General chatter - TV Series

View Full Version : TV Series

FiftyFive
06-26-2013, 01:28 AM
Hi everyone!
I’m a huge fan of tv series, I really love watching series and as summer is approaching and I have extra time on my hands I want suggestions. My taste is pretty broad, I watch (or watched) things like Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, Veronica Mars (really old but my favorite), Gilmore Girls (even older), House, etc.
I’d really appreciate suggestions!:carrot:

amandie
06-26-2013, 01:31 AM
True Blood?... Although you'd have to start from the beginning and the new season just started on the 16th.

You've already listed a lot of what I would so no new suggestions other than TB, lol. Sorry!

Underwater
06-26-2013, 01:49 AM
If you don't mind renting/buying, my favorite "oldies" were Queer as Folk and Prison Break

SuperHeroTeacher
06-26-2013, 02:17 AM
I've been binge watching Breaking Bad this summer! Other faves: Mad Men, Friday Night Lights, Parks & Rec, Arrested Development... All are on Netflix streaming. :D

SweetScrumptious
06-26-2013, 05:06 AM
During the summer, different TV series air than the other more popular ones. Right now, I'm enjoying watching Longmire. I wasn't an avid watcher of the Dr. Who series but I'm now on Season 1 Episode 3 and I'm enjoying it thus far. I guess I have all summer to catch up before the premier. I also started watching Mad Man. I LOVE Game of Thrones - gonna be a long wait for that premier. My fall series are Criminal Minds, Big Bang Theory, Heartland (altho I need to catch up on BBT and Heartland as I wasn't avidly watching last season - another summer to do).

Wannabeskinny
06-26-2013, 09:13 AM
I really like Suits on USA. And if you haven't watched The Americans you are really missing out, can't wait for the next season!!!!

missunshine
06-26-2013, 10:22 AM
veronica mars -my favorite and now they're making a movie can't wait.

above all mentioned i like how i met your mother, 2 broke girls, the mindy project, awkward, suburgatory, melissa and joey,....

Pink Hurricane
06-26-2013, 10:54 AM
My husband and I watch a lot of the shows you mentioned in the OP. Game of Thrones is amazing, I can't believe we have such a long wait!!! Grrrrrrr.
Anyways my husband and I also love Burn Notice, Big Bang Theory, Once Upon a Time, and Grimm! To name a few. :)

nelie
06-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Firefly, House of Cards (Netflix only), White Collar, Psych, Luther (BBC), Walking Dead are a few of our favorites. We only watch shows on Netflix or Amazon so basically we run through a series once we decide we like it. Except for Psych, which we own the DVDs.

Silverfire
06-26-2013, 11:30 AM
If your kinda nerdy like me, try....

Doctor Who!!!
Torchwood - Netflix
Eureka - Netflix
Star Trek Next Gen - Netflix

FiftyFive
06-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks guys!!!! I have so many things to watch now, I’m so so happy!
Missunshine- Really a Veronica Mars movie? Oh God I cant wait, I really suffered when season 3 ended! But will it have Kristen Bell? Because I think I read she’s pregnant...

KindaSortaAthlete
06-26-2013, 01:51 PM
I really like Newsroom (hbo) and Scandal (abc).

Quiet Ballerina
06-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Thanks guys!!!! I have so many things to watch now, Im so so happy!
Missunshine- Really a Veronica Mars movie? Oh God I cant wait, I really suffered when season 3 ended! But will it have Kristen Bell? Because I think I read shes pregnant...

Kristen Bell already had her baby. I forget the baby's name...but it had to do with a car. Lincoln?

You might like Bunheads if you liked Gilmore Girls. Same creators, and quite a few Gilmore Girls characters made appearances. (Kirk, Gypsy, Emily Gilmore, Paris)

FiftyFive
06-26-2013, 02:38 PM
I’ll look for Kirsten`s baby name... I remember reading about bunheads, maybe i’ll give it a try, now I have so many options, I’m really happy and grateful to you all!

Amy8888
06-26-2013, 03:15 PM
I second Breaking Bad, I just finished watching S1! I am also way into Homeland. Crazy addictive.

Psychic
06-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Doctor Who (currently 7 seasons), Grimm (currently 2 seasons), Dollhouse (older, 2 seasons), Terra Nova (canceled, 1 season), The Nine Lives of Chloe King (canceled, 1 season) are some of my favorites. I'm going to start watching Torchwood, Sherlock, and The Walking Dead eventually though2

Missy Krissy
06-26-2013, 05:58 PM
I highly highly recommend Foyle's War (on Netflix), especially if you like Downton Abbey.

katevangogh
06-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Big Bang Theory, Psych, Covert Affairs, Castle (my favorite!), and Raising Hope are some good ones.

CanadianCutie
06-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Firefly for sure, Homicide: Life on The Streets (a cop show along the lines of Law and Order, though a little grittier I think), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dexter, Big Bang Theory, Friends (still watch this every night in reruns), Two and a Half Men (the episodes with Charlie), I used to love Remington Steele (show from the 80s with Pierce Brosnan), not sure how RS would hold up now.

Terra1984
07-13-2013, 02:38 PM
I like reality t.v, Some of my favorite shows are Wife Swap/Celebrity Wife Swap, House Hunters, A Haunting, Cops, Las Vegas Jail house, Vegas Strip, The People's Court, America's Court with Judge Ross, We the people with Gloria Allred, Most all Judge shows

LucreziaBorgia
07-14-2013, 01:06 PM
*cough* Seinfeld *cough*

Bloopers
07-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Breaking Bad is a MUST WATCH. I've seen all 5 seasons and I'm anxiously waiting for the second half of season 5 to air!! Lost, White Collar, Suits, Weeds, Grey's Anatomy, Bones... are good options too.. but Breaking Bad first!! Oh, how can I forget my favorite show of all time - The Office. Hilarious!!!

SuperHeroTeacher
07-15-2013, 12:56 AM
Came back to add Gossip Girl. I'm hooked! 5 of the 6 seasons are on Netflix.

Miggy
07-15-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm EXTREMELY surprised no one has mentioned "Fringe" yet! It ended last month at season 5, and I am crying my eyes out. :'(
I'd recommend this series to EVERYONE, although it is more sci-fi. If you ever get the chance, WATCH THIS!!

LaceyCen
07-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Doctor Who (the new series, starting in 2005 with Christopher Eccleston)

Sherlock (the BBC version with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman)

Supernatural

Hannibal

Smiling_Sara
07-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Rescue Me
Dexter
6 Feet Under
Californication
Glee