PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #1  

Default Hello All

Hi all,

So I have had all the symptoms of PCOS, although undiagnosed by a doctor, I know it's what I have. I have every symptom, and when I say that I really mean it sadly LOL.

So Tuesday of last week I started eating cleaner, lowered my carb intake and for the first time in 2 years I lost weight. Not a huge amount really.. 4 pounds but it's a start. I'm 5ft9, 275 pounds and I want to be 175 so exactly 100 pounds to lose. If I can get below 175 more like 165 that would be sweet but I have been around the 175 / 180 mark 15 years ago and that's where I felt healthiest. I've got a large frame and that's just where I think I need to be. 175 pounds still sounds like a lot but I think it will do wonders for my body, and my self esteem.

I would love to get below 200 by June 1st of next year, I don't think that will be too impossible .. I am really ready this time, so determined to get healthy and feel good!

Luckily I have an amazing supportive husband. He knows all about my struggles and he's 100% behind me, we're only bringing the right foods into the house, and he's just amazing when I'm having a bad day, he's so positive!

Plus I have a daughter, age 6, I have always thought she was a miracle baby and obviously I'm right because I'm pretty sure I've had PCOS for a good 10 years but it just got worse about 5 years ago. Luckily, I'm not looking to have more kids, I'm 31 now and she's all I need to be happy. I feel so BLESSED I was able to have her, since so many other women struggle with fertility.

So .. I'm doing great with the diet and exercise part.

With all that being said.....

BIG QUESTION ... anyone found anything good yet for the hair loss?

I have thinning in front, and I have balding at my crown. So much now that I have to wear my hair in a ponytail or I have to pull all my top hair back into a clip to hide it.

I use dermatch it's been great for in the front but the crown it doesn't hide the thinning as much as I'd like, I might have to find a better technique for application back there.

I bought xfusion but not really sure what to think of it yet, I have auburn hair, but their auburn is a little too bright red for me, might have to mix it with brown.

I've read online 100 different things that "could" work, but who knows.

I've been taking a multivitamin for years, that hasn't helped. I just recently bought a new multivitamin that added more Vit D, and B12 hopefully that will help some.

So I've been reading sites A LOT for weeks and it seems like battling DHT might be the best thing...

Anyone take Saw Palmetto and see good results?

How about any of the hair shampoos that get rid of DHT on the scalp?

I read some having good luck with Lavender oil mixed with Aloe?

Good luck with 100% aloe alone?

Spearmint Tea?

I do have extra body hair, I don't really care about that a razor can get rid of that daily, but what do I do to grow my hair on my head

It's been thinning for about 5 years now so it's time I get aggressive and really work on it...

Anyone have a good suggestion of what worked well for them?

THANKS ALL I look forward to sharing my experience, and what I've learned all over this board!

Last edited by CourtneyTx; 06-19-2013 at 10:57 AM.
CourtneyTx is offline   Reply With Quote