Simply Filling/Core - Chat Pages for June 1-15, 2013

View Full Version : Chat Pages for June 1-15, 2013

ontarget
06-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Can't believe June is here. This year is flying by fast.

I posted this on the old thread but thought I'd move it here:

Vickie, I'm doing WW etools on my laptop so I'm mobile around the house. I need an Ipad or Iphone, though. Maybe someday soon. Your idea of fixing the basement for a shelter sounds good to me.

Do ya'll think there are more tornadoes now than there used to be or do you think meteorologists are just more able to detect them now? Just wondering.

Sloan and Rhonda, I'm glad your familes were safe. You had to be really worried.

Our weekend plans? Curtis had company this afternoon. My gf may come out tomorrow afternoon. Not much other than that.

I'm doing well OP. Surely hope I have a good loss Tuesday.

sloanie
06-01-2013, 06:23 PM
I posted on the other day, too!

Vickie, I tracked points for a couple of days then have done core/simply filling. I am trying to stay off the scale and wait for one week before weighing. All in all, I think I am doing pretty well. I have used a lot of my weekly points, though.

pam920
06-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Glad to hear everyone is safe. I have a couple cousins in OK and they are ok.

sloanie, we just now got a heavy downpour. The kind that comes down in sheets, with high winds. Then the thunder felt like it shook the house. I'm home alone, and hate storms when i'm by myself. Well, I have my dog, but she's no help. Thank goodness she is not afraid of the thunder and will even go out in the rain to pee.

Vickie, I give you credit for getting on the treadmill. I can not say the same for me. Hang in there, it will reward you in the end.

I have been so lazy about cooking. Today I opened a can of black beans, drained and rinsed. Added 5 tsp. balsamic vinegar, mandarin oranges, pineapple bits, cherry tomatoes, avocado and olive oil. This was my breakfast, lunch and dinner, :lol:

Sandra, i'm rooting for a good WI for you on Tuesday.

ontarget
06-01-2013, 10:31 PM
All the storms missed us today. We spent most of the day mowing. We have a riding mower thank goodness.

Pam, my first husband worked nights when Derik was a baby. I spent many an hour in a rocking chair in a walkin closet during storms. Scary!

Sloan and Vickie, I'm counting points. So far so good.

Sorry this is short. I typed another post that was longer but lost it. Ya'll have a good evening. I'll be back tomorrow.

Tejas
06-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Hi:

I had a busy day, and went to a birthday party tonight. Everyone was about 1/2 my age, but it's fun. Denton is amazing with it's interlocking circles....my friend knows my massage therapist, my great-niece's mother, and they know each other, and someone else knows them both, and so it goes....it's fun.

I made the wonderful Texas Sheet cake and ate only one piece and tried to be modest with other food too.

A few weeks ago, an 8 year old shot and killed his 5 year old sister, accidentally. It happens that they live right next door to the people who had the BD party tonight and my friend heard the shot and called 911. People are nuts---imagine--a suburban neighborhood with a loaded gun accessible to children. I just can't stand it.

We were expecting thunderstorms but they passed us by. No rain is expected for a week. I mowed the grass---it takes me an hour. At least it was cool outside.

ontarget
06-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you enjoyed the get together. We have been mowing, too. Curtis is going fishing tomorrow while I take the girls swimming at a friend's.

Texas Sheet Cake? Yummmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nancy237
06-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Having so much fun in the NC mountains with friends. They taught me to trout fish !! So fun. Also got to see son who was here shortly. Other son ended up coming to Raleigh while I was gone, and had a few friends over and kept the house in shape for some showings..One showing today was to someone who is considering it ..All while I am still in the mountains..Coming home tomorrow.

As usually I want to move to the mountains after being here a few days ..
The cabin beside us is for sale for just 1.4 million ;)

Tejas
06-02-2013, 11:26 PM
1.4 million? We could all chip in! :)

pam920
06-03-2013, 08:07 AM
good Monday morning chicks.

Rhonda, I read about a brother shooting his sister. I wonder if it's the same one? Parents need to be more responsible with their guns, for sure. One small piece of cake never hurt anyone.

Nancy good luck with your showing. Sounds like you've had a lot of traffic. I can pitch in a dollar towards your mountain home, :lol:

Monday is my official WI. I lost over 5 lbs last week. Must be because I was busy with that chair and didn't eat. I wasn't snacking either. DH is back home so I'm sure my eating habits will go back to normal. Almost done with the chair. Yesterday I made the cushion cover and it actually fit. I need to find a long needle to add the buttons for tufting. My daughter picked one up for me yesterday, hope it's the right one.

Have a super week.

Vickie
06-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Today was my weigh in day and I lost 5.4! Woo Hoo. Stuck to the program all week and exercised 5 times.

I'm a bit distracted. God keeps sending me these sick dogs. Brodie is off his feed yet again and after mapping out his bloodwork starting with his neutering it seems his platelets are low as well as his WBC. Trying to get some help and figure out what we need to do to help him. At least his numbers are not dangerously low and he loved his canned food this morning. It all has given me a stress migraine and an upset stomach.

Pam...5 pounds is HUGE for you since you are so near to your goal. For me it makes sense. I guess it's proof that fewer calories within a reasonable range and exercise (working on your chair) will pay off. Keep up the great work.

Nancy, glad you had fun. I can't chip in though. Brodie is draining my pocketbook.

Rhonda, Texas sheet cake sounds great to me. I have a cup of coffee hear that would go great with it.

Sandra, have fun swimming today. It was only 51 degrees here yesterday and I had to turn the heat back on. Grrrr....and...Brrrrr.

Talk to you all soon. Must walk on the treadmill today before I go for my hair cut and color.

ontarget
06-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Vickie, :hug: I'm so sorry about Brodie. I hope he gets better. Congratulations to you for staying OP during all this stress. It really paid off for you.

Pam, congratulations to you, too. You and Vickie have impressive losses. Inspires me.

Nancy, that would be something if your home sold while you're vacationing. That's a 2 fer!

I leave in about an hour. Have a good day, all.

ontarget
06-03-2013, 09:35 PM
I used a couple of WAP's today. WI is tomorrow. We had a wonderful time today. The girls said they liked going to our friend's better than going to Splash Station.

nancy237
06-03-2013, 10:00 PM
I gave in to the :jeno: temptation tonight :nono:

Tejas
06-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Wow, Vickie and Pam! 5 pounds!! I've been trying to eat law calorie all week, and staying off the scales.

Poor Brodie :(

I went to a visitation tonight for a black woman who died here...she was on city council before and was a real mover and shaker. What an event! Wow--lots of testifying, singing, music, testifying again...A lot of fun, really.

Vickie
06-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm here on my iPad. After I posted yesterday my desktop died. Sigh. Took it to the Apple store last night and they think the hardware is ok and are thinking it is a software issue so they kept it overnight for evaluation. I have Mountain Lion (the newest) on a 2007 computer so they said that would make it run really slowly. But, they don't know why it's crashing. So......we stay tuned and use our iPads. Thank goodness we have those. Only problem is that I can't print because I don't have a wireless printer.

Rhonda, in my experience black visitations are almost always a beautiful celebration.

Nancy, I needed to stress eat a bit so we had Chipotle. I managed to stay within my points so I was happy about having something yummy. I even weighed the chips on the scale because all I had room for was 1 ounce! You'll be back on program in no time.

Sandra, good luck with weigh in today! Quite a compliment from the Grands too. I think I would have wanted to go to Splash station.

Time to go. I must walk and then take Brodie to get his nails shortened and talk to his Vet about his platelet numbers.

pam920
06-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Morning chicks. It's a beautiful day.

Sandra, the grands probably like it less crowded. Great award coming from them and I have to agree. You are the best. Good luck today.

Rhonda, I've never been but my husband used to attend viewings when he was working. Sometimes they last a week or longer. I've just been trying to stop the continuous snacking.

Vickie, hope Brodie gets a good report. I'm really proud of you. You've been doing really well. 5 lbs is very impressive. You rock.

I made a quick light snack last night. Saw it on FB. Coconut water, banana, pineapple, vanilla and ginger. I made one serving in my mini chopper. You freeze the banana and pineapple so it's almost like an ice cream or sherbert.

I am at a standstill on my chair. None of my long needles will penetrate through the batting to attach my buttons. I will get one on my next trip into the bigger city. I'm making a small pillow in the meantime.

Nancy, how many pieces did you eat?

Tejas
06-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Pam, that snack sounds really good. Good luck with your sewing.

I gave up 7 vials of blood today for routine testing, and today I'm going to eat whatever and whenever!

The day here is strange. There is bad wether north of us, but we have cloudy skies that look like rain with no rain predicted....cool is nice though.

ontarget
06-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Rhonda, are your tests routine or did I miss something? We already could use more rain. Maybe we'll gt some later this week.

Pam, that snack sounds good. Could you post the recipe for us?

ontarget
06-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Vickie, I hope you get some good news about Brodie. Oh, the stress! I'm so sorry and am really really hoping for the best.

Nancy, pizza sounds good to me. I'm probably lucky they don't deliver out where we live. Or do they? Hmmmmmmmmm.......

Guess what happened today. Curtis is working with a 13 yo young man. His mother runs a donut shop. Need I say more. I only ate 1 and have journaled it. Don't know what this will do to my wi this evening. Sigh........

pam920
06-04-2013, 03:42 PM
http://barefeetinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2012/07/coconut-pineapple-smoothie-ice-cream.html .........recipe for smoothie/ice cream

i used to love donuts and we used to take turns bringing them in, when i worked. I can't remember the last time I had one. Maybe 15 yrs. I loved glazed donuts.

Sandra, you will be fine, you have counted the points. I was down a little more this morning, so I lost 6 lbs. Can't tell in my clothes but my stomach is not sticking out as far. It's still out there, just closer to home, lol

nancy237
06-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Catching up with things at the house, returned the UHaul after getting the dog house off ( with help) Had another showing today..

I haven't heard from the Sunday people, I think I will tell my realtor to not tell me about these "offer on the way" people. It gets my hopes up.
Just tell me when there really is an offer.

Vickie..did you get feedback at the Vet today ??

Pam..I ate 3 pieces, and not all that great today either..Time to get
back on track..

Vickie & Pam..way to go with the 5 lbs !!! That is great..

ontarget
06-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Pam, thank you. I am hanging in there. I just lost .2 this week but that's better than a gain. Thank you for the link.

Nancy, I agree with you on not having your realtor getting your hopes up. That has to be stressful.

Tejas
06-05-2013, 12:13 AM
just routine blood work..

went to 2 jazz shows tonight---off to bed!

ontarget
06-05-2013, 02:15 PM
That's good. Hope you had a good night's sleep.

I'm home from getting allergy shots and also from getting my hair trimmed. Just finished some watermelon. It was yummy!

Tejas
06-05-2013, 11:35 PM
I made a dinner of turkey, dressing and cranberry sauce today, just for the heck of it. It was very tasty.

So, tomorrow we start tap practice again, after a month off. I wonder how my foot will do?

We've been watching more sessions of Through the Wormhole, narrated by Morgan Freeman. If you don't know about this series, you must check into it...mind expanding and bending.

sloanie
06-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Rhonda, you and I are living parallel lives. I have just been to the doctor and had blood drawn (routine physical), and I have also just made turkey and dressing! Great minds think alike!

Nancy, good luck with your showings. Have you been able to enjoy your pool? Middle Tennessee weather has been crazy, so we have not been in ours, yet.

Sandra, your watermelon sounds good. DH was just saying that we need to start our summer watermelon marathon!

Pam, that smoothie sounds really good!

Vickie, I have lost only one pound, but I have been a little wishy-washy. How are you doing this week? How is Brodie?

Where is Maryann?

I have just had an epiphany. Sugar makes my blood pressure go up. You may already know that sugar can increase blood pressure, but I had never really seen this in action. DS had a birthday on Tuesday, and I ate an obscene amount of cake that had loads of buttercream icing. I made it, so I know exactly what went into the icing, 2 pounds of confectioner's sugar and one pound of butter. I had my physical on Wednesday, and my blood pressure was 144/87. My blood pressure is never that high. I know it stayed elevated because I checked it last night, too. This morning, it was back to normal. Just another reason to stay away from fattening food. Not only does it make you gain weight in the long run, it has an immediate effect on your blood pressure!!! :(

ontarget
06-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Turkey and dressing sound really really good. I had meatloaf today with the grands. We had a girls' day out shopping then lunch. Life is good.

Rhonda, I hope your foot holds up well.

Sloan, that's interesting about sugar and bp. Thank you for sharing.

I just finished watching all 4 seasons of "The Tudors." Now I'm wanting more!!!!

nancy237
06-06-2013, 05:35 PM
:turkey: Now I am craving turkey & dressing !! :turkey:

Tejas
06-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Well, if Sloan and I both think turkey and dressing is a good idea, it has to be!

Sugar makes blood pressure go up? I have never heard that--one more reason not to eat it.

I've had a really busy day and am so tired. My foot started cramping after tap practice, but it's not hurting now.

I've got to get the Tudors!

sloanie
06-07-2013, 12:59 AM
I have been doing some research, and I have read several articles published on reputable websites such as the National Institutes of Health and Mayo Clinic that link ingestion of fructose and sucrose to hypertension. I had never heard of it either, but after putting two and two together, I started researching, and that is what I found. I think one of the articles said that having a high salt/high sugar meal was worse than high salt alone. So.....no fat :tantrum: no salt :tantrum: no sugar :tantrum: What's a girl to do?

If you use core cornbread, you can make turkey and dressing that is core. I sautéed my onions and celery in water, and I used low sodium/low fat broth. All in all, I think my dish was pretty close to, if not 100%, core.

ontarget
06-07-2013, 11:18 AM
I miss The Tudors. I'm going to look for more shows. If nothing else, I'm going to watch "Elizabeth." I've already seen the sequel.

Sloan, Corenbread dressing sounds good. We'll probably have chicken/dressing at the local cafe this Sunday; well, I may have roast beef. That's good, too.

nancy237
06-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Cornbread dressing sound great..
I slipped a few pounds this week so I need to get back on track.
My plan is to stay low carb until I hit 140 and then maintain again for a few weeks.

It has rained about 3" here last night & today..I need to drive an hour away for a graduation tonight but I will spend the night with my cousin so I don't have to drive home tonight.

I have been working in the attic today, trying to label & purge..Somehow nothing much is getting tossed or sent to charity..sigh..I have to be in the right mood to get rid of stuff..apparently today is the wrong mood.

Sloan..I know what you mean..No fat,salt,sugar or gluten for me (if I am being good) What does that leave??

Ijustcant
06-07-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm soo tired!
I got to work out, but I just can't find the energy today.
I think its because this house is freezing...

Vickie
06-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Good Afternoon Chicks! Just posted a whole post and my computer crashed and when I rebooted it was gone. I will recreate, but first I have to get on the treadmill. I'll try to be back later today. I'm cooking tonight.

Sandra, I had Popchips and hummus for lunch.....6 points and I was in heaven. I can't find the salsa tortilla ones....just ranch. Didn't like the Amy's multi grain pitas I bought to try. Thank you SO much for your suggestions. I need to go back and see what else you recommended. Popsicles don't do it for me but I think there was something else too.

Be back later!

ontarget
06-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Vickie, Fritos Bean Dip is same points as hummus. It's prob not as healthy, though. I'm glad you're enjoying the goodies. I am, too. Ain't it great!

sloanie
06-07-2013, 07:28 PM
NSV today: I went to lunch with my mother and sister to a girly lunch place called "The Chocolate Covered Strawberry" today. I ordered exactly what I wanted and tracked it all online. I still have plenty points for this evening!

Vickie, sounds like you are doing well with your tracking. You go!!

Nancy, have fun at the graduation and enjoy your cousin! Be careful!!!

Sandra, the snacks sound good, but I am afraid that I couldn't stop right now. You are super woman!!!

Hey Rhonda, Pam, and Maryann!

ontarget
06-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Not super woman at all. I had 40 pts today. I haven't done that in awhile. I still have over 30 wap's left the rest of the week. I am afraid I can't lose eating this much.

Tejas
06-08-2013, 12:45 AM
I spent about 5 hours working in the garden today. I doubled the size of the new butterfly garden, put down top soil and mulch, and planted a redbud tree and a red yucca. I'll put in other plants during the week. I forgot that I promised to send a list of the plants I've put in. I'll get to it :)

I have a niece and a nephew here in Denton, and this weekend 2 more are coming to town, one with his 10 yo daughter. So, I'll be visiting with family a lot this week. I'm looking forward to it, of course.

ontarget
06-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Rhonda, enjoy your family visit. Your butterfly garden must be glorious. Your hard work is paying off.

I'm cooking a pot of beans/ham for Curtis. I'll make a pan of cornbread for him, too. My plan for me is to eat a WW TV dinner. I need to work on discipline today after yesterday's junkfeast. Life goes on.

Vickie
06-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Good Morning Chicks! It's a beautiful day here in Chicagoland. I haven't exercised yet but that is on my list with laundry.

Brodie and the computer actually got the same reports. We don't know what is wrong, we'll just have to wait and see. Ugh. I like answers best.

Sandra, maybe the high day low day will help you. I peeked at the scale and I'm up 1.6. There is no way and I know better than to be on the scale during the week. And, besides, it doesn't matter. I'm/we are working the program and sooner or later the body will let loose. I'm so fat, I have no choice but to just stay with it. I have a question for you about the pop chips. I can only find the ranch. I found the one ounce bags on Amazon....4 flavor variety or just a single flavor. I've tried the ranch and know they are ok. I know you liked the salsa. Have you tried the chili lime and the nacho cheese yet. I'm using them for lunches with the hummus because I don't like lunch. If I can't have a sandwich with cheese and mayo, then why bother?! We loved the Tudors too. Jim and I are watching West Wing again. We loved it when it came out and are loving it again the second time through. We got it from our library. We do this often when there is nothing on but reruns.

Thanks for the kudos, Pam. Congratulations to you too for losing even more. Hope Monday is at least some kind of a loss for me since that's what helps keep me going. Bummer on the chair. I know it must be killing you to not work on it. I'm so upset about Brodie but I've done all I can and now I just have to help him enjoy life.

Rhonda, hope your bloodwork results are great. I'll have to go again in August. I hope my diet change and exercise will improve my cholesterol. Thanks for talking about Turkey and Dressing. It made me eat my Marie Callender's turkey and dressing tonight. It was very good. I'll be making fresh turkey thighs in about a week. Should leave lots of leftovers for the week. Sorry your foot is acting up. Mine is a bit too but I have to keep exercising so I'm trying to baby it when I'm not walking. I hope to go get some new treadmill shoes next Tuesday. Your garden must be stunning. Can't wait to see pictures. Maybe you could post some on FB.

Sloan, I hope your bloodwork turns out great also! I didn't know about sugar and blood pressure. I like sugar a lot but can live without sweets. Now carbs are another thing! So no salt, no fat, no sugar. That leaves cardboard. Congratulations on your NSV at the restaurant. That's not easy to do. I'm not willing to give up restaurants so I have to find some way to make it work as well.

Nancy, the stress of selling a house is significant. I hope something works out soon.

We also went to see Star Trek on Wednesday. It was a terrific movie. I'm hoping to see Superman next week. I missed 42 and Safe Haven, but I see Safe Haven is already in Redbox. Do you all have Redbox?

Gotta run! Promised myself I would walk on the treadmill earlier today.

sloanie
06-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Hey chicks! I have had a fun day working on concrete projects for the yard with my sister. We made leaf shaped bird baths and concrete orbs for the flower garden. Hoping to get cucumbers planted this weekend and also spend some time in flowerbeds.

Vickie, hang in there and stay off that scale!! :nono:

Rhonda, I would love to see the butterfly garden!

Sandra, ham, beans and cornbread sounds good to me! Can't you count points for them?

Hey to the rest of you chickies :wave:

Have a great day, y'all!

Vickie
06-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Sloan, you and the other Chicks are all so creative. I'd love to see pictures of your garden too and all the beautiful concrete pieces. I feel like a slug compared to the talent the rest of you have. If we owned a business, I'd definitely be the HR and numbers/planner girl. All I'd want to make would be cement Scotties!

I don't want to say that I get anal when on program but.....tomorrow's grocery list is all ready for Jim to shop; my entire day of food is planned, and I've entered the recipes into recipe builder. Even makes ME roll my eyes at myself. I deserve another big loss on Monday, but not sure it's gonna happen.

Off to watch the Blackhawks. If we can win tonight we go to the Stanley Cup!!!!

ontarget
06-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Vickie, I haven't tried the nacho ones, but I am 99% positive I'd like them. Also, have you found the veggie straws? I've had the cinnamon apple and also the ranch flavored ones. You get 38 for 3 pts. You're right. We need to just stick with program. Today was easier for me. For some reason I still have 7 daily pts left today. Maybe I'm getting high/low days. :lol:

Sloan, I could have and have in the past eaten the beans/ham/cornbread. Today I wanted to just have a WW TV dinner. Am I sick or just crazy?

Go Blackhawks!

Sloan, your birdbaths sound very cute. Photos?

I'm off here now to play Sudoku. Well, I might watch Martin Luther on Netflix. Tomorrow my gf is coming out to visit and fling arrows. She's moving later this summer. I'm going to miss her.

nancy237
06-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Oh boy have I over eaten today !!!!

Need to focus !!

I enjoyed everyone's posts, more later !!!

Tejas
06-09-2013, 12:00 AM
family, family, family....:lol:

pam920
06-09-2013, 10:27 AM
morning chicks.

everyone is so busy. Me too.

Vickie, you sound so determined. I'm sure you will see a good number on the scale. I'm up a tad from last week too. With hubby back home, I seem to eat more. I wanted my Red Wings to go for the Stanley Cup, but I'll root for your team.

All these snacks. They sound so good. I think that is what got me into the shape I'm in, so I try to avoid them. I was addicted to Corn Poppers and have had to control myself. I get them at TJ Maxx, and yesterday, I refrained from going down the aisle they are in and even while in the register line, I saw some, but looked the other way. I'm so proud of myself. I can't stop at one serving, I eat the whole bag, which is 600 calories.

sloan, your garden sounds lovely. I remember seeing those bird baths a few years ago and never did try making one. Would love to see a pic.

ontarget
06-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Nancy :bday2you::bday2::gift::celebrate: I'm sorry I'm late here. I think after I sent you a :bday2you: greeting on Facebook, I thought I'd done it here, too. Oldtimer's setting in for me. But, hey, girl--you're still a young Chickie and don't have to worry about that. Glad you enjoyed your day and got to eat some goodies. That's important.

It rained this morning. Hallelujah! I just had a WW bfast sausage/egg/English muffin. I like them. Okay, so much for a quick advertisement. My friend is still coming out even though it rained. We're going to have fun this afternoon!

sloanie
06-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Happy Sunday, chicks! Just got done planting a raised bed of cucumber seeds. Tomorrow I will add sunflower seeds, nasturtium seeds, and some marigolds. I have never grown veggies from seed, so I am anxious to see how it goes. My eating has been good for the last few days, and I have also been tracking faithfully. Why can't we do that all the time?

Pam, my garden is a work in progress. In fact, it is just roses right now, but DH is planning to build a bed around them, and I am going to plant some perennials. I usually plant annuals in pots on my porch, but I'd rather have something come up year after year in my yard. I plan to use the birdbath on the trunk of a tree that we are going to cut down. I will get pics on here when I get that done.

Sandra, glad you got some rain. We have had more rainy days than sunny ones since school let out. I am ready to get the pool going, but the weather has not cooperated.

Rhonda, enjoy your family!

Vickie, you have my admiration for being the numbers girl. I am an idiot when it comes to numbers.

Nancy, :cheer::cheer: focus :cheer::cheer:

Enjoy your Sunday, chickies !

ontarget
06-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Sloan, good success with your garden.

nancy237
06-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Thanks Sandra..I was kidding about being 44 on facebook and some took me seriously..I wish !!!
It's been a fun few days as our family does Birth week celebrations !!
An excuse to eat for a week !!

My cousin's dog was hit & killed this morning and she is a wreck. Her dog was
like a family member..I am spending the night at her house tonight..

sloanie
06-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Nancy, so sad about your cousin's dog :(

ontarget
06-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Nancy, you're still younger than I am. I'd still switch. :lol: That's sad about your cousin's dog.

luv2clog
06-10-2013, 10:37 PM
I have joined WW and I am doing the points. But, I don't feel satisfied. I still feel hungry and I can't seem to make it past two days on the plan. Do any of you switch back and forth between the two plans? Any suggestions of daily menu plans for SF....

Tejas
06-10-2013, 11:06 PM
luv2clog---it would be safe to say that we do ANYTHING! that we think might work, and that includes switching!

So, sorry abou tht edog, Nancy...sad.

I"m just doing family stuff, and enjoying it mostly. They are not organized and it disturbs me too much. Guess I'm getting old an grumpy!

The doctor's office called and said my cholesterol, glucose and thyroid are abnormal...going tomorrow....must mean thyroid is now a problem..and that might explain why I have been so sluggish...

sloanie
06-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Sorry about your test news Rhonda, I got the results of my bone density test today, and I have osteopenia (precursor to osteoporosis) in my hips and spine :fr: Right now the doctor's recommendation is weight bearing exercise. I am doing some research on diet, and I have started a multivitamin. If your thyroid is low, that is usually an easy fix. Keep us posted!

luv2clog, I switch back and forth. The trick with simply filling is to eat only until you are satisfied and stop.

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Have a good night :goodvibes

luv2clog
06-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Thanks Ladies for the advice. I think I will try to eat the "Simply Filling" plan this week and see how that goes. All they talk about in the meetings is the Point System. Makes you wonder why you go......

pam920
06-11-2013, 10:41 AM
luv, I always did simply filling, and you are right, they promote the points.

sloan, I have potted flowers on our porch and we planted one rose bush. We haven't done any landscaping and I think we need to focus on that. Just seems like other things are more important.

Rhonda, hope things aren't too bad with your blood work.

I was getting dress on Sunday and did something to my back. I heard a pop and could not stand up or on my left foot. Ended up in the ER. Dr. said nothing was broke but I did something to my SI joint. I am still not able to walk and have been using a wheel chair to get from bed to toilet. I am on 800 mg ibuprofen for inflammation and vicodin for pain. I have no tolerance for pills but the vicodin is not working at all. Dr said no sitting, I can't walk and to lay on side not hurt. I need help getting in an upright position, etc. I have always had back problems, but this time is different. Dr. seems to think I separated the SI joint from my pelvis. Thank God my husband was here with me. If I had been alone, I would still be in the bathroom, leaning on the tub for support until someone found me. I was unable to move.

I was not able to do my WI on Monday.

nancy237
06-11-2013, 03:19 PM
chicks !!!!!
:grouphug:

More later

sloanie
06-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Pam, get your doc to write orders for physical therapy. There are tons of correction exercises for SI joint dysfunction, also, a chiropractor can do wonders. I had the same type of incident, and had to have DS come pick me up at school. He virtually carried me in to the chiropractor's office, and she had me walking with minimal pain by the end of the visit. I also suggest doing some research about SI joint dysfunction on the internet. There is a lot of info out there. Hope you feel better soon!

Setting up the pool today :carrot:

ontarget
06-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Pam, I am so sorry you're having so much pain. I hope you get relief soon.

Rhonda, I like what Sloan said about thyroid being an easy fix. I want you fixed, Cuz!

Luv, we are all doing different programs right now. Pick and choose and see what works best for you. Where in Texas are you? I'm southwest of Fort Worth and Rhonda is north of Fort Worth.

Had a great time at the pool today then went to WW. I'm down another 2.6. Life is good.

Tejas
06-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Pam! Ouch!!! :hug: I'm so glad you were not alone, and I do hope you get relief...soon!

I saw the doctor, and the cholesterol is at intermediate risk level, the glucose is up, but not scary, and the thyroid is kaput. They will do more testing about the thyroid, increase the cholesterol meds, and we'll go from there. The thyroid could be partly responsible for the increase in the cholesterol problem. I'm grateful that I can now understand why I have been so tired. I believe that my late sister and mother both had to take thyroid medications.

I started back on the elliptical and, of course, my foot swelled...hopefully ice will fix it.

I spent hours with my two great nieces--out to lunch, shopping, shakes at Sonic (I had diet limeade!)...no wonder I'm worn out :lol:

ontarget
06-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Rhonda, no wonder you're worn out. Keep us posted on what you find out.

sloanie
06-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Rhonda, I think you will be surprised at how much better you feel when you get your thyroid issues straightened out. My sis just started on thyroid hormones and feels better than she has in years. Also, she has gotten a bonus, thicker eyelashes!!!

Tejas
06-12-2013, 01:40 PM
What the heck!? Now they say the retesting shows the thyroid is in normal range, and they want to test again in 3 months. Maybe the cholesterol is wrong too :lol:

Well, anyway, I'll just keep on trying to the right thing every day. Of course, my foot is swollen. Maybe that was the shopping and not the elliptical!! I really wanted that thyroid to explain the fatigue. DH says it's no mystery to him--I do too much :rofl:

My great nieces couldn't be more different in terms of shopping....one is 10, the other 9, the older one is more clothes crazy. The younger one seems to get overwhelmed. I remember shopping with the older women in my family as fun and mysterious. They went to higher-end stores than the ones I take the girls to.

Last night I went grocery shopping and bought all the right foods. And, today, so far, my eating has been really something to brag about. her's to making it through the day.

I think I do a little research about cholesterol. In my case, it's not just the numbers, but the type of particles.

ontarget
06-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Rhonda, that's good news about your tests. I wouldn't be surprised if shopping caused your foot to hurt.
Congratulations on your food today. Mine is good, too.

I took our grands shopping today. We wore each other out pretty fast. We were all still tired from swimming yesterday. Guess what I bought today. An ankle bracelet. I'm so cute! :lol:

I remember shopping downtown Fort Worth when I was a young girl. The Fair was one of our favorite places. There was another large department store downtown that started with an "M." I liked it, too, but right now I can't remember the name. When we went, it was an event. Today shopping with younger girls is still an event. They are all building a lot of fond memories. Don't you feel good getting to share these experiences?
We stopped at Braum's. The girls got ice cream. I had a Diet Coke. Don't know if I can do that again, though. Our upcoming trip is helping keep me focused.

Tejas
06-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Sandra---Meachem's? Monnings?

If my health doesn't focus me, perhaps a 50th high school reunion in October will?

Vicki--how's the weather?

ontarget
06-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Miss Meachems. I never bought much there but enjoyed browsing.

Rhonda, a 50th will do it. You're beautiful already.

pam920
06-12-2013, 10:36 PM
evening ladies.

Rhonda, glad your tests turned out ok. I feel my thyroid is not right, but the tests say different. My last test measured the particles and they say that is the test we need these days. It said I'm at risk for type 2 diabetes.

I am able to walk now. sloan, I will look up that info. Back is still in pain, but coming along.

Sandra, congrats on your loss this week. Great control to order a diet coke. I would have had an ice cream cone.

it was in 90s today and humid. I hate when it gets so hot you can't enjoy the outside

ontarget
06-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Pam, I am glad you're able to get around better. Please be careful.

Today we ready to fly to Seattle tomorrow. We're excited. My plan for this trip is to maintain. I may not be online Fri-Tues. I'm not taking the computer. I should be back here later this evening to tell ya'll good-bye. Have a great day!

ontarget
06-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Ya'll have a great weekend. :wave:

Tejas
06-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Have fun, Sandra!

Pam, glad to hear that you feel better.

My eating has been really good all week. I went to see the trainer as usual on Thursdays, and I added in the elliptical. More ice for the foot! :lol:

Tejas
06-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Vickie....did you get blown away?

Vickie
06-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi!!!!! Sorry....I've been running around like a crazy chick. I'll be here to catch up soon. The storm was VERY frightening but we survived with no damage. Was at the farmers' market today and had to buy a new printer. Tomorrow our new battery backup sump pump is being installed and I have a mani/pedi appointment. Sunday should be a pj day and I hope to catch up with all of you then.

Thanks for asking about me!