Medifast - Mac n'Cheese - Yuck!

View Full Version : Mac n'Cheese - Yuck!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-03-2013, 01:58 AM
So I just mustered up the nerve to try the MF Mac n'Cheese. The best thing I can say about it is I didn't vomit. But I didn't finish it either. The texture is disgusting! Way too much "cheese" and not enough "Mac" - although I'm not sure more Mac would've helped - the texture is unlike any pasta I've ever had. Ick.

Has anyone been able to prepare this in a way that the texture doesn't make you want to gag?

Andi24
06-03-2013, 10:13 AM
I prepare it differently. I put it in a thermos with boiling water (same amount as directions) stir very well and let it sit in he heat for 5-10 minutes (or 2-3 hours if I'm bringing it to work) then pour it back into a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. I either add a laughing cow cheese (makes ALL the difference) and salt and pepper...or I add 2oz lean turkey, or tuna. you can also mix it with the chili to make a chili mac and split in half for two meals. Sometimes I mix the turkey with the chili and mac (got that from chubbychef!)

Also, make sure you let it sit for a few minutes to thicken!

I hated it at first too. It took a lot for me to try it again, but now I love it! I very rarely eat it without doctoring it up with at least laughing cow, though.

Merida
06-03-2013, 11:30 PM
I don't use the full amount of water when I prepare it - more like 1/3 c instead of 1/2 c

melaniv
06-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Good idea about adding the Laughing Cow. It's not my fave either but I'm also not a fan of soup type meals in general. I prefer the chili to Mac n Cheese but since I have a stash I'll try adding the LC. Thanks!