Old 05-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #1  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Default Daily Challenge to Stay "On Plan" - Everyone is Welcome to Join

Welcome Everyone

Our main goal on this thread is to stay ON PLAN (or OP for short) with whatever weight loss plan you're following.

Challenge:

1. Stay ON PLAN during the month. Challenge yourself to be OP with your eating & exercise daily. Be sure to come here and check in if you feel like you are going to go off-course and need some support!
2. Set a weight loss goal only if you feel comfortable doing so.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to do some form of exercise.
4. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THE THREAD and check in with us. The accountability is important and a great way to stay on track.

Anything else you’d like to track here, please do so! Feel free to track your daily eating, daily exercising...anything you'd like! We are here for each other because we're all here for a common goal: to be healthy, fit and happy!! For those who are struggling, why not re-commit and let today be your turnaround. WE CAN DO IT!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #2  
Stay Focused & Committed

My Goals are:

1. Continue tracking
2. Attend a WW meeting each week
3. Check in here daily
4. Workout at least 4 times a week
5. Drink at least 8 glassses of water daily
6. Stay focused and committed.
7. Do not obsess over the scale
Old 05-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

My goals

=Avoid Empty and Excess Carbs
--Exercise 4x per week
--Limit diet soda
--Eat plenty of green vegetables
--Limit dairy

Today, I did pretty well. I got in my workout. For breakfast, 3 fried eggs and 2 pieces of toast. For lunch, I had 1 slice of bread with peanut butter, steamed fish and salad. For dinner, I'm going to have a sweet potato and shrimp salad with a couple tbs of hummus.
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #4  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the challenge laciemn. Glad you're off to a good start for the month of June!

Today wasn't one of my best days. I went to a concert in the park and I had a few too many snacks. I did get in a nice long walk today though. I will be back 100% OP tomorrow.

I hope everyone else is having a great day.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #5  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Yay GettinFit, I've been waiting for the new thread all day long

My June goals:

#1 - Get back to the 130s and slowly move towards the 120s and NOT GET BACK UP TO THE 140s, AGAIN!
#2 - Focus on my mid-section a little more (again!)
#3 - Of course, check with you guys every day!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #6  
Breathing.

Taking the personals from May over to this thread:

GettinFit - Great goals, as usual! I hope you had a good time at the concert. Tomorrow is a new day!

SuperCecilia - You definitely had a very successful month which makes me very, very happy for you! Absolutely LOVE black beans! Wishing you lots of success for the month of June!

BonnieL - Congrats on your 5.8 lbs loss!

laciemn - Hello Sounds like you had a good day today! I like your goals, I'm avoiding empty and excess carbs too, they're evil

I wasn't OP today as I ate lots of ice cream, once slice of pizza and a couple of french fries. However, I got a good workout in. My total calories for the day: 2132.
On a good note: I hopped on the scale after my workout and guess what it said: 140.4 lbs That's a 2.2 lbs loss since yesterday. Weird. TOM should be here in just a few days and I've had a lot of junk food in the past couple of days. But hey - I'll take it!

As far as our situation is concerned: We are going to book our flight tomorrow! I'm hoping to get a non-stop flight since DH has flight anxiety. We finally managed to figure out what we're gonna do and Germany just seems to be the best option. I'm relieved. DH and I decided to enjoy our last week here in the US which also means that I HAVE to have some good old American food, lol! I'm not going to be too strict about my calories but I still want to workout as much as I can. Also, I have the feeling that it will be easier for me to stay OP in Germany (I had lost about 20 lbs in summer of 2011. My lowest weight was 123 lbs!). One thing that bothers me right now is that we have to find an affordable gym over there RIGHT AWAY!
Anywho - I'm glad I can provide you guys with some good news, finally!

Let's all have a HEALTHY and HAPPY month of June!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #7  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello everyone,

Hoopty - Congrats on your loss and I hope things settle down pretty quick for you once you're in Germany. Great goals for this month too!

Today has been so so for me. I've eaten most of my Points and it's only about 1PM The weekends seem to be so challenging for me but I am going to work really hard to stay on track next weekend.

I hope everyone else is doing okay.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #8  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default woo hoo a June thread!! June already!

Hi all!! It's my anniversary today!! (12 years married)

Almost so OP for June 1- had a hush puppy at dinner! Stupid carbs!! Worked at our Cub Scout campsite with the boys yesterday and my arms are like jello!! Also did my run on Friday morning after work so today I'm onto another one in about an hour!!

My Goals for June:
1. Lose 15 pounds!! Yes you read right!
2. Complete the schedule for my C25K. That means W7D2 will be finished on June 30th!
3. Try to walk on non-run days.
4. Up the arms/abs workouts.
5. Complete a 30 day squat challenge. -I have a hard time with this one!!!
6. Check in here with you good peeps daily!
7. ENJOY MY NEW JOB!!
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #9  
Stay Focused & Committed

Junebug - Happy Anniversary!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy June, friends!

GettinFit - thanks as always for getting us started! You've got some solid goals for this month.

Lacie - welcome. Glad to have you with us. Your meal plan for today sounds great. Sweet potato and shrimp salad...mmmm!

Hoopty - Safe travels back to Germany and best wishes to you and DH during this transition. In my experience, portion sizes in Europe are significantly smaller, so I can imagine it would be easier to be OP over there.

June - happy anniversary! you have the same anniversary as my parents!

Okay, so my goals for June:

1) Stick with lower-carb eating. I KNOW this is what works for me, so there is no reason not to do it. The carbs have been sneaking back in - a few crackers there, a piece of bread there, a slice of coffeecake offered by a friend - and I know that has been slowing down the scale. My biggest goal for this month is to limit carbs those in beans, lentils, seeds, nuts, and veggies like butternut squash and brussel sprouts, and really load up on veggies (lots of good greens coming out of the garden!), lean protein, dairy and low-GI fruits like berries and apples.

2) Do something active every day - take a yoga class, run, walk for at least 30 minutes, dance - something.

3) Post here at least five days out of seven.

4) I'm not going to set a scale-based goal, but I would like to be able to wear my size 10 Old Navy jeans out in public by the end of the month. I can now button and zip them, but they are tight and I think if I stay on track I'll be at a place where they will be reasonably comfortable.

We can do it!!!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #11  
Breathing.

Hello girls,

We booked the tickets this morning! We're leaving on Friday and we'll arrive on Saturday morning. What a stressful time this is! At first, I couldn't book any flights. The one that I had originally wanted was sold out after a day! Then, after I found a different one, my credit card didn't work, gaahhh! Now I have to get so many things done. I gotta cancel our gym membership ($58.00 buy-out fee, are you kidding?), I also have to obtain an apostille for our marriage certificate. We need to buy a 3rd suitcase because we have WAY too much stuff (which is gonna cost us an extra $41 airline luggage fee). My parents don't know yet. I'm gonna tell my Dad tomorrow since he's gonna have to pick us up.

I haven't been OP at all. And by that I mean, I don't have a regular eating schedule anymore. Today I had my first meal at 5pm. I'm so stressed out that I don't think about food. And then you know, because we're leaving soon I feel like I should eat all the foods that we don't have in Germany which is mostly all the cakey stuff and sweets So yeah, you can imagine how much junk I've had in the past couple of days though I was never too crazy high in calories.

junebug37 - Happy belated Anniversary!! I hope you two had a GREAT time yesterday!

GettinFit - Thanks so much, I appreciate your kind words!

SuperCecilia - Thank you so much! Portion sizes are definitely smaller over there. I'm very curious to see how all this will affect my body and weight. I hope your jeans will fit by the end of the month, I'm definitely crossing my fingers for you!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #12  

So yesterday I was really OP and low carb - a chard/cheddar omelette for breakfast, mashed cauliflower for a snack. Lentil salad over salad greens for lunch. Leftover black bean salad and more cauliflower for afternoon snack. Dinner was steamed broccoli with some olive oil, and a bunch of snap peas from the garden with hummus for dinner along with homemade hot cocoa with just a little sugar. I went for a long walk in the afternoon - not vigorous, but close to an hour so I figure what I lacked in speed I made up for in time.

Today I was rewarded by scale movement - 196.8! Woot! I am excited to be moving further into the 190s. I want to get to a place where even with scale fluctuations that are just part of life that that stupid "2" doesn't show up again.

OP so far today - Greek yogurt, berries, soymilk blended with broccoli leaves (just like chard or kale!) with chia seeds and cacao for breakfast, and a little organic pork sausage. Just had some mashed cauliflower for a snack, and planning on eggs with avocado and sweet red pepper for lunch. I KNOW that eating high protein, a good amount of fat, and low carb (especially avoiding simple carbs), paired with exercise is what works so I'm just DOING it. This way of eating has gotten me a more than 20 pound weight loss so far, and there's no reason it can't take me all the way to my goal!

Hoopty - hang in there and just do one task at a time and you will get things all squared away before your flight. Don't forget to breathe!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #13  

Hello Everyone.

I've been MIA for a day or so. I've been working on resumes and cover letters.....oy vey! It's too much! I really hope that after all of this work he'll start getting some interviews--and then a new position. Ugh.

I've been OP but I missed two days of exercise already....and I've got two rest days already built in so I only have one more rest day left for the whole month. I have a feeling I'm not meeting that goal of exercising 25/30 days.

I'm feeling stagnant and frustrated. The stupid scale won't move no matter what I do. I exercise more--no. I don't exercise--no. I eat less--no. I eat more--no. It's tickin' me off and zapping my motivation.

96 minutes of wfp.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #14  
Breathing.

Haven't been eating really...also no exercise. I'll be back on track once we got all settled at home.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #15  

Hi all,

OP yesterday and went and took a one hour, fifteen minute yoga class yesterday - an AWESOME way to end my work day. I think exercise is as important for my mental health as for my physical health. Wearing pants today that didn't used to fit. Scale today said 198.6 this morning, which is theoretically up two pounds from yesterday but fluctuations don't faze me. Just happy to not see the 2. Feeling like I am on track to be able to rock my size 10 Old Navy jeans by the end of this month! Nice weather today and plan on going for a run this evening. I planned ahead and already have tonight's dinner prepped - a crustless quiche with artichoke and broccoli, and a cold quinoa and veggie salad with fresh dill from the garden.

Hoopty - it just dawned on me to ask you...do you speak German?

Kaitie - Sorry to hear of your frustrations. I think once you are at a point when you have just a little left to lose, it happens way more slowly. I've heard the last fifteen pounds are the slowest to go (can't speak from experience as that is uncharted territory for me!) Good luck with all the resumes and cover letters.