Goal! - Surgery is done, so, hopefully, for the last time...

ikesgirl80
06-14-2013, 11:04 PM
GOAL!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

I'm calling 180 goal for now!

This will be a short post with basic details, and will get a detailed account, supplemented with information from my mom and stepdad up sometime Monday.

On Wednesday, June 5th, I weighed 188 pounds. On Thursday morning I went in for surgery. My surgeon did a tummy tuck and a breast lift, and took off 8+ pounds of skin off my stomach, plus a little off my sides/sides of breasts. I was taken back around 8:30am and out around 4ish. I was awake and talking the doctors/nurses ears off minutes after being woken up! lol

I spent the night and got a shot of Demerol every 4-4.5 hours (which hurt!) but made my pain level ZERO! I was very thirsty for DAYS after and eating was difficult.

I went home Friday morning (9am?) and slept on and off all day. I was able to get up and walk around bits at a time, and then would drift off to sleep. With my drains I chose not to shower, but instead, enlist my mom (a nurse) to give me bed baths with cleaning wipes and dry shampoo. I am so glad she came down, because there would have been NO POSSIBLE way I could have properly cared for my incisions, even now, by myself. Friday afternoon, I switched to Demerol in a pill form every 6 hours, and as of today, Friday 1 week later, I am only taking it every 12 hours. I plan to be completely off it, and just take Tylenol starting Wednesday - Thursday of next week.

I am on major restriction still. I can freely roam my apartment. I can walk short distances ( like if a restaurant has good parking, I don't have to be dropped off at the door). I am only allowed to go to stores that have wheelchairs/electric carts.

I have been in Target twice (I love the carts!) and out to eat twice! I am so glad my mom is cool with that, cuz I needed out for a bit! Today, I got in a "cart accident" with a pole trying to do a U-turn in the store! lol

This morning I weighed myself and I was 180.0! I still have swelling, and I weighed after I ate breakfast. Also, the pain meds back you up, so I suspect if I don't go crazy with the food, I'll be around 170-175 by the end of the summer. But for now, I'm calling 180 goal, and going to let my body lead. I will weigh myself everyday, but not worry TOO MUCH about the number. Just enough to keep me in check, and follow what I look like.

More details and pictures to follow!

Chris

Just Dance Girl
06-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Congratulations!!! I'm glad it went so well.

Mozzy
06-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Congrats! Glad your surgery was a success!!!!!!!
Can't wait for pics!

Roo2
06-15-2013, 12:22 AM
So happy everything is going as planned! Congratulations on reaching Goal:carrot::hug:
Hope you bounce back soon!:D

When you are up to it ...I hope you will post more info .

Take care of yourself and enjoy ....What a wonderful gift you gave yourself:hug:

Good Luck ,Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Underwater
06-15-2013, 12:51 AM
I am so happy for you! I have met with a plastic surgeon myself and will meet with about 5 more before I make my decision. I have a feeling it will come down to 2 favorites I have from looking at their before/after pics.

Keep us posted on your recovery and I would love to see before/after pics if you are comfortable sharing :)

KindaSortaAthlete
06-15-2013, 01:21 AM
Woo hoo!! Like everyone else, can't wait for pics! I'd even like to see pics of the swollen version just to see what the whole process is really like!

NorthernChick13
06-15-2013, 03:14 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, CHRIS! THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see pics!!

Tibbits2u
06-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Congratulations ! I am happy everything went well for you !

thnknthin1
06-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Congratulations on making goal! So happy for you! :hug:

ikesgirl80
06-23-2013, 02:30 PM
**bump**

Added a picture! It is not the most flattering picture ever, but it is my first horizontally striped dress that LOOKS GOOD EVER!

Promise I'll have a good post tomorrow! Just getting back to normal this afternoon!

jhonharry
06-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Congratulations on making goal. I am on major restriction still. I can freely roam my apartment. I can walk short distances ( like if a restaurant has good parking, I don't have to be dropped off at the door). I am only allowed to go to stores that have wheelchairs/electric carts.

.................................................. ...................
jhonharry

amandie
06-23-2013, 11:51 PM
I don't know how I missed this when it was first posted! So happy for you! Congratulations!

ikesgirl80
06-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Thank you everyone! And now for what everyone has been waiting for.... My surgery post! --> My Surgery Story (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss/283898-warning-insanely-long-story-my-tummy-tuck-breast-lift.html) It's long, but it's good!

Chris

Natasha1534
06-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Congratulations!