week. Aa aargh! Just went back and read some motivational posts. Going to to better this coming week:carrot:

SuperHeroTeacher
07-17-2013, 07:55 PM

Hahaha! Me too Zoe's mom! I think this is going to be a 4+ drop week :D

stimkovs
07-18-2013, 07:25 AM
My scale couldn't decide between 183.2 and 184.2 i used the 184. 1 lb loss. I guess that's ok...considering that i've had this migraine literally all week. and a fridge full of food.

although- this is going to be another big party week. so, lets hope i drop another lb! haha

acon
07-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Happy for a 2.8 lb loss this week! I've stayed within my calorie goal everyday except yesterday. Thinking about how I could look at Halloween is really helping :)

acon
07-18-2013, 07:59 AM
so i unoffically weighed myself today cause i was feeling so good this morning! down 96 lbs since i started august 18! WOOOOOOOOP !!!!! im gonna rock my wedding dress come october!

Wow, what an awesome loss you've had! I had an October wedding, too...that is definitely great motivation :)

Turtle11
07-18-2013, 08:25 AM
You guys are really inspirational!! Down 1 lb during TOM, so I'll definately take it :)

Thinking about what my costume for Halloween will be ...

zoesmom
07-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Hahaha! Me too Zoe's mom! I think this is going to be a 4+ drop week :D

While not a 4+ it WAS a 4. The best part of plateaus is the "WHOOSH" that follows. :)

vdh2102
07-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Ugh!!! I've been doing everything right this week and trying to be super careful, and I'm not down anything this time >:( soooo frustrating. I feel like I've been at 147 forever now. This is two bad weigh ins in a row... hope next week goes better :(

Congrats to everyone who did lose!

koconut23
07-18-2013, 09:51 AM
I didn't really lose much this week....-0.2 lbs at the most. I took a break from running because the weather's been so miserable, and it's also my TOM. Hopefully next week will be better! Just have to survive DH's birthday weekend celebrations....

suzukigurl
07-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Very happy with my scale this past week, down 8lbs woohoo!!! I don't expect to see that kind of result every week, although I wish is came off that fast. I would have to equate this to maintaining for a few months and really getting back on track within the last week and a half. I know a lot was water weight, but I'll take it!!! It's a good motivator to get over the hump of all the carb cravings I oh so have every night starting around 8pm.
On a little tangent now from my weigh-in and I'm sure this is like a DUH statement but I am pretty much a calorie counter. I keep my cals in a specific range try to eat throughout the day but never really have distinguished between what kind of foods I am eating. 100 calorie packs are often my weakness because I feel like I don't have to give up all the junk food I have eaten most of my life but this past week I ran out of a lot of those type of foods and have been eating more protein rich foods. I have to say I really feel a difference, a lot of the night cravings are gone or very manageable. Like I said DUH lol! So believe me I am no low-carb Atkins convert by any means but I think I will pay a little more attention to what I buy and have available to eat around the house!
Congrats to everyone who had a loss this week and for those who were not as excited about what the scale read poopoo on it next week is your week!!!! :carrot:

2fat2jump
07-18-2013, 10:11 AM
down 96 lbs since i started august 18! WOOOOOOOOP !!!!! im gonna rock my wedding dress come october!

That's so awesome Kymish! Almost 100lbs lost, wow!! You are a ROCKSTAR!

suzukigirl - congrats on hitting your first milestone!!

I love to log in on Thursday and see all the losses. Way to go everyone.

As for me I am down 1.4lbs. Even though it's not a big number I'm especially happy because I've been on vacation and tempted multiple times over a day to go off plan. I have also been fitting in my exercise, which is something I never would have done 4 months ago. 4 more days here until I head home, gotta keep it up.

Mama Whitty
07-18-2013, 12:10 PM
After no change the last week, I am down 2 pounds this week. Yay for me!

Great job to all the ladies and gentlemen that lost this week. For those of you that didn't hang in there it will happen.

littlefatcat
07-18-2013, 12:50 PM
After a not-so-good week, I weighed the same as last week. I'll take that! Glad the scale didn't move in a upward direction! Here's to a new week! I'm off for a long walk now.

KellinaKatrina
07-18-2013, 01:52 PM
I want to be in on this! I'll add my name next Monday. My weigh in was sky rocketed from being bad on vacation and t.o.m. hit as we were coming home, showed I had gained 8 lbs! As of this morning its back to where it should have been.

Now I've gotta start thinking about what I want to be for Halloween that I wouldn't have been in years past. :)

Only Believe
07-18-2013, 02:08 PM
:woohoo:I've lost 9.4 lbs so far in this challenge! I've just got to keep it off and add more to it!:D

seize the day
07-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Juice fast definitely did NOT work!! By 3 pm, I was feeling lightheaded and weak, and ended up eating everything sight :(. But I was good yesterday, probably from feeling so gross from my binge. I lost ~1/2 lbs from Sunday - at 127.4 this morning! Woohooooo!! I have a suspicious feeling it's because I'm so dehydrated (it's so hot here in Chicago right now), but I"ll take what I can get..

I'm in Chicago area too, and I concur. Soooo hot.

Weighed myself this morning with 0.4 pounds gone, not a big loss but I did lose 2.2 pounds last week which for me is a big loss. :) I won't put it on the spreadsheet until tomorrow though - for the same reason as seize the day, maybe i'll get on the scale tomorrow with another 0.1 pound gone. ;)

Congrats on the loss! Unfortunately my loss did not increase, but I will take any loss I can get! At least the scale is moving in the right direction, haha.

Down 0.6 from last week and feeling good. Hopefully next week I can get some bigger numbers!

SunnyMathChick
07-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Back up to my starting weight for this challenge. Le sigh. I guess this is what maintenance looks like?

Slush
07-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Joined in the challenge! I've been eating better since July 1st and have already lost 6 pounds, I'm so happy and excited for this journey, because the time is right and God is on my side!

Arrwillia
07-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Stayed the same as last week. Stayed under my calories but too much junk and sodium. At least I didn't gain.

SuperHeroTeacher
07-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Congrats to all of you who lost or maintained - remember, maintaining is better than gaining! My official MF weigh in is on Friday, but unofficially I'm down 4 pounds as of today!

CherryChan
07-18-2013, 09:17 PM
congratz you guys! you guys ROCKS!!!
I must find back my motivation...

:dust:

stimkovs
07-19-2013, 09:46 AM
losing week. oh ya face first in the fridge. and up a couple of lbs.

the thing is, the binges are getting smaller. Im actually not sure if i would even quantify that one as a binge, as opposed to a simple over eating- which is fine. i mean, less over eating is better- but it happens and that should be okay. I am working really hard on giving myself permission to eat.

doesn't help that i did a big grocery run for the party on sat either....

i'm off work today and it's incredibly got like 40C with humidity, that puts us over 100 for all you Fahrenheit folks right? Anyways, I'm thinking of going for like an easy interval 5k, and a 1 hour "bikram express". which is something i've never tried- it's a new thing the yoga studios have been offering around here.

amandie
07-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Congrats to those who lost/maintained! I was totally up on Thursday and still am, boo! I'm trying to be calm because I know most of it is water weight. Whew. Cannot wait to get back to my elliptical. Knee is feeling a lot better now although I don't wanna push it so Monday, I'll start out slowly on the elliptical for 15 mins & see how I feel the next day. Doing mostly weights/resistance bands with the arms, ball and floor exercises for the core. Better than nothing, right?

Partied a bit too heartily last night but I kept calories in check, I didn't go over 1700. I took it easy food-wise today since I will be having a big steak and potatoes along with a huge side of green beans for dinner. Yum! Identity Theft is also in store - hoping that'll be good! Have a great Friday, all!! Try to stay OP all weekend to the best of your abilities, guys!

PS- Welcome, KellinaKatrina and Slush!

thnknthin1
07-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Been out of town this week...got back yesterday. Afraid to look at the scale, I know I have water weight on me! Went for my walk/run this morning, back in it baby! Will look at the scale when I get the nerve ;)

Katydid77
07-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Weirdest thing. I KNOW I am not smaller, I mean I feel bloated, my weight is up 2 lbs, and my rings are tight, BUT my pants were also falling off me at work today.

Like literally a bit afraid of them. They are the same size I was wearing at 164lbs, so they are always loose anyway, but this was like to the point of ridiculous.

Although I am annoyed and embarrassed with being up in weight. It's not very nice.

OH well, time marches on.

Mori M
07-19-2013, 09:03 PM
eep! Forgot to log in my weight this week. Happily, I lost 2 lbs! Whoop!!

CherryChan
07-19-2013, 11:26 PM
i am kinda slipping... sigh!!!

i need :dust:

amandie
07-19-2013, 11:46 PM
What's wrong, Cherry? Sending you some willpower dust!!! You CAN do it! Resist whatever it is that it is you want ORRRR budget for it in your calories. Don't restrict yourself- I think it makes the craving worse, at least for me it does. Another trick you could try is to tell yourself you can always have it tomorrow but when tomorrow comes, do it again.

Water can help curb the hunger a bit but be careful not to overdo it to the point where you get water intoxication. Warm tea? GL!

amandie
07-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Yay, 2lbs- WTG Mori!

Katy- Weird but hey I'd take it! :) Just keep plugging away at it! Could be just your extremities that are bloated- hands and feet? It has happened to me only once or twice.

Thnknthin1- It can't be too bad! :crossed: for you to get back to your pre-outta-town weight ASAP! My dad found a treadmill from one of his storage auctions (for his thrift store) and is letting me and SIL have it to use! I'm gonna start using it on Monday for walking. Excited!

SuperHeroTeacher
07-20-2013, 02:16 AM
I'm down 1.8 this week. I thought it would be much more, but the heat today has me retaining water - I feel bloaty all over!

Kymish
07-20-2013, 02:58 AM
well i WAS down 6 lbs so far BUT tom came and tomorrow is girls night out with jello shots and food and lots of other alcohol beverages so ima assume i will not be down next week lol takes me sometimes days to lose the weight after a girls night out! but a kids free/ husband free night out with the besties is always worth it !

vdh2102
07-20-2013, 09:24 AM
I'm starting to get extremely frustrated! I've done everything by the book for the past two weeks (feels like an eternity) and the scale hasn't budged one single bit! I'm trying to just keep going but it's really difficult to stay motivated when you're doing everything right and it still doesn't work :(

jessicado22
07-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Hiya ladies -- back from camping. It was fun....sort of, lol. The baby has apparently decided she no longer wants to sleep at night, so I was up every few hours with her and then permanently up by 6 every morning.

Normally when I camp, I use that as an excuse to stuff my face all day. Neverending bags of chips, cheetos, candy, etc. And then tons of hot chocolate and smores at night. The hubby likes to camp big (griddle on the stove,etc) -- so normally breakfasts are pancakes, french toast, etc.

Well, I decided not to splurge this trip. EVERY day I ran around the campground. Uphills. I forced myself to go when I thought I couldn't. I didn't eat one chip or cheeto. I only allowed myself candy one day (a couple servings of gobstoppers...about 250 calories). When everyone else had hamburgers, I had gardenburgers using 1/2 a crappy whole wheat tortilla for a bun. I only had hot chocolate one night, and I skipped the whip cream and made it not very chocolatey. Instead of pancakes and french toast, I brought zucchini yogurt pancakes and flavored them with blueberries and banana with agave instead of syrup. For dinner I ate grilled vegetables. And I did eat smores, but I limited myself to one or two marshmallows a night.

I felt so proud of myself. Even after we came home and we were both exhausted, I ate salad for dinner instead of caving in when the hubby suggested pizza. I was SOOOOOO sure when I weighed myself today that the scale would be in the 180s. But nope. Still at 190. Freaking A. Resisting all those temptations and forcing myself to run everyday (Even when we got home I still ran after unpacking) and the scale didn't even budge. I am a little cranky right now, lol.

I envisioned that moment of stepping on the scale and seeing 180 something the entire trip. Everytime I watched the family eating delicious crappy food and I resisted, I envisioned that scale moving down. And it didn't...so now I am going to go and drown my sorrows in shopping. So there

I know it will go down but just peeved right now. But I'm moving on!

I'm too exhausted to go and catch up on personals right now...I will try later. But I did see your post vdh2102 and I'm sorry.... :( That sucks....you have to at least be gaining muscle or something!

RoxieK
07-21-2013, 02:40 AM
Hi Everyone,

I hope it's ok that I'm jumping in on this a little late.

AlligatorSky
07-21-2013, 05:48 AM
Let's do this!
I'm a bit late, but I'm ready. :D
Good luck, everyone!

Vortex_VVV
07-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Hang in there, Jessica... your hard work will pay off.

Welcome newcomers!

Still no loss for me, but I'm cranking along trying to do the right thing day by day. Eating has been good but I've missed a few days of exercise. Getting back on the exercise wagon today. I'm still psyched to reach my Halloween goal.

SunnyMathChick
07-21-2013, 10:23 PM
I have done a great job on plan this week... I'm very proud of myself! I'm really hoping to keep it up. We're planning a small vacation this Tuesday-Thursday, so I have to decide exactly how to handle that. I'm considering having one really indulgent meal a day, but making the rest OP. We will be very active those days, trucking the kids through museums and the zoo, so I hope that will offset the indulgences a little. Looking forward to it!

pnkrckpixikat
07-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Hey all, I've been updating the google spreadsheet but not posting in this forum but I decided I should try and jump in the convo. After the initial weigh in my family had a round of birthdays and fair trips so I went up from 249 to 262 and am now down to 253.8 since being back on track for a week. I'm hoping the steady quick loss keeps on going but I'm sure It will stop anyday now and it'll be back to the 1-2lbs a week norm for me. I tend to hit a plateau in the low 240's high 230's and again in the low 220's but i'm hoping my body takes pity on me this go round. I was at 202 last october and really want to get back there!

my goal for Halloween (Me and DH's 1st anniversary yay!) is 220, secret never gonna happen goal is Onderland but I don't really see that happening lol Id have to average like 4lbs a week

amandie
07-22-2013, 02:30 AM
Darcey- WTG on the 1.8! Almost outta the 210s!

Kymish- Agreed! I had one of those last night! Hope you had a blast! I wouldn't step on the scale until your official WI day and drink a bit of extra water to flush it out. Just suggestions! :)

Vdh and Jessicado- Hang in there, guys! It will come off. Just keep doing what you're doing!

RoxieK and AlligatorSky- Welcome to the challenge! Glad to have you guys with us! GL with your goals!

Vortex- I'm getting back on the exercise wagon again tomorrow! :)

SunnyMathChick- Your plan for the small vacation sounds great! Good job on staying OP! Keep it up!

pnkrckpixikat- Hi! Love that your anniversary is on Halloween. :crossed: on the continued quick losses for you so you can get closer to goal! ;)

I cut back a little bit on the food today since I drank a lot last night. Looking forward to doing 30 minutes on the treadmill tomorrow! I've been anxious to get back to working out! Excited!

EatMoreCelery
07-22-2013, 06:14 AM
Oooh, I want to join! :)

CW 246
GW 226

I have a lot going against being able to lose 20 pounds that quickly but I'm going to give it my best try. :)

Thankfully, this is the time of year my hubby is away a lot which is really good for my diet because he's one of those who acts like he's dying if he doesn't get his meat, taters, and fried foods. :p

Let's do this thing!

jessicado22
07-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Welcome newcomers!!! I know these challenges are great for me...I love adding lower numbers to the chart! Keeps me accountable :)

Vortex_VVV -- Good luck on that exercise! Sending the whoosh fairy your way.

SunnyMathChick -- Way to stay OP and have fun on your vacation!

pnkrckpixikat -- Whoosh fairy to you as well and good luck in reaching your goal for your anniversary :)

EatMoreCelery -- I'm the same way with my hubby. When he goes away for a few days, it is so much easier to stick OP! No one eating pizza and candy around me, lol.

Amandie -- funny how you look forward to exercise. I am just hitting that point, ha ha. Some days I look forward, but most days I dread it ha ha

As for me, the scale finally dropped this morning. I am in the 180s!!! 188 to be official. Woohoo! Also last night I ran a full 1/2 hour at 7mph on the treadmill. 3.5 miles in 30 minutes -- that is over a 5K! I've been slowly increasing my speed/time over the past few months -- but still running 7mph used to be my sprint speed I would force myself to endure for 30 seconds. Now I just ran it for the full 1/2 hour! Holy crap :)

pnkrckpixikat
07-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Amandie Its awesome that you actually look forward to exercise, I've never hit that point, it either dread it but do it anyways and feel great afterwards or feel ambivalent then feel great afterwards, I wish my body would forget enough about the uncomfortableness and just remember the feeling great so I COULD look forward to it more lol

eatmorecelery I totally feel you on it being easier with the hubby not around! mine loves to eat out, even if I stay on cals the water fluctuation can be a KILLER

Jessica CONGRATS on the 180s!!!!! I dream of the day I see that on the scale, keep up the good work!

dare 2 dream
07-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi everyone. I'd love to join! Just added my info to the spreadsheet. I'm just starting back with Weight Watchers and would love to be 25 lbs down by Halloween. I finally seem to have my thyroid hormones in check and should be able to see lots of progress!

SW: 211 (weight on July 11)
GW: 185

amandie
07-22-2013, 07:46 PM
:welcome: to the Halloween challenge, EatMoreCelery and dare 2 dream! GL with your Halloween goals!

Jessicado- Yay, 180s!!! Congrats! Also awesome on the 3.5 miles in 30 minutes!

Pnkrckpixikat- It is more of an urgency because I really want to reshape my body (mostly my lower stomach and legs/saddlebags.) I feel like I could look better but I think it's just skin damage from being almost 240. I still dread it sometimes and psych myself out before every workout, lol. :)

tehshort1
07-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Hey All! I am going to be doing this challenge a little backwards. As I am 7 weeks pregnant I cannot obviously LOSE weight at the moment. I found a website (thanks to someone on 3FC) that shows the recommended weight GAIN week by week. According to that chart my goal for healthy weight gain is to gain 7 pounds by Halloween. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the idea of gaining and I want to gain what is recommended and stay healthy (instead of using the pregnancy as an excuse to "eat for two" and eat my way into a 40 pound gain. So here it is:

SW: 150.8
GW: 157

KellinaKatrina
07-22-2013, 10:51 PM
Put my name on the spreadsheet. Hoping to see 170 by Halloween! 16 pounds in 16 weeks! I think that's doable. :)

Leaves
07-23-2013, 06:59 AM
oh no, forgot to weigh in last week as I went away! Entered it in now :) Congrats to all the losses so far! :D

EatMoreCelery
07-23-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, Amandie and all :)

For those of you who said they could relate to it being easier to diet when hubby is away....
Hubby is on his way home, still 8 hours away, and called to ask if there is any food in the house. I said yes there is plenty of food but nothing unhealthy. His reply? I'll stop at the store. :p

forkeeps
07-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Sorry if this question has already been answered. Is the date at the top of the chart (in the columns where we enter the weight) the end of the week or the beginning? In other words, the column marked 7-25 is for the week ending July 25 or starting that day? I only ask because last time I looked I was the only one with a weight in that column (though I haven't looked at it today) and I thought maybe I was entering my weight in the wrong column.

I am totally overthinking this, I know! Things are always much simpler than I make them. :)

emurph
07-23-2013, 12:18 PM
LOL are 3 challenges too many to do at 1 time? I'm weighing in for July, for the Memorial Day to Labor Day challenge, and now I'll do this one!

I would like to be in maintenance mode by Halloween, so hopefully that will happen!

I'm going to aim for 115 + maintenance by Halloween.

pnkrckpixikat
07-23-2013, 12:45 PM
forkeeps I'm not sure it matters so much because most people have different days they count as their official weigh in day. I tend to use fridays as my weigh in day for challenges so mine goes up at the beginning of the week. if you use mondays as your weigh in day you could choose to post on the monday that is previous to the date, or the monday after its all up to you :)

eatmorecelery darn lol at least he goes to the store himself instead of asking you to do it though

tehshort1 awww congrats!!! yeah that whole "i'm eating for two" tends to get blown WAY out of proportion lol

amandie ahhh I see...

amandie
07-23-2013, 01:14 PM
forkeeps I'm not sure it matters so much because most people have different days they count as their official weigh in day. I tend to use fridays as my weigh in day for challenges so mine goes up at the beginning of the week. if you use mondays as your weigh in day you could choose to post on the monday that is previous to the date, or the monday after its all up to you :)

Yup, Forkeeps- what she said! I just make it Thursdays since the last day of the challenge falls on a Thursday but you can use any weight from that week. HTH! :)

Tehshort1- Sounds great! Congrats again!

Welcome, Emurph and nope! I'm in like 4 or 5 challenges! It does get confusing sometimes, LOL.

KellinaKatrina- Awesome! You can do it!!

WTG, Leaves! Doing great! ;)

EatMoreCelery- Agreed with Pixikat- at least he didn't ask you to go for him, LOL. You got this, you can resist!

I saw 163.0 this am! :carrot: Hoping I see the same or lower come Thursday! Have a great day, everyone!

seize the day
07-23-2013, 03:16 PM
LOL are 3 challenges too many to do at 1 time? I'm weighing in for July, for the Memorial Day to Labor Day challenge, and now I'll do this one!

I would like to be in maintenance mode by Halloween, so hopefully that will happen!

I'm going to aim for 115 + maintenance by Halloween.

Haha, I'm in 2 right now, the 100 days of exercise challenge and this one. I'm really disappointed right now because while I've been getting my exercise in, I have been failing with my diet.

I weighed in last night at 3 lbs up from last week. 3. I'm so disappointed. Hoping it's just bloating/water weight and that my weight will fluctuate back down by Thursday weigh in!

forkeeps
07-23-2013, 03:33 PM
pnkrckpixikat and amandie: Thanks for the replies. I weigh on Saturdays so I have been putting it as the Saturday before. I think I will change to give myself a little bit of an edge that last week. Otherwise I will be finished several days before Halloween! So this way I'll be finished two days after Halloween instead. I will adjust it next Saturday when I weigh. Will that screw things up for your calculations amandie?

Andi24
07-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Hello! I saw this posted on another forum, and i'm in need of a challenge right now so I put my info down! I just got back from vacation...I gained 9 pounds, but i'm already down about 5 of that. I just really need to get back on track! I hope to be at goal by Halloween, which is 20-25 pounds. I want to look good in a cute costume for the first time in my life.

jaimie1980
07-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I too need a challenge! So count me in! My start weight from July 11 was prob about 195. I didn't weigh religiously until 16th which was 194. So here we go! (Thanks for posting about this on the 20s board Amandie!)

SW: 190.2 today
Midway (9/13- grandparents 60th anniversary party): 179
GW: 168 (my previous low!)

amandie
07-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Not at all, forkeeps! :)

Hang in there, seizetheday! It's gotta be water weight!

Welcome, Andi and Jaimie!

Oh for you newcomers in case you didn't know- there's a spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai529T1jrukfdFotbk9iRF9pTTdZUW1uM3VnUVNaS 3c#gid=4) to keep track of your weights. Go ahead and put in your stats! Totally optional, though. :)

stimkovs
07-23-2013, 08:35 PM
im still here! considering skipping the weigh in this week though- saturday was my birthday, and i've been at it all month. especially thursday-last night. minor binges (i'd mostly quantify them as over eating) but lots of booze, and not so smart drinking choices.

bright side? i am feeling much better then i was this winter when i was depressed and binging.

not so bright side? i feel swollen. not even bloated, but swollen.

top it all off with very little sleep and another 3 busy weekends lol.

life of a 25 year old in a huge city right?

but anyways- my immediate goal (weight loss obv BUT) - the other immediate goal is to just count /guesstimate calories and track properly. when i track i lose, when i go off the rails, i binge. i over ate last night (this morning at 3 am) then got up for work at 6... you know. anyways, i had a pretty big protein/veggie dinner, and i hope that it will set me back on track with the healthier eating!

only 2 days to recover! haha

SunnyMathChick
07-23-2013, 10:44 PM
I had a great weigh-in this AM... I only hope I can remotely maintain it for my official weigh-in Friday after 3 days of vacation...

Song of Surly
07-24-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm in. I've been in such a mental plateau recently, and I'm trying to get my head around losing again rather than just maintaining.

I'm hoping to have a Halloween party at my house this year. My boyfriend is an environmental health officer and part of his job is restaurant inspections. I ran across a sexy (though gonna need leggings cause it's so short) Chinese take-out costume the other day. I'm tempted to totally geek him out and us go as the Health Inspector and Chinese Take-out. :D Or do Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox... As he has a beard and looks like a lumberjack, but hopefully I won't look like too much of a giant ox by Halloween.

Anyway, my goal is to lose 19 pounds by the Halloween. That's around 1.5 pounds a week, so I may have to adjust my goal some, as I'm usually around a 1 pound a week loser. I'm training for a 5k, however, so I'm hoping that might bump me up a few more ounces. I guess we'll see. :) I've added myself to the challenge.

Davikatl16
07-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Hello All! :)
I have recently gotten somewhat addicted to all of these challenges that you wonderful ladies come up with! Luckily I have been tracking my weight since the beginning of the month and I hope to keep up the practice.
Halloween and the month of October is super busy for me, and involves a lot of costume changes. My club does ghost tours of our university's campus every week leading up to the last Saturday in October. On that day we turn our castle into a haunted house to raise money for the restoration projects. I am aiming for a lost of 15 pounds between now and then, so we shall see how it goes. For the actual Halloween, my boyfriend and I are going as a zombie and it's victim. He is WAAAAAAY into zombie movies, and I thought it would be cute to play that up a bit. :)

pnkrckpixikat
07-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Everyones costume ideas sound so cute! or gory yet awesome! lol I haven't even begun thinking about a costume yet, I'm not even sure what we will be doing, It'll be our 1 yr anniversary so we may take a small trip out of town. I'll have to start thinking up ideas for my costume :)

amandie
07-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Stimkovs-Happy belated Birthday!!! You got this, girl!

Christine/SMC- Fingers are crossed for you that you still see the same weight when you come back from vacation! Have fun!

Song of Surly- Welcome to the challenge! Love your costume ideas! GL with your Halloween goal!

Davikatl16- Hi and welcome!! October sounds uber busy but fun! Loving your Halloween costume ideas! GL with your Halloween goal!

Pixikat- I gotta start thinking about mine too! Last year, I was Medusa.

Saw 162.4 this am. So happy!!!! Slowly getting back to 162 and hopefully hitting the 150s by the end of the month. LOL, we'll see!

seize the day
07-24-2013, 01:58 PM
I had a great weigh-in this AM... I only hope I can remotely maintain it for my official weigh-in Friday after 3 days of vacation...

Congrats! Good luck on your vacation.

I'm hoping to have a Halloween party at my house this year. My boyfriend is an environmental health officer and part of his job is restaurant inspections. I ran across a sexy (though gonna need leggings cause it's so short) Chinese take-out costume the other day. I'm tempted to totally geek him out and us go as the Health Inspector and Chinese Take-out. :D Or do Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox... As he has a beard and looks like a lumberjack, but hopefully I won't look like too much of a giant ox by Halloween.
These are such creative costume ideas!

Hello All! :)
I have recently gotten somewhat addicted to all of these challenges that you wonderful ladies come up with! Luckily I have been tracking my weight since the beginning of the month and I hope to keep up the practice.
Halloween and the month of October is super busy for me, and involves a lot of costume changes. My club does ghost tours of our university's campus every week leading up to the last Saturday in October. On that day we turn our castle into a haunted house to raise money for the restoration projects. I am aiming for a lost of 15 pounds between now and then, so we shall see how it goes. For the actual Halloween, my boyfriend and I are going as a zombie and it's victim. He is WAAAAAAY into zombie movies, and I thought it would be cute to play that up a bit. :)

Ghost tours sound fun. My boyfriend is terrified of zombies... his only big fear. But we still watch the Walking Dead, lol.

Still trying to decide on my costume for this year, and hoping my weight on Thurs is down or at least the same as last week (Yesterday I was 2.2 higher... still.... ugh :( ).

vdh2102
07-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Well, the scale has finally budged a little this week-- I weighed in at 145 this morning, which is down about 2.5 pounds from last week. Just hope it wasn't a fluke and that it stays that way in time for the weigh in tomorrow!

I'm not expecting much for next week's weigh-in.... My 23rd birthday is on Monday and I'm planning to spend a lot of my weekend drinking on my roof deck, and then there's a big bday dinner at one of my favorite restaurants on Monday night, so there's basically very little hope that I will have a loss, LOL. You only turn 23 once, I guess.. I'm getting older too quickly! What freaks me out is that my mom was my age when she was pregnant with me :O. Oh, how different our paths are!!

Hope everybody gets a woosh for the weigh in tomorrow! Good luck, guys.

Vortex_VVV
07-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Still no change for me, here, but I have high hopes for next week. I've been eating on plan since the start of the challenge; exercise has been iffy but I'm getting back to my 30+ daily.

Happy birthday in advance, vdh!

Congrats Amandie (and any losers I missed).

I guess I might have to consider dressing up for Halloween, though I haven't done that in years...

chellesmiles
07-24-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi there! I'm still here I have just been too busy to check in. I had planned to start Atkins but did not. I decided to count nothing and just follow my appetite. On a good note that took off 5 lbs :)

jaimie1980
07-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Hit the 180s today- barely- at 189.8. But supper happy about that! Now setting my sights on those 170s!

SuperHeroTeacher
07-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Hey everyone, I wanted to pop in and say hi before I leave for vacation Friday. I've had a rough week - major water retention after being out in the 100 degree heat all day Sunday, and then the cookie binge Monday night didn't help matters either... So long story short, I'm up to 215.8 from my low of 213.2 a week ago.

I'm back on plan and leaving for vacation on Friday. I probably won't post weights while I'm gone. Internet access is spotty in the mountains.

stimkovs
07-25-2013, 07:21 AM
so i weighed. 188.8. guess if you didn't gain 4 lbs, you really didn't have a good birthday?

honestly, i was back on track yesterday, and went for a run. my spine is still being a little bit weird, but i am hoping to do some yoga today.

i also know that tom is en route, so, really not concerned, but determined!

good luck on your weigh ins ladies!

EatMoreCelery
07-25-2013, 08:04 AM
G'mornin y'all :coffee:
and happy belated birthday to you, stimkovs! :)

2rd week back on plan (1st week on this challenge) and I did not lose even an ounce and I have been very diligent about calories and eating all the right foods too but...nothing! :( :kickcan:

Experience tells me not to be discouraged but dang! :p
Oh well, maybe I'll see a big drop tomorrow morning!

Keep on truckin'!

acon
07-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Happy for a loss this week after I had a super bad eating weekend. I was just extra hungry for some reason. I got back on track during the weekdays. I hope that I can keep it up. I hopefully won't have another bad eating weekend since I'm working! Good luck with your weigh ins this week everyone!

veggiedawg
07-25-2013, 09:55 AM
FINALLY! After over a month of not losing anything...I'm down 3lbs!!! Whoo hoo! Thank you TOM, Vit D3, whole grain bread and a garden producing tons of zucchini...whatever it was that actually made that scale budge! LOL

schxoxo
07-25-2013, 11:20 AM
ACK - no change in my diet yet I am up 2 pounds this week. WTH?

Turtle11
07-25-2013, 12:31 PM
2.4 down this week!!! woooohoooo

pnkrckpixikat
07-25-2013, 03:08 PM
253 for this week, I'm down but still up quite a bit from my original weigh in :( oh well, I'll just keep on plugging and see how it goes :)

shannonde94
07-25-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm stuck! I've been having a tough time staying motivated and sticking to my plans. But I'm going to keep on plodding along & hope I can get myself back in gear! Good luck to everyone!

Arrwillia
07-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Forgot to weigh in yesterday so I added my weight from today. It's that time of the month for me, weight has held steady with a small loss this week. Curious to see what my weight will be next week! I took my measurements today out of curiosity and I'm down an 1" each in my bust/waist/hips.

Personal victory, I ran a mile in under 10 mins last night....9:45!! Now to do 3 of those in a row and I'll be really happy.

suzukigurl
07-25-2013, 05:20 PM
I had a really good week this week, apart from one bad night of cravings ( which I didn't give into) I cruised into this weigh in! Drum Roll Please...... 251 this morning so down 3.5lbs this week!!!! It feels so good to see the numbers falling and my clothes getting looser! The next few weeks should be interesting, we are moving :dizzy: and there is so much that needs to get done. I don't feel this should get in my way but I am looking forward to seeing how well I do when my routine is desterbed! I love a challenge and this might just be the kind of challenge I need right now! I haven't had a lot of time to read to much today so I will be popping back in later to see how everyone is doing!:carrot:

jessicado22
07-25-2013, 08:55 PM
SunnyMathChick -- Congrats!!! I love great weigh ins, lol. Hope you are able to maintain that through vacation. Have fun!

Song of Surly -- your idea of the inspector/takeout is so cute!!!! And I know running really upped my rate of loss, so I think your goal sounds totally doable :)

Davikatl16 -- that all sounds so fun! My only Halloween excitement is taking our 6 year old trick or treating...but I wish I was involved in more. Would give me more incentive to fit into a cuter costume too, lol.

Amandie -- so close to the 150s!!!! Yay!

vdh2102 -- a HUGE congrats to you! I know your scale has been stuck forever, so over 2 pounds is huge!! Woohoo!!! :carrot: Oh, and Happy Birthday! I think you are allowed to splurge on your own birthday with no guilt, lol.

chellesmiles -- 5 pounds, that is awesome! If I followed my appetite I would gain 5 pounds a week unfortunately.... :( So being able to eat comfortably and lose weight is an unheard of feat in my head. Way to go!

jaimie1980 -- I'm right there with you! (And if 1980 is your birthyear, we are the same age too!). Let's get to those 70s soon!!

SuperHeroTeacher --water retention goes away fast, and one cookie binge won't kill you :) Hope you have lots of fun on your vacation!!

stimkovs -- Happy belated birthday! And yeah, birthdays in my book must equal weight gain :) That means you celebrated right, lol

EatMoreCelery -- are you measuring inches too? I know sometimes when the scale doesn't move, seeing a loss in measurements helps me stay motivated. (Of course then when there is a stall for both, I am super pissy, ha ha). Hope the scale moves for you soon!

veggiedawg -- A whole month of not losing?!?!? You EARNED those 3 pounds! Awesome!

schxoxo - hugs :( It is probably just water weight! Or muscle weight. No way you gained "fat" weight by staying on point...

Arrwillia -- congrats on the mile! Doesn't it feel awesome! My mom asked me what difference I noticed with my weight loss...and I honestly don't really notice anything other than I can run faster, ha ha. So that feels really good :)

suzukigurl -- you are so close to 249! That was a huge number for me, because it meant I was closer to 200 than 300.

A generic yay for all the other losses! There were way too many posts to keep up with everything, ha ha

Nervous about my weigh in tomorrow. But I had an awesome NSV today, so I had to post early.

When I have attempted hiking with the hubby in the past, I have felt like I am dying. I had to stop to catch my breath often. The last time we hiked a particular trail in our area, he kept telling me to basically suck it up. (He was in the army and can get in this zone where he'll suffer through anything and just keep trekking). We only went on 4 hikes over the past 8 years, and I literally felt like I was going to die on them all. PRAYING for the end to come. Like my lungs were going to burst. Embarrassed by being passed by others. That my oldest kiddo was faster than I was. That when she was a baby, my hubby could carry her on the trail faster than I could without any kid. I internally hated every skinny tight yoga pant wearing chick who skipped ahead of me. And through all the pain, I was just so disappointed and sad. I think I cried everytime when we got home.

Well, today we went on a hike with his friend. I carried our 8 month old in a carrier on my back. I was nervous starting out as the trail was steep. But soon I realized it was okay. My hubby and his friend stopped a few times, and I stopped with them for company, before I finally decided to leave them in my dust and I went to the top without stopping!! Carrying at least 25 pounds of baby. And I could've kept going!!! It was so amazing feeling! The last section is climbing over boulders uphill, and I remember the last time on that trail I could barely function, and today I just did it just fine. I cannot explain the elation at realizing I could do it. And then when I reached the top, I think my ego exploded, ha ha. I passed up my hubby. Suck it, lol.

I just wish I could've shared this feeling with my old self and started this journey sooner. I have spent 1/2 my life obese and unhappy. I know some people can be large and be happy, however I was not one of those people My weight has constantly been on my mind for the past 16 years exactly...something I was always sad about, even during happy times in my life. It is weird for me to adjust. To realize that I am almost there! And I can do things I never thought I could before....

So I'll stop gooshing now. Just super excited and proud of myself right now. Kinda want to go climb the mountain again :D

Pics are of before and after! I might be a wee bit sweaty in the last one ;)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/jessicado22/DSCN5759.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/jessicado22/media/DSCN5759.jpg.html)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/jessicado22/DSCN5762.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/jessicado22/media/DSCN5762.jpg.html)

Oh yeah, and other NSV's are I officially weigh over 100 pounds less than my hubby. He is 6'4" and huge, and weighs 290. I used to weigh more than him, although I am a foot shorter and a girl. It was so embarrassing. Now I am over 100 pounds lighter! And another NSV I realized the other day -- I WEIGH LESS THAN MY DRIVER'S LICENSE!!!!!! That has happened, um never, lol. It always said 175 which was a huge freaking lie. Well, when I renewed last year, I was so large I upped it to 195. Was so ashamed of my true weight. And now I weigh less. I am going to go in when I hit 174 and get a new license, even though I just renewed last year, lol. Because my old photo (which I thought was a great photo) doesn't even look like me anymore! And I'll get to change the weight and not be lying. Okay -- I'm really done gooshing now, ha ha. Sorry everyone...

seize the day
07-26-2013, 11:52 AM
ACK - no change in my diet yet I am up 2 pounds this week. WTH?

This ^ :( It's my TOM but still... I'm higher now than my starting weight. How is it possible that it took me 2 weeks to drop 1 lb, and 1 week to gain two?!

Love the pics Jessicado! Looks like fun!

zoesmom
07-26-2013, 12:42 PM
This ^ :( It's my TOM but still... I'm higher now than my starting weight. How is it possible that it took me 2 weeks to drop 1 lb, and 1 week to gain two?!

Love the pics Jessicado! Looks like fun!

Two words: WATER. WEIGHT.

:)