Fitness Videos - June 2013 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome to check-i

Diana3271
05-31-2013, 10:34 PM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

Diana3271
05-31-2013, 10:41 PM
Well, I messed up the title this month and the correction didn't take. :(

TurboLaura
06-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Diana - Thanks for always getting us started :) I didn't even notice the error!!

Project you sounds like a fab workout! 10 pound dumbbells are no joke - keep up the great work :)

Yesterday Fire 45. LOVE that workout and how intense it is! We did it, 90 degrees in an un-airconditioned classroom. Yup, my ENTIRE shirt was SOAKED! TODAY - Fire 45 EZ and abs 10.

Feeling so great with this being day 4 of back on track. Thank you for your support ladies! Happy to be seeing mom today! She's finally feeling well enough to meet for lunch :)

Diana3271
06-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Feeling so great with this being day 4 of back on track. Thank you for your support ladies! Happy to be seeing mom today! She's finally feeling well enough to meet for lunch :)

That's awesome news about your Mom! Enjoy lunch!

teacher1
06-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Diana- thanks for getting us started!!

Laura- wow, TF without AC.. I'm impressed!!! Have a great lunch!

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
06-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Check-In:
Fat Free Yoga: No Impact Aerobics, You Life Is Your Glands, and Deep Relaxation
Suzanne Deason's Quick Start Yoga For Weight Loss - 30 Minute Total Body Yoga Workout

Teacher Good job on the elliptical. How do you feel today?

A little funny to share. I posted this earlier at my other check-in:

I just finished my yoga workout :D

As you may recall from the other week, the Dr. had a new prescription for me. She prescribed a higher dosage of Synthroid since my numbers are still off. She also prescribed weekly yoga.

As most of you know, I love kickboxing. Kickboxing has helped me fitness wise and I feel that it helps me with my stress levels.

I have a new mantra! :lol:

If I can't control it, cure it, or kill it with kickboxing, :boxing: I will love it to death with yoga! :yoga:

Zen, Baby! :rofl:

teacher1
06-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Diana- I love the new mantra!!! The hip is doing pretty good.. off to the PT tomorrow.

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
06-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Hey ladies!

Rest day for me today - scratch that....FIRE 45 EZ :)

Diana, I love it. Too funny!!
Teacher, glad that you're doing ok!

I weighed myself for the first time in over 2 months. HOLY CRAP I'm 174. I can't believe that I allowed myself to do this. I'm trying to focus on the fact that now I'm moving in the right direction, but it's still really upsetting.

Diana3271
06-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 4 Mile Outdoor Walk/Jog

I think my whole lower body will be talking to me tomorrow.

Teacher Good luck with PT tomorrow. Sending you my very best.

Laura Look on the positive side. You are back on track and you have gotten it under control before you got back to your starting weight or even above. I have a history of trying to see if I can break my previous high weight. KWIM? Keep fighting. We are here for you.

Diana3271
06-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I hope your day went well.

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/#1 weighted gloves and #10's

teacher1
06-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Laura- hang in there!!! Moving the ticker up does suck but 48 pounds is amazing and you're back on track!

Diana- PT was okay... I go back Wed for another traction treatment

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
06-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Hey ladies! Thank you for your kind words and motivation. I'm very motivated, focused and determined! 140 will be on my scale! 172 this morning - waahooo! I'm still tracking all my foods in my fitness pal on my new iphone and it really keeps me on track. Fire 45ez today!

Diana- your workout sounds tough!!! 4 miles is awesome!
Teacher- thank you for your kind words. Good job with the eliptical!

blessedamberly
06-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Just found this thread and thought I would join. I just started the turbo fire prep program on Saturday. I have recently lost 120 lbs on the ideal protein diet and have just startd working out so I decided the prep schedule would be the best place to start. Did Tone 30 this morning and looking forward to fire 45 ez tomorrow.

TurboLaura
06-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Hey ladies! Welcome blessesamberly! What a weight loss you have had :). Wow!! I think that you will love TF!!

Teacher and Diana, I hope that you're well!!

Today I'm 170 - yay! Tonight turbo jam 20 minute, TF abs 10 and TF Upper 20.

teacher1
06-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Laura- great workout plan and good job on the pounds!!!

Blessed- welcome.... that is amazing progress. I'm sure you'll love TF.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
06-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: LM Combat Live 60 w/weighted gloves

This will be a quick post. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. We have had some really bad weather for the last couple of days. This has caused some phone problems at the shop. I had AT&T at the shop today. They thought it was fixed. I went back tonight to check everything out and it is not fixed. I called to report it while I was there. Hopefully it can get resolved tomorrow.

blessedamberly Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome: You have done an awesome job so far! :carrot:

TurboLaura
06-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Hey ladies!

Diana - is everything straightened out now? How do you like Combat 60? I love Combat 30 but find Combat 45 quite....meh. :)

Fire 30 today. Waahooo to the scale...169 today!

teacher1
06-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi Ladies,

Diana- I hope all is better at work. When your technology is working it can be so frustrating.

Laura- great job on the scale moving down!!!

I had PT today and he decided that since I’m no longer making progress to stop PT. I have mixed feelings- I’m so glad to be done with all the visits- the money and time are a huge pain. However, my hip is still not 100%. It’s much better but I wish it was completely fixed. The PT said to see how it does over the summer and come back if it starts having more problems. He said to focus on my core with pilates, yoga, and strength training. I now need to buckle down and get back to the ymca classes.

Today- rest

Diana3271
06-05-2013, 10:36 PM

Check-In: G. Gomez's Kickboxing Cardio Burn w/weighted gloves

It appears the phone situation has been resolved, for now. We have had this problem for several years, now. It only happens when we get a lot of rain. Not a drizzle or normal rain. It has to be a lot. A different guy came out today. He found some wires that were corroded and showed them to DH. He replaced the wires. It is my understanding (I hadn't gotten to work, yet) that these wires are inside. I'm not sure how this could be the issue since they are inside and water is not coming inside. Unless it has to do with the build up of moisture. Who knows. All I know is that the phones work right now. We have had a dozen or so techs come out for this problem over the years. Everyone replaces something different. I guess we will eventually have all new wiring in this building, LOL. We will know in time if he fixed the problem. The good thing is that we have the wiring maintenance, so I don't have to pay for them to come out. The bad thing, of course, is the inconvenience and loss of business due to the phone not working. We have had another 3 inches of rain today and it's pouring again. I called the shop and the phone still rings, which is a good sign. We couldn't get incoming calls before. Hopefully it's really fixed this time. We are suppose to be getting tropical storm Andrea starting tomorrow through the weekend. The other day there was a tornado on the ground close to the area where my Mom's house is. The weather channel even mentioned the area.

Laura I'm actually sore across my back from the punching in Combat 60. I like it but it really bothers me that the cardio is only 40-45 minutes. It's not actually 60 minutes. Congrats on your weigh in! :carrot:

Teacher I hear you on technology, very frustrating. I was looking at my phone and I have 3 wires coming into it. For some reason, I can't even remember what that one is for. :lol: I swear I'm getting old! I'm sorry about the PT and your hip not being 100%. I remember when my PT told me that. I just looked at her and said "what do I do now?" I was still having severe pain in my neck. I truly thought when I went to PT that it would fix my problem and that was that. I eventually got well, but it took time. Hopefully your hip will heal over the Summer. Are you suppose to go back to your Dr?

TurboLaura
06-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Hey ladies!!

Diana- glad that the phone sitation is resolved :). Yikes on the tornadoes.
Thanks for the kind words and info on combat 60. Will most likely try it next week.

Teacher - im sure all of the PT does get annoying, especially since you're not seeing full results. I'm sure you can do stretching and exercises at home, too!!
Thanks for your kind words, too!

Some turbo cardio, abs 10 and TF upper 20. Happy Thursday!!!

teacher1
06-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- stay safe with the storm coming

Laura- great job with the workouts!!!

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
06-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/#1 weighted gloves and #10's

The phones still work! It's pretty amazing when things actually work they are suppose to. :lol:

The weekend is almost here! :yay:

Laura At the end of Combat 60 they do some floor work, push ups, etc.

Teacher Good job on the elliptical. Are you going to try to continue with the same exercises you did while in PT? I think they gave me a hand out with exercises on it.

teacher1
06-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Happy Friday Ladies!!!

Diana- yeah, I'm keeping up with the stretches and doing some core moves. I'm suppose to start up the pilates and yoga and get back to cycling and some strength classes. My goal is to get back to the y sometime next week.

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
06-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Hey ladies! Awesome workouts. Raining like crazy here tonight!!

Rest day for me :)

Diana3271
06-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

Teacher I'm glad you are able to keep up with the work that you have been doing with the PT. Maybe you just need more time.

Laura We have had a crazy amount of rain all week! Enjoy your evening.

TurboLaura
06-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Hey ladies! Happy Saturday :)

Teacher- is cycling more gentle for your hip than other exercises?

Diana - finally stopped raining. Thank goodness there wasn't any wind!

Thrilled to report 167 this AM!! Waaaaahooooo! :carrot: can someone please always make me lose 7 pounds in a week?!?!

Fire 55ez today :) and I will be avoiding birthday cake and ice cream tonight for my sister in law. I can do it and it's worth it :)

Diana3271
06-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I hope you are enjoying your weekend! :beach:

Today I did my stress lowering, Dr. prescribed workout :p

Check-In:
25 minute cardio workout from Comcast OnDemand w/water bottles (since I don't have weights at home :p)
Extended Morning Practice (45 minutes) from AM/PM Yoga for Beginners w/Barbara Benagh

Funny thing is that I actually broke a sweat w/the 25 minute cardio workout. It was just a basic cardio and walking workout.

Laura Keep up the great work! :carrot:

Teacher I hope you are having a great weekend!

teacher1
06-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Laura- Wow, 7 pounds amazing!!!! yes, stationary biking was the best for my hip but it's so boring. I need to get back to cycling classes. The elip was the 2nd hip choice workout. I'm still not able to do turbokick, turbo fire/jam, or zumba :( Hopefully, eventually, I'll get back to my favorite workouts.

Diana- congrats on the chill workout. I have my yoga planned for Friday.

I lost 2 pounds this week so moving in the right direction :)

today- cleaned the house

Diana3271
06-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Teacher Congrats on the weight loss!

I haven't talked much about my weight recently. I am pretty much maintaining within a range. I am still having the angioedema reactions and as you know my thyroid meds were still off. I guess I am lucky to be maintaining. Last week I had a pretty major angioedema flare up. I gained 2 pounds. It's so weird doing that but eating the same calories, etc. I literally wake up overnight and my face/lips are swollen. I am still taking the antihistamine. It does help with the reaction, so it's not as bad, but I still react.

TurboLaura
06-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Hey ladies :wave:

I hope that you're all having a great weekend :). Diana, have you been feeling well lately? Nice workouts!!
Teacher - i bet cycling, like anything else, can be boring when that's all that you can do. You'll get there!! 2 pounds is awesome!! :cheer:

Today- turbo fire hiit 25 and turbo jam turbo sculpt.

teacher1
06-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Diana- you've done so great with all the challenges thrown your way

Laura- hi

today- swimming

Diana3271
06-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Hi Everyone! wave:

Check-In: Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves

Laura Great job on the Turbo Fire workouts! I'm feeling fine. I think it's more of the internal stress. I don't really feel it, but it comes out in the angioedema flare ups. It's a huge pain. Also, my thyroid meds are still not right. The Dr. upped my dosage again. She also wants me to do yoga to help with the stress. Her thoughts are that if I get rid of the stress that it will help with the the thyroid and angioedema problems. I understand her theory, but I don't know that it's working. :lol:

Teacher Swimming is awesome! Great job! I think I recall you saying that you and your DH wanted start a family soon. Does the hip situation change your plans or are you still on plan?

Diana3271
06-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great start to your week!

Last night before bed, I added on the 7 minute workout from Strong Knees and 30 Minutes of Yoga for Stress Relief

Diana3271
06-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Leslie Sansone Walk Your Belly Flat 3 Miles while using #2 hand weights

Still nursing a tweaky knee. I probably should not have done the Cardio Kickboxing workout yesterday. Oh well. I will try to do some Strong Knees tonight. I will take it easier this week to see how it goes.

TurboLaura
06-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey ladies :wave: happy monday!

Diana-it's amazing how much stress can mess with us even when we don't realize it. I'm proud of for doing so much yoga with your other workouts!! Awesome!

Teacher-hope that the pool was good to you :)

Tonight- fire 55ez. My butt is so darn sore from turbo sculpt! I forgot how many squats and lumges were in that great turbo jam workout :)

teacher1
06-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Diana- I hope the knee feels better. Starting a family weighs so heavy on my heart. I don’t know what is best to do- wait until I drop some weight to start trying or try now. There are pros and cons to both- waiting- means I’m getting that much older (I’m 33) and chancing chromosome complications & getting pregnant now would mean a higher risk pregnancy with the possibility of gestational diabetes and I also have the hip problem. I think for now we’re waiting. Honestly, I feel like I’ve dug myself into such a hole with this situation. The physician assistant (she has a fertility background) said I should really try to get pregnant before 35 even if you’re not done having kids at 35 to help with fertility. I went to my friend’s house today and she has 3 kids. Yikes, what a busy stressful situation. I came from a big family but I only want 1 or 2. Some days I’m ready to be a mom and other days not at all. Time will tell.

I do have a NSV today- I finally tried an outdoor ymca water class. I’ve chickened out the last 2 summers and today I finally went. I did the beginning water walk class for 30 minutes. Here’s the class description-
“Enjoy being coached through strength exercises as you walk through the resistance of the mild current in our lazy river.”
I’ll have to see how the hip handles it but it was a good workout. I’ll probably try to do 1-2 water classes a week for the summer.

Today- water walk-30 min

teacher1
06-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Laura- I didn't see your post... I love turbo sculpt!!!! feel the burn :)

Diana3271
06-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Laura Good job on the Turbo Sculpt. I think I remember that one. Doesn't it have the lunges at different angles? :D Chalene had a name for it like around the world or something like that.

Teacher Follow your heart and do what you think is best. Do you think a hip specific yoga DVD might help? I can ask at my other forum if someone has a suggestion. Let me know. You may want to concentrate on the swimming right now. That sounds like a good workout. Also, you don't have all that impact where you could possibly hurt yourself.

Diana3271
06-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Before bed, I added on the 7 minute workout from Strong Knees and the 20 minute Deep Rest practice from Yoga For Stress Relief.

Teacher I noticed on the Yoga for Stress Relief there is a section called Hip Pain (S. I. Joint). I will do that practice one day and let you know about it.

Have a great day!

Diana3271
06-11-2013, 04:10 PM

Check-In: Leslie Sansone Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles w/#2 hand weights

teacher1
06-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Diana- thank you for the help on finding some hip friendly yoga

The hip was a little sore today. So I did some gentle swimming at my parent's house today.

TurboLaura
06-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Hey ladies!!

Diana- nice workout. Glad thay you're feeling well:). Turbo Sculpt doesn't have those lunges but I do remember that move from somewhere!
Teacher- There is so much to consider when having a baby, you're right. You're still quite young, though! ;)

Fire 30 and upper 20 tonight!

Diana3271
06-12-2013, 08:00 AM

Last night I added on the 7 minute premix from Strong Knees and the premix Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga For Stress Relief

Teacher I will ask on the other forum today and let you know what they say.

Laura Great combination of workouts!

teacher1
06-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Diana- thank you!!!!

today- swimming at my parent's house

Diana3271
06-12-2013, 10:35 PM

Check-In: Leslie Sansone's 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk w/#2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEEOSE5dBo4

Teacher Good job on the swim! There were a couple really good recommendations for you.
Here's my post: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=193611

Here's the first response:
I have 2 yoga-like dvds that focus on therapy for the hips. (They are a series of exercises as opposed to a flowing set of poses.) I find both of them helpful.

Viniyoga therapy for low back, sacrum and hips has 3 short sessions of 20-35 minutes each: http://www.pranamaya.com/teachers/gary-kraftsow/kraftsow-vyt-lowback.html

Jill Miller's Hip Helpers focuses on movements and stretches that focus on the hips from all angles - front to back movements, side to side movements, and turning in and out movements. I prefer the workshop version, since she gives more insight into the whys and hows of each movement, as well as modifications: http://www.pranamaya.com/products/dvds/miller-hips.html This set of exercises is about an hour in length.

Second Response:
My favorite is an OOP DVD-R still available at amazon and ebay, Kristen Eykel's 12 minute Yoga Emergency - Hips.
http://www.amazon.com/Emergency-Minute-Workout-Kristen-Eykel/dp/B001IZ2E0A

Third Response:
This isn't yoga, but the lower body exercises from Margaret Richard's Exercise (Nat'l Institute on Aging) are excellent. Although the DVD is marketed to seniors, it's appropriate for any age. Lower body exercises are either seated (chair squats) or standing (hip, glute, and hamstring activation). I used this DVD a lot last year when I was rehabbing from a hamstring injury, and many of the lower body exercises were exactly what my PT gave me to do at home.
http://www.collagevideo.com/item.aspx?item=4610&revieword=2&reviewstart=31

I looked at the links. I think they are all good, but the first response/video recommendation looks really good. You can also look at the video samples on that link and see if the exercises are something that might work for you.

Laura Hi :wave:

TurboLaura
06-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Hey ladies!

Teacher - hope that it was a good time in the pool :)

Diana - thanks for sharing the yoga info!

Today - Fire 30. Ended up doing Turbo Jam Cardio Party with upper 20 last night - 40 minutes of moderate intensity but I still got a great workout and sweat like crazy! I'm now adding in 2 Turbo Jam's a week when I do strength training...seems to be a good mix for me. I've also realized that 1200 calories per day with this type of working out just isn't enough...1400 seems right for me and I'm tracking everything with my fitness pal. I'm also afraid that going too low with 1200 may set me up for failure and cause overeating.

HOPING for 165 on Friday but TOM may screw with it! Take care, ladies!

teacher1
06-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Diana- thank you sooo much :) I ordered Viniyoga Therapy for the Low Back, Sacrum & Hips with Gary Kraftsow & Yoga Emergency- The 12 Minute Workout with Kristen Eykel- Hips from Amazon. I'll let you know how it goes when they come :)

teacher1
06-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Laura- good luck on hitting your goal... I love old school turbo jam :)

Diana3271
06-13-2013, 07:57 AM

Last night I added on:
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Yoga For Stress Relief premix: Easing Neck & Shoulder Tension (Passive, 20 minutes)

Teacher I hope something helps. Just curious, why did you choose the Gary Croft workout over the Jill Miller. I didn't watch the video clips, so I'm not sure the difference. I did watch one on anxiety and I'm interested.

Laura I think TTOM will be starting soon for me, too. Do you get insomnia from TTOM? The last couple of days I have been waking 1 hour earlier than normal. That's a sign for me that TTOM will be starting soon.

I have a question for everyone. What is your experience with Advil vs. Aleve? I have always taken Advil, but dreaded it due to fluid retention from it. This week, I decided to try Aleve for my knee. I don't seem to be having the fluid retention issue.

Diana3271
06-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Teacher Eoin Finn's The Pursuit Of Happy Hips was recommended over night. Not sure if this is just stretching or if it is therapeutic. Here is some video clips of this workout that you can watch.
http://www.myyogaonline.com/videos/yoga/pursuit-of-happy-hips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msq2DjdBtcY

Diana3271
06-13-2013, 06:31 PM

I hope you are having a great day!

Check-In: KCM's 30 MTF Cardio Quick Fix

I followed the low impact modifier. I like this workout when I do the regular/higher impact. I think I got a better workout this week with the Leslie walks. At least I got something in. ;)

teacher1
06-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Laura- hi

Diana- I thought all 3 looked good- but the 2 videos I got had shorter sessions so I thought I might actually try and hopefully keep doing them. I don't think I have the attention span for an hour yoga home video. I struggle to go to an hour ymca yoga class. I might eventually get the 3rd.

I use both advil and aleve and never seem to have any side effects. I did get in a bad habit of taking both with all my hip problems. So I'm now trying to not just take them all the time.

TurboLaura
06-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Hey ladies! Almost Friday - yay!

Teacher - hope that you're well! I forgot how great old school turbo jam is! For me, and for long term sucess, I'm going to do 2 TJ cardios a week and 4 TF cardios a week for my cardio training.
Diana - when I need to take something for headaches I aleays take advil. Not sure about it causing fluid retension, though. Of course we can all respond differently!

Tonight - turbo jam 20 minute workout, Turbo Fire Sculpt 30 and abs 10.
Happy to report 166 today - hoping for 165 tomorrow or Sat!

Diana3271
06-14-2013, 07:47 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TIGF! :woohoo: I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Does anyone have special plans for the weekend or Father's Day?

Before bed I added on:
7 minute premix from Strong Knees
20 minute Energy Balancing Practice from Quick Start Yoga for Weight Loss (this section is geared toward women when they have lower energy or they have TTOM

I will be back to chat later. I need more :coffee2: and to wake up! :lol:

Diana3271
06-14-2013, 05:32 PM

Check-In: Jessica Smith's Walking For Weight Loss, Wellness, & Energy - 1 Hour - w/#1 hand weights

I will be back when I get home tonight.

teacher1
06-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Hi ladies!!!! Happy Friday :)

Diana- we're having a BBQ Sunday afternoon at my parent's house for Father's Day. Are you taking your husband out?

TurboLaura
06-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Hey!! :wave:

165 today :cheer: i made my mini goal for today :)
Fire 55ez this afternoon.

Teacher- bbq sounds great!!
I'll be meeting my parents for lunch...:/. Mom is great but dad is....not.
Will focus on doing something cute for my husband from our boys (pups).

Take care all!

Diana3271
06-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Teacher I agree about the shorter sessions. You can add on if you feel up to it. I really hope something helps you. Enjoy the BBQ with your family. DH wants to go to PF Chang's. This week was our hair appointments. We normally go to the Japanese place but I didn't want to have all of that sodium in one week. I would be holding on to enough water to float a boat. :lol:

Laura Congrats on the 165! Great job sticking with it. :carrot:

I hope you rest well tonight and enjoy your weekend.

Diana3271
06-15-2013, 08:15 AM

Last night I added on:
7 Minute premix from Strong Knees
15 Minute premix - Breathing Exercises to Calm the Mind from Yoga For Stress Relief

I went to bed at 11 last night but woke at 5:30. :tired: UGH! TTOM should be starting soon. I get hormonal induced insomnia during that time. After all of these years, you would think that I would learn to go to bed earlier during these times. :lol:

TurboLaura
06-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Good Morning! :D

Diana - sorry that you were up so early! I was pleased that my boys let me sleep until 8:30 this AM, which is very unusual. Are you enjoying the yoga? PF Chang's is yummy! I love their noodles, sauce and veggie dish. You're so right about the sodium, though :)

Teacher - hope that you're well!

I thought that I was seeing things this AM - scale said 163 :cheer2: Perhaps I was holding fluid from TOM? WAAHOO I will take it. I've really learned that Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire are what my body needs.

TODAY - Turbo Jam 20 minute workout, Upper 20 and Abs 10.

teacher1
06-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Laura- woohoo on your progress :)

Diana- I love PF Changs... the lettuce wraps are my favorite there. Have fun :)

I dropped 2 pounds this week.

Diana3271
06-15-2013, 11:32 PM

Check-In: Leslie Sansone Walk Your Belly Flat 3 Miles

Laura Congrats on the 163! Keep up the great work! Nope, not enjoying the yoga. :lol: I would rather not do it, but if it can help me I will do it. :D

Teacher Congrats on the 2 pounds! :carrot: Keep up the great work!

Diana3271
06-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

I hope you enjoy your Father's Day celebrations!

Last night I added on:
The Forward Bends section from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for your week

I have determined that there are certain yoga instructors that I prefer to use before bed. So far, I prefer Barbara Benagh and Suzanne Deason. I find their voices more relaxing and to my tastes. This was my first experience with Rodney Yee. While the workout was good for PM use, since it uses forward bends, his voice is not soothing and relaxing to me. I will have certain instructors reserved for my evening practice and others will fall into the category of my earlier practices on Sat/Sun.

teacher1
06-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Happy Sunday!!! I hope everyone is having a great Father's Day... off to the BBQ later :)

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
06-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Hi Everyone!

I followed the modifier during the jumps. Felt good to do a TF. Tomorrow I might try the Project You Full Body Circuit. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Teacher Do you have an elliptical at home or did you go to the Y?

Laura I haven't done TJ in a long time. Does it feel a lot slower than TF?

TurboLaura
06-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Hey ladies :wave:

Teacher - yay on the 2 pounds!!!! :carrot:
Diana - you're really getting to know yoga! Yes TJ is slower and less intense. I'm enjoying it 2 days a week and feel it helps me totally rock the 4 tf cardios, 3 weight workouts and 2 ab routines in a week. It's my new thing and it seems to be working and helping with burnout!

Fire 45ez tonight :)

Diana3271
06-17-2013, 08:18 AM

Last night I added on:
(I did this one earlier) The Twist and Flow Premix from Sean Corn's Detox Flow Yoga
(Right before bed) 7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Short Rest Premix from AM/PM Yoga for Beginners

I will be back later

Diana3271
06-17-2013, 06:46 PM

Project You Full Body Circuit w/#10's and #1 weighted gloves

Laura Which TJ is your favorite? I haven't done them in so long. Maybe I need to pull one out. ;)

Teacher :wave:

teacher1
06-17-2013, 06:47 PM
Diana- yes, I have a Precor elliptical and treadmill at home. I use the elip far more than the treadmill.

Laura- is the end of school coming up?

today- elip 30 & viniyoga hip therapy 30 min... it's my new one. I like that many of the moves were from PT. It just seems like 30 min of yoga lasts forever. I didn't go to water walk today since it was cloudy and raining off and on today.

Diana3271
06-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Teacher I think it's good that it's similar to PT. How often do you plan on doing it? Good luck and I hope it helps you. :hug:

Diana3271
06-18-2013, 08:01 AM

Last night I added on:
PM Yoga w/Patricia Walden

Have a great day!

teacher1
06-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Diana- My plan is to do yoga 2 times and pilates 1 time a week. Since I don't like doing them, I think this is realistic. Hopefully, eventually, I'll add in more yoga and pilates. My other yoga video ordered was cancelled from Amazon. So I'll just use the viniyoga and try some ymca classes for now.

I'm celebrating my 3rd year anniversary today :) We been together a decade- 6 years dating, 1 year engaged, and 3 year married!!! I feel very old!

today- ymca cycling 45 min- finally got up and the class was so intense in a good way.

Diana3271
06-18-2013, 04:48 PM

Check-In: Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp

Teacher Good job on the cycling class! Happy Anniversary! Do you have anything special planned?

Laura Hi :wave:

TurboLaura
06-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Hey ladies!

Hope that you're all well.

Teacher - Happy Anniversary!! :celebrate:
Diana :wave:

Fire 30 and Upper 20 tonight for me :)

Diana3271
06-19-2013, 08:13 AM

Last night I added on:
7 minute premix from Strong Knees
Unwinding Muscle Tension premix from AM/PM Yoga for Beginners

I will be back later. Have a great day!

teacher1
06-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Diana- Nothing really special- I grilled steak and veggies :)

Yesterday after cycling my neck was a little sore. I went to the chiro for an adjustment and she said it will be sore for a few days. Today it was so sore when I got out of bed but it's slowly getting better. I'm hoping it doesn't take long to heal. I'll falling apart with my hip and now my sore neck :(

today- rest

TurboLaura
06-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Hey ladies! Hope that you're all ok tonight.

Teacher - im so sorry about you're neck. Ugh...neck and back pain can be so painful. :(. Hope it improves soon.

Diana - you're quite the yoga expert now!!!

Tonight - fire 45 ez. Hoping for 160 on friday or saturday.

Diana3271
06-19-2013, 10:46 PM

TF Fire 45 w/weighted gloves

I had a frustrating day. I just made a longer post but erased it. The bottom line is this, I will just ask for a prayer for two of our close friends, Ray and Danny. Danny has been diagnosed with bladder cancer and Ray possibly has pancreatic cancer. Today is the anniversary of my Mom passing. I didn't like getting this news today about our two friends. Cancer is such a bad thing.

Laura I would rather NOT be an expert, :rofl: We did the same workout!

Teacher Ugh! I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Diana3271
06-20-2013, 08:16 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: The weekend is almost here!

Last night I added on:
Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga For Stress Relief

Have a great day!

teacher1
06-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi ladies!!!

The neck is getting a little better :) Still taking it easy today and maybe tomorrow

TurboLaura
06-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Hi ladies,

Diana - thinking of you and your friends tonight. Cancer is so devastating and I'm sure it's hard to have this come on mom's anniversary.

Teacher - Hope that the pool was great!

Fire 55 EZ tonight. NO weight loss yet this week....ugh.

Diana3271
06-20-2013, 10:09 PM

Who is ready for the weekend? :yes:

Check-In: 1/2 of Project You Full Body Circuit w/#10's & #1 weighted gloves

Today turned into a busy day and I was crunched for time. At least I got 30 minutes in. I will do the other half tomorrow. I'm glad that BB has the timers on the screen.

Ray talked with the nurse at the Dr's office. He has not been able to talk with the Dr. The nurse said that everything is all clear. I can tell he is really aggravated and frustrated. He has a problem but they have not found out what it is, yet. Also, I wouldn't be completely relieved until I spoke with the Dr. Hopefully he will find out something definite soon. The worry about the unknown is awful. One would also say that there is nothing to worry about, yet, since there is nothing definite yet, either. I will update when I find out what's going on.

Teacher Pains and problems can really get in the way of your life. Hang in there. :hug: Good job on the swim.

Laura Good job on the 55EZ!

teacher1
06-20-2013, 11:20 PM
Diana- praying for your friends. I hope Ray gets the answers soon. It's so hard to have medical problems and not have answers.

Diana3271
06-21-2013, 07:08 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay: I am so ready for the weekend! :dance:

Last night I added on:
The 7 minute premix from Strong Knees
Breathing Exercises to Calm the Mind from Yoga For Stress Relief

I think I am going to do the Strong Knees on Tues, Thurs, Sat, and Sun since my knee is feeling better. I might be able to do longer yoga practices on the days that I don't do the Strong Knees.

Teacher Thank you. :hug:

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
06-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Hello all :)

neck is much better today.. just a little sore

Diana3271
06-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
The 2nd half of Project You Full Body Circuit w/#10 and #1 weighted gloves
Leslie Sansone Walk Your Belly Flat 3 Mile Walk holding #2 weights

Teacher I'm glad your neck is better.

Laura :wave:

Diana3271
06-22-2013, 08:29 AM

Last night I added on: PM Stretch w/Madeline Lewis

Have a great day!

teacher1
06-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Sadly, I'm up 3 pounds this week from poor food choices this week. I'm going to restart tracking my calorie intake on Daily Burn this week.

today- rest

Diana3271
06-22-2013, 10:50 PM

Check-In:
Leslie Sansone Walk Away Your Hips & Thighs 2 Mile
Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for Beginners

Teacher I bet some of it is water weight, too. Hang in there and keep trying. :hug:

Diana3271
06-23-2013, 10:56 AM

Last night I added on:
Short Rest premix from AM/PM Yoga For Beginners

Enjoy your day and the rest of the weekend.

teacher1
06-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Happy Sunday!!!

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
06-23-2013, 10:03 PM

I hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy what's left of the weekend.

IanG
06-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Hmmm. I am not hardcore enough for weighted gloves. But I think my workouts are now rigorous enough to post here.

So, ran 5k in 32 minutes this morning. Then went swimming with the kids.

Diana3271
06-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Hmmm. I am not hardcore enough for weighted gloves. But I think my workouts are now rigorous enough to post here.

So, ran 5k in 32 minutes this morning. Then went swimming with the kids.

Ian :lol: You don't have to be hardcore to post here. Great job on the run and swimming! Sounds like a great combo!

Diana3271
06-24-2013, 07:22 AM

Last night I added on:
20 Minute Energy Balancing Yoga practice from Quick Start Yoga for Weight Loss

Have a great day!

teacher1
06-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Welcome Ian :)

Diana- you're doing great with all the yoga

Laura- are you almost done at school?

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
06-24-2013, 06:41 PM

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/#10's and #1 weighted gloves

Teacher How is it going with your hip and neck?

Waving Hi to Larua and Ian

Diana3271
06-25-2013, 07:59 AM

Last night I added on: Yoga For Stress Relief w/Ashley Turner

Have a great day!

teacher1
06-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Diana- the neck seems all better but I'll see how it handles cycling tomorrow. The hip is doing pretty well but a little sore when I push it hard or sit a long time.

Diana3271
06-25-2013, 06:23 PM

Check-In: Michelle Dozois Cardio Interval Burn Remix

Teacher I wonder if you were tensing your neck and shoulder muscles during your last spin workout? I know spinning is intense and you may have been tensing that area too much. One of the yoga DVD's I have has premixes for all areas of the body. I also have a couple total body stretch workouts that help. You can also check out the videos on youtube. I am finding it's nice to have those videos that I mentioned. You never know when you will need help with a particular area. I'm not regimented enough to do the stretches properly on my own or hold the pose long enough. I will follow a DVD, though. :lol: I hope the spin class goes well for you.

TurboLaura
06-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Hello :wave:

Hope you're all well. Last day of school is tomorrow :)

Have had some type of lower back and neck toghtness that has been very painful and unusual for me. Took mon and tues off and will bee back on track with exercise tomorrow!

How have you all been?

Diana3271
06-26-2013, 08:00 AM

Last night I added on:
Deep Rest Premix from Yoga for Stress Relief

Laura Good to see you check-in. Have you been able to do any stretches? I hope you get better quickly.

Have a great day!

teacher1
06-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Diana- I'm keeping up with my PT stretches everyday :)

Laura- woohoo, last day of school. I hope your back and neck feel better. Any fun summer plans?

I slept in and didn't make it to the y today. Yikes

today- swimming at my parent's house... it's getting so hot lately.. tomorrow will be around 100 degrees

Diana3271
06-26-2013, 10:24 PM

Check-In: The Firm Pump Jump 'n Jab for weights I used #10's for cardio I used #1 hand weights
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees (I prefer doing this at home rather than at work)

Teacher You must have needed the extra rest.

Diana3271
06-27-2013, 08:16 AM

Last night I added on:
Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch for Beginners (floor)
Short Rest from AM/PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

teacher1
06-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Hi everyone!!!

Today started off great. I made it to pilates at the y. But came home to a sick puppy :( My furbaby has a severe infection with blood clots causing him to need to pee all the time and it has some blood in it. He is on 2 antibiotics. They did some blood work and we'll get the results tomorrow and a culture which will take a few days. So I canceled my dinner plans and now on nursing duties. A sick doggie is the worst!

today- ymca pilates

Diana3271
06-27-2013, 10:43 PM

Check-In: Mindy Mylrea Intensity Overload

Teacher Take care of your little one. :hug: I hope he is feeling better soon. DH and I are in the process of getting a puppy. I am really scared. I know you remember what I went through when I lost Magnum. Now, that you are going through an illness with your dog, do you feel it's worth it to have them? I probably didn't say that right, but I hope you know what I mean. I'm talking about the pain and stress you go through when your pets get sick or hurt. Do you feel they bring enough happiness to go through all of that? I have been through so much since 2007 and I'm just scared of something else happening. But I got the feeling a couple months ago that I wanted another dog. I felt that it would help me heal and bring me some happiness.

Diana3271
06-28-2013, 08:06 AM
Good Morning! :wave: TGIF! :dance: I am ready for the weekend! :carrot:

Teacher How is your little one feeling today?

Last night I added on:
Tamilee Webb Total Body Stretch for Beginners (Standing)
Restorative Poses For Relaxation from Yoga For Stress Relief

Have a great day!

teacher1
06-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Diana- I know what you mean... dogs are so wonderful but can come with many stresses. I'm sure it's hard especially after losing a pet. I think it's worth it. We have 2 dogs and that is the limit for us. I'm very scared that my boxer will die at a young age since he's always having health problems. My mini boxer (mix boxer, pug, and boston terrier) will live forever. She never gets sick. My boy is doing a little better. He's still peeing all the time but resting a lot. I should hear about his blood work today. I'm just stuck at home since I feel like he can't be left and he needs rest.

Laura- hi

today- home yoga workout

Diana3271
06-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Check-In: The Firm Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn w/10's

Teacher Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are going to look at the puppy this weekend. It's 4 weeks old. Sending healing thoughts for your little one.

Diana3271
06-29-2013, 09:32 AM

Last night I added on:
7 Minute premix from Strong Knees
Unwinding Muscle Tension from AM/PM Yoga For Beginners

I did the muscle stretch from this workout because I have been sore since doing the Firm workout on Wednesday. :lol:

Have a great day!

Diana3271
06-29-2013, 10:18 AM
I have the Strong Knees DVD, but have only been doing the 7 Minute premix. I found the premix online in case anyone needs some knee help. http://www.hulu.com/watch/359953

teacher1
06-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana3271
06-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Hi Everyone!

Laura I hope things are going well for you.

Teacher How is your dog? Do your parents enjoy swimming, too?

Diana3271
06-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Here we go: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/284107-july-2013-turbo-fire-more-check-all-types-workouts-welcome-here.html

Diana3271
06-30-2013, 09:31 AM

Last night I added on:
Twists section from AM Yoga for You Week w/Rodney Yee

We are going to see the puppy today. Wish us luck!

Have a great day.

teacher1
06-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Diana- how exciting!!! what kind of puppy? My furkid is getting better hopefully the vet will have the rest of the test results tomorrow. My parents normally swim on Sat morning. My brother and sister will swim throughout the week when I come over to visit.

Laura- hi

today- elip 30 min & treadmill walk 30 min

TurboLaura
06-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Hey ladies!
Sorry been so MIA. Been very distracted with the potential for mu husband and I to pit our home on the market and buy another. Very exciting, stressful and time consuming.. I'm working out tomorrow and i must say, back and neck are mucj better!

How are you ladies?
Diana!!!!!!! Yay for puppies :). How did you make out?? My 4 little boys are the best and truly are my children. I know that you both know what I mean.
Teacher - how's your boy?? It's so hard when they're sick, I understand. Does he have a severe UTI? My 14year old is prone to them and bladdder crystals so I researched the **** out of it and feed him a secial mix of wet food (which is good because he has very few teeth!!!) and eggs, pumpkin and veggies. It's maintained him weel for about 1 month :)

Diana3271
06-30-2013, 11:13 PM

No workout for today since we went out of town to look at the puppies. We won't get the puppy until the end of July. We are getting a Boykin.
Here's some pictures of Boykin puppies: http://www.lilypadboykins.com/puppies.html
Here they are as they get older: http://www.lilypadboykins.com/PHOTOS.html

I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. Enjoy your evening.