Weight Watchers - June Chat!

View Full Version : June Chat!

smashlers
06-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Good June 1st to you all! I know many of the usual suspects were struggling a bit in the month of May... Lets make June the best everrrr!

A little brag... Today I ran my fastest mile. Like, ever. Timing in mile two at 9 minutes and 50 seconds! WTF! I am so proud of myself. I also joined a 100 day fitness challenge over on the challenge board. What a great start. :carrot:

How is everyone?

SoMuchFattitude
06-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Smashlers - OMG! 9:50 PACE?!?! Running?! You have killed me! I suck at running. I run a 12:00 minute mile no matter what I do or how far I go. :lol: I'm still working on it.

June will be the month I see Onederland. It IS happening. 203.2 this morning at WW. Very VERY happy!

robotfingers
06-01-2013, 10:41 PM
I've never posted in one of these chat threads before, so hi.
Congrats to you, Smashlers! And you will totally get to Onederland this month, SoMuchFattitude. :)

TerrapinMode
06-02-2013, 12:17 AM
<---- I'm another one of those 12-minute-milers so I am super impressed at 9:50!!!

I am definitely in for pushing for a great June! I am going to a convention this coming weekend that's being held at the Disneyland Hotel... it's going to be rough to stay on program but I'm going to try really hard.

movielover
06-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Smashlers and SMF---you BOTH are super fast!!!! My goal is a 12 minute mile...I swear I feel like I am flying and then I am not! I did 2.5 on Thursday at a 12:06, so I am getting faster for sure!

My goal this week is to eat almost all of my point and see what happens, I better lose!

forkeeps
06-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Wow smashlers, you are fast! Count me in the 12 minute mile club. Actually I have never broke 12 minutes and usually do 13-14 minutes. But last weekend I did 3 miles in 38 minutes, first time I ever broke 40 minutes! This morning's run? Not so much. I got in late last night (girls poker night) so my run started late this morning, and this time of year it's too hot for me to run after 8am.

Down 4.2 pounds this week. I am liking the fact that there are five weigh in dates this month for me. :)

Did anyone else attend the Live Life Active celebration at their WW location yesterday? I went and brought my son. It was fun.

Teresa66
06-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Happy June everyone! I for one will be out of the 240's, no matter what it takes. I mean seriously could I lose weight any slower!!!:dunno:

I have had a terrible cold all week and I haven't even glanced at my elliptical. I will get back to it in the next few days. I really admire you that run. I can't imagine me running. :dizzy:

amandie
06-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi all, I thought I'd join the chat thread!!

I am definitely not a runner (yet!) so I have no idea what my times would be. :)I have been doing horribly bouncing up between 164 to 168. June WILL be the month I see the 150s!

Wishing you all ladies the best of luck for June!!!

movielover
06-02-2013, 12:34 PM
so my run started late this morning, and this time of year it's too hot for me to run after 8am.

This was me this morning, it was wicked hot and I did 3.25 in a 12:17 pace, was shooting for 12!

tehshort1
06-02-2013, 12:42 PM
<--- this chicka does not run. My knees just can't seem to handle it. The couple of times I've tried I end up popping aleve like candy. :( I do about a 15 minute mile fast walk.

This month I've decided to give JM 30 Day Shred a try. I did Level 1 Day 1 yesterday and I am STILL super sore. Gonna push through it when I get off from work and do Day 2.

This month I WILL make it to Overweight BMI and FINALLY get out of Obese BMI. *maniacal villian laughter* 157....I will annihilate you! *waves spiffy new exercise sneakers like a weapon* Bwahaha!

amandie
06-02-2013, 12:45 PM
This month I've decided to give JM 30 Day Shred a try. I did Level 1 Day 1 yesterday and I am STILL super sore. Gonna push through it when I get off from work and do Day 2.

I absolutely love the 30 Day Shred (well, more the results rather than the workout itself, LOL!) You can do it!!!! I need to get back to the 30DS ASAP!

tehshort1
06-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks Amandie! Somethings gotta break me through this! I've noticed as I get down I'm losing slower and having a harder time. It's time to kick it up a notch!

PUPMOM5
06-02-2013, 02:59 PM
As someone stuck on W4D1 of C25K, I am also insanely impressed with your running time, smashlers!

smashlers
06-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Thanks everyone!! I am not totally sure I believe these times. I went out again this morning and the first mile I did I clocked 9:35. My second mile was a more appropriate 11:25.. Do you trust your GPS times? I use Runkeeper on my phone and I really love the data it gives me... But at weighing in at 249, and running a 10 minute mile just doesn't seem right. Or maybe I am a speed demon and had no idea :)

On WW food tracking, this week my goal is to stay totally in line and eat clean and track it all. Just because I am exercising I don't think I can run around eating chips and burgers. I want to be in an out of the 240s in the month of June!

Jilu
06-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Hey guys. Sorry I was out for a while. I haven't weighed in a while (2-3 weeks, I'm not sure). What happened is my grandmother (who was 93) ended up with pneumonia and then went on hospice. I, along with two aunts, provided in house care for her in between work. She passed Memorial Day with services on Thursday.

It was hard. And I sort of threw out the tracker and threw in ice cream and the piles of "thinking of you" food that's been pouring into my aunt's house the past couple weeks. This weekend was the first time I've slept in my own bed in weeks.

But, all in all, she was 93. She held on and was more lucid than she's been in months until all of my aunts and uncles and a large number of cousins came to say goodbye.

So, I'll step on the scale tomorrow. I don't know what to expect. I'm ready to pull myself back together.

On an incredibly lighter note, I am massively impressed with anyone running especially with good times. I have always hated it even when I was a skinny(er) athletic person.

Jilu
06-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Well. I weighed this morning and I'm up 2.8 lbs since last time I weighed.

I go back to my OBGYN in August to discuss getting pregnant and I would really like to be under 270. That's 11 and change from where I am now, and I think that can happen in 10 weeks if I out in some effort and watch my weekends.

I'm at the point now where I'm having a debate between my age and my weight on when to get pregnant.

forkeeps
06-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Welcome back Jilu. So sorry to hear about your grandmother. :hug: You didn't do too bad if your gain was only 2.8. I gained almost that during one normal week a couple weeks ago. Now that you're back on track you'll be dropping those pounds like hot potatoes. :)

smashlers
06-04-2013, 06:47 PM
All this exercise is making me a bottomless pit, but I haven't gone over all week. I haven't seen much movement on the scale yet... I have until Friday to see some action.

robotfingers
06-04-2013, 07:04 PM
So I got a Planet Fitness membership and went to the gym on Sunday - today I'm still super sore, but I'm going back tomorrow night. I started c25k and made it through the first day, hooray! aaaand then today I ate a donut for breakfast, tracked it, and then ate nothing but junk the rest of the day and didn't track at all. :(

smashlers
06-07-2013, 11:52 AM
TOM does it again!! I didn't lose, and I didn't gain this week. Maintaining is so bitter sweet.

Teresa66
06-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Good morning!

I started vacation today!!!:carrot: I have 8 glorious days where I don't have to think about selling one stick of furniture and making my monthly quota. We are staying home with day trips planned. I know that I will be eating out a lot this week, but I have also tried to balance it with really healthy, low points meals at home. I'm back on the elliptical as well so maybe that will help me not gain a ton. :)

smashlers
06-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Have fun Teresa!

chickadeee55
06-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi All, I always read the posts, very rarely post or comment.

I went off WW's and I am back at my old issues, stress eating. How do I get back on the program, I know it worked - but I got discouraged with the meetings, too much of seeing everyonce suceeding and no discussions about the people struggling.

Stress eating is killing me. And once I start it just keeps going.

Teresa66
06-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Chickadeee, you just have to decide to commit to the plan and not let your stress and emotions dictate your life. Easier said than done, I know!! As for only hearing about the successes at your meetings you really need to look at those people as inspiration. Also, do you talk about your struggles at your meetings? I know that at my meetings it is very common that most people simply don't want to talk about themselves. Our leader is really good at pulling people into the discussion but it's not always easy. Since I'm a natural big mouth I often feel compelled to talk and once I start sharing it's funny how the quiet ones will at least start nodding their heads in agreement. You know that it's a lot easier to talk about how great you are doing than to share the stuggles. But that is what the meetings are for. It's also what we here at 2FC are for.:hug:

OtterMommy
06-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Hello all! I haven't been able to check in here for a week or so--my life was just a bit crazy there. I'm still trying to adjust to my daughter not having pre-school!

9.50 pace? I'm impressed! When I was running, my pace was only slightly faster than my walking pace!

Speaking of which, I'm doing a little personal challenge--I'm doing a 30 minute walk every day in June. So far so good and I'm loving it. Of course, this is on top of my usual exercise--I'm still doing Body Pump twice a week, Zumba every now and then and, today, I made it back to Aqua Zumba for the first time in a long time.

I hope all is going well you all!

-Melinda

myfavisblue
06-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi guys! Lost another pound on my last weigh in. All I see is a downward trend and I am happy about it. Give it 0.2 or 5 lb loss I will happily take it. Loss is a loss.
I have been good. Staying away from my favorite food in the whole wide world ~~junk food especially chips!~~. And also I am enjoying my activelink from WW. Now it can track my activity points accurately not like before I would just assume I did a high intensity workout and it gave me like 13 AP. And I only track my workout as AP. Did not know that even brushing your teeth is counted as AP. I am done with my assesment thingie and yesterday was my first AP from my activelink. The whole day yesterday I got 7AP! Not bad! Well being so busy at work and running here and there (I work in a hospital/lab dept). With the new computer system right now it its kinda hectic at work. Mind and body at that. So far happy with purchasing active link.

chikadeee55 Dont worry we are here for you. Just get back in being motivated and dont stress about it. We all go through loosing and gaining weight but just hang in there. Always remember there is always a "tomorrrow" or a "new day". You can do it!

movielover
06-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Chickadeee- -At the meetings, I would bring up your concerns/issues, my guess is others either have had in the past, or currently have some of the same concerns! Best to you!

I lost another 1.6, which is way better then the .2 gain the previous week and I have been eating more than ever! We will see this week, less working out for me and more cookie eating!

Off for a run, best to everyone!

tehshort1
06-09-2013, 01:24 PM
*rant warning*
Started the week a bit badly....I used all of my WP in 2 day eating my comfort foods. Work has me super stressed and I am feeling very trapped and hopeless in my job. Guests randomly get surveys about their experience and give scores of 1-10. Anything below 8 is failing and my company bases bonuses, budget and everything off of these darned scores. My GM is now making me jump through all of these hoops to get the scores up because we are at 76% and must be above 85%. In 3 weeks there is no way to get these scores up that high and I feel like my job is on the line if we don't. And the part that really sucks is the compaints are housekeeping or maintenance (I'm the Front Desk Manager and my Front of House staff are awesome and get good scores). How am I supposed to fix something that is not my responsibility? I have no motivation at the moment and just want to eat and sleep and cry. :(

Okay, *end rant* Thank you for listening. Other than that I am trying my best to stay the course and just keep plodding along.

smashlers
06-09-2013, 02:43 PM
tehshort1 :hug: Jobs are tough!! I hate that we all carry the stress of our jobs home with us. It sounds like you are doing all you can with what you have and that is great. I guess I would just suggest to think about it as a test. Emotional eating is the HARDEST thing for me, too. Instead, convince yourself to do something else. Take a walk, get out of the house. But if food is the only answer, try and make it not the complete worst choice.

It's weird how handling emotional eating and challenges can show up as a sort of NSV. Like, for me last week it was "My co-worker is driving me insane and makes me hate my job on a daily basis. I wanted to go home and eat a box of crackers and a brick of cheese, but had a salad instead!"" YAYYYY. LOL.

But seriously. Take it easy on yourself!

tehshort1
06-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Thank you Smashlers :hug: I needed that.

OtterMommy
06-09-2013, 05:09 PM
tehshort1 - Holy stress batman! Good for you for just plodding along--sometimes that's all you can do. And feel free to rant here! Ranting does relieve stress, you know!

-Melinda

Jilu
06-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Well in the past week, I'm down 1.8!

I've also made it through my last wedding weekend until August. Very excited about that. I've gone to 6 weddings in the past 3 months, all at least 6 hours away. It was getting expensive both money and points wise.

It also has killed my glorious summer outside time. Next weekend, nothing is coming between my and my kayak. Unless its a torrential downpour.

forkeeps
06-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Ugh, this tablet is so frustrating sometimes! I wanted to respond to several of your posts but am too frustrated now about losing everything I just typed, so I will get on the computer tomorrow. In the meantime, I needed to post my weigh in results (I'm kind of superstitious about it now since I always post after w/i). Down 1.6 pounds, which is exactly my weekly average and puts me at exactly 30 pounds down.

Have a good evening!

OtterMommy
06-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Cindy - Great job on the loss! I get you about the tablets...they are great for a lot of things, but others...eh. My husband got me a case with a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad for Mother's Day, which does make things easier.

Jilu--Wow...that is a lot of weddings! But, you made it through the bulk of them....good for you!

-Melinda

Dixiemom
06-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Lifetime!!!!!

So I made it. Lost 40lbs in 4 mths and have maintainted for the last 6wks and made lifetime. Super excited that I did it. Now I have to make sure it is not a free for all n the food department otherwise I will be right back where I started.

amandie
06-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Congrats, Dixiemom!!!!! That is just awesome! Happy for you! :carrot:

PUPMOM5
06-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Yay, Dixiemom!!!!

smashlers
06-11-2013, 07:02 PM
YAY!!!! That rocks DixieMom!!! Great job!

Jilu That sounds glorious!

I ran on my lunch hour. It is becoming quite the routine for me. I hate getting up early, and I am not too good at really busting a sweat in the evening... But mid-day seems to work just right. Sure, I come back slightly sweaty... ok pretty damn sweaty, but I get it in! Today I ran 2.4 miles and it was very good.

I am right in the middle of finishing a paper that I have been meaning to do for months so... I am tired both mentally and physically. Trying to make great choices this week. . . I have been on the same 10 lbs for 2 months. Its really making me annoyed.

OtterMommy
06-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Woohoo! Congrats Dixiemom!

-Melinda

movielover
06-12-2013, 07:33 PM
WOO HOO!!!!! I lost another 1.4! I went and did a little shopping, I said 20 lbs, but I couldn't help myself! It was fab!!!!!!

myfavisblue
06-13-2013, 01:22 AM
:bravo::hat::cheer3::congrat:yay!!! Congrats dixiemom! Awesome!!! You're an inspiration.

Teresa66
06-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Dixiemom that is awesome!! Congrats for making Lifetime!:carrot:

Yayyy for you Movielover! What did you buy? :D

Well, I have two days of vacation left but my overeating ended last night with pizza and a beer. Today, it is back to hardcore tracking and processing the junk out of my body. I didn't even bother to weigh-in this week so I have to work hard to show some kind of loss.

I have had a great time. Except for the semi truck that decided, without blinkers, to come into my lane and force me to jump the curb or risk losing our lives. Very scary but we and my tough little Honda Fit are fine. This happened within a mile of my home, after we had spent three days driving in crazy Atlanta traffic and the North Georgia mountains. :dizzy:

SweetyKins
06-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Hi Ladies - Do you mind if one more joins the discussion? I haven't posted in 3FC for a long long time. I'm still a WW member, it's the only trust, tried and true diet for me. I had a recent success of getting down to my lowest weight in years a few weeks ago. Not sure what happened but for the last two weeks I've been stress eating again and back up almost 5 pounds. I sure wish I could stop this roller coaster ride!

smashlers
06-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Sweetykins Good for you for early prevention! Lol. I sometimes day dream, or day nightmare, about losing a bunch of weight and then suddenly its two years later and I am exactly where I started. I read a lot about people who lose a bunch and then celebrate their goal for 6 months to a year, and it scares me!!! I need to make an extended extended goal in maintenance.

Either way, welcome!!

smashlers
06-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Working on a paper that I have been putting off for WAY too long this weekend. I weighed in on Friday and only lost .6 of a lb. SO ANNOYING. So I got home and did the typical after weigh dinner of pizza. The pizza was filled with MSG or something because it put me in a pizza coma. I woke up and ate a yogurt and some cereal and some candy... and pretty much anything else I could fit in my mouth... Because...well I can't get it to come off, maybe I can mess around and get some to come on, right?! Yeah, I am insane. ANYWAYS. I woke up this morning and the scale said I was down a whole pound. Its good! Maybe that little binge I had last night nudged somethng in the right direction. Maybe I wasn't eating enough? Who knows. I am not going to count the weight for anything, and I will stop late night binging, but it felt good to see a shift in the right direction FINALLY.

myfavisblue
06-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Good morning ladies!
Down another pound today! Its been 3 weeks now with that trend. I want to see like maybe a 2-3 lbs lost per week but it ok. This is the first time I have seen in 8 months that I am loosing every week. Good thing for me right? Because I have been in a plateau for 8 months. If I was good then and kept tracking regulary and not binge eating I might now have reached my goal. Oh well. I have learned from it and now changed my habits and been seeing good results (slow results).

Have a good weekend everyone!!

tehshort1
06-15-2013, 01:59 PM
On Thursday I weighed in and was finally down to 157.2 - Overweight BMI (no longer OBESE!) So I was silly and decided to celebrate by getting chinese for dinner and then my hubby treated me to oakwood smokehouse the next day for dinner. Last night the scale had gone up to 163! This morning it had gone down to 160. I have to be super good this week and hoepfully I can bring it back down! This is what I get for splurging! lol

Update: Two Day of earning 9 AP each day seems to have gotten me fairly back on track. We'll see at weigh in Thursday!

TerrapinMode
06-15-2013, 04:28 PM
I went on vacation last weekend and saw my scale jump from 160.4 to 162.6. Oy. Then I got the stomach flu. It was awful and terrible but two days post-flu I leveled back out to my pre-vacation weight of 160.4 (again, that was on my scale, not WW).

Jilu
06-15-2013, 07:12 PM
NSV!

My husband just walked into our office and laughed. I asked what was so funny. He said I usually had a chips and candy and soda surrounding me when I was entrenched in video games. To see me at the desk with a big bowl of salad and water was just disconcerting.

As a side note, I've recently had a massive cravings for mixing oil and vinegar salad dressings. And our first round of tomatoes are red right now and super delicious.

Jilu
06-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Holy bananas. I have stopped birth control (got the official go ahead to start trying!) and I'm having my first period without the influence in 15 years. 1) I forgot what my cramps were really like. 2) water weight every where. I woke up 5 lbs more than I weighed yesterday. 3) no massive food cravings.

TerrapinMode
06-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Holy bananas. I have stopped birth control (got the official go ahead to start trying!) and I'm having my first period without the influence in 15 years. 1) I forgot what my cramps were really like. 2) water weight every where. I woke up 5 lbs more than I weighed yesterday. 3) no massive food cravings.

Oy vay, that doesn't sound fun! But congrats!!

Jilu
06-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Thanks!

I feel like a baby for complaining, but wow this is ridiculous. The reason I started birth control as a teenager was to help with debilitating cramps (to the point where I couldn't even sit up) so I'm a little anxious that next time is going to be worse as more hormones leave my system (I'm about a month free right now).

TerrapinMode
06-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks!

I feel like a baby for complaining, but wow this is ridiculous. The reason I started birth control as a teenager was to help with debilitating cramps (to the point where I couldn't even sit up) so I'm a little anxious that next time is going to be worse as more hormones leave my system (I'm about a month free right now).

I can't say I really relate. I rarely had cramps growing up and only started experiencing them after having children. If I get some pain meds in me before it gets too bad then they are actually quite bearable. I really hope yours don't get too bad... that would be awful!

In other news, I ate like crap yesterday and felt like crap because of it. At least I tracked.

Jilu
06-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Things I have learned this weekend. 1) I have no upper body strength and 2) I have no upper body strength.

We went tubing this weekend and I just lacked all ability to hoist myself out of the water and onto the tube. To be fair, neither did most of the skinny people either. But it was a little frustrating to have to swim over to the boat, climb up the ladder and then hop on.

The second time I learned this was testing out some local yoga studios this weekend. Downward dog is still my mortal enemy. I just don't have the strength to support myself in that position very long. I do only slightly better with plank, but not really. Mostly it's just my wrists end up killing me.

Turtle11
06-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Hi ladies, hoping I can join the june chat a little late into the month. I joined WW in late May, and it has been awesome. I tried last summer counting calories and working out and I gained weight. I was so discouraged. I've been pretty surprised and excited with my results so far.

I tried a beginner yoga workout a few weeks ago that was basically breathing exercises and I was sore the next day! I am actually going to start JM 30DS today. I've been doing it off and on for the last month, but I want to get my act in gear and get to level 2.

Teresa66
06-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Hi everyone! Hi Turtle :)

Well, vacation is over and work has been crazy! I come here to admit my sins and the biggest is that for the last two weeks I have done NO tracking. Oh, I did tracking in my head, which probably explains my weight gain. You think???? ;) Anyway, back to tracking today and going to my meeting tonight to face the music.

I was talking with my office manager last night as to why we start out so focused and committed to weight loss only to quickly slip into our mindless eating and lack of control. Her thought was that we could kidnap Jillian Michaels and get stranded on a deserted island and then we would be skinny and sexy in no time. I told her we would last about 3 days and then we would kill Jillian and BBQ her. We get a little weird after a long day at work. :D

basketballmamma23
06-25-2013, 11:46 PM
Today was my 3rd day on the plan. I have been hungry alllll day. I did use some of my weekly allowance points, but I just couldn't seem to feel full. But, at least I did not do what I normally would have done, and that is binge. Speaking of binge eating. I have always seemed to binge when I have just awoke from a nap...any idea as to what that is???

SoMuchFattitude
06-26-2013, 07:13 AM
basketballmamma23 - you shouldnt be feeling hungry. What are you eating? Maybe we can help!

I'm alive - just exhausted! DH and I are all moved into our house and probably 85-90% unpacked. I'm going crazy with things not in order and DH is noticing my stress level sky rocket. I guess I'm a bit OCD when it comes to that sort of stuff. I just like everything in its place.

I'm up 4lbs this morning. I can accept this though. My eating was terrible for a solid week and I'm stressed. I keep rationalizing this with that you have 5lbs of wiggle room to maintain life time - which is my ultimate goal. So, my 4lbs isn't too bad. :D

Turtle11
06-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Well I did JM 30 day shred yesterday, so proud of the 20 min. workout... its the little things. She is a tough one, you probably wouldn't get much meat out of her at the BBQ!
5 lbs is definately acceptable wiggle room, could be water weight... or too much sodium or alcohol the day before :)

Turtle11
06-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Hey basketball mama, If I'm really hungry and can't eat any points, I either have a banana, or a salad with fresh lemon juice (sometimes 1/3 teaspoon olive oil) and salt and pepper or both. It normally pushes the hunger pains back a couple hours! GL :)

Jilu
06-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Woo! NSV!

A pair of pants that could be gotten on last year, but were really too tight to do things like sit actually went on my body, no problem and a roomy.

This is kind of amazing to me because it takes so long for me to see any kind of clothing difference. Especially as I wear scrubs to work and then yoga pants around the house. I really only put on real clothes once or twice a week.

I pulled them out of the closet because all my other shorts/capris were in the wash and it is too dang hot for jeans. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try.

I'm doing a little victory dance. Now if only I can get into my favorite pair of jeans that I've kept lurking in a drawer. 2 sizes down to go!

forkeeps
06-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Hey folks! I have been lurking and lurking, but not posting due to technical difficulties. But I am here in spirit, supporting all of you and finding inspiration from your posts. :)

Jilu: Your tubing adventure sounds fun! I hear you about the upper body strength. I have been running and walking a lot, but now it's time to focus on my arms as well. Last night I bought some weights from Walmart and plan on starting a new routine this week. Excited! And "Yay!" for the pants that fit you! I haven't dared try any smaller clothes yet. I am going to wait another 20 pounds to do that. Isn't it cool, like getting a whole new wardrobe, when you fit into your smaller clothes!

Turtle: How is 30DS going for you? I have it and tried it a few times, but realized exercise videos are not for me. I really wish that weren't the case, because they are so convenient and can be very effective. But I just can't get excited about them. I hope you are doing well and that Jillian is kicking your butt. :)

SoMuchFattitude: Glad to hear you got moved in! That is definitely an exhausting adventure for sure. Though it sure provides lots of physical activity, so even if the scale moved in the wrong direction, I'm sure you'll get right back on track this month.

Teresa: Yes, tracking is the key! I know about being motivated early on and losing it at times. I think it's probably important, while you are highly motivated, to recognize the cues that tell you your motivation is starting to wane, then do something before it gets too bad. Or recognize it's a cycle and tough it out. I learned that from the Success journal from WW. As for BBQing JM, I think she would be too tough. No thanks, I'd rather go vegan! lol