Fitness Videos - July 2013 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome here

Diana3271
06-29-2013, 10:33 PM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

TurboLaura
07-01-2013, 10:55 AM
WOW JULY!

Diana - how beautiful they are!! :) Congrats on your new baby. :cheer2:

Teacher - hope that you're dealing with the heat with lots of AC and swimming.

Today - Fire 30 and Tone 30 planned.

teacher1
07-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi ladies-

Laura- he's doing much better. He did have a severe UTI which caused a kidney infection. I'm not seeing any blood so I'm hoping the blood clots have cleared up. I'm waiting to hear from the vet about his urine culture. I've been soaking his dry food in water since the infection started. Your dog's food sounds like a good mix. I've in the past added canned pumpkin if they have an upset stomach. I'm so impressed that you have 4 dogs!!! I can only handle 2.

Diana- such a cute puppy you're getting. I can't wait for lots of puppy updates when you get him or her.

No swimming today. It's in the low 80's in the beginning of the week. Such a nice break from the heat. By the end of the week, we'll be back to the 90's but a great break from the 100's from last week.

today- elip 30 min & treadmill walk 30

Diana3271
07-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: The Firm 500 Calorie Workout w/5's and 10's

I did not like this Firm workout at all. So far, I have like Pump, Jump 'n Jab the best. I really need to find another strength workout that I like. I have a couple more Firms to try. I might end up continuing with Project You.

Teacher Good job on that cardio! I'm glad your dog is doing better.

Laura Have you started looking for a new place, yet?

Diana3271
07-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on:
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga For Stress Relief

Any fun plans for Independence Day and the long weekend?

Have a great day!

teacher1
07-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- I'm going to my parent's house for a BBQ on the 4th. i was going to the in-laws but they live an hour away and I can't leave my furkid that long. So my DH is heading to his parents and the dogs and I are going to mine. My DH is leaving Sunday for Germany for 2-3 weeks for work. So we'll be busy getting his stuff all ready this weekend. It's his first international business trip so he's a little nervous. What do you have planned?

today- elip 30 min & treadmill 30 min

Diana3271
07-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Check-In: KCM's 30 MTF TLC (both workouts premix) w/weighted gloves

It felt good to do a kickboxing/boxing workout again.

Teacher We don't have anything planned. I will probably finish closing out the books for June. I will also do my monthly office chores like dusting and cleaning the bathrooms, etc. Hopefully I will be motivated to get it all done. :lol: It will feel good to go back to work on Monday having completed all my monthly tasks. DH and I will probably grill out some, too.

TurboLaura
07-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Hi ladies,

Teacher - I hope that your baby continues to feel better. We've also started adding lots of water to his food to keep things flushing! Wow - 2-3 weeks in Germany! Does your husband speak German? Perhaps a stupid question :) You'll do just fine, even though I'm sure it'll feel weird not having him home. :(

Diana - hope that you're well! Do you like the TF strength workouts? I also really like Turbo Jam Turbo Sculpt, it really keeps my heart rate up, too.

Ladies I must confess that I'm really struggling again. Eating poorly and not working out. Seems like the house that we really liked isn;t going to work. We were getting our house market ready ASAP...I think that the thought of major change was really stressful and has affected me. UGH. Tomorrow is a new day.

Diana3271
07-03-2013, 08:17 AM

Last night I added on:
The 7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Good Nights Sleep from AM PM Yoga For Beginners

I will be back later!

Have a great day!

teacher1
07-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Laura- Nope, my DH only speaks English but everyone in the workplace over there speaks English. Hopefully, he'll understand them even with the thick accents. Hang in there!!! I have a hard time staying on plan during emotional times. Deciding where to live is very stressful and leaving your set school schedule can makes plans hard to follow. You'll be back on track in no time.

Diana- yesterday's workout sounds fun!!! I miss kickboxing, turbokick, TF, and Turbo Jam. Hopefully, I'll get back to those fun workouts again. I'm considering getting a punching bag but I need to make sure I would use it. Maybe in the Fall once it's too cold to swim. Good luck with all your cleaning. I hate cleaning but it feels so good when it's done.

today- elip 30 min & treadmill 15 min

Diana3271
07-03-2013, 10:56 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Weights Time-Saver Full Body w/10's
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

Laura I don't like the TF Sculpt/Toning workouts. I don't like using the bands. I haven't done the TJ Sculpt in a long time. I probably need to try it again. I truly HATE weight training. I like the workout I did today. Well, I like it as much as I can like using weights. ;) I hope you check back in and today was a better day for you. Today is a new day, keep trying. :hug:

Teacher I can't imagine how difficult it has been for you. I know I was really frustrated with my knee issue. I only had problems for a short period of time. I truly pray that you heal and things improve for you. :hug:

Diana3271
07-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy 4th of July!

Last night I added on:
Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch for Beginners (standing)
Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga For Stress Relief

Have a great day!

teacher1
07-04-2013, 01:42 PM
:encore: Happy 4th of July!!!!

Laura- have a great day :carrot:

Diana- you're killing it with all the yoga :cheer: Is it helping your knees??

I'm off to my parent's house for the day. :dancer:

today- swimming :swim:

Everyone have a fun & safe day :flame:

Diana3271
07-04-2013, 10:15 PM

Check-In:
Ana and Ravi Yoga Cleanse Lighten Up & Purify (both sections 1 hour)
The Firm TransFirm Your Body w/#5's

Teacher I hope you had fun today. Do you take your dogs with you? The knee workout (Strong Knees) that I have been doing is a strengthening/stretch workout for the knees. It's not yoga inspired at all. The idea of it is to strengthen the muscles around your knee, which supports your knee. It also stretches the major lower body muscles, so they don't end up pulling or tweaking the knee. I think the workout has been helpful. The knee still feels weird at times since I am still doing some impact, but it is a lot better than it was. I had some pretty good swelling going on at one time. I really think certain yoga workouts are helping me to fall asleep quicker and sleep better. Not all of the yoga workouts are good for me before bed. Not even the PM ones. They seem too active for me. The ones that help me before bed are the ones with Barbara Benagh. She can relax me like no one else. Don't tell anyone that I said that, since I hate yoga. :rofl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYpqzEEJ7fk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8h6BLMpy_M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqKxkD7nKD0

Diana3271
07-05-2013, 10:03 AM

Last night I added on:
Improve Digestion from Yoga for Stress Relief

I am not having digestive issues, but I wanted to see what this premix was like. It was a good one, although not quite as relaxing as the Easing Your Mind section. The Easing Your Mind Section is really a good one before bed. This is a very versatile DVD since there are so many different routines on it. I think there are 21 routines on this one DVD. Of course the practices are used in multiple routines.

Have a great day!

teacher1
07-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Hi ladies

Diana- yep, I take my dogs when I go to my parent's house. It's their socialization and workout time :) Does your husband ever workout with you?

today- ymca 1 hour gentle yoga- it was a guy teacher who kind of mumbled so I couldn't really understand him. I'm thinking I need to try some other yoga teachers since I stared at the clock the whole hour :(

Diana3271
07-05-2013, 10:59 PM

Check-In:
Element Yoga for Flexibility
Erin O'Brien Strong Body, Ageless Body w/10's

Teacher My husband? Workout with me? :rofl: My DH doesn't do anything healthy. He will probably live forever. :lol: He is actually in pretty bad health and takes a lot of medicine. I still believe he will outlive me. The people in my family don't have a history of living a long life. What about your DH, does he workout or have an interest in working out? I don't know if I would like taking a live yoga class.

Diana3271
07-06-2013, 08:44 AM

Last night I added on: Element's PM Yoga for Beginners (Release Balance, & Stretch)

This routine was too active for me. It felt like it woke me and I struggled going to sleep and staying asleep. This is the last of the PM/Stress routines that I have. I still have some AM ones that I will work my way through during this weekend and future weekends. I think the best routine for me at night is the ones with Barbara Benagh. I find her very relaxing. I actually have one more DVD that I ordered that is a similar format to Barbara's DVD's. It's a different instructor, so I will see how that goes.

Have a great day!

teacher1
07-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Diana- my DH does workout on the elip, treadmill, and some weights on and off. He workouts out after work so I'm normally working on dinner.

My Jeep was scratched by a man in the store parking lot who took off after he hit me. I was busy shopping but luckily one of the store employee's got his license plate number. So I had to deal with police and insurance people this morning. No fun. It's not much damage but it will be a pain to deal with in the next few days. My DH leaves for Germany tomorrow. So we're off tonight to celebrate his bday a little early.

today- nothing...

Diana3271
07-06-2013, 10:10 PM

Check-In:
Element AM Yoga for Beginners w/Elena Brower
2 Mile Power Express Walk from Leslie Sansone's 4 Mile Power Walk

This is a new Leslie for me. I really enjoyed the section that I did. I am sore from my head to my toes. I'm not sure if it's from the weight training or from the beginner's, relaxing, and less stress yoga that I have been doing. I have been sore the entire time we have been off work.

Teacher That's good that you and your DH can work on having a healthy lifestyle together. My DH want's no part of it. :lol: My DH and Mom both has/had the attitude. Their motto is you don't get out of here alive, so you might as well enjoy yourself while you are here. :lol: I hope the situation with your Jeep gets resolved easily. Sorry that you are having to deal with that.

ETA: I don't know which workout did it, but my glutes and hamstrings have some serious DOMS going on. It is getting worse as the night progresses.

Diana3271
07-07-2013, 09:40 AM

Last nigh I added on:
Deep Rest Premix from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!

teacher1
07-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Diana- are you still sore?

Laura- hi, any fun summer plans?

My DH is off to Germany. I'm hoping these next 12 days fly by quickly. We went to a nice steak dinner for an early bday celebration for my DH last night. My stomach hasn't felt very good since :( Hoping tomorrow it will be better because I plan to hit the ymca for the water walk class. We'll see what happens.

today-rest

Diana3271
07-07-2013, 09:52 PM

Check-In: Hip Openers from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga For Your Week

We decided to take a short road trip today. We were going to a seafood place outside of town called See Wee but they closed at 3:00 and we got there at 3:15. We decided to drive a little farther to Georgetown. You have probably heard of Myrtle Beach, SC. Georgetown is about 30 miles from Myrtle Beach. We decided to go to an area called Water Front Park. It's where all the good dining spots and shopping is located. We found a place called The Old Fish House. The raw bar area is called The Big Tuna Raw Bar. We have eaten a lot of seafood in our lives and it was some of the best that we had ever had. I had the grilled seafood platter and it was grilled perfectly. It was grilled shrimp, scallops, oysters, and grouper fingers. We were getting ready to leave and I noticed a dog on the deck. The dog was with a man and I wanted to go talk with the dog. I asked the man if the dog was friendly and I could pet it. DH started talking with the man. Come to find out he was the owner of the restaurant. The man was thrilled when DH told him it was some of the best seafood that we had ever had.

Since our little excursion took longer than we anticipated, I didn't get a chance to do a regular workout. I did that particular yoga workout today because I was so sore in my lower body. It did a good job of stretching me out and I don't seem to be very sore right now.

Teacher I think I am better. We will see how tomorrow goes. :lol: I think that Hip Openers yoga workout helped me today. (again, don't tell anyone :lol:) I wouldn't dare want to give any credit to yoga since I hate it so badly. ;) I hope you feel better. Have you done the water walking workout before? It sounds interesting. I have never heard of that before.

Diana3271
07-08-2013, 08:37 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Beginners from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
07-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Hey ladies!

Hope that you're well.

You've both been doing so well with working out and I'm joining you starting today. It's amazing how one off meal for me (pizza over 2 weeks ago) REALLY throws me off for a long time. I'm back to tracking everything and TF.

Take care and thanks for putting up with me :)

Diana3271
07-08-2013, 02:55 PM

I have some not so good results to share. Whatever I have been doing is not working and/or is not good for me. Trying to figure it out is the challenge. I felt the angioedema coming on Saturday. Yesterday morning I woke with labored breathing and a 3.4 pound gain from overnight. Last night I increased my Benadryl. My breathing was back to normal this morning and I ONLY gained 1 more pound. That's a 4.4 pound gain of water weight in 2 days. Insane! This is not food, sodium, calorie related at all. It is obvious that it's the angioedema. This is the worst reaction that I have had since going on the regular antihistamine regimen.

Since the first of the month I have increased my weight training. In fact, since being off for the holiday, the only pure cardio that I have done is the 2 miles with Leslie on Saturday. I was really sore over the weekend, too. Since the first of the month I have done AWT or weight training. I thought about something that I read about angioedema. I keep seeing mentioned that trauma to the body can cause flare ups. They used examples like dental procedures. I would assume that weight training causes inflammation. Maybe my body sees this inflammation as a type of trauma and is reacting to it. Maybe I'm just overthinking things. I also know since hitting my weight loss goal, I have increased my weight training. I used cardio and light weights to lose weight. I would even go without doing regular weights but using "fitstix" or just weighted gloves with kickboxing. At that time I did more intense, longer cardio. Now I am doing less intense, shorter cardio sessions and using heavier weights.

Going back to the allergist isn't the answer, either. My reaction isn't really that bad. Don't get me wrong, gaining almost 5 pounds in 2 days is bad, but it's not like I have uncontrollable hives, etc. The next treatment step according to the Dr. is for him to put me on steroids. I'm not to that point, especially if I am doing something to make it worse and I can correct it.

I am seriously thinking about going back to a cardio focused routine, with 1 or 2 days a week of lower intensity weight training. Any thoughts? I obviously need to be kind to myself and keep things moderate, but I really don't know what else to do. What I have been doing since the first of the month (last week) is not the answer and not good for me.

ETA: I am really trying to figure this thing out, but the angioedema flare up could just be a coincidence. I don't know and I am at my whit's end with this whole thing. Could there be a correlation between my change in workout routine and the severity of my angioedema flare up?

Laura Hi :wave: It's good to see you check-in. Hang in there. We are here for you and totally understand the struggles. :hug:

teacher1
07-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Laura- I'm with you on the struggle on eating.. I'm on plan for a few days then slide into higher calorie meals. I'm hoping to make some progress with my DH gone for 12 days. Hang in there.

Diana- I didn't make it the the water walk class this morning. My mom had to get an emergency root canal. I've done the class once before. It's walking laps around the lazy river. It's a good workout. I'm really not sure what the answer to your problem. I know that weight training can cause a slight increase in weight in some people but I heard then the body adjusts. This whole weight loss and other health issues can be super tricky. I know some meds can increase your appetite. Have you been more hungry?

today- swimming at my parent's house & tonight 1 hour pilates ymca

Diana3271
07-08-2013, 06:20 PM

Check-In:
Kathy Smith's Project You Fat Burning: Long Lean (cardio)
Leslie Sansone's Blue Mile
Tamilee Webb Standing Stretch

Teacher I hope your Mom is doing OK from the root canal. Those are bad. This came on since Saturday. It is definitely the Angioedema, since I have all the symptoms. I literally gained almost 5 pounds that quickly. No change in food or medicine, etc. Still 100% on plan and counting my calories. I got really sore this weekend. I think the problem was that I was doing a variety of weight training workouts and very little cardio. My only thought is that my body viewed it as trauma and reacted to it. Who knows. I am going to try to focus on cardio for the next few days. After that I will start back with weights. I will probably lower my weights, too.

TurboLaura
07-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Diana - wow. your labored breathing sounds VERY scary. wow. Seeing the allergist again is a great idea. Perhaps they should see you when your symptoms are most acute? Perhaps keep up the TF, I know you love it. I really wish that she would make some more TF workouts. There is actually the new T focus 25 program out too.

Teacher - hope that you're mom is ok!! Nice workouts...hang in there with your hubby being away. 12 days will hopefully fly!

Fire 55 for me today :) YAY!

TurboLaura
07-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Hey ladies,

Just wanted to let you know that I'M SO SORE tonight! Fire 55 is great and it's been a while..................................... a good sore, though! :cheer:

Take care

Diana3271
07-09-2013, 08:30 AM

Last night I added on:
Breathing Exercises to Calm the Mind from Yoga for Stress Relief

Laura Great job on the TF!

Have a great day!

Diana3271
07-09-2013, 08:44 AM
A friend emailed me this link. She knows how much I love animals. Our pets have such a hard life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRgQaOOZRo4

TurboLaura
07-09-2013, 04:54 PM
:wave: everyone!

Adorable video, Diana! I love all animals but love dogs the most :)

Fire 60 today is done! :cheer2:

Diana3271
07-09-2013, 05:55 PM

Check-In:
Leslie Sansone Yellow Mile

Laura Do you have any special Summer plans?

Teacher Do you find it easier or harder to stick with your food plan with your DH away?

teacher1
07-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Laura- hi

Diana- yes, it's easier at home since he's gone. But today I went to lunch with a friend for Chinese so that wasn't a good choice. I'm all over the place.

It's soooo hot here!!!

today- aqua body design ymca- it's a cardio and weights class

teacher1
07-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Diana- I love the sleeping animals!!!!

Diana3271
07-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Diana- I love the sleeping animals!!!!

Aren't they cute? I am not a cat person, but I loved how the Mama cat cuddled her baby. Did you see that? All of those poor sleepy puppies. They have such a hard life. :lol:

Teacher All the aqua classes sound fun to me. Try to stay cool. Did the landscaping help with the drainage issues?

TurboLaura
07-09-2013, 09:49 PM
GREAT workouts, ladies!

Diana - it was amazing how the mommy took her baby :)

We actually have a vacation planned for Maui in August!! Have to get the pounds off AGAIN.

teacher1
07-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Diana- I did see the cute kitty and mommy moment. I'm more of a dog person too.

Laura- Maui is so beautiful. I live on Oahu for 5 years and went to Maui a few times. It will to be so much fun for you!!!

I really liked this water class tonight. The only thing is the lady played all rock and roll music. I mean 1 or 2 rock songs is okay but I like to have some more current music. That's just me being picky. I'm trying a different class tomorrow with a different teacher.

Diana3271
07-10-2013, 08:21 AM

Last night I added on: Good Nights Sleep from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
07-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Hey ladies!!

Nice workouts :). Teacher, I know what you mean about the music - it's so important to have great music. I bet it was still a good workout! That's so cool that you lived on oahu for 5 years :jealous: i remember you mentioned that when I went to Oahu last year!!

Diana - hope that you're well!!

Today-- fire 45 and Lower 20!

Diana3271
07-10-2013, 10:09 PM

Check-In:
Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves

Teacher How was your class today?

Laura Great combo for you. How many days a week are you using weights?

teacher1
07-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Today's water class was sooo great! By far my favorite. It was Water Tabata – Intense interval training. The teacher was who I used to take most of my zumba classes. So she has great music and is very intense. I'm going back next Wed :) I wish she taught more outside water classes.

today- water tabata 1 hour ymca

Diana3271
07-11-2013, 08:17 AM

Last night I added on: Energy Balancing Yoga Practice from Quick Start Yoga For Weight Loss

I will be back later.

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
07-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Hey!!! :wave:

Diana - 2-3 times a week usually works for me for strength training. I'm going to make sure I do TF lower, tone or sculpt each time as my lower body is my larger area! ;)

Teacher - hope that you're having a good day! Any travel plans coming up?

Fire 45 today with 3 women from school. Awesome working out with them :)

Diana3271
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM

Check-In: All 5 Miles from Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan

Teacher Tabata training is tough. I have never hear of it being incorporated with water aerobics. Sounds awesome!

Laura Are you still at school working?

teacher1
07-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- hi

Laura- we went to Disney at the end of May but no other travel plans :( I'm hoping that DH job slows down maybe we can plan a long weekend away in the Fall.

today- ymca river run/walk 45 min

Diana3271
07-11-2013, 11:07 PM

Check-In: All 5 Miles from Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan

Laura :wave:

Teacher I hope your DH is able to take a break so you can get away. Being busy at work is good, but sometimes it gets in the way of life.

Diana3271
07-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :woohoo:

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

Diana3271
07-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In:
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees (did this one before I got ready for work )
KCM's 30 MTF TLC (both workouts premix) w/weighted gloves
Tamilee Webb Total Stretch for Beginners (standing)

teacher1
07-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Diana- great workout!!!

Laura- hi

today- ymca aqua zumba 45 min- the hip did great but it was a very gentle class. The teacher was nice but not very intense so I won't be going back to that class. I'm going to try another aqua zumba class tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be more of a workout.

TurboLaura
07-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Hey ladies!!

Fire 45 ez for me. Felt exhausted and too hungry and cor the first time took my weighted gloves off for a few minutes, felt guilty and ghrew them back on :)

Nice workouts, ladies. Teacher, sorry that you're class wasn't intense enough.

Diana- nope, out of school but the 4 of us got together to catch up and workout :)

Happy friday :dance:

Diana3271
07-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Weekend! :carrot:

Last night I added on: Deep Rest from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!

teacher1
07-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Hi ladies! Have a great weekend.

Laura- way to push through

Diana- when's the puppy come home?

Well, the hip started hurting last night from even the gentle aqua zumba :( So resting today. But I did drop 4 pounds this week :)

today- rest

TurboLaura
07-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Teacher - WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 pounds!! :cheer:

Hiit 25, sculpt 30 and abs 10 today...Great workout day :)

Diana - :wave:

Diana3271
07-13-2013, 10:54 PM

Check-In:
Gentle Wake Up From AM PM Yoga for Beginners
Mimi Solaire's Deep Stretch Neck and Shoulders
TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

Teacher We are getting "Cody" the last weekend of the month. :D Congrats on the 4 pounds!

Laura Great combo today!

Diana3271
07-14-2013, 09:35 AM

Last Night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Today I will take a rest day. We will be driving down to Myrtle Beach to go to a fondue restaurant. This is one of the things on my bucket list that I want to do in my lifetime. :lol: I decided to do this for my birthday this year. My birthday isn't until this week, but we can't drive that far during the work week.

I haven't completely lost all the water weight from my crazy reaction last week. I am still up but it's less than a pound. TTOM is getting ready to start that's partly the reason I haven't lost any more. I will be faced with that and I'm sure I will have a sodium gain from the food today.

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
07-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Diana- enjoy your trip. Is the restaurant called the Melting Pot? The Melting Pot is in Kansas City around here and I'd love to try it someday.

Laura- how's the weekend going?

Today- rest... the hip is much better but I'm resting one more day to be safe and plus it's raining and yucky here today.

TurboLaura
07-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Hey ladies!

Diana a how was your ride and dinner? Happy early birthday!!!

Teacher - glad that your hip is feeling better. :)

Took sunday off for my rest day. Fire 60 and lower 20 today. Saddened to weight 169 today, was hoping for 165. Not sure how much i can lose becore Maui but will do my best to workout very hard and eat on plan 100%. Feeling nervous......

Diana3271
07-15-2013, 06:24 PM

Check-In: JM Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

Laura I forgot, when do you leave for Maui? Keep working your plan and don't stress about it. The stress seems to make it all worse. It's a vicious cycle.

Teacher Yes, we went to the Melting Pot!

I knew I wanted to go to the Melting Pot for my birthday, so I signed up for their emails and birthday club. I got an email stating that if you come in during your birthday they will give you 6 handmade chocolate covered strawberries. You have to call and make reservations in advance since they make them as needed. I called in our reservation and told them it was my birthday. I was concerned about them singing, etc. He said no they don't do that. I was relieved. When we got there, they had a birthday card on the table. Of course they do that for everyone but it was very nice. The waiter was spot on with everything. This Melting Pot has received a lot of awards, etc. and is rated as one of the best restaurants in SC. Initially I was concerned about the cheese, since DH doesn't like Swiss. The waiter said the Swiss has a very distinctive Swiss flavor, so I knew that wasn't the best one for us. I had heard good reviews about the spinach artichoke and the waiter recommended this one but my DH doesn't like artichokes, LOL. We chose the cheddar and it was the best choice for us. They brought out fresh, raw veggies, 3 different types of cubed bread, and granny smith apples. We chose the combo meal that had filet, chicken breast, shrimp, mushroom/pasta pouches, and lobster. We chose the Coq Au Vin to cook in, which is red wine and herbs. If I had it to do over, I would probably get the Mojo. The Coq Au Vin had a great flavor but it imparts the red color to the food. Also, if I had it to do over, I would not order chicken. I am funny about chicken and DH almost touched it one time. It made me nervous. Everything was cooked long enough, but the chicken had the pink color from the wine. Again, everything had excellent flavor and it was done, but there was just an uneasiness about it. The lobster was the best that we have ever had. The veggies were potatoes, broccoli and portabella mushrooms. We chose the snickers chocolate for dessert. It was crunchy peanut butter, milk chocolate, and caramel. They brought us rice crispy treats, strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, pound cake, brownies, oreo covered marshmallows, coconut covered marshmallows. It was freakin' awesome! As we were getting ready to leave they brought out the box of chocolate covered strawberries. They are in 2's, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate. The food and service were both excellent and I would do it again. I just made note about the things that I would do differently in case you decide to go and you would have a heads up before hand.

teacher1
07-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Diana- thank you for your description. Ahhh, it sounds so yummy. I've seen various friends post pics on FB. I hope to someday eat there. That sounded like a perfect bday celebration! When is your big day?

Laura- I hear you with being frustrated. I drop 4 pounds and then the scale stays the same for 3 days. I know part of the 4 pounds was water weight from unhealthy eating. It just messes with my mind.

I finally organized all my school stuff- only took 2 years to get motivated to go through everything. It's my big project while my DH is gone. He'll get back Friday :)

today- hydrobox 45 min- water kicking boxing... it was raining so class was inside. I normally can't do inside pools with my asthma but it was in the lap pool which is much cooler. It was just okay.... some kickboxing moves I liked but the teacher was very intense.

Diana3271
07-16-2013, 08:06 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga For Stress Relief

Teacher Tomorrow is the big day. :D I am amazed at the water classes you have there. I have never heard of them before. I think only a few gyms around here even have a pool.

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
07-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Hey ladies!

Hope that you're all well today.

Diana - wow does your meal sound yummy! We have a melting pot near me but I haven't tried it yet.....now I can't wait :). What day is your bday?

Teacher - thank you. Nice workout :). Wow, water kickboxing!

28 until our vacation, which I'm so excited for, but my shorts need to fit comfortably! Honestly, my core feels tight and Im having great workouts so I'm surprised Im 167 today, but I'm happy with a 2 pound loss from yesterday. I'm going to focus on healthy on plan eating and hard workouts 6 days a week. Goal is for 10-12 pounds by our vaca. Thanks for listening :)

Fire 60 and sculpt 30 today.

Diana3271
07-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Check-In: Leslie Sansone 4 Mile Power Walk

Laura Congrats on the 2 pounds! Tomorrow is my birthday. :D

Teacher How is your hip from the more intense class yesterday?

teacher1
07-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Diana- the hip doing pretty good.. a little sore but not too bad. You have the same bday as my DH :) Fun!!! Yes, there are lots of cool water classes & now I've tried them all. I'm just proud of myself for finally going. I've wanted to try them the last 2 summers and finally got the courage.

Laura- good luck on your vacation goal :)

today- ymca aqua body design- cardio and strength class 1 hour

Diana3271
07-16-2013, 10:37 PM
You have the same bday as my DH :) Fun!!! Yes, there are lots of cool water classes & now I've tried them all. I'm just proud of myself for finally going. I've wanted to try them the last 2 summers and finally got the courage.

I have never known anyone to have my same birthday! I am proud of you for stepping outside your comfort zone. :bravo:

Diana3271
07-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Good Morning Everyone! :wave:

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
07-17-2013, 02:06 PM
:cheer2: happy birthday, Diana!! :cheer2: :celebrate: :woohoo:
Don't work too hard on your special day!!

Teacher: :wave: how's you doggy feeling? Love the dound of those water classes.

Fire 45 ez done and will do core 20 tonight!

Take care, ladies!

Diana3271
07-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Cathe's Kick Max w/weighted gloves

Laura Thank you for the birthday wishes! :D You are doing great with the combo workouts.

Teacher :wave:

teacher1
07-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Diana-:bday2you::balloons::woo: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Have a great day!

Laura- :) Hi. My dog is still on medicine but feeling much better. He goes back in Oct. for another test to see if it's all cleared up.

today- water tabata ymca 1 hour

Diana3271
07-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Teacher Thank you for the birthday wishes! I am so glad the pup is feeling better. Excellent job on the 1 hour water Tabata class! Is this the instructor that you like?

teacher1
07-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Diana- yes, it's was with my favorite teacher. She's so intense and motivating. Her classes are always packed :)

Diana3271
07-18-2013, 08:31 AM

Last night I added on:
7 Minute premix from Strong Knees
Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
07-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Hey ladies :)

Diana - I hope that you enjoyed your birthday!
Teacher - awesome sounding classes :). Glad that your boy's feeling better :carrot: I'm also adding water to each meal and taking him outside more frequently to try to reduce crystals and bacteria in his bladder. Infection free for 2 months :)

Happy to weigh in at 165 today :cheer:
Fire 30 and tone 30 today!

teacher1
07-18-2013, 04:30 PM
laura- great news!!!!!

Diana- hi

today- ymca water walk 45 min

Diana3271
07-18-2013, 06:41 PM

Check-In: KCM's 30 MTF Cardio Quick Fix (both workouts)

Laura Good job on your weigh in and hard work!

Teacher Tomorrow is the big day right, your DH gets back from his trip?

Diana3271
07-19-2013, 07:08 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: I hope you have a great weekend!

Last night I added on:
Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!

teacher1
07-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Diana- today is the day :) My DH will get in around 5:00pm if his flights are on time.

Laura- hi :)

today- swimming at my parent's house

Diana3271
07-19-2013, 11:12 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

Loved doing TF today!

Teacher I hope your DH arrived home safely and on time. Enjoy the weekend.

Laura :wave:

TurboLaura
07-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Hey ladies!!

Hope that you're well.

Teacher - welcome home to your husband :)
Diana - :wave:

Rest day for me today. My mom came for a visit. Which was great - it's been forever since she has been able to drive down :).

Diana3271
07-20-2013, 08:16 AM

Last night I added on:
Easing Neck and Shoulder Tension from Yoga for Stress Relief

I will be back later!

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
07-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Hey ladies!

Fire 55 ez today! Large family party this afternoon with lots of unhealthy foods to resist, but I can do it :)

Take care and happy Saturday :)

teacher1
07-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Laura- have a fun family party... how's your mom feeling?

Diana- he's home on time but no luggage. We're going to pick it up today.

Down 2 pounds this week. It's weird last week my food wasn't perfect but dropped 4 pounds and this week perfect food tracking and only 2. I know how it goes and I drop slowly but it still messes with my head.

Diana3271
07-20-2013, 09:15 PM

Check-In:
The Firm Ultimate Fat Burning Workout w/#5's
Leslie Sansone Red Mile

Laura Have fun at the party! Wishing you luck with the temptation.

Teacher Congrats on the 2 pounds! :carrot:

Diana3271
07-21-2013, 10:24 AM

I have finally lost all the water weight from that crazy angioedema flare up and then the gain I had from my birthday! :carrot:

Last night I added on: Deep Rest from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!

teacher1
07-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Diana- congrats on dropping the water weight!!!

Laura- how's the party go?

today- nothing... took my little brother to the movies

TurboLaura
07-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Hey ladies!

Hope that you're well.

Diana - UGH to water weight! Are you feeling well?

Teacher - 2 pounds is great - but I know what you mean about the scale not always doing what we expect!

the party......started off so well.....but then I ate about 10 cookies and far too many potato chips. It sucks because there was NOTHING to eat (I should have taken a protein bar) and everyone, even my hubby and sister in law who has just lost 40 pounds was saying..."come on just eat it" . I love them, but it makes it tougher when I look crazy for resisting so hard. Totally on track today and FIRE 45 done. Very low carb for sure today!

Diana - thought of you today as we booked a day trip to Martha's Vineyard! I believe that you said it's on your list?? :)

Diana3271
07-21-2013, 09:44 PM

Check-In:
Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week - Twists

Teacher What movie did you see? I hope it was a good one.

Laura Yes, Martha's Vineyard is on my bucket list of things to do. Where are you staying and what are your plans? I know someone that went a couple of years ago. She brought me some brochures, but she didn't really do anything herself. She stayed with family. It's hard to know what's best from brochures, LOL.

Diana3271
07-22-2013, 08:04 AM

Last night I added on: Good Nights Sleep from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
07-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Hi ladies!

Fire 55 ez for today :)

Martha's Vineyard is lovely and we dont stay the night because the ferry is drivabale for us! However, Harbor View and Harbor Side are considered the 2 best hotels on the island. It's such a quaint island and soooooo New England :). The beaches are great, nice restaurants and shopping. What's great is you can take your car on the ferry to be able to drive around the island!

Teacher - :wave:

Happy Monday :)

teacher1
07-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Diana- We saw Despicable Me 2 and is was really cute.

Laura- sounds like a fun trip

today- elip 30 min... hoping rain doesn't mess with my outside aqua classes this week

Diana3271
07-22-2013, 09:44 PM

Check-In: Leslie Sansone 5 Miles from Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan

Laura Good job on the TF 55! I look forward to going there one day. I forgot, when are you going?

Teacher UGH! On the rain! We have had rain just about every day. I hope it doesn't mess with your plans.

Diana3271
07-23-2013, 08:05 AM

Last night I added on: Energy Balancing Yoga Practice from Quick Start Yoga for Weight Loss

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
07-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Hi ladies :)

today- elip 30 min & 30 min treadmill

Diana3271
07-23-2013, 06:07 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

Teacher Great job on the combo workout!

Laura I was looking at the hotel/Inn website in Martha's Vineyard today. I printed out some info. Got it on my bucket list! :D

TurboLaura
07-24-2013, 01:16 AM
Hello :wave:

Teacher - nice workouts :bravo:

Diana - very cool about the hotel information!! You'll get there :). I just love traveling and have so many places that I want to see and experience. Italy, Grand Canyon, Australia, Montana to name a few!

Today - fire 30 and sculpt 30.

Diana3271
07-24-2013, 08:26 AM

Last night I added on:
Short Menstruation Practice from Yoga for Inflexible People
I listened to a track from PM Yoga Meditations

Enjoy your day!

TurboLaura
07-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Hello!

Diana - are you enjoying yoga more now?

Teacher - hi!!!!

Fire 45 ez and core 20 today.

teacher1
07-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Hi ladies

today- ymca water tabata 1 hour

Diana3271
07-24-2013, 09:12 PM

Check-In:
Les Mills Sports Attack (it was great fun working out this these guys today! )
2 Mile Power Express from Leslie Sansone's 4 Mile Power Walk

Laura Good job on your combo workout, today. Nope still don't like yoga! :rofl: I will say this, I didn't do the yoga one or two nights and I didn't sleep as well those nights. Maybe it was a coincidence. The other thing is that the only yoga instructor that I can do at night is Barbara Benagh. Her practices are very calming and closer to being meditative like. Other instructors and their practices are too active and stimulating for me. I don't need that before bed.

Teacher How did you like the Tabata workout today? Do you think there has been any improvement with your hip over the Summer?

TurboLaura
07-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Hey lovely ladies!

I felt exhausted working out last night so I may sub a Turbo Jam instead of TF today for cardio. Will also do tone 30.

Teacher - cool workout!
Diana - great job sticking with yoga, even though it's not your favorite :)

teacher1
07-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Hi ladies-

Diana- I think the hip is getting a little better and I'm learning to adjust to it. Yesterday's workout had lots of kicking and my hip hurt last night so I'm resting today. I'd like to step up the intensity and do my TF, TJ, zumba, and turbokick but those will have to wait. I'm need to do more cycling, pilates, and yoga which I've been slacking in since doing more outside water classes.

TOM is here and I'm so hungry. I'm not eating perfect but pretty good. Also, I've been consistently tracking calories for 3 weeks now which is good for me. I normally start and then get lazy. The scale said 202.8 this morning, we'll see what it says Saturday. I'll getting so close to onederland, I can almost reach it.

today- resting and stretching

side note- my carpets are getting clean and I love that the floors will be all cleaned and I didn't have to do it. I hate house cleaning. :)

teacher1
07-25-2013, 06:43 PM
changed my mind and did a workout

Diana3271
07-25-2013, 09:49 PM

Check-In: Kimberly Spreen Cardio Camp Workout

Teacher You are so close to Onederland! :carrot: Good job getting that workout in!

Laura HI :wave:

Diana3271
07-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Good Morning! :wave: TGIF! :yay: I hope you have a great weekend!

Last night I added on:
PM Breathwork from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Enjoy your day!

TurboLaura
07-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Hello!

Teacher - you're sooooooo close :)!!! Keep it up- tracking is a great tool :). Have you tried my fitness pal?

Diana - hope that you're well!

Fire 55 ez for me today. Annoyed to have only lost 1 pound this week. I have to stop daily weigh ins because it
'S making me obsessed and I've started weighing 4-5 times a day......yikes. 1 time per week from now on. Almost into my board shorts comfortably for paddleboard and snorkling in Hawaii! 2 weeks to go so I know I will do it!

teacher1
07-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Diana- thanks! Is your puppy coming home soon? I thought you said around the end of the month

Laura- I use Daily Burn which is similar to fitness pal. It has an app which is helpful which I'm sure fitness pal also has. You're so close to your wonderful vacation. I'm with you on being scale happy.

today- swimming at my parent's house * added elip 30 min

Diana3271
07-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Check-In: Online workout with Kardio Kim June workout http://kardiokim.com/kickbox-1-hour-2013-jun

Laura Good job with the board shorts. You will do it!

Teacher Thank you for asking! Tomorrow is puppy day! :yay: And I become a new Mama! :dance:

I am starting to get scared though. We have not had the inconveniences that come with having a pet for the last two years. I hate saying inconveniences, etc, but you know what I mean. I have been very excited, though and looking forward to it. I am scared something is going to happen, scared of this, scared of that, blah, blah, blah!

Diana3271
07-27-2013, 08:15 AM

I won't be able to do a workout today since we will be traveling to pick up our new puppy.

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
07-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Good morning!

Diana!! :cheer: welcome to your new baby!!! :cheer: Cody, right? Oh how exciting :). He must be such a love.

Teacher - that sounds like a great app! I also have been tracking and it really keeps me in check!

Fire 30 or 45 today with core 20. Teeny tiny board shorts almost comfortable :)

teacher1
07-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Laura- you'll be running all around the beach in those board shorts in no time. :)

Diana- congrats on puppy day :) It's always a little scary to start a new adventure but I'm sure you'll love it. You'll be real busy settling into your new schedule.

I was 202.8 so only really dropped a pound this week.

today- rest.... family hang out day.

Diana3271
07-28-2013, 01:08 AM
Hi Everyone! We're back home with Cody! They were working with him and he's already retrieving. I will post some pictures as soon as I take some. Heading off to bed now. It was a long day of driving.

TurboLaura
07-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Hey ladies!

Thank you for your kind words, Teacher! 2 weeks and the bathing suit/shorts should be comfy!

Diana - how's the baby????

Ended up painting all day yesterday so I took Sat as my 1 day off. Core 20 and Fire 30 today!

teacher1
07-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Diana- wow, is Cody going to help hunting? I'm sure you're so excited and tired..a new furbaby is great :)

Laura- painting... are you going to sell your house? I know you were thinking about it

today- home yoga video

Diana3271
07-28-2013, 09:42 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

Cody is doing great! Of course I am worried that:
He is going to get sick.
I am going to accidentally make him sick.
He is going to get hurt.
I am going to accidentally hurt him.
I am going to accidentally kill him some how.

More worry and stress, LOL.

Laura Painting is hard work and great exercise.

Teacher Cody will point and retrieve birds when my DH goes hunting. Good job on the yoga workout.

Diana3271
07-29-2013, 08:19 AM

Last night I added on:
Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Question of the day: Who's idea was it to get a puppy? :rofl:
Next Question: Why does Cody have the energy of a rat on acid? :rofl:

Have a great day!

teacher1
07-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Diana- you're cracking me up!!! You're a nervous mom just like I was with my first puppy. Ahhh, puppies have so much energy. I thought that I should have named my boxer, Turbo when he was a puppy. He would be non stop and then drop for a full blown nap. It was 2 levels- racing and sleeping. Now that he's 5 years old he's such a chill dog. Is he going to work with you or staying home?

Laura- hi

today- elip 30 min & treadmill 30

Diana3271
07-29-2013, 09:13 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 55 EZ

Teacher DH and I are self employed, so we all went to work today. Although, I didn't get there until noon! Not used to having to tend to something else beside myself. I took him out quite a few times this morning and walked him around. I can tell when he has to go out. He hasn't pooped in the house at all. He did pp in the house a couple of times yesterday but not today. Ha Ha I like the name Turbo! I can relate. Yes, they have 2 modes, totally passed out and wired 220! Good job on your workout today.

Laura Hi :wave:

Diana3271
07-30-2013, 08:25 AM

Have a great day!

teacher1
07-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Hi ladies :)

I hope everyone is having a great day!!! It's rainy and cloudy here. We're over all the rain. Only a little time left in our summer. My sister heads to college next Tues and my brother goes back to school 8/21. The district I sub in starts 8/14. I'm really hoping it clears up so I can head back to the ymca outdoor classes (they keep closing the waterpark).

today- swimming at my parent's house... the water was cold and it's cloudy but trying to enjoy these last 2- 3 weeks of summer :)

TurboLaura
07-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Hey ladies!

Diana - Your worries sound very normal to me :) I'm sure that you're more comfortable with Cody already. He must be SOOOO cute!!

Teacher - hope that the weather clears for you soon :D

2 weeks until Maui! Excited and stressed about my weight and clothing fitting correctly.

We are still thinking about moving, yes, and getting our house into shape. We also had our hardwoods refinished this week, where I normally work out - so I will be heading into my hubby gym (our basement) for Combat tonight.
Combat 30 and Abs 10 right now!

Diana3271
07-30-2013, 11:27 PM

Check-In: Leslie Sansone Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan

Our schedules are all messed up due to the new addition (Cody). It takes time to adjust. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Here are some observations. This applies to all babies (two and four legged varieties) :lol:

A baby interprets No No as Yes Yes and a second No No = Extra Super Duper Fun!

The actual definition of a baby is: a eating, drinking, pooping, peeing living thing.

Diana3271
07-31-2013, 05:00 PM

Check-In: Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing w/#1 hand weights.

Yesterday that cute little baby that we just got turned into a evil little Tasmanian devil. That little thing picked up my DH's size 16 leather work boot and ran through the house with it. He went to the bathroom and got the XL bath mat and ran through the house with it. I don't know what got into him unless that's just part of him growing up. I don't remember Magnum doing that sort of stuff. (maybe I blocked that part out, LOL) Magnum did other destructive things, LOL. Anyways, Cody is back to being a cute little baby today. Maybe he changes at night, LOL. I didn't do any yoga last night. I just crashed!

I hope you had a great day!

Diana3271
07-31-2013, 05:02 PM
Getting us started: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/285547-august-2013-turbo-fire-more-check-all-types-workouts-welcome-here.html

teacher1
07-31-2013, 05:12 PM
Diana- oh puppies are soooo cute but it's calmer around 3-4 years. My furkids are 4 and 5 years old and do pretty good but they still have their naughty moments. I guess that's part of growing up :) I'm sure you'll settle into a routine soon. Sorry, but these puppy stories are cracking me up :)

Laura- hi

today- swimming at my parent's house & tonight ymca water tabata... the sun is back :)

TurboLaura
07-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Hey ladies!

Diana - My Sheldon, who is really the perfect dog (yes I'm biased!!) was an absolute maniac as a puppy! Always a sweetheart, like all babies, but his energy was WOWZA! He's chilled around 10 months. He's my little man. :) My 4 and 6 year olds will still sometimes pick up a shoe or something strange and tear *** around the house...so silly! BTW - babies are babies, I agree!

Teacher - yay for the good weather!

Not sure what workout for tonight! Feeling antsy with TF - LOVE it but have been doing only TF for about 3-4 months. May do a combat or insanity tonight. REALLY need a change :)

TurboLaura
07-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Hey again! Ended up doing 15 min on the stair master, 5 minutes of jump rope and squats and TJ lower body jam. The rainbow lunges were in this workout, Diana!!!

Diana3271
07-31-2013, 10:10 PM
Sorry, but these puppy stories are cracking me up :)

LOL It is funny! Last night I was laughing until I was crying. For a brief moment I was really crying. I was thinking OMG! What have we gotten ourselves into! :rofl: