Old 06-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200 / 192 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Default Still slowly losing on Phase 3--am I supposed to?

Hi, all!

I've been skulking on here for a while, but I haven't posted. My husband did IP for about six months last year and lost 70 pounds. To make it easier for him to follow it, I started IP in mid-February (with alternative products, and all the great info I've found here!). I started phasing off a couple of weeks ago and my question is this: should I still be losing on Phase 3? It's not as fast of a loss as on Phase 1, by any means, but I've still lost almost a pound and a half while I'm supposed to be gaining a little as glycogen is restored. I'm eating everything I'm supposed to for breakfast, within the guidelines. I'm eating my one snack packet, all my protein, all my veggies, and sometimes extra lettuce/pickles/stuff (and lately, a couple servings of PB2 after dinner--shhhh!).

I should mention that I'm also on Concerta, and one of the side effects is weight loss (not just from loss of appetite, since it really boosted my weight loss in the last month or so on Phase 1). I just had to raise my dosage a couple of weeks ago, so that effect may have been increased.

I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right! I worked hard to lose this weight, and while I weigh 13 pounds MORE than I did in high school, I'm two sizes smaller. I don't want to mess anything up!

(Also, is one week on Phase 4 before a cheat day kosher? If not, I need to reschedule my date with a cotton candy cupcake. )
Jadzaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadzaea View Post
Hi, all!

I've been skulking on here for a while, but I haven't posted. My husband did IP for about six months last year and lost 70 pounds. To make it easier for him to follow it, I started IP in mid-February (with alternative products, and all the great info I've found here!). I started phasing off a couple of weeks ago and my question is this: should I still be losing on Phase 3? It's not as fast of a loss as on Phase 1, by any means, but I've still lost almost a pound and a half while I'm supposed to be gaining a little as glycogen is restored. I'm eating everything I'm supposed to for breakfast, within the guidelines. I'm eating my one snack packet, all my protein, all my veggies, and sometimes extra lettuce/pickles/stuff (and lately, a couple servings of PB2 after dinner--shhhh!).

I should mention that I'm also on Concerta, and one of the side effects is weight loss (not just from loss of appetite, since it really boosted my weight loss in the last month or so on Phase 1). I just had to raise my dosage a couple of weeks ago, so that effect may have been increased.

I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right! I worked hard to lose this weight, and while I weigh 13 pounds MORE than I did in high school, I'm two sizes smaller. I don't want to mess anything up!

(Also, is one week on Phase 4 before a cheat day kosher? If not, I need to reschedule my date with a cotton candy cupcake. )
Yes, it's normal to still be losing a bit of weight. I went to see my coach after my 1st week on Maintenance and I was down another 1.4 lbs. My coach said that our bodies become so efficient of burning that sometimes it just takes a bit of time to get them back to "normal". And as far as your "date" goes, I would go for it! I had my cheat day 3 days after I started Maintenance and I did fine
Canadiandieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
Yes, it's normal to still be losing a bit of weight. I went to see my coach after my 1st week on Maintenance and I was down another 1.4 lbs. My coach said that our bodies become so efficient of burning that sometimes it just takes a bit of time to get them back to "normal". And as far as your "date" goes, I would go for it! I had my cheat day 3 days after I started Maintenance and I did fine
This is fantastic news!! I'm going on vacation soon where my husband and I will be having a huge get together with friends. I was hoping a cheat day would be in the cards for me for at least one meal!! Woo hoo!
ZOMBIEDAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
Awesome! Thank you so much! I searched and searched, and everything I read said that I should be gaining a little back or staying the same. Good to know that it's normal! (And good to know that my body is an efficient burner now! Woo hoo!)

I'm so still eating that cupcake then. I haven't craved a lot while on the diet, but I had a short list of 3-4 things that I was totally planning to bust into my first cheat day. And I have a Kitchenaid mixer that I've been whispering sweet nothings to since February about all the lovely things we'll be baking on cheat days (and freezing in individual portions, of course!).
Old 06-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I'm so still eating that cupcake then. I haven't craved a lot while on the diet, but I had a short list of 3-4 things that I was totally planning to bust into my first cheat day. And I have a Kitchenaid mixer that I've been whispering sweet nothings to since February about all the lovely things we'll be baking on cheat days (and freezing in individual portions, of course!).
This made me laugh. I'm having a doughnut of all things when I get to maintenance in less than 2 weeks. We are going on vacation to the Portland area and I will be making a stop at Voodoo Doughnuts on my cheat day.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #6  

glad to here u can still lose all the way through maintenance!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
glad to here u can still lose all the way through maintenance!
I think mine's being affected by my medication. Got on the scale this morning and I've lost almost as much as I would have in a week on Phase 1. I may have to cut Phase 3 short--my doctor's going to yell at me if my body fat percentage drops much lower. Can I cut it short? Everything I've read says two weeks is required.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #8  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I think mine's being affected by my medication. Got on the scale this morning and I've lost almost as much as I would have in a week on Phase 1. I may have to cut Phase 3 short--my doctor's going to yell at me if my body fat percentage drops much lower. Can I cut it short? Everything I've read says two weeks is required.
You an probably just up your calories by adding more protein and veggies. This should slow down the losses until you are done with phase 3. Maintenance will require a little trial and error until you figure out how many calories a day you need to maintain.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote