Old 06-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 390/390/199

Height: 5'8

Default Kicked my soda habit now it's time for a new focus!

I mentioned in the chat thread that I kicked my soda habit and now I really feel like it's time for a new habit to kick. So, I'm thinking it's going to be sweets. I LOVE sweets, but they are a huge stumbling block for me. If I allow myself just a little, then it seems that I just can't stop.

I slowly weaned myself off the soda, and I did pretty well. I had some rough days where I would have more than I should, but for the most part I was pretty good with it. So, I can't decide if I should wean myself off the sweets or if I should cold turkey it.

What do you do? Do you just stop a bad habit cold turkey, or do you slowly reduce it?
workinghardatlosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #2  

Great job on cutting out soda!!
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

WTG!

My 2 cents... What usually works for me is cutting them out completely unless it is a planned social event thing. If I do have sweets I wait until the end of the day. Have only a small amount and then I have to be done eating everything for the day. Sweets is a big trigger for me. If I go to bed shortly after having sugar I am sleeping during the time cravings for more kick in. Good luck. Let us know what you decide and how it works out for you!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 390/390/199

Height: 5'8

Thanks! I'm thinking that I'm just going to try to cut them out completely at least until I feel like I am in control not the sugar.
workinghardatlosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

I know back in April when I got really serious about this new LIFESTYLE PLAN I avoided sweets for 2 weeks. Then when we had a dinner at work I had only a small portion. I have continued when the opportunity presents itself to have only a small portion. It makes me feel like I am not being deprived. I do not buy them or bring any into my house though, that way I am not tempted.
pjvw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 400/325/173

Height: 5'10''

I cut out sweets completely at the beginning of February. For all of Feb, and March, I was eating clean, no sugar, limited bread/carbs, and I lost 30lbs! In April I went on vacation, and had my B-day. I of course, ate cake, and have not been able to kick the sugar again since. I need to clean every last bit of it from my house, and make a lunch menu for work (where I usually buy a candy bar if I don't pack a clean lunch). I have gained back almost 15lbs of that. I know that I felt SO much better, when I was eating better. Now I just need to get my mind back in the game. Good luck!
Cherry Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #7  

Default wooo!

Soda is my big guilty pleasure, along with bread, sweets, cake, cheese, and pie.. You've done it! maybe I can too.. just maybe
janehenderson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/*185* ONEDERLAND/150

Height: 5'6"

I cut soda out completely and just forgot about it. For sweets, I cut them back slowly, and still allow myself to have them once in a while, maybe one or two little pieces a week.
Miggy is offline   Reply With Quote