Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Default Treadmill Recs PLEASE

Hey Ladies;

I'm going to be purchasing a treadmill soon and I was wondering if any of your have any recommendations.

I only need speed, not any fancy features, but I want to make sure the one we buy will last for a lot of miles.

Budget of less than $3000 too.
angiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

I am a total cheapskate. Let me tell you this from personal experience. Do not buy a cheapo treadmill!!! You will regret it!

We have a Sole F63 that we bought from Dick's for under $1000. Both DH and I use it, as do both our dogs. It works awesome!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #3  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

That's a pretty good budget... So you'll be able to get something really decent for that... My main treadmill now is a Precor and I love it... I train with a HRM and I like the HRM controlled workouts that it has... And I find the running deck to be really comfortable...

Definitely try out any treadmill that you're considering, especially if you are going to spend that much... You really want to make sure that it has the right "feel" for you... I looked at True and Star Trac which are also some of the highest rated treadmills... But I went with the Precor after trying them all out... even though I had always dreamed of getting a True treadmill... The Precor deck just "feels" better to me... and I couldn't be happier...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 06-10-2013 at 08:29 PM.
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiemama View Post
Hey Ladies;

I'm going to be purchasing a treadmill soon and I was wondering if any of your have any recommendations.

I only need speed, not any fancy features, but I want to make sure the one we buy will last for a lot of miles.

Budget of less than $3000 too.

For $3000 you can get a very nice treadmill. My husband got a beauty for $1500.00.

BUT--the best thing to do is always check consumer reports on your treadmills. If you're looking on-line there are usually customer remarks about the product that will give you a very good idea as to what problems others have had.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote