Atkins - New at this and Wondering.....

View Full Version : New at this and Wondering.....

Going4Goal
06-26-2013, 07:16 AM
if using Coffee mate (little tubs) NO Carbs would be ok instead of the Heavy Cream in my morning coffee..

cldwv
06-26-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm not certain as I'm not an expert but I think you'd be better off sticking with the cream. It's hard to wrap your brain around it sometimes but fat is your friend.

PaleoPeanut
06-26-2013, 01:15 PM
I always can't help but wonder what's in artificial creamers...

JerseyGyrl
06-26-2013, 01:29 PM
if using Coffee mate (little tubs) NO Carbs would be ok instead of the Heavy Cream in my morning coffee..

Original Coffee Mate is made with corn syrup solids and contains 2 carbs per Tablespoon. Cldwv is correct, you would be better off sticking with heavy cream if you are doing Atkins:)

wannaskipandlaugh
06-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Hello and :welcome: :) I agree with all above... Food is always better when its closer to the real thing than chemicals! :) besides.. Cream is a treat!!! oh yeah... Try and find some sugar free extracts for flavoring! :)

Going4Goal
07-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Thanks everyone. Just being able to get back to the site I'm so glad that I had some responses. I will be picking up heavy cream this week. thanks again.
I just thought since I had them in the house I better ask the question
again thank you.

Going4Goal
07-08-2013, 07:36 PM
And yes it is very hard to wrap your head around the that fact that FAT is our friend :D

Going4Goal
07-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Forgot to ask. What is the limit per day for the heavy cream, is it 3 tablespoons?
I'm a coffee drinker so I will be using it in the morning with my coffee but want to make sure I have the correct limit per day.
I will make a point to find my book during the week. thank you again for all of your help