100 lb. Club - Getting out of the 220s and 230s (2012/Part 3)

Goddess Jessica
06-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Hello 3FCers,

The getting out of the 220s thread was becoming a monster in length so I started a new one.

PreciousMissy
06-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks for starting a new one! I guess I do have a tendency to prattle on which would explain the lengthiness :lol:.

purplekitten7
06-04-2013, 06:44 AM
Morning Ladies,

I was gone so long again you all moved :p

I am just about recovering from my stonking cold - went to the gym for the first time again last night and coughed up a lung on the treadmill - note to self, don't try and run with a possible chest infection :( I think I'll stick to taking it easy on the bike for a few days! Despite not working out and making some questionable food choices - I managed to stay put weight wise!

Was my nephews birthday at the weekend and we went to LEGOLAND - was so much fun and lots of walking :)

I'm also kind of being woo-ed...it's quite nice and puts a spring in my step :)

Hope you're all having a happy Tuesday :)

zoesmom
06-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks for starting the new thread :)

Today, I came in at 237.9, making it a total of 55 pounds lost so far. :D

Hope everyone is doing well!

nitrus29
06-04-2013, 11:42 AM
229 this morning !! Muwahahahahahaha....... :D

mnemosyne
06-04-2013, 05:14 PM
zoesmom! congrasts on the big milestone, that's brilliant!

purplekitten - being wooed sounds fantastic. And motivating!

I am still in this thread though I hope to leave it ANY DAY NOW THANK YOU BODY. :)

adalis
06-05-2013, 02:11 AM
after being stuck in 241 land for 3 weeks i can finally move here 238.2:D

purplekitten7
06-05-2013, 06:08 AM
I need a kick up the butt - I'm currently maintaining my weight without really trying which is good I suppose...but I would much rather be losing it with a bit of effort!

I'm off to the gym tonight and I'm gonna try and do 5k in preparation for my race at the end of the month, I'm still pretty chesty (with illness) so I won't be running much, but I can still walk it.

zoesmom - Wowsers! 55 is amazing - well done you!

nitrus29 - keep it going! You'll be out of here in no time ;)

mnemosyne - being wooed is lovely, he came over and cooked me dinner last night, brought me flowers AND even washed up! Can't ask for more than that :)

adalis - congrats and welcome!

PreciousMissy
06-05-2013, 11:08 AM
zoesmom, that is a great accomplishment! Well done!

nitrus, a new decade! I love those...as a matter of fact I'm trying to get to one myself, lol.

mnemosyne, I know how you feel! I want to move on to the 2-teens right along with you!

adalis, welcome!!!!!

purplekitten, he sounds like a great guy!

221 this morning. My scale weighs in whole pounds, so I have no idea if I am closer to 222 or 220, but either way, it's not 240!

nitrus29
06-05-2013, 01:57 PM
pfffffffttttttbbbbbb... popped right up to 232 this morning!! TOM :(:mad::(

mnemosyne
06-05-2013, 05:42 PM
purplekitten - cleaning up! that is how you know he is a gem. Wow. :)

adalis - welcome! I am hopefully on my way out but you will sooooon follow.

PreciousMissy - :) yes, let us jump down together. Uh, I was 219.8 this morning so I changed my ticker, but I'm not changing my thread until that number is a bit more solid, or is at least repeated. :)

nitrus - heh, yeah. Uh, I go up at least a week and a half before TOM. It will come back off!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-06-2013, 12:55 AM
Working my way back down after a 3+ pound increase on Monday. 226.6 today, almost back to my low of 226.4 of Sunday...

purplekitten7
06-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Oh dear, I'm paying the price for having salty popcorn last night - major bloating going on today :( and up 2lbs

I had to stick to the exercise bike at the gym last night because of my cough which is SUPER boring for me, but did one of the "rolling hills" programmes so it was at least a bit more interesting! Managed 30 mins and rode just over 10 miles so pretty happy with that I suppose - boy does my butt hurt today though! Sorry for TMI!

PreciousMissy - you're so close to leaving us, I'm so excited for you!

nitrus29 - TOM affects us all, just think how great the whoosh will be after ;)

mnemosyne - definitely, I should add that he washed up without me even asking/knowing etc. He took out the dishes and was gone a few minutes - I went out later and everything was sparkling haha, maybe he's magic?!

SuperHeroTeacher - keep it going!

PreciousMissy
06-06-2013, 11:11 AM
mnemosyne, I might have to catch the next train to the new decade, but save a seat for me in 2-teen-derland!

purplekitten, his name isn't Harry Potter is it? ;)

Up...yes, I said up...to 224 today *gasp*. I'm not the least bit surprised. I ate out twice yesterday and it was a lot of carby stuff. So, on top of the carbs, only the cooks know how much sodium and fat they added...but let me tell you, it was yum-freaking-ee. Now I just have to pay the price. I figure, if they are real pounds, I've lost them before, I'll can do it again!!!

Have a wonderful day all!

purplekitten7
06-06-2013, 12:43 PM
PreciousMissy - unfortunately not, although I will check his driving licence to be sure ;) I am just about geeky enough to be SUPER EXCITED if it was, I may consider marrying him JUST for the name haha

PreciousMissy
06-06-2013, 01:06 PM
I may consider marrying him JUST for the name haha

purplepotter

:lol3:

purplekitten7
06-07-2013, 06:40 AM
I might just have to change my name

nitrus29
06-07-2013, 10:18 AM
don't want to bother with the weigh-in till TOM passes by.. just wanted to pop in and say Happy Friday Ya'll !! :D
What plans for the weekend?
I usually end up cooking for my bf (who comes over for the weekends since he lives in another town) but today he wants us to go out on a dinner date :D as excited as I am about this date, I know I need to be careful about what I eat. Since he knows I am counting calories, he left the choice of restaurant to me. We both love Italian so I think I might just be prepared to load up on the carbs! :^: (Not before I hit the gym immediately after work & before he gets into town tonight!!)

Matilda08
06-07-2013, 10:41 AM
finally making progress im 220 today looking to see the teens very very soon:)

zoesmom
06-07-2013, 10:45 AM
don't want to bother with the weigh-in till TOM passes by..

Et tu, Bruté?

I am feeling all bloated and gross and fat and heavy today. And I know it is only because my newly discovered TOM is rearing its head. Bittersweet I guess. I love that it came back after a many year hiatus...that means I can work on planning for a #2. I hate the fact I have to remember to buy feminine hygenine products again, especially considering I forgot where they are located in the stores or my brand preference! :lol: I guess, on the brightside, I bypassed the "This is SO akward buying these" stage with a lack of a period for most of the past decade and am in the "Meh. Just life, yo" stage.

purplekitten7
06-07-2013, 11:09 AM
"Meh. Just life, yo" stage.

^ totally sums up how I'm feeling about everything at the moment :)

I am feeling so much happier in myself than I have done in YEARS, I am totally feeling the good vibe :) I'm even wearing DRESSES :D seems completely bonkers! The sun is shining, my legs are starting to get a bit toned and can I just confess - I quite like my bum at the moment! :o While the scale isn't moving, I'm definitely seeing some shape changes! Being showered with attention and affection by Mister Potter (as he shall now be called thanks PresciousMissy) certainly isn't hurting either!

I will be spending the weekend running around the park after my nephew who we are teaching to ride his bike for the first time! Lots of exercise for me! I've put myself in charge of the picnic so I can plan healthier options and eliminate most temptations - while still making it delicious I hope! Does anyone have any top tips for healthy picnic food? Preferably quick and easy too :)

Since I'm in such a disgustingly happy mood - I'm sending you all some good JuJu :dancer:

PreciousMissy
06-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Mr. Potter...I love it!

Mornin' ya'll! (I'm feeling a little bit country today)

Ugh, 224 today. Yeah, yeah, I know...it's better than 240...blah-blah-blah. ;)

I know it's real weight and not water weight. I just finished TOM and a lot of water left my system yesterday.

Oh well. It's only four pounds, and it will not go any higher. I will be a rock star today, just like I was yesterday...the day before, not so much...but that is in the past!

Every day is a new opportunity to do something awesome!

mnemosyne
06-07-2013, 11:43 AM
purplekitten - 10 miles in 30 minutes seems pretty awesome, but I don't really bike (or exercise bike) but am planning on getting ne shortly. THE GUY though, wow. I think he must be magic. :)

PreciousMissy - I will save a seat for you! I don't really mind those out to dinners if they were delicious, honestly. I have made room for things like that throughout my weight loss. I MIND THEM when they are not good. Good attitude!

nitrus - III am having a domestic weekend. Finishing some planting in the yard, cleaning the house. Am going away next weekend so this one will be all lazy ordinary stuff.

Matilda - will see you in the next thread soon!

zoesmom - heh. hope you feel better, but it's awesome that it's come back! weight loss brought mine back and has regulated it totally. it has never been normal since I was a teenager. now: like clockwork.

anyway, I am definitely at 219 now. This is so hard for me to understand on some level, given where I started. But here I go, wandering off to the last thread before onederland.

purplekitten7
06-08-2013, 05:34 AM
I have agreed to Mister Potter coming to the gym with me tomorrow....HEEEELLLLP what have I done?!?!

I feel fairly comfortable around him, and have warned him that I look gross when I work out, and not the "she says she looks gross but I bet she still looks cute" kind of gross, the bright red and sweaty type of gross but he's still up for it! Haven't managed to scare him off yet!

Of to the park now, picnic is packed with lots of fruit and veggies.

Hope you all have a good day - will check in again later if I survive the day!

SeeMyFeet
06-08-2013, 12:28 PM
:carrot: (a little) Progress! :carrot:

231 today. I saw that number on Apr 29, Apr 17, Feb 24&25, Feb 14,15&16, (229.5 on Feb18!)....well you get the point....If I could just bust back into the 220s.....

I've given up ALL meat, except salmon and shrimp in small quantities, ALL bread, pasta & rice.....I don't usually eat much of these anyway and gave up tuberous veggies like potatoes a long time ago. Fruits and veggies. That's it. Coffee and strawberries for breakfast. Spring greens salad All Day Long. 5-7 shrimp for dinner. Green beans for snack. I don't know....maybe I'm wrong (again).....but I think I'm getting that Losing Feeling back....I have been feeling sooo fat and bloated and tired....but when I am actually losing weight, I have more spring in my step--know what I mean?--and feel thin to the point that I'm delusional about my real size.

I'm trying to look forward and not regret all the lost time when I did not lose the weight. The first 8/9 months of the year are tough for me at work, and having teenagers...well....just tryin' to keep on keepin' on!

Wow! You guys are talking about dating! I'm in a different frame of mind--trying to teach my boys to be thoughtful gentlemen. It's a full time job, Ladies!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Down to 223.6 this morning! Hoping to be out of the 220s next weekend! :D

Lizzyg
06-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Hi! I'm new to this thread, but I cannot wait to get out of the 220s (again! ugh!). 224.4 this morning! :)

HelloNurse
06-08-2013, 11:53 PM
I had started at 248, and dropped 15 pounds pretty quickly (for me). I stalled out at 233 for a loong time. So much so that I decided to just take some time for maintenance. "Some time" became 3 months, then at the end of May I realized I was ready to try again. So. 230.4 yesterday and today. Woohoo. I'll get to start a new decade early this week. Hope the 220s breeze by for me like the 240s did.

SeeMyFeet
06-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Getting close to wearin' my 22_ again!

:carrot: Carrots are Dancin'! Carrots are Dancin'! :carrot:

Down 1# again today! 230!! I'm starting to feel (dare I say it?) hopeful again!!

Been sticking with fruits and vegetables, more or less. Went with the family to a Greek restaurant last night. Ordered a salad (not an NSV--I love salads).....minimal extras <1/8 C feta, 3 olives, 2 tomato wedges, no meat, mostly leafy greens...(weightloss-wise, a good choice....price-wise, a rip-off). However, it was dripping in olive oil. I don't usually use much dressing on my salad and was worried the # would be up today. Whew!

Welcome Lizzyg and HelloNurse! That 233 is such a despicable creature. Let's not mention her name again. "The number who cannot be named". (Ha! Harry Potter again!) I've been on a long "stall" myself....and at "that" number.

Lizzyg--you've got a good head-start for this thread! You and SuperHeroTeacher & PreciousMissy and a few others will be outta here in no time!! Not sure how everyone else is doin' ? (Save a place for me in the next thread!)

Lizzyg
06-09-2013, 01:24 PM
HelloNurse - Awesome!! You are so close!

And thank you for the warm welcome, seemyfeet! Hilarious about the HP reference as I am re reading those books again, right now! :) And you are almost out of the 230s!! :carrot:

purplekitten7
06-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Hello Girlies,

Welcome Lizzyg and HelloNurse!

You go SuperHeroTeacher - We'll be chasing you down into the next thread! You're so close!

SeeMyFeet - I'm loving all the HP references now...I can let my geek out ;) Keep it up!

I chickened out of going to the gym with him on Sunday - was completely shattered from the park on Saturday and was a massive pansy!

Good news - my nephew can ride his bike now - so cute! And we had lots of fun playing "baseball" in the sense that we whacked the ball around and had to run and get it!

Also, down part of a 1lb this morning :) Despite having a cheeky Chinese last night :) though my official weigh in is still 233 because I'm stubborn and round up!

Hope you all have a happy Monday (if that's possible), I'm being good with a drawer full of fruit at work in case I get peckish this afternoon and then heading to the gym after work to have another crack at managing 5k on the treadmill - only managed 3.89k in 30 minutes previously! My aim is 5k in 45 minutes...will let you know how I get on!

cincorn
06-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Good morning lovely ladies!
:welcome3: to those joining us in the 220-230's! This thread has moved SO FAST in the week I've been gone! Vegas was fabulous!:D and I ate forbidden food and drank plenty of adult beverages for the 3 days I was there. I got back late thursday night and got right back on Atkins induction phase. I got on the scales this morning, fully expecting to be a pound or two heavier (and praying it was no MORE than that!) and I LOST another pound from last week! Wow! Stuck for no reason for a month, then indulge 3 days, do induction 3 days and lose a lb.?

I'm HAPPY! :carrot:

I got the all clear on all my cardio tests, so back to the gym this morning!:tread:
The doctor said I could take beta blockers if I want to for the tachycardia, but that is for my comfort as the "skip" I have is an arrhythmia I've always had and not dangerous. I don't like to take meds so I'm going to try to go without the beta blockers for now.

:congrat: to all those who are seeing those scales go down! :goodscale But if you are "stuck" I've been there!!! I have lost 20 lbs as of today, but it's taken me 3 months to do it, instead of 3-4 weeks that many can claim. Oh, well...no sense complaining...it is what it is and I know the weight WILL come off if I stick to low carbs. I guess we will all have to learn patience...sigh.

SeeMyFeet
06-10-2013, 10:29 AM
:tantrum:

Valdemort is back! (I'd rather say THAT name than that despicable number!) :devil:

I wasn't going to post today, but I reconsidered. Confession and absolution and all. Drop-in visitors over the weekend caused me a bit of stress. Stayed on track pretty well. However, last night I had a small amount of pasta for dinner (<1 1/2C). (Why? WHY?? did I do that???) All fresh and homemade, veggies and pasta with lots of spices and minimal sauce. Still....That, plus pistachios for protein--only 140 cals worth, but salty. Cost me 3# on the scale. I had stopped plotting so carefully (why bother when the output is a horizontal line?), but I'm working on that again. For the last week, my weekly weigh-ins have a nice, downward slope at 1% loss (except for today), and the dailies have a slope at 2% loss, so I can see that I'm on track for losing. Hoping, hoping, hoping that today is a blip. Have 3 sandwich-sized boxes of salads for work today. Strawberries and coffee for breakfast.

Cincorn--I see we're posting at the same time. Welcome Back! and Congratulations on your loss!!! (#s that is; hopefully, your wallet gained in Vegas!!) Honestly, I'm still feeling stuck, and I know I could be EVEN HAPPIER for you if I were not! (Misery loves company; guess happy does too!! ;) ) Great news on the cardio! Woot! Woot!

TODAY I WILL DEFEAT VALDEMORT.....I will get a lot of work done.....and order blinds for the kitchen (yay!)....and, hopefully, poop.

PreciousMissy
06-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Morning all!

Wow, I'm "gone" for two days and look how much the thread has grown!

Welcome to all the newbies! This is an awesome thread for support!

purplekitten, I completely understand not wanting Mr. Potter to see you sweaty this early on. When my boyfriend and I started dating I would put on makeup before he woke up, lol.

cincorn, I'm glad to hear that your cardio tests came back all clear! That's awesome news!!

seemyfeet, I will be your miserable company. I can resist pasta, but it's salty food that is my downfall!

223 this morning :shrug:. I had bacon for dinner last night, so I don't know if the salt would account for half a pound or not.

Had a wonderful weekend! We went to a community garage sale and parked the car so we could walk around. Next weekend, if there aren't any fire bans, we're going to try to go camping. I need to get out of the city!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

purplekitten7
06-10-2013, 12:22 PM
cincorn - Welcome back! Glad you had such a good time in Vegas! Congratulations on losing a lb while away! So happy for you :) Also glad to hear you've got the all clear from your tests

SeeMyFeet - I am similarly stuck on Voldermort, been here for about 3 weeks now :( Some of it was unavoidable (being ill and not being able to work out much with a chest infection) and some of it was my fault (making excuses why I was too busy with a social life to go to the gym) but I am FED UP of it now! 232 - I'm coming to get you!

PreciousMissy - I tend to err on the side of no make-up, I like to let them know what they're in for from the start so I don't have to experience the screams of horror when I forget one day ;) I think it's more of a fear of showing JUST how unfit I am, even though he isn't very fit himself and we've been talking about losing some weight together - when I get some confidence it might be a nice little support network! Tbh, yesterday I had a bit of a low day anyway - feeling really miserable and generally crying for no reason so that might not have helped!

nitrus29
06-10-2013, 12:48 PM
hi everyone.. weighed-in at 228 this morning!'
Having a moment of self doubt though.. (again) I need to lose at least a 100 lbs and so far I have lost 34 in the past couple of months that I have started. If I keep doing what I am doing I will lose it right? I know it's not a linear loss, I see the difference in loss now itself.. first few pounds were easier to lose, now it's getting slower. I am just scared it will STOP! :( Some folks at work are starting to notice the difference, though friends say they don't see much change.. urgh! I just don't want to lose the losing streak till I hit goal.. it is a long way to go, I just hope I have the patience to see myself through this and of course I made a commitment so I know I have to see this through!!
Aah boo!!!! Sorry but I had to let it out of my system! :(

PreciousMissy
06-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Tbh, yesterday I had a bit of a low day anyway - feeling really miserable and generally crying for no reason so that might not have helped!
:hug: purple kitten, we all have our off days.

nitrus29, some days I feel like it's going to take forever to get to goal, I'll never get there, and I'll give up like I always have in the past, so why bother with today? The only answer I have for myself is "I am so sick of being like this!!!!! Let's see how today goes, and if by the end of the day I am happy being this big then I can give up tomorrow." Inevitably, by the end of the day there's at least one time I've thought "I would love to be 170!" Which means, slow or not, I've got to keep doing this.

I don't know if that helps you or not....guess I got on my own little tirade and forgot my point, haha!

Issaknits
06-10-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm stuck wobbling between 240 and 241, so I thought I'd peek my head in here as a motivational kick in the pants to get over the see-saw and into the 230s. Hi everyone!

If I keep doing what I am doing I will lose it right?

Absolutely! It's taken me eight months to lose 27 pounds. I think my body likes to play a game of red light/green light with weight; I'll be stalled for what seems like forever (hello, 250's! I'm talking about you!) and then vroom! The scale needle decides to fall. One time, I was even scared that it was falling too fast, even though I wasn't doing anything differently.

And BTW, I've been lurking on this site and I love your posts! You're an inspiration to me and your icon never fails to make me smile. :)

I hope that didn't sound creepy. *is socially awkward*

cincorn
06-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I know nitrus! I love your saying "lose 1 lb., repeat 99 times". We all need to remember that! Sometimes I think Man, how can I lose 65 more lbs.!!! But then I think, if I just keep going, eventually I can lose 10 lbs. And then I can do it 5 more times! Hey, a year is going to come and go no matter what I do...I'm sorry I've spent as much time as I have being obese but there is nothing I can do about choices of the past. I'll be 55 in January. I am planning on being a lot healthier and happier by then!!! Let's all do this thing!

nitrus29
06-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Precious Missy it always helps knowing I'm not the only one.. thank youu :hug: off to the gym I go now!!

Did I mention my weekend was terrible? No gym on either saturday or sunday.. :no: went to this really lavish buffet lunch and to top it all of somehow managed to slice my toe with the blender blade !! Freak kitchen accidents, yo! :rolleyes:
I really don't want to skip gym today so I'm gonna bandage my toes together and hobble on the treadmill tonight! :tread:

Issaknits - you made me :D :hug:

cincorn - I know right?! patience is a virtue.. funny how these sayings start making sense eventually! Let's do this!! ;)

SuperHeroTeacher
06-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Everyone is doing so great in this thread! I woke up down to 223.0 this morning - WOO-HOO! Might be moving out to the two-teens soon!

I too love nitrus' unicorn/rhino icon :D

PreciousMissy
06-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Good morning all!

222 today. It's slowly going back down, thank goodness!

I was hoping to go camping this weekend, but different counties are starting to enforce fire bans, which means we would have to reserve a pay spot. I don't mind the paying part, what is holding me back is that they stuff so many pay spots into a small area. I feel like the campsites are on top of each other. Plus, it's harder to find one last minute. Yes, I'm just a big whiny baby about the whole thing :lol:.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

SeeMyFeet
06-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Valdemort has been defeated! :carrot: 230.5 today. I know I should be happy, but I really, really, really wanted to be in a 22_. Who's standing in my way now, Lizzyg? The Malfoys? I vanquished Valdmort with 718 calories. I basically work 2 jobs, and that is not enough for me. (Plus, I usually overestimate the cals.) I was sooo incredibly tired by the end of the day. I was even tired while sleeping, if you can imagine. Made sure to take all my vitamins and iron today. More fluids.

He's a strong foe Purplekitten! Don't turn your back on him!

Ordered new blinds for the kitchen. Yay! Didn't get as much done at work as I would have liked. Did some gardening and battled ants--we have carpenter ants trying to get into the house! Again! (Always some kind of battle.)

Sooo proud of my DS, who has been going running every morning at 7am. Can't wait until I get some weight off these joints so I can join him!

Keep swimming nitrus!! Keep plugging away, tweaking, experimenting.... You're doin' great!

Sooo close Issaknits...I've always been terrible at losing weight, which is how I got into the predicament I'm in right now. I can lose 5-10% easily, then no more. I'm still stuck there, but I'm determined to plow through this time. I have no other choice. I simply cannot be this fat for the rest of my life!

You've got a ticket to ride, PreciousMissy and SuHeTeach! Anybody else planning on moving on to the next thread this week? I'm cleaning the house in preparation for my trip, but won't start packing until I get my 22_.

PreciousMissy
06-11-2013, 11:46 AM
YAY seemyfeet!!!!!!!!!

I can feel your energy emanating from the computer screen! Reading your post has blown a fresh wind into my sails!

SeeMyFeet
06-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Energy!?!?
Ha...today it comes from my coffee cup!! But I will defeat the "Malfoys" so I can join you in the next thread! ! (Typing on my phone at work on my third cup of coffee! )

(But I AM feeling more confident.....I brought some safety pins to work....in preparation for the day when my pants start falling down! Ha!)

purplekitten7
06-11-2013, 04:57 PM
YAY seemyfeet!!!!!!!!!

I can feel your energy emanating from the computer screen! Reading your post has blown a fresh wind into my sails!

^ I totally agree! I FINALLY managed the 5k on the treadmill tonight! And all because I could feel the good juju from you pushing me along SeeMyFeet! It was a mixture of walking and jogging intervals, and my aim was to get it finished in 45 minutes...I totally smashed that! 38:59 minutes! YEAH BABY! :carrot: I was utterly disgusting and shattered by the end of it but I walked out the gym with THE biggest grin on my face like a total looney :D

nitrus29 - I have to jump on board with the loving your pic! Makes me chuckle everytime I check in here :) I doubt myself constantly - some days you girls are the only thing that get me through to the next day!

PreciousMissy - Thanks, feeling much better today!

Issaknits - I'm keeping you a seat warm ;) you'll be joining us in no time!

cincorn - you're right, step by step is the way to conquer the mountain!

SuperHeroTeacher - I hope you get your butt outta here soon! Will all the love intended! You're doing so great!

SeeMyFeet - congrats on defeating Voldermort, gimme some tips so I can do the same! Those pesky Malfoys won't know what's hit them when you square up to them ;) Oh and coffee energy TOTALLY counts...at least I hope it does!

I just made myself "mystery pie"...which started out as a sort of cottage pie with Turkey mince and Cauliflower topping...and ended up with a whole mismatched bunch of leftover veggies I had in the fridge - but it smells SCRUMMY so I think I might have just invented a new dish ;)

Sorry for the essay of a post :)

PreciousMissy
06-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Scrummy...that's a new one for me!

purplekitten, way to rock the 5k!!!! And even under the goal you had set for yourself! Very impressive.

I just "discovered" a new (to me, at least) food. Quinoa! I know, I'm a few years behind, that's the story of my life, haha! I tried a soup that had it in it and I decided I liked the quinoa...the soup, not so much. I'm trying to find recipes that use quinoa. I'd love any suggestions if anyone has any!

SeeMyFeet
06-12-2013, 11:03 AM
:spin::flame::flow1::cb::shrug::dancer::dancer: :grouphug: :tantrum::bomb::twirly::nose::yikes::lucky: :bubbles:

Mix of emotions right now....I got my 22_ today!!!!!!
818 cals yesterday: strawberries, oatmeal & coffee for breakfast
three 75 cal salads, 2 oranges, and 11 small shrimp

Doing a little better with the fatigue/brain fog, but was exhausted this AM...stepped onto the scale without even thinking...forgot my usual begs (please?please?please? or baby needs a new pair of shoes!) and POOF I saw
227 !!!!!! three times !!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Lucious and Draco Malfoy have been defeated. Now I face Fluffy...again. I faced him several times before and never got past him. This time, I will! My ticker is FINALLY honest....Yay! Hopefully soon I can start moving my ticker down on the forum again---that's half the fun, you know!

PM: I used to use sprouted Quinoa on my salads. I don't use it much any more as I'm trying to avoid carbs, meat, and anything over 100 cals.

Nitrus and purplekitten: Way To Go with the workouts! Do some extras for me, please? I know it sounds like an excuse, but I just do not have the energy to do those kinds of workouts--I wish I did. But this low-cal thing is working, so I'm focusing on that right now. Tomorrow, I will start with muscle-building.

Keep moving, ladies!!!

PreciousMissy
06-12-2013, 12:13 PM
seemyfeet, 227?!?!?!?! That's awesome!!!! I know what you mean about fatigue. I ate a lot of food yesterday, but not a lot of calories, and I flat out didn't feel good when I got home yesterday. I devoured my dinner and started to feel better. As for fluffy, try casting a music spell. I've heard he likes music ;)

222 today. Hopefully I can make my ticker honest again soon. You all are amazing ladies, but I want out of this thread! I've hung out here too long. I feel like I'm waiting for the bus and I keep looking down the street thinking "where is it already?!?!?"

zoesmom
06-12-2013, 12:20 PM
As I see everyone move on down, I continue to hide in my corner at a itty bitty plateau. Anyways, congrats all!!! :) and maybe, just maybe, I will be able to follow suit a little later this week :)

Lizzyg
06-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Seemyfeet - you're cracking me up! You'll get rid of Fluffy in no time!!

Purplekitten!!! - awesome on the 5k!!:carrot:

Zoemom - you'll bust through that plateau!!

Preciousmissy - 222! You're almost there :)

And this am on the scale? 223!!! Yay!! I'm almost done with these awful 220s!

opheliaphoenix
06-12-2013, 10:52 PM
zoesmom: Don't worry, I'm right there with you on that plateau! I've been fluctuating in the same couple pounds since the beginning of the month. Still at 234.8 today. Hopefully, we'll be able to rejoin them soon! :yes:

HelloNurse
06-12-2013, 11:51 PM
I keep bouncing around 229.8 to 230.4; not that it matters, as they are both effectively 230. Which is not 22x, and it's definitely not 130. I'm just going to concentrate on getting out of this decade for now. Then I'll keep chugging away, decade by decade. But this one sure has been frustrating!

SeeMyFeet
06-13-2013, 10:40 AM
:dizzy: :spin: :twirly: :yikes:

I get to keep my 22_ !!!!! Got past Fluffy this morning! How did I do that?

226 today after only 508 cals yesterday. Lovin' me scale this week.

Many questions: How much of this is really fat? How long can I keep this up? How am I going to transition away from this ELC plan and not gain anything back? Is it possible to get my entire house clean at once?

Battled shrubbery in the 90 degree heat yesterday. Trying to keep spiders and ants away from the house.

Here ya on the plateaus, HelloNurse, Zoesmom, Opheliaphoenix; although, mine was not "itty bitty"....more like the Mongolian steppes!! Hope you can break yours without the extreme measures I'm having to take.

Hey!!!! I get to move my ticker/tracker!!!!! Woooo HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! YAAAAYY!!! HAPPEEEEEEEEE DANCE!!!!

PreciousMissy
06-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Good morning all!

I'm going to throw a little tantrum :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:.

I feel a little better, but only a little.

224 this morning. I looked back at my log and I've bounced between 220 and 224 (mostly 222) since the middle of April...APRIL!!!!

I'm not going to say that I've been 100% perfectly on plan the entire time, there have been a few days where I wasn't, but I have had many many more days on plan.

I'm not depressed, nor do I have a defeatist attitude...I'm angry! And that is exactly what is going to give me the drive and fuel to break this! I will NOT be defeated by a scale! I want this and I am worth it!!!

Now that my little tantrum is over, you are all doing amazing!! Keep up the good work :D

nitrus29
06-13-2013, 12:40 PM
PreciousMissy YES!! You definitely can break it !!

I'm still at 228, yo-yoing all over the place and trying to figure out what is it that is making me go up and down a few pounds every day. Not sure if I need to up my workouts :?: I need to do something different / more to get the scale to move down. The so called POST TOM Whoosh never happened! :^:

I guess the reason why most of us feel we've been here too long is cause this thread is for 2 decades, so when we DO get out of here, we are in fact going to go down 2 decades :carrot:

So chin up everyone!!

SeeMyFeet
06-14-2013, 09:53 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mix of emotions again this morning. I first erased a "let's all get motivated" post, then a "everything's going so well this week...something is about to hit the fan" post. I think I'll just post. It is what it is. Which is a good thing, because it is different from what it was last week. = progress!!

224.5 today!!!!

I'm speechless, gobsmacked, flabbergasted, and completely undone. I am having trouble wrapping my brain around the possibility that I might actually be....dare I say it....Successful?....at this weight loss business?

I'm not even going to tell you how few calories I had yesterday. I cannot take the criticism right now. I just want to revel in a little success for a while...and hope and think and plan to find a way to make this stick.

Nitrus, PreciousMissy, HelloNurse, OpheliaPhoenix, Zoesmom.....hang in there! You're not gaining!!!!! I had to change things up dramatically to get out of the "plateau". Don't ignore what your body is telling you. I have the metabolism of a 17 year cicada (during the underground phase of its life cycle), so I felt that calorie reduction was in order. You've all done so well thus far....Keep reaching for that brass ring! (but don't fall off the horse!)

:carrot: HAPPY FRIDAY!!! :carrot: (Hopefully, more sleep this weekend!)

HelloNurse
06-14-2013, 10:34 AM
After hovering right around 230 for almost a week of staying perfectly on plan, I woke up this morning at 228. Yippy skippy!

That I kept staying on plan is my NSV for the week. I wasn't seeing the scale move, but I did it anyway.

I haven't weight less than 230 in a couple of years; so for every pound after this, even if I stall for a while again, I can still tell myself that I am the lightest I have been in years.

Lizzyg
06-14-2013, 10:59 AM
222.2!!! :carrot: :carrot::D

Yay!! I'm going to get out of these 220s soon!!!

PreciousMissy
06-14-2013, 11:06 AM
nitrus, thanks for the words of encouragement! You're right, I do need to remember that in order to get out of this thread I have to lose 21lb, and that's no small feat in itself.

seemyfeet, 224.5...wow, just wow. Your determination is showing!!!!

hellonurse, staying on plan is the entire battle, isn't it? You should be extremely proud of yourself!!!

lizzyg, you just got here! You haven't even unpacked and you're on your way out? You go girl!

220 today! I was certain I'd wake up and be 224, or maybe (just maybe) 222, but not 220! I really buckled down yesterday and it paid off. Now, I just have to keep the scale from going back up.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Lizzyg
06-14-2013, 11:57 AM
PreciousMissy - Oh I know - but I've been stuck in the 220s and 230s for a long, long time. Like a year? But it's because I'll get back on track and then stop.

Look at you! Almost gone! 220!

SeeMyFeet
06-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Woooo Hoooooo!!!!!! :carrot:

We're ROCKIN' this thread, Ladies!!!!! :carrot:

SeeMyFeet
06-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Happy Saturday All!!!

Well.....no loss today, but no gain. Whew! I'm taking a break from the extremely low calories and moving to low calories with some healthy carbs. No meat, except maybe eggs or shrimp. Worried about another stall, or (gasp!) gaining it all back. (How many calories are in worries?) We'll go out for a family dinner tonight...hope I can find something tasty but low cal.

Staying busy today. Have house guests next weekend again. Still battling shrubbery and carpenter ants--but I found their nest, so I can send them packing now.

So who is moving out of this thread this weekend? Some of you are sooooo close! That train's a comin'! That train's a comin'!

Lizzyg
06-15-2013, 01:36 PM
I was basically the same or even a little higher this am. But I had pizza last night and I feel bloated. I was hoping to move out this weekend but I think it'll be next weekend :)

SuperHeroTeacher
06-15-2013, 01:46 PM
I was hoping to move out of here this weekend, but the TOM bloat showed up early so I guess I'm hanging out in the 222.x's range for awhile longer...

SeeMyFeet
06-15-2013, 04:41 PM
ooooooooo!!!! Lizzyg and Superheroteacher!!!! soooooo close!!!

Well, I'm happy to be keeping my 22_, so Toto and I are packing up for the next thread. Hoping to see familiar faces WHEN I get there !

...sweating like an oldie in the 90 degree humidity...back to pulling weeds and planting......

Brandibooxoxo
06-16-2013, 01:09 AM
Well i'm back on track again, hopefully I won't be in here too long. No offense to anyone I just really want to be back in those two-teens ;)

SeeMyFeet
06-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Happy Sunday All !

Stayed busy and on track yesterday....until dinnertime. I picked out the restaurant--Italian. Did I order a salad? Nooooo. I did order sauteed vegetables, but they came with pasta. Did I avoid the pasta? :no: . And to top it off, I had some liquid donuts with hubs around midnight and snacked on leftovers. At midnight. Very Bad penguin! :devil: I don't even know how many calories for the day, but I would guess 1900.

But a Father's Day MIRACLE occurred, and NO GAIN!!

Three days in a row with no change in wt--no bouncy bouncy this week. A first for me !?!?!?!?!

Hello Brandiboo. I won't help you feel too comfortable ;) . None of us are sitting down in this thread!

Brandibooxoxo
06-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Seemyfeet Thanks! I'm hoping I won't get to comfortable here.

First day back on plan has been so good thus far! I haven't had a soda all day(something I'm hoping to cut back or eliminate completely) I ate "breakfast" at 1 so I hope that this can continue to be a great day back on plan!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-16-2013, 04:59 PM
221.8 today... Slow and steady wins the race... :turtle:

Lizzyg
06-16-2013, 06:39 PM
I ate way too much yesterday but am doing better today :) Love that I gained 3 lbs over night! ;) :rofl:

But my goal is to leave this thread by my birthday - June 28th!

purplekitten7
06-17-2013, 05:25 AM
Just checking in for a quickie...

Urgh, weekend completely off plan - I ate a burger, pringles and chocolate, I drank cider and whisky, and then I had a full roast dinner and muffins....blargh. My stomach totally hates me today - I feel sooo lethargic...but somehow managed to creep down that last quarter of a lb and today weighed in at 232

I'm gonna take the gift and get my butt in gear to EARN the next loss!

Hope everyone had a good weekend

PreciousMissy
06-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Good morning all!

220 this morning! It held out for the weekend, what a relief! Hopefully I can keep the scale moving in a downward fashion and hit the 2-teens soon.

I had a NSV this weekend! By the end of last summer I had a pair of shorts I could no longer fit into. This weekend we did a lot of yard work and I wanted to get some color on my legs, but all my other shorts were dirty. There they were, staring me down in the closet, the shorts that didn't fit! I thought "what the heck, if they don't fit, then I'll get an idea of how far off I am." They freaking fit! I couldn't believe it! They weren't even snug, they fit properly. I ran around the house for 5 minutes yelling "they fit, they fit!!!"

nitrus29
06-17-2013, 11:44 AM
no losses for me this week. After yo-yoing up to 232, am back at 228! Hopefully this week I manage to go downhill !!

Brandibooxoxo
06-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Well I weighed in after being on plan yesterday and I'm at 230 yay! Lets keep this going!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-17-2013, 02:00 PM
I had a NSV this weekend! By the end of last summer I had a pair of shorts I could no longer fit into. This weekend we did a lot of yard work and I wanted to get some color on my legs, but all my other shorts were dirty. There they were, staring me down in the closet, the shorts that didn't fit! I thought "what the heck, if they don't fit, then I'll get an idea of how far off I am." They freaking fit! I couldn't believe it! They weren't even snug, they fit properly. I ran around the house for 5 minutes yelling "they fit, they fit!!!"

I love it when this happens! :D

Lizzyg
06-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Good morning all!

220 this morning! It held out for the weekend, what a relief! Hopefully I can keep the scale moving in a downward fashion and hit the 2-teens soon.

Awesome!!! Congrats! :)

I actually gained 4 lbs over night, Saturday. And I've lost 2 already. So that's good. I had a low sodium day yesterday and I think that helped.

PreciousMissy
06-17-2013, 04:48 PM
superheroteacher, I can't wait to do some more closet shopping!

Thanks lizzyg! What is it about being on the edge of a thread. It's almost as if our bodies are protesting because they don't want to leave!

SeeMyFeet
06-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Congrats on all the losses!!

I did quite a bit of yard work this weekend. Sweating, stretching, pulling up lots of long-rooted weeds. 1225 healthy calories on Sunday. ...rewarded with a 1lb gain today.

Ugh.....just Ugh!!!

HelloNurse
06-17-2013, 08:08 PM
SeeMyFeet A sudden, significant water weight gain usually preceeds an overnight WHOOSH for me. The larger the water gain, the bigger and more satisfying the whoosh, it seems.

I have been both low carb and low calorie for a couple of months now, which limits almost all the party foods and restaurants for me. I spent the weekend with my parents and my brother's family and decided that for just this one weekend, I would not limit anything. So I didn't. I did my best to stay in frequent movement, which is easy to do with a 9-year-old boy and a 2-year-old girl that loves to wrestle.

Here I am today, with a tummyache. On Friday morning I weighed an even 228 lbs. Today, 228.6. I guess I could have actually eaten enough to gain a half pound in 3 days. Totally worth it, for the fun I had with my brother and my niece and nephew.

I'm starting over today and while I won't say that I'll never eat those yummy foods again, I will be more mindful in the future of what I have to do to minimize the effects of doing so.

Brandibooxoxo
06-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Well, my weight went down from 231.8 to 230.4 :) I'm going through my closet and getting rid of old clothes and donate them. So I have room for new ones as I go down in size.

HelloNurse
06-17-2013, 11:32 PM
I love getting rid of old clothes that don't fit. It makes even gradual progress seem a bit more tangible.

I put on an old favorite sun dress today, and had to throw on a tank top under it because the straps kept falling and I was having wardrobe malfunctions. Boyfriend came home and the first thing he said to me was that it was so big it looked bad and I need to get rid of it. :smug: I admit, I kept it on only because I wanted him to see how big it had gotten.

HelloNurse
06-17-2013, 11:34 PM
Lizzyg Those sort of overnight gains almost always come right before a whoosh for me. I'll be looking for you to post tomorrow that you're 5 pounds lighter than you were the day before that gain and made it into the 2-teens.

cincorn
06-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Seemyfeet , you and I are dieting twins. I gained a lb. this week too. 228.6 yesterday morning (my OFFICIAL weigh in day) and actually, 229.0 this morning...so up almost 2 lbs. from last week. The ONLY explanation is a baked potato with butter, cheese and sour cream (I ate 1/2) for supper on saturday night and 2 glasses of beer. We were at a wedding and that was the meal---baked potato and salad. Man, is that really a "cheat"?

HelloNurse, I hope your right. I'm sooooooo tired of dieting hard for weeks to be rewarded with a lb. or 2 and then gaining them over night for really nothing.:?:

merilung
06-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Well, I'm still bouncing up and down through the 230's. I'm not totally off plan, but I'm slacking off enough most of the time that I'm not at all surprised that I'm not losing anything. This is the place I usually give up and quit - I think I get very frustrated around the 40 or 50 pound mark (40 this time) that I haven't lost any sizes and don't look much different. My husband and I have planned a Whole30 for July which will shake things up a bit and give me a break, in a way, from what I've been doing, so hopefully that will help - but I really need to get my mind back in the game so I don't waste the rest of June!

PreciousMissy
06-18-2013, 11:16 AM
seemyfeet, I have no doubt that pound will be gone in no time!

hellonurse, I have a couple of favorite clothing items that I was worried about losing as I shrink. Then I realized that I would be losing them because I'm shrinking!! Great feeling isn't it? ;)

merilung, good job for being self aware. Last time I gave up at a 10% loss. I've decided this time 10% isn't good enough and I need to keep going. I'm a pro at losing weight, keeping it off is where I falter.

220 this morning! Looks like it just might stick around this time instead of going up!

I'm making individual chicken pot pies for dinner tonight. I've never made them before, but I can't imagine they would be too hard. I figured since I'm making them, rather than buying them, I can control how many and what types of veggies are in them. Plus I can also customize them for myself and my boyfriend since they're individual. I'm pretty excited to make them!

HelloNurse
06-18-2013, 01:28 PM
I love making pot pies! They are a great "dump" meal to use up leftovers because you can just throw whatever you have on hand into them.

I do low carb, so now when I make them I only put on a bottom crust to hold it all together, and on the top I throw on an ounce of shredded cheese. Once it's done cooking, I turn on the broiler to make the cheese all burnt and crusty and delicious. I may or may not eat the burned cheese by itself before I dig into the pie. Even with that modification, the bottom crust is carby enough, especially once you add veggies, that pot pies are a rare and wonderful treat for me now.

nitrus29
06-18-2013, 01:45 PM
hang in there chickies!!! I thought the 240s were sticky but the 220s are worse. Somehow I sailed through the 230s..
why am I stuck???:?: :(

on a +ve note (and I might just call it a NSV) last night I was talking to my bf on the phone and I was missing him a bit (we work in different cities and end up meeting on weekends only) so while sorting through his clothes I found his vest and I told him I wish I could sleep in it. He told me to try it on and I was scared it wouldn't fit and that I would stretch it out cause I am bigger than him (he is all skinny and fat-free :p) and well he insisted I try it on and guess what!! It fit !! It didn't stretch and I didn't feel suffocated at all. It was pretty airy and a great fit !! I think it was the fabric but still who cares!! I fit into my bf's vest!! :p :carrot:

This morning, the scale didn't show much difference though (I really don't know what's going on there :?:) but yay for little non scale victories!! Makes me want to stay On Plan !!! :D

Brandibooxoxo
06-18-2013, 01:53 PM
I love getting rid of old clothes that don't fit. It makes even gradual progress seem a bit more tangible.

I put on an old favorite sun dress today, and had to throw on a tank top under it because the straps kept falling and I was having wardrobe malfunctions. Boyfriend came home and the first thing he said to me was that it was so big it looked bad and I need to get rid of it. :smug: I admit, I kept it on only because I wanted him to see how big it had gotten.

Dont you just love it when clothes just fall off of you!

Well, My day was pretty good I stuck to plan (mostly) I had a diet dr. pepper last night although I'm trying to quit soda all together but one soda is better that 4-5 a day and I did eat my points yesterday without going over:carrot: Plus I weighed in at 229.4 so i'm back out of the 230's :) so now its time to get out of the 220's for good ;)

Lizzyg
06-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Lizzyg Those sort of overnight gains almost always come right before a whoosh for me. I'll be looking for you to post tomorrow that you're 5 pounds lighter than you were the day before that gain and made it into the 2-teens.

Had I not ate what I did yesterday, that may have happened! Hopefully this weekend! I plan on going running tonight to sweat out all that extra sodium I've been consuming lately!

PreciousMissy
06-18-2013, 07:47 PM
I love making pot pies! They are a great "dump" meal to use up leftovers because you can just throw whatever you have on hand into them.

I do low carb, so now when I make them I only put on a bottom crust to hold it all together, and on the top I throw on an ounce of shredded cheese. Once it's done cooking, I turn on the broiler to make the cheese all burnt and crusty and delicious. I may or may not eat the burned cheese by itself before I dig into the pie. Even with that modification, the bottom crust is carby enough, especially once you add veggies, that pot pies are a rare and wonderful treat for me now.

I like the idea of the cheese on top! I'm only doing the crust on top for my pie, but I might consider doing cheese next time.

SeeMyFeet
06-18-2013, 09:26 PM
ooooooo HelloNurse....why oh why can't you be right? ;)

That ugly pound has a sister and half-sister, and they're all partying on top of my scale today. (This better be one big whoooosh!) I've been at 1200 cals for two days. Teach me to splurge!

....wish I had clothes falling off.....oh well.....keeping the neighbors happy...

SuperHeroTeacher
06-19-2013, 02:50 AM
Ugh! It seems the 220s aren't ready to release their hold on me yet. Back up to 223.4 today :mad:

SeeMyFeet
06-19-2013, 10:38 AM
SuperHeroTeacher ! How kind of you to wait while the rest of us try to catch up! ;)

Major stress/panic these days. Too much going on. Too much to get done at work. Weekend guests coming. Family get-together weekend (really don't want to go--too much driving). And leaving town next week. I need new clothes for the trip and don't know when I will have time to shop.

Excuses Excuses. Too many calories yesterday: 1800. Not bad food, just too many calories. But a Christmas miracle occurred today, and the scale is back down to ticker weight. Bouncy Bouncy

PreciousMissy
06-19-2013, 11:11 AM
superheroteacher, that sounds a lot like what I was going through. I got a glimpse of 220 and then bounced around 222-224 for what felt like forever. Hopefully you don't have to spend as much time there as I did!

seemyfeet, I'm glad you were able to up your calories and, despite a couple of up days, get your weight back to your ticker!

220 today! I can taste the 2-teens!

TMI warning/question

My breasts have been super tender the last couple of days. There's no way I'm pregnant. It's not time for TOM, I shouldn't feel the symptoms for another week or two. I've read many times on the forum that fat loss releases estrogen and I'm wondering if this could be the cause of the tenderness. Has anyone else experienced this?

Daimere
06-19-2013, 12:00 PM
I am still under 230 as of my last check but I hiked up my big girl panties and got back on plan today. So I will hopefully start losing

Brandibooxoxo
06-19-2013, 01:34 PM
I am still under 230 as of my last check but I hiked up my big girl panties and got back on plan today. So I will hopefully start losing

You can do it! I'm in the same boat personally I think the hardest part is the first month because I get cravings and its hard to just have one serving then as your adjusting your body. But so far so good I stepped in the scale this morning and it was 227 :) so hopefully this is a good sign :)

SuperHeroTeacher
06-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks guys! I'm back down to 220.4 today! WOO-HOO!!! I love the whoosh fairy!

nitrus29
06-19-2013, 07:46 PM
SuperHeroTeach - pretty please send the whoosh fairy my way :^:

PreciousMissy
06-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Morning all!

220 again today. I'm past the "220 :dancer:" part and on to "220 :tantrum:". I have to remember, this is what my body does. It either gets to a weight and sits there for a while, or it bounces between two numbers...there's not a consistent downward movement, but there is eventually a movement.

Last night there was a strange woman in my house. She sauteed up some mushrooms, onions, and bell pepper for dinner instead of fixing a frozen pizza...after that she asked my boyfriend if he wanted to go for a walk. She looked exactly like me, but these aren't things I normally do. I was so proud of her! I hope she sticks around! ;)

Lizzyg
06-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Ack! I'm going to be out of the 220s soon but because I'm headed in the wrong direction!! I have not had a good week at all and am back up in the 225s. ugh!

Today's goal: drink a sh*t ton of water ;) because I know most of this is bloating from the high sodium food I've been eating.

nitrus29
06-21-2013, 10:36 AM
it's official - I have hit a plateau !!!! toooo soon ? ? :(:?::(:?: I've been at this weight for over two weeks now.. not a pound gained, not a pound lost !! :mad::censored:

..either that or my scale is broken cos it's not moving.. up or down!!! This guy at the gym said that I need to switch it up now.:dizzy:

Any suggestions???

I think I will go get myself a bike and ride to the gym... :bike2:
ORRR
maybe I need to start swimming again?? :swim:

Argh.. what do I do chickies?? Help me get out of this thread puhleeeeeeze or at least help me get to my next mini goal of 222 !! WAAAH.... :(

Brandibooxoxo
06-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Well I ate within my points the past 2 days I think I may have ate too much salt as I'm up 2 lbs

HelloNurse
06-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Well. Still stuck at 228. Been here for a week, and I'm really not that pleased about it. Time to evaluate and see where it's time to tweak a little more. I think it's time to add more exercise; I will start taking a 20 minute walk in the mornings before work, in addition to the longer walks I take during my lunch break.

dewittmba
06-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Mind if a newbie joins the party?
I have been stuck going back and forth between 228 and 230 for what seems like FOREVER!! I have started today with a new plan. South Beach and exercise as much as possible. Husband out of town this weekend, so on my own with three little ones. We'll see what activities I can squeeze in before weigh-in on Sunday.

SuperHeroTeacher
06-21-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm so sorry nitrus! A stall is one of my worst fears on this journey! I know it's probably inevitable at some point since I had 100+ pounds to lose.

While I'm not quite moving out of this thread yet, I did unofficially hit 219.8 this morning after a 14-hour fast for blood work and an intense workout. :D. I'll be angling out here for at least another week though as my official medifast weigh in was 221.6 (darn heavy clothes and extra blood!)

Lizzyg
06-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Better today!! Everything is "green" for the day (green = good on the calorie site I log on).

Healthy salad for lunch and another healthy salad for dinner. And I discovered that drinking water with chia seeds is like the best thing ever and now I need to find more! :)

Lizzyg
06-22-2013, 12:14 PM
So my ticker is on the move, in the right direction this time!

221.2!!! :carrot:

How is everyone doing today?

dewittmba
06-23-2013, 12:17 PM
230.5 this morning. Hopefully, this next week goes better.

nitrus29
06-23-2013, 01:54 PM
guess who paid me a visit?? the whoooooosh fairy!!!!! :yay: woke up to 225 this morning!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
This brings me back to square one when it comes to figuring out my body's weight loss pattern! I don't have one apparently..:dizzy: but who cares as long as the numbers keep reducing !!! :D :D
and SuperHeroTeacher - woah look at you go!!!! :carrot: I can't wait to catch upto you so wait for meeeeee (well not really, I hope you keep losing!) but still !!!! :D

purplekitten7
06-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Hey chickies,

I've been gloriously off plan for the whole week because I apparently have no will power :( the only up side of this is that I'm only hovering a lb above my ticker weight so when I finally get off my big behind and do the right thing I'm hoping it'll all start working again!

Hope you are all doing better than me, will check in with some personals when
I've stopped feeling so guilty about my lack of participation! x

Lizzyg
06-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Yay for the woosh!!

Don't feel bad, Purplekitten - I didnt have a great day yesterday and am not having a good day today either. :hug:

SuperHeroTeacher
06-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Yay for the whoosh nitrus! I'm down to 219.0 this morning!

Lizzyg
06-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Yay for the whoosh nitrus! I'm down to 219.0 this morning!

:carrot::carrot:

SeeMyFeet
06-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Hey..you kids! Keep it down out there! I can't sleep for all that Whooshing!

Even though I've been super busy with all kinds of running around, the scale has been creeping up. Alllll the way up to 228 today. We've had 2 rounds of house guests and I haven't had enough good exercise. Eating has been good, but I haven't paid attention to calories. Hope to walk most of it off before my trip. I'm so exhausted, I cannot even think how I'm going to get ready for it. Hey! I forgot my coffee today! Wow...I AM WAY off schedule! Ha

Driving all day for a family thing, but managed to get some clothes shopping done on the way back. Was hoping to put off buying new clothes until I lost a lot more, but with this trip coming, I just couldn't. Purchased some new shape-shifters, so hopefully that will make me feel better. I am dreading so much being around work folk for a few days. That dressing room mirror doesn't hide much, and there's no denying I'm fat. sigh. I should just wear white T-shirts with a big target on the back.

Was just feeling a bit giddy that this is the last (scheduled) stressor for me for the entire year, but I just remembered another work-related event that I should attend in Sept. Something I should go to and would actually enjoy....if I were not fat. Yes, ladies, I'm a big fat coward. My weight (and the looks and comments from others) is keeping me from enjoying life.

cincorn
06-24-2013, 09:38 AM
:welcome: Dewittmba and good morning to all you fine ladies! :sunny:

I'm at 227.8 this morning. I have just bounced between 227 and 229 for weeks! I am working out harder now at the gym and down to 800-1000 calories a day. I'm tired of this game and I'm not going to play it anymore! :mad:

Where oh where is that whoosh fairy!!! :club:

PreciousMissy
06-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Good morning all! I can finally log in and post again. I'm not sure what happened Friday, but I was getting errors :shrug:.

224 today. I'm not at all surprised. I ate horribly yesterday, and it was all (extremely) high in sodium. Oh well, that was yesterday, today is a new day! I brought proper portions of food, and healthier choices.

Keep up the good work everyone, you're all doing awesome!

dewittmba
06-24-2013, 12:05 PM
228.9 this morning!

I had a scared straight moment yesterday and am back on the wagon (seat-belted, duck-taped, and super-glued down). I have a history of blood clots and was having pain in my left calf. I finally couldn't take the uncertainty anymore and headed to the ER to get it checked. Thankfully, everything was OK but I know that two of the risk factors for the condition are being overweight and being inactive. So, carb-cycling and daily activity are what I am prescribing myself.

Shyleia
06-24-2013, 05:28 PM
hello all. I'm new to this thread. Just weighed in at 232.6 today from 242.8 At the rate I lost it, I'm assuming it was mostly water weight. Either way I'm. Happy with the results!

Lizzyg
06-24-2013, 08:50 PM
ooops. 2 high sodium days = 228 this morning :o but I stepped on the scale this afternoon and I was down to 227 so I've lost some of the bloat.

zoesmom
06-24-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm still here...not really moving. Good ol' plateaus! :lol: They seem to stick to me every 20 pounds!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-24-2013, 10:16 PM
220.6 today. Way too much sodium yesterday. I may try an Ian dinner tonight to get rid of the excess water :D

purplekitten7
06-25-2013, 05:33 AM
Good Morning Chickies!

I am back on plan this week! I had healthy food yesterday and wen back to the gym. NSV - I lowered my speed on the treadmill slightly and managed to run twice as far without having to stop to walk! I can now run 2k in just over 16 minutes! I'm pretty proud of that!

And I'm looking forward to doing a 5k charity race on Sunday - wish me luck! I'm aiming to finish it in under 40 minutes!

Hope you all have a happy Tuesday x

PreciousMissy
06-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Good luck on the 5k purplekitten!

Good morning all! 221 today. These 220's are really kicking my butt! They seem to like to stick around. I can't wait until I see 219!

I did try something new last night. I like to marinate zucchini slices in Girard's light champagne salad dressing and grill them. Last night I was out of zucchini so I tried it with bell peppers...man oh man was it yummy! I think I've found a new favorite!

cincorn
06-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Finally broke though my plateau! 226.6 this morning. :goodscale I had to go down to under 900 calories and work my butt off at the gym to do it but I was SO tired of playing with those same couple of pounds! I don't know how long I can do the 900 calories or less.but for now I'm all in. 1000-1200 was just leaving me in plateau nightmare for weeks! I'll probably cheat on July 4th weekend when we go camping....not with food but with my Michelob Ultra.

Purplekitten that is awesome progress. Keep it up! I am progressing at the gym too though not as good as you girl! I'm doing 30 min/1.53 miles on treadmill and then I do some weights.:tread:

Superheroteacher and PreciousMissy, you are SOOOO close to moving down from this thread. Keep a spot warm for me in the teen's!!!:wave:

cincorn
06-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Hang in there Zoesmom! Plateau's are the bane of us all aren't they? But, WOW you have lost 55 lb.s That's both impressive and inspiring!:bravo:

zoesmom
06-25-2013, 11:58 AM
cincorn - aw shucks :thanks:

My plateau actually doesn't bother me this time like it did last time. I've adjusted my mindset and realize a plateau is no more than my metabolism "taking a nap" to rest from a "busy day". It needs to recharge to be effective, just like we need to recharge every day to be worth a flip the next. Plus, despite my stall out, I have lost 5 inches overall so far this month, so I will take it!

purplekitten7
06-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh no, TOM has struck and I'm up 3lbs...seriously? THREE whole lbs?! Urgh.

Sometimes I really hate my body :(

PreciousMissy
06-25-2013, 12:36 PM
I've adjusted my mindset and realize a plateau is no more than my metabolism "taking a nap" to rest from a "busy day". It needs to recharge to be effective, just like we need to recharge every day to be worth a flip the next.

That's a great way to look at it. I think mine had been "napping" for a month now. Anyone have an airhorn so I can wake this sucker up?? :devil:

Shyleia
06-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Woot! I reached my first mini goal this morning. 230.4! a total of 12.4 lbs gone

PreciousMissy
06-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Ladies, ladies, ladies! (it's a lot funnier if you've seen Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back more than 20 times and can "hear" Jay's voice :lol:)

How is everyone this afternoon? 221 this morning. I'm thinking I might be in this thread for a while longer so I might throw up some curtains, maybe some new paint on the walls. You know, spruce the place up *sigh*.

I'll get out of this thread, in a downward fashion. Oh yes I will!

Shyleia
06-26-2013, 08:20 PM
LOL I can totally hear Jay say that.

Just finished dinner. WHY does spaghetti and meatballs have to be so good? And so full of calories?? I made it with egg noodles, so it's a LITTLE bit healthier. Not so full of starch. Anyway, looks like it water for me tonight. Still under my calorie intake for the day. GO ME!

purplekitten7
06-27-2013, 05:17 AM
Morning Chickies,

I've had to up my calories this week - I am just so fricking hungry during TOM! I tried keeping what I was eating the same and ended up very nearly binging on absolute rubbish so I'm concentrating on just maintaining where I am and I'm hoping for those 3lb of water weight to be taken care of by the whoosh fairy!

I went to the gym again last night, warmed up walking on the treadmill for 5 mins and then started running...got to 1k and thought, maybe I can manage 2k again...got to 2k and thought, maybe I can just about make it to 2.5k....and after 30 minutes of continuous running I did in fact manage to run 3.75k without stopping :o What the ****?! How did I manage that?! Having a night off tonight, then back for a repeat performance tomorrow hopefully! I'm really excited about my 5k on Sunday - maybe I CAN actually run most of it?!

Sorry to all of you who are stuck, I feel your pain! And well done to all of you who got moving again!

zoesmom
06-27-2013, 09:05 AM
I MOVED I MOVED I MOVED :dance: :dance: :dance: 236.1

PreciousMissy
06-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing wonderfully! Staying within/under calories, running, and scale movement...whoo-hoo!!!!!

220 today. Not much to report today. Just trying to make good choices everyday :).

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

cincorn
06-27-2013, 04:41 PM
I am STOKED! 225.6 this morning. :goodscale The scales are moving for me, FINALLY! that's 2 lb.s in 2 days! WOW! I am taking a product called Plexus Slim (started sunday) and eating no more than 900 calories. I was stalled at 1200 calories and GAINED weight at 1400!!! Stupid old lady metabolism!:(

Also, I KICKED BUTT at the gym this morning. :tread: I cried most of yesterday and this morning and then decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and go to the gym. I did 1.83 miles/35 minutes. A new record for me!

I was crying because yesterday was my 10 year old. grandson's birthday and I am not allowed to call him or contact him because of estrangment with my daughter....sigh...when his daddy get's him next week I'll get to see him and give him his present (hopefully). Thank God for our x-son-in-law! It makes me so sad to think that my adored grandchildren may think that I don't love them because I don't see them as much as I used to.

PreciousMissy
06-27-2013, 04:45 PM
cinicorn :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thank goodness for his father allowing you to see him. What a blessing he is!!

purplekitten7
06-27-2013, 06:32 PM
I am so sorry cincorn, that must be so difficult for you!
But you go girl! Well done on the scale move AND at the gym! Nothing is gonna stop you now!
Do you all remember Mr Potter? Well he has just signed up to my gym and will be going with me after work tomorrow! Wish me luck! Eek!
Can't go back any futher because I'm on my daft phone but everyone else I still love you I promise! :)

Frances123
06-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Weigh in this morning and the scale finally crawled to 238.8, .2 pounds down in 2 weeks. I've tried eating above my BMR and I've tried eating AT my BMR...this week I'm going to try eating 200 calories below to see if I can get that scale to move!

PreciousMissy
06-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Welcome Frances123!

220 today. I honestly thought it would be up today because I had a waffle for dinner last night. I think I've really changed the way I think about food. In the past, if I were craving waffles, I would have eaten three of them, but I didn't. I had one to satisfy my craving. What I was really looking forward to was the egg white omelet that I made with onion, mushroom, roasted red pepper, and a wedge of Laughing Cow Lite Mozzarella. Let me tell you, it was scrumptious!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

cincorn
06-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the thread Frances!:welcome2:
Purplekitten - oh, that's interesting about going to the gym with Mr. Potter...you will have to let us know how that works out...will you be self-conscious? I think I would be. I look AWFUL when I'm working out and I sweat like a pig!:ebike:
PreciousMissy - I'm beginning to think you don't want to leave us on this thread!!! ;)
I'm going out for dinner with my husband tonight for our anniversary. Tomorrow we will be married 29 years. I AM having a margarita! We are going to our favorite tex-mex place. I'll have to practice self-control tonight!:cofdate:

zoesmom
06-29-2013, 10:43 AM
:dance: OH YEAH! My plateau has broken! HELLO 234.2! :D Nice to see ya...hope you get on out the door and never come back now! :lol:

Lizzyg
06-29-2013, 11:43 AM
:carrot: Zoesmom!

I am back up to 225 :dz::fr::rollpin: But yesterday was my birthday and I had stuff I don't usually eat/drink or at least try to have on a limited basis. But back on track today. :)

nitrus29
06-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Happy Belated Lizzyg :balloons: Yeah you're allowed to go off plan on your birthday!! Hope you had an awesome day!!

I've stopped weighing myself daily cause I keep going up and down a few lbs.. hovering around 225 still. Monday will be official weigh-in day. No gym today, swept and mopped the apartment and that was a good workout in itself :P

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!!

Lizzyg
06-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Thank you! I did have a nice day and was totally off plan on Friday. But then that continued into yesterday too :/ ugh. But both my husband and I are getting back on track today.

purplekitten7
06-30-2013, 01:27 PM
I did my 5k! And I'm still alive which is always a plus! I raised about £135 and finished in 50 minutes (although some of that was spent waiting for the crowds to work their way through the starting line so I'm claiming 45 minutes!) I jogged the first 3k, and then walked/jogged short intervals for 1k and finished the last kilometer jogging! Go me! I feel really good and am looking for my next one now!

The gym with Mr P was actually ok, I was sweaty and disgusting but I didn't actually mind too much! It's going to be a regular thing from now on so that's some extra encouragement to go to the gym and not just be lazy ;)

Here is me around the 4k mark

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1010235_10151443537737035_1795708691_n.jpg

Lizzyg
06-30-2013, 03:30 PM
:carrot: Yay Purplekitten!! What a great picture!

purplekitten7
06-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks lizzyg! I like it as an action shot! Despite me looking pretty awful!

cincorn
07-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Awesome accomplishment Purplekitten! And, you look amazing...happy, smiling! You go girl, so proud of you! :bravo:

Anniversary weekend complete with mexican food and margarita cost me a little...today's weight 226.4. :mad:

On wednesday we go camping for 4 days so I've got to get my psyche set for staying strong, because the next weekend is my girl weekend with my cousins and we are going to the beach.:beach:

zoesmom
07-01-2013, 10:17 AM
AWESOME PURPLE!!!! I need to just need to do it. I want to do a 5K so bad but fear holds me back, despite the fact I can run all of it. :( You rock!

purplekitten7
07-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks cincorn - I actually enjoyed it so much! Picture is thanks to Mr P who sneakily hid out at the 4k marker to get some pictures and give me some encouragement!

and zoesmom - you really should do it! I didn't manage to run it all but I enjoyed it so much! It was my first "outside" run...basically ever, but I had such a blast I signed up for a Colour Run in September and aim to run it non stop! I really think I've got the running bug!

PreciousMissy - We should kick your butt out of this thread, you've been so close to the two teens for so long! But I think I'd miss you too much! I have a feeling though, this week is your week...and I'm gonna have to race to follow you!

nitrus29 - I wish I could stop weighing myself! It's becoming a little obsessive, at least twice a day! The upside at the moment is that I'm not actually too worried about what the scale is saying, trying to focus more on fitness but when I actually can see my weight staring up at me in lbs - I find it easier to talk myself out of that cookie/cake/ice cream/crisps etc - I think it's because I can see how much further I have to go and it doesn't seem worth it.

The good news is...I can still walk today! Ankles and knees are a little stiff but other than that I appear to be in full working order! Hooray!

Also I've changed my laptop background picture to the one I posted and it makes me smile every time I see it - a picture of myself I LIKE to look at...I think thats a MAJOR NSV for me! Haha!

PreciousMissy
07-01-2013, 04:12 PM
lizzyg, happy belated birthday!

cincorn, as much as I enjoy everyone's company, I really do want to leave. purplekitten just threatened to toss me out on my rump!

purplekitten, what an inspiration you are!!!!! BTW, you look adorable in your picture!

Well, you're not going to believe this. 226 this morning :dz:. I'm not buying it. My scale was moved around last night (it's an extremely old digital scale) and said that my 17lb dog weighed 30lb. So, I don't know if the calibrations are off, or if it just needs a new battery. I have a new battery for it now and will weigh when I get home. Who knows, maybe that's why I've been stuck at 220 :lol:.

Is chopping off a pinky toe in order to weigh 219 considered a little extreme?

purplekitten7
07-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Oh preciousmissy, you know I meant it with love right? I'm excited to hear what your proper weigh in will be...bet you've managed to skip through the two teens all together at this rate!

Thanks girls, you've all be so supportive!

PreciousMissy
07-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Oh preciousmissy, you know I meant it with love right? I'm excited to hear what your proper weigh in will be...bet you've managed to skip through the two teens all together at this rate!

Of course I know! Besides, I could really use one of these --> :kickbutt:

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you're right...that I blew through the 2-teens and didn't even realize it, haha!

SeeMyFeet
07-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Helloooooooo Ladies!

Back from my "whirlwind tour". I am completely spent, with sore knees and blistered feet. Bursts of excessive walking followed by long periods of sitting down--not good for the legs!--and very long days. My only "plan" while away was to watch the portions, and I ended up with too many carbs. I had hotel English muffin and coffee for breakfast, dinner out in nice restaurants, with half the dinner as take out for lunch the next day. I was afraid to step on the scale when I returned....but....yesterday I still had my 22_ (barely)....229.5! And, of course, my scale is pouting like an abandoned pet and paid me back with 230.5 this am. Good grief! Valdemort's back!

You guys have been busy! Cute photo purplekitten! And what a sweetie-pie of Mr P to take a secret photo for you! (On the other hand, could he be a stalker?? ;))

OK ladies, I've got to be honest...I am so ashamed of my appearance. This work trip was on the miserable side, and it should have been fun.....meeting people, discussing common interests, getting away from the usual grind.... Instead, I was a wallflower, and I probably came across as grumpy or unfriendly. I'm a bit shy anyway, but now I'm positively useless in social situations--I dread speaking with the Judgementals and ThoseWhoLookYouUp&Down. Having little decent clothing doesn't help. Well anyway.....pity party over....it's my own **** fault......and There IS a Cure!.....just have to be strong enough to take the medicine every day!

:kickbutt:s for ALL of us! C'MON LADIES!!!! LET'S GET OUTTA HERE!!!!

PreciousMissy
07-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Seemyfeet, for eating every meal out I think you did pretty good! I'm sure once you get back into your routine it will melt away! I know how you feel about the clothing situation. Why go out and spend good money on clothes you won't wear for long, right? Well I say poo-poo to that! I'm not saying spend $5k on a whole new wardrobe, but one or two nice outfits that can interchange are completely worth what it does to the spirits! This weekend I bought a cute pair of orange sandals and I'm wearing them today. I keep looking at my feet and it makes me smile (yes, they're that cute, lol).

Well, it wasn't the battery. 226 today. At first I was upset about it, how in the world did I gain 6lb over night????? Then I remembered that this last weekend we ate out a lot. I still watched my portions knowing that the food was laden with creams and carbs, but I know I didn't eat 3k calories for each pound I gained.

Plus TOM has decided to pay a visit.

So, today I will continue on with my plan, just as I did yesterday, and my body will do what it needs to do, when it needs to do it.

purplekitten7
07-03-2013, 05:31 AM
PreciousMissy - you've got a good attitude! Unfortunately our bodies seem to do their own thing sometimes no matter what we do!

SeeMyFeet - Welcome back! We missed you! Well done for clinging onto the 22_'s! I'm pretty sure he's not a stalker...I hope :p well, he wasn't hiding in the bushes or anything! haha!

I went to the gym last night and managed 5k on the treadmill - but boy do I hurt! Thats the first time I've done two 5k's with only one rest day in between, so I took it easy and walked 0.5k then ran 1k and then repeated that pattern until I was done. My knees and ankles are a little bit stiff today! But I feel pretty good that I did it, especially since at the start I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to do it! I'm gonna aim to do 5k every other day, and eventually build up how much of it I'm running!

Have a happy Wednesday everyone!

cincorn
07-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Good morning ladies! Just a quick note to say I am losing again! 224.6 this morning. Getting ready to go camping for 4 days. Wish me luck (in staying focused on eating right and staying on track)

SeeMyFeet
07-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Mornin' luvies!

Ugh. Why oh why did DH buy those sundried tomato and basil wheat thins and why on earth did I eat that crap? at 1am ??!?!?!?! Plus all that other stuff last night. Ugh Ugh Ugh. DH is in the doghouse. Big Time. Rule #1: clean up after meals and don't leave leftovers on the table. After only 2 small salads and cereal, those shrimp and crabcakes were pretty tasty. Again...why? (stoopid me :( )

Major life stress event today. I'll get through it, but I don't know when I will get back to some kind of plan.

But good news. Even after all that self-sabotage, I'm down to 226 ! :dizzy: Chasing my ticker/tracker.

PreciousMissy
07-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks purplekitten!

cincorn, have fun camping!

seemyfeet, don't beat yourself up too bad...I just ate a bowl of frozen custard. My co-worker bought it for me as a thank you. I didn't have to eat it, but I did. Thankfully I had just eaten lunch so I managed to stop at half!

224 today. I'm a couple pounds down from yesterday, so yay me!

Lizzyg
07-04-2013, 11:37 AM
220.6!! :carrot:

I agree with PM - that sometimes it helps to buy a few outfits. I had to buy a new outfit at the begining of the summer because nothing really fit from last year. I felt better in it and now the capris are getting to big! :)

SeeMyFeet
07-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Glorious extra sleep today! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the breeze is cool. And I'm having coffee with my forum friends. What a fabulous day!

Brass tacks: Up to 228.5 today. Ugh. Yesterday was stressful and off schedule, but I did OK. (Except that DH brought me a (bad) fast food chicken sandwich and soda in the hospital. What is WRONG with him? And WHY did I eat it???)

Sigh. It's time to take out the hedge clippers and cut away some fat again. :club: So today through the weekend: no processed carbs and no more than 800/1000 cals. I plan on purchasing a watermelon today! I hope I can find a sweet one that is not too ripe. In my younger/thinner days, I would eat watermelon for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Love love love. Eventually I grew a bit tired of it and the drippy mess. But I have a hankerin' for it now.

I'm going to have another gander at purplekitten's photo. There she is! Smiling and running. Getting out there and living life with no excuses. Even better: those gray-haired ladies in the background--with the hats. Love them! I want to be like them when I grow up!

Oh, about the clothing, I did try to find something new to wear for my trip. I found only one nice pair of slacks and blouse. And some new shapeshifters. No matter what my size, I am a difficult fit, so I prefer to purchase in a store so I can try things on. Who decides "fashion" for large ladies anyway?? Sleveless? really? Sleeves that cut your arm at the fattest point? really? And most of us are not shaped like a washing machine.

Have a super duper day--especially everyone who has the day off. I plan to think a lot about how it will feel when I am finally free of this fat burden.

purplekitten7
07-04-2013, 02:19 PM
SeeMyFeet - aww, your comment made me smile! Was having a bit of a weak moment an eye-ing up a delicious looking muffin while working late but instead hopped on here, I feel too guilty to eat a muffin when you're looking at my photo as inspiration so I will instead pop to the fridge for my slices of pineapple and melon which I cleverly hid in there for these such moments!

Goddess Jessica
07-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Closing this thread due to length. Check out the new thread here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/284397-getting-out-220s-230s-2013-a.html