100 lb. Club - The Cool Kids tackle July!

View Full Version : The Cool Kids tackle July!

bethFromDayton
07-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Hey Cool Kids!

I'm starting a new thread for our new month! We own July!

Reminder of how the thread works: it's for people trying to get out of their decade, and for maintainers who want to be here. (I think that covers everyone.) If you post here, you are, by definition, a Cool Kid, and only Cool Kids can post.

Our "theme" is to use lots of quotation marks and to have a "Share of the day" where you share anything Cool Kids share with other Cool Kids. Personal replies are welcome and encouraged.

Share of the day: DH and DD are still asleep in our hotel room. I've been for a half hour walk and had a great conversation with a friend of ours who was sitting outside the hotel lobby. I've had 2 OP vacation days--I intend to make today another one!

Happy July!

Underwater
07-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Nice to have this thread because I certainly wasn't feeling very "cool" this weekend when it was in the 90's. Here in Silicon Valley, that's HOT for us!

My share of the day is that yesterday I went out to eat and managed to only have half of my cheeseburger and no french fries! Showed a small gain on the scale this morning, but it could have been so worse!

This month I should hit maintenance, which is under 155 for me. I am going to try to maintain 150-155, so even when I get to 155, I know I'll still be focused on losing to give myself a buffer.

Happy July everyone! Who is doing something fun for the 4th? We are hosting a BBQ at my house, complete with burgers, sausages, chips, and cookies! AUGH!

Issaknits
07-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Nice to have this thread because I certainly wasn't feeling very "cool" this weekend when it was in the 90's. Here in Silicon Valley, that's HOT for us!

It hit a "cool" 109 over the weekend here. I had the pleasure of experiencing the dreaded "backside sizzle" that happens when you first sit in a hot car after it's been left in a parking lot. And here I thought my jeans would have protected me. That's only supposed to happen when you wear shorts! :lol:

Share of the day: I wanted to start C25K, but then my ankle decided to give out on me. After letting it rest for a little over a week, I'm going to see if it'll last during a modified walk. I think I'll call it the C25K "training wheels" edition. :D

Goddess Jessica
07-01-2013, 07:05 PM
I've had a bit of a crisis and I realized that a year ago, I weighed 215. And now, I'm around 245. RIDICULOUS.

I am running regularly and just eating like I'm starving. So AS OF today I am reining it in.

punkrocksong
07-01-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm "cool" because I successfully brushed my dog's teeth for the first time in 8 months...I know it's not weight loss related...but my puppy is so very mean and bitey when I try to brush her teeth and usually there is pain and blood involved before I give up. I stuck to it tonight though. I cornered her after her bath and held on for dear life as I shoved the tooth brush in her mouth and after about 30 seconds of not knowing if an ER trip was in my future she finally calmed down and let me do my thing.

purplekitten7
07-02-2013, 06:57 AM
My share of the day is that I completed my first 5k race this weekend, and immediately signed up for my next one which is in September! I ran the first 3k without having to stop and walk, but by September I'm gonna run the whole damn thing!

It seems I'm a "runner" now?!? How did that happen?!

merilung
07-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Congrats on completing your first 5k and signing up for your next one, purplekitten7! I'm doing my first 5k in September - cant' wait!

I've been taking a "break" - not gaining, but not losing either - from tracking and weighing everything and even posting on 3FC! I'm not ready to go back to weighing all my food yet, so my husband and I decided to do a July Whole30 and we're on day two! The whole not weighing for 30 days thing freaks me out a bit, but it'll be a fun experiment :)

fadedbluejeans
07-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Good luck to all you "cool kids". My "share of the day" is that I hope July isn't as much of a "b****" as June was. All I want is to be in the 230's by the time I have my physical on July 13!

JenteIsving
07-02-2013, 01:16 PM
punkrocksong - I know you didn't mention it here, but congrats on the 50 pounds down! Awesome milestone! :carrot:

fadedbluejeans - *hugs*
June wasn't exactly kind to me either. So what do you say, we take July and make it our month?

My share of the day:
It's official - I have nothing left to wear.
Now that's a sentence that is usually answered with "Oh yeah? Whose clothes are you wearing then?" in my family. This time? My dad (who couldn't care less about clothes and that kind of stuff) and one of my brothers (who pretty much has the same attitude as my father when it comes to fashion) gave me a once-over and said "Weeeell, your shirts and stuff still look alright, but you really should buy some new pants."
I guess that's settled then.
Looks like I'll be in the "big city far away" tomorrow (hey, Beth said she wanted to see some quotation marks ;) ) for the first time since October (and several pounds lighter). Who knows, maybe they sell some pants there ;)
Munich, here I come.

SuperHeroTeacher
07-02-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm "cool" because I successfully brushed my dog's teeth for the first time in 8 months...I know it's not weight loss related...but my puppy is so very mean and bitey when I try to brush her teeth and usually there is pain and blood involved before I give up. I stuck to it tonight though. I cornered her after her bath and held on for dear life as I shoved the tooth brush in her mouth and after about 30 seconds of not knowing if an ER trip was in my future she finally calmed down and let me do my thing.

I used to have this problem with my dog, then I found toothbrush gloves. They're like a thick latex glove (maybe not latex) with short plastic bristles on the pointer finger and thumb. My dog loves having his teeth brushed with these. Something about having my fingers in his mouth instead of a pokey stick is more acceptable to him.

Nagazim
07-03-2013, 02:01 AM
Hi cool kids *wave*

My share of the day: I managed to run for 3 minutes during my walk tonight. Mind you, they were one minute running, one minute walking.. rinse and repeat. But I manage to do it 3 times and didn't die. Success! I'm going to try for 1.5 minutes at a time tomorrow. I want to be a runner so badly!

bethFromDayton
07-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Hey nagazim--that is awesome! That's how the 'ease into running' programs work--alternating walking and running until you're just running (or not, if you choose!) It's great that you're working towards your goal!

If my travel scale is to be believed (Hi Ian!), I'm in the 189.x range now! I'm going to wait until I get home and get on my regular scale before updating ticker and announcing my arrival in the new decade thread, but I'm pretty excited!

DH points out that the travel scale was consistently 1 lb high at home (true). I'm afraid to rely on that, though, because I've started following Ian's directions for weighing and I wasn't doing that at home and because I'm afraid that the airplane flight and the different tile floor are making it lie to me and I don't want to get my hopes up too high!

Have a great day, Cool Kids!

Issaknits
07-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Good morning everyone. :) Beth, that's fantastic news!

The high today is supposed to get to 95, so unless there's a good breeze, I'll be using the gym's indoor track right after work. My ankle held up pretty well at first, but then it started to twinge really badly at the half-mile mark. Still trying to baby it, so I think I'll be doing more walking instead of jogging and see if I can do at least a mile without pain. After that, I'm hitting the weights for my shoulders and back day.

mygirlvj
07-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Hello all,

My share of the day is that for over a week morning weigh-ins have started with 19- as opposed to 20-. Hoping the 190's aren't as brutal as the 200's were.

"Here's to a new decade" :)

bethFromDayton
07-03-2013, 09:42 PM
mygirlvj--that's wonderful! That means you are definitely in the 190s--no messing around there! The 200s are gone forever!

issaknitsI hope your ankle held up okay!

My share of the day is that someone took a picture of me and showed it to me--and I looked SO MUCH THINNER than I did in pictures at this event last year. Of course, I am 45 lbs thinner than I was at this event last year!

Lizzyg
07-03-2013, 10:45 PM
I'm going to join you guys - I always wanted to be a one of the cool kids :)

I'm eating fake ice cream right now - vanilla yogurt blended with blueberries and frozen raspberries and frozen peaches. It's so good. It was supposed to be more of a smoothie but I guess I added too much frozen fruit :)

IanG
07-03-2013, 10:56 PM
If my travel scale is to be believed (Hi Ian!), I'm in the 189.x range now! I'm going to wait until I get home and get on my regular scale before updating ticker and announcing my arrival in the new decade thread, but I'm pretty excited!

DH points out that the travel scale was consistently 1 lb high at home (true). I'm afraid to rely on that, though, because I've started following Ian's directions for weighing and I wasn't doing that at home and because I'm afraid that the airplane flight and the different tile floor are making it lie to me and I don't want to get my hopes up too high!

I'm cool. Hi Beth. Yeah, you are right to be cautious. That way you only get a nice surprise when you get home. The main thing to use the travel scale for is to get an idea if your weight is going up or down while on vacation. The precise "final" weight needs to be done on your main scale when you get home. My travel scale helped me keep in check and make sure I was continuing to lose weight while traveling. So if the travel scale weight keeps dropping (or staying the same) you're good!

My share of the day is that I have bought two Versace men's belts. 32 inch waist baby and dropping!

Underwater
07-04-2013, 02:48 AM
Share of the day:

Was the recipient of a fist pound by the security guy at a bar once he saw my driver's license pic!

SuperHeroTeacher
07-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Share of the day:

Was the recipient of a fist pound by the security guy at a bar once he saw my driver's license pic!

This made me smile :D

bethFromDayton
07-04-2013, 07:30 PM
This made me smile :D

Me, too!

DD says my license portrait is "unfortunate"--I'be lost a lot of weight fr my face.

Share of the day--The jeans I brought on vacation are all a bit loose. I guess I'll be taking tucks in the waist after I get home. It's a great feeling to shrink out of my clothes!

Issaknits
07-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Share of the day:

Nice!

Yep, the ankle did okay, but it seems that I can only do about a half-mile of walking/running (more walking than running, even on the short sides of the track) before it decides it's had enough fun for the day. I figured I'll keep the 1/2 mile as a starting point and work to get it up to 3/4 a mile next week.

Share of the day: I did seven miles on the stationary bike in 30 minutes today. That's an extra mile more than I usually do!

dewittmba
07-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Hope everyone had a great holiday! We just took it easy during the day and took the girls to see fireworks that night. I must admit that I did overindulge in the fruit pizza that DH and the girls made (red, white, and blue fruits of course). It was SO good. I will be so glad when it's gone.

Share of the day: I finally spoke up today and told the family that I don't want treats brought into the house anymore. I am so tired of trying hard all day long only to succumb to temptation after everyone else has already gone to bed and the cookies/cake/whatever start calling my name.

SuperHeroTeacher
07-06-2013, 11:43 PM
Share of the day: I finally spoke up today and told the family that I don't want treats brought into the house anymore. I am so tired of trying hard all day long only to succumb to temptation after everyone else has already gone to bed and the cookies/cake/whatever start calling my name.

Good for you! I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself. There is no reason they can't just bring the amount of treats they are going to eat THAT DAY so there is nothing left laying around late at night when we're all prone to making bad nutrition choices.

Mozzy
07-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Hey everyone. Here's my share of the day:
I'm a "boredom eater." It doesn't even have to be junk food, just food. And since I'm a calorie counter, things add up quickly :-(

dewittmba
07-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Share of the day: Very busy day but managed to stick to my plan, even when I was still hungry.

Underwater
07-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Share of the day: Still 1lb up from July 4th and 2 total from my lowest. Laser-focused on taking these 2 lbs off asap!

dewittmba
07-09-2013, 01:28 AM
Share of the day: finished week 1, day 1 of the Couch to 5K program. Did my workout just around the cul-de-sac while my girls rode their new bikes. We had so much fun out playing as a family. Can't wait to do it again.

bethFromDayton
07-09-2013, 01:46 PM
That's great dewittmba--exercising and playing as a family is terrific!

My share of the day: I shattered my cell phone yesterday and so it's in being repaired. It's only been 1/2 day and I already miss being able to scan in my food for MFP!

JenteIsving
07-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Share of the day:
Today I realized for the first time that exercising has become completely "normal" for me. It now feels as natural as eating or breathing. Not like some form of cruel and unusual punishment that I always thought it was but just... "normal", a part of everyday life. Huh. I'd never have thought I'd say something like that. :o

Underwater
07-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Share of the day: had some birthday cake yesterday and adjusted my calories at dinner to compensate. Result: loss on the scale! (small, but a loss!)

Currently .4 lbs up from my lowest! Ready to bust past 155 by the end of the month!!!

jennyplain
07-10-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm hoping I can jump in and be a "cool kid" since I'm trying to get more involved with 3FC again!

I went for a run this morning in the disgusting humidity - did not feel cool at all! The river I run next to smelled like someone had cracked a million rotten eggs all over the place. I was dying. But I did 25 minutes of running anyway!

I'm going out to dinner with a new group of people from Meetup.com tonight, hopefully I'll make some new friends. Trying to be more social as I pick up steam on my weight loss again!

bethFromDayton
07-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Hey Cool Kids!

Welcome, jenny--you are definitely a Cool Kid!! Congrats on your run in the humidity!

"Share" of the day: I'll have to take in the waist in my size 18 jeans--one pair can slide off without even unbuttoning them! I bought 3 pairs of size 16 work pants--they're a little tight--but they are wearable--and my goal is to shrink out of them!

Underwater
07-12-2013, 01:43 AM
Share of the day - and this is almost unbelievable -

I was hanging out at my weight loss clinic and my coach introduced me to a new guy. Then the new guy asks if I'm another one of the coaches.

OH HELLS YES!

Lecomtes
07-12-2013, 02:25 AM
Underwater-that is awesome! What a great moment! :D

Hope everyone is doing famously...

My share...I've stalled a few weeks. Food logging to recommence in the morning. I've been exercising but eating (and drinking) over calories. No excuses. I'm going to share my food plan for tomorrow just to keep myself honest... :)
B- One egg, one small tortilla, 1 tbsp salsa, 4 strawberries
L- 1 cup yaki soba w/ bell pepper and broccoli, 1/2 chicken breast (1/2 tbsp. oyster sauce, 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce, 1/2 Thai garlic chili sauce)
D- 1 chicken breast, 2 tbsp. Sweet Baby Ray's, 1 cup mixed greens, 1/4 c. broccoli, 1/4 c. carrot, 4-6 slices bell pepper, w/ 1 tbsp. Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Ranch Dressing
Reminding myself I want good health more than too much "good" food.
Stay strong comrades!

bethFromDayton
07-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Hey Cool Kids--it's Friday!, which is wonderful for those of us who work a stereotypical work week.

"Share": I haven't updated my ticker beyond 190, but I've been at 189.x two days in a row!!!!

Underwater
07-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Share of the day:

Lost the rest of that sodium weight from the 4th of July long weekend- WOO HOO.

Went to the plastic surgeon, he took pics and is submitting them to my insurance company. We'll know in 4-6 weeks if they'll cover any of my skin excision surgeries.

bethFromDayton
07-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Share of the day:

Lost the rest of that sodium weight from the 4th of July long weekend- WOO HOO.

YES!!!! Let's hear for recovering from holidays fast! I think that's a real sign of being in a good place, foodwise and body-wise.

Went to the plastic surgeon, he took pics and is submitting them to my insurance company. We'll know in 4-6 weeks if they'll cover any of my skin excision surgeries.

I'll be interested in hearing about this--and I'm sure others will, too. I don't have excess to excise yet, but I want to get down where you are--and then I assume I will! I didn't know if insurance ever covered that.

p.s. are you going to change your profile picture soon? Everytime I see it, I picture the more current pictures of you!

JenteIsving
07-12-2013, 05:01 PM
YES!!!! Let's hear for recovering from holidays fast! I think that's a real sign of being in a good place, foodwise and body-wise.

I'll be interested in hearing about this--and I'm sure others will, too. I don't have excess to excise yet, but I want to get down where you are--and then I assume I will! I didn't know if insurance ever covered that.

p.s. are you going to change your profile picture soon? Everytime I see it, I picture the more current pictures of you!

Ditto! To all of the above ;)

JenteIsving
07-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Share of the day:
Do you remember Stephen King's "Langoliers"? I behave like their long lost cousin today. Seriously, I don't know why but I could eat anything and everything that crosses my path today. :dizzy:

Underwater
07-12-2013, 06:43 PM

It's funny- I tried to change my pic once and it just felt weird, so I changed it back.

If you check my profile, you can see some before & current face and body shots :)

Sometimes insurance covers some of the procedures. Most often it's for people with more extreme skin than I have. I have an "apron" overhang but there are no rashes or infections because I take really good care of it.

However, it's a pain in the *** because I have a hard time fitting into pants as the extra skin adds a size in that area only- maybe 2 sizes! And it's pretty gross after doing any sort of physical activity. My doctor thought it was worth a shot, so we'll see what the insurance company says.

I have seen 5 plastic surgeons so far with 1 more to go and when you are ready, be sure to shop around because they are very different as far as procedure and price!

bethFromDayton
07-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Hey Cool Kids! I figured out how to post a picture--and started a mini-goal photo album thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/284715-mini-goal-7-under-35-bmi.html

"Share" of the day--BFF is cleaning out my pantry for me and getting rid of stuff that's expired. I got DH to hang the spice racks I'd bought for the back of the pantry door. Kitchen cleanup time!

bethFromDayton
07-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Hey Cool Kids!

My share of the day is kind of "convoluted".

Background summary: DD (age 18) had surgery last week. DS (age 21, as of yesterday) is living out of state this summer doing a co-op.

So, DS send his friend (also age 21) to come be an angel to his sister since he couldn't be here. This friend and I had talked in early January about weight. She had had WLS (a sleeve) and we talked about it at length, and it was what made me start looking into WLS (again), and then onto finding 3FC, and the Beck forum, and the Beck books, and made me decide against WLS and really focus on figuring out what was stopping me from successfully changing my eating habits--and then making those changes.

This is the first time we've seen each other since then--although we'd had facebook and telephone conversation. She was blown away by my weight change. She'd seen the FB picture that I posted in the mini-goals photoalbum, so she knew I'd lost weight--but it was great for me to see how blown away she was, how happy for me she was. She felt pretty great herself, knowing that she was such a big part of my moving forward with improving my health.

She's about my height and currently weighs about 160. 160 isn't thin for this height, but she looks good. That lets me know that if I got down to around there, I'd look and feel pretty good.

My next "mini-goal" is 20% of my original weight. I'm only 5 lbs away...

Underwater
07-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Hi All,

I actually made it below my bonus goal weight for a single day (Saturday) but had dinner with friends Saturday night then a party Sunday and I'm back to 1.6 above goal. Will try to lose that weight this week.

I am hoping next Monday (that's my ticket update day) I'll be under 155.

Wishing everyone a great on-plan week!!!

Underwater
07-16-2013, 04:33 AM
These last few pounds are killing me - up and down, up and down.

Right now I'm feeling guilty for eating some pineapple while cutting one up after dinner because I wasn't actually hungry, just ate it because it was a soft spot on the pineapple and I wasn't sure how long it would keep (and it tastes good!)

bethFromDayton
07-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Underwater, your progress just amazes--and motivates--me! 108 lbs ago, would it have been pineapple you snacked on? You're awesome!

Share of the day: I told someone at work that I'd lost 40, and wanted to lose 60 more and she said I didn't look as if I had 60 lbs to lose. That's nice to hear, even if I do have that much to lose :-). If I wanted to get down to my lowest weight since college, that'd be 80 lbs. Dream dream dream...I just want to get down to a weight at which I used to "think" I was fat. Little did I know how beautiful my figure was!

Underwater
07-16-2013, 05:23 PM
155.4 today, which means I was .4 from the bonus goal.

However, my sister lost her job today and I took her out to lunch for love and support so I'm not sure what the scale will say tomorrow. The portions were in check- I brought have the lunch home in a box, but calories and sodium sneak into restaurant food so I am not feeling confident...

It's okay though, life happens, back on the band wagon for the rest of the week. I'm walking a 10K on Sunday!

jennyplain
07-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Share of the day...weighed in on Friday, was up a couple pounds, even though I'd been counting/working out. I know its just water but it's frustrating, and I let the frustrations rule my eating choices for a couple of days. Back on track now, though, and I still kept up my workout regimen even when I was feeling down on myself about food. That's something, right?

bethFromDayton
07-16-2013, 09:21 PM
jenny, that's not just something--it's a lot!

Issaknits
07-16-2013, 11:04 PM
239.8 today, which is a victory all in itself, seeing that my scale has been fibbing to me for who knows how long. My battery was dying and it was recording three pounds lighter than it should have.

I did a 1.25 mile walk today. It took me 21 minutes to do a mile, but absolutely zero pain from my ankle.

Bonus share of the day: I have a sleepy cat half-drowsing on my lap as I type. I'm trying not to move too much so I won't disturb her.

fadedbluejeans
07-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Day 1 of my personal 21-day challenge completed with 66% success. I met my new calorie and exercise goals but did not manage to get to sleep by 10 pm, dang All-Star game.

bethFromDayton
07-17-2013, 12:10 PM
fadedbluejeans, 66% is good--I can't imagine getting to sleep by 10, All-Star game or not (or in my case, latest Charlene Harris book or not).

Issaknits, drowsy kitties are the best! It takes me 20-21 minutes to walk a mile, too--we're lapping everyone on the couch. Glad to hear your ankle is doing well--I'm still recovering from foot surgery, so I do understand.

Share of the day: I hit a new low today! When I started this at the beginning of the year, I outweighed my husband by 18 lbs. He's been losing weight, too, but I am now 4 lbs less than he is!

JenteIsving
07-17-2013, 05:09 PM
I fit into a (vanity) size 14 today.
(And I finally got new pants after the very thing that shouldn't happen happened today: I lost my pants in public. Thank goodness there were no witnesses around :^: :D )

Underwater
07-17-2013, 06:26 PM
fadedbluejeans, 66% is good--I can't imagine getting to sleep by 10, All-Star game or not (or in my case, latest Charlene Harris book or not).

Issaknits, drowsy kitties are the best! It takes me 20-21 minutes to walk a mile, too--we're lapping everyone on the couch. Glad to hear your ankle is doing well--I'm still recovering from foot surgery, so I do understand.

Share of the day: I hit a new low today! When I started this at the beginning of the year, I outweighed my husband by 18 lbs. He's been losing weight, too, but I am now 4 lbs less than he is!

Isn't weighing less than your husband awesome? This something I also experienced for the first ever earlier this year... I also now fit into his jeans :)

fadedbluejeans
07-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Yay Beth! And yay? Jente, Lol
Day 2 of my 21-day challenge completed, 100% successful because I am going to bed right now!

Issaknits
07-18-2013, 01:05 AM
You go, fadedbluejeans!

Big (for me) NSV: I was bringing in a 25 pound box of cat litter from my car tonight and I made it halfway from the parking lot to my front door before I realized that I was easily carrying it like it didn't weigh a thing. Normally I have to set it down on the sidewalk and shake out my arms while I catch my breath at the halfway point. Proof that three weeks of weight training are paying off in non-gym related ways right there!

Second NSV: While I was typing that last paragraph, it finally sunk in that I am no longer carting an entire box of cat litter on my person 24/7. While gaining functional strength has become a main focus lately, weight loss is still on the forefront of my mind. It will be awesome when I can say that I don't have two (or more!) 25 lb. boxes of super clump, super odor control kitty litter strapped to my body all the time.

Underwater
07-18-2013, 02:37 PM
154.0 today. My second day in a row below goal! Maybe it will stick this time!

Hope everyone is doing well! We have a team member's birthday today (complete with cake) so I've got to be on my best behavior (and only have a small piece!)

JenteIsving
07-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Yay Beth! And yay? Jente, Lol
Day 2 of my 21-day challenge completed, 100% successful because I am going to bed right now!

I swear the birds stopped singing, the crickets stopped chirping, the wind stopped blowing and the earth stood still for a second (okay, okay, maybe not ;) ) - and my face went from :o to :^: to :D . And then I burst out laughing. The whole situation was just too absurd.

What kind of challenge are you doing? Anyways, congrats on your 100% success!

fadedbluejeans
07-18-2013, 05:29 PM

I swear the birds stopped singing, the crickets stopped chirping, the wind stopped blowing and the earth stood still for a second (okay, okay, maybe not ;) ) - and my face went from :o to :^: to :D . And then I burst out laughing. The whole situation was just too absurd.

What kind of challenge are you doing? Anyways, congrats on your 100% success!

HA! It's great you have a sense of humor about it!

My goal for this year was to get to "199" by "Christmas," slow and steady, and things were going great until June. I've been stuck at 241-243 for going on 2 months now. My diet has been great, activity has been good, but I haven't been sleeping as much as I should. I "challenged" myself to take the next 21 days (well 19 now) and do 3 specific things every single day: 1) drop to 1500 high quality calories per day or less 2) get in "10,000 steps" (or the equivalent on the bike) and 3) go to bed by 10pm each night, hoping to "break through" and start losing again consistently. It ended up being a 21 day challenge because my halfway to Christmas date is August 6 (so, "arbitrary").

fadedbluejeans
07-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Day 3 of my 21-day challenge completed, 100% successful. Well, maybe 99%. I stayed under my calorie goal, but there were some not so high quality calories in there, lol.

bethFromDayton
07-19-2013, 12:37 PM
fadedbluejeans, 99% is still a high A!

Share of the day: I had to dress up ("work-style") for an appointment this morning. I bought this suit in April. I felt like a little girl wearing her mom's clothes--it was a full size too big for me. It's the only suit I own, though, so I wore it. Fortunately, I don't need to wear a suit very often, but as my weight goes down, I'll need to buy another one. This is a good problem to have.

I showed DH how big my jeans are (a pair of the ones I bought a few months ago)--he grinned and said "we can buy you new jeans". I asked "how many times?" and he said "as many times as you need". (This was a teasing conversation--the "we" in buying new jeans is actually me, possibly with DD--and I don't ask his permission to buy clothes)

I asked him what size he'd like me to be, and he very wisely chose not to answer the question directly--"whatever size you want to be". He then turned the tables and asked me what size I wanted him to be. I do have an answer to that--but just said that I knew his stomach size bothered him, so whatever size he needed to be to be happy with that. So, even if he does have a preference, I can't blame him for not wanting to say it!

fadedbluejeans
07-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Thanks Beth :)
I finally hit a mini goal and moved out of the 240's! 239.2 this morning! Looks like my 21-day challenge was a just the thing to bust my plateau, and I had another nearly perfect day yesterday...great nutrition and exercise, but late to bed...but I'm truly aiming for 8 hours a night so I made it up by sleeping in til 7 this morning.
Now I'm off to pick some more blueberries before the rain comes back. Happy Saturday everyone!

bethFromDayton
07-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Hey Cool Kids!

Congrats, fadedbluejeans--new decades are the best! And it sounds as if yesterday was a solid 90%, taking off 10 pts for shifting your sleep schedule :dizzy:

I got up and walked today before all the other things I've accomplished--it's been a productive day and I'm starting to think about dinner. (I'd planned something but then forgot to defrost it, so I'm adjusting the plan)

Share of the day: My paper inbox is now almost empty (3 items), and my email inbox went from over 200 to 50. I said I'd gotten a lot accomplished!

IanG
07-20-2013, 09:34 PM
I have 2 shares of the day. I hate the 180s. I have been up and down in the upper 180s for two weeks now.

But the main share is I booked my motorcycle riding course today.

bethFromDayton
07-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Hey, Ian!

You are so dropping it like it's hot--even if you've slowed down a little bit :-(.

Have fun with your motorcycle class. Be prepared to be find the course time, um, slow. I read my book. The instructor told us stuff. Then he showed us a video of the same stuff. Then he told us again. Then, before the written test, he reviewed--and told us everything again. The test took minutes. Other people had trouble with this part.

The riding part, though--that was hard for me. I'd never ridden a motorcycle until I took the course. As soon as I started to get the hang of something, it was time to move on and I didn't have any time to practice it with the instructors watching. I didn't get the twisting through cones right until the test.

In Ohio, the course is offered by the state, it's only $25, and if you pass it, you get your motorcycle endorsement.

IanG
07-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Thanks Beth! I have not ridden a bike either. So here's hoping it works out!

fadedbluejeans
07-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Share 1: 21-day challenge still going strong. I'm giving myself 90% for the weekend because I didn't actually eat enough calories.
Share 2: I can barely move my arms. I spent a couple hours picking blueberries and many more hours scrubbing walls this weekend. I don't know what's in those mr. clean magic erasers, but it truly is magic. If only they were self-propelled :)

bethFromDayton
07-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Hey Cool Kids!

Share of the day: I actually wanted water rather than caffeine free diet coke after my morning walk. This is new. It is a "good thing".

Issaknits
07-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Morning all! My share is that I woke up at 4:45 this morning to do a 5 AM (well, 5:15 if you count driving time) workout since I have a work function eating up all my gym time this evening. I might not have been all the way "awake" but I did manage to burn through 7.65 miles on the bike, which is a personal best!

fadedbluejeans
07-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Hi cool kids! My share of the day is that I hit a new low this morning - in a good way - 238.2. Getting to bed by 10pm is proving to be the hardest part of this challenge.

Good for you IssaKnits with the 5 am workout!

bethFromDayton
07-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Hey Cool Kids!

issaknits: I am totally impressed that you got up that early to work out. That's dedication!

Congrats on your new low, fadedbluejeans--new lows are exciting--and inspiring!

Share of the day: I took a pair of (size 18) jeans in 2" in the waist last week--and am wearing them today--and they fit great.

I'm excited about how many more clothing options there are at size 16 and 18 than there were at 20 and 22!

I didn't have "anything" to put "quotes" around, so I added this sentence.

fadedbluejeans
07-24-2013, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE
I didn't have "anything" to put "quotes" around, so I added this sentence.[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Underwater
07-24-2013, 07:52 PM
"Shares" of the "day" LOL

I've made exactly 700 posts on 3FC! (Well, 701 shortly!)

I've been able to maintain below goal for exactly 1 week today!

bethFromDayton
07-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Hey Cool Kids--

My "share of the day" is good for DH but disappointing for me. I was at 188.2 this morning--but he was at 187 even. That is good for him--he's lost 25 lbs now. But I had gotten below his weight and now I'm stuck here at 188.

I don't know why I'm stuck--I'm measuring and weighing as I've been doing. But I'll just deal with the stuckness and keep on keepin on.

Issaknits
07-25-2013, 01:27 PM
TOM is kicking my behind today. All I want to do is crawl back into bed, pull the covers over my head and sleep forever. I have my gym clothes here with me at work: just because I feel grumpy and tired is no excuse to skip an evening workout, or so I keep telling myself.

My "share of the day" is that a co-worker commented that she can really tell I've been doing something different. It made the raging Godzilla Grouch!Monster in me go "Raaaaaaarrrrrrgh...oh? Thanks! :D *skip stomps away*"

fadedbluejeans
07-25-2013, 05:01 PM
"Share of the Day" another new low...237.6, even though I really must count yesterday as a fail on my 21-day challenge. I was under for calories [mostly because I didn't have time for dinner] but I also did not have time for exercise and since I didn't get home until 10:30, I missed my bedtime deadline too! On the bright side, I did complete my knitting goal of 2 hexipuffs per day.

bethFromDayton
07-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Hey Cool Kids!

fadedbluejeans: Knitting--yes, (even if I don't know what a hexipuff is). Today'll be back on challenge, I bet!

issaknits: Yay for compliments assuaging the inner Godzilla!

Share of the day: I was under DH again this morning. (Weight-wise, get your minds out of the gutters, ladies--we don't get up early enough to manage that in the am)

Another post without "quotes"--thank goodness for the "ability" to add in extra sentences with "random" quote marks.

fadedbluejeans
07-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Beth - Google "hexipuffs" or "beekeeper's quilt" coolest thing ever for knitters on the go.

bethFromDayton
08-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Should the Cool Kids start an August thread?

hamlette
08-02-2013, 07:05 AM
yes please! its fun reading the cool kids thread,, and i might be posting as well, if i think im cool enough :)

bethFromDayton
08-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Hey everyone,

Come join us in the August thread--the Cool Kids own August!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/285700-cool-kids-own-august.html#post4806843