Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - July 2013 - Everyone Welcome!

Diana3271
06-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

qtkitty
06-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Today was meh... I did not keep the 801010 percentages, but kept it vegan gluten free and dairy free. Sodium was way up today, canned spaghetti sauce. I also did not meet the calorie intake. All in all not bad started TOM today, which explains why I was prowling the store for chocolate. Which I found chocolate rice crispies which were gluten and dairy free. My daughter and I both enjoyed them this morning although mine was with coconut milk.

I did not get the cleaning done I was planning today, cranky 5 year old derailed that plan. Although I did end up cleaning my room. Darn Styrofoam packing peanuts. And in the hands of a kid. Oh the humanity. Crumbled all over. SIGHS!

The good news the stuff in the box with the Styrofoam was some all natural facial product trials. So after cleaning up I got to wash my face and put on some moisturiser. Oh yeah. So yummy and the moisturiser had a light relaxing smell that lasted for awhile after.

I also got raw shea butter and coconut oil, so my daughter got shea butter and argan oil messaged into her skin this morning. And coconut oil on her feet. She was a bit more sensible after that. Ok so morning as in 10:30am and we hadn't made it downstairs for breakfast. I had been working on getting her downstairs since 7 am. Yeah that's how today went.

Mamakat~ are you allergic to gluten or is it all grains? I have been trying out different gluten free pastas. Wondered if you have found a nice one?

IanG
06-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Hi Diana.

My name is Ian.

I'm here to bust it up.

I am expecting a big whoosh tomorrow.

And I like to stay accountable to help me reach my goal.

Because the only control we have in life is that over our own decisions...

Diana3271
06-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Because the only control we have in life is that over our own decisions...

Nice to meet you, Ian! ;) Ain't that the truth! The other thing is that we cannot control other peoples actions, just our reactions. These are all things I need to work on.

Did I ever mention I am a work in progress? :rofl:

Hi Qtkitty :wave:

IanG
06-29-2013, 10:10 PM
The other thing is that we cannot control other peoples actions, just our reactions.

Thanks Diana. I need to work on that!

novangel
06-29-2013, 11:01 PM
New month wooooot! :carrot:

At least I'm off to a good head start. 3.5 miles today, I wanted to go to 4 but I was pressed for time.

I'm also here to bust it up. (Good one, Ian)

Not much else to report other than the weather needs to get its act together and behave more like summer. So far it's rain, rain, gloom and rain. I need pool-side time!

Let's have a productive July, everyone! :)

alaskanlaughter
06-29-2013, 11:30 PM
im sooooo tired today :( we painted a bit on the fence but really need to find a paint sprayer as ours doesn't or wont work....it makes a buzzing noise when you turn it on, instead of actually spraying paint....any idea what that is about?

lilmisschattabox
06-30-2013, 03:13 AM
Diana omg a puppy!?!? What are you getting??? Puppies make every day better :D

Okay weekend, worked too much and ate too late because of a late night call out which I don't like to do... but at least it was stir fry and not takeway!!

Have a good first day of July whenever you reach it :) I'm going to kick weight loss butt this month!!

mamakat
06-30-2013, 07:51 AM
Good Sunday Morning Everyone,

I am .8 away from my 100 lbs mark. This week I have really worked hard on getting the added pounds off. I am glad I never touched my ticker because I couldn't remember my last recorded lowest weight...a nice goal to reach again. It's actually one pound more than I'm reaching for now, so I'll add it in and won't color until I reach it.

I'm taking a day off, I have so many blisters, I thought I should give them a break. I'll do laundry and type instead.

Diana yay on the puppy. I'm happy for you. I think now is a good time. I want to see pics.

qtkitty I have Celiac's which is intolerance to gluten that of course on most grains. I can eat gluten free foods but choose to stay away from carbs or processed foods (minus atkins bar). I am on a very low carb diet...it's the only way of eating that makes me feel good, but I never recommend it to others. It's strict and the only some days being gluten intolerant is how I talk myself out of eating carbs...no, that's not good for you. :p then I move on...most days :lol: I've tried pastas and breads, in the past, I haven't found anything worth the carb. Maybe when I reach goal, but for now I stick to no more than 60grams of carbs a day and some days not even that much.

I hope everyone has a successful month! Keep busting it up. (winks to Ian)

Diana3271
06-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on:
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Twists section from AM Yoga for You Week w/Rodney Yee

Calories for yesterday: 2095 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 158.8
Up: .6

I think the heavier food last night made the blip up. I probably ate around a maintenance range.

Alaskanlaughter Could the paint sprayer be clogged with dry paint? Maybe run some paint thinner through it.

Mamakat Keep working it and pushing through. The people we are getting the puppy from emailed us a picture, but it's a close up. I know it has a huge nose! :rofl: At that time they were only 2 weeks. They all look the same, like baby moles.

Qtkitty :wave:

lilmisschattabox We are getting a Boykin Spaniel. It is the SC state dog.

I have mentioned this many times here (I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing about it :lol: ). I lost my Dad, then my dog Magnum, then last year I lost my Mom. I was so scared to get another dog. I just couldn't deal with it. I do not recall a time in my life that I didn't have a dog. DH does not recall a time in his life that he didn't have a dog either. Of course that means we, as a married couple have always had a dog. It about killed both of us to have Magnum put down. We did the right thing for him. It literally makes me want to cry right now thinking about it. :cry: Anyways DH and I have been talking about a dog for a while now. We could not agree on anything. He wants a dog that he can take bird hunting. I want a smaller dog. We have always had labs and they are bigger. If we have a dog for 15 years DH is going to be well into his 60's. We don't need to be trying to lift a 80 or 100+ pound dog if they get sick, etc. So we had our talks, arguments and negotiations and settled on a Boykin Spaniel. Two months ago, I got the urge again to be a Doggie Mama (I don't think that even sounds right, :rofl:). We started looking for a Boykin and had major problems finding a breeder that wasn't like a "puppy mill". We are looking for a good healthy dog, that comes from good hunting stock, etc. We found a breeder we liked and she had a litter. One puppy was not spoken for but she still had to get into contact with someone on her list. That person wanted the last puppy. This breeder referred me to another person. My DH talked with this man. He had a litter of puppies and one puppy left. I feel comfortable since we were referred to this person by a reputable person, but I still worry about things. I'm not sure if anyone here is familiar with what a Boykin looks like. Here's some links:
http://www.lilypadboykins.com/PHOTOS.html
http://www.lilypadboykins.com/puppies.html

Have a great day.

oxalis
06-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Good Morning All!

Man, my weight this morning .. I don't even know. I've been eating some pretty heavy, high-sodium foods the past few days, so I suppose I do know. :o

Getting past the 140's has been a pretty big challenge for me. Some time ago, there was a thread about having blocks/plateaus at certain weights that you may struggle mentally or emotionally with. I have been stuck between 138-142 for almost three months now. I think mentally I believe I'll never weigh less than that because I never have! - so I sabotage myself. I'm scared to go there because I don't know what to expect.

But tomorrow is the start of a new week AND a new month!

+ + +

Today's Weight: 142.4 (up 2.9) :tantrum:
Yesterday's Calories: 1,430
Exercise: 5-Mile run

1 glass of red wine 120
4 pizza crusts (my husband eats the pizza, I eat the crusts) approx. 200?
4 sauceless chicken wings 180
1/2 of a veggie wrap with some chips 250
2 pieces of organic pomegranate licorice 25
1.5 cups of cherries 115
homemade chili with mozzarella cheese 540

rawhideranch
06-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to forum. My name is Donna and I started the program almost 2 weeks ago. I ended up switching coaches and I'm super happy with my new one.

Feeling pretty good and I'm glad I found this forum.:carrot:

Syckgirlsfv
06-30-2013, 12:04 PM
morning! :wave::wave:

Just having some coffee right now and listening to the birds sing...it's almost 9 am here and I've got to get ready for church soon, and make breakfast. It's already in the 80's outside! We're going to have to close up the house and turn on the AC soon :hot:

Yesterday was ok foodwise...DH and I walked to a hamburger joint while we waiting for my tire rotation, since they said it would be over an hour (Saturdays are crowded because they are closed on Sunday). I just had a carne asada taco, which was 2 corn tortillas, carne asada meat, cilantro and salsa. Some CRAZY HOT hot sauce, too. It was good. Breakfast was just an SBD wrap with deli turkey, swiss, and baby spinach. I made a big salad for dinner with ground turkey, spinach, coleslaw cabbage, blue cheese crumbles, and Bolthouse Farms blue cheese dressing. 2 shots of vodka and a glass of wine...up one water pound this morning. It will come off during the week because I won't have any liquor until VEGAS! just wine. wine loves me :cheers:

Ok today:

B - I'm going to make an egg and ground turkey scramble with baby spinach, and maybe some refried beans on the side. Actually going to the gym today (ugh, no fun anymore) :lifter: I'll get back in to it. *sigh*

novangel
06-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Good Morning All!
Getting past the 140's has been a pretty big challenge for me. Some time ago, there was a thread about having blocks/plateaus at certain weights that you may struggle mentally or emotionally with. I have been stuck between 138-142 for almost three months now. I think mentally I believe I'll never weigh less than that because I never have! - so I sabotage myself. I'm scared to go there because I don't know what to expect.

For me the 150's were impossible and I can't seem to get lower than 140p w/o feeling sickly and fatigued so I just stick with the same 138-142 range. I'm a size 6 so works for me.

qtkitty
06-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Diana~ awww... I bet your excited about the puppy.... and the breed itself always seems so happy and fun. Oh and hi ;)

Mamakat~ Oh dear sorry... Yeah it's basically finding what works for your body and that's hard sometimes.

I didn't hop on the scale this morning, but doing much better food wise which makes me feel more perky. I was feeling drained yesterday. I need to go fruit shopping this evening some time.

IanG
06-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Down 2.2lbs today! WHOOSH!

Anyways:

Breakfast: 2 open raw mushroom sandwiches on low calorie bread with light mayo. Some olives. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with cockles, lettuce, tomato, corn, red onion, mushroom, nuts, hummus, and olives. Delish.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Maine Beer Company 'Lunch')

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Knee hurts so no running today. Practised my tennis serve for an hour.

qtkitty
06-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Ian~ for some reason I get let them eat cake vibe from that will have beer. Btw what is a raw mushroom sandwich (curious)

Oh and congrats on the weight loss

IanG
06-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Thanks qtkitty. It was dinner or beer for me. And I was not going to give up beer for a diet, so dinner had to go. Else the beer would have been a deal-breaker and eventually broken my diet.

The raw mushroom open sandwich is simply one slice of low calorie bread toasted, with a lite mayo spread (instead of margarine) topped with sliced mushrooms that I have peeled but not cooked. Delicious. I eat two for breakfast most days.

Psychic
06-30-2013, 08:23 PM
Yesterday's Calories: 1574
Today's Weight: 175.2

B - Whole Grain Waffles w/ Light Syrup
S - Watermelon Oreos
L - Miracle Noodles w/ Tofu, Pesto, and Olive Oil
S - Popcorn + Cheese
D - Spring Mix Salad w/ Baked Chicken + Yellow Mustard + French Fries
S - Cookies & Cream Bites
Exercise: 50 Squats and 25 minutes on Treadmill at 2.5 mph (1 mile)

Spent the day shopping with mom today, so I had fast food for lunch and accidentally ate more than I thought. However, we were shopping and walking around for 6 hours. I included 3 hours at 2 mph in MFP. I guess I'll see the results tomorrow.

Diana3271
06-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

We just got home. It was a 3 hour drive each way to go look at the puppies. They are the cutest little things. It was so funny because DH would hold a puppy and it would start whining and squirming around. I would hold the same puppy and it would fall right to sleep. It was a fun day.

Total Approx 1815 Calories
I ate my normal breakfast 395 Calories
Lunch I had a McDonalds Premium McWrap Chicken Sweet Chili (Grilled) without the sauce 320 Calories
I could not find the nutritionals for the restaurant we went to
DH and I shared a shrimp appetizer: 300 calories
Bread: 200 calories
small order Grilled Chilean sea bass 200 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories
Shared brownie 300 calories

No Exercise since we went out of town

Enjoy your evening. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

ETA: It looks like I maintained for another month. I want to lose back down to 150, but it hasn't happened, yet. I will be happy, that I at least maintained.

alaskanlaughter
06-30-2013, 11:23 PM
the entire fence is painted!! front, back, in all the nooks and crannies....DH and I and teenager and teenager's friend painted for SEVEN HOURS today with rollers and brushes....it looks amazing!! and it still could use a second coat but that will have to wait...the five gallons that we used was spendy and we'll need another five gallons or slightly less for a second coat...it was HOT, in the 70s, and despite sunblock I am yet again SUNBURNED badly - head, scalp, upper arms etc...it's supposed to rain here starting tomorrow and through the entire week so we HAD to get it done today...it's drying fast too which is nice...anyone that has me on facebook can see photos....

lilmisschattabox
07-01-2013, 03:24 AM
Diana they look like cuties! Exciting!! It's wise to work out what breed is going to suit your lifestyle before committing... too many people don't do the research! Glad you're feeling like you're ready to be a doggie mama again!!
rawhideranch :welcome2:
alaskanlaughter ouch! again! at least the fence is painted :)

;) Hi everyone else

Weighed this morning for 1st July 82.2kg (181lb) which is back to what I was before my slip ups last week so yay! Looking forward to a productive week weight loss wise! Happy July people :)

changeforme
07-01-2013, 07:44 AM
hi everyone, the visit with the in laws is done. whew. 4 days until vacation and I have a very long list of things to do before I can leave. i'm not doing a great job of logging but i'm instead focusing on trying to make good decisions and keep moving. that's the same focus i'm going to have during my trip. when I get back I can get back to logging everything. i'm keeping myself focused on the big picture - this is a bump in the road right now - not enough to derail all my efforts like it would have in the past.

hope everyone has a great Monday!

Diana3271
07-01-2013, 07:49 AM

Since we got home so late last night I wasn't able to do my yoga. I actually noticed it took me longer to fall asleep and I didn't seem to sleep as well. I'm not sure if that was from going to see the puppies or not doing the yoga. I find this very interesting. I didn't feel overly stimulated from the puppies. We also had a 3 hour drive back home, so that would have given me an opportunity to wind down. Again, very interesting. Maybe the yoga is more calming for me.

Well, my weigh in was not good this morning. I know the sodium in my dinner was higher than I normally have. Also, I didn't enough sleep last night. Today is a new day and a new month. A new opportunity to continue to work on things.

Calories for yesterday: 1815 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160
Up: 1.2 pounds

lilmisschattabox Thank you. DH and I really spent some time figuring this out for us. It seems the new breed will be a good fit for us. Something funny, DH does puppy duty, I don't! :lol: He can fall asleep any time, any where. Once I wake up, that's it for me. So based on that, he always does the night time duties. I am also hoping the new addition to our family will help me with my stress levels.

ETA: I didn't mention this, but something happened on Saturday. It had to do with the guy that was suppose to do the auction at my Mom's house. (dealing with people is a total PITA! :mad:) It really upset me and I started to flare up again from the angioedema. My gain this weekend could also be from this, but anyways. I am hoping the new dog will help me will all of this crazy stress that I keep internalizing. I could feel myself calming down and feeling joy when I was holding the puppies yesterday. I could even feel my heart swell when the mama dog (Chloe) met us at the door.

IanG I saw you post about your knees being sore. You might want to do the 7 minute knee workout that I posted. I know it has helped a lot of people on another forum, where I am a member. It will keep your knees strong, since it works the surrounding muscles.

melissacarter2013
07-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the forum and good luck

qtkitty
07-01-2013, 08:42 AM
398.4 .. back up yippie

Mom made a special dinner for me to share with them. Her idea of low sodium low fat is WAY different then mine. So way puffy this morning. I was wanting my watermelon sooo bad this morning, because I needed the hydration.

Psychic
07-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1742
Today's Weight: 175.6

B - Spinach & Asiago Bagelful + Miracle Noodles w/ Tofu & Pesto
L - Wendy's Chicken Caesar Wrap + Wendy's Caesar Side Salad + Wendy's Value Fry
S - McDonalds Sugarfree Vanilla Iced Coffee - 1/2 McDonalds Small Fry
D - Boneless Pork Chops + Sauteed Zucchini + Yellow Potatoes
S- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie + Watermelon Oreos
Exercise: At least 3 hours walking while shopping.

Katydid77
07-01-2013, 10:40 AM
You know how sometimes something isn't really big news, but to you it is??

Well today my scale reads 144.5!! I know that is only a mere half pound off the 145 I had been weighing the last two week of the month BUT it's a new low and it mentally/visually shows me that I AM making real progress.

Even though it is painful slow, it IS happening.

So, I"m a happy girl today :)

oxalis
07-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Happy Monday & Happy July All!

Ate at maintenance calories yesterday, but already losing some of the water weight. Lost only .4 lbs total in June, but not entirely upset over it; going to get to goal even if it is .4 lbs at a time.

Today's Weight: 141.1 (down 1.3)
Yesterday's Calories: 2,100
Exercise: 5-mile run

novangel - When I get around 138 I feel the same way. I guess I am going to have to get through this stage, literally, by ounces until I get used to it. (this past month I only lost .4 lbs) At least the scale is going down. :)

IanG
07-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks Diana. I will try the knee workout.

Down another 0.4lbs today which is nice.

Anyways:

Breakfast: 2 open raw mushroom sandwiches on low calorie bread with light mayo. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with chicken, egg, lettuce, tomato, corn, carrot, red onion, mushroom, cous cous, hummus, and olives. Delish.

Dinner: Will drink beer

Exercise: Knee getting better but no running today. Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Will do 1 hour lifting weights in the gym. Am playing squash tonight so I hope the knee is fully fixed by then!

JoJoP
07-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Gahhh at this rate I don't know if I'll even manage to go down 5 lbs per month during July and August =(

Afraid to weigh myself for a while because I gain a bunch of water weight before and during my time of month...gahh...

Syckgirlsfv
07-01-2013, 04:49 PM
hey all! Vegas is creeping up on me and I have not been able to get down to the 155 I wanted, but I haven't been really trying. I get under 160 and start to get comfortable...but I know there are 2 or 3 pounds of water weight due to vodka consumption over the weekend and also mid-cycle madness. :dizzy:

I was regularly weighting 174 last October, so I'm slowly making progress while maintaining that loss. this makes me happy :cb: When you don't have a lot to lose to begin with, it's harder. But my attitude towards food has changed back to what it was when I got down to 148, so I know it will come. :cool:

B - SBD wrap, 1 egg, light cheddar, 2 turkey bacon
S - string cheese
L - salad with 3 buffalo wings cut up in to it and crumbled blue cheese, light olive oil vinaigrette
S - don't have a pm snack
D - going to cook chicken breast in my pressure cooker with some mushrooms and some onion soup mix, cole slaw baby spinach salad, and for me that will be it. Maybe some refried beans if DH wants more food.

9 mile bike ride tonight after work! :bike2: that's always good for at least a 2 pound water weight drop! :smoking:

glass of wine at bedtime - got DH to agree to NO LIQUOR until we leave for Vegas on Thursday. We'll see if he sticks to it, because I never get the idea to drink it unless he's got it :snooty: The next drink I'll have will be a frozen yard drink from Planet Hollywood after we check-in at Aria Thursday afternoon! :hat:

have a great, on-plan day all!:p

mamakat
07-01-2013, 07:44 PM
l ended up walking yesterday for just a mile. I couldn't sit still. I made my son walk me to the beach and everything. Today, I have done laundry, laid some brick, walked five miles and cleaned 3 large rats cages. I'm exhausted. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to sleep...I couldn't last night.

Total of last week calories...I burned 3000 more than required for two pound loss, explains the 5 pounds down...five more to go.

Have a great night everyone.

Chronostasis
07-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Is it really July already? Time is going by so fast!
Sorry I've been MIA. I was doing really well for a while, but still stubbornly stalled. At the moment, I'm a little disenchanted with strict weight loss and am using the freed-up time for other things. Hence, my eating is also more lax. Nothing crazy, though, it's pretty much been lots of fruit, some yogurt/kefir, some beans/eggs/chicken, and some veggies. On the flip side, I've been exercising quite a lot lately. With all this in mind, I've decided that the training for my upcoming triathlon now takes preference over weight loss, so I'll eat as much as I feel I need to (of the right kind of stuff.) :)
I don't think I've gained (my clothes are still fitting fine), but unfortunately my scale is out of batteries. Hoping to buy some new batteries and get it working again tomorrow so I have a definite progress check.
One thing that I do need to do better is drinking water. I need to clean out my water bottle and start carrying it around again.
Wishing everyone a great July! :D

Diana3271
07-01-2013, 09:22 PM

Melissacarter HI and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome:

Qtkitty Hang in there with the water weight.

Psychic You were on a major shopping spree. ;)

Katydid Congrats on the new low! :bravo:

Oxalis Congrats on the 1.3 pounds!

Ian How did you knee hold out with the squash game?

JoJoP The weight loss really slows down as you get close to goal.

Syckgirlsfv Congrats on your weight loss since October! :carrot: It is harder the closer you are to goal.

Mamakat Keep up the great work!

Chronostasis Good luck with the triathlon training.

Diana3271
07-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Total Approx 1430 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Shared salad w/DH 150 calories
grilled chicken breast 300 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
The Firm 500 Calorie w/5's and 10's

lilmisschattabox
07-02-2013, 06:09 AM
Diana I'm going to take it as a good sign for you that the mama dog is named Chloe. That's my girl's name (rhodesian ridgeback) and she's the gentlest, sweetest, most affectionate girl. She got me through a few tough times so I know how relaxing and de-stressing a dog can be! Good your DH takes night time duty! My DF sleeps like a rock - I'm outta luck for help if there's any night time duty required!

Went off plan tonight and got takeaway. It's my fault, I had a bad evening/late finish from work and refused to cook when I got home. I need to be more prepared and have something in the freezer for nights like this. I got a burger but tried to minimise damage somewhat by getting grilled chicken, no cheese etc.. I know it's still going to affect me and I was doing better! I actually felt like my pants were a little bit loose this morning! So I'm a bit bummed out with myself.

Here's to a better day tomorrow!

qtkitty
07-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Still wading through water.

Diana~Thanks.. as a bigger person it's shocking how much water weight we can hold without making a visual difference.

Diana3271
07-02-2013, 07:32 AM

Last night I added on:
Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga For Stress Relief

Any fun plans for Independence Day and the long weekend?

Calories for yesterday: 1430 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.8
Down: .2

Have a great day!

oxalis
07-02-2013, 08:06 AM
This water is coming off evvvvvvver so slowly.

Today's Weight: 140.6 (down .6)
Yesterday's Calories: 1,600
Yesterday's Exercise: 20 mins elliptical/30 minutes walk/run treadmill

Psychic
07-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1552
Today's Weight: 175 (-0.6)

B - Multigrain English Muffin w/ PB & Sugarfree Jelly + Unsweetened Almond Milk w/ Chocolate Syup
S - Fiber One Chocolate Chip Bar
L - Lean Cuisine Butternut Squash Ravioli + Yoplait Light Key Lime
S - Ice Cream Sandwich
D - Chicken & Noodles w/ Carrots + String Cheese + Baguette
S - Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

alaskanlaughter
07-02-2013, 10:44 AM
I had some wheat on Friday after a week or longer without it and have been constipated since then until last night :( ugh....and I don't remember if I mentioned the 7 hours I spent painting my fence on sunday in the hot sun...so now i'm back up on the scale with the constipation, sore muscles and sunburn...I ate a little more this weekend too but i'm getting back on track...the weekdays are always busy too....I did a HIIT running workout this morning and now i'm heading to work for my overly-busy Tuesday schedule lol

Gonna Get There Soon
07-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Ok well I don't know what the heck is wrong with me...but I seem to be having an epic fail at this whole thing lately. But the good news is that July is yet another month I have to pull myself together again.
Found out that my 11 year old got lice.....double ugh!!! She is up at my mothers and must have got it there or something. I am soooo looking forward to picking her up on the 4th!! She has been gone for a month. Anyway, so my darling mother decided to use goo gone on her hair!! I was so furious!! For those who don't know, that stuff is like an industrial strength cleaner!!!! She left it on her head for 10 min!! So hopefully the poor girl won't lose all her hair or something awful like that. I'll have to treat her as soon as she gets home as to not infect my two other daughters.
Yesterday:
belvita oats : 230
spinach egg wrap: 290
spegetti w/ garlic bread:590
mango sherbet:390
3 mile walk @ 60 min: 342
1542 cals
have a great day you guys!!

Radiojane
07-02-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm way up with water and sodium and was off plan all weekend. Giving in finally to the frustration of this stall. But yesterday morning, I took my monthly marker pictures. I actually forgot to take June's, so I was comparing to April 1. The scale may not be moving, but I look A LOT smaller. Thank the yoga I suppose. Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, but that's the most difference I've been able to see in a long time.

Psychic
07-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Gonna Get There Soon - Seriously? Where'd she get that idiotic idea? She's lucky your daughter didn't get sick or something. Lice should only be treated with Rid-X (or similar) or original listerine (which surprisingly works great).

Diana - I spent most of Sunday shopping, but all I ended up buying were facial cleansing wipes and books. I'm not a big spender.

IanG
07-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Thanks Diana. The knee held up during squash. It was hurting at first but eased up. It is a little better today and I hope to run 5k tomorrow.

I have a tricky day today. A colleague took me to lunch and I had to have a tasty dessert as it was just me and her. Plus I am going out for drinks tonight. So I doubt the scale will be as kind to me tomorrow.

Down 1.2lbs today.

Anyways:

Breakfast: 2 open raw mushroom sandwiches on low calorie bread with light mayo. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Green salad with pan-seared scallops. Fudge cake with icecream. Delish.

Dinner: Will drink beer

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Other than that a rest day after squash yesterday.

koigetshealthy
07-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Hey everyone,

I keep binging! I can't figure out how to stop. I know I shouldn't have expected anything but to gain considering last week I was sick and couldn't work out at all, but it's still shitty to see the scale stay the same throughout a June in which I worked really hard at.

I hope this month is better. I have personal training sessions today and tomorrow after work, and then I'm heading to my boyfriend's wednesday night on vacation until sunday.

It's difficult for me to eat well at my boyfriend's. and on a tight budget. Does anyone have any pointers on how to eat healthy when your boyfriend eats terrible? He doesn't mind when I bring and make my own food but it's just not cost-effective right now for me. I have no money until Friday for groceries. Sigh.

I just don't feel very motivated right now. I feel fat and weak :(

Syckgirlsfv
07-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi! :wave: I was too busy today at work to even pop on here at all! :twirly:

water coming back off as usual...I tried on the purple and white Hawaiian board shorts yesterday (yes, I found them!) and they fit great and look so cute! they were too tight last time I tried them. :encore: So I get to wear those with my black bikini top. But, I stand out quite a bit...I have a lot of ink on my back that you can't see when I'm dressed. :dizzy: Maybe that's why I feel the need to look as good as possible, because I know people are looking!

B - 0% fage greek yogurt with organic fresh strawberries
S - stuffed portabello mushroom
L - spinach and cabbage salad w/ crumbled blue cheese and cut up fried chicken breast with the skin removed, blue cheese dressing (bolthouse)
S - string cheese
D - tonight I'll do the pressure cooker chicken with mushrooms and sautee some squash in coconut oil. I had sushi last night instead :D

Tomorrow is the last day of work for the week! YAY! VEGAS!!!!!:carrot:

Diana3271
07-02-2013, 09:03 PM

Lilmisschattabox You probably didn't do so bad last night. A grilled chicken sandwich is a good choice.

Qtkitty Some people have more issues with water weight. I am one of them. I had problems even before the angioedema. Hang in there.

Oxalis Good job on the .6 and your workout.

Psychic Good job on your .6.

Alaskanlaughter Are you going to try to omit wheat again? You might have an intolerance.

Gonna Get There Soon I hope everything is OK with your DD's hair. Hang in there and keep trying. It will come together for you.

Radiojane I have seen a big difference in the pictures you posted. I doubt you are just seeing thing. Keep working it. You are doing all the right things.

Ian Yum! on the lunch! drool:

Koigetshealthy I hope your personal training session goes well. I'm sorry that you are not feeling motivated right now. Weight loss is very hard. Sometimes you have to get through hour by hour. Hang in there and keep trying. :hug:

Syckgirlsfv Congrats on the board shorts! :bravo: I know you will rock it!

Diana3271
07-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Total Approx 1480 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Caloires)
Broiled tilapia, shrimp, and stuffed shrimp 500 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF TLC (both workouts premix) w/weighted gloves

dross
07-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Adhering to a weight loss/healthy consuming system is extremely troublesome and requires a mess of reparations on your part. A definitive test is making it a life style change which you can live with.

You will undoubtedly need to change the way you consume, the way you feel about sustenance, and the way you practice for life.

After Your Program

Your consuming propensities and exercise regimen need to turn into a life style. Make a change you can live with.

Consume each three hours. This will counteract you from getting overly ravenous and over consume at your afterward dish.

Consume inside 30 minutes of waking up. This serves to accelerate your metabolism and give you an exceptional begin for the day and also encourages your physique to begin blazing calories.

Consume three dishes and two snacks every day. This is regarded as separating and this will serve to keep you satisfied and counteract unnecessary nibbling.

There are sure sustenances that support your metabolism. These sustenances incorporate grapefruit, sardines, harrisa, jalapenos, ginger, cinnamon, peppers, salsa, tomatoes and pecans.

Consume G-Bombs which stand for greens, beans, onions, mushrooms berries and seeds. Consume these sustenances and they will assist with your weight loss/healthy consuming arrangement.

You might as well doggie pack your abundance sustenance. Restaurants parts are greater than any other time. At the time you choose to feast out, consume what you require then ask the server to pack the abundance.

When you head off to gatherings, top off on a solid dish. You can have less voracity for tidbits and you will even now like the merriments.

Keep your hands caught up with doing something like weaving, crossword, collapsing laundry to anticipate you from arriving at for nourishment and consuming carelessly while staring at the Tv.

The more time you use in the kitchen the more you will be interested to consume. Shut the kitchen after every dish, wash china, clean up and turn off the lights.

Anxiety can attack you capacity to adhere to an eating regimen. You settle on horrible nourishment decisions when you are pushed.

Be a brilliant customer. Never shop when you are eager. Set out for some shopping after a dish or a nibble.

Drink a mess of liquid. Drink water between suppers with the goal that you stay hydrated.

Sack and take your lunch to work. This will encourage you to evade quick sustenance welcomes.

There is a need to control gushing consuming assuming that you do. Manage the underlying reasons or stressors of your enthusiastic consuming.

You need to continue moving. Do every day physical exercises like strolling in addition to adhering to a good diet.

You need to practice sustenance swaps. These are a couple of swaps you can drill: entire grain cereal with skim drain rather than grain biscuit, use mustard or avocado glue in place of mayonnaise.

Attempt to oppose weariness. It can bait you once more to terrible propensities. Keep your every day menu solid, shifted and new. Likewise, change the venue of your activity regimen.

Attempt to incorporate outright governs to help you achieve your weight loss/healthy consuming objective. It is less demanding to submit yourself to supreme runs the show. For instance: "No sugary beverages, period!"

You need to battle the urge to nibble. Eating is a propensity you advanced at a quite early age. You need to know when to nibble and nibble cleverly between dinners.

Diana3271
07-02-2013, 09:17 PM
dross Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

novangel
07-02-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm still around but haven't had time to get back to the gym. Today I was simply too tired from work and not sleeping well last night. I don't know what TOM's deal is, I swore it was coming early but now it's right on time. :shrug:

I'm pretty certain I'm back in the 130's but I will wait till after TOM to jump on the scale.

I have my appt Saturday for my 3rd cholesterol test and I'm prepared for being told I have to go on Statins for life. I've had a year to get over it. Wish me luck.

Night all. :)

alaskanlaughter
07-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Diana I am still cutting out wheat...ive had no wheat since Friday evening again and a very minimal bit that couldn't be avoided today...however I've been munchy and craving and wanting to eat constantly ever since this weekend...which is weird...I think it's the job situation...i'm either too stressed to eat or just stressed enough to want to shove everything in my mouth :( I ran a staff meeting tonight to specifically address some of the issues tonight, which made zero difference to the one person causing 99% of the issues...in fact since our mutual supervisor was there I asked her casually to stay and let the supervisor show us where some pertinent paperwork was kept....instead this person left the building and went home without telling either of us...wtf? both of us are at a loss about what to do and I am crazy stressed with the amount of work/work details that need to get done...I ate a lot of sugar today and still want some more...I know I need to cut down on sugar similar to how i'm cutting out wheat but frankly i'm so mentally exhausted that my willpower just isn't there :(

lilmisschattabox
07-03-2013, 06:15 AM
Syckgirlsfv woohoo on the board shorts!!
alaskanlaughter i feel for you in your work situation, I hope something gives soon!

I don't feel too bad today after dinner last night, but I was too scared to weigh. I think I will stick to my Friday weigh in this week!

Good dinner tonight, baseless quiche and zucchini with avo sauce! Yum!

Have a good day tomorrow everyone :)

Diana3271
07-03-2013, 07:19 AM

Last night I added on:
The 7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Good Nights Sleep from AM PM Yoga For Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1480 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.4
Down: .4

Have a great day!

oxalis
07-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Good Morning All!

Only a pound of water weight left to lose before I'm back on track!

Today's Weight:139.8 (down .8)
Yesterday's Calories: 1,380
Yesterday's Exercise: 5 mile run, intense 4 hour house cleaning

Psychic
07-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1536
Today's Weight: 174.2 (-0.8)

B - Butter Pecan Ensure
S - Yoplait Light White Chocolate Strawberry
L - Lean Cuisine Chicken Makhani + Fiber One Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar
D - Wonton Soup w/ 3 Wontons + Chow Mein Crunchy Noodles + Shrimp Spring Roll
S - Tortilla Chips + Colby Cheese + Whole Wheat Pita + Iced Coffee
Exercise: At least 30 minutes walking while shopping

Hopefully the drops from the last few days signify that I'm doing something right. TOM is about to start and I usually have a whoosh afterwards.

Chronostasis
07-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Syckgirlsfv - Congrats on the board shorts! I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing them.

Last night I got new batteries for the scale and weighed myself at 176.0. I was crestfallen for a moment, but then realized that I had just eaten a very sodium-heavy meal and drank nearly 2 liters of water not long before. I decided to ignore that number and reweigh myself in the morning (the time of day that I normally weigh). It flipped between the 170s and 169s before settling on 170.0, which is 1.4 lbs down from my previous lowest weigh-in! Shows just how much water retention and time of day fluctuations can make a difference. :dizzy:
I also feel reassured that I did NOT gain weight while being semi-off-plan for a week or two - I actually LOST weight.

Syckgirlsfv
07-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Diana,lilmisschattabox, and chronostasis - thank you all for the congrats!!! even though I didn't hit the 150 I wanted...but I know that is going to take much more time as it's coming off slowly :D I'm actually satisfied enough with myself for Vegas :dizzy:

walked over an hour last night and cooked chicken breast for dinner in the pressure cooker. Sauteed squash in coconut oil to go with it, DELISH!

Leaving at 8 am tomorrow because of the holiday - not sure about how traffic will be so we are giving ourselves a few extra hours. Dinner reservations at 6:30 for Holstein's in the Cosmopoliton :carrot: Check in time at Aria is 3 so we'll have a nice bit of time to decompress from the drive first. YAY for Vegas finally being here tomorrow!!!:hat::hat::hat:

Diceman on Friday night!

Tomorrow is also our 7th wedding anniversary :love:

Trying to get everything done here at work in the next 3 hours, too. I can do it!

B - 2 egss, 2 turkey bacon, light cheddar, SBD wrap
S - string cheese
L - leftover chicken breast and squash with a little spinach

Lots to get done tonight for packing! Woo hooooooo! :woohoo:

happy 4th everyone!

IanG
07-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Down 0.4lbs this morning despite the day of sin yesterday. I hope I can keep it off going into tomorrow. I have bust it today though.

Anyways:

Lunch: Large salad with chicken, egg, humus, carrot, olives, mushrooms, corn, black beans, tofu, tomato, red onion.

Dinner: Am drinking beer (Lagunitas HopStoopid)

Exercise: Here we go...Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Did 1 hour in the gym lifting weights. Ran 5k at lunch in 29 minutes. Banged it out. Knee is a little sore so may not run tomorrow but we'll see.

Diana3271
07-03-2013, 10:11 PM

Novangel I wish you the best with your cholesterol test. I hope things have improved and you don't have to go on meds. Let us know how it goes. Are you borderline or is it really high? A lot of Dr's want to put people on meds when they are borderline. I don't believe in that. When my thyroid meds are out of whack it will increase my cholesterol numbers. I don't test during that time. When my thyroid numbers are OK my cholesterol numbers are borderline. My GP always mentions cholesterol meds. Both of my parents cholesterol was always borderline. They never had cardiac events.

Alaskanlaughter Hang in there. I hope things improve with your job situation. :hug:

Lilmisschattabox I have made a crustless quiche before. It was very good. I also used ricotta cheese and asperagus. It was so good.

Oxalis Good job on the .8. Keep up the great work.

Psychic Keep up the great work!

Chronostasis Good job on the 1.4 pounds!

Syckgirlsfv Have a safe trip and have fun! :hat:

Ian You killed the workouts today!

Diana3271
07-03-2013, 10:13 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled sirloin 500 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Weights Time-Saver Full Body w/10's
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

Diana3271
07-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy 4th of July!

Last night I added on:
Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch for Beginners (standing)
Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga For Stress Relief

Weigh In: 159.6
Up: .2

Have a great day!

qtkitty
07-04-2013, 08:12 AM
I didn't bother getting on the scale, since I feel the water retention. No use stressing over the lbs when I know what's going on and that it will be flushed away soon. Bwahaha

Cravings during TOM have been salt and milk product related. Yes I did have some cheese and paying the price. My neck and tonsils have swollen and now tonsilets have gone crazy again. And had tummy issues from it. Addiction to dairy is the hardest thing for me.

Since I was having such bad cravings and I have know that my current diet is low in b12 and calcium, I decided add those suppliments to the Msm I take daily. I take msm to help my skin. And it's really helped my skin hydrate it's self ( added benefit is that it has helped my nails and hair.)

Psychic
07-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1335
Today's Weight: 175

B - Multigrain English Muffin w/ PB & Sugarfree Straweberry Jelly + Iced Coffee
L - Subway Crunchy Chicken Enchilada Melt
S - Starbucks Skinny Iced Chai Latte
D - Steamed Tilapia Filets + Steamed Florentine Veggies
S- Parmesan Cheese

I was expecting a good drop today. Must be TOM bloat.

Chronostasis
07-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Last night was a family party at Red White and Boom. I indulged a lot more than I really needed to, and I'm feeling a little sick this morning. First we went to a Mexican taco truck (the menu was in Spanish, I had to translate :p). The food was soooo good and reminded me a lot of Mexico (I miss being there. :() Since it was something I may not have another chance to have, I gave myself free permission to eat what I wanted. After that we got to the family gathering and there was a lot of food there too. I started off well, with a large plate of fruit (there were more healthy options than last year, which is great), but later on my good intentions fell apart and I ate wayyyyy too much chocolate covered raisins, potato chips and sour-cream-and-onion dip, and tortilla chips with salsa. I knew I was eating past satiety but I didn't really want to stop.
I'm taking it as a mere bump in the road. To offset some of it, I'll have a low-calorie day today and possibly tomorrow.

Radiojane
07-04-2013, 11:25 AM
I binged pretty badly Tuesday and yesterday. I won't go into details, but it wasn't pretty. I felt really gross. The only saving grace is that I mustered up the energy to go to the pool last night, which loosened me up for yoga tonight, and took off just over 2 pounds in water weight.

I put on the dress I wore to the bachelorette on May 4th today,and it's definitely looser. So my scale is a dirty liar. Reassuring. I think having some tangible progress again is what I needed to keep me on track, especially when there's some not great stuff happening in the real world.

Yesterday calories in: 3000+ I'd bet
Yesterday calories out: 515 - 30 minute swim

IanG
07-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Up 0.2lbs this morning.

Anyways:

Lunch: Salad with octopus, hummus, olives, mushrooms, tomato, red onion, a little feta cheese, small sprinkling of nuts.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Palate Wrecker)

Exercise: No running today so save the knee. Will try again tomorrow. Will shoot some tennis balls instead this afternoon though.

oxalis
07-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Happy Fourth of July All!

I almost didn't step on the scale today, but I made myself and it was fine. I was extremely tired yesterday, and when I get tired I always have the urge to eat more than I should. So I had blue corn chips; a lot of them!

Today's Weight: 139.9 (up .1)
Yesterday's Calories: 1,965
Yesterday's Exercise: 20 mins elliptical/40 inclined walk at 4.0

novangel
07-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Happy 4th!

I didn't get to the gym yesterday because we had to go somewhere right after work and we didn't get home until almost 11pm. I did get in 2.5 miles today before the gym closed early and now we're going out to eat before the fireworks later. I still haven't gotten around to buying a grill after moving here 5 years ago but I suppose they will go on sale after today. Something to consider.

Diana, my overall number was very high. However, my triglycerides (sp?) are normal and my good cholesterol is very high which means I am "protected" from heart problems. My bad cholesterol is only about 10 points too high. I'm conflicted on what to do as well. Guess I will cross that bridge next week. Maybe now that I have much less stress the numbers will be down. :shrug:

Have a good day, all. :)

lilmisschattabox
07-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Dropped again! Yay! About 1lb = 81.8kg/180lb. So it's working! May ruin it all today... going to a specialty American shop (my partner's American) so will be eating some junk food today. It only happens once every couple of months or so, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'm usually less strict about my diet on weekends anyway :)

Diana3271
07-04-2013, 09:33 PM

Qtkitty I hope the supplements help with those cravings. Cravings are awful.

Psychic I have never heard of the Subway Crunchy Chicken Enchilada Melt. I need to look it up. It sounds really good. :drool:

Chronostasis The family party sounds fun. At least there were some healthier options for you.

Radiojane How was your yoga class today? I did an hour yoga DVD today and it was tough!

Ian I hope your knee is doing better. Mine still feels weird at times since I am still doing some impact. It is a lot better, though. It really takes time for the joints to heal.

Oxalis Were you able to rest a little today? Not bad on the scale.

Novangel You have probably already researched statin drugs. But, the most recent research says that statin drugs reduce the benefits of exercise. This is a recent study. There are so many pro's and con's and then the information changes weekly.

Lilmisschattabox Congrats on the pound!

Radiojane
07-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Diana. She was a little easier on us today. The focus was more restorative. Still got a workout though.

Diana3271
07-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Total Approx 1525 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (460 calories)
Plain Greek Yogurt 270 Calories
almond biscotti 140 calories
iced coffee 50 calories

Dinner (670 calories)
Orzo, chicken, feta, kalamata olives, asparagus salad 470 calories
toasted cinnamon raisin bread, topped with ricotta and pumpkin butter 200 calories

Exercise:
Ana and Ravi Yoga Cleanse Lighten Up & Purify (both sections - 1 hour)
The Firm TransFirm Your Body w/#5's

Psychic
07-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Diana - Its new. Just started this month for a limited time. Its tasty, but a 6 inch flatbread w/ the enchilada chicken, southwest sauce, fritos, and cheese is 460 calories. That's the basic recipe.

Ugh. I feel so bloated today. I was already bloated due to TOM, but I ate a lot tonight, including some fast food. The scale is not going to be nice to me tomorrow.

novangel
07-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Novangel You have probably already researched statin drugs. But, the most recent research says that statin drugs reduce the benefits of exercise.

:/ In what way?

alaskanlaughter
07-05-2013, 12:01 AM
it was a nice slower day today...so glad for a break from the craziness of summer...didn't go to last night's midnight fireworks because the clouds were really low and raining like crazy so we went to bed...I was exhausted from being up since 5 a.m....got to sleep in til 9 a.m. this morning which is late for me :D and we went to the big parade downtown...then I spent a long time resting in my chair, did some shopping and house cleaning and made dinner

I haven't had wheat since Friday...and I spent 4 days after that wanting to eat everything in sight...it was WEIRD!!....then on Wednesday it was like a switch went off in my brain and I had no desire for all that food anymore...I even went to lunch Wednesday with my boss and had half a salad and a cup of coffee and boxed up the other half of my salad for later...today I felt the same way...I've been eating but it's SOOO easy to keep calories down when I don't have that mental desire to shove everything in sight in my mouth all day long

I have no idea if that's connected to wheat, or what....i'll see how I do for a few weeks without wheat and then maybe have some and see if this repeats itself

qtkitty
07-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Well the dam has been released. I can't help, but think I peed 30 times yesterday. I actually stepped on the scale and from the highest my weight got when I was weighing myself. I lost almost 5lbs yesterday. I hope today is not like that, yet I do *lol*. Of course between the water content in my food and what I drank I had a 1.5 gallons of water, so I am still hydrated.

Diana~ Yeah. Cravings are horrible. Especially when it's for something that will cause you pain if you eat it.

Psychic
07-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 2430
Today's Weight: 175.8 :(

B - Dark Chocolate Ensure & Strawberry Smoothie
S - Parmesan Cheese
L - Potato, Jalepeno, and Cheddar Pierogies + Sweet Potato Fries
S - Italian Sweet Sausage
S - Vanilla Dirt Dessert
D - Wendy's Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger

Bloat from TOM, sodium, and way too much food yesterday. Time to work on the damage.

Diana3271
07-05-2013, 09:04 AM

Last night I added on:
Improve Digestion from Yoga for Stress Relief

I am not having digestive issues, but I wanted to see what this premix was like. It was a good one, although not quite as relaxing as the Easing Your Mind section. The Easing Your Mind Section is really a good one before bed. This is a very versatile DVD since there are so many different routines on it. I think there are 21 routines on this one DVD. Of course the practices are used in multiple routines.

Calories for yesterday: 1525 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.6
No Change

Have a great day!

IanG
07-05-2013, 09:22 AM
:/ In what way?

Something to do with your aerobic capacity not increasing as much. But I simply don't believe the research. First, the dose these guys were taking was high, like 40mg. I am on 5mg, I think and have noticed massive increases in my fitness with exercise.

But there is something you need to worry about novangel. Statins block both good and bad cholestoral. So they need to get the balance right.

Based on your numbers, I don't think you need a statin at all. But I am no doctor.

You could get 10 points of bad cholesterol down with diet. I had some success with those foods that contain plant sterols to block cholesterol.

Diana3271
07-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Novangel You can read through the mumbo jumbo:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_137127.html
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-06-12/health/chi-exercise-and-statins-a-bad-mix-20130612_1_statins-exercise-tolerance-heart-disease
http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/wsihw000/24479/36146/1491661.html?d=dmtContent

I am not a Dr. but I like to follow medical stuff. Now the drug co's are saying that statin drugs prevent heart attacks and strokes. A couple years back they said they did NOT prevent them. This was literally on the front page of Lipitor's website. I know studies show that most people who have heart attacks and strokes cholesterol levels are in a normal range. I have mentioned our friend Danny, the one that had a heart stint in the last month and the bladder cancer diagnosis. He has been on statin drugs since they came out. He needed a heart stint because he had a blocked area. He has always eaten lower fat cuts of meat, removed all traces of fat, and tried to eat low fat. Now the question is would he have gotten blocked sooner if he didn't take the statin drugs? That's something we will never know. A few years back the Dr. changed his statin to a new one. I was concerned at that time because a recent study said that, that particular drug had an increase in cancer risk of 40% (something like that). I emailed my friend (his wife) all of this info. Here's the kicker. He now has cancer. NO ONE IN HIS FAMILY HAS EVER HAD CANCER! NO ONE! They all have heart issues. Now, again, is this a coincidence? Probably is. But, it's still in my mind. I probably should not research and/or google anything since it freaks me out. You can google anything and find support pro/cons, so you never know what's really true or false. My other concern is that statin drugs depletes muscles. The heart is a muscle. That's the reason the Drs. are suppose to recommend that you take CoQ10 along with the statin drug. It is suppose to replenish the muscles. If you research all of this, let me know what you find out.

Diana3271
07-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Ian We were posting at the same time. :D

oxalis
07-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Good morning!

Didn't make it to the gym yesterday but persuaded my husband to take a long, fast walk in the 90 degree heat and boy did that work. :hot:

Kept Fourth of July calories somewhat in control - about half of them were alcohol calories :dizzy:

Diana: I was able to get a little more, yes :)

Today's Weight: 141 (up 1.1)
Yesterday's Calories: approx. 2,200
Yesterday's Exercise: 1 hour power walk outside

Radiojane
07-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Alaskan I think we may have the same issue. If i cheat and eat something high carb or high sugar (which almost always contains wheat), I cannot stop eating.

Diana, Ian & Novangel Statins scare the crap out of me. My bf is on them, has been since he was 22, and I would love to be able to get him off them, especially with the increased cancer risk, as he already has several risk factors and a family history.

Scale is down another 1.7 today, but I'm still way up, sitting at 376. I'll take
it though, because usually after yoga, I'm UP on the scale.

Yesterday calories in: 1706
cheddar cheese
almonds
basa with dill and a little butter
green beans
garlic sausage
tomato and cucumber salad
grilled chicken breast
oreo ice cream sandwich
small slurpee

Yesterday calories out:776
60 minutes hatha yoga
30 minutes slow swim.

novangel
07-05-2013, 07:20 PM
After a past incident with scaring myself nearly to death (and caused my panic disorder to resurface) I tend to stay off Google when it comes to medical advice and stick with sites like WebMD.

Ian, One of the reasons I went on this journey (besides being miserable in clothes) a year ago was because of my cholesterol. I since lost almost 20p, quit smoking, became a runner and ate A LOT better. I went back to re-test and the overall number was even higher. :/ It runs in my family so I believe I won the genetic lottery. I don't think I can get it down no matter what I do because I have tried it all except going Vegan which isn't happening. The only difference this time is I am away from an extremely stressful job and I hope that will make a difference. I hear time and time again that stress will raise cortisol levels. Also, my bad number was 18pts too high last time (not 10, my mistake) but my good cholesterol was 81. :)

I will keep everyone posted.

IanG
07-05-2013, 08:36 PM
That good cholesterol is so high Novangel. It. is. amazing! Mine used to be in the 30s. Its up to 70 now and that is fab.

Anyways, I am down 0.6lbs this morning.

Lunch: Panera chicken hummus power salad off the hidden menu.

Dinner: Am drinking beer (Maine Beer Company 'Lunch')

Exercise: Here we go...Ran 5k in 30 minutes. Banged it out. Practised my tennis serve in the afternoon. Took the kids to a park. And went grocery shopping. BIG LOSS TOMORROW PEOPLE!

Diana3271
07-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Total Approx 1465 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (470 Calories)
Plain Greek Yogurt 270 Calories
Sugar Snap Peas 200 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled chicken tenderloins 300 calories
turnip greens 100 calories

Exercise:
Element Yoga for Flexibility
Erin O'Brien Strong Body, Ageless Body w/10's

I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. Enjoy your evening and rest well.

IanG
07-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Diana, what do you tell your husband about this thread you manage?

What does he think?

I am intrigued.

novangel
07-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Diana is a great motivator. I agree, Ian. :)

No exercise tonight. I'm mega fasting for the blood work at 9am and running will only make me even more hungry than I already am.

Gonna pop in a DVD and go to bed to relax my mind. Night all!

alaskanlaughter
07-05-2013, 10:41 PM
ran HIIT intervals this morning before work....while at work I took the older kids and other staff on a hike STRAIGHT UP several steep streets and a stairway with 99 steps (we counted!) and on a hike on a boardwalk that edges one of the mountains above downtown....beautiful!! and i'm beat....it's like a climb of 1000 feet or something in under 10 minutes...or something insanely steep like that but Im pretty sure the climb up is from sea level at our school to 1000 feet up the mountain....we left a group of littler kids and their staff to play at the cemetery (yes we go there a lot lol)

Diana3271
07-06-2013, 07:51 AM

Last night I added on: Element's PM Yoga for Beginners (Release Balance, & Stretch)

This routine was too active for me. It felt like it woke me and I struggled going to sleep and staying asleep. This is the last of the PM/Stress routines that I have. I still have some AM ones that I will work my way through during this weekend and future weekends. I think the best routine for me at night is the ones with Barbara Benagh. I find her very relaxing. I actually have one more DVD that I ordered that is a similar format to Barbara's DVD's. It's a different instructor, so I will see how that goes.

Calories for yesterday: 1485 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.2
Down: .4

Have a great day!

Diana3271
07-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Diana, what do you tell your husband about this thread you manage?

What does he think?

I am intrigued.

Ian My husband's main concern, first and foremost is that he does not have to eat the way I eat or workout with me. :lol: Secondly, his concern is that I am happy with whatever I am doing and again that he doesn't have to partake in my madness. :lol: I think he's relieved that he doesn't have to deal with the bulk of my dieting/weight loss drama. He starts getting this far off look when I start talking about it. ;)

Novangel Good luck with your blood work today. Keep us updated.

oxalis
07-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Ate way too much yesterday and did no exercise; kind of a blah day. The scale is still down though.

Today's Weight: 139.9 (-1.1)
Yesterday's Calories: I don't know; a lot
Yesterday's Exercise: n/a

Psychic
07-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Yesterday's Calories: 1589
Today's Weight: 175.8

B - King Vitamin Cereal w/ Almond Milk + Light Iced Coffee
S - String Cheese
L - Progresso Light Potato Soup + V8 Fusion Strawberry Lemonade + Fiber One Lemon Bar
S - Syder Honey Mustard & Onion Pretzel Pieces
D - Japanese Clear Soup + Whole Wheat Pita w/ Ham & Cheese & Mustard + Chicken Wings
S - Lemon Creme Cookies

Still bloated. I think its just water weight from TOM. I saw Despicable Me 2 last night. It was hilarious.

mbelle99
07-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Greetings, All! I have just re-committed to my weight loss journey. May I join this group to increase my accountability?

I cook vegan / vegetarian at home, but I am not strict when I go out with friends.

I have an impressive collection of exercise DVDs (walking, yoga, fusion) and my goal is to do a 3-4 mile fast walk in the morning and get in at least 12,000 steps total per day. Strength training is also going in there somewhere. During the last four days I have stuck to this plan pretty well.

My summer has a lighter work schedule, so I am hoping that if my routine gets well established that it will carry over more easily when the fall increase in work starts.

Best to all of you!
Mbelle

novangel
07-06-2013, 02:37 PM
mbelle, :welcome: :wave:

I did some walking yesterday, and more today. I'm too crampy to run. :^: I figure I will get back to the gym Monday, tomorrow I work.

We're off to another summer fest in a few hours. My BF's band is playing.

Have a nice night, all. :)

Radiojane
07-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Welcome Mbelle!

Down .6 today. Could have been more, but I had an extra Oreo ice cream sandwich before bed. Thankfully that was the last one I had. Got my swim in today and walked the dog.

Yesterday calories in:1546
Almonds
Cheddar cheese
Pork chop
Brussel sprouts
Salmon pinwheel
Artisan lettuce.
Oreo ice cream sandwiches

alaskanlaughter
07-06-2013, 05:53 PM
getting ready for my parents to visit next week....SO EXCITED!!!!! haven't seen either of my parents in about 4 years or more....this means I have a lot of cleaning to do this weekend, just stuff that normally doesn't get done like making teenager clean his horrid bathroom, buying some things like a floor lamp for a room we never use etc....so I did some of that and now i'm taking the kids for a hike up the mountain and then for frozen yogurt...I love weekends where I don't have to spend time balancing the checkbook and paying bills LOL

IanG
07-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Ha ha, Diana! Your lucky DH!

I am down 2.2lbs this morning.

Breakfast: 2 open raw mushroom sandwiches on low calorie bread with light mayo. Some olives. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: I pan seared some scallops and had them with a salad (hummus, olives, sun-dried tomato, picked onion, red onion, spring onions, carrot, lettuce, assorted mushrooms). I am going to have scallops every week. They were delicious. Take a look at what I made:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=44882&stc=1&d=1373152016

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Imperial IPA)

Exercise: Here we go...Ran 5k in 30 minutes. Banged it out. Practised my tennis serve in the afternoon for an hour. Mowed two lawns as my neighbor has just had surgery. Expect another BIG LOSS TOMORROW PEOPLE!

Diana3271
07-06-2013, 09:20 PM

We grilled out burgers tonight. I also had some french fries and my usual dessert. My calories are higher than they normally are on the weekends. It's amazing how quickly things add up. I didn't even have anything major and the burger wasn't huge, either.

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad your family will be coming to visit. I know you will enjoy the time you spend together.

Oxalis Sorry about you having a blah day. Congrats on the scale, though.

Psychic I have been wanting to see The Interns, but haven't yet. By the time I got it will be out of the theaters. Ha Ha It may not even be out anymore.

Mbelle Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Novangel Enjoy the Summer Fest!

Radiojane Congrats on the .6! Did you decide to keep the dog? What did you name it?

Ian Congrats on the 2.2 pounds! Your salad looks awesome! I love seared scallops. Do you eat the hummus plain or put it on something?

Diana3271
07-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Total Approx 1895 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (500 Calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
pineapple 100 calories

Dinner (1000 Calories)
Homemade grilled cheeseburger 600 calories
Baked French Fries 150 calories
Mustard/ketchup 50 calories
Cinnamon raisin toast topped with pumpkin butter and ricotta cheese 200 calories

Exercise:
Element AM Yoga for Beginners w/Elena Brower
2 Mile Power Express Walk from Leslie Sansone's 4 Mile Power Walk
This is a new Leslie for me. I really enjoyed the section that I did. I am sore from my head to my toes. I'm not sure if it's from the weight training or from the beginner's, relaxing, and less stress yoga that I have been doing. I have been sore the entire time we have been off work.

IanG
07-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks Diana. I like garlic hummus and I am using it instead of a salad dressing. It is yummy and a good source of dietary fiber and, probably, protein.

PS Pop round for some scallops Diana. Let me know when!

qtkitty
07-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Mbelle~ welcome...can't wait to hear about some of your vegan recipes

Diana3271
07-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Update on me! :lol: I don't know which workout did it, but my glutes and hamstrings have some serious DOMS going on. It is getting worse as the night progresses. I need hurry up and go back to work. All of this yoga and crap is killing me. :rofl:

IanG
07-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Yeah, but no weighted gloves today I see Diana, so come on!

I bust my butt today. But I am not hardcore enough for weighted gloves.

Do it in weighted gloves and I will give you my full sympathies!

Radiojane
07-06-2013, 11:36 PM
diana we are keeping him. His name is Toby.

alaskanlaughter
07-06-2013, 11:47 PM
we had a great hike up the mountainside streets and stairs and a nice walk on the trail....did a lot of errands and made a big dinner...calories are at 1620 right now and I had some wheat...im undecided if wheat makes a difference on the scale at all although it does seem to decrease the desire to eat if I cut it out...

if anyone wants to find me on facebook and see these beautiful pics of Alaska, find me - Ruth Beattie :)

Diana3271
07-07-2013, 09:03 AM

Last nigh I added on:
Deep Rest Premix from Yoga for Stress Relief

Well, unfortunately I am in full angioedema mode right now. :( I noticed the last couple of days that my lips and face were a little more swollen than normal when I woke. Yesterday during the day I noticed that I wasn't using the bathroom (peeing) like normal. My mouth started breaking out, too. I was getting all of the symptoms. This morning when I woke I have the labored/restricted breathing. Last night I was going to take an extra Benadryl but I didn't. I was hoping it would pass. Obviously it didn't. :mad: It feels like I have a bad cold or allergies right now. When I was losing weight I would do this and didn't know what I was doing wrong. (I will get to the significant water weight gain part :() I would think my calories were too high, etc. It's not that. Me not using the bathroom much yesterday is my body holding on to the water weight from this reaction. I really wish I knew what was causing this. I read a recent study that said some people will have these episodes every other week, etc. That seems to be what I am doing. If they are mild I don't mention them. Something else, why is this one more significant weight wise? It's all weird. I need to learn to watch my signs and symptoms and plan accordingly. (meaning take extra Benadryl if I feel it coming on, etc). The Dr. said that people can go through phases of this. It can come and go. I started with this in 2008, the year after my Dad passed away. The frequency of the episodes are more often now, but the severity of them has lessened. I take it the severity is not as bad because of the treatment with antihistamines.

Calories for yesterday: 1895 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 162.4
Up: DRUM ROLL PLEASE! . . . . A WHOPPING 3.2 POUNDS! Gotta love working out hard but eating a couple hundred more calories than normal and have a 3+ pound gain. AND IT NOT EVEN BEING HORMONALLY RELATED! :p Damn the angioedema! :mad:

Aren't you guys glad that I am adjusting to the crazy angioedema crap and I am not pitching a total fit! :lol: It sucks big time, but I realize that I could have something so much worse than this.

Ian I need the weighted gloves right now so I can beat the crap out of something! :boxing: I probably couldn't get out of bed if I had the lower body DOMS along with upper body DOMS from a good boxing workout. :lol:

Radiojane I like the name Toby. We are thinking about naming our new puppy Cody.

Have a great day!

Radiojane
07-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Cody is a cute name. That angio edema sucks! If it makes you feel any better, I can swing up to ten pounds with water just from a few cheats.

I'm down 1.3, only four more pounds of water weight left!

Yesterday calories in:1450
Garlic sausage
Cheese
Broccoli
Pork ribs
Brussel sprouts

Yesterday calories out:512
30 minute swim.

oxalis
07-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Good Morning!

Not eating as well as I should be, but not eating poorly either.

Today's Weight: 139.9 (no change)
Yesterday's Calories: 1,780
Yesterday's Exercise: 2 hours of cardio at the gym, switching between different machines (approx. 800 calorie burn).

Katydid77
07-07-2013, 10:53 AM
I think Toby is a cute name too :)

Eric got a black lab a while ago (gosh he's almost a year old now!) and I wanted to name him Methuselah (from the Bible) and call him Meth for short, so we would have a Meth Lab. :D

I thought it was cute, but the idea was vetoed. Also wanted to name him Simeon (b/c of the Ethiopian mentioned in the Bible) but they wound up deciding on Jackson.

Jackson isn't bad I guess, and I'm just getting used to it.

Now, in the past two months, he's also gotten a pit bull puppy they named Junior.

I guess that's an okay name.

I made an appointment to have them both netured on Wednesday. Eric says I really must have something against them, picking out dumb names then rushing to get their b*lls cut off LOL

IanG
07-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your angioedema Diana. I hope it settles down again soon.

I am down another 2.4lbs this morning which if it sticks tomorrow will be epic.

Lunch: Salad with sardines, hummus, corn, olives, sun-dried tomato, picked onion, red onion, lettuce, assorted mushrooms and a sprinkle of nuts.

Exercise: My wife would not let me go running. We argued because of that. So I practised my tennis serve in the afternoon for an hour instead.

alaskanlaughter
07-07-2013, 03:57 PM
I am cleaning little odds n ends today....like the shoe corner by the door where everything and its brother accumulates especially during the winter...and washing the extra blankets...stuff like that...it's not like I have a messy house, but I want the little odds n ends cleaned up before my parents arrive...also colored my hair again...being out in the sun so much this summer has really bleached the color right back out of my hair again LOL

qtkitty
07-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Well the scale has stalled, but I have noticed that my arms look different. Thinning out and the turkey wing has gotten worse. I can see more muscle look. Perhaps my imagination.

Diana3271
07-07-2013, 09:05 PM

Thanks for the support about the angioedema. I really had my feelings hurt this morning. I felt it coming on, so I should have been better prepared mentally. I haven't gained like that from the edema in a while. I have been wondering if it was because I got so sore (DOMS). I haven't been sore like that in a long time. Maybe the inflammation (:?:) from being sore caused my body to react. :dunno: I haven't eaten anything different, I haven't gotten upset, there hasn't been anything out of the ordinary. :dunno:

We decided to take a short road trip today. We were going to a seafood place outside of town called See Wee but they closed at 3:00 and we got there at 3:15. We decided to drive a little farther to Georgetown. You have probably heard of Myrtle Beach, SC. Georgetown is about 30 miles from Myrtle Beach. We decided to go to an area called Water Front Park. It's where all the good dining spots and shopping is located. We found a place called The Old Fish House. The raw bar area is called The Big Tuna Raw Bar. We have eaten a lot of seafood in our lives and it was some of the best that we had ever had. I had the grilled seafood platter and it was grilled perfectly. It was grilled shrimp, scallops, oysters, and grouper fingers. We were getting ready to leave and I noticed a dog on the deck. The dog was with a man and I wanted to go talk with the dog. I asked the man if the dog was friendly and I could pet it. DH started talking with the man. Come to find out he was the owner of the restaurant. The man was thrilled when DH told him it was some of the best seafood that we had ever had.

Radiojane Good job on the 1.3 pounds. I was thinking earlier today. Damn, if I was going to have a gain, I wish there was at least some chocolate cheesecake and peanut butter cookies involved. :rofl:

Oxalis You killed it at the gym! :bravo:

Katydid Ha Ha Now that was funny! I am glad I wasn't drinking anything or I would have probably snorted it everywhere. :rofl:

Ian Congrats on the 2.4 pounds! At least you were able to get some activity in today.

Alaskanlaughter What color did you use for your hair. Our kitchen table is the area that collect everything. :lol:

Qtkitty I'm sure you are seeing more muscles in your arms. :carrot:

Diana3271
07-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Total Approx 1580 Calories +:coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 360 Calories
Grilled chicken chili McWrap 360 calories

Dinner (825 Calories)
2 bites Coleslaw made with vinegar not mayo 75 calories
2 bites white rice 100 calories
grilled scallops 100 calories
oysters 100 calories
grilled shrimp 50 calories
grilled grouper fingers 100 calories
Ice cream 300 calories

Exercise:
Check-In: Hip Openers from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga For Your Week
Since our little excursion took longer than we anticipated, I didn't get a chance to do a regular workout. I did that particular yoga workout today because I was so sore in my lower body. It did a good job of stretching me out and I don't seem to be as sore right now.

alaskanlaughter
07-07-2013, 10:18 PM
im done!....laundry done, cleaning done, errands done, dinner done, kitchen cleaned etc....

Diana I always color my hair some version of dark auburn...the dark color plus the red in it looks good with my pink complexion...ive tried just dark brown and didn't like it and I tried red (once) and it made me look like Carrot Top LOL...

ive always wanted to turn my hair all sorts of colors like pink or blue or purple but my hair is naturally medium-brown and to get those colors, would involve bleaching my hair first and i'm not willing to do that

novangel
07-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Diana, I hope things settle down soon. It really sucks to deal with health issues that you have no control over nor understand 100% what's causing them. I sympathize, believe me. :hug: (I'm not talking about my cholesterol, my lovely mental issues)

Ian, you look fab!! :carrot:

RadioJane, I sense frustration in your posts lately. Hang in there! :hug:

Gym tomorrow.

Radiojane
07-07-2013, 11:38 PM
alaskan have you tried just a streak of wild color? I put some green in mine a while back just for kicks and loved it. The bleach didn't do much.

Novangel I'm very frustrated. Not just because of the stall either. It's mostly just coming face to face with the REALITY of being more than 200 pounds over weight. I thought I'd be further in a year than I am. Thank you though, for the encouragement and your inspiration.

My really fat phobic aunt is coming down next week for my cousin's wedding. That's not helping my case.

alaskanlaughter
07-08-2013, 12:34 AM
I haven't tried just a streak of color...but I don't have much attachment to my hair anyhow lol...ive always said if I get head lice from my students, that I would cut my hair about a quarter-inch short, just shy of head-shaving...which I would be just fine with but the thought of that HORRIFIES my hubby lol

lilmisschattabox
07-08-2013, 06:09 AM
Well I fell off the wagon quite badly over the weekend, but I did have a GREAT weekend! So now I'm in damage control mode hoping it won't affect the scale too badly by my Friday weigh-in. Things are quite stressful at work and I'm exhausted which doesn't help.

Hi to everyone :)

mamakat
07-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Good morning everyone,

No weightloss to report. I had a vey weird week. A week or so, I stepped out of my norm and introduced myself to my newest neighbors after that I befriended some old neighbors, who invited me to a 4th party. The day of the party I found out, my new neighbors are drug dealers, who dislike me because they believe I'm a NARC. Now I seem to have the wrong kind of enemies. Add that to a tweaked out kid, who when I went to the bathroom boasted to my DD that he was going to burn me (DD thought he meant metaphorically) when I came back, he told my DD, she had the greatest mom ever and hugged me. He then put out his cigar's cherry on my neck, it rolled down to my shirt burning me twice on its way. I will now have a permanent scar that reminds me to stay away from people because I don't have the capcity to tell who is good or bad. My trust in mankind has taken another hit.

So for two days I wallowed in pity. All I could hear was that kid's wild laugh and him saying, you got burned. Yes, I did and in more ways than he'll ever know. I took a walk in the heat yesterday and I failed to look at others and no greetings were said. I had finally gotten brave to say hello to total strangers, but now I'm back to fear. DH has left town for a week and I'm concerned the dealers will cause trouble for me. I'm not worried for myself, but I have kids to think about. I hope we can be the type who hate from afar...we will have to see.

Food/eating has been weak due to stress and heat. DH stocked the fridge for me. I hope for a better week, my hair is at least an inch long and so so gray. I've got 3 pounds to go.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

Diana3271
07-08-2013, 07:43 AM

First comment out of DH's mouth this morning: You look really swollen
Me: Thank you. Good morning to you, too. :p

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Beginners from Yoga for Stress Relief

Calories for yesterday: 1580 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 163.4
Up: 1 pound OH FREAKIN' JOY! :mad: :p

Have a great day!

Psychic
07-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1445
Today's Weight: 174.6 (-0.2)

B - Fried Potatoes w/ Pork Sausage + Scrambled Eggs
L - Arby's 3 pc. Chicken Tender + Arby's Small Curly Fry
D - Coconut Water + Salsa Flavored Tortilla Chips + String Cheese
S - Hard Boiled Egg
Exercise: At least 60 minutes walking/shopping.

Finally losing the bloat from TOM. I need to get down to 172 this month. I've been weighing in between 174-176 for two months now.

oxalis
07-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Good Morning All!

This weekend was full of exercise (gym + fun) and my eating was pretty good. Up on the scale again which is frustrating; can't seem to break through the back & forth between 138-141 lbs.

Diana: thanks! trying to take it up a notch on the weekends since I have more time to commit to the gym.

Today's Weight: 140.6 (up .7)
Yesterday's Calories: 1,290
Yesterday's Exercise: Approximate 800 calorie burn at the gym (2 hours of running, walking, elliptical, bike, etc.) and a nice & warm (97 degree) hour-long walk outside.

alaskanlaughter
07-08-2013, 10:46 AM
it was a weird night and morning here too....I started to have asthma last night before bed which is highly unusual...not sure if it's from eating wheat this weekend or from stirring up dust cleaning....I slept soundly but was hot all night which is also unusual...this morning I woke up feeling fine and went to the gym....still struggled with asthma and when I went to run, it felt like I was hauling 500 pounds along with me ...it was SO HARD...I pushed through it and did a good run interval session ...the scale is up to 189 which is also unusually high....don't know whats up from all this :(

IanG
07-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Up 0.4lbs this morning so I am on a mission today to prevent another weekly gain and to keep it at that.

Lunch: Salad with octopus, hummus, corn, olives, argula, feta cheese, red onion, lettuce, beets, carrot, assorted mushrooms, tomato, cous cous.

Dinner: Will drink beer.

Exercise: 50 minutes in the gym this morning lifting weights. Will run 5k at lunch. Will play squash after work. It's going to be epic. My knee feels good. I hope it stays that way for squash. Running gets easier as the weight goes down. Even a few pounds makes a difference.

Radiojane
07-08-2013, 11:44 AM
up .2 today, not terribly surprised because my body seems to really like 375 pounds, and I had some DOMS issues from overdoing it on my swim. I didn't get the dog out for a good long walk either, the neighbors took him in the afternoon (he seems to be everyone's pet), and I only had time to tether him in the yard last night, so my exercise took a bit of a hit.

Super annoyed that the condo association didn't tell us that there would be workers on our roof and our deck this morning. Went to leave for work, had to walk under a ladder (HORROR!), and got drenched by their hose. My bf is on nights and is going to get zero sleep, and he's already grouchy because our cat's been gone for about four days, and he's worried we've lost her. She's probably just hunting.

Yesterday calories in 1937
Grayson sausage
yellow beans
cheddar cheese
spinach salad
chicken wrapped with peaches, cilantro and bacon
brocolli

Yesterday calories out:510
30 minute swim

novangel
07-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Jane, I have no doubt that if you don't give up you will lose another 100. It might take a year or two to make it all the way to goal but just remember that a year from now you'll look in the mirror and be glad that you kept going. I know it feels impossible but you will get there. You also have the advantage of being 6' tall. ;)

Sometimes the exercise you do worked great in the beginning but no so much later on. That happened with me. You may need to switch things up a little..I'm not saying to give up swimming entirely but you may want to try to incorporate long distance brisk walking or weights. It sucks at first but you will build endurance.

I about died when I first tried Jillian, I really thought no way can I do this. Never in a million years did I think I would go on to jogging. Never.

Keep going!

Diana3271
07-08-2013, 09:43 PM

Novangel Thank you for the support. :hug: Did you make it to the gym today?

Radiojane I agree with Novangel. A year from now you will be so glad you stuck with it. You maybe 50 pounds down or at goal. You never know. I am sorry to hear about the situation with your aunt and the stress it will cause you. Maybe you can keep your distance from her. She's the one with the problem.

Alaskanlaughter I have seen lots of colors at Sally Beauty. Not sure if you have one of those there. Maybe try a bright color. It might be fun.

Lilmisschattabox Today is a new day. Were you able to get right back on your plan? Sorry to hear about the stress at work.

Mamakat That was awful what the kid did to you. I am so sorry. {{hugs}} I've got my fingers crossed for you that you can drop those 3 pounds quickly. I can't wait to hear what's in store for the new 'do. ;)

Psychic Glad the bloat is subsiding.

Oxalis Sometimes the body has a mind of it's own. It will eventually come around.

Ian You sound so freakin' motivated today! :lol: I hope those knees hold up!

Diana3271
07-08-2013, 09:46 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled chicken breasts 500 calories

Exercise:
Kathy Smith's Project You Fat Burning: Long Lean (cardio)
Leslie Sansone's Blue Mile
Tamilee Webb Standing Stretch

Chronostasis
07-08-2013, 10:22 PM
mamakat - Oh wow. How terrible. :( And tell that kid he's an a**.

----
Still not counting calories...no motivation to. My eating has been passable, but not stellar. No new losses on the scale, nor gains, so it's all good. I treat weight loss like a game - participation in the "game" is strictly voluntary. I just don't want to play right now. :)
For now I'm enjoying the feeling of how much I've gotten in shape in the past month and a half. It's absolutely amazing me, that I, the couch potato, can already literally run/swim laps around some fit-looking skinny women and leave Pelatonia-ers miles in my dust without breaking a sweat. :D Completely serious. I never thought I was a good swimmer or cyclist and (especially not) runner until I actually started doing these group triathlon training things - I am an EXCELLENT swimmer, could probably lead the pack in cycling, and better than most in running. Totally redefining a lot of things I had always just "assumed" about my abilities.

lilmisschattabox
07-09-2013, 05:49 AM
Not too bad day eating wise. Managed to avoid the potato chips that were sitting on the bench when I got home. But did have a little chocolate. Hopefully with all the running around and stressing at work, it's working some calories off!!

Diana3271
07-09-2013, 07:33 AM

Last night I added on:
Breathing Exercises to Calm the Mind from Yoga for Stress Relief

Weigh In: 162.6
Down: .8

Have a great day!

Diana3271
07-09-2013, 07:43 AM
A friend emailed me this link. She knows how much I love animals. Our pets have such a hard life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRgQaOOZRo4

oxalis
07-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Good Morning!

Nothing to report other tan that I'm still stuck in the 138-141 net .....waaaaa.

Today's Weight: 140.2 (down .4)
Yesterday's Calories: 1,845
Yesterday's Exercise: approx. 475 calorie burn at the gym; super active all day

mamakat
07-09-2013, 09:11 AM
While walking last evening the young man who burned me drove by on a scooter. He stopped and asked if we could talk. He apologized profusely, said he didn't remember doing it and that he couldn't believe what his mom told him the next morning about laughing and saying you got burned. He proceeded to tell me, he's not the type of person who could ever do that and that I was a great person. I explained to him, nicely, he is the type to do it because he did do it. I said I will accept his apology, but we can no longer have anything to do with each other. I will have the scar forever, for which he was shocked to see, and now I am back to being wary of people. He respected my wishes and we parted peacefully.

So I'm back on track! Already 30 min. walk this morning and I'll do my longer walk later. I've got a lot of errands today, plus New Haven. That visit ought to be fun. Down like .2 so it's still moving down.

Diana chances are I'll just color it black. I wanted to grow it out, but now I feel like I need a buzz again...I feel like I have control when I shave my head, not society or man, telling me how to wear my hair...but I need to color it! I hate grays.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Radiojane
07-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Novangel and Diana Thanks for the encouragement. It's just a slump and I'll get through it. I know I have to change up my exercise, or at least do yoga more often, and I've bought the dvds, the equipment etc. I don't know why I have such a tough time getting going! I need to ASAP because I want to build up my stamina for our trip to Yellowstone in September.

My scale is exactly the same as yesterday, 374.8 My body just loves that number! We went for a long walk with the dog last night, and I was acutely aware of my belly last night. I could feel the weight with every step. I think just to make it more comfortable, I'm going to wear my spanx. I hope the support will make it better.

Yesterday calories in:1689
hard boiled egg
cheddar cheese
broccoli
greek dip
chicken breast
baby carrots
spaghetti squash
homemade tomato beef sauce

Yesterday calories out: 680
25 minute swim
30 minute brisk walk

alaskanlaughter
07-09-2013, 03:09 PM
im already off work for the day :D:D I haven't taken time from work in so long that I've forgotten when....I have the rest of today off work and through Friday also....the last time I took any annual leave was last fall, I took a half of an afternoon off work when my DH had surgery....last summer I took a day off to go camping...and then two winters ago I took two days off to attend a funeral in the village...other than that I've been at work LOL

novangel
07-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Diana, I did go to the gym but after about 15min I left. I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't get enough sleep.

Radiojane
07-09-2013, 03:28 PM
I did 20 minutes of Barbara Benagh beginner yoga at lunch, a strong back program. I had to sub out the side planks with some bridges though, I'm not strong enough to do those without my instructor helping with some modify it for me.

I've been thinking of a radical overhaul after I hit year one - basically starting over, new exercise routines, especially since the pool policies are making me mad and I could save myself a little dosh. If I don't like it I can always go back, but I think maybe Novangel is right - maybe the status quo has stopped working. I may also see if I can go full paleo, cut the dairy and experiment more with my cooking.

That will all have to wait until the beginning of month 14, seeing as I'm spending a week in Wisconsin at the end of this month and spending the end of August in Montana and Wyoming.

IanG
07-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Despite busting it yesterday I was up another 0.6lbs this morning. Tuesdays I always gain. Sigh.

Anyway, I have also exercised hard today and have a happy hour after work tonight which will let me get in another 5k as it starts quite late (7pm).

Lunch: Salad with sardines, hummus, black beans, olives, beet, red onion, lettuce, carrot, assorted mushrooms, tomato, paw paw.

Exercise: 50 minutes in the gym this morning lifting weights. Will run 5k after work. I hope the knees continue to hold up.

If it does not rain tomorrow, I have another tennis doubles match. I will not work out all day tomorrow in expectation of that because my play is not good if I work out before it.

Diana3271
07-09-2013, 08:31 PM

Chronostasis Good job maintaining. Congrats on your fitness accomplishments.

Lilmisschattabox Good job avoiding the chips. :carrot:

Oxalis Good job on the .4. Hopefully things will start moving soon for you.

Mamakat I want my short again. But I want to give a chance with growing it since I am so far along. I hope New Haven goes well for you. Good job on the .2.

Alaskanlaughter Yay on getting out of work early. Did you get a chance to relax?

Novangel I hope you can get some rest tonight. Lack of sleep is not good.

Radiojane Will your SO eat full paleo, too? The changes may be good for you. Just make sure whatever changes you make that you can do them for the rest of your life. Good job on that brisk walk.

Ian I hope you knees hold up with the 5K. Don't forget about those knee strengthening/stretching exercises. I know they have been helpful to a lot of people. I have always been a naysayer with all of that stuff, but I think they have helped me.

Diana3271
07-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Total Approx 1430 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Napa Chicken & Portabellos 450 calories
Yogurt 100 calories
Apple 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves
Leslie Sansone Yellow Mile

Andrea85
07-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Great day #2 in a row!! Ate right on plan, a (hopefully) delicious dinner is baking in the oven, and I did strength training and zumba today. Kicked my booty! Not weighing right now, just want to get on track and enjoy eating well and working out for all those feel good reasons :)

mamakat
07-10-2013, 07:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I am .8 away from goal of 10 pounds, not of lowest weight recorded. I've already done 45 mins of walking and will of course do my evening walk and depending on the heat maybe an afternoon walk.

Diana my hair is long enough to make me look like a q-tip head (only black and gray LOL). I may shave it after all. I'll color it then let it sit for a day to see if I can handle it for another goal. It sure does motivate me to get out there. How long is your hair now?

Have a wonderful and healthy day

Diana3271
07-10-2013, 07:23 AM

Last night I added on: Good Nights Sleep from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1430 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 162.4
Down: .2

I will be back later.

Have a great day!

oxalis
07-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Good Morning!

I've been so hungry lately, but I'm still keeping calories in check. I am determined to lose more than a pound this month!

Today's Weight: 139.9 (down .3)
Yesterday's Calories: 1,450
Yesterday's Exercise: approx. 600 burned at the gym (running & elliptical) and 5 hours of moving heavy stuff around & organizing.

Psychic
07-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1292
Today's Weight: 174 (-0.4)

B - Hard Boiled Egg + String Cheese + Carrots
S - Diet Coke
L - Campbell's All Natural Italian Wedding Soup + Fiber One Lemon Bar
S - Diet Coke
D - Rye Bread w/ Ham and Cheese + Tortilla Chips + Diet Dr Pepper
S - Acaislim Smoothie + Colby Cheese

Doing well this week. I've had drops for days now.

Gonna Get There Soon
07-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Well somehow I managed to lose 2.6 lbs over the holiday weekend. I think it was because I planned the meals for everyone, so I made extra good healthy stuff that was tasty too...so no one even knew the difference!

Fought with the DH yesterday, so I hardly ate a thing....I never have an appetite when I'm stressed.
1100 cals in and no exercise

IanG
07-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks Diana and I will need to check out those exercises.

I was down 0.4lbs today so hopefully my weight is on the slide again.

I am doing no exercise today because I have doubles tennis tonight and very much need to not lose (I have been on the losing side for each game now and people have noticed). So I am going in rested and with both knees in check. I even have a new outfit so I don't have to wear my gym clothes which are too baggy.

The only catch is the weather. It could rain and if it does no tennis. Which would mean losing day of exercise, not to mention all the practice I have been doing for this important game. Wish me luck.

Lunch: Salad with octopus, hummus, black beans, white beans, corn, beet, red onion, lettuce, carrot, assorted mushrooms, tomato, paw paw.

Dinner: Will drink beer either at home if it rains or in a bar after tennis if it does not.

Exercise: None. Except hopefully tennis.

Radiojane
07-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Down .7 today, to 374.1 I really hope to see 373 something tomorrow. That 369 feels a million miles away.

Yesterday calories in:1393
hard boiled egg
string cheese
chicken breast
brocolli with greek dressing
steak
cooked carrots

Yesterday calories out:142 (according to the counter, it sure felt like more)
20 minutes "Strong back and core" beginner yoga

Diana I think my SO will go along. We're really close to all the way paleo most of the time anyway. I think I cheat more than him.

showchinesecresteds
07-10-2013, 07:13 PM
I am just going to add to the person getting the Boykin Spaniel. They do have hereditary problems. The Boykin Spanielís most common health problems are hip dysplasia, juvenile cataracts and the most recent discovered EIC (Exercise Induced Collapse). Both parents should have OFA cert for hips, CERF annually for eyes and they have a DNA test for EIC. They should have all these tests on paper. Don't just take their word for it. Hope this helps.
I have gotten so much help here for my weight loss that I help when I can :)
ML

Diana3271
07-10-2013, 09:15 PM
I am just going to add to the person getting the Boykin Spaniel. They do have hereditary problems. The Boykin Spanielís most common health problems are hip dysplasia, juvenile cataracts and the most recent discovered EIC (Exercise Induced Collapse). Both parents should have OFA cert for hips, CERF annually for eyes and they have a DNA test for EIC. They should have all these tests on paper. Don't just take their word for it. Hope this helps.
I have gotten so much help here for my weight loss that I help when I can :)
ML

Hi :wave:

Thank you for dropping in. I appreciate this info. Both of the parents have been tested. The information is in our packet. I know there is still chance of having a problem, though. Hopefully we will get lucky and not have any issues. We did research on the breeders. We were even trying to avoid the whole puppy mill, thing, too. Thank you, again. Stick around and join us or drop in when you get a chance.

Diana3271
07-10-2013, 09:25 PM

Andrea I hope you had another good day! Keep up the great work! :carrot:

Mamakat My hair is a little longer than the bottom of my ears. I am having issues with the elasticity (curl) on the sides. I am trying to get the sides the same length as the back. When it's wet, it's the same length, but when it dries, it shrinks up. :lol: So I'm still working on it. ;) The colored it and trimmed the back/top today. Keep up those walks!

Oxalis Have you tried eating some extra steamed veggies. When I have had bouts of the "bottomless pit syndrome" I will cook a whole package of veggies. That's normally 100-150 calories. That's a sure way to fill up without many calories. :D

Psychic Keep up the great work! Great job on the .4. :carrot:

Gonna Get There Soon Sorry about the stress from yesterday. Congrats on the 2.6 pounds, though!

Ian Where did you get the octopus? Did you bring it to work? I was thinking that you ate in the cafeteria at work. Maybe you bring your salad? Did you get a chance to play tennis?

Radijane I've got my fingers crossed for you! Congrats on the .7!

Diana3271
07-10-2013, 09:27 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled salmon 500 calories
steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves

Diana3271
07-11-2013, 07:18 AM

Last night I added on: Energy Balancing Yoga Practice from Quick Start Yoga For Weight Loss

Weigh In: 160.8
Down: 1.6 pounds

Have a great day!

oxalis
07-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Good Morning All!

I didn't feel like I ate very much yesterday, but when I added up my calories last night it was over 2,000; whoops! I forget how easy that can happen. :dizzy:

Today's Weight: 140.4 (up .5)
Yesterday's Calories: 2,050
Yesterday's Exercise: approximate 370 calories burned at the gym (walking & bike); 6 hours on my feet moving, packing, etc.

Diana: I love steamed vegetables but they seem to hurt my stomach. Raw is fine though. I think it is more mental, because I am definitely eating enough calories :(

Psychic
07-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1345
Today's Weight: 174

B - GetBalance Cereal w/ Almond Milk + Hard Boiled Egg
S - Diet Coke
L - Healthy Choice Chicken & Potatoes w/ Peach BBQ Sauce
S - Pistachios + Colby Cheese
D - Turkey Sausage w/ Hot Dog Bun & Mustard + Baked Breaded Pickles & Breaded Mushrooms
S - Fiber One Lemon Bar

174 again this morning. Haven't had electric since 6 o'clock yesterday. I am not a happy camper.

novangel
07-11-2013, 10:05 AM
No gym last night but I weighed in post TOM 138.4. :carrot: Still maintaining! I will workout today for sure I slept much better last night.

koigetshealthy
07-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Mamakat - It's probably a good idea to stay on amicable terms with your neighbors, they are your neighbors after all. If you avoid them completely it will make you seem much more like a narc (unfortunately). But seriously, screw that guy. He assaulted you!!! I would have kicked the s**t out of him!! I can't believe that!! I'm glad you're back on track!

Psychic - diet coke isn't a snack and the aspartame actually makes you gain weight as fast as regular soda! Try seltzer water with flavor in it. Soda makes you retain so much water weight. I hope your electric has returned. My boyfriend's was out yesterday around the same time - he had a tornado through his town (which is strange for Connecticut).

I got a raise and promotion this week - to celebrate I got my hair colored and cut yesterday... looks fab (I went from dark brown a year ago to light blonde currently - took a full year without any damage - was well worth it). and I got my makeup done at the benefit beauty bar in the mall yesterday. All of this was after personal training, and after working all day. Splurged a little on blush and an eyebrow color kit but I needed both of the things and $65 for both isn't that bad considering how long they last. I turn 23 on August 4th, and for your birthday the Benefit beauty bar perfects your eyebrows and does your makeup for free, so I definitely want to take advantage of that. I also bought some awesome bath bombs from Lush on my way out of the mall and had a bright purple phoenix rising bath after I got home last night.

I wanted to show you all the stark difference between my eating on Monday and my eating on the past two days, but it won't allow me to post the photos yet as I only have six posts on this account so far. I'm quite proud I was able to shift my eating habits back into place, anyway. You can see the food logs on my blog in the "journal" section if you're interested.

My only issue is that I don't know how to calculate the calories I'm burning from my hour personal training sessions. I know it's probably a lot. I started to cut my eating off at 8pm and I feel as though it helps me eat a better breakfast. I want breakfast to always be my biggest meal of the day.

I had sessions Tuesday and Wednesday after work already, I'm quite sore from those but I have today and tomorrow after work still to go for this week (and one cardio/hike 30 min session for saturday). I want my body to stop being so sore already! The insides of my elbows are even sore. What's up with that?

Anyway, I just wanted to share how I got back on track this week. I am more determined than ever. Had a great breakfast today, also. I passed out so fast after my bath last night, usually I have time to smoke a little bit before bed but I've just been way too tired to even do that after work and training and everything else I've been doing.

Hope everyone has been doing well! :hug:

mamakat
07-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Say what? There was a tornado in CT...this is why I should have a tv/cable. I never hear about this stuff. My phone said t-storms all day yesterday and we got nothing, that's after I raced through my walk. Today, however, I just barely squeezed through two storms...up to 3miles in an hour. That's pretty good, but this humid weather doesn't allow me to stay cool properly bluck.

koigetshealthy I plan to stay on good terms with everyone, kid included as I have tons of stuff in my house and I grew up with drug users and dealers and I know how easy things go missing. I'm not a mean person by nature, and hardly ever give eye contact to people, so it's not really snubbing them. If they say hey, then I will too :D

I'm back up 2 lbs, only difference in food is cottage cheese. guess who not eating that anymore :p I have two servings left of food (peppers and sausage) then I'm out of meat...DH told me to eat salad...uhm, I don't think that give me enough, but I can boil a couple of eggs to add with that. Only two days to go before he returns home to do laundry and then head to AZ.

Have a wonderful and healthy day.

Radiojane
07-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Koi Congrats on your raise and promotion! You definitely deserved the splurge! I permed my hair yesteray and I'm reserving judgement until I can wash it and play with it myself.

Diana when do you get your puppy? Alaskan I did finally get to look through all your pictures. What a fabulous place to live!

down .2 to 373.9. Not much, but I'll take it, especially since yesterday was a rest day and the only exercise I got was walking the dog. I was high on calories yesterday to, around 1900. I have to keep reminding myself that my bmr is close to 3K so if I hit 2K in a day the world won't end. I'm glad that I went as low cal as I did in the beginning, I think it helped to shed the weight that I needed to lose to be able to move, but now I exercise so much it's not feasible.

Yesterday calories in: 1886
garlic sausage
cheese
salad with pickles, crab meat and cottage cheese
chicken thighs
asparagus
ice cream
broccoli

IanG
07-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks Diana. I buy most of my salad at work but bring in a few low calorie protein things to spice it up. So, this week I have brought in octopus and sardines. At the weekend I will hit the scallops again.

I did play tennis last night. But then we went for beers and I was peer pressured into sharing a pizza. I only had two slices but I am still up 0.6lbs today.

Lunch: Salad with sardines, hummus, black beans, corn, beet, red onion, lettuce, carrot, assorted mushrooms, tomato, bulgar wheat, cranberries, shrimp.

Exercise: Ran a 5k at lunch. Will do 50 minutes of weight training after work.

Psychic
07-11-2013, 01:55 PM
koigetshealthy - I'm off and on with soda. I know its not great for me, but when I'm super busy at work and not able to sit down to eat a real snack, it keeps my stomach from growling.

novangel
07-11-2013, 06:06 PM
My cholesterol dropped 43 points, from 273 to 230. It's still considered "high" but the ratios are good. LDL was 178 and now it's 152..Doc said needs to be 150 or lower. Close enough if you ask me. He comes back from vacation next week and we will talk then about meds, if they're necessary. I only talked with the nurse.

Diana3271
07-11-2013, 10:15 PM

Oxalis It is amazing how quickly the calories add up. I did that on Saturday. The bad thing is that I didn't even get full!

Psychic Are you having storms there? I hope you have power by now.

Novangel Congrats on maintaining and on the cholesterol test. I agree it's close enough.

Koigetshealthy Congrats on the raise and promotion!

Mamakat I bet the gain was from the sodium in the cottage cheese. Have you ever tried ricotta cheese? It has less salt. That's what I eat. You know that I don't need to swell up any more. :lol:

Radiojane We will be getting the puppy the last weekend of the month! :yay: I hope he doesn't end up being a little monster and driving me crazy. :lol: I already have enough issues. :lol: Good job on the .2! They all add up! ;)

Ian Good job only having 2 pieces of pizza. That's so hard to do.

Diana3271
07-11-2013, 10:18 PM

Total Approx 1380 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories

Exercise:
All 5 Miles from Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan

Psychic
07-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Diana - Its rained every day for the last two weeks. Its supposed to be done now though. The electric is back on, so I'm happy.

Diana3271
07-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :woohoo:

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1380 + :coffee:
Down: 1 pound

Have a great day!

qtkitty
07-12-2013, 07:18 AM
I had wheat last night. Intentionally. My mom has been bugging me that these supposed allergies I am claiming are something from my stomach being messed up. This morning I am hurting. Now she is acting like it's in my head. I am not going to be in pain all my life because other people think my pain is in my head. I live in my body and I know when I hurt. Grr

Sorry for the rant. Oh and I also gained 4 lbs since yesterday.

I am ok with being deemed crazy for the things that I do if it means I feel better. I have been changing what I put on my body too. I think that this weekend I am going to put all the products I am not using and get rid of them. I have things in cabinets I have not used ever, but was given when I was in high school. Mom has been pushing I keep because I may need them. Ugh lol. Time to declutter!!!

oxalis
07-12-2013, 07:57 AM
GOOD morning everyone!

Was in a bit of a depressed mood yesterday, didn't do much work or eating for that matter. Went to bed by at 7:30 pm and woke up feeling much better.

let's make today a great one!

Today's Weight: 138.8 (down 1.4) :cool:
Yesterday's Calories: 910 (approx.)
Yesterday's Exercise: 30 mins elliptical/30 min run at 6.4 mph; approx. 600 calorie burn.

qtkitty: Decluttering is fantastic; it really helps me get out of a funk! Sometimes when I'm feeling frustrated and overwhelmed with something completely unrelated, like work for example, I will take a few hours and get rid of a bunch of stuff I don't use or no longer need. Actually, our place is pretty sparse now because of this, but it has totally put me in the right headspace!

Psychic
07-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1560

B - McDonald's Egg White Delight + McDonald's Sugarfree Vanilla Iced Coffee
L - Wendy's 6 pc. Nugget + Wendy's Caesar Side Salad + Wendy's Strawberry Lemonade
D - Chicken Spinach and Mushroom Flatbread

Didn't weigh myself this morning. Sodium bloat for sure. I didn't have electric yesterday morning and couldn't open the fridge, so I couldn't make food for breakfast or lunch. Calories weren't terrible though. I only had 100 over. I wouldn't even had eaten that many if Wendy's didn't screw up my order. I ordered an unsweetend strawberry tea and they gave me strawberry lemonade. Didn't realize it till after I left and they were too packed for me to go get a replacement.

Radiojane
07-12-2013, 11:24 AM
down .4 to 373.5 today. I may beat this water weight completely by the end of next week! Ideally I'd like to be at a new low on Aug 1, because that's my 1 year mark, but I know that because we're traveling, that may not happen.

Yesterday calories in 1700
Yesterday calories out 450 - yoga

alaskanlaughter
07-12-2013, 01:32 PM
I am here....my parents are visiting...i'll be back more this weekend after they leave

IanG
07-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Up another 1lb today. There must be one almighty whoosh coming!

Lunch: Salad with octopus, garlic hummus, corn, beet, red onion, lettuce, carrot, mushrooms, tomato, green beans, garlic, apple, argula.

Dinner: Am drinking beer (Stone RuinTen)

Exercise: Ran a 5k at lunch.

Diana3271
07-12-2013, 09:46 PM

Psychic I'm glad the power came back on for you. We have had a lot of rain, too. It is suppose to rain all weekend due to the remnants of Chantal.

Qtkitty Ugh! Sorry about the allergy issues. Go with what you think. Back in the day, I thought I had a food allergy. I had gotten to the point that I was terrified of most food. That was a bad time for me. It ended up not being a food allergy (it was the angioedema), but I knew there was something wrong. Hang in there. Without a doubt the 4 pounds is water weight from the reaction you had.

Oxalis Glad you are feeling better. Good job on the 1.4 pounds.

Radiojane Good job on the .4, especially with it being a yoga day. :carrot:

Alaskanalughter Enjoy the time with your family. Did they comment about your weight loss?

Ian Do you have any exercise plans for the weekend? I know you stay busy around the house, anyways.

Diana3271
07-12-2013, 09:49 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees (did this one before I got ready for work )
KCM's 30 MTF TLC (both workouts premix) w/weighted gloves
Tamilee Webb Total Stretch for Beginners (standing)

qtkitty
07-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Diana~ Thanks ... I feel really good with fruit and veg. It's the question of getting enough ripe fresh goodness. I have been going crazy over watermelon. I will be so sad when the season is over for them.

Diana3271
07-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Weekend! :carrot:

Last night I added on: Deep Rest from Yoga for Stress Relief

No Change

TTOM is getting ready to start any day now.

Have a great day!

Psychic
07-13-2013, 08:07 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1545
Today's Weight: 174

B - GetBalanced Cereal w/ Almond Milk + ID Light Iced Coffee
S - Yopa Key Lime Yogurt w/ Graham Crackers
L - Marie Callender's Cheesy Chicken and Rice, Broccoli, Mushrooms
S - Fiber One Lemon Bar
D - 2 slice Medium Pizza Hut Supreme Pizza + Colby Cheese
S - Lipton Harvest Strawberry & Passionfruit Tea w/ Honey

Not terrible yesterday, but about 100 over my limit. I think I'm getting sick. I had an upset stomach all day yesterday. Last night, I got a sore throat and started coughing and getting congested. Same symptoms this morning. I took some cold meds and I'll be drinking more tea with honey for my throat.

oxalis
07-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Good Morning!

Finally broke out of 138-141 range (barely)! This is the lowest I have weighed in over 10 years, so I'm pretty excited!

Unfortunately it won't last though, since TOM is coming. BUT, after TOM is when I have a monthly whoosh (2-3 days after, like clockwork), so I'm excited for that!

Today's Weight: 137.7 (down 1.1) :D
Yesterday's Calories: 1,220
Yesterday's Exercise: -

goin4it
07-13-2013, 12:34 PM
I joined 3FC Thursday night. Yesterday was my first official day of my new efforts/program. Lost and gained many times over the years. This thread looks extremely supportive and motivating. I had started posting on another challenge board, with plans of posting meals and exercise, but that board doesn't appear to be very active.

Anyway my starting weight yesterday am 177.4, this morning weight 174.2 (woohoo! I know that's water weight, but I'll take it and use it for for all it's worth as motivation! My goal is to lose about 40 pds.

I'm working on following the Eat Clean diet program. Will be posting frequently to hold myself accountable.

Today M1: Microwave scrambled eggs, 1 egg, 2 egg whites, c of spinach, chopped red and yellow peppers, coffee

Plan to do a full body workout before noon on my GTS

novangel
07-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Doc said no meds!! Yay!! Still have to monitor though so re-test in April.

Jesserz
07-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Hey everyone! I'm going to just jump in here. I'm on my 9th day of working out every single day in a row (I'm going for 30 days)

Why did my weight go up this morning though? Please tell me it is muscle.

I've been staying within my calories and finding tons of protein. My goodness I've never been good at protein, but here I am, kicking it's butt. Go me.

IanG
07-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Congrats Novangel. Great news!

Down 0.6lbs today. Yes Diana, I really busted it today.

Lunch: Salad with pan-seared scallops, spicey hummus, corn, red onion, lettuce, assorted mushrooms, tomato, olives, sun-dried tomato and pickled onion.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Maine Beer Company 'Lunch' and Oskar Blues Deviant Dales)

Exercise: Ran a 5k in the morning. Did some tiling. Mowed the lawn.

The New G
07-13-2013, 06:25 PM
I saw this thread and think it is a fantastic idea. I have no support system so I need a place to be accountable so I dont falter again!

I am just starting the Paleo diet today, I will journal my activity tomorrow morning.

Starting weight 389.5 Height 5'9"
Calorie target 1800-2000 a day

Diana3271
07-13-2013, 10:01 PM

Qtkitty Hey, when one season ends another begins. ;) Something to look forward to.

Psychic I hope you're not getting sick and you feel better. :hug:

Oxalis Congrats on your weigh in! :carrot:

Goin4it Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weigh in!

Novangel Congrats on the news from the Dr!

Jesserz Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: The gain can be from various reasons, sodium, muscles holding onto water, hormones, etc. There are daily fluctuations that happen, too.

Ian Good job on the .6 and staying active!

The New G Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Good luck with the Paleo diet. We look forward to watching you reach your weight loss goals.

Diana3271
07-13-2013, 10:11 PM
I had a bottomless pit issue earlier today. After I ate my breakfast, I literally felt like I had not eaten a thing. My stomach literally felt empty. I don't have this very often, but it seems to come more often around TTOM. I am expecting TTOM any time now. I had to eat a larger lunch than normal. I literally had 5 servings of okra (a whole package) and 3 servings of diced tomatoes (whole can) and the Greek yogurt. I was finally full after all of that.

Tomorrow DH and I are going to a fondue restaurant. I wanted to do this for my birthday this year. My birthday is next week. The restaurant is in Myrtle Beach, so it's a 1 1/2 hour drive. We can't drive that far during the week, so we are going this weekend. Going to a fondue restaurant is on my bucket list. I can't wait and hope it's good.

Total Approx 1665 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (520 Calories)
Greek Yogurt 270 Calories
Stewed Okra/tomatoes 250 Calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
small slice of bread 100 calories
steamed broccoli 75 calories
steamed yellow squash 75 calories
Grilled grouper 300 calories
1 fried scallop (from DH) 50 calories
1 fried shrimp (from DH) 50 calories
1 fried oyster (from DH) 50 calories
4 French Fries 50 calories

Exercise:
Gentle Wake Up From AM PM Yoga for Beginners
Mimi Solaire's Deep Stretch Neck and Shoulders
TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

IanG
07-13-2013, 10:14 PM
God. I love fondue. I used to make my own.

Diana3271
07-13-2013, 10:17 PM
God. I love fondue. I used to make my own.

Have you ever been to a fondu restaurant? They have a variety of cheeses to choose from for the appetizer. I'm torn between two. http://www.meltingpot.com/our-menu/cheese-fondue.aspx I think I am going to stick with the Traditional Swiss Cheese. I think DH would prefer the Cheddar Cheese.

Psychic
07-13-2013, 10:57 PM
goin4it, Jesserz, and The New G: Welcome to DA. We're happy to give support.

Diana: Definitely getting sick. It seems like my immune system is fighting it pretty well, but I have the feeling that its going to hit my harder tomorrow.

IanG: Fondue just sounds amazing to me. I've never had it. I'm a cheese addict though.

goin4it
07-13-2013, 11:35 PM
Thank you Diana3271 and Psychic for the welcome.

Diana3271- The Melting Pot is fabulous! Recently tried it on vacation in San Diego, yummy yummy! I highly recommend the spinach artichoke cheese for the appetizer. We had pork tenderloin, chicken breast and sirloin steak for the main course cooked in vegetable broth. All extremely good! Dessert was equally yummy, worth the splurge for a birthday.

Had lunch with my daughter at Three Sisters Mexican restaurant in Sacramento today. Very proud of my food choice. Told them I had special dietary needs, asked for romaine lettuce, grilled chicken and a little avocado with a light cucumber dressing on the side. I only used 2 tsp of dressing. It was yummy, passed up the chips and salsa! Water with lemon for my beverage.

Rotisserie chicken and asparagus for dinner. Didn't count calories today but I'm sure I'm under 1500.

Chronostasis
07-14-2013, 12:03 AM
Dropping in for just a sec to read. Congrats on no meds, Novangel!
Diana~ Thanks ... I feel really good with fruit and veg. It's the question of getting enough ripe fresh goodness. I have been going crazy over watermelon. I will be so sad when the season is over for them.100% this. I've been eating large enough quantities of watermelon lately to count it as meals. And I don't really want to cook much of anything lately or eat any hot food, so it's been looooots of fresh fruit, veggies, and nuts. I only wish summer (meaning cheap seasonal produce) lasted longer

Oh, and in other news, I'm officially at a healthy BMI now, as of a few days ago. :D I also feel I've reached a sort of "zen" mode for weight loss - I don't have to think about my food or calories that much, because my default calorie intake is set at a decent deficit. I have found the mental and physical off-switch that deters me from overeating. It's a great feeling.

alaskanlaughter
07-14-2013, 12:55 AM
ive got to get back into the groove of eating right....my parents leave tomorrow :(:( and I have to get back into good eating....I haven't been eating LOADS of unhealthy choices but virtually everything I've eaten has been junk in some form or another....since they are from a remote homestead, they delight in the fresh donuts from the bakery every morning, various coffees, deli foods from the big stores, fresh pizzas and gourmet birthday treats (mom's birthday) and I've eaten right along with them...also TOM is supposed to start in a few days so my willpower to behave has been seriously short with food...while I haven't eaten the same amount of food as they have (they said I can just roll them onto the airplane tomorrow lol) ive definitely been eating one bad choice after another and sometimes going back for more :(

I worked out on the weekdays but then haven't on the weekend....I had a fabulous plan to go run a series of hills and stairs this morning while mom walked through the cemetery (we are both tombstone junkies) but it was raining and would have made the route and stairs too slippery to run safely

anyhow, tomorrow I have to get back on plan and stick to something to get some more weight off

The New G
07-14-2013, 01:30 AM
Thank you all for the welcome!

Did my first day of the Paleo plan and I have to say I wasn't hungry AT ALL.

I have always had a major candy addiction and to go the whole day without even thinking about eating any is a shock. Not having grains, dairy or sugar for the whole day and always feeling full after I ate was totally unexpected!

Hopefully, this isn't just a first day adrenaline rush and I finally found a plan that works for me!

My short term goal is to run a half marathon in January (i don't run at all now). I am in pretty decent condition though so this is a doable goal even if I would still be over 300lbs by the time I run (but i hope not :D )

Here's hoping I dont wake up with a headache from the carb withdrawal tomorrow!

Diana3271
07-14-2013, 08:42 AM

Last Night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Today I will take a rest day from working out since we will be driving to Myrtle Beach to the fondue place.

I haven't completely lost all the water weight from my crazy reaction last week. I am still up but it's less than a pound. TTOM is getting ready to start. I'm sure that's part of the reason I haven't lost any more and stalled. I will be faced with TTOM this week and I'm sure I will have a sodium gain from the food today. I plan on having a smaller lunch like a grilled chicken wrap, etc.

Calories for yesterday: 1665 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160
Up: .2

Enjoy your day!

The New G
07-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Yesterday journal - total calories 1394
B-3 eggs, strawberries, pecans
L-carne asada, lettuce, guacamole, salsa
S-jerky, almonds
D-cajun shrimp, carrots
S-turkey slices
Water - 116oz

Woke up clear, no headache or stomach rumblings from cutting out grains and sugar yesterday. Feeling quite good and noticed the bit of water retention in my ankles is gone!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

oxalis
07-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Happy Sunday!

Just as I expected, they scale went back up, but no complaints here! :cool:

today's weight: 138.9 (up 1.2)
yesterday's calories: 1,585
yesterday's exercise: approx. 450 calorie burn running/walking outside in the heat.

IanG
07-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Down 0.4lbs today. The days of the big losses look to be over.

Never mind, I pan-seared some snails today to eat with my salad.

Delicious.

Lunch: Salad with pan-seared snails with garlic and parsley, spicey hummus, corn, red onion, lettuce, assorted mushrooms, tomato, olives, sun-dried tomato and pickled onion.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Stone RuinTen)

Exercise: Ran 5K this morning.

Once a week I will eat snails from now on. Like I do scallops.

The New G
07-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Once a week I will eat snails from now on. Like I do scallops.

What is the nutritional value of a snail? I gotta know!:D

Psychic
07-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Yesterday's Calories: 1645
Today's Weight: 173.4

B- Chicken, Spinach, and Mushroom Flatbread + Hard Boiled Egg + Colby Cheese
S - Tortilla Chips w/ Melted Cheese and Jalepenos
L - Rye Bread w/ Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad & Provolone
S - Cucumber
D - Whole Wheat English Muffin w/ Peanut Butter & Sugarfree Strawberry Jelly
S - Fiber One Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar + Diet Dr Pepper

Yesterday was a planned cheat day, but I really didn't do so badly. I'm feeling a little better today. Haven't had an appetite all day though. One good thing... New low! I might just reach 172 this month.

alaskanlaughter
07-14-2013, 10:21 PM
my parents went home today :( they left on a noon flight from here and are on their last flight right now, landing in 45 minutes and then driving 2 hours to their homestead....yes, that's how long it takes to travel around the GREAT STATE of Alaska!! :D

ive tried to back off on the eating today and had more appropriate portions of food...granted, not the best food possible but at least not as much eating as I've been doing the last 4 days or so

I really need to start getting back to lower carb and no wheat...it works much better for me than plain old calorie counting :( but it sucksssss because I really don't like meat, cheese or eggs bleck :( but maybe i'll try it again

lilmisschattabox
07-15-2013, 05:16 AM
Been a bit so-so this week. I think I've just been tired and couldn't really be bothered. So up about a pound which i need to get off again this week. Trying to get back some motivation!!

Diana3271
07-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: :tired:

We didn't get home until 11 PM, then I had to get ready for bed. Not enough sleep for me. I am tired this morning. I will post about my fondu experience later today.

Still no TTOM.

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 162.6
Up: 2.6

oxalis
07-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Good Morning All!

Busted my butt at the gym yesterday because I knew I'd be eating a little more than usual that night. Up on the scale again, but it's water weight; TOM is coming.

today's weight: 139.7 (up .8)
yesterday's calories: 1,700 (lots of salty food!)
yesterday's exercise: approx. 800 calorie burn at the gym (running & elliptical)

IanG: Your lunches sound so good! Do you use any dressing or any oil & vinegar?

Psychic
07-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1355
Today's Weight: 173.8

B - King Vitamin Cereal w/ Almond Milk + Coffee w/ Sugarfree Caramel Syrup
S - Jack Link's Tender Bites
L - Japanese Onion Soup
S - Fiber One Lemon Bar
D - Hard Boiled Eggs + String Cheese + Salsa Flavored Tortillas
S - Popcorn + Cheddar Cheese

Slight gain today, but I'm hoping its water weight. I plan on checking out a gym tomorrow and probably getting a membership.

Radiojane
07-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Sorry guys, kind of a crazy weekend!

We had a scary storm rip through Saturday. water up past the car tires, hail, winds that took my charcoal grill and threw it across the lot and decapitated all the lawn fairies on my deck.... the list goes on. We had it easy. My mom is an hour and a half away and they lost all their crops and gardens.

I ate junk all weekend, first an appetizer at the bar Friday (although I did stick to water) then pizza on Saturday and we had cheesecake etc yesterday for my BIL and MIL's birthday. That and impending TOM have me up to 377. So much for hitting the 360's by the wedding. I think I'll have to accept that my weight loss for year one isn't going to be much more than 110 pounds.

We took the dog to my in laws yesterday, and I'm still seething. I may not speak to hubby until we leave for vacation! I didn't want to take the dog, because my SIL has two with no manners and no training that get to do whatever they want. They beat the crap out of poor Toby, who was behaving perfectly, and then got mad when Toby growled at them later on when they'd go near him. The poor guy was having so much fun with my MIL's dog before they got there too. I knew it was going to happen. And the attitude I got about it after just ticked me off.

Back at it today. I have company coming for dinner but I'm cooking on plan. Hoping to go for a late night swim.

The New G
07-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Yesterday journal
B-steak, orange, pecans
L-Steak fajita, guacamole, lettuce, salsa
S-jerky, cucumbers
D-chicken, strawberries, olives
Total calories 1304
Water 80oz.

I am trying to limit how often I weigh myself as I have the tendency to become a slave to the scale, but I am down 5.5 today from Saturday. I am sure most is water, but I feel like the Paleo lifestyle could really work for me. I am definitely eating much healthier and that alone is a good thing, whether I lose weight or not.

To Radiojane - Wow! Your weight loss is amazing in one year! What plan have you been following?

IanG
07-15-2013, 03:49 PM
Thanks oxalis. I do not use dressings, just a side of hummus.

Down 0.8lbs today - a mini whoosh.

Lunch: Salad with octopus, hummus, corn, red onion, lettuce, assorted mushrooms, beet, carrot, chick peas, green beans and garlic.

Exercise: Did weights for 50 minutes this morning. Ran 5K before lunch.

Come on scale. MOVE!

Diana3271
07-15-2013, 05:36 PM

Here are my thoughts from my fondue experience, some people may not want to read on. I don't want to temp others, but I still want to share my experience:

I knew I wanted to go to the Melting Pot for my birthday, so I signed up for their emails and birthday club. I got an email stating that if you come in during your birthday they will give you 6 handmade chocolate covered strawberries. You have to call and make reservations in advance since they make them as needed. I called in our reservation and told them it was my birthday. I was concerned about them singing, etc. He said no they don't do that. I was relieved. When we got there, they had a birthday card on the table. Of course they do that for everyone but it was very nice. The waiter was spot on with everything. This Melting Pot has received a lot of awards, etc. and is rated as one of the best restaurants in SC. Initially I was concerned about the cheese, since DH doesn't like Swiss. The waiter said the Swiss has a very distinctive Swiss flavor, so I knew that wasn't the best one for us. I had heard good reviews about the spinach artichoke and the waiter recommended this one but my DH doesn't like artichokes, LOL. We chose the cheddar and it was the best choice for us. They brought out fresh, raw veggies, 3 different types of cubed bread, and granny smith apples. We chose the combo meal that had filet, chicken breast, shrimp, mushroom/pasta pouches, and lobster. We chose the Coq Au Vin to cook in, which is red wine and herbs. If I had it to do over, I would probably get the Mojo. The Coq Au Vin had a great flavor but it imparts the red color to the food. Also, if I had it to do over, I would not order chicken. I am funny about chicken and DH almost touched it one time. It made me nervous. Everything was cooked long enough, but the chicken had the pink color from the wine. Again, everything had excellent flavor and it was done, but there was just an uneasiness about it. The lobster was the best that we have ever had. The veggies were potatoes, broccoli and portabella mushrooms. We chose the snickers chocolate for dessert. It was crunchy peanut butter, milk chocolate, and caramel. They brought us rice crispy treats, strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, pound cake, brownies, oreo covered marshmallows, coconut covered marshmallows. It was freakin' awesome! As we were getting ready to leave they brought out the box of chocolate covered strawberries. They are in 2's, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate. The food and service were both excellent and I would do it again. I just made note about the things that I would do differently in case you decide to go and you would have a heads up before hand.

I am picking up personals from today:

oxalis I am waiting on TTOM, too! Great job at the gym!

Psychic I hope you can find a gym that you like. Are you interested in classes was well as equipment?

Radiojane You have done fantastic in this year. Maybe you can work on maintaining during your vacation/travel time. Maybe you can still loose, too. A good idea is to have 2 smaller meals and one larger meal or stay on plan most of the time but certain meals will be off plan, etc. Find something that will work for you and tweak it as you go along. Sorry about the bad weather. Poor little Toby. Show him some extra love.

The New G Great job on the 5.5 pounds! Enjoy those losses! This is the fun time! As you lose your weight the losses are smaller but you have other achievements you are excited about. :carrot:

Ian Congrats on the .8. Love all the whooshes! :D

Diana3271
07-15-2013, 09:48 PM

I'm feeling tired tonight. I need to get ready for bed and try to do a short yoga practice. :yoga: I don't think the yoga has necessarily helped me, yet. I have heard it is cumulative, though, so we'll see. ;)

Total Approx 1310 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (530 Calories)
Pasta e Fagioli 130 Calories
Venetian Apricot Chicken 400 calories

Exercise:
JM Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

novangel
07-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Once again I got too caught up in the weekend festivals, work, and horrible sleep and I have done nothing in a few days. My weight is perfect but I need to continue to exercise for my mental well-being more than anything else.

I hope I get good sleep tonight. :crossed:

Try again tomorrow.

Psychic
07-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Diana - Classes just aren't for me. I'm pretty reserved. I never took any when I lived near LA Fitness. The gym I'm checking out is actually attached to a chiropractic/physical rehabilitation place, so they don't offer classes. I recently discovered that you can get a membership to use their gym. $49 initiation plus $15 a month.

alaskanlaughter
07-16-2013, 12:31 AM
I worked on lowering my carbs today....I was right around 170 carbs today and caved to a bowl of ice cream :( I know 170 isn't even very low but my goal was just to be aware and to track them and not fall too far off track....over the last 4-5 days with my parents here ive had UNLIMITED amounts of total cr*p food....so to cave to a single bowl of ice cream at the end of the day is still far better than I've been behaving lol....didn't have any wheat today, which was progress again...am headed into TOM very soon too...will keep plugging along tomorrow :)

I made the best progress when I was actually prediabetic and eating like a diabetic - eating carbs in small portions, tracking them, waiting 2 hours to eat again, not eating right before bedtime etc....at least that's how I THINK a diabetic would eat lol....I need to get back into that

lilmisschattabox
07-16-2013, 05:04 AM
Not too bad and not too great. Had pizza for dinner last night and pasta tonight, but lunches and breakfast were good! Hoping the scale is nicer for my weigh in at the end of the week. I need to start exercising at some point but I'm still being lazy.

Diana fondue sounds awesome!

Diana3271
07-16-2013, 07:10 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga For Stress Relief

Calories for yesterday: 1310 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 162
Down: .6

Still no TTOM

Have a great day!

oxalis
07-16-2013, 07:35 AM
Good Morning!

Didn't make it to the gym yesterday, but we went our for a long, hot, walk last night which was pretty satisfying.

today's weight: 137.7 :D
yesterday's calories:1,290
yesterday's exercise: 2 hour walk in the HEAT; cleaned the house; free weights (approx. 500 calorie burn)

Psychic
07-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1850

B - Spinach & Asiago Bagelful + String Cheese + ID Light Iced Coffee
S - Yopa Key Lime Yogurt w/ Graham Crackers
L - HC Portabella Marsala Pasta + Stila Oat Clusters
S - Ice Cream Sandwich
D - Burger on Wheat Bun w/ Pepperjack Cheese, Jalepenos, and Mustard + Couscous + Spring Mix w/ Caesar Dressing
S - String Cheese

I ate a lot more than planned yesterday. Most of my calories came from dinner. Thankfully, my weight doesn't seem like it took a hit. Going to the gym after work to get my membership. :)

Radiojane
07-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Diana I hope to maintain at least while we're gone. I should get a lot of exercise, and while my bf wants to check out all the places on diners, drive ins and dives, I'm limiting him to restaurant food only on the drive there and back, and maybe one meal if we go into the city.

I didn't get to the gym yesterday because I had company over for dinner, but I was still within my calories and managed to take off 2 of the 4 pounds of water weight I put on over the weekend. I took the dog for a walk this morning, and I'm hoping for a longer one tonight as well as some yoga after work.

Yesterday calories in 1500
sockeye salmon fillet with mayo glaze
cheddar cheese
baked chicken thigh and leg
green beans
dill dip
cucumber tomato and onion salad

IanG
07-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Up 0.2lbs today. I am convinced that I am experiencing a plateau. My first on ths journey so far, so it is a bit of a shock.

Lunch: Salad with sardines, hummus, corn, red onion, lettuce, assorted mushrooms, beet, carrot, cous cous, argula, apple, shrimp, salmon.

Exercise: Did weights for 50 minutes at lunch. Will be playing squash this evening followed by beers.

Come on scale. MOVE!

Radiojane
07-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Yesterday journal
B-steak, orange, pecans
L-Steak fajita, guacamole, lettuce, salsa
S-jerky, cucumbers
D-chicken, strawberries, olives
Total calories 1304
Water 80oz.

I am trying to limit how often I weigh myself as I have the tendency to become a slave to the scale, but I am down 5.5 today from Saturday. I am sure most is water, but I feel like the Paleo lifestyle could really work for me. I am definitely eating much healthier and that alone is a good thing, whether I lose weight or not.

To Radiojane - Wow! Your weight loss is amazing in one year! What plan have you been following?

Keep in mind that I started really, really big. ;) It moves a little faster at that size. I loosely follow paleo/primal, meaning I try to eat only natural foods, nothing processed (so basically meat, vegetables, fruit etc) I watch my calories and I try to stay fairly low carb. That and some exercise is all there is to tell.

I'm coming out of a really long plateau right now, so I'm hoping to see some lower numbers soon!

The New G
07-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Keep in mind that I started really, really big. ;) It moves a little faster at that size. I loosely follow paleo/primal, meaning I try to eat only natural foods, nothing processed (so basically meat, vegetables, fruit etc) I watch my calories and I try to stay fairly low carb. That and some exercise is all there is to tell.

I'm coming out of a really long plateau right now, so I'm hoping to see some lower numbers soon!

I think what you have accomplished is amazing. Being close to 400 was my wake up call, but it took me a couple of years to get there as part of me felt like it was a lost cause so why bother. To get out of that mindset was a big part of the journey for me. I am so impressed that you have done this naturally and at a healthy, safe pace. I would expect a big plateau after a major loss like that as your body has to develop a new "set point" and learn to operate at this weight level.

I am sure you will start losing again and am glad you are still motivated to do so, it is inspiring to me!

novangel
07-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Ian, this is just a suggestion but try eating higher calorie (around 1,800-2,000) for a day or two while continuing to run, and then go back to low calorie. That usually caused a decent woosh for me. It might show a temp water gain on the scale but as you know it soon comes off. The closer you get to goal the harder it gets. The last 10p are a real b*tch.

The New G
07-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Yesterday journal
B- chicken breast
S-chicken salad, avocado salsa
L-jerky, cucumber, macadamia nuts
S-halibut
D-eggs, raspberries
Total cal 1277
Water 80oz.

Gonna start exercising tomorrow now that I am 3 days in to the eating plan. Starting small with calisthenics and half mile walk for a couple of days, then add some kettle ball and increase walking distance by the weekend.

Radiojane
07-16-2013, 05:49 PM
I think what you have accomplished is amazing. Being close to 400 was my wake up call, but it took me a couple of years to get there as part of me felt like it was a lost cause so why bother. To get out of that mindset was a big part of the journey for me. I am so impressed that you have done this naturally and at a healthy, safe pace. I would expect a big plateau after a major loss like that as your body has to develop a new "set point" and learn to operate at this weight level.

I am sure you will start losing again and am glad you are still motivated to do so, it is inspiring to me!

Thank you :)

The mindset is huge, but once you have it, it's (mostly) downhill.

Diana3271
07-16-2013, 09:47 PM

Novangel I hope you were able to rest well last night.

Psychic Good deal on the gym membership!

Alaskanlaughter Maybe you can google diabetes diet and see what comes up. I know they are lower in carbs/sugar. The carbs tend to be complex carbs. Give it a try to see how it works for you. You may do well with it.

Lilmisschattabox Are you familiar with Les Mills? I think he started his programs in Aukland, New Zealand. Is there a Les Mills program that you would find interesting?

Oxalis Walking is great! :carrot:

Ian Good luck with your game tonight.

Radiojane I think maintaining is a good idea. Just make sure you have a plan. I do better with a plan. It's never perfect, but it's better than not planning. :lol: Good job on the water weight.

The New G Good luck with your new exercise plan! :carrot:

Diana3271
07-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Total Approx 1380 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner
Grilled Sirloin 400 calories

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone 4 Mile Power Walk

GMNEVO
07-16-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm baaack!!! Its been almost a month if not more since I last posted....I've lost a few more pounds but nothing major since I was keeping on track on the week and destroying all progress in the weekend. Just saw a tv show (pregnant while obese) and got slapped back into track. Not planning to have a baby at the moment but got some practice so just seeing all the struggles and the baby risks made me get of my couch go to zumba class and got back in here. Tomorrow is a new day 1!

The New G
07-17-2013, 04:53 AM
I'm baaack!!! Its been almost a month if not more since I last posted....I've lost a few more pounds but nothing major since I was keeping on track on the week and destroying all progress in the weekend. Just saw a tv show (pregnant while obese) and got slapped back into track. Not planning to have a baby at the moment but got some practice so just seeing all the struggles and the baby risks made me get of my couch go to zumba class and got back in here. Tomorrow is a new day 1!

I was pregnant while obese (at end of pregnancy I was around 380) and 32 yrs old. Had a healthy girl at term, no complications during pregnancy or during delivery (natural childbirth). Only pain in the butt was my skinny beverly hills doctor who kept making me take a diabetes test every other week because he was convinced I was going to get it. Never was close! And that glucose drink was just nasty!!!

lilmisschattabox
07-17-2013, 05:22 AM
Taco salad for dinner! I left the tortillas to my fiance. Hopefully it helps. Starting to wonder if I'll ever even hit my first mini goal at this rate.

Diana yes we have Les Mills at a couple of gyms here but I can't afford a gym right now. I have some work out dvd's I could be doing, but I've just been lazy. No one to blame but myself lol.

Stars
07-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Weighing in at 116 today! Scale showed 115.4, 115.8 and 116 so I always go with the higher weight. Deciding on changing my goal weight to 105 instead of 110.

Diana3271
07-17-2013, 07:18 AM

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Still no TTOM. Not that I am complaining, but not sure why it hasn't started, yet. :dunno:

Calories for yesterday: 1380 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 161
Down 1 pound

Stars Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Have a great day!

oxalis
07-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Good Morning!

TOM came this morning, which explains why I ate 1,700 calories worth of refined carbs yesterday! To make myself feel better, I convinced my husband to go for anther walk/run with me last night in the 100 degree heat. We call them double-sessions :faint: :stars:

I am expecting my whoosh on Sunday or Monday (2-3 pounds hopefully!) and I couldn't be more excited!

today's weight: 138.0
yesterday's calories: 1,700
yesterday's exercise: 1 hour at the gym elliptical & inclined walking (approx. 600 c. burn); another 1.5 hour evening power walk/run in the 100 degree heat! (approx. 500 c. burn)

Psychic
07-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1557

B - Butter Pecan Ensure
S - Pistachios + String Cheese
L - Charley's Reg. Buffalo Chicken Sub + Diet Pepsi
D - LC Spinach Artichoke Dip w/ Pita + Cucumber Slices
S - String Cheese

I went to the gym and got my forms to sign up for the membership. I'm going back today to turn it in and pay. I'm planning on doing at least a 45 minute workout today. Probably 20 minutes on the elliptical and then some strength training for my upper body. I plan on going to the gym at least 3 days a week.

fitstrongchica
07-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Maybe recording my food will help me stay on track...

Yesterday I had:
1 bowl Multigrain Cereal with Flaxseeds
Marinated Salmon and 1 Cup Brown Rice
5 Go Lean Crisps Bars
1 Nature Valley Bar
1 Chobani Strawberry

Not an ideal day (overate with the bars)... But definitely not the worst I've had in recent weeks.

Yesterday was my off day so I didn't exercise.

Radiojane
07-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Water weight from the weekend is gone! 372.6 this morning! I can almost taste getting back to 369. I've also been getting way more comments on my loss the last few weeks so maybe I have finally busted the stall and just need to drop the rest of the water to keep seeing losses. That being said, I had a mcdonald's sausage egg and cheese muffin for breakfast this morning, because my nephew slept over (worst idea on a weeknight - he refused to go to sleep until after midnight and was up at dawn), and I wasn't expecting him, so I had to improvise (I usually have salmon for breakfast). So that might salt me up a bit tomorrow. Finally get to work out again today!!!

Yesterday calories in:1800
sockeye salmon
chicken thigh and leg
broccoli
dill dip
home made gluten free pizza (just the toppings, the crust really sucked)

Calories out: not very many. Couple short walks with the dog.

IanG
07-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks novangel. I will try that. I am going out for a meal tomorrow night anyway.

And Diana, I did win one game of squash last night which was great!

I am down 0.6lbs today, which is a good start. Let's see if it sticks.

Breakfast: 2 pieces of low calorie bread with hummus. Some olives. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with octopus, garlic hummus, corn, kidney beans, red onion, lettuce, assorted mushrooms, beet, carrot, radish, pepper, green beans.

Dinner: Will drink beer. Going to a happy hour

Exercise: Ran 5k in 27 minutes. My fastest time yet.

The New G
07-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Yesterday Journal
B-orange, bacon, chicken
S-walnuts, cucumbers, deli chicken
L-salad, turkey, bacon bits, olives, balsamic dressing
D-chicken, lettuce, guacamole, salsa
Total cal 1316

Weighed myself again and I am down another 1.3 lbs. I am going to try to only weigh myself once a week from now on and get over the scale. I also think I am going to stop counting calories as I always seem to average around 1350 per day and don't need the hassle. I will just journal my food so I remain conscious of my choices.

Daughter was up all night so no workout for me today, will try again tomorrow as the day is already jammed. Am going to start crossfit in August though and set a goal to run a half marathon in January, so hopefully I can pull it off!

mamakat
07-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Good Evening-ish,

The drama here has skyrocketed enough to cause migraines and sore throats :p Sunday, we went to the Warp Tour and I walked around all day, minus sitting and standing for four bands I wanted to see. I ate nothing as places like those don't cater to people like me. I still gained weight :p Monday exploded in my face, beyond words truly. I did not work out and I had to nurse the headache for most of the day. Tues, we finally saw some light (won't know how much until 'meds' kick in), but it was enough to get me to relax and let go...we are in the system and I've done all that I can do. I decided it's me time and hit my gym.

It's hot as heck here and oppressive to boot, I sweat but I don't cool off. I certainly don't want to pass out while walking my 5 per day, so I thought I'll do Elliptical instead. I can get 300 burned in 30 mins while it takes an hour of walking. Of course, I caught a summer cold and am warn out...I figure, I got icky germs from the bathrooms at the field since there wasn't any soap and hundreds of people. Eww, gross.

Speaking of people, I did fine. I was alone all day long and I managed to be amongst kids and people of all ages and kinds, no stress at all. I was impressed with myself. Only once was I freaked out and that was when I got a full body hug (from behind) from a very tall guy. He smiled at me then moved on. After that I kinda had to give myself a pep talk, he was either a pickpocket and didn't get anything from me (I had nothing) or he was friendly and friendliness is okay. It took about ten minutes to get calm, but I did it :D

Hopefully, I'll manage a workout today. DH is out of town yet again. The dealers have stepped up their game and I have seen my DD's best friend go in that house three days in a row. What the heck is this world coming to? Everyone says to call anonymously, but I've already been marked so I'd end up in danger if nothing could be done right away. I'm not risking my kids' lives. I must sit and wait and keep my DD locked up for the rest of the summer.

Oh what fun it is to be a parent :D I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

Diana3271
07-17-2013, 05:23 PM

GMNEVO Welcome back! :carrot: Congrats on getting right back on track. Good job on the extra pounds you have lost!

Lilmisschattabox I have some Les Mills workout DVD's. There are a lot of options for working out now. There are even some free online videos. A nice walk is even great, probably better. You will get to your mini goal. Keep trying. We all lose at a different pace. I have always been a slow loser. Hang in there. :hug:

Oxalis You killed the workouts again! :carrot:

Psychic Great plan for the gym!

Fitstrongchica Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Radiojane Good job on that water weight! Keep up the great work!

Ian Great job on the .6. The losses may slow down and there might not be as much of a loss each time, but you are still consistent. :bravo:

The New G Excellent job on the 1.3 pounds! :carrot:

Mamakat Good job with dealing with the crowd of people. Did you get that elliptical workout in or did you do the walk?

fitstrongchica
07-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Thank you for the welcome...:):):)
I'm done eating for the day (no late night snacking like other past days!!)

-----
What I ate today (in order):

1 bowl Multigrain Cereal with Flaxseeds

1 bar Go Lean Crisp (pre-workout)

Big cup of Vanilla Soy Milk (post-workout)
Marinated Salmon with 1 cup brown rice

1 Banana

Egg White with Spinach and Corn Salsa
1 Bar Go Lean Crisp
-----
And today I worked out:
15min Cross Trainer
45min Weight Training (Legs)
20min Treadmill

Diana3271
07-17-2013, 09:36 PM

fitstrongchica Good job on your food plan!

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise
Cathe's Kick Max w/weighted gloves

lilmisschattabox
07-18-2013, 05:51 AM
I actually thought about it this morning and the slow steady losses are the way to go for me. They're not big and they're not quick, but the scale is steadily going down, not up like it has been for the past few years.
So I jumped on the scales and I've had a loss :D Down to 81.4kg (179lb) which is less than I was two weeks ago before my increase. So yay :D

Diana3271
07-18-2013, 07:32 AM

Last night I added on:
7 Minute premix from Strong Knees
Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Weigh In: 160.4
Down: .6

Have a great day!

oxalis
07-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Good Thursday Morning All!

Headed to the beach today; packed mostly fruit and cheese .. (and some vinho verde!) Planning on taking a nice long run by the water before we unpack all of our stuff and veg out all day.

Took another long walk in the heat last night, this time with some very steep hills :dizzy:

today's weight: 138.2 (up .2)
yesterday's calories: 1,700
yesterday's exercise: 1 hour cardio at the gym, approx. 500 c. burn; 1.5 hour evening walk in the heat (with hills!) approx. 400 c. burn

Psychic
07-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1335
Today's Weight: 172.8 (-0.6)

B - Blueberry Oatmeal w/ Flax + Blueberry Acai Green Tea w/ Honey
S - String Cheese
L - LC Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Panini + Yopa Key Lime Yogurt w/ Graham Crackers
S - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
S - Tortilla Chips
D - Chicken Breast + Corn on the Cob + Sauteed Zucchini
S - Lemon Meringue Pie Ice Cream
Exercise: 20 minutes cardio + 20 minutes strength

Woot! Broke out of 173... Now to shoot for 172!

My shoulders are a bit sore from yesterday. I'm going to the gym today, but I'm focusing on cardio today.

Radiojane
07-18-2013, 11:35 AM
up 1.1 today. Disappointing, but expected because TOM is coming - plus the Mcdonald's yesterday. Last day today completely on plan before we leave for the wedding tomorrow afternoon. Won't be back until Sunday.

Yesterday calories in:1888
sausage and egg Mcmuffin
salad with cottage cheese and chicken breast
two back bacon buns with tomato and mayo
oreo ice cream sandwich.

Calories out:420
30 minute swim + two dog walks.

Way more carbs than usual yesterday, but I really seem to need them to function when TOM hits.