Old 06-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/132/120

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Weight Gain...

So, is it possible that by having a small cheat (fruit, a cheese stick, and two pieces if pizza minus the crust) could make me gain 5lbs in 3 days?!? I am just concerned seeing that number on the scale as maintence is approaching and I fear for gaining back (ESP if that caused 5lbs). Any insight??? The fruit is going to push me over the edge pretty soon here!
Thank you!

Last edited by Foodlover2013; 06-28-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Foodlover2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #2  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodlover2013 View Post
So, is it possible that by having a small cheat (fruit, a cheese stick, and two pieces if pizza minus the crust) could make me gain 5lbs in 3 days?!? I am just concerned seeing that number on the scale as maintence is approaching and I fear for gaining back (ESP if that caused 5lbs). Any insight??? The fruit is going to push me over the edge pretty soon here!
Thank you!
That's not enough calories to make you gain 5 lbs. It is probably water or could be a big C issue. Just get back on plan and keep chugging water.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #3  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I've been in maintenance since April, and I find I ALWAYS retain water after eating pizza. It is loaded with sodium, and I'm sure would affect you even if you are not eating the crust.

As Ragdoll suggested, just get back to plan - don't cheat - and drink lots of water.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #4  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

I’m fairly new to this, but I’m wondering if it was enough to bump you out of ketosis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post

Breaking Ketosis

Staying in ketosis revolves around keeping your body from getting excess carbohydrates. If your body comes to the conclusion that there are enough carbohydrates available to use as its main fuel source, it will end the ketosis state and resume using carbohydrates. This crash out of ketosis has some side effects as well:
Hunger – your body will assume that since you’re getting enough carbs to end ketosis, there must be ample food available. Coming out of ketosis and having food available is exactly the type of situation that the body has adapted for over the millennia - “Feast or Famine”. Now, it sees it as a time to feast so that you can replenish the glycogen that you depleated while getting into ketosis. That replenishment requires more fuel – more food! Therefore, your body tells you to eat, eat and eat. You’ll be almost insatiably hungry.

Immediate and dramatic weight gain – As your body restores its glycogen, you’re gaining weight… quickly. Several pounds in a period of a couple days is not uncommon.
Here’s a helpful thread (it’s where I got the quote above):
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...8-ketosis.html

Last edited by bluegirl9; 06-28-2013 at 05:47 PM.
bluegirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

I overdid things last weekend...not with carbs, but with red meat, and I had a 3 pound gain between Monday and yesterday. After eating 3 days of non-restricteds, i'm down the 3 pounds plus another one as of this morning. Maybe try that for a few days to balance the cheat day?
jodi73 is offline   Reply With Quote