South Beach Diet - Marvy Monday on the Beach - July 1




Ruthxxx
07-01-2013, 07:03 AM
:bday2you: CANADA! :bday2you:

I'm glad I'm not in Ottawa today as they are expecting 400,000 people downtown. Large crowds are not my favourite thing so I'll settle for the excitement around here today. :crossed: that it doesn't rain.

I enjoyed a quiet Sunday afternoon with the dogs yesterday. I did have to do a few things for the Mill but also managed to get strawberries into the freezer and some sewing done. I needed that as I head into another jam-packed week.

Today I am going to do some cooking - sausage and peppers and chicken salad from leftover Salsa Chicken. Easy meals so I'll eat properly - I've not been eating "well" this week and that has to stop. :nono:

What's on your plan this first day of the month and first day of the work week? :cofdate:


cottagebythesea
07-01-2013, 07:32 AM
HAPPY CANADA DAY! to all who celebrate! :yay:

My fingers are :crossed: that it doesn't rain for all your holiday plans!

:rain: :rain: :rain: Here. It's coming down in torrents right now and isn't supposed to stop until maybe Wednesday? We may start looking at kayaks to get around, :lol:.

CyndiM
07-01-2013, 07:37 AM
Happy Canada Day Ruth and other lurking Canadians! Maybe I should call in to work Canadian ;)

Only working 2 days this week and they will be easy days so I'm just trying to plan my day to make sure I don't need any extra after work trips. Wed. we are off to NY to see the folks. Mom and I will be shopping for wedding attire. I kind of dread needing two dress-up outfits I will probably never wear again but I guess it's expected. I haven't even worn a dress in about 10 years and now I need two :eek: Still looking forward to DD's wedding though. Most of the details on our end are worked out.

Uh oh, time to get moving. Happy Monday!


TwynnB
07-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Hello all and happy marvy Monday to you! Happy Canadian day to all our neighbors up north :D.

Yes, it is all rain here as well. And we start our camping trip Wednesday, but at least we have a pop up, games and each other (ahhh, *warm fuzzy*) if it rains the whole time.

Until then, it's work and prep for me. We thought DH would be on an overnight trip tonight, but with flood warnings out (he's a land surveyor for fish and game commission) he probably won't go now. That means I actually have to plan a meal!!

Ruth - glad you got some down time, happy birthday to your country!
Linda - Ohhh, kayaking would be fun!
Cyndi - glad your end is finished up for the wedding, they are so exhausting!

Have a great day everyone! (I should be in a great mood since I only have a 3 day work week!)

WaistingTime
07-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Good morning. I'm off to the gym with mom and trainer today. Then I head to work for a few hours. I think my evening activity is buying an new sun hat; the one I've been wearing and had for years had gotten rather floppy and I keep seeing the sides in my peripheral vision when I hike. My other hats don't pack as well. Speaking of packing, we'll start spraying our hiking clothes with the kind of bug repellent that is supposed to last through washing. And the new laptop that DH ordered is due to arrive today so when he gets it up and running I'll be learning Windows 8.

Have a great one.

Beth19
07-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Happy Canada Day!

We currently are overcast but it is not raining. I'm using the "glass half full" mentality to read the forecast today: 30% chance of rain means 70% chance it won't! This is shaping up to be one of those summers, though.

Off in about a 1/2 hour to get my knee (hopefully) fixed! Not looking forward to the whole experience but staying focused on the after-effects: I might actually be able to use it! The toughest part is no coffee this morning.:(

Hope everyone's Monday is Marvy.

Lexxiss
07-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

Happy Canada Day!

OP and off to work!

Have a great day everyone!

brgal
07-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone,

I found you this morning as I was looking for some motivation to break a 6 month plateau. Figured that the first day of July is a good time to do something new! After reading a few posts, I have a new commitment to eating more VEGGIES, drinking more WATER and doing some of that EXERCISING thing that everyone talks about! As soon as I finish some work.....

Looking forward to a lighter future. Have a great week.

Xan
07-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Welcome, brgal! Those sound like very good goals. Good luck to you.

Happy Canada Day!!!

It's not raining here yet, but they promise it will through Wednesday. I think they're afraid to say it will rain on the 4th, because that is such a big tourist day here!

I'm still having (and loving) lazy days. A friend once told me a joke about teaching: ask a teacher what are the three best things about teaching and you'll hear, "June, July and August." Oh, that is true! I also edit a quarterly magazine and have to get that out this week, but doing it during the day is a lot better than doing it at night.

Have a great day all!

jenne1017
07-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Happy Canada Day!

Today is a low key day for me and I am glad because it really needs to rain - my joints are killing me! So far, the (calico) cat has been snuggly and I've eaten breakfast. That's about it!

Tomorrow I go see the pain management doctor as well as the GI doctor. And I will hit the store as well in prep for the trip to Myrtle Beach on Wednesday night (we leave after DW gets out of work -oh traffic gods be with us!). Which reminds me, I should probably do laundry.

I have a question for you all! I weighed in yesterday morning prior to starting Ph1 and it was around the same poundage I've been weighing for a few days. Turns out, I got TOM this morning and am already down 3 pounds after a day. Should I readjust? Or was that a legit number?

wonderlin
07-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Happy Canada Day! Sounds like a lot of excitement up north! It's the 150th ann. of the Battle of Gettysburg, so I'm doing my best to stay out of town for the next week. (Easier now that I don't live right in the middle of town!)

Pearlrose
07-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Good afternoon for the east coasters, good morning for the rest of the country :)

Happy Canada day for the Canadians.

Nice to see new and old faces popping in to say hello.

It has been cray cray at work so I got to get back to it, I thought it was supposed to be slow :)

Have a great day everyone!

Xan
07-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Jenne, regarding your question re weight, I'm sure we all do different things. I weigh every day and record every week. I've seen some people post that they wait until the weight stops bouncing around to claim a new pound. Good news, though!

RiverGirl
07-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Happy Canada Day!!!!!!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Will be spending the day preparing for a beachified bbq... any and all Canadians on the board, hope you are enjoying the long weekend as much as I am!

jekel383
07-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Happy Canada Day!!!! Happy Anniversary to me. Hmmm what anniversary does a divorcÚ celebrate? No not my divorce...not my SB anniversary (that was April) It is my work anniversary. Ten down ten to go!!!

Time to read the daily posts. Have a great night all