Support Groups - Dealing with the morning after binge guilt....Advice?

grace1405
06-19-2013, 06:18 PM
So, Iv just had a major binge on chocolate biscuits and cereal after cutting back a bit too much on the food that my body naturally needs and craves!
I am now absolutely dreading the after binge feeling tomorrow morning, I have a new job and have to be up at 6 in the morning to get there which means I will have one **** of a food hangover!

I was just wondering if anybody had any techniques or after binge advice, any way that I can reduce the bloating really quickly? and does any body else find ALOT of bloating in their face as soon as they wake up?

I literally find it hard to face the day and hate the thought of people seeing me, however I have no choice as its a new job! Please help, any advice is really appreciated!

Thankyou xxxxxxxx

laceyj
06-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Take the Pepto Bismol pills. I have a binge problem at times, and I have found these really ease the comfort. As far as bloating goes, the old standby-water. Wear a lot of makeup. Look pretty. You'll be fine :)

kaplods
06-19-2013, 07:10 PM
I get puffy after high carb binges (if I eat low-carb, even when I overeat, I don't get the water gain or boated feeling). After a carby binge, a couple days of low-carb and pushing extra fluids helps tremendously.

As to the guilt, I believe that abolishing guilt is essential to healthy management of weight and disordered eating.

It certainly was essential to me. I am a very slow loser for a myriad of reasons, including struggles with binge and other off-plan eating. By diet-culture standards, I'm supposed to feel terrible about my struggles and difficulties, and I used to, but since I gave up the guilt, I also gave up the concept of blowing it. A side effect of doing so was fewer binges, as guilt and frustration were major binge triggers.

I also stopped making timetable-based expectations.