Looking Good, Feeling Great - I don't want a flat butt!!

View Full Version : I don't want a flat butt!!

livelaughlovesunshin
06-17-2013, 08:57 PM
I know in the grand scheme of things, it's not important at all but really right now it is important to me. LOL
Before I gained weight I had a big booty, I gained weighed all over except my butt if that makes sense. Now that I am losing weight, I notice that the back of my pants where my leg meets my bum is really baggy. :dizzy::dizzy:

amandie
06-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Are you sure it isn't just the style of the pants themselves?

I kinda have a flat butt but if I wear the right type of pants, it can make me look like I have actually have a butt, lol. I tend to gravitate to skinny-type jeans for that reason since I haven't really found any other styles (yet) that will give me what I want.

No one wants a flat booty either! :)

EagleRiverDee
06-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Do Squats/Lunges.

Seriously. It's the booty-perker-upper.

dragonstar85
06-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Do Squats/Lunges.

What she said! My fear when losing weight was losing my booty so I started doing those along with everything else I was doing. My butt stayed. In fact now it looks bigger cause I'm getting smaller everywhere else (bonus for me!).

Only Believe
06-17-2013, 10:27 PM
What if you carry more weight in that area? Are squats ok to do or a no no? What exercises reduce?.. it's perky enough LOL

Skinnyminnie Wannabe
06-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the tip! I've got a tummy that sticks out too much and a butt that's on the flat side. This will be helpful toward achieving my figure toning goals along with weight loss! :)

shcirerf
06-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Do Squats/Lunges.

Yup! I have a terrible flat behind. Squats and lunges have given me back some booty!:D

livelaughlovesunshin
06-18-2013, 12:32 AM
I'm afraid I will do lunges and squats and do them completely wrong and make my butt flatter. LOL

EagleRiverDee
06-18-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm afraid I will do lunges and squats and do them completely wrong and make my butt flatter. LOL

Even if you did them wrong, you wouldn't flatten your butt, but you might injure yourself. Get some instruction from a reputable source on proper form for both exercises. Probably the most important thing with either exercise is to keep your toes in front of your knees- you don't want your knees to go out in front of your toes, or you risk a knee injury. Practice without any weight to start with until you've got the form down pat.

Hello Nurse
06-18-2013, 11:24 PM
I'm cursed with a flat butt and at the moment, a big belly. I guess most plus sized gals have bigger hips and butt, because any pants that fit me in the waist are absolutely baggy in the butt. Sadly, I often wear my hubby's shorts because apparently clothing manufacturers think 2x guys don't have buns, but 2x girls do!

ValRock
06-19-2013, 05:11 AM
Squats!!!! Squat squat squat squat!

Wannabehealthy
06-19-2013, 01:16 PM
When I was young and thin, I had a flat stomach and a round butt. Now that I'm old and have gained weight, it all went to the belly, and my butt looks really flat by comparison. I think my pants would fit better if I wore them backwards. LOL

Hello Nurse
06-19-2013, 09:01 PM
Anything other than squats and lunges for this problem? I have old injuries to both knees and can't do them :(

Jennifer1966
06-19-2013, 10:15 PM
I have always had a flat butt, no matter what weight I have been. I started doing a 30 day challenge yesterday that includes 100 squats 3 days out of every 4. I really hope after 30 days I have a little lift!

ValRock
06-20-2013, 12:53 AM
Anything other than squats and lunges for this problem? I have old injuries to both knees and can't do them :(

Can you do these? We did them in class today and I really felt them in the squat area ;).

http://www.stack.com/2012/10/31/fire-hydrants/

Hello Nurse
06-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Can you do these? We did them in class today and I really felt them in the squat area ;).

http://www.stack.com/2012/10/31/fire-hydrants/

Thanks for that! I do what I've always called "donkey kicks", where I am on all fours and go straight up and back with my leg at a 90 degree angle, so this seems like a variation of that except going out to the side instead. I will definitely try it. :)

ValRock
06-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks for that! I do what I've always called "donkey kicks", where I am on all fours and go straight up and back with my leg at a 90 degree angle, so this seems like a variation of that except going out to the side instead. I will definitely try it. :)

They are very effective! Try doing a set up on your hands then dropping down to your elbows for a 2nd. You'll REALLY feel it then!

flea
06-26-2013, 11:20 AM
yeah, baby! I'm trying to get a big gorgeous round butt, too. Here's the routine I'm starting today! Start it with me?

25 squats
15 lunges (each side)
15 leg curls with weight (Kneel on all fours, put a small weight in the crook of your knee. flex your foot so your calf muscle holds the weight in place. Lift as high as you can without over-extending or breaking your balance)
15 leg lifts, with ankle weights if you have them (Bed over a bed/couch/table and lift your leg straight out and high)
15 Reverse plank rear lifts (lie down with your back to the ground, feet flat on the floor, and lift your heiny!)
25 squats.

See your booty in about three weeks? ;)

halo104
06-27-2013, 12:00 AM
25 squats
15 lunges (each side)
15 leg curls with weight (Kneel on all fours, put a small weight in the crook of your knee. flex your foot so your calf muscle holds the weight in place. Lift as high as you can without over-extending or breaking your balance)
15 leg lifts, with ankle weights if you have them (Bed over a bed/couch/table and lift your leg straight out and high)
15 Reverse plank rear lifts (lie down with your back to the ground, feet flat on the floor, and lift your heiny!)
25 squats.

GREAT routine! That's what mine looks like!!

Check out Blogilates on youtube- Cassey knows how to kill people with pilates, and her butt exercises make mine soo much perkier, even when I'm bigger!

Also, pants make all of the difference. As a big girl, I fall into the trap of buying clothes that are cheap because I know my thighs will rub out the middle. However, I feel that my butt and thighs look better when I drop 50 or 60 bucks on a pair of pants.

missunshine
06-27-2013, 06:16 PM
^^omg i watch her on youtube too...she's got great videos :)
i'm working on my booty too, when i lost my weight two years ago i ended up with flat sagging but but after reagining and working in a bar with stairs to the patio i developed a little backside which i'm trying to shape now and perhaps get rid of my saddlebeags. and just yesterday i discovered that my left butt cheek is bigger than the right one and it's really noticeable from the back. any suggestions how to even them out??

KomenciDenove
07-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Oh golly - i'm totally obsessed with having a huge, juicy bum this time next year.

My only fear with squats, is that my calves may get bigger. I'm a complete apple shape - everything from the love handles up is big, round and squishy. From the handles down, my legs (while carrying a bit of fat) are generally quite toned, solid and defined.

I'm petrified they'll get even more muscular and i'll look like someone from Biggest Loser -_-