100 lb. Club - Things to drink besides diet soda?

Brandibooxoxo
06-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Okay I've officially made it 2 days without any soda but I really haven't been drinking a lot either which I know isn't good what are some other healthy options that I could drink that taste good?

PreciousMissy
06-17-2013, 04:53 PM
I replaced my diet soda with flavored carbonated water. It has zero calories and zero sodium. I just can't give up my carbonation!

Brandibooxoxo
06-17-2013, 04:57 PM
What kind I tried sparkling water from deer park and it was ikk!

PreciousMissy
06-17-2013, 05:14 PM
I get the 1 liter bottles from Wal-Mart. I've tried other brands and they just don't taste as good.

Underwater
06-17-2013, 06:11 PM
I drink mostly water during the day, but when I get home from work, I allow myself to drink other drinks like diet snapples and diet hansen's black cherry.

jm474
06-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Do you drink tea? You could try herbal teas, black teas, iced teas, green teas.

amandie
06-17-2013, 06:27 PM
I second jm474's suggestion on tea- you can have it with some sugar/sweetener and some lemon if you'd like.

I personally love hot (decaf for me) black tea with a bit of half and half or milk, sweetener and pumpkin pie spice.

Nori71
06-17-2013, 06:29 PM
I like plain water and all kinds of teas. I like putting fruit in my water... lemon, orange, lime slices. I also like to muddle up other fruit like berries or pineapple in water. Watermelon water is delicious. I've made it for parties before and the ratio is 1 cut up small sized watermelon in one of those drink dispensers...add 1.5 gal water and serve over ice. Or just add a few chunks to a cup and add water and ice. Sometimes I add a splash of lime juice to the watermelon water. I've had it with some honey added too... Endless possibilities!

HelloNurse
06-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Right now I'm really into club soda with a lemon twist. I have also poured it over muddled berries. If you put flavored syrup (like the kind they use to flavor coffees at coffee shops) into club soda, it becomes an Italian soda. Which just sounds super sophisticated and indulgent; the sugar free varieties help keep it diet friendly.

I drink tea all the time, either unsweet or with just a smidge of sweetened condensed milk. Like a quarter to half a teaspoon. Yes, it still has calories, but far less than a can of soda.

Vortex_VVV
06-17-2013, 08:41 PM
LaCroix makes a lot of flavors of carbonated, 0 calorie, no-artificial sweetener, waters. Just tried the coconut today... yum. I also like Mendota's lime or lemon.

I do also drink mineral water, the pricey kinds, but I see them as an investment and a no-guilt treat.

Others have mentioned herbal tea; I use it to make iced tea. Some flavors work better than others.

Underwater
06-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Right now I'm really into club soda with a lemon twist. I have also poured it over muddled berries. If you put flavored syrup (like the kind they use to flavor coffees at coffee shops) into club soda, it becomes an Italian soda. Which just sounds super sophisticated and indulgent; the sugar free varieties help keep it diet friendly.

I drink tea all the time, either unsweet or with just a smidge of sweetened condensed milk. Like a quarter to half a teaspoon. Yes, it still has calories, but far less than a can of soda.

Woah you just made my day! Well I think I'll have an Italian Soda when I get home. La dee dah!

Brandibooxoxo
06-17-2013, 09:44 PM
I love these ideas i'll have to try them but is there a zero calorie sweet tea? I'm not opposed to diet as ive been drinking diet soda for awhile.

HelloNurse
06-17-2013, 10:28 PM
At one point Lipton made a diet citrus green tea that was outstanding. I'm not sure if it still exists, as I now try to avoid artificial sweeteners because they have proven to be my major migraine trigger. Gold Peak, Sweet Leaf, and Steaz all make teas sweetened with NutraSweet, Splenda and stevia (respectively). You'll have to try them yourself and figure out which sweetener tastes best to you.

Oh gosh, how could we all forget that classic diet beverage, Crystal Light? It's a little bit old school (both my grandmothers used it for weight loss ever since I can remember), but it is delicious. And now they sell it in little single-serve pouches that are the perfect size for a water bottle.

Brandibooxoxo
06-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Okay one more question? What do you do when you start getting major headaches from lack of caffeine? Like my head has been pounding all day

HelloNurse
06-17-2013, 11:22 PM
That's esay; knock back a cup of coffee.

NeeneeKhaleesi
06-17-2013, 11:57 PM
Water with cucumber slices and ice!

bSpring3
06-18-2013, 12:03 AM
I like carbonated water. If I felt like I'd need some flavor, I'd add a splash of fruit juice. (No HFC.) I also drink coffee and tea.

Trazey34
06-18-2013, 01:00 AM
I'm a slave to sun tea - I fill up a giant glass jar, put in 3 teabags, slice up a lemon & orange into it, fill with water and leave on my back deck for 1/2 hr or so, then bring it in and leave on kitchen counter for a few hrs. Strain it all and leave in the fridge -- Sometimes if I'm in a hurry instead of the fruit I'll put in a spoonful of frozen lemonade concentrate

modifyeddoll87
06-18-2013, 04:39 AM
Amandie that sounds delicious kind of like an american twist on indian chai !

Trazey that sounds delicious i will try that this weekend !!

i like chai

i use skim plus milk ( low calorie high taste ) and sugar alternative
( i like equal ) and then depending on how i feel i step one black pepperorn a cinnamon stick a sliver of ginger and a green cardamom in a huge cup of hot tea

it keeps me full for a bit its hot so i dont gulp it down and it lasts a while and the only calorie agent here is the milk i use about 1/4 cup of skim plus for a large 16 oz mug

so the drink is like 40 calories ish

i am guilty of drinking a decent amount of diet soda and green tea mango crystal light also i always have sugar free popicles (10 calories a peice ) and sugar free jello ( so when i want to eat a lot for a little this fits the bill )

ubergirl
06-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Cold water with fresh mint leaves in it is delish.

CherryPie99
06-18-2013, 08:29 AM
I LOVE the Lipton Tea and Honey flavoring sticks!

thnknthin1
06-18-2013, 08:57 AM
I have trouble drinking plain water.....this whole time I have been flavoring my water with drops like Mio. It has been a lifesaver!

I of course like my occasional diet coke, but Mio flavored water has been my mainstay.