Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss - I wore a bikini today

View Full Version : I wore a bikini today

ValRock
06-13-2013, 12:58 AM
And nobody died or cried or pointed at me and laughed.

It felt dang good!

I have only ever worn one once before, in public. That time I wore a high waisted swim skirt and walked around with my arms crossed.

Not this time!!! I rocked it!!! Little Triangle top and ties on the sides and all.

And you know what else I noticed??? NOBODY has a perfect body. We all put so much pressure on ourselves to look like VS swimsuit models, for no reason. Nobody looks like that in real life... Everyone has a little cellulite, some stretch marks... a part they don't 100% love. If I stand like a model and don't move, I look pretty hot too... but who kneels on the beach with their boobs out, holding perfectly still? NOBODY. :carrot:

Have a great summer everyone :).

Changergirl
06-13-2013, 02:18 AM
Good job! I think it's all about confidence when wearing a bikini and you clearly have it.

I was in Cambodia in January and wore by normal 2 piece with a tank over. After I got out of the water I took off the tank so it could dry and felt really good because I was confident enough to wear a 2 piece in public for the first time ever. I was only there with my fiance and I'm still not at that point with friends and family yet. Damn stomach stretch marks!!!

amandie
06-13-2013, 04:05 AM
Whoo-hoo!!! Way to go! :carrot:

Can't wait until the day I get to rock a bikini!!!

Kitcherella
06-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Bravo! And how right you are! Perfection does not exist. Be the best 'you' you can be is what I always think.

Missy Krissy
06-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Good for you!

charliee
06-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Great news!! Congrats!

Lecomtes
06-13-2013, 08:32 PM
You're a hero val! Way to go girl!

stella1609
06-14-2013, 12:15 AM
And you know what else I noticed??? NOBODY has a perfect body. We all put so much pressure on ourselves to look like VS swimsuit models, for no reason. Nobody looks like that in real life... Everyone has a little cellulite, some stretch marks... a part they don't 100% love.

This!!! It really helped me have the confidence to wear a bikini in public. And you know what? I look BETTER in a bikini than I do in a one piece. Yes, I have fat on my stomach, but a bikini really emphasizes my hourglass shape.

I'm sure you looked fabulous :)

Roo2
06-14-2013, 02:41 AM
Glad you allowed yourself the freedom to try new things!
Of course you rocked it ! There was never a doubt!
Hope this will be the first of many new things you will allow yourself the opportunity to experience.
I think we put more constraints on ourselves than others do.
Live life with gusto and when you are old ...they will say that was a life well lived!:hug::D
Congrats Girl:carrot::carrot::carrot:

mascara blue
06-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Fantastic! Well done!

mimsyborogoves
06-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Great on you! I mostly never cared about wearing a bikini, but sometimes wish I could just because they're so darn cute. But I'm doomed to one pieces and full-coverage tankinis forever for the loose skin on my stomach unless I get surgery. You just go on wearing them for me! ;)

Mama Whitty
06-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Congrats & Way to go! To be honest I think we worry so much about what others are thinking, when most of the time they don't even notice. At a water park I would feel more self conscious, but at the beach I don't. Something about the beach. And yes two piece bathing suits are so much cuter.

hollywood hearts
06-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Congratulations! I'm very selfconscious about wearing one piece suits and even two piece. I have an hourglass figure that I love but I don't like my thighs. I hope one day I can have the confidence you have. It's always encouraging to see people like you be so confident! :)

Hershey89
06-22-2013, 12:29 AM
Awesome! I hope to do that one day too!! Great work!

ValRock
06-22-2013, 03:38 AM
Congratulations! I'm very selfconscious about wearing one piece suits and even two piece. I have an hourglass figure that I love but I don't like my thighs. I hope one day I can have the confidence you have. It's always encouraging to see people like you be so confident! :)

Just do it!!! Confidence is hot :).

Also... the parts we don't like about ourselves may be the parts that other people admire! I've always thought I had crazy huge calves, and hated them... a group of friends and I were talking about body parts the other night and someone said they wished they had my muscular calves! I don't hate them quite as much any more!

neurodoc
07-04-2013, 11:16 AM
NOBODY has a perfect body. We all put so much pressure on ourselves to look like VS swimsuit models, for no reason. Nobody looks like that in real life... Everyone has a little cellulite, some stretch marks... a part they don't 100% love. If I stand like a model and don't move, I look pretty hot too... but who kneels on the beach with their boobs out, holding perfectly still? NOBODY. :carrot:.

This is SO TRUE. When I was heavy, I thought that everyone within a "normal BMI" was basically perfect. Now that I've lost weight into the normal BMI range myself, I can see that my figure flaws remain, just shrunken, and virtually everyone over 25 has some of their own, including the very same bodies I used to think were perfect. It's a very liberating feeling.

I'm so glad you've got the mental mindset to wear a bikini now. It really is mental and not physical. We should all, fat or thin, tall or short, young or old, be able to wear what we want and feel good about it.

karmine
07-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Congrats! :) I'm really happy to hear you rocked it!

Mozzy
07-05-2013, 02:16 AM
Good for you!!!

sontaikle
07-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks for this thread. I rocked a bikini at the beach today. I wore shorts type bottoms (because I can't STAND those tiny bikini bottoms—I never could) but I exposed my midriff. A big, big thing for me.