100 lb. Club - Newbie needs a kick in the butt

View Full Version : Newbie needs a kick in the butt

dewittmba
06-19-2013, 11:02 PM
I have a 101 pounds to lose and I am having the hardest time sticking to a plan. I really want to do this but everything else seems to come first- two jobs, 3 kids, husband, mom, house cleaning, dinner, laundry, etc.... I am hoping that coming here each day will give me someone else to be accountable to and be motivated by. :stress:

Mozzy
06-20-2013, 12:03 AM
Welcome and good luck on your journey!!

Underwater
06-20-2013, 01:33 AM
Welcome. We were all newbies one day! You can do it!!!

Try to check in here every day because even if you slip up, you can get back on track if you stay in touch!

ValRock
06-20-2013, 01:49 AM
You deserve to be first!!!! The rest will get taken care of. Make your health a priority. You don't do anyone else any good if you're not taking care of YOU! You can do this :).

sontaikle
06-20-2013, 06:32 AM
One of the best things you can do is stop thinking of this as a "thing" you have to do and make it a part of YOUR LIFE. It's something you'll have to do forever, so it should be able to weave into the jobs, kid, husband, etc.

Prepare foods ahead of time, find short workouts you can do in between the kids' activities, etc. the best plan is the one you can stick to! :)

shutterbugmama84
06-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Welcome! I just joined about three weeks ago and have found this forum so informative and supportive.

Once you start making those life changes and start to see results it's so encouraging. It's that first step that is so hard to take. Good luck!

punkrocksong
06-20-2013, 07:44 AM
Welcome...I've found the best way to handle these like changes is to stay positive...focus on the good and don't dwell on the bad.

This is an amazing place and I wish you the best of luck!

betsy2013
06-20-2013, 10:09 AM
You've definitely got a lot on your plate, and carving out time just for you is hard at this stage of your life. But coming here is a good start. And you might try breaking down your weight loss into mini-goals -- there's a whole section on setting and meeting mini-goals. It definitely helps with keeping the journey in perspective and achievable goals. 101 pounds to lose sounds daunting. 5, 10, or even 20 pounds as a first goal sounds very possible. You can do this!