Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 09:30 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Ta-Da!!! June 9+

My ta-da! was that I got up early on Saturday and Sunday and exercised! A great feat for somebody who used to sleep in until 11 am and then shlep around watching home decor shows while eating breakfast

I am actually getting some work done around the house too before DH gets up at 10 am- which is making me feel better mentally
Old 06-10-2003, 10:13 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

TA-Da! Summer is officially here! I shaved my legs this morning! (It was a ***** undoing all the little braids and removing the beads but I did it. Cornrowed legs are so yesterday in Delta! )
I weighed myself afterwards and am still the same. Frass!
Old 06-10-2003, 10:25 AM   #3  

I have logged a good walk onto my pedometer log since May 18, every day. And got 2 birthday presents for 2 little girls (one 4, one 7) whom I don;t know very well (but who are pals of my youngest DD)(Actually the 4 yr old is a classmate's sister, the 7 yr old is a pal). Ta-Da!

However, the house is a disastrous mess & I am totally behind in just about everything else. Anti Ta-Da (Da-Ta? Ta-Ta? Baba Ram Dass?)

Lidian
Old 06-10-2003, 10:34 AM   #4  
Queen of China

finally did 3 miles on the treadmill, next goal to do it in under an hour. Worked in yard (aka stump filled, poison ivy covered, dog poop filled, mole hole covered space between house and road)and transplanted some myrtle. Also got poison ivy on my face and cold sores from being in the sun too long...ta...da....?
Old 06-10-2003, 11:47 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

You girls are hilarious.
My life is not nearly so interesting at present. But I DID see my optomatrist again this morning, and she said my eyes are healing and I should be able to wear contacts again by December. So if I'm thin and glasses-free (again), I may be a babe come Christmas.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:43 PM   #6  

You Chicks are hysterical!

Ta-da!!!! For 3 weeks running I have had the lunches made, my clothes picked out for work, my gym clothes set out and my bag packed for work before I have gone to bed every night

I have also had the dinner dishes done and the sink shining every night for 2 weeks Thank you Flylady!!!!
Old 06-10-2003, 02:29 PM   #7  

Wow, Mauvais! I am exhausted just reading all that you are doing! Major ta-da's!

Maybe I will check out that Flylady thing. Since Hannah Gruen is not gonna be showing up anytime soon.

Lidian

[Maybe Hannah IS Flylady!?]
Old 06-10-2003, 04:43 PM   #8  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WOW Ruth!!! I shaved mine too!!! Also shaved my pits for the first time in 20 years. Won't be doing THAT again anytime soon!!! I bought a new razor which I thought would improve the process, but my pits were itching and annoyed just the same as I remember from all those years ago. IT JUST AIN'T WORTH IT!!!!

Ellis-Glad to hear your eyes are getting better!!!

To all the rest of you...CONGRATULATIONS on your ta das!!! Now would you PLEASE come here and clean MY house and exercise for me?
Old 06-10-2003, 05:44 PM   #9  

Good grief... you shaved your PITS! How dare you!? I suppose you expect ME to do the same now!? Well, forget it! heh heh.

I rejoined FlyLady last week. Thinking that I would have time for it. I've been hitting "delete" everytime she sends me an email... maybe next week I can get my act together...
Old 06-11-2003, 02:38 PM   #10  

Ta-da! I bought some herbs at lunch time yesterday and spent Tuesday evening transplanting them into my windowboxes
Old 06-11-2003, 06:03 PM   #11  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Boring Ta-Da - but I got a bunch of stuff accomplish at work that I have been trying to do for the last week. I cleaned out half of my inbox "to do" list. It is rare lately that when I finish the day I felt like I really got something done.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:26 PM   #12  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Also partially cleaned my kitchen. At least the top of the stove and my table.

Also washed all of my summer clothes, even if I don't fit in them.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:31 AM   #13  

Did the FlyLady thing and (almost) totally cleaned my kitchen yesterday and even hung up the pot rack that's been sitting atop the microwave for 6 months. It's hanging on "the wall that's waiting to be patched and painted", but that may not happen for a YEAR, so I may as well get some use out of the rack in the meantime.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:57 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

TA-DA! Opened yesterday's mail and found that I did Harry's income tax perfectly! Mine get through the Eagle Eyes at Rev. Canada as well. Life is good when you don't have to worry about the feds breathing down your sweaty neck all summer!

Cleaned out the fridge and one freezer to get ready for today's dump run.

Summer clothes are out of storage - just not hanging in the closets. (Need to ditch the winter ones first and big sort and pitch needed.)
Old 06-12-2003, 08:58 AM   #15  

Ruth, didn't you used to WORK there!? Yeah, those gimlet-eyed buggers would want to THOROUGHLY check YOUR forms.
Closed Thread