Faith Based Support Groups - My At-Home, Low-Cost, Health Spa blog

kaplods
06-22-2013, 01:15 AM
As many of you know, I have been having a rough time with ongoing health problems, and have lost focus, to the tune of regaining almost 30 lbs.

A considerable portion is water retention, but there's no way that all 29 lbs is water.

I have decided to resurrect and re-title my dormant blog (link below), and use it to stay focused and committed.

It's going to be difficult, as I have a very short attention span. Hubby calls me "a ferret in a glass ball factory," constantly being distracted by the many "ooh, shiny" things I encounter.

I'm a multi-tasker by nature, always juggling a myriad of tasks, interests, and responsibilities. My fibromyalgia and other health issues now limit the number of "shiny balls" I can juggle, but the juggling instinct is always there.

Hopefully, I can use the blog to stay focused.

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-24-2013, 10:02 PM
HI KAPLODS -- long time, no see/hear ... :lol: So glad that you dropped by over here; and I would be pleased to keep tabs on your spa blog. I've been through a similar experience, as those danged steroids I took to ward off chemo effects have helped me to gain back a lot of weight too. Like you, I know a lot of that is water, as the doctor has told me but I want to try to get back off 30 lbs over the next year. I think that's a reasonable goal.

The best part is that I didn't gain it all back. Thank GOD for that!!! :D I am starting to refocus as well now that my last chemo round is done; just have to get through the side effects, then the steroids should start to dissipate out of my body. They said it could take up to six months or more; we're praying it will be less.

So I will be watching as you try to juggle some little balls over the next while ... :hug:

bargoo
06-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Kaplods. thank you for sharing. I know how easy it is for those pounds to come back, I have been there. I read your blog as I always read your postings. I find them so helpful as they always seem down to earth and . matter of fact. I wish you good luck and I have no doubt that you will be able to do this.

Tai
06-27-2013, 09:42 PM
I think the blog sounds like a great idea Kaplods and I look forward to reading it.