South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #1  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

Default When you're sick

Without crossing the TMI line, I've had a nasty stomach bug for the last 48 hours, with no signs of stopping. Obviously my eating has been way off from the norm. Yesterday all I could stomach was a few pretzels and a couple spoonfuls of soup. Today all I had was Malt O Meal cereal. I'm trying to stay hydrated, but it's a big challenge. And now I am feeling a few twinges of pain that is usually the first indication that a kidney stone is coming on (due to the decreased fluids, no doubt).

So how do you adjust for illness. Do you try to maintain the good carb/good fat principles, or just feed your body whatever you think it can handle? Prior to this I was doing phase 1.5 with only a serving of fruit with breakfast being added back. But the simple carbs are all I can handle right now without my digestive system revolting more than it already has! I'm thinking as I get over this I might need to lean more heavily on carbs while I recover, then get back on track once the gut is settled down. Anyone else experience something like this while on the beach?
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/205/130

Height: 5'5"

I'm not on this diet, but I definitely think to eat ONLY what your body can handle, since it can impede recovery. However, you can try to have healthier variations on whatever you're eating that's crappy, like whole wheat pretzels, low sodium soup, or brown rice with some poached chicken. Those are usually good things to eat as you wean your body back onto normal food. Once you're back at 100% jump back on the diet. Hope that helps
halo104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #3  
They call me Nunu!

Height: 170 cms/ 5’7

I´m with Halo, first is recovery and health, then focus on the weight loss.
FiftyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Absolutely health first! You can have grains on P2. Steele oats or whole wheat toast might help. Having had a bout recently, I could only handle Coke Zero and sips of water. When I felt better, I took it slowly for a few days. Hang in there, hopefully you feel better soon
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I agree w/ what the others have said. Obviously if it's possible to do so, try to stay on plan w/ what you're having...like low sodium versions of soups and so on. My go-to when I'm sick is the clear broth soup you get at Japanese Steakhouses OR hot and sour soup from a Chinese restaurant (soooooooo not on plan, but it makes me feel better when I have a cold or sore throat).

Last edited by Natasha1534; 06-25-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ahhh, and I will say...I eat what I want when I'm sick. If it's simple carbs I'm craving, then so be it. I take care of myself, then switch back to good eating when I'm better.
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #7  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

Thank y'all! Really all I could handle was the simple carbs, and in very small amounts. Last night I managed a pb&j on WW bread, so that was somewhat closer to on plan "real" food. I'm feeling a little better today, although the digestive upset is still hanging around. I'm going to try an on plan smoothie this morning and see how that goes.
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote