Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - What is your favorite "diet" food??

CIELOARGE
06-13-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm not a diet food kind of gal, I've been eating full fat and "real" food for about a year. But there is this one item that I just love and it really tastes great.

Flatout Flatbread light. It has 90 calories, 2.5g of fat, 16g of Carbs, 9g of fiber and 9g of protein. - the list of ingridients is way more than 5 (and some questionable names), but I am not too worry to have something like this once in a while.

This flat bread is awesome if you are into the "low carb" life style because it only has 7 net carbs. I usually use it for breakfast wraps.

What is your all time "diet" food???

JohnP
06-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Dill Pickles

sacha
06-13-2013, 03:01 PM
^^Yes!
Dill pickles (with loads of garlic)
Diet pop
Popcorn (plain) with salt and vinegar shaker when I'm craving chips

freelancemomma
06-13-2013, 03:07 PM
I love Western 15% fat cream cheese. IMO it's WAY better than any of the Philadelphia cream cheese products.

F.

Tibbits2u
06-13-2013, 03:10 PM
I really love skinny cow ice cream. I usually just have one or two a week and at 150 calories each i wont be beating myself up the morning after. all the ice cream flavors are pretty good, but my favorite is the vanilla ice cream sandwich.

krampus
06-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Coke Zero and Diet Pepsi

JenMusic
06-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Cherry Coke Zero; Nonfat, plain Greek yogurt (I miss it with very strong cinnamon); PB2; I have a new obsession with Quest bars.

crispin
06-13-2013, 03:39 PM
Of processed marketed-as-diet food, I'd have to go with Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches.

I also buy Thomas' 100 Calorie English Muffins pretty regularly but those aren't worthy of nom nom status. ;)

Katie816
06-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Weight Watchers Fudge ice cream bars.

I also eat a lot of dill pickles but I do that even when not dieting.

newleaf123
06-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Popsicle's No-Sugar Tropical Pops @ 15 calories each.

Remington90
06-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Cauliflower (use it in almost anything!) and boneless skinless chicken thighs. I know the chicken I could eat any time, but I've been eating that to help with protein and it's honestly an awesome, filling food.

alizarin
06-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Nonfat greek yogurt and my banana-smoothie:

One banana, light soymilk (60cal/cup), sometimes a little of vanilla flavor, and three tablespoons psyllium husk seed. Super filling because the psyllium bulk it up so much, yet basically has very little calories because it's mostly just fiber. Its taste reminds me of banana cake dough, and much fewer calories :)

Radiojane
06-13-2013, 04:52 PM
fresh salmon fillets; they cook in 20 minutes, are so big they're two portions so I can cut them in half and use one for the next day, and they're delicious

Armstrong aged cheddar snack sticks. 80 calories and so tasty. I cannot give up cheese, but this way I know EXACTLY how much I'm eating

Tea! Any kind really, but I'm loving the tetley cocktail line right now!

krampus
06-13-2013, 04:54 PM
I have a new obsession with Quest bars.

Heheheheheheheheh glad you like them! I just got a bunch of choc chip cookie dough bars in the mail.

I never even thought of them as Diet Food - they're THAT good

Desiderata
06-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Zevia for the very occasional cola splurge - liquid stevia for everything else (like homemade fizzy lemonade).

Cottage cheese and string cheese. Quest bars for meal-on-the-go. Homemade chocolate/PB whey shakes (with PB2 and cottage cheese). Admittedly not very clean/paleo/etc - but 80/20 and all that. This is the stuff around the edges that keeps me sane!

CIELOARGE
06-13-2013, 05:53 PM
newleaf123: I buy those for my kids!! :p I eat them every now and them when I need something cold!

Katie816, crispin & Tibbits2u: Now I really want ice cream! :D

Radiojane: I eat cheese all the time! It's something that I am not willing to let go.

JenMusic: I am yet to try P2B. I read great things about it, and I saw it on my local Fred Meyers...

Hello Nurse
06-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Low Carb Monster Energy drinks (I'm weaning off them though), and Laughing Cow light cheese. Also sugar free starlight mints.

JenMusic
06-13-2013, 06:28 PM
CIELOARGE - I like PB2, but it helps not to set yourself up for actual peanut butter. It's definitely different, but still yummy. I mix it with Greek yogurt, or sometimes frozen fruit.

Krampus - Those choc chip Quest bars are AMAZING.

rubidoux
06-13-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm so jealous of the quest bars. If I eat any fiber at all it sets off my IBS, but otherwise they look perfect for me.

I eat low carb and have really been enjoying a decadent snack of 1 ounce trader joe's mesquite almonds, 1 ounce trader joe's unexpected cheddar (this stuff is to die for!), and 2 trader joe's dark chocolate wedges.

huntress
06-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Diet Dr Pepper and Pringles light.

tehshort1
06-13-2013, 06:53 PM
I absolutely love the weight watchers fudge bars! And Cherry Coke Zero. I found Vanilla Coke Zero once and was in HEAVEN!

Missys Mom
06-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Those protein bars....especially the ones that taste really good, ie., Atkins Peanut Butter and Chocolate, lol.

MAK247
06-14-2013, 03:46 AM
Fiber one chocolate peanut butter brownies. Less than 100 calories and I was shocked by how good they are.

Chobani greek yogurt, I've especially been enjoying the new flip varities. I found a new flavor at target I haven't seen anywhere else, peachy pistachio...yum!

ReillyJ
06-14-2013, 04:27 AM
^^Yes!

Popcorn (plain) with salt and vinegar shaker when I'm craving chips

oooh i've never tried vinegar on popcorn!! Balsalmic vinegar?

amandie
06-14-2013, 06:03 AM
I absolutely love the weight watchers fudge bars! And Cherry Coke Zero. I found Vanilla Coke Zero once and was in HEAVEN!

Totally jealous of you being able to find that! I'd be okay with the Cherry Coke Zero if it didn't kinda give me a spicy (burning?) feeling in the throat so I don't drink it anymore. :(

The ranch and cheesy flavored rice cake cracker/chips are a new fave of mine and LF cottage cheese or NF greek yogurt with dry ranch seasoning and/or garlic salt as a dip with veggies. Good on salads too.

Mer du Japon
06-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Laughing cow light Swiss cheese

Hard boiled eggs

Skinny cow chocolate bars

String cheese

Nonfat Greek yogurt with honey

Frozen grapes

Think Thin bars

Almonds

ReillyJ
06-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Just tried PB2 and in my opinion it doesn't hold a candle to peanut flour from iherb (it used to be a Trader Joe's label)

omg GOOD, as you can see it's sold out

http://www.iherb.com/Protein-Plus-Roasted-All-Natural-Peanut-Flour-16-oz-453-g/36230

sontaikle
06-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Heheheheheheheheh glad you like them! I just got a bunch of choc chip cookie dough bars in the mail.

I never even thought of them as Diet Food - they're THAT good

OH dear god I am addicted to the chocolate chip cookie dough ones. I love most of the other flavors, but I order a whole box of those every so often!

I also clean out GNC's cookie dough bars whenever I can :cookie:

chahma
06-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Laughing Cow light - any flavor
PB2 (I just discovered this recently, love it!)
Hummus (roasted red pepper from Trader Joe's is my fav)
Weight watcher's giant fudge bar - YUM
Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches
Trader Joe's FF greek yogurt (honey flavor)

That's about all I buy as far as "processed" diety type of foods, otherwise I try to keep it "clean" (I'm with Desiderata I try to keep it 80/20)

Terra1984
07-11-2013, 01:16 PM
I dont eat diet foods, I just eat smaller portions of whatever my mom cooks but I do love my Cherry coke zero