Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Quit Weight Watchers due to poor customer service - what now?

I've been a WW member in the past, but joined again in October and had good success with going to meetings. For the past 2.5 months I haven't been able to get to the meetings, plus I am losing my job so am looking at ways to cut costs.

All I wanted to do is change my meetings membership to the online membership. Couldn't figure out how to do that online so emailed customer service. They told me I would have to cancel my meetings membership and join WW online and PAY ANOTHER SIGN-UP FEE. Emails went back and forth and I was asking them why would I have to pay that fee? I already paid that fee?

Basically they refused to help me or answer any of my questions. They kept ignoring every question I asked and just gave me their pre-written answers and asking me if I wanted to cancel my membership. I got so angry that I said, fine, cancel it.

So now I am WW-less. Which is fine, but I'm a little worried about my weight loss success as WW seems to be the only thing I've had success with.

I've used the Lose It app in the past and I really liked it. Are there better apps out there though? Obviously I'm going to be counting calories, but I felt like that didn't work in the past for me for some reason.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Hugs and tell me it will be okay? :-)

Last edited by BreathingSpace; 06-14-2013 at 01:00 PM.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Sorry to hear that, things like that are so frustrating. I'm doing WW completely on my own. I went in bought my kit (points calculator and food list) and I never go to meetings. In fact the couple of times I went a long time ago I just did not like it. I know we are all different but if you are trying to save money maybe you could try on your own. We are here for support so that part is taken care of. Hugs to you and WE can do it!!!
Joil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

I found my success (and have been maintain for a year) using myfitnesspal. Counting calories is free and very effective. Good luck!
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

I have lost about 85 pounds with Lose It. It works well for me. I pay close attention to my micro nutrients in the app as well as calories. I think any app or system with work if you remember it is a tool to help YOU get to your goals.

Sorry to hear about the CS issues. That is not a good thing.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Like Joil, I do everything on my own. I have a calculator and the reading material that I got from my grandma, and I have this website for the support! I find you don't need to be subscribed to Weight Watchers to still reap the benefits. Just follow the same plan you've already been following, and adjust your points when needed (there are online resources that can tell you when you need to change the amount of points you get).

If you don't want to stick with it, calorie counting would probably be the most similar, and there are many apps like Myfitnesspal which you can use to track everything.
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'5"

I too had to cancel my WW membership when I lost my job. I felt like I would not be able to do it on my own, because it was the only thing that worked for me in the past. However, I realized I really didn't like the counting points or counting calories for that matter, all I needed was the support. In my desperate need for support I found this site, and a workout buddy. Now I feel like I have won, I save my $ and I have met my and surpassed two of my previous set goals in half the time it took on WW. Not to put WW down because their plan does work, I am a lifetime member and now that I'm back at my WW goal weight, I can go to meetings for free. Good luck to you on your journey!
ShaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaMac View Post
I too had to cancel my WW membership when I lost my job. I felt like I would not be able to do it on my own, because it was the only thing that worked for me in the past. However, I realized I really didn't like the counting points or counting calories for that matter, all I needed was the support. In my desperate need for support I found this site, and a workout buddy. Now I feel like I have won, I save my $ and I have met my and surpassed two of my previous set goals in half the time it took on WW. Not to put WW down because their plan does work, I am a lifetime member and now that I'm back at my WW goal weight, I can go to meetings for free. Good luck to you on your journey!
Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear :-)
Old 06-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #8  

You can do it! Focus on daily habits of health - -drink lots of water, get enough sleep, portion control, mindfulness (pay attention on purpose.), exercise...all great habits!
thekerrclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #9  

I've been using Lose It for the past few days and liking it way better than the WW app. Counting calories is a bit weird compared to counting points but I'm still using the principles of WW. We shall see what happens!

I'm sad about not being able to go to meetings anymore though, that's the part I really liked. And it turns out I figured out how to switch my membership online without the aid of customer service, but by that time all the sh*t had gone down with them so I still cancelled my membership out of sheer principle of the way they treated me.