Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #1  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Binge Brought On By Weird Feeling

Earlier today, I was cooking up some tofu and mushrooms for lunch. Suddenly, I started getting dizzy and started shaking really badly. I wasn't sure what the problem was, but I figured I should eat and drink some water. I ended up drinking about 25 oz. of water and eating probably about 4 servings up chips in a 10 minute time period. I don't know why I felt like I did, but now I feel terrible for eating so much (especially junk) in such a short period of time.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
Earlier today, I was cooking up some tofu and mushrooms for lunch. Suddenly, I started getting dizzy and started shaking really badly. I wasn't sure what the problem was, but I figured I should eat and drink some water. I ended up drinking about 25 oz. of water and eating probably about 4 servings up chips in a 10 minute time period. I don't know why I felt like I did, but now I feel terrible for eating so much (especially junk) in such a short period of time.
I'm not a binger per se, but more than once I've been on a diet low in carbs (or just haven't had a lot of carbs in awhile) and I get that same feeling. My blood sugar has dropped precipitously and I just HAVE to have some carbs. I usually go for something sugary and it will bring my blood sugar back up. I've come close to fainting more than once, which is why I cannot restrict carbs to any great degree.

It sounds like your blood sugar had dropped, but of course I can't know that for sure. You might think over what you'd eaten over the last 24-48 hours and if it was really low in carbs that might explain the shaking and your body's need for more carbs.

Did the chips stop the symptoms?
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

If I leave eating too late and get really hungry, especially after doing exercise, I get that. It's gotten a lot better recently though. I try to make sure I eat at the same times each day. Did you?
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #4  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

SouthernMaven - They did stop the symptoms, but my sugar shouldn't have been low. I ate more carbs than I normally would yesterday (protein shake, fruit, some pasta). And I had eaten a bowl of King Vitamin cereal about 3.5 hours before and a cup of iced coffee about 2 hours before. My family is prone to diabetes, but if anything, my carbs would have been high this morning.

IanG - I ate breakfast about 2 hours later than normal (didn't need to get up till 7 today) and I was making lunch around 11:30 (normally eat at 12). I didn't exercise this morning. I can't find any reason as to why this happened.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote