Old 06-06-2013, 05:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 331/320/250

Height: 5ft 5ins

Default For Everyone Who Feels Bad About Having A Treat....Confession Time

Ok so i have been reading some posts and i know we all feel guilty when we allow ourselves a treat or we have something that is considered unhealthy, or high in calories. I am confessing because this may help someone else who is feeling guilty about their treat. I am one day off my monthly cycle and have been feeling tired, bloated, depressed and craving sweet stuff. So last night instead of making my healthy scrambled eggs, grilled tomatoes and toast i had a mcdonald's. Here goes time to confess, i had a binge and had. A big mac, a cheeseburger, 1 portion of crisscuts, a chocolate brownie mcflurry and a blueberry muffin I am not only ashamed but sad that i went so overboard. I did not stop there, afterwards i had a packet of french fries (Potato chips), 4 biscuits and 8 ritz crackers. I really did binge and i left myself feeling so sick and full, it made me so depressed. But today i am clear of mind and i know what i have to do, get back in the saddle and focus. I have confessed because i know in the long run this will help me and i hope it will help someone else too. Too see it written on the computer screen is just unbelievable, but i think that this is the kick up the rear i need. So don't feel too bad when you have that little extra or you have a big binge like i have. Please don't beat yourself up too much, because today is a new day.

Sam xxx

Last edited by BuffyInSunnydale; 06-06-2013 at 05:21 AM.
BuffyInSunnydale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi Sam,

I must confess. I don't feel guilty. angelarm explains my way of thinking best in another thread.

Your food habits compared to a "normal" eater's food habits... by angelarm

"I actually think there might be a "normal" only in the sense that it's how our bodies are meant to operate. The more I read about insulin resistance and carbohydrates and sugar, the more I think that there's something PHYSICAL about my overeating. I have plenty of willpower in every other part of my life, and I just can't believe that people who don't overeat are just naturally more virtuous than I. (Especially since I watch plenty of my thin friends drink more than they should, spend excessively, etc.) There's gotta be a physiological component that makes some of us have so much trouble with this."

Sometimes I feel shame/embarrassed for getting so big. I tell myself I tried but the advice I was given worked for others but not my body. I had to find my own way.

I'm glad you started this thread. I hope others join in. I really value others opinion because I am still learning.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Buffy, I think confession is good for the soul. I also think that we all have binges at one time or another. The good thing about you is that you know what you did, you confessed it and now you are jumping right back up, dusting yourself off and starting to work hard once again. I admire you for that. I have often been guilty of doing this but just giving up. So I am very proud of you. I think this journey has to be a lifestyle change and we are all going to hit little (or sometimes big) bumps in the road. We just have to hold on tight and not get tossed around too much during the ride.
pjvw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

I think that angelarm is right in saying it is something physical. I think of it almost as it is going to happen sometimes. It does not mean I am bad. It does not mean I need to feel ashamed. It is hard to stay on track when you have your body's chemistry is working against. It is NOTHING to be ashamed of. The shameful feelings may even cause another binge.

But, even though I say that to you, I say all kinds of nasty things to myself when I binge. So I understand.
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #5  
Moving one day at a time

S/C/G: 450/399/160

Height: 5'2"

I'm my own worst enemy. I know when it's bad to REALLY cheat, but at the time, I just don't care. it's not until the last bit of food is in my cake hole that I actually feel bad and panic about what I just did. feeling bad about eating a lot of food isn't necessarily a bad thing, just think of how you felt (or at least I used to) after binge eating/eating junk before -- I just didn't care. caring is sort of like the light finally coming on, and it starts the right way of thinking. it'll eventually lead to changed habits. but then again everyone is different, just my $.02
wheezypi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 331/320/250

Height: 5ft 5ins

Thank you for the replies everyone i have loved reading your replies and opinions on this.
BuffyInSunnydale is offline   Reply With Quote