Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 6/20/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #2  
flubadub15

S/C/G: 152/137.5/135

Height: 5' 2"

Feeling good. Sleeping much better. Down another pound.
Is there a list of alterntives to IP ? I love the protocol but it is costly.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #3  

Good morning!
Yesterday I talked about daily planning

Today I'm thinking about special event planning

I'm not alone in having been thru holidays, special parties, and other special events OP. By the time I get to goal, I'll have been though each US holiday at least once OP plus numerous BBQs, tailgates, weddings, nites at the bar with friends, beach vacations, and other special events.

We also eat in restaurants frequently

How to stay on plan? Read, read, read and follow the advice of the winners (or in this case the wining losers!). Plan ahead. Have a plan and stick to the plan. I take my own food to almost everything (even the wedding receptions!). I made sure the hotel had a kitchenette (or at least a mini fridge and microwave). Check restaurant menus before you go and HAVE A PLAN!!!

Grocery stores and/or coolers become part of road trips (rather than just gas station convenience foods), kitchen gadgets join the trip, and most of all, attitude is everything! This is not about deprivation.

If we view special events as what we are missing, we're setting ourselves up for failure. We plan for what is allowed. We make great choices, we spend extra time cooking great alternatives, and we celebrate our scale and NSV success!

And at the end of the summer, or the end of the next season or the end of the year - or even by NEXT SUMMER (if that's the amount of weight we have to lose) we celebrate our victory at goal.

And then we learn to maintain it...which isn't quite as hard because we changed our attitude about food while we were OP and we phased off properly.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-20-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flubadub15 View Post
Feeling good. Sleeping much better. Down another pound.
Is there a list of alterntives to IP ? I love the protocol but it is costly.
This thread should give you plenty of ideas. I'll take some time to read it
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-vol-1-a.html

Here was a previous thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html

And don't forget this. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ternative.html
Old 06-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Morning folks, weigh in this morning show a loss of 2.5 pounds.

Exciting things this week in my world - buying more clothes. Down to a size 44. I should have been more careful and actually tried on all the pants I bought. The dress pants fit great - unfortunately the jeans I bought are a bit snug. They look like they are spray painted on. They are you could bounce a quarter off my azz tight. Well that's if I had any butt left. DW commented last night that my azz is pancake flat. Boy doesn't that sound sexy LOL.

The only other interesting thing that happened this week is my wedding ring slipped off my finger. Problem was as I do my weigh ins in the morning after using the facilities - there I was naked as a jaybird - I had just washed my hands and was standing there waiting for the scale to turn on. When my size 12 tungsten ring ring slipped off my finger and fell right on top of one of my toenails. It felt like someone hit one of my toes with a hammer. I can honestly say that an impressive string of curse words were put together over that one.

That's it that's all form my end, hope you folks have a good week.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Morning,

Great post Lisa!!
I'm gearing for my first vacation, 10 days at the beach starting next
friday. I have a special box going for MY snacks, LOL!!
Been maintaining for 6 weeks now, going well. Plan on walking the beach
daily. So true planning is a major component to success!
Thanks for all your inspiration!
Have a great day all!

D
Old 06-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 137/119/120

GM

Perfect timing for this post Lisa. We leave for the Netherlands next week, on. 10 day trip. I have a very supportive husband and he agreed to renting a condo vs. staying in a hotel. I am bringing my IP packets, shaker and vitamins. I plan on being on OP. I have planned my dinner for the evening flight and my breakfast when we land in Amsterdam.

I am bringing my personal mini cooler with me.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Good morning IPers! Finishing week 5 today down a whopping 17.4lbs! I was down a bit more earlier in the week, but I use Thursday morning as my "official" weekly weight. Either way, I am thrilled with the results I am seeing thus far!

I have been extremely tired this week for the first time since starting the program. Has anyone else experienced something similar at this point in the program? I'm wondering if its IP related or if I'm just having a long week at work.

Have a great day!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #9  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Good morning!
Yesterday I talked about daily planning

Today I'm thinking about special event planning

I'm not alone in having been thru holidays, special parties, and other special events OP. By the time I get to goal, I'll have been though each US holiday at least once OP plus numerous BBQs, tailgates, weddings, nites at the bar with friends, beach vacations, and other special events.

We also eat in restaurants frequently

How to stay on plan? Read, read, read and follow the advice of the winners (or in this case the wining losers!). Plan ahead. Have a plan and stick to the plan. I take my own food to almost everything (even the wedding receptions!). I made sure the hotel had a kitchenette (or at least a mini fridge and microwave). Check restaurant menus before you go and HAVE A PLAN!!!

Grocery stores and/or coolers become part of road trips (rather than just gas station convenience foods), kitchen gadgets join the trip, and most of all, attitude is everything! This is not about deprivation.

If we view special events as what we are missing, we're setting ourselves up for failure. We plan for what is allowed. We make great choices, we spend extra time cooking great alternatives, and we celebrate our scale and NSV success!

And at the end of the summer, or the end of the next season or the end of the year - or even by NEXT SUMMER (if that's the amount of weight we have to lose) we celebrate our victory at goal.

And then we learn to maintain it...which isn't quite as hard because we changed our attitude about food while we were OP and we phased off properly.
This is very timely for me, as next weekend my best friend's only daughter is getting married, with an evening/dinner reception (buffet). I've been doing really well so far on occasions eating out, but this will be different because I won't be ordering specifically. Luckily since the hostess is a dear friend I feel comfortable asking her what will be served... I figure I will probably end up eating something beforehand and taking a snack in my purse in case of emergency.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #10  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

I am going on a two week RV trip with my family soon. I am planning my IP diet for the trip but I do know that the days we spend driving will be hard for me. I may have to modify and choose low-carb packets so that I can have extra raw veggies to keep my mouth busy. Fortunately I like plain celery, cucumbers and radishes. We will also be hiking, so I may need extra packets.

Does this seem reasonable?
Old 06-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

I have a trip planed to London and Paris for 10 days in July. I know I am going to get some backlash for this, but my coach and I decided it would be best to do a mini-phase-off of IP (1 week on P2, 1 week on P3) for the trip, and then get back on the wagon upon my return. I am nervous about doing this since I have so much momentum right now, but I think it will be best. Part of enjoying Europe is enjoying the culture, and especially in Paris, part of the culture is the food. I made a promise to myself not to go overboard on things that are off plan (for example, I won't go back to drinking soda or putting sugar in my coffee), but I want to enjoy my vacation properly. I hope it works out. I think the fact that I have a plan going in is better than any decision I would have made before IP (i.e., I'm on vacation, let's go nuts!), so that is a step in the right direction.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #12  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
DW commented last night that my azz is pancake flat. Boy doesn't that sound sexy LOL.
It doesn't sound bad if one hasn't had a pancake in awhile.

I continue to be pleased and amazed with Ideal Protein. I'm down 7.4 pounds in two weeks. If I were trying to do this myself (and I have tried but it just hasn't worked these past 2 years) I would maybe lose 7.4 pounds in about 8-10 weeks or even longer. These quick results are what keep me motivated. Also, the idea of ketosis is helpful. Who wants to be kicked out because of a poor food choice and then have to go through all that week 1 stuff again? Well, I don't, anyway.

Have a healthy day, everyone!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #13  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Goooooooooooooooood morning peeps! Another day and I am SO glad that it is Thursday (having thought, almost all day yesterday, that it was Thursday on Wednesday).

Yesterday was the hungriest I have been in a while. I wanted to eat anything and ended up having 5 packets. In looking back, however, my Tuesday eating was off due to my weigh in and some personal things that were going on, making me not hungry. Needless to say, not eating well enough one day throws you off the next so I am going to be more mindful of that.

I digress. I am happy to be here and happy for all the success we are all having, including slipping wedding rings! Congrats to you!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #14  
4/15/13

S/C/G: 232.4/TTT/160

Height: 5'9"

SV: Down 40 lbs as of this morning!
NSV: Fit into a size Medium shirt my wife bought me for father's day, whether it's a true medium is debatable as other mediums don't fit me
Old 06-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 156/133/115

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon everyone. I too have a beach trip coming up and am planning ahead because staying OP is important. Good luck to everyone with WIs and Congrats to everyone who had a successful WI. Have a GREAT day!!
Closed Thread