Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

Default Weight loss body wraps??

lately on instagram i've been seeing a lot of adds for different body wraps which give you instant loss in inches. i think it's only a water loss but still.
some of them are called something like fit and go wraps, body fit wraps, etc and there are many pics of testimonials who have supposedly been using this thing a few times and it seems like they have lost at leat 20 pounds in a few days. i know it's impossible but i can't find any negative reviews only positive experiences. kinda fishy but how cool would it be if it were true.

anyone heard/tried
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

It really is just water weight...they are nice to use like if you have a special event and you want to make sure you're going to fit into that special dress, but the weight comes back slowly over the next few days, so it's not true weight loss.

I did one once, and yea it worked for the day that I needed it. But it wasn't lasting, and the 5 lbs that I lost from doing it came back almost the next day.
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

That stuff has been around a long time. Some friends of mine did it back in the 1970's! They actually drove 180 miles bi weekly for it! ROFLMAO!

You could do it at home with a whole lot of Saran Wrap!

Yes it will work if you need an emergency fit into a dress or whatever day, but that's it!

Otherwise, you're just paying someone to wrap you in plastic and make you sweat. You can do that at home, plastic wrap from the dollar store!

You're better off to find a nice lifestyle change food/nutrition wise, for loss and maintaining, and find whatever exercise program suits you for fitness.

Last edited by shcirerf; 06-27-2013 at 11:44 PM.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote