Chicks up for a Challenge - Daily Challenge to Stay "On Plan" - Everyone is Welcome to Join

GettinFit
05-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Welcome Everyone:)

Our main goal on this thread is to stay ON PLAN (or OP for short) with whatever weight loss plan you're following.

Challenge:

1. Stay ON PLAN during the month. Challenge yourself to be OP with your eating & exercise daily. Be sure to come here and check in if you feel like you are going to go off-course and need some support!
2. Set a weight loss goal only if you feel comfortable doing so.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to do some form of exercise.
4. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THE THREAD and check in with us. The accountability is important and a great way to stay on track.

Anything else you’d like to track here, please do so! Feel free to track your daily eating, daily exercising...anything you'd like! We are here for each other because we're all here for a common goal: to be healthy, fit and happy!! For those who are struggling, why not re-commit and let today be your turnaround. WE CAN DO IT!

GettinFit
05-31-2013, 07:12 PM
My Goals are:

1. Continue tracking
2. Attend a WW meeting each week
3. Check in here daily
4. Workout at least 4 times a week
5. Drink at least 8 glassses of water daily
6. Stay focused and committed.
7. Do not obsess over the scale

laciemn
05-31-2013, 08:30 PM
My goals

=Avoid Empty and Excess Carbs
--Exercise 4x per week
--Limit diet soda
--Eat plenty of green vegetables
--Limit dairy

Today, I did pretty well. I got in my workout. For breakfast, 3 fried eggs and 2 pieces of toast. For lunch, I had 1 slice of bread with peanut butter, steamed fish and salad. For dinner, I'm going to have a sweet potato and shrimp salad with a couple tbs of hummus.

GettinFit
06-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the challenge laciemn. Glad you're off to a good start for the month of June!

Today wasn't one of my best days. I went to a concert in the park and I had a few too many snacks. I did get in a nice long walk today though. I will be back 100% OP tomorrow.

I hope everyone else is having a great day.

Hoopty
06-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Yay GettinFit, I've been waiting for the new thread all day long :rofl:

My June goals:

#1 - Get back to the 130s and slowly move towards the 120s and NOT GET BACK UP TO THE 140s, AGAIN!
#2 - Focus on my mid-section a little more (again!)
#3 - Of course, check with you guys every day! :) :hug:

Hoopty
06-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Taking the personals from May over to this thread:

GettinFit - Great goals, as usual! :) I hope you had a good time at the concert. Tomorrow is a new day!

SuperCecilia - You definitely had a very successful month which makes me very, very happy for you! :) Absolutely LOVE black beans! Wishing you lots of success for the month of June!

BonnieL - Congrats on your 5.8 lbs loss! :cheer2:

laciemn - Hello :wave: Sounds like you had a good day today! I like your goals, I'm avoiding empty and excess carbs too, they're evil :devil:

I wasn't OP today as I ate lots of ice cream, once slice of pizza and a couple of french fries. However, I got a good workout in. My total calories for the day: 2132.
On a good note: I hopped on the scale after my workout and guess what it said: 140.4 lbs :eek: That's a 2.2 lbs loss since yesterday. Weird. TOM should be here in just a few days and I've had a lot of junk food in the past couple of days. But hey - I'll take it! :D

As far as our situation is concerned: We are going to book our flight tomorrow! I'm hoping to get a non-stop flight since DH has flight anxiety. We finally managed to figure out what we're gonna do and Germany just seems to be the best option. I'm relieved. DH and I decided to enjoy our last week here in the US which also means that I HAVE to have some good old American food, lol! I'm not going to be too strict about my calories but I still want to workout as much as I can. Also, I have the feeling that it will be easier for me to stay OP in Germany (I had lost about 20 lbs in summer of 2011. My lowest weight was 123 lbs!). One thing that bothers me right now is that we have to find an affordable gym over there RIGHT AWAY!
Anywho - I'm glad I can provide you guys with some good news, finally!

Let's all have a HEALTHY and HAPPY month of June! :)

GettinFit
06-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Hello everyone,

Hoopty - Congrats on your loss and I hope things settle down pretty quick for you once you're in Germany. Great goals for this month too!

Today has been so so for me. I've eaten most of my Points and it's only about 1PM :( The weekends seem to be so challenging for me but I am going to work really hard to stay on track next weekend.

I hope everyone else is doing okay.

junebug37
06-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi all!! It's my anniversary today!! :val2: (12 years married)

Almost so OP for June 1- had a hush puppy at dinner! Stupid carbs!! Worked at our Cub Scout campsite with the boys yesterday and my arms are like jello!! Also did my run on Friday morning after work so today I'm onto another one in about an hour!!

My Goals for June:
1. Lose 15 pounds!! Yes you read right! :eek:
2. Complete the schedule for my C25K. That means W7D2 will be finished on June 30th! :running:
3. Try to walk on non-run days.
4. Up the arms/abs workouts. :lifter:
5. Complete a 30 day squat challenge. -I have a hard time with this one!!!
6. Check in here with you good peeps daily! :coffee:
7. ENJOY MY NEW JOB!!

GettinFit
06-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Junebug - :celebrate: Happy Anniversary!

SuperCecilia
06-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Happy June, friends!

GettinFit - thanks as always for getting us started! You've got some solid goals for this month.

Lacie - welcome. Glad to have you with us. Your meal plan for today sounds great. Sweet potato and shrimp salad...mmmm!

Hoopty - Safe travels back to Germany and best wishes to you and DH during this transition. In my experience, portion sizes in Europe are significantly smaller, so I can imagine it would be easier to be OP over there.

June - happy anniversary! you have the same anniversary as my parents!

Okay, so my goals for June:

1) Stick with lower-carb eating. I KNOW this is what works for me, so there is no reason not to do it. The carbs have been sneaking back in - a few crackers there, a piece of bread there, a slice of coffeecake offered by a friend - and I know that has been slowing down the scale. My biggest goal for this month is to limit carbs those in beans, lentils, seeds, nuts, and veggies like butternut squash and brussel sprouts, and really load up on veggies (lots of good greens coming out of the garden!), lean protein, dairy and low-GI fruits like berries and apples.

2) Do something active every day - take a yoga class, run, walk for at least 30 minutes, dance - something.

3) Post here at least five days out of seven.

4) I'm not going to set a scale-based goal, but I would like to be able to wear my size 10 Old Navy jeans out in public by the end of the month. I can now button and zip them, but they are tight and I think if I stay on track I'll be at a place where they will be reasonably comfortable.

We can do it!!!

Hoopty
06-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Hello girls,

We booked the tickets this morning! We're leaving on Friday and we'll arrive on Saturday morning. What a stressful time this is! At first, I couldn't book any flights. The one that I had originally wanted was sold out after a day! Then, after I found a different one, my credit card didn't work, gaahhh! Now I have to get so many things done. I gotta cancel our gym membership ($58.00 buy-out fee, are you kidding?), I also have to obtain an apostille for our marriage certificate. We need to buy a 3rd suitcase because we have WAY too much stuff (which is gonna cost us an extra $41 airline luggage fee). My parents don't know yet. I'm gonna tell my Dad tomorrow since he's gonna have to pick us up.

I haven't been OP at all. And by that I mean, I don't have a regular eating schedule anymore. Today I had my first meal at 5pm. I'm so stressed out that I don't think about food. And then you know, because we're leaving soon I feel like I should eat all the foods that we don't have in Germany which is mostly all the cakey stuff and sweets :D So yeah, you can imagine how much junk I've had in the past couple of days though I was never too crazy high in calories.

junebug37 - Happy belated Anniversary!! :) I hope you two had a GREAT time yesterday! :)

GettinFit - Thanks so much, I appreciate your kind words! :)

SuperCecilia - Thank you so much! :) Portion sizes are definitely smaller over there. I'm very curious to see how all this will affect my body and weight. I hope your jeans will fit by the end of the month, I'm definitely crossing my fingers for you! :)

SuperCecilia
06-04-2013, 11:24 AM
So yesterday I was really OP and low carb - a chard/cheddar omelette for breakfast, mashed cauliflower for a snack. Lentil salad over salad greens for lunch. Leftover black bean salad and more cauliflower for afternoon snack. Dinner was steamed broccoli with some olive oil, and a bunch of snap peas from the garden with hummus for dinner along with homemade hot cocoa with just a little sugar. I went for a long walk in the afternoon - not vigorous, but close to an hour so I figure what I lacked in speed I made up for in time.

Today I was rewarded by scale movement - 196.8! Woot! I am excited to be moving further into the 190s. I want to get to a place where even with scale fluctuations that are just part of life that that stupid "2" doesn't show up again. :)

OP so far today - Greek yogurt, berries, soymilk blended with broccoli leaves (just like chard or kale!) with chia seeds and cacao for breakfast, and a little organic pork sausage. Just had some mashed cauliflower for a snack, and planning on eggs with avocado and sweet red pepper for lunch. I KNOW that eating high protein, a good amount of fat, and low carb (especially avoiding simple carbs), paired with exercise is what works so I'm just DOING it. This way of eating has gotten me a more than 20 pound weight loss so far, and there's no reason it can't take me all the way to my goal!

Hoopty - hang in there and just do one task at a time and you will get things all squared away before your flight. Don't forget to breathe!

Kaitie9399
06-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Hello Everyone.

I've been MIA for a day or so. I've been working on resumes and cover letters.....oy vey! It's too much! I really hope that after all of this work he'll start getting some interviews--and then a new position. Ugh.

I've been OP but I missed two days of exercise already....and I've got two rest days already built in so I only have one more rest day left for the whole month. I have a feeling I'm not meeting that goal of exercising 25/30 days.

I'm feeling stagnant and frustrated. The stupid scale won't move no matter what I do. I exercise more--no. I don't exercise--no. I eat less--no. I eat more--no. It's tickin' me off and zapping my motivation.

96 minutes of wfp.

Hoopty
06-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Haven't been eating really...also no exercise. I'll be back on track once we got all settled at home.

SuperCecilia
06-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi all,

OP yesterday and went and took a one hour, fifteen minute yoga class yesterday - an AWESOME way to end my work day. I think exercise is as important for my mental health as for my physical health. Wearing pants today that didn't used to fit. Scale today said 198.6 this morning, which is theoretically up two pounds from yesterday but fluctuations don't faze me. Just happy to not see the 2. Feeling like I am on track to be able to rock my size 10 Old Navy jeans by the end of this month! Nice weather today and plan on going for a run this evening. I planned ahead and already have tonight's dinner prepped - a crustless quiche with artichoke and broccoli, and a cold quinoa and veggie salad with fresh dill from the garden.

Hoopty - it just dawned on me to ask you...do you speak German?

Kaitie - Sorry to hear of your frustrations. I think once you are at a point when you have just a little left to lose, it happens way more slowly. I've heard the last fifteen pounds are the slowest to go (can't speak from experience as that is uncharted territory for me!) Good luck with all the resumes and cover letters.

Hoopty
06-05-2013, 11:53 AM
SuperCecilia - Yes I can speak German, I was born and raised there and lived there all my life :) Shesshhh, your dinner for today sounds SO good! Do you plan on posting goal pictures here on 3FC? I was thinking about it (though I wouldn't show my face for obvious reasons)....we'll see!

Just woke up from a deep sleep. Yesterday was a horrible day! I was so bored and only had ice cream, 3 bananas and 5 crackers (oh man I know....TERRIBLE!) and my total calories came out to 1050. I was home alone the entire time and couldn't start to pack yet because we need another suitcase which we are getting today.
DH and I plan on going to the diner one more time before we leave. Can't wait!

Have a great day everyone!

GettinFit
06-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Hi everyone - My laptop crashed 2 days ago and I've not been able to log on at home since Sunday. I am doing a quick check in from work but don't have time to read all the posts. I will try and do so from my smartphone when I get home today. I'm having a pretty good day and I brought my clothes to go walk after work.

I hope you all are having a great day and I'll catch up later.

Kaitie9399
06-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Hello Everyone,

Still stuck at 174. It's my nemesis. Short of not eating ever I don't know what to do to get this stupid scale to move down.

45 minutes of wfp and I took the dog for a walk.

:-( not happy.

Hoopty
06-06-2013, 02:44 AM
Hello girls,

GettinFit - Ugh, I hate having problems with the laptop. I hope you can get it fixed soon!

Kaitie9399 - Plateaus suck. I hate them. It makes you wanna give up...it's super frustrating :mad: I hope you'll see a movement soon!

I got most of our stuff packed. We bought a 3rd big suitcase today but we're probably gonna have to get another small one.
My eating was terrible. I had a whole pint of Ben&Jerry's plus a small can of baked beans plus one pack of frozen vegetables and then DH and I decided to go to the gym. I was SO full, oh my! I ran the treadmill for the first time since my foot pain but I had to stop after 15 min because my stomach and knees hurt really, really bad. Well, DH and I hadn't planned on going to the gym, it was a spontaneous thing, and if I had known I wouldn't have eaten so so so much! Anyways, I got a good workout in and did an extra 33 min on the arc trainer. Scale said 141.2 lbs with no BM today and all that crap in my belly. I can't complain.
I was actually craving fresh and healthy food after the gym. I've been eating a lot of chocolate and ice cream lately and my body is definitely telling me to stop.

Anyways, I gotta get a few things done tomorrow. I can't believe DH and I are leaving in 2 days already! (Well, 1.5 considering that it's already almost 3 in the morning now, lol!)

Hope everybody is sleeping tight!

SuperCecilia
06-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Good morning friends. I was down .8 of a pound today so am at 196, for an even 22 pounds lost since the middle of February. I also went and took a tough yoga class last night and realized I am not at the point fitness-wise to be able to do class two days in a row since my muscles were still fatigued. Still, I stayed focused and took the class and did the best I could and didn't let the fact that all the other students were 21 year olds with BMIs of 19 get to me. :) This morning I was trying on some clothes that I've been hanging on to to wear for when I was at a lower weight (some of them for years) and I'm happy with how many of them look on me. I have a dress I wore to a wedding when I was at my lowest adult weight in 2004 (185 pounds) and it looks pretty good and motivates me to keep going. So I'm feeling positive and energized. Had leftover crustless quiche for breakfast and here at my desk with a class of water so off to a good start.

Hoopty - Sounds like you've got the German-speaking covered. :) It's good to crave healthy and fresh food - it's a sign that your body is communicating what it wants and needs. Best wishes with your last minute prep! To answer your question, I've thought about posting no-face photos. I do other work on the internet so want to make sure it all stays anonymous. We'll see.

GettinFit - tech problems are no fun. Sounds like you are on track.

Kaitie - I hear your frustration. Hang in there!

Kaitie9399
06-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Hello Everyone!

Hallelujah the scale moved. 173.4

OP for the day and did 65 minutes of wfp.

Tomorrow is my students band competition at Great Adventure. It's supposed to rain the whole freakin' day. Yeah. :-/

Hoopty: I hope life settles down for you soon, transitions are so hard and all consuming of your time.

Happy Rainy Friday Everyone!

SuperCecilia
06-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Teeny-tiny loss to report - from 196 yesterday to 195.8 this morning. I'll take it. :) OP yesterday, and no real exercise but after doing tough yoga classes two days in a row I needed a bit of a break. I'm planning on taking another class in about an hour (hooray for being able to flex my work hours!)

Kaitie - so happy for you that you broke through the plateau. I know, it is raining here all day today, too. Hope the competition goes well!

Kaitie9399
06-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Happy Soggy Friday Everyone!

Went to the Festival and will go to Great Adventure on the 12th instead. Oy vey, DC on the 11th and Great Adventure on the 12th....Cranky kids and cranky me.

Slightly high OP for the day and 65 minutes of wfp.

The scale moved again, it's a miracle! 173.0. We'll see about tomorrow.

Happy Saturday!

junebug37
06-08-2013, 01:08 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been away for a few days! The computer orientation started this week and I have been slam packed!

Katie- Yay the scale moved..and moved again!!

Hoopty Safe travels!! Check in when you can!

SuperCecilia- Great job looking at all victories, not just scale ones!! No matter what the numbers are if you feel better and are happier that counts for a lot!! Now it's almost like NEW CLOTHES! :carrot:

GettingFit- That stinks about your computer!! :mad:

Ok, I have had an awesome OP week!! I had lots of salads and everything! Yum! I was working M-F at the new job and have learned so much! I am so excited to go on the floor next week!!

Weigh in was yesterday and I got to sign the 30 pounds lost board!!!! :dance: So total weight lost is: 30.5!! The center did measurements again (last ones done was May 3rd) and I lost 8.5 inches in a month!! Total inches lost is: 39.25!!! I also completed my scheduled runs with C25K, even going before work 2 days this week! Go me!

It has really been a great week

:dancer:= 5 pounds lost

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

GettinFit
06-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all having a great weekend. I've not been able to post because my laptop crashed & I can't post from work. My week hasn't been the greast but I am re-grouping today. So far its been a good day. I am reminding myself of the reasons I want/need to lose weight. I hope you all have a great Saturday.

Hoopty
06-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Big Hello from Germany!

We got here safely, though our first flight was delayed by about an hour due to the storm on the east coast. We transferred in London and are now home, all safe and sound :) However, our 3 suitcases are still in London because of that delay!!! Arrghhh, I'm so mad! Hopefully they will deliver them tonight, we need our stuff :(

I am so beyond tired. DH is OUT and probably will be for another couple of hours.
Don't even get me started on my eating. My plan is to get settled first, take care of everything important and then I'll go back to being fully OP with both food and exercise.
My Mom and I went grocery shopping before and I am pleasantly surprised at how affordable certain foods are over here. I got a whole container of blueberries for only 1.29€! Cottage Cheese is only 0.69€! But the best of all - I can finally drink tap water again, yaayyyy! :D

Congrats to all of you for dropping some pounds! :cb: I hope I can join you soon! :D

GettinFit
06-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Hoopty - I'm glad you made it safely back go Germany. I hope you're all settled in very soon.

I'm having a good day so far. Eating has been good and I've been drinking lots of water today. I finally got my laptop running again. It took me almost 4 hours to restore it :( I'm just happy that I got it working and won't have to pay a technician. Thankfully I keep all my discs so I could restore all my software.

Junebug - I'm glad you've had a great week. I hope next Saturday I'll be saying the same thing:) Keep up the great work.

Hi Kaitie & Cecilia - I hope you ladies are having a great Saturday.

Kaitie9399
06-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Good Evening Everyone--well, good early morning to you Hoopty!

OP for the day and did 90 minutes of wfp. Hallelujah the scale moved again. I hope it keeps on moving! I officially changed my goal date. There's no way that I can lose 12.8 pounds by June 30. So, I'm going for July 20th. It'll be ok. As long as it keeps coming off I should be happy.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday, the rain finally let up here in Jersey--seriously, there was just something depressing about yesterday's storm. I can't put my finger on it but other people said that it was a sad rain too. Weird. Anyway, time for bed! Night!

lilmisschattabox
06-09-2013, 03:58 AM
This thread sounds like it could be just what I need if I can join in too!?

I really need some motivation to stay OP!!!! My lack of willpower is pathetic right now. My official Day 1 is tomorrow so I'm going to need both willpower and motivation!!

GettinFit
06-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Good morning everyone,

lilmisschattabox- :welcome: to the thread. You can do it!!! Just take it one day at a time and check in as often as you can.

Kaitie - I'm glad the rain stopped for you and great job on having such a great OP Saturday!

I finally had a good OP day yesterday. I ate good, drank lots of water and did some yard work for exercise. So far today is going good and I got out and did an early 2 mile walk. I'm feeling really strong.

Today's journal
B: Rasin Bran, skim milk, coffee
L: SmartOne, 1 pc Dove dk choc
D: Tuna on light wheat toast, tomato, WW snack bar
S: WW Popped Chips, watermelon
Exercise: Walked 2 miles

Hoopty
06-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Hello everyone!

It's a little after midnight over here and I'm not tired at all because I slept all day. The airport crew delivered our luggage today at around 5pm, yay!

My Mom has a new scale that shows the weight in kilograms AND pounds which is pretty cool. I hopped on this morning and it said 141 lbs so I'm not too far off. I'm gonna start my official weigh-ins in maybe about a week from now, I'd say once I'm back on a regular sleeping and eating schedule.
About exercising: DH and I have decided to use the dumbbells and barbells that we have here at home instead of going to the gym. We're gonna go jogging on a trail behind our house and once I work I'll be riding my bike there and back (about 2.4 miles each way).

Kaitie9399 - That storm was weird. It made me feel uncomfortable but that could've been from all the stress. I'm glad the scale is finally moving for you! Keep up the good work :)

GettinFit - Phew, thank God you got your Laptop working again! Mine is making such loud noises, it overheats very fast! Good job on being OP!

lilmisschattabox - Hello! :wave: That's what we're here for! What eating/exercise plan do you follow?

Time to update my journal and then I'm gonna make myself some hot tea and paint my nails.

Kaitie9399
06-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Hello Everyone!

OP for the day. No exercise, I was doing genealogy work and helping my husband do some resumes.

This week is going to be CRAZY! Tomorrow is a normal day but Tuesday I'm going on a trip to Washington DC with my students and then the very next day I'm going to Great Adventure with them...(rain date from last Friday) and then on Friday its out schools Carnival/Field Day. Argh!!

Have a great Monday everyone!

lilmisschattabox
06-10-2013, 04:13 AM
I SAID NO TO CHOCOLATE!!! So I consider that a good Day 1!! I just about cried... but I didn't have any!!

I'm trying to cut out wheat, some dairy, sugar & processed foods at the moment. I'm hoping if I start feeling healthier it will motivate me a bit more to keep going and get back into regular exercise... then the weight will start moving!! That's the idea anyway :)

What does everyone else follow?

SuperCecilia
06-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Happy Monday morning!

I'm happy to share I had another "whoosh" over the weekend - from 195.8 to 194.4. I am officially closer to 190 than to 200, and close to the 25 pounds gone mark! This morning a colleague told me how skinny I was looking. I wasn't totally OP over the weekend - DBF and I went out to a local pizza place and split a ten inch pizza - way more carbs than I would usually have, but it was balanced with some fat and protein. I took a walk yesterday evening but had to cut it short when it started to pour rain - there are flood watches in my area.

Littlemiss - welcome to the thread! It's good to have you. Congrats on saying no to chocolate. To answer your question, I am following a low-carbish plan - no sugar and processed food. I don't officially count carbs, but eat very little grains (bread, rice, potatoes, etc) and focus on veggies, protein, dairy, seeds, nuts, beans, lentils, etc. So typical breakfast could be omelette with cheese and veggies, or greek yogurt with seeds/nuts and berries. Lunch or dinner could be fish with salad, beans and greens, a hamburger without the bun with a bunch of steamed veggies. Snacks are cottage cheese, nuts, leftovers. I find I get much less hungry eating this way. I have insulin resistance so lower carb = more balanced blood sugar which means both appetite and mood are more balanced. I'm down 23.4 pounds since mid-February.

Hoopty - glad that you arrived safely! Best wishes to you in getting over jetlag and settling in.

Kaitie - almost to the end of the school year!

GettinFit - glad the computer is back online!

GettinFit
06-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Hello everyone and Happy Monday.

Cecillia - You are doing an awesome job!!! Before you know it, you'll be in the 180s.

Hoopty - I'm glad you're getting settled in.

lilmisschattabox - Great job on saying NO to chocolate! That's a big step. Keep up the good work.

Another OP day for me and I did a WATP DVD after work.

I hope everyone has a great evening.

Kaitie9399
06-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

Not OP for the day. There was a bridal shower at work and I had a piece of cake with way too much frosting--yes I took a lot of it off but still, I didn't feel great after eating it. Too much. I also went with my dh to a work gathering and they had some tortellini thing, only had a little but they considered that 'dinner' and I'm sorry, but 3 pieces of tortellini and picky veggies is not dinner so we got wraps and chips. Not terrible but not great.

Tomorrow is Washington DC and I don't know why but I was super afraid of being deprived of food that I got: a soda, a king size caramello, a six pack of oreos, peanuts, and combos. It's funny, I packed it all up and threw in an apple. Yeah, like the apple is going to counteract all that crap. I can't explain it, but I felt like I might get hungry and shaky and not have anything to stop the shakes. IDK.

Anyway, I will see you all on Wednesday night so Happy Tuesday and Wednesday everyone!

lilmisschattabox
06-11-2013, 04:12 AM
Day 2 and still resisted the chocolate.. And I was running around so much at work, I'm hoping it's actually gonna start moving some of this weight!!

supercecelia that sounds quite similar to what I'm following, I just need to keep OP!!!

Hoopty
06-11-2013, 04:43 AM
Hello girls,

I'm suffering from some serious jetlag. Also, there are so many things I have to get done and I'm really stressing out over everything. It's making me wanna eat all day long :( Still haven't figured out my job situation yet. The boss will be in tomorrow though, so I'm gonna find out then.
I hope I can get back on track with LIFE very soon.

lilmisschattabox - Congrats on resisting chocolate! Take one step at a time. Nobody said it was easy :) To answer your question - I try to avoid carbs, meat and dairy as much as I can! Other than that my focus is on fresh fruits & veggies, lots of protein from legumes and good fats.

Kaitie9399 - Have fun on your trip! I hope you'll be back with good news regarding your food intake.

SuperCecilia - Another whoosh? You're on a roll! :cheer:

GettinFit - I hope you had another OP day!

Have a great day guys!

SuperCecilia
06-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Good morning friends. Thanks for all your encouraging words. I was OP yesterday, and went and took a yoga class last night after a busy day at work (seriously, how much do I love my work-study set up at the yoga studio...there is no way I could afford this many yoga classes otherwise). I'm happy with my progress and need to make sure I don't get complacent - "oh, I'm doing so well and have lost so much, so it's okay if I have this plate of spaghetti, this bowl of ice cream, etc." (Does this happen to anyone else? Feeling like you "deserve" it or you can let up on your efforts when you've had a loss?) I know what works for me and need to keep working it! I am very excited to get to the 180s...haven't been there in almost ten years!

Hoopty - so many changes happening in your life right now. Break things down into baby steps and try to not worry about everything at once - that's what works for me when I am feeling stressed and overwhelmed. Hang in there!

Kaitie - Hope that you enjoy DC! How did you do with eating while you were away?

Lilmiss - congrats on day 2 of chocolate resistance. I've found what works for me when I want chocolate is that I make homemade hot cocoa: organic skim milk with 2 Tbsp of cocoa powder and just a bit of sugar or honey. It does the trick of giving me something chocolately and comforting without overdoing the carbs or the calories.

GettinFit - congrats on workout and OP day!

Kaitie9399
06-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Hello Everyone!

DC was fun, the bus driver was a nightmare! but I have a major NSV!!!! I was not only able to make it through the 3 miles of walking that we did today but I was not even tired when we were done. All the other chaperones were dragging anchor and complaining of hurting feet or sore muscles but NOT ME!!! The only thing that hurt on my body were my ears and that was because my sunglasses were a little tight. Other than that, I was the leader of the pack and moving and shaking like the 4th and 5th graders--better than them actually! I never even had to stop and catch my breathe!! Wahoo! I'm in shape!! Yahoo!!!

Not OP. What is it about bus rides that just make you REALLY hungry? I had a small bag of combos, a king size caramello, and a little bit of soda--other than that I did pretty well. Thanks for asking!

Time for bed, I have another trip in less than 8 hours! We'll see if I'm still gung ho about my nsv tomorrow.... :-) hahahahaha

SuperCecilia
06-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Hi all!

Kaitie - congrats on your NSV! Regardless of a scale number or a pants size, having a higher energy level and more stamina on long, busy days with lots of walking is a huge victory. Good for you.

I was not OP yesterday - I was at a lunch where Cheez-its were served (Cheez-its are EVIL - of all the addictive salty/crunchy/processed carb snacks out there, they are the worst) and I had two handfuls. Then I went to a work meeting and someone passed around chocolate and I had more than one serving. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a binge or anything, but definitely enough for the scale to register a higher number this morning. I also have a big, time-consuming stressful project going on at work this week which doesn't help matters. No excuses, though! No more self-sabotage!

BUT the good news is that I am OP so far today - Greek yogurt with berries and seeds for breakfast, cottage cheese for snack, and lots of veggies and tofu for lunch. I won't get a workout in today since it's just not possible time-wise, but should be able to get one in tomorrow.

Kaitie9399
06-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I survived my double school trip days! Wahoo! I had just as much energy today and now that I just got home and sat down I feel like I have lots more! I know better than to think of doing wfp however. I may have energy but I do need to rest sometime! I probably walked 2 miles today.

Anyway! Definitely NOT OP, two days in a row but that was expected. You can't really be OP at an amusement park. I had fries and pizza and a cupcake. It'll be ok.

I had to laugh SuperCecilia, for the past three bus trips I've taken (all within4 days of each other) the school has packed a sandwich and cheez-its. Yum!

Anyway, off to rest a bit, maybe turn on the tv--gasp! I haven't watched tv in two days!

GettinFit
06-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Hello everyone,

Just a quick check in to say hi and I'm hanging in there. No change on the scale so that tells me that I need to step up my game. I need to cut out sugar for a while and watch the carbs.

I hope you all have a great evening.

junebug37
06-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Hi friends! I am exhausted! Worked 3 12 hour day shifts in a row at the new hospital! I am run ragged!! I have been OP all weekend and the work days!! Huge victory cause usually at the end of a long day I crave something bad for me but I did great this week. I must have walked 10 miles each day and its a good thing cause obviously there was no time for exercising! I will probably have a weigh in tomorrow so I'm hoping for some loss!! Just wanted to update really quick tonight! Time for some sleep!! Have a great Thursday!!

:wave:= 5 pounds

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

lilmisschattabox
06-13-2013, 04:45 AM
**** day at work yesterday, but today was better and now I've got three days off. I have managed to stay pretty much OP though yay! I'm going to brave the scales tomorrow... Hoping it shows SOME kind of downward movement!!

SuperCecilia
06-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Good morning friends

Lilmiss - enjoy your days off! Hope you get some downtime!

Junebug - Hope you can get some rest, too. Congrats on being OP during days of working tons of hours!

Kaitie - OMG, I would not want to be on a bus with a box of cheez-its...lol. Sounds like you were able to stay active while being on the trips.

GettinFit - Best wishes in stepping things up. Cutting out sugar at least for a while should jumpstart things, at least it always does for me. You can do it!

So I posted in "weight loss support" about my habit of self-defeating behavior of going OP after the scale recording a loss. I think I am going to not weigh for the next several days and just focus on eating and exercise. If I have a high number, I get bummed, and if I have a low number, I am happy but then use that as an excuse to go off plan. So - focus on behavior, not on the scale, and see how things go.

Anyway, I was OP yesterday until dinner - I had a volunteer dinner that was spaghetti and garlic bread. I had a reasonable portion of pasta, and a nice serving of salad, but ate more bread than I should have. But looking ahead to the next few days and don't see anything that should derail me. We're expecting a big severe storm today in Virginia so not sure if that will allow me to get out for a run - if not, will find some way to be active today.

Hoopty
06-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Hello everyone!

Just a quick check-in:

I was at my old job today and talked to the new boss. I'm gonna start working again tomorrow, yay!!! :) I'm so happy and relieved :) I feel like things will start to feel normal again soon, I can't wait!

Also, yesterday was my first OP day in weeks. I didn't have any chocolate or sweets and stuck to healthy food all day long. It was really hard for me to resist at one point but I managed to say no (with the help of DH :) )

Oh! And an old co-worker of mine told me that I had lost weight :) She didn't (and still doesn't) know that I want to be healthy and that I'm trying to get fit so I guess she wasn't just saying it to be nice :carrot:

Will be back with personals later. Have a great day everyone!

junebug37
06-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Ugh so the scale didn't move!! Silver lining: no gain! I guess that can be my focus!! I have so much to do so no time for personals! No time for anything! LOL! I know the main problem with the scale this week was my lack of hydration at the new job. I am not allowed to carry a water bottle in the hallways during patient care (and wouldn't really want to ICK) so I will have to make myself take little breaks throughout the day to get in more water. I think once things settle down some I will be ok. Not going to get frustrated at how hard I worked to stay OP with seemingly no payoff. Just going to focus on what I have accomplished.

The temps here are in the high 90's and heat index is around 120 so the natives like me are either in the water or in the AC! Hoping to get some gym time later today! Have a good one all!

:cool:= 5 pounds
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

lilmisschattabox
06-13-2013, 05:12 PM
The scale moved, the scale moved :belly: yay!! 83.2kg (183lb) so about a 2 & 1/2 lb loss. Not much but it's a start!!

Kaitie9399
06-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Hello Everyone and Happy Thursday!

OP for the day and did 50 minutes of wfp.

DH has an interview tomorrow and he is seriously nervous. Poor guy, I've never seen him nervous and tense like this before (and we've been married for a very long time!) Any, everyone cross your fingers that he does well.

I'm glad to see that the rest of you are doing well, moving scales, and op days, and new old jobs!

Happy Friday!!

junebug37
06-14-2013, 08:51 AM
Having some issues! Mostly being my scale yesterday and all the hard work I have gone through and now my "plan" will be over soon and I'm not close to my goal of 50 pounds lost. I am getting discouraged. I really need some motivation. Heres my vent/whine!
1. I have no energy. I have to do homework, clean my home and make sure I have meals planned for the week today. We also have our trophy party tomorrow and I have to prepare for that!
2. I have let the cravings seep back in. Had a few bites of a donut. And then skipped my plan supper. I don't know what the problem is!!! No motivation right now.
3. My grandparents needed my vehicle today so no gym time and one of my boys is sick so I'm stressed about that too. :(

I'm really overwhelmed. If I could I would drop my class right now. And try to focus more on my goals. I need more time every day!!

Ok, whining over for now. I can always tell when my resolve is slipping..... this time I didn't try very hard to stop it.

Any motivation would be helpful! :bomb:

Hoopty
06-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Good evening girls,

I'm happy to report that I've been OP both yesterday and today :) Also, I worked today, for the first time in a little over a year, and it felt amazing! I rode my bike there and back (total of about 5 miles) and it was pretty busy today so I was running around doing stuff for 4.5 hours.

My only problem is that I haven't been sleeping right. This jetlag is pretty bad. I fall asleep at around 11pm and wake up at 3:30am, it's horrible. Hopefully, now that I'm working again, I'll be back on schedule soon.

Tomorrow we're having a family BBQ. My Mom bought so much cake and ice cream and she's making her famous fruit salad which contains lots of sweetened condensed milk. It's sooo good though and I plan on having a little of everything. They're doing this for us so I'm not gonna sit there and refuse to eat.

junebug37 - Here's a big internet hug for you: :hug: Take a step back and breathe. We all have those days where it feels like nothing works in our favor. You've lost a significant amount of weight so far! Think about it, that's awesome! And you can do it again and go down even further. I hope your boy feels better soon.

lilmisschattabox - Congrats! :cheer2: A loss is a loss and that means you're doing something right! Keep up the good work.

Kaitie9399 - Crossing fingers for you guys! Also - congrats on your NSV! :)

SuperCecilia - Cheez-its ARE evil. I can never stop eating them and I'm so glad we don't have those over here :D By the way: I experienced the same problem - thinking that I've done so great so far that I can eat a donut here and some chocolate there and it won't hurt me. When in fact, I was gaining and gaining and gained almost half of the weight back. I like your approach about all this. Not weighing yourself and focusing on sticking to a routine.

It's 12:30pm over here. I just slept for 2 hours, gah. Now I'll be up all night, I know it. Anyways, have a great evening!

GettinFit
06-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Hello everyone and Happy Friday.

Junebug - Hang in there and the scale is going to go down.

Hoopty - Congrats on the job and its good things are settling down for you.

lilmiss - Congrats on the scale moving :carrot:

Kaitie - I hope your DH's interview went well and hopefully, he'll get the job.

I've had 2 more good days of eating & exercise. I just finished a 2 mile walk and I'm feeling really good. I am so determined to get below 220 this week.

Kaitie9399
06-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

Not OP for the day and I didn't get to exercise. I feel like May and June have been a big bust for me. I think my resolve is waning because the scale isn't moving. I should be in the mid 160's by now and yet here I am still poppin' up to 173. I guess I need to try harder and do better with my food.

DH's interview was a mere 15 minutes. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing--although I mostly think it's a bad thing (but I didn't tell him that). He was the last interview of the day and they had done 9 before him, unfortunately the interview panel just wanted to be done and over so he got the shaft. Either way it was good practice, now that his first interview is out of the way maybe he won't be so nervous for the next one on Thursday.

Ok, I'm going to try and buckle down and refocus--at the very least I would like to see 169.8 before the end of June. 2 weeks to drop 3.2 pounds is completely do-able.

Went to see 'Man of Steel'--it was long and uneventful and then when it did get eventful it was just 'end of the world', tear up the entire city malarkey. I don't like that kind of stuff.

Anyway, Happy Saturday!

GettinFit
06-15-2013, 07:04 AM
Good morning everyone,

Boy am I glad it's Saturday. I am planning on another good day of eating and working out. I'm going to be doing a Firm DVD as soon as I log off.

Kaitie - I'm with you on May & the first half of June being a big bust. We have 2 weeks left in June so let's challenge each other to stay OP. My goal is to get out of the 220s before the end of the month. WE CAN DO IT!!!

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

junebug37
06-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Hoopty & GettinFit: Thanks for the encouragement.

I still have zero energy and ate more crap yesterday than I have in 3 months! I'm literally disgusted! BUT today is a new day and I'm starting it out right!

Have a great weekend everyone!! :cool:

SuperCecilia
06-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Happy Saturday, friends. FYI I won't be posting for the next couple of days - DBF and I are going on vacation to the beach on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. We're hoping to rent bikes, and do a lot of walking so it shouldn't be too hard to build in exercise. And fresh seafood is low-carb. I've had a busy few weeks at work, so has DBF, so looking forward to getting some time away.

So far I am liking my new technique of just focusing on staying on plan and staying away from the scale. I figure I will weigh next week and see where things are at. I do trust that if I stick to plan, I will lose, and dealing with the scale seems to create head games that only complicate the process. It helps that we have lots of wonderful veggies from the garden (lettuces, spinach, green onions, beets, kale, etc) so it is easy to build my meals around that. I did do some baking for a work meeting (blueberry muffins and pumpkin loaf) but used almond flour which is much lower carb than wheat flour, and a low sugar recipe, so it feels okay to eat some.

June - Sorry to hear that you have been feeling frustrated. We all go through periods like this when life just seems like too much to handle with trying to be mindful of eating and working out, too. Hang in there and try to make at least one choice a day that you can be proud of and celebrate - resisting a food temptation, taking the stairs over the elevator, drinking more water. Success breeds success, and positive momentum will be created even with the smallest of good choices, IMO.

GettinFit - hope you enjoyed your DVD workout!

Kaitie - I hope the interview went well for your husband. Whenever I don't have scale movement, I try to reframe it as "I'm practicing maintenance" which helps me to feel less disappointment.

Hoopty - jetlag is rough. I have a friend from Korea who uses melatonin when she travels, maybe that would help? Congrats on your bike ride, that sounds great!

Lilmiss - congrats! That is a big loss. Obviously what you are doing is working.

Enjoy the weekend everybody! I'll touch base on Thursday when I'm back from my trip.

lilmisschattabox
06-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Well I have been a bit off plan for the last couple of days... But I had a surprise on Friday night when I got proposed to :) So there's been some celebratory drinks! So going to attempt to be a bit more OP today and back into it definitely tomorrow.

It's nice being able to come back to 3FC and getting encouragement/inspiration :) Hope everyone is doing okay and getting back/sticking to OP!!

Kaitie9399
06-15-2013, 10:55 PM
:cheer: Congratulations lilmisschattabox!!!! :cheer:

OP for the day and did 40 minutes of wfp.

Happy Sunday!

EDIT: F.I.N.A.L.L.Y!!!!! I have officially lost 35 pounds!!!! Yeah!!! Look, I got to add my little sun to my signature! Wahoo!!! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!

laceyj
06-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Happy Father's Day to everyone! I saw this thread and was hoping I could join! I have about 7 pounds I want to lose and had a terrible April and May and fell a little off track. I am proud of myself, I have worked out 6 times this week even though my eating wasn't perfect. Now I just need to focus more on my calorie count. The problem is I've been trying to eat intuitively as obsessive calorie counting has really limited me socially and also contributed to some binge eating episodes.

LilMis: Congratulations!!!! That is really good news and I can't think of a better time to be off plan! Don't you dare feel bad about that :)

Katie: I hope things work out for your husband and interviews. I was also wondering about Man of Steel so maybe I won't waste my money on that!

GettinFit
06-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Hello everyone,

Lilmiss - :congrats: on your engagement! I hope you're having a good day so far.

laceyj :welcome: I also had a gad April & May but I"m turning it around this month. It's hard to get back in the groove but I'm taking it one day at a time. I've had one pretty decent week so far. I hope you're doing okay today.

Kaitie - Congrats on losing 35 pounds! That is an awesome accomplishment. Keep up the great work.

Cecilia - Enjoy your vacation!

Hello Junebug & Hoopty

So far I've had a good day. I did a Firm DVD this morning and I may do a walk or another DVD this evenng.

I hope you all finish the day strong :carrot:

Kaitie9399
06-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Lacey: Hello! I've got my fingers crossed that something is going to happen with all those resumes. First interview was really short. Dang. Short isn't good but don't tell my DH that. He has another interview on Thursday, more residential type district than the last interview so here's hoping.

Happy Father's Day Everyone!

High OP for the day, nothing terrible just a few extra calories. I did 62 minutes of wfp.

Tomorrow all my classes are doing Jump Rope for Heart so, easy day. Wednesday are Kindergarten and 5th grade graduation, easy, Thursday is Field Day, another easy day. I only really have to teach on Tuesday and Friday and they are already my keyboard days and they are on auto-pilot. Sweet last full week of school!

*Happy Monday Everyone!*

Hoopty
06-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Gaaah, have been terrible with personals, I'll get better, I promise!

Saturday + Sunday were totally off plan. We had the family BBQ on Saturday which was awesome. But I reached for a lot of left over cake on Sunday.

However, I managed to stay OP today, rode my bike for a total of 30min and was on my feet all day long. I'm hoping for an acceptable weigh-in on Saturday.

Have a great week girls!

BonnieL
06-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Hi everyone - Missed you guys!

I've been away on an 8 day overeating feast . I think maybe it is PMS related, but I wish I didn't go off track like this. Part of me felt like I've lost too much (all emotional feelings b/c I have way more I need to lose) and part of it was intense cravings. Also I was traveling for part of it, which is always harder for me. I think if I was at home I could have cut it off a few days sooner. I ate lots of bad stuff, and by the end was up 11 pounds! I've been somewhat OP for 8 days now, and 6 of the 11 are gone. I'm really struggling. I keep wanting to eat sugary food!!! And carbs, but I haven't for the 8 days. I can't seem to get fully back on plan, I've been doing some things, like calories and no sugar or starchy foods, but I have not been doing all my exercise or everything else I was doing before. Feel like I can easily go way off plan for a long time now & it is really hard to hang on, but I'm trying to do as much as I can and hope I will be able to get fully on track soon.

Ugh! Why do I do this to myself???

Hoopty - glad you made it safely to Germany & that you found a job so quick!

GettinFit
06-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Hello everyone,

Today was pretty good for me. I ate decent and I did a Firm workout tonight. I was offered a cupcake at work from my favorite bakery. At first I said yes but then I thought about it and said NO. It felt good to say no.

Hoopty - I've been terible with personals too and I'm going to do better. Since I started this new job I'm so busy during the day that I can't log in and when I get home, I have so much to do that I don't have much time. I am going to make sure I check in every day though.

Have a great evening everyone and let's all stay 100% OP:carrot:

Kaitie9399
06-18-2013, 10:44 PM
I seriously am sick and tired of all the bs that has been happening this year. I'm so done with it all. S.O. D.O.N.E.!!!!!

OP for the day and did 63 minutes of wfp.

People annoy me.

lilmisschattabox
06-19-2013, 03:18 AM
Haha Kaitie9399. People annoy me too!!!

Did go a little bit off plan today with a little bit of chocolate and a moccachino... but otherwise have been relatively good. I'm hoping my slips don't affect the scale, but it's so hard for me to tell at the moment if I'm gaining or losing...

I'm trying to weigh weekly.... I didn't want to get into weighing daily. What does everyone else do with regards to weigh ins?

Kaitie9399
06-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Lil: I weigh myself twice a day. Right after I get up in the morning and right before I got to bed.

Morning: You probably think that's crazy but when I weighed myself once a week I would get SO mad if the scale didn't move in the right direction. This way I can monitor my weight and avoid the Saturday morning weigh in nightmare.

Night: Prepares me mentally for potential ups in the scale that will seriously ruin my day.

A little bit obsessive but I think I need obsessive in order to stay on track.

Hoopty
06-19-2013, 06:20 PM
Good evening girls,

BonnieL - I feel you! I swear, I'm in the same boat right now. I've been off plan after only a few days OP and I can't stop eating sugary foods. Once I start I can't stop and it's so hard to say NO in the first place. Gaahhh. :(

Kaitie9399 - Glad to hear you have an easy last week of school. By the way: Congrats on your 35 pound loss!!! :cheer2: I'm so happy for you :)

lilmisschattabox - I used to weigh myself once a week but I haven't done so in weeks now. I'm gonna start to have daily weigh-ins once I'm back on track and hopefully it'll keep me committed. Small slip-ups won't affect your weight too terribly, especially if it's "only" a little bit of chocolate and a moccachino. You'll be fine! :)

GettinFit - I know exactly what you mean! I was able to actually take my time with personals and now that I'm back to working I only get to read all of your posts and check in quickly. Also congrats on saying NO to the cupcake :)

laceyj - Hello and welcome! :wave: Ugh, April and May were really bad months for me as well. I hope that we'll be able to help and support you in every way possible! :)

SuperCecilia - Hope you're having a great and fun vacation with your DH! Looking forward to hearing from you soon :)

~~~~~

I've been terribly off plan for the past couple of days. I don't know what it is. I am always so determined to eat healthily but once I get home from work I tell myself "I deserve a little bit of ice cream" especially after a stressful day. But it doesn't stop there. I have some more, and more and more and then I add Nutella. And then a few hours later I have more. Then, when I go to bed, I feel like absolute shhiitt and I tell myself "Tomorrow I'll eat HEALTHY food ONLY, no excuses" and I end up eating junk again. It's terrible.
My skin has been really bad lately, too. I don't know if it's the stress, or the water (since it's different over here, much better by the way, love drinking tap water!), or the new body wash, or certain foods. But it's bad. And I can't sleep because of it. I'm really itchy and it burns. I do have eczema and I know what to avoid in terms of food but it's usually never this bad.
So tonight I told DH that I needed to re-commit to being healthy. And I'm telling you girls the same thing: TIME TO RE-COMMIT!!! I wanna lose another 20 pounds and it's not gonna happen if I keep treating my body like this.

junebug37
06-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Seriously what the heck is my deal?! Do great for 3 days then BAM eat some crap!!!! Work so hard for something then sabotage it a day later!!!

Totally frustrated and overwhelmed!!! :tantrum:

BonnieL
06-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Almost all the way OP today. I'm going to try to get back fully OP tomorrow. It is so hard!! Still up 5 pounds from the regain. grrrr.....

Hoopty - What you describe sounds so much like me - espcially the ice cream. that is a huge weakness for me. i'm telling myself that the struggle to do some of my plan is better then going off entirely. But it has been very hard. I've been eating greek yogurt with some frozen berries and cacoa powder every night and it is almost like ice cream (but not what I really crave).

Junebug - I came pretty close to doing the same thing. I feel for you, it is so hard sometimes! But don't give up, keep trying!

Kaitie9399
06-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

Sounds like we're having a hard time of it this week. So, I'm trying hard not to reward or console myself with food. 'oh today stunk, let me eat cake' 'oh today was great, let me eat cake'. No cake!!

OP for the day and did 45 minutes of wfp.

Carnival day tomorrow...oh joy. On a happy note, here's a quote from one of my students:

"Mrs. M. (that's me), my mom told me to give these flowers to my favorite teacher---so here, these are for you!"

Totally awesome--almost makes me forget about the bs of yesterday.

lilmisschattabox
06-20-2013, 05:19 AM
I'm thinking I should maybe weigh more regularly cos it's driving me nuts not knowing if what I'm doing from day to day is having an effect or just putting on weight. I'm weighing again tomorrow, then I'll see I guess. Already really nervous about stepping on the scales :(

One of the reps brought a whole box of chocolate into work for us today.. Luckily one of the girls I work with will eat it all and save me from my lack of willpower though... but it still sucks lol.

Possibly having dinner with my family this weekend and unsure what to feed them that they will eat (my brother is fussy) and isn't going to hurt my efforts. Any ideas?

Kaitie9399 that's so sweet of your student!
Junebug try not to beat yourself up, 3 days being OP is a great success!!
Hoopty it's prob just your complete life change up that's flaring you up. Way to go with the re-commitment :)

Kaitie9399
06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Lilmiss: I have two easy dinner ideas that are delicious.

1. Chicken with artichokes. It uses 4 ingredients and you can put it over pasta. (chicken, artichokes, diced tomatoes with peppers, and sun dried tomato paste)

2. Salsa Chicken. It's taco seasoning, salsa, chicken and small bit of cheese on top. I serve it over rice.

Both are easy, low fat, and absolutely delicious.

Kaitie9399
06-20-2013, 11:08 PM
So I'm annoyed on several levels.

1. Because that certain person complained with all that bs about me I feel like I'm just not liked by any of the parents in that class.

2. One of the teachers that went on the trip is now mad at me and I don't know why. I asked her if she was mad at me and she said no but everything else she's doing says yes.

3. I am grateful for my job but at the moment I'm burnt. I'm crispy on both sides.

4. My blind neighbor has only one living relative--a niece who moved to Georgia about 4 years ago. Anyway, last week Monica (neighbor) asked me to take her shopping, no problem. As I was leaving she asked me to help her with her bills. I said sure. Well, it's been really busy so I haven't gotten over there yet. Turns out her niece is visiting today and the niece called me and basically said that I'm not taking very good care of Monica. Excuse me? I'm a friend, a helper, someone who is being charitable. I'm doing my best. If you were so concerned about your Aunt then you shouldn't have moved to Georgia. I already hate it when Monica calls me up and says in a creaky old sad voice 'Kathy girl, oh help me.....' Hate it. I'm trying to be nice and helpful to a little old lady who has no one else I can't take it when my charity turns into an expectation and that I have somehow let her down. It seriously bothers me.

OP for the day, filled and carried at least 20 full buckets of water 100 feet because of the activity I was in charge of for field day. This principal went all out. 6 different bouncy blow up machines, a Ferris wheel, ponies, leis and sun visor for every kid and teacher (NSV: all they had were kid sized grass skirts and I could wear it!). Crazy! Seriously bad DJ though, playing songs about sex and taking either others clothes off, the f-bomb!!---seriously bad dj.

62 minutes of wfp and I walked the dog.

Sorry I dumped it all her.....I just vent vomited all over the thread but I needed to get it out. I don't like it when people make me feel useless.

BonnieL
06-21-2013, 01:38 PM
I had a good dr appointment - found out I don't have diabetes and don't have to go on medication! This is primarily due to my slifestyle changes, and dr said I need to keep going and lose more weight. So I leave the office, and I have this urge to go ear bad stuff. I was thinking about all the stuff I could eat, and really wanted to do it. Which is crazy because it has been so hard to get back OP (which I finally am) and I still have 3 1/2 pounds of regain to get off & Dr. just told me I need to coninue making progress to stay in good health. Grrr....why do I think, well really feel this way??

I realized that although I though it was a thought, to go eat....it was really a feeling, an urge, very strong, so very strong! Somehow I resisted, so I am still OP and trying to stay OP.

Katie: The neice sounds outrageous, very selfish and immature!!!

Lilmiss: I weigh myself every morning. But have to steel myself not to give up if I'm up a little.

SuperCecilia
06-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Hello friends, I'm back! Actually, DBF and I returned late Wednesday night, but of course coming back to work on Thursday, I didn't have a chance to post. Vacation was nice - beach time, mini-golf, renting bicycles to ride around Chincoteague and Assateague islands on Virginia's Eastern Shore. We had some rain but it didn't get in the way of our plans. I wasn't totally OP (we went out for ice cream one night, and there was a make your own waffle iron included in the free breakfast), but did eat a lot of seafood (high protein, low carb) and we were pretty active.

I haven't been on the scale in a week or so - trying this new technique of focusing on staying OP and having the scale work for me, not against me. I am OP so far today, and going out to dinner tonight and already have a OP dinner order planned, and am thinking if I am OP today and tomorrow I will weigh on Sunday.

I've been dealing with some emotional stuff - found out that an old college friend is being left by her husband (I was a bridesmaid in her wedding) and then found out about a death in the family yesterday (not someone I was close to, but still...) so feeling a little sad and unsettled, but trying to just take it one day at a time and focus on being grateful.

Okay, no time for personals today but I will catch up on that soon. Happy first day of summer everyone! Happy weekend!

junebug37
06-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Went to my center to weigh in today.
1. good news: I lost 2 pounds! Yay! That was encouraging!
2. bad news: my plan was over yesterday. But they encouraged me to renew and I got a highly discounted rate for 10 more weeks of program. so I have that help and support to try to finish out my goal!

17.5 pounds to go!!!

Going to a fresh water springs camp site for the weekend!! I'm nervous about staying OP but I will be trying my hardest!!! Happy Weekend & Happy first day of summer. Even though its been in the high 90s for 2 weeks here! Which feels like 100!! :)

Hoopty
06-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Hello girls,

junebug37 - First of all - Congrats on your loss! :cheer3: It's pretty cool that they gave you a discount. Fresh water springs camp site sounds soooo refreshing right now :D I hope you have lots of fun this weekend!

BonnieL - It must have been such a relief when you found out that you don't have diabetes. I can only imagine! Did you manage to stay OP for the day? I know what you're talking about with the frozen yogurt. I've tried that, too, but that's just not what I'm craving in the moment. I want that ice cream, the sugary, unhealthy ice cream. And I want lots of it. Gaah.

Kaitie9399 - Some people just think they can take someone's help for granted. It's rude and disrespectful. Very sweet words from your student, definitely made me smile :)

lilmisschattabox - If you weigh yourself daily or more than once a week then you gotta be prepared for fluctuations, so keep that in mind. I feel like weighing daily keeps me in control just a little more. Try and see how it works for you! No ideas right now, if I come up with something I'll let you know!

SuperCecilia - Welcome back and sorry about your emotional stress...I'm glad to hear that you had a great time though!

--------

So, after my "time to recommit" post 2 days ago, I managed to, you know it, recommit :D I was OP for the whole day yesterday and today even though I had a little too many nuts. I was down a pound this morning at 141 lbs but well, we will see what happens.

NSV: A friend of mine came into work today and told me that I had lost weight :) Also, another co-worker came out of nowhere and said "Wow, you definitely got skinnier since the last time I saw you, especially around your waist and legs." Always nice to hear that :)

I'm off tomorrow and my 3-year old niece is coming over for the day. It's supposed to be sunny so DH and I plan on going for a nice walk or a bike ride with our little one.

Happy weekend everyone!

GettinFit
06-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Hello Ladies,

Bonnie - I'm glad your test was okay and you dont have to take meds. I am borderline so I really need to get my butt in gear and lose this weight. Congrats on how much you've lost so far.

Hoopty - Congrats on being successful with your re-commit! Keep up the good work.

Junebug - :congrats: on your loss!

Cecilia - Welcome back from vacation and sorry to hear about your emotional things. Hang in there.

Hi LilMiss & Kaitie - Hope you're having a great Friday.

My day has been good so far. I'm within my Pts for the day and don't plan to go over tonight.

I hope you all have a great evening!

Kaitie9399
06-21-2013, 11:02 PM
This week is done.

So, to add to the drama of this week: My classroom is in the basement...sucks I know but it's better than nothing. Earlier this year I was poisoned with toxic mold from that classroom. They fixed it. I got to go back in. Fine. A month later a chemical that they use to wax the floors spills...it hurts to breathe so they take me out of my room again and they 'cleaned' it and I got to go back in. This week, bad smell and sore throat on Monday. Didn't put the connection together. Bad smell and sore throat again. I think, ok I won't be in there much on Wednesday and I wasn't. Same thing with Thursday. By now I'm wondering what the smell is. It did smell similar to the last time but not the same. Today, I go back I smell the smell and think ok it's coming from by my desk so I put down so plastic, didn't help. I have two classes and my throat is really starting to hurt. 3rd class comes down, and the custodian comes down to move some stuff in the hallway so I ask him about the smell...he very casually says 'oh yeah, the same chemical as last time burned through the shelves and he opened the closet and showed me the chemical spill which was about 6 feet by 4 feet wide. I choke on the fumes and take the rest of my classes outside to play on the playground. They KNEW! The knew there was a toxic spill and they still let me go down there with the kids!!!! WTHeck!!!!!!

I can. not. wait. for summer vacation. I wrote my principal a huge letter.

Anyway, I really hope tomorrow is drama free.

OP for the day and did 40 minutes of wfp and took the dog for a walk.

I hope ya'll have a great Saturday.

lilmisschattabox
06-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Kaitie Mmm that salsa chicken sounds great! I might have to try that!!! It sounds like you've got so much on your plate right now and that's terrible about your classroom! I hope things start getting better for you :hug:
Hoopty congrats on your re-commit success!!
junebug great loss :) good work.
SuperCecelia hi, nice to see you back :) sounds like you had a great holiday.
GettinFit hi :) hope you continued with your good day.
Bonnie that's great news from your doc!

Another loss this week although not as big as last week - 82.7kg (182lb) which is about a pound down. I did weigh again this morning and I was down another pound again, but I'm going to try not to weigh again for a couple of days and see what happens. Fridays weigh ins are going to be my official recorded weight I think.

Yay weekend! Have a great one everyone!

GettinFit
06-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Good morning ladies,

Kaitie - WOW it seems like nobody cares about anybody anymore. I hope they get it sorted out and the chemical doesn't do any damage to you or your students. Great job on staying OP too.

Lilmiss - Congrats on your loss.

I'm planning on a good day. Yesterday I was walking in the mall and I saw a reflection of myself in the window and I was so shocked at how fat an jiggly my tummy has gotten. It really motivated me to stay OP and get serious about my workouts.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday. I'll check back later today.

SuperCecilia
06-22-2013, 05:25 PM
GettinFit - keep up the good work!

Kaitie - sorry about the drama. Come on, summer vacation! When does it start?

Lilmiss - you are losing consistently. Way to go!

Hoopty - congrats on recommitting and sticking to it, and the scale has rewarded you already. Awesome that someone noticed you were looking different!

Bonnie - good news from the doctor. Yay! I have insulin resistance, so I definitely understand health as a motivator - it's not just about a smaller pants size or looking better in photos, it's about getting off (or not starting) meds and doing all we can to live long, healthy lives.

June - glad you will be continuing with the program, and bonus for you for getting a discount!

Not sure if I will weigh tomorrow or not, with dealing with different emotional stuff, I don't want to get on the scale and see a higher number and then have that add to what's already going on. But maybe it's better just to know? Well, I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning. I was able to have some good chill time today cooking and listening to music and DBF and I are going to a friend's house tonight for a get-together which should be fun - though I don't want to make it a late night.

Kaitie9399
06-23-2013, 01:07 AM
Happy Saturday Everyone!

I had zero drama today--probably because I didn't leave the house, but hey! Zero annoyance is a really good thing.

OP and 34 minutes of wfp.

It's 1:06 and I'm wide awake. :-) I'm such a night owl! 4 more days of school and then 8 weeks of no children and no teachers and no parents.....actually I don't mind the kids it's everyone else!

lilmisschattabox
06-23-2013, 01:40 AM
Gettinfit I think that's what I hate about work! I'm always catching sight of my reflection in the windows and I hate the way I look!!! I will try and think of it as motivation to keep going too!!

Not a great weekend for staying OP but I tried to not go overboard on my not so healthy choices. And there's lots of food in the fridge for a healthy week!!!

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend :)

GettinFit
06-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Good morning ladies,

Lilmiss - Yeah that reflection was a wake up call for me. Lately I have not been feeling good about myself and I don't like feeling that way. I also don't like when my tummy giggles when I walk. I am motivated to work hard at fetting fit.

Kaitie - Glad yesterday was a good one for you. Like you, I didn't leave the house at all yesterday and it felt so good to just chill out. I did a little house work and that was it!

Cecilia - I hope you enjoyed your night with friends and I hope the scale is down if you decide to weigh today.

Hello Bonnie, Hoopty & Junebug

Yesterday was a good one for me. Last night I wanted to binge so bad but I stayed strong. I did have a few unsalted saltines & a glass of wine w/diet sprite. Today has been good so far. I've done a 2 mile walk and have my meals all planned out for the day.

My plan:
B: Rasin bran, skim milk, coffee w/sf creamer
L: Healthy Choice Dinner, WW Snack bar
D: RF Chicken salad, salad, salad dressing, SF jello
S: melon
Exercise: Walked 2 mmiles

junebug37
06-23-2013, 04:19 PM
I went totally off plan at the campsite after I realized I forgot to bring my veggies!!! I didn't do too bad and I didn't feel guilty. I just tried to keep the portions small.

AND I know I got a lot of exercise in because we swam what feels like 20 miles of river/freezing fresh water spring water!! Floated/ swam all the way down the river with about 15 of our great friends twice this weekend plus swimming in the actual spring. It was so relaxing and invigorating!! i think its just what we all needed!! Hope everyone has had a great weekend! Back to the real world and "unpacking" the camping stuff!! Go outside people!!! :) :) :)

Next weigh in on Thursday!!

Hoopty
06-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Good evening girls,

Plans had changed on Saturday and instead of just my niece coming over it was the whole family! It was awesome and we all had a great time. I had some ice cream but stayed on plan for the whole day. I even got to do some exercises with our weights (squats + bicep curls). Weight for that day: 141 lbs.
Today was another OP day with a very stressful day at work. Got my bike rides in and now I'm exhausted! Weight this morning: Still 141 lbs. My Mom made her delicious Filipino dessert, it's TERRIBLE for you so I only had 3 pieces (it's basically fried coconut milk-dough topped with sugar). So delicious!

I'm off tomorrow but I need to run some errands so I hope it's not gonna rain. DH and I would love to ride our bikes to the city as opposed to my Dad having to drive us. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I hope everyone has a healthy Monday!

GettinFit
06-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Good evening ladies,

Junebug - I'm glad you had a nice time and it sounds like you got in lots of activity.

Hoopty - Glad you had some nice family time. Enjoy your bike ride tomorrow.

I'm happy to say that I had the best day I've had in a long time. I stayed away from sugar today and I can feel the difference. My cravings weren't as bad and I'm not hungry. I'm motivated to keep it up tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.

lilmisschattabox
06-24-2013, 06:20 AM
GettinFit good job - sugar cravings are hard to beat.
Hoopty & Junebug sounds like you both had a great weekend :)

Hope everyone else has a great start to their week. I ate too much last night and felt a bit ick today. Mostly veggies but definitely overdid it. Went a bit easier today and I'm feeling better. And I'm starting to notice the difference with the healthy eating - I do feel better in myself :)

SuperCecilia
06-24-2013, 02:07 PM
June - that swim sounds like a lot of fun!

Hoopty - that dessert sounds amazing...wow!

GettinFit - good on you for staying away from the sugar, it is really hard the first day or two but after a while you will find (at least I did) that you really don't crave it.

Lilmiss - Glad to know you are feeling better as a result of healthy eating. That's building positive momentum!

So I did in fact weigh myself yesterday after not weighing for a week and a half and was at 195 - a tad bit up, but I consider it basically maintaining, which isn't bad since we were traveling and eating in restaurants/hotels for three days last week. I am OP so far today - veg omelette for breakfast, beef and lots of veggies for lunch, cottage cheese for a snack, planning to get a workout in after my 3 pm meeting before my 6:30 pm massage (yay, massage!).

If I can stay on track this week, perhaps I can get to 193 and hit the 25 pounds gone mark by the end of June?!?!? Looking at the week ahead and it looks like it shouldn't be too busy or stressful. Also, yesterday we watched a documentary about the human body and it actually showed some footage of the inside of the human body and how fat can cover different internal organs...ewwww. Gross, yet motivating at the same time.

Wasn't totally OP yesterday - DBF and I went out to a local vineyard where there was some live music and we split a bottle of white wine. It was a beautiful afternoon, the music was great, it was romantic and relaxed...so it definitely felt the splurge on wine was worth it. :) Good to celebrate summer!

Loch
06-24-2013, 02:24 PM
I know there's only a week left in June, but I'd like to stay accountable for those days.

1. Update my journal every day
2. Visit the forum every day
5. Drink 8 glasses of water
6. Do NOT drink Red Bull (this is day 2 without one)
7. Don't cave in at night and eat bad
8. Go to bed at a decent time (9pm)

So, hello to everyone! :) Hope it's okay I join this thread.

GettinFit
06-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Hello ladies,

:welcome: to the challenge Loch. I hope you finish the month strong.

Cecilia - I hope you make your goal of 193 and 25 pounds.

Lil miss - I hope your day went as you planned.

I had another good day and I did a WATP DVD after work. I'm finally not stressed about my WW weigh in this week.

Kaitie9399
06-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Good Evening Everyone! 3 more days til summer vacation!!! WAHOO!!!!

OP for the day and did 60 minutes of wfp. I've been staying up way too late doing genealogy...but once you catch a lead you just have to follow through or you'll forget where you were!

Anyway, happy, happy, joy, joy! Have a great Tuesday!

SuperCecilia
06-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Kaitie - so glad that summer vacation is close. Woohoo! You deserve a break.

Welcome Loch! Yes, there's only a week left in June, but you can make it count. Your goals sound great.

GettinFit - glad you are feeling good about your weigh-in! Keep up the great work.

I have been OP with eating today except for one small cookie (which doesn't seem like a deal-breaker!) but I have been sitting on my bum all day. Arrgh! Work is either sitting in meetings or sitting at a computer. I need to find a way to create a standing desk for myself and build in more movement. I will go for a run this evening when it cools down outside later on.

I had an exciting conversation with my boss about a promotion this afternoon. Not totally a surprise, but encouraging nonetheless in terms of giving me more flexibility and pay. It will take several months to take place but the wheels are turning! My only concern is that taking on greater responsibility = greater stress, so want to be conscious of that.

Loch
06-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Oh my lord I want a red bull so bad. I think part of it has to do with boredom. I also feel tired. So I think, hey, I'll have a RB and then power through this work and surf the net. Instead, I'm taking breaks sitting down behind the counter at work and trying to get through the day.

It's harder than I thought to drink this water. I might have to look into some kind of flavoring I could add.

Yesterday was good, ate a good meal, went to bed at a good time. Today is bad for cravings! Ah well.

GettinFit
06-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Hello ladies,

Loch - I hope you made it through your boredom today.

Cecilia - I hope your new position want mean too much stress. I know what you mean by sitting on your bum all day:dizzy: that's me too. Today I did force myself to get up and take 2 10 minute walks.

Kaitie - Great job on having a good day.

I too had another good one. I ate as planned, drank lots of water and did my workout when I got home. Tonight I was wanting to snack so I brushed my teeth and that means nothig else goes in my mouth tonight except water.

Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone.

Kaitie9399
06-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

I'm pooped! OP for the day but I had to use my last rest day of the month, I'm exhausted. I need vacation to start so that I can play with my genealogy AND exercise AND still sleep. Tomorrow will be torture. A full day of professional development--why do we need PD on the second to last day of school when we won't have kids until September? I have no idea.

Happy Wednesday Everyone...even though my scale is misbehaving, let's power through the last week of June!!!

lilmisschattabox
06-26-2013, 01:32 AM
Bad bad bad day yesterday. Abysmal day. Small amount of emotional eating this afternoon although hopefully not too damaging = pretzels and corn chips.

I've got a dinner out tonight for a work seminar thing. It's a buffet dinner so I'm hoping they'll have a nice healthy selection and I can keep myself under control and not do any more damage.

Grr to being an emotional eater :(

SuperCecilia
06-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Hello friends,

I'm happy to share that as I am typing this in my office, I am standing up! I've put my laptop on a box on the top of my desk and...voila! A standing desk! Of course, I'm still sitting a lot in meetings, but I've also been trying to walk more and to be conscious of my posture. Hey, every little burns calories and helps my muscles not get stuck in the same position. I was OP for the rest of yesterday - awesome beet and fennel salad with greens for dinner, mmm. And went for a three mile jog yesterday - even at 8:30 it was muggy, but at least the temperature was lower. Still feeling a bit excited/freaked out/anxious about this possible job promotion, but as DBF told me, I have time to think about it, weigh my options. One day at a time!

I am planning to not weigh this week and just focusing on eating OP, and then planning to weigh Sunday or Monday for my official end-of-June weigh-in.

Lilmiss - Sorry to hear about your bad day. What can you learn from the experience. I read it here on 3FC and like to repeat it - there are no mistakes, only learning opportunities. Good luck at your buffet dinner.

Kaitie - hang in there with the PD day - ugh! You're almost there!

GettinFit - nice use of the brushing teeth trick. I've heard of that but have never tried it.

Loch - have you tried adding stuff to your water? I like to add lime juice, lemon juice, or unsweetened cranberry juice. It mixes it up a bit.

GettinFit
06-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Hello ladies,

Cecilia - the tooth brushing tip works wonders for me when I don't want to eat anymore for the night.

Kaitie - I'm with you on powering through the rest of June and ending strong.

Lilmiss - I hope you survived your dinner tonight.

I've had a good day and I lost 2.6 at my weigh in today. I'm hoping to have a loss each week from now on. I got in a 20 min walk at work an I've been drinking lots of water.

lilmisschattabox
06-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Ewww, I just had takeaway and I totally regret it. It tasted fatty and gross and not worth going off plan for. I'm not sure if I worry about weighing tomorrow which is my "official" weigh in day... I'm not sure I can handle the disappointment i'm pretty sure I'll be seeing reading up on those scales!!

But otherwise a pretty good day. Only a few more days til end June!! This thread has been great! I hope we're doing a July one!!

junebug37
06-27-2013, 09:20 AM
So ever since the weekend when I ate a few "regular" foods, off plan, I have been struggling with motivation & willpower. I keep just mindlessly eating food. Feels like I will have to start over. I have lost a lot of weight but I probably gained back 3-4 pounds over this week. I don't want to weigh in, don't want to have to explain myself because there is no explanation for what happened.

I'm going at this like its a giant mountain I need to climb over... and its a really slow climb!

I'm trying to stop and count to 10 before I eat something and really think about if I really really want it... I hope my resolve comes back!!

Took the boys to the Zoo yesterday and we walked so much. I also did some leg exercises. Work tonight and tomorrow night so I know I will be walking a LOT. The trickiest part is to stay on plan in the afternoons while I'm trying to wake up or when I'm tired.

I should have came here and vented when I was starting to lose control....

Here's hoping I can get my mind back in the game this week and lose back what I most likely gained!

:cb:= 5 pounds lost.
Hopefully still holding strong at :cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb:

SuperCecilia
06-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Good morning friends,

I am working at my standing desk again today and trying to stretch, shift my weight and do heel raises - even if I don't get an official workout in today, I am building more activity into my day. And I am wearing my June Old Navy "goal" jeans and they are feeling and looking good. Yay! I was OP yesterday and took a yoga class after a busy, stressful day at work (too many meetings!) which was so good for both my physical and mental state. Not weighing these days but feel like I will be in a good place to weigh Sunday if I keep this up.

GettinFit - congrats on your loss! 2.6 lbs down is huge!

Lilmiss - if you had takeaway, it probably had lots of sodium so the scale would be up. Maybe wait a day or two and let the salt move through your system instead of having an artificially high scale number? That's what I do.

June - I used to have an issue with feeling tired and hungry and wanting carbs/sugar mid-afternoon (which often coincided with going into a meeting where there were cake or cookies passed around...) and I have found that if I have more protein earlier in the day and eat a mid-morning snack (even if I don't really feel like I need it) that it helps a LOT and keeps me from eating, like, half a box of triscuits or wheat thins. Look at all your dancing bananas! You have already accomplished so much and you are on the cusp of BMI under 30! Just keep making one good choice at a time!

Hoopty
06-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Hello friends,

I don't even know where to begin. I've been completely off plan for a couple of days, AGAIN.
Problem number 1 are my horrible shifts at work this month. I work from 11am - 4/5pm-ish and don't get a break. This means, I wake up at around 9:30am, get ready, eat my breakfast, go to work and by the time I get home at around 4/5:30pm I am really hungry. So I eat my healthy meal and get really tired. And then I get HUGE sugar cravings! I tell myself not to give in but once I do it's over. I've been eating a lot of bread with Nutella or coconut macaroons and last night I even made myself hot cocoa which I usually NEVER drink.
Problem number 2: it's PMS-week. I didn't know until I checked my pack of BCP and I was shocked when I saw that there were only a few left. That definitely adds to it all!

Every night and every morning I tell myself that I need to stop eating all that crap. But once the afternoon/evening rolls around I get these cravings again. I can try to stuff my face with veggies but it's just not gonna stop me from wanting sugary foods. It's horrible.

I've been seeing 140-142 lbs for months now. I finally want to get down to the 130s and then to my goal-weight of 120-123 lbs. My birthday is in almost exactly 3 months and hitting goal by then should definitely be doable. It's not even about motivation - I AM motivated. But I'm also tired and miserable when I don't eat that sugary stuff. :(

Anyways, I'll be back with personals soon. Just needed to get all of this out, gaahhh!!!

GettinFit
06-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Good evening ladies,

Just a quick check in to report that I had another good OP day. It's getting a little easier now to stay OP but I've got to be more patient about the weight coming off. I need to take it 1 pound at a time and don't focus on how much I have to lose.

Kaitie9399
06-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Hello Everyone!!

Wahoo!! No more school!! I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!

High OP for the day. I was going good until about a half an hour ago when I got shaky during my exercise so I had to eat a granola bar. I did 40 minutes of wfp.

I'm exhausted....seriously, I'm falling asleep as I'm typing.

No school tomorrow, yahoo!!!!

lilmisschattabox
06-28-2013, 04:33 AM
SuperCecelia that's probably a good point about the sodium. I weighed anyway as I'm designated today as my official weigh in today, and I've basically put back on the weight I lost last week. I don't really feel that bummed as I know I had a few slip ups this week, but I'm planning on using that to motivate myself next week and hopefully will do better. If I have a good weekend, I might weigh in a couple of days again.
Kaitie yay!!

I have to work tomorrow :(

Hope everyone else enjoys their day!

SuperCecilia
06-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Kaitie - hooray for you! A much deserved break! I hope you can get some good R&R, and catch up on sleep!

Lilmiss - glad to hear you are motivated moving forward.

GettinFit - so true that it is best to focus on one pound at a time and not the big picture. This isn't easy for me, either with weight loss or other goals in my life, but I try to come back to just taking the next step instead of what will happen in six months or a year, just the next good choice.

Hoopty - It seems really rough that you work straight through that many hours and don't get a break. I wonder if there is some way you could build in a snack, even if it just a handful of nuts or something? Even if you have to have it be part of a bathroom break? If I had to work straight through and not have a snack break, I would totally be in the same boat of looking for sugar and carbs once later in the day! And yes, PMS definitely does not help! I hear your frustration and hope you can find a way to tweak your daily routine to make it work. It's not a matter of motivation, it's the matter of biology and chemistry and blood sugar - at least that's been my personal experience.

I am at my standing desk today, and took a short walk over the lunch hour, and will hopefully go for a run this evening (it's not as humid today). Was OP eating yesterday and am so far today too. I'm hoping when I finally do get on the scale I see a loss - it's been nearly a week since I weighed, but trying not to worry about it and just wait and see. Also, I've been a little more relaxed the last few days and have been working to not stress myself out - I know that stress releases chemicals which cause the body to store fat, which I definitely do not need. It is shaping up to be a pretty chill weekend, which is good news. Hope everyone has a good one!

Kaitie9399
06-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Hello Everyone! Happy Friday!

OP for the day and did 126 minutes of wfp--21 miles!

Cleaned the house, played with the dog.....and now what do I do? hahahahaha.

Scale was 169.6 this morning! Hallelujah I'm finally in the 160's!!!!

SuperCecilia
06-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Kaitie - congratulations on hitting the 160s! You are in your "goal" decade - less than ten pounds to go! The home stretch!

I just got back from going with a friend to synagogue for shabbat services - a two hour service followed by a luncheon (cause, of course, you're hungry after being at a two hour worship service!). I didn't eat too much, but had more carbs than are on plan: half a bagel with herbed cream cheese, a bit of challah bread, a brownie, another small sweet. At least I steered clear of the soda and the pasta salad and the fruit salad. Balanced out the carbs with a big scoop of egg salad. Not totally on plan, but it could have been worse. I'm making salmon and veggie tonight for dinner so no more carbs for me today. I'm wearing a pair of pants I haven't wore in several months and they feel and look good - I remember when they were sooo snug. :)

Kaitie9399
06-29-2013, 11:38 PM
Thanks SuperCecilia! Ya know, I knew I was close but until you pointed it out I didn't realize---I am in the home stretch! I could possibly even get back to the 150's before my master life plan takes into effect! I'm very excited now.

OP for the day and 60 minutes of wfp (15 miles, I have 10 more to go to reach my goal of 150 for the month of June--yes I am cutting it very close) :-)

Great job on the lose fitting pants SC--nothing like shrinking out of clothes that used to be too tight!

I hope everyone is doing well and that you have a great and restful Sunday!

I can't believe July is almost here! Didn't I just start this weight-loss journey? and now I'm almost done? Sweet!

lilmisschattabox
06-30-2013, 03:47 AM
That's awesome Kaitie!
SuperCecelia - clothes fitting is the best feeling!

I can't wait to reach my first goal - I'm going to really work hard next month, it's been a so-so start but I'm determined to stick with it and kick some weight loss butt!

An okay weekend but worked too much. Feeling like I'm getting the flu which has been happening on and off for the past couple of weeks- I wish it would either come or just go away! Feeling pretty yucky today though.

junebug37
06-30-2013, 08:02 AM
I have been doing better. In a better state of mind lately. Worked Thursday & Friday night and slept my Saturday away! I did skip supper (fell asleep and skipped it) I stayed OP while working but I think I had a little too much coffee! (cream) Hope to get a few hours of gym time in today. Weigh in tomorrow and I will deal with whatever happens.
Katie- you are in the goal decade!! Woo Hoo!!!!

Everyone I send you happy motivational thoughts and wish you a great week!!! :goodluck:

:cb:= 5 pounds

:cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb:

SuperCecilia
06-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Happy Sunday friends! I am very glad to share my good news that after several days of not stepping on the scale, with the goal of just focusing on staying on plan and not letting the daily ups and downs throw me off....I am down 2.4 pounds. That means I have lost 26 pounds since the beginning of February! And 4.8 pounds in the month of June. I am only 4 pounds from hitting 188 which will be 30 pounds gone AND BMI under 30. And 187 is the halfway mark to goal! I'm happy to have moved through the 190s so much in June and have my sights set on hitting these other milestones in July. I had a giftcard for Kmart so celebrated by going out and buying three new tanktops - size medium. :)
So I did stay OP the rest of the day and had salmon and veggies for dinner, followed by a four mile run (sub 11 minute mile pace, thank you very much). I also spent the day cooking health food for the week - a bunch of mashed cauliflower, green onion and goat cheese dip, lentil salad. I am going to stick with not weighing every day, only 1-2 times a week and focus instead on eating and exercise as that seems to be working.

June - glad to hear you are doing better and in a better state of mind. Feeling more relaxed and less stressed definitely helps make life better overall as well as makes it easier to lose weight (stress hormones which increase blood sugar and all that jazz, so they say).

Lilmiss - I hope you can get some rest this weekend and feel better soon and that that flu doesn't come!

Kaitie - Glad to hear that things are moving along with your master life plan (I think many of us women have those!) Being at a lower weight somehow does seem to make achieving other goals more possible.

Hoopty
06-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Hello girls,

We have no internet at home and I realized that my night just doesn't feel completed if I can't check 3FC.
Anyways, I'm doing a little bit better but it's still bad. I had two 12pm-8pm shifts today and yesterday so I got a break halfway through and I was able to eat. However, I did have ice cream, peanut M&M's and cake these past few days. At least I was able to get off of Nutella. I managed to get a good workout in and I still ride my bike almost every day AND I'm on my feet all day long but that's just not cutting it. So DH and I decided to have a healthy start of the month of July which means we definitely wanna start to run again.
Starting tomorrow I'll be off for 4 days! I ordered a digital scale on Amazon and I am very determined to weigh-in daily. I'm doing this 20-day challenge here on 3FC and one of my goals is absolutely no junk food! TOM should be here anytime after Tuesday so I'm hoping for this stupid PMS to go away soon.

I saw an "aunt" of mine at work today. She's my Mom's friend and we've known her since I was a baby. Anyways, she didn't know that I was back in Germany and she was very happy to see me. She told me that I had lost "so much weight" since the last time she's seen me! :)

----

SuperCecilia - Wow, 2.4 lbs! Congrats!!! :) Glad to hear your pants are fitting nicely. The whole no-break thing really sucks. I got those shifts only because the schedules had already been up since I. started working halfway through the month. So my boss kind of squeezed me in there. My shifts for July are much better, thank God!

junebug37 - Good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow! I hope you''ll be back with good news.

Kaitie9399 - Holy moly, you DO only have a couple more pounds to go! You'll be there in no time!

lilmisschattabox - Grr, I hate when it's kind of there but kinda not and by that I mean the flu! I hope you feel better soon!

GettinFit - Hope you're doing good!

On to a healthy month of July!

Kaitie9399
06-30-2013, 10:50 PM
9.6 pounds to go until I reach 160...and then if 'life plans' don't work I'll keep losing until they do work. Although seriously, they better work this time around or I just might go crazy.

Anyway! High OP for today and I'm not expecting scale movement tomorrow, I had steak today--steak alters my scale for a good two-three days. Did 46 minutes of wfp and met my goal of 150 miles of running/biking/walking for the month of June. Wahoo!! Time to welcome July!

Stay strong everyone, we CAN do this!

Happy Monday--if that's even possible. :-)

lilmisschattabox
07-01-2013, 03:39 AM
Weighed this morning 82.2kg (181lb) which is back to where I was before my slip ups so yay! Looking forward to a productive weight loss week!

junebug good luck with your weigh in!
supercecelia smaller clothes! awesome!
hoopty good luck with no junk food... once you get through the first few days it will get easier!
kaitie good job! hope you have/had a happy Monday!

Hoopty
07-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Happy July!

My new digital scale arrived this morning! Weigh-in: 142.0 lbs. I did 30 min of HIIT running and my legs hurt a little now. Tomorrow I plan on doing a full body lift plus 30 min of some type of cardio. I also have a dentist appointment, finally! I can't wait to go.

I've been really hungry for the past few hours now. I had enough healthy food for breakfast and lunch, lots of protein, some whole grains and veggies and fruit. And I drank enough. So I'm thinking it's PMS.

lilmisschattabox
07-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Grrr, fell off the wagon. Takeaway for tea tonight. I need to be more prepared and have something in the freezer for when I have a terrible day at work and get home late. Bit bummed with myself as my pants were actually feeling looser this morning. Bet they won't be doing that in the morning! Although I did try and be somewhat healthy by getting the grilled chicken burger, no cheese etc.. but still *sigh*

Better luck tomorrow!

junebug37
07-02-2013, 12:16 PM
OP yesterday and only up right now cause my body knows its lunch time! Worked last night and work tonight and then taking my boys to see Despicable Me 2 in theaters!! We are really excited! I was by myself with no preceptor last night and had 7 patients. I didn't get that overwhelmed but I did stress a little. Then I realized I have been feeling overwhelmed with just about every aspect of my life since the new job started..... I'm hoping it will all settle down once I'm used to my schedule.. Ok, rant over! Back to bed so I can rock my 12 hour shift tonight and stay OP again!

The weigh in was about like I expected it. Up a pound. If thats all the damage I did with that whole weekend & couple of days off plan I'll take it. I had also just finished 2 big bottles of water so they said that might have contributed!

Weighing in on Friday to see where I am for the weekend. Have a great rest of your Tuesday!
:flow1:=5 pounds :flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1:

Hoopty
07-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Good evening girls,

Another OP day for me. Went for a 30 min walk and lifted weights.

I had my dentist appointment aaanndddd I found out that I'm getting 3 wisdom teeth taken out in a few months, aahh! When that's done I will finally be getting braces. He asked me if I was okay wearing braces you know, because I'm not 12 anymore. Heck yes I am! I don't care what people think about me. I'm doing that for myself and myself only. I've been wanting to fix my teeth FOREVER and now it's finally time to talk about it, yay!

Weight this morning: 141.6 lbs. I'm expecting a gain tomorrow due to sore muscles. My legs are KILLING me from yesterday's HIIT run.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Kaitie9399
07-03-2013, 12:11 AM
It's ok Lilmis! Tomorrow is a new day!

Hoopty: Yeah on the braces!

I was High OP for the day, I seriously wanted to bang my head against the wall because dh was driving me insane. Seriously, he needs to find a new job asap, I don't think I can take it anymore. The resumes and 1000 step applitrack applications, the uploading of the same documents to every application....it's killing me!!! So, I had ice cream. I had too, I've been wanting it for days and I needed something to pull me off the edge of the cliff. He needs a new job and it needs to be settled now. Please!

60 minutes of wfp and 3 miles. I re-did my goals for July, I took out the dog walking--seriously, for some reason it's monsoon season in Jersey and I can never take the pooch out for a walk--and I dropped the miles walked/ran/biked down to 75. I did the 150 last month but man, I waited to long and ended up having to do 50 miles in three days. I did it but it wasn't fun and I want my weight loss to be fun--that's why I do the wii, it's fun.

Anyway, time for bed! Happy Wednesday Everyone!

lilmisschattabox
07-03-2013, 06:26 AM
junebug ooo, despicable me! I can't wait to see it!
hoopty yay for the braces! They are life changing as a teenager, or as an adult!
Kaitie thanks! don't worry about the ice cream! tomorrow is a new day ;)

Too scared to weigh myself today but I don't feel like i've gained heaps. I'm going to try hold out until Friday to weigh. Good day food wise today so yay!

My "Friday" tomorrow, yay! Hope everyone has a great day!

junebug37
07-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Day 2 OP!! Hope to make today day 3! I had a handful of coconut almonds (too high fat for my diet) they are so good!! I've worked my butt off over the last 2 nights so I hope I literally worked some booty off!! It was a rough 2 nights but I am so glad its over!! Gotta get some rest before the movie!! :carrot:

SuperCecilia
07-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Good morning friends,

I was OP yesterday even though I went to a BBQ. I passed on soda, wine, and beer and had only water to drink, had only a few chips and dip as appetizer. For dinner I had a sausage with no bun, some baked beans and a very small portion of potato salad, plus green salad, and then I skipped the pie and ice cream for dessert. So lots of good choices there, even though plenty of the people I was with were chowing down. And I took an early morning yoga class before going to work which was a good, sweaty way to start the day.

June - coconut almonds sounds tasty! And in small portions, a reasonable choice. I think it is perfectly reasonable to feel overwhelmed with all the change you have experienced and transitions that have been going on for you.

Lilmiss - nothing wrong with skipping the scale once in a while.

Kaitie - I hope DH gets a job soon! Sounds stressful!

Hoopty - good for you for getting braces if that is what you want to do. My DBF had them in his early thirties.

Hoopty
07-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Good evening girls,

junebug37 - Coconut almonds, say what? Goodness, they sound delicious! I hope you have fun at the movies! And congrats on OP day number 2 :)

lilmisschattabox - I hope you have a successful weigh-in on Friday!

Kaitie9399 - I totally understand your frustration about the whole job situation. Hopefully it changes for the better very soon!

SuperCecilia - Wow, way to go! I always find it really impressive when someone is able to pass up on certain foods at events. When I know that something special is coming up I usually make it my high-calorie-cheat day and I eat a little bit of everything :D Early thirties is late but good for him for doing it anyways. I am very excited to get it done!

-----

I stayed in my calorie range and treated myself to 2 small chocolate bars. DH and I rode our bikes to the city and back, 5 miles each way, to get a couple of things done. He officially has health insurance now and we got our marriage registered!

Also, I did some weight lifting again and boy am I sore! Tomorrow will definitely be a rest day for me. There are a few more things that need to get done so tomorrow will be the perfect day to do so.

My weight this morning: 141.0 lbs. TOM should be here anytime but I don't feel bloated and I don't think that there is any water retention going on so I'm not expecting a loss from that this month.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Hoopty
07-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Hello girls,

I was OP today though I started getting some cravings in the afternoon. I did a 30min HIIT run and am feeling great! TOM still not here, probably tomorrow as I'm having unusual cramps =/

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July over there!

lilmisschattabox
07-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Good weigh in today! Down another 0.4kg/1lb since Monday = 81.8kg/180lb woo! But we're going to an american specialty shop today (my fiancee is american) so that means junk food lol. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it. It only happens once every couple of months or so. Have a great day ladies!!

Kaitie9399
07-05-2013, 12:05 AM
*blech*

Today was extremely OFF plan. I started out ok...but then I had some chips, then some brownies, then some fruit, then some brownies, then some fruit, then some brownies, then a burger and steak, then some fruit, and yep, you guess it....some brownies. and we stopped at McDonalds on the way home. I washed it all down with three cans of pepsi.

I feel like I'm going to burst.

SuperCecilia
07-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Kaitie - sorry to hear about your off plan day. It's a new moment and an opportunity to start fresh. Don't beat yourself up!

Hoopty - congrats on your run, bike ride and weight-lifting. Wow!

I hope all had a good 4th of July. I have a friend visiting which is nice. We had a BBQ yesterday and again I stayed OP.

I'm under a lot of stress as DBF and I are at a crossroads in our relationship of deciding if we take the leap and move in together and move towards marriage, or if this is not the right plan. I'm not sure and I can make a case either way. He is such a good man (kind, loving, caring, honest, hard-working) but we have significant differences (I'm crazy social, he's way introverted, I'm high energy and he's more of the come home from work and flip on the TV kind of guy...) and how can you be sure when you have found "the one"? I'm not great with making decisions and dealing with change. So I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety, which means I have less of an appetite, so it is not as hard to stay on plan. I've cut out caffeine and alcohol and am drinking herbal tea to try to calm my nerves. Also, exercise helps with my anxiety so have been walking, dancing, doing yoga. Prayers, best wishes, kind thoughts are welcome for DBF and me - sorry if this is off topic, but I wanted to share it with you all.

SuperCecilia
07-05-2013, 04:41 PM
oh, and lilmiss - congrats on your loss!

Hoopty
07-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Good evening girls,

SuperCecilia - I pray for you two and hope you make the right decision for yourself. It is a very big step, either way, so of course you are under a lot of stress and pressure. Are you happy with your DBF right now? Do you think you will be happy in 10 years from now? Nobody is perfect, obviously, and there will always be differences, even if they're small, between you and whoever you're with. What matters is if you can deal with them. At least that's how I see it. It sounds like he treats you the way you deserve to be treated, so that is definitely a HUGE plus. If you feel like you need more time then hey, it's all yours. If you need to get more of it out, we're (or at least I) am here to listen! :hug:

Kaitie9399 - Get up, dust yourself off and go on with your plan, you'll be okay! I hope you feel alright though (I could imagine that your stomach hurts maybe?). :hug:

lilmisschattabox - Yay, congrats on your loss!!! :cheer: I hope you enjoyed your American junk food, yum! :) What did you eat?

-----------

Proud moment today. I had a cup of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup in my hands and I took one bite. Just one. And you know what, I didn't want any more of it. Not because my mind told me "no, you need to stay OP!!!" but because of my body saying that I didn't want any. If you know what I mean? I was very happy about that because it usually takes a lot of willpower to resist that kind of food. Not today though, not today. :)

I stayed OP, rode my bike to work and back, helped my Dad get some work done in the garden and lifted some weights. TOM got here today, as I predicted, but it didn't affect the scale: 140.0 this morning.

It's Saturday already, holy moly! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Kaitie9399
07-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Hoopty....I woke up still full from yesterdays shenanigans and at the moment, even though I skipped breakfast and had salad for dinner---I still don't feel well. Blech....

Hoopty
07-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Kaitie9399 - Eeek...please tell me you feel a little better today? I'm sure you drank a lot, that would definitely help to flush all the doodooness out.

TOM is giving me cramps which I rarely ever get, but oh well. I'm alive.
I had a bad day today. I woke up an hour early, at 5am, from a horrible nightmare and stayed up until I had to get ready for work. I started getting a headache halfway through the day and on top of that we didn't get to go grocery shopping which SUCKS! Stores are closed on Sundays over here, except for gas stations but we all know that they only offer crappy, overpriced stuff. So yeah, I was really annoyed and tired and I wanted to punch the world in the face.
Anyways, weight this morning still the same: 140.0. I did my usual bike rides and DH and I went for a nice evening stroll to the park and back which took us about a half hour.

Having some Green Tea before bed...hope everyone is well!

Kaitie9399
07-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Hey Hoopty!

Sadly, my stomach still feels blech. I'm just holding everything in my gut and it's not fun. Sadly, my puppies stomach is hurting him too...he has diarrhea though--poor puppy!!! Gave him some rice, hopefully that will stop him up a bit.

OP and 90 minutes of wfp.

So, my female plans won't be put into action until August 20th or so so I'm thinking about changing my goal weight to 155. I can do 15 pounds in two months right? Maybe? I had been averaging -7 pounds a month until May and June (which were both -5). Maybe 155 is too much, maybe I should stick with 160 and see how July goes. ATM I'm 171 but I'm positive that's because of my crazy binge and my bodies inability to cope with it. Hopefully that will fix itself soon.

Anyway, I hope ya'll have a peaceful Sunday!

junebug37
07-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Stayed OP through the 4th, except a lil too much garlic bread. Tasted some homeade ice cream for the first time. It was so yummy! Weighed in on Friday morning and was so happy! With my 1lb gain from the off plan week, I am down 4 pounds since the last weigh in!!! Woo-Hoo! OP for Friday too and worked Friday night. Tried hummus with these pita chips, I think once maintenance comes around I will be having this for my "work snack" So delicious! I'm not too ashamed to admit I've never had it before LOL. Went out on the boat yesterday after sleeping a few hours, was OP all day. The hubby & boys really wanted pizza, which is torture for me! But I had a piece of some with lots of veggies. I don't feel upset about it, it wasn't a binge. I decided I wanted some and didn't go overboard.
Going to get some gym time in a few! I will come back and read everyones posts, sorry for the novel, haven't been on in a few days! Have a great Sunday!

:flow1:=5lbs lost! :flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1:

jm474
07-07-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm new to this thread and would love to join in!

My goals this week:

1. Take a Multivitamin daily
2. Drink 12.5 cups of water a day
3. Check in here every day
4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions)
5. Do not obsess over weight fluctuations

Kaitie9399
07-07-2013, 02:24 PM
:welcome: jm!

Congrats on the -10 pounds!

SuperCecilia
07-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Down another pound - 191. So almost out of the 190s!

hoopty - Sorry to hear about your bad day. Thank you SO much for your kind words and support. I really appreciate it. DBF had a long talk last night and then again this morning with lots of tears, and now we are giving each other space for the rest of the day. It is really emotionally exhausting for both of us. I am getting together with a friend later today and going to take a dance class this afternoon which will help me take care of myself.

JM - welcome! You have some solid goals!

June - one piece of veggie pizza sounds like a healthy, reasonable choice.

Kaitie - hope your tummy feels better soon!

jm474
07-07-2013, 04:40 PM
:welcome: jm!

Congrats on the -10 pounds!

Thank you :)

jm474
07-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Down another pound - 191. So almost out of the 190s!

hoopty - Sorry to hear about your bad day. Thank you SO much for your kind words and support. I really appreciate it. DBF had a long talk last night and then again this morning with lots of tears, and now we are giving each other space for the rest of the day. It is really emotionally exhausting for both of us. I am getting together with a friend later today and going to take a dance class this afternoon which will help me take care of myself.

JM - welcome! You have some solid goals!

June - one piece of veggie pizza sounds like a healthy, reasonable choice.

Kaitie - hope your tummy feels better soon!

Thank you - I'm trying to keep my goals realistic, I stand a better chance of going the distance that way!

Hoopty
07-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Hello girls,

jm474 - Welcome! :wave: It sounds like you have some great and realistic goals. Do you have an exercise regimen?

Kaitie9399 - 15 pounds in two months is definitely doable (for you anyways, since you're very committed to your plans 99% of the time as it seems!) but it might just slow down the lower your weight gets. So I'd say - stick with 160 for now and see where you end up at the end of the month.

junebug37 - Congrats on your loss! :cheer: How was your workout at the gym?

SuperCecilia - Ugh, I can only imagine how terrible all this must be for you (two). I'm glad to hear that you talked though, communication is the key! I hope everything works out for the both of you and that you feel better soon. :hug: By the way, I remember you being excited for onederland - now you're down ~10 lbs since then, that's friggin awesome!

----------

Another OP day and lots of exercise. On top of my bike rides to work and back I did a 30 min HIIT run and lifted weights. My legs are a little sore now but I feel great. After I woke up from a short nap I was craving something sweet, so I had one small slice of whole-grain bread with Nutella. I stayed within my calories, so it wasn't a big deal and I was satisfied.

My weight this morning: 140.0 lbs. Maybe the scale will move tomorrow morning, hopefully in the right direction!

We also FINALLY get to go grocery shopping, ugh, I can't wait to buy fresh produce. Have I told you guys that I haven't found any Greek yogurt anywhere yet? It's driving me nuts. I don't necessarily need it right now since I can buy cottage cheese but still - I wanna find it!

Anyways, have a great Monday everyone!

jm474
07-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Hello girls,

jm474 - Welcome! :wave: It sounds like you have some great and realistic goals. Do you have an exercise regimen?

Kaitie9399 - 15 pounds in two months is definitely doable (for you anyways, since you're very committed to your plans 99% of the time as it seems!) but it might just slow down the lower your weight gets. So I'd say - stick with 160 for now and see where you end up at the end of the month.

junebug37 - Congrats on your loss! :cheer: How was your workout at the gym?

SuperCecilia - Ugh, I can only imagine how terrible all this must be for you (two). I'm glad to hear that you talked though, communication is the key! I hope everything works out for the both of you and that you feel better soon. :hug: By the way, I remember you being excited for onederland - now you're down ~10 lbs since then, that's friggin awesome!

----------

Another OP day and lots of exercise. On top of my bike rides to work and back I did a 30 min HIIT run and lifted weights. My legs are a little sore now but I feel great. After I woke up from a short nap I was craving something sweet, so I had one small slice of whole-grain bread with Nutella. I stayed within my calories, so it wasn't a big deal and I was satisfied.

My weight this morning: 140.0 lbs. Maybe the scale will move tomorrow morning, hopefully in the right direction!

We also FINALLY get to go grocery shopping, ugh, I can't wait to buy fresh produce. Have I told you guys that I haven't found any Greek yogurt anywhere yet? It's driving me nuts. I don't necessarily need it right now since I can buy cottage cheese but still - I wanna find it!

Anyways, have a great Monday everyone!

<Hanging head in shame> No, not yet.

GettinFit
07-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Hello ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA this last week but I've had a lot going on an was not able to log on. Things are back to normal and I am back to posting. I stayed pretty much on plan even though I've eaten out with friends for the last three nights. I stuck to grilled options and thankfully, I haven't gained any weight. I am very motivated to stick with my plan and lose 40 pounds by the end of the year.

:welcome: jm474

I hope you all have a great week!

Kaitie9399
07-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Good Evening Everyone!!!

OP for the day and I did 90 minutes of wfp and took the dog for a walk.

I hope everyone had a restful weekend and I'm so happy that I don't need to go to work tomorrow! Everyone keep your fingers crossed that dh can get a new job in a nice district. I hope it's soon!

Keep up the good work!!

lilmisschattabox
07-08-2013, 05:58 AM
Well... my little bit of off plan Friday went to off plan weekend + off plan Monday *sigh* on the plus side I hard a really really good weekend! And I weeded the garden yesterday which was crazy overgrown with weeds so that must counteract some of the junk I've eaten right!? That's what I'm hoping anyway lol! So trying for being back OP tomorrow so I can do some damage control before my Friday weigh in...

Sounds like everyone else has had a few victories, yay! Hi everyone! I will try for personals tomorrow :)

jm474
07-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Hello ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA this last week but I've had a lot going on an was not able to log on. Things are back to normal and I am back to posting. I stayed pretty much on plan even though I've eaten out with friends for the last three nights. I stuck to grilled options and thankfully, I haven't gained any weight. I am very motivated to stick with my plan and lose 40 pounds by the end of the year.

:welcome: jm474

I hope you all have a great week!

Thank you!

jm474
07-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Yesterday:

1. Take a Multivitamin daily - Yes
2. Drink 12.5 cups of water a day - First day doing this, was practicing for a challenge that starts today. Boy is that a lot of water to drink! I aimed to finish before dinner but got it all down by 8PM.
3. Check in here every day - Yes
4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - I ate more chicken casserole than I intended but I think I needed it.
5. Do not obsess over weight fluctuations - Feeling good

junebug37
07-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Weigh in this morning! Gained 0.5 pound but its no biggie! I confessed my pizza & hummus slip ups and they said the gain was probably water. I felt pretty good about the pounds.

Measurements were taken and since the last ones on 6/5 I have lost 13.25 (over 13 anyway, don't remember the extra) So my total inches lost since 3/7 are:::::: drum roll::::::: 53.25!!!! Holy freakin crapola!!!!!!

Happy dance and tears happened right then and there!!!!! Heres to a great week!!

:carrot:53.25 total inches!!!!!!:carrot:

:flow1:= 5 pounds lost
:flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1:

SuperCecilia
07-08-2013, 02:40 PM
CONGRATS June!!!! Way to go!

Hoopty
07-08-2013, 06:35 PM
junebug37 - Big fat WOW! Congrats, that's a great achievement! :cheer: You must be SO excited and happy right now!!! :)

----

I had ice cream at work and thought it was gonna be an off plan day but somehow my cravings went away. DH and I FINALLY went shopping and I didn't reach for any junk food even though I was really hungry.
I weighed in at 139.4 lbs this morning and my pants are starting to get really loose on me (they're chinos, so they're already not skin-tight!). My dear brother is gonna give me a 20% off coupon for a clothing store, so I'm just gonna wait until the beginning of next month and I'll be getting myself a few new jeans.

I'm so exhausted right now, I gotta go to sleep. Hope everyone had a great Monday!

STorres43
07-08-2013, 06:43 PM
My Goals this week:
Drink as much or more water than Diet Soda.
Exercise at least 5 days this week including the treadmill.
Find something to do other than eat when I am bored

GettinFit
07-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Good evening ladies,

Junebug - Congrats on all the inches lost!

:welcome2: STorres43 - I wish you much success with your goals.

Hoopty - Great job on the loose pants.

I had a very good day foodwise and I did a 2 mile walk this evening. I'm fighting to not eating anything else this evening so I just did the brush the teeth trick. That usually works for me.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the evening.

Kaitie9399
07-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Good Evening Everyone!

Boy, for being on summer vacation we were super busy today!

1. Took down the Christmas lights---I seriously contemplated just leaving them up since it's already July!
2. Weeded the front garden and some of the side garden.
3. Took my sick puppy to the vet where he had a seizure as we were walking into the office. They gave him valium. He hasn't had a seizure in almost a year (since we put him on phenobarbital). The valium made him super silly and when we got home he fell asleep with his head resting on a chair leg. It was cute. He was zonked too. Anyways, they gave him some meds to help with the diarrhea so hopefully no more poopy surprises on my pillow!
4. Our friends who are moving to Finland tomorrow couldn't sell their bedroom set so they gave it to us. Seriously, it was a couple thousand dollars gift. DH's fortune cookie tonight say 'you will receive a surprise gift' Well yes in deed!! I'm feeling mighty blessed right now. Puppy on the mend and a free bedroom set.

OP for the day and did 60 minutes of wfp. My carbs were to high though. I fear giving up the carbs but it might be holding me back. I'm just so finicky about my food and honestly scared that I won't eat enough and feel shaky--not a good feeling. IDK, it's something I need to work on.

A free bedroom set....wow.

Congrats June!!! Hoopty, wahoo for nsv! Gettinfit, I hope your brushing your teeth trick worked!

Happy Busy Tuesday Everyone!

lilmisschattabox
07-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Woohoo, go Junebug!
Hoopty - That's awesome - needing new pantss!
Kaitie- what kind of puppy do you have? I like carbs too lol. I know I'm going to have to worry about that at some point, but I'm putting it in the 'down the track' basket right now.
Gettinfit - 2 mile walk has go to be good for you!
Hi SuperCecelia, STorres, jm474 :)

Did not too badly today. Avoided the potato chips on the kitchen counter. Gave in and had a small amount of chocolate though. Really tired and I start getting lazy and reaching for easy (bad) food when I'm like this, so trying to be good.

Have a good day whenever you get this everyone :)

SuperCecilia
07-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Good morning friends,

Lilmiss - way to resist the potato chips.

Kaitie - glad to hear all your good news. Sounds busy but positive. A free bedroom set - very cool!

Hoopty - hooray for loose pants!

STorres - good, solid goals.

GettinFit - congrats on a successful day!

Eating has been weird for me - I went out to lunch with a friend yesterday and had some mexican food at 11:45 am and then didn't eat again until 7 pm when I had a bagel with cream cheese followed by a small cup of gelato (with another friend). I never go that long without eating and I know it's not good for my blood sugar but I figure that the first day after a breakup I can give myself permission to be a little off plan. I did go take a yoga class yesterday which was good for mind and body. I'm feeling a little better emotionally today (I have only teared up a few times) and it should be a fairly busy day at work which is good because it is a welcome distraction. OP with eating so far today - scrambled eggs with sour cream and chives for breakfast, and a cup of green tea. Just taking it one moment and one breath at a time.

jm474
07-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Weigh in this morning! Gained 0.5 pound but its no biggie! I confessed my pizza & hummus slip ups and they said the gain was probably water. I felt pretty good about the pounds.

Measurements were taken and since the last ones on 6/5 I have lost 13.25 (over 13 anyway, don't remember the extra) So my total inches lost since 3/7 are:::::: drum roll::::::: 53.25!!!! Holy freakin crapola!!!!!!

Happy dance and tears happened right then and there!!!!! Heres to a great week!!

:carrot:53.25 total inches!!!!!!:carrot:

Wow, what a tremendous achievement! :carrot:

jm474
07-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Yesterday:

2. Drink 12.5 cups of water a day - Yes. Second day. Much easier to get the water down, probably because I was more active today. Sunday was a lazy stay home day.
4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - On plan all day.

Hoopty
07-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Hello girls,

I was OP calorie wise but allowed myself a couple of treats. My brother moved into his new apartment today (3rd floor) and we carried a whole bunch of stuff up and down and up and down. After a few hours I was exhausted. I worked beforehand and it was so busy, time went by so fast!

I weighed in at 138.4 lbs this morning. TOM is pretty much gone so maybe I had the famous big whoosh? We'll see tomorrow morning.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Kaitie9399
07-10-2013, 12:34 AM
Hello Everyone!

OP for the day and did 60 minutes of wfp.

This job hunting stuff is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the first time ever in our 14 years of marriage my dh made me angry. ANYWAY! Moving on.

My little poochie is a Chihuahua/Pomeranian mix. He is feeling SO much better today. He's been playing and running...at the moment he's dreaming and his eyes are twitching. :-)

Slowly but surely we are re-doing the rooms in our house, we've done the kitchen, dining room, bedroom, guest bedroom, and bathroom. We've also done the floors in the living room. With the new bed set we decided it was time to tackle the 'gray room' upstairs. I'm excited. I just love tearing out old crud and making it look brandy new!

Anyway, NSV: a woman I haven't seen for a while came up to me and hugged me and said 'You're so skinny!' and she grabbed my face and said my face looks so much younger. (how old did I look!) Yeah!

Shadow has whistle nose at the moment, it's funny. He breathes in and then whistles out. hahaha. I love my dog.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

GettinFit
07-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Good morning everyone,

Congrats everyone for being so motivating and encouraging. You all are doing a great job!

Kaitie - Congrats on being called skinny :)

Hoopty - Congrats on the whoosh!

Just a quick check in from work to say that I've had 2 perfect days! I am so excited that I'm finally feeling in control again and that I am truly motivated to keep going. I have committed to staying OP for the rest of 2013. I go on a cruise in mid Dec and I'd love to fit a size 12 by then. At the end of Feb I'll be going on a girls getaway trip to Puerto Rico for a week and all my friends have lost weight except me. They are all size 8 & 10 and I'm a tight 16. My goal is to be in a 10 by then. If I stay focused and committed, I can do it.

Have a great Wednesday everyone and let's all stay 100% OP.

SuperCecilia
07-10-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm wearing my size 10 Old Navy jeans today! Woohoo!

jm474
07-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Hi everyone :)

Yesterday:

2. Drink 12.5 cups of water a day - Yes. It's getting easier every day!
4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - On plan all day and weigh in this morning down 3.2 pounds this week.

jm474
07-10-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm wearing my size 10 Old Navy jeans today! Woohoo!

Congrats!:carrot:

Hoopty
07-10-2013, 05:47 PM
There you go, SuperCecilia, that's awesome!!! :) :cheer:

I was OP with my calories but boy oh boy did I have a lot of chocolate. So basically, my breakfast was really healthy (1 slice of protein bread with turkey breast + 1 fried egg + 1 apple), no lunch, and then for dinner again 1 slice of protein bread with turkey breast + cucumbers + a little bit of frozen mixed vegetables and some pistachios. And well, chocolate inbetween.

I rode my bike to my sisters' which only takes me about 15 min and then I did a 35min HIIT run and lifted weights. Really curious to see how much I'll weigh in the morning.

Happy Thursday everyone!

junebug37
07-11-2013, 08:37 AM
2 days off does not sound like enough! Woke up with a splitting headache!! I know its from lack of water intake yesterday and Tuesday, especially while at work! Work was horrible, gross, stressful... :(

I had some chocolate yesterday and I skipped almost all of supper. I skipped the protein and I shouldn't have. I was just too tired!

Worked with my horse some yesterday. I'm trying to train her by myself (she's 2) but I think I will need some help and its just something more that I have to try to make time for!!

Hoping for a great day today, might take the boys to a small water park for the day! That will be a lot of moving around!

Have a good day all and send some :dust: my way if you have any extra!

I'm going to try as much as I can to stay away from stressful eating!

Kaitie9399
07-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Wahoo! Sounds like good things are happening for people this week!

Bravo SuperCecilia!

jm: Wahoo! you're stickin' to your goals.

Hoopty--I love riding a bike, it gives you great calves!

junebug: Here is all the will power dust I have: :dust: You can do this!!!

Happy Thursday Everyone!

This is the third doctor in a month to tell me that my blood glucose levels were in the 'pre-diabetic' range. EEK!! So, yesterday I lowered my carb intake to 98.8 hahaha, my goal was under 100 so I made it! I guess I definitely need to work on having a low carb diet since three separate doctors have mentioned it. I have a test tomorrow for it, does eating right yesterday and today counteract tomorrows test results? hahahahahah. Somehow I don't think so. Anyway, maybe this low carb thing is a good thing--I was down to 168.4 this morning, yeah! Finally definitely in the 160's.

Ok, it's too early for me to be this hyper.

jm474
07-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Wahoo! Sounds like good things are happening for people this week!

Bravo SuperCecilia!

jm: Wahoo! you're stickin' to your goals.

Hoopty--I love riding a bike, it gives you great calves!

junebug: Here is all the will power dust I have: :dust: You can do this!!!

Happy Thursday Everyone!

This is the third doctor in a month to tell me that my blood glucose levels were in the 'pre-diabetic' range. EEK!! So, yesterday I lowered my carb intake to 98.8 hahaha, my goal was under 100 so I made it! I guess I definitely need to work on having a low carb diet since three separate doctors have mentioned it. I have a test tomorrow for it, does eating right yesterday and today counteract tomorrows test results? hahahahahah. Somehow I don't think so. Anyway, maybe this low carb thing is a good thing--I was down to 168.4 this morning, yeah! Finally definitely in the 160's.

Ok, it's too early for me to be this hyper.

I have family history of Type 2 diabetes, my mom and her dad, so this is a huge reason for me to get my health under control. I don't want to continue the family... err...tradition. Good luck with the low carb diet :)

jm474
07-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Yesterday:

2. Drink 12.5 cups of water a day - Yes
4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - On plan all day until dinner and was given by dh a bigger portion than I had asked for by mistake but I ate almost all of it anyway, grr. This morning my tummy aches.
5. Do not obsess over weight fluctuations - Feeling ok-ish

SuperCecilia
07-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Good morning friends,

June - sorry about your headache, hope you can get more water in today.

Hoopty - great job with your workout.

JM - way to go on hitting so many of your goals. Hope your tummy feels better soon.

JM and Kaitie - I also have been told that I have insulin resistance and I take metformin. That has been a huge motivator for me in wanting to lose weight and in realizing that a lower carb diet is really the key to keeping stable blood sugar.

I was OP yesterday, though with the sadness and emotion of breaking up with my partner, I barely have any appetite and can hardly eat. I went over to his apartment for the last time to talk it out and it's just clear that though we love each other so much we are not going to be able to move forward and we have to let each other go. I go back and forth between feelings of relief of finally addressing that it wasn't working with feelings of grief and loss and guilt at hurting such a wonderful man.

Hoopty
07-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Hello girls,

Just a quick check-in. I'm super tired..

So my weight was up to 139.6 lbs this morning. TMI! I barely had to use the bathroom today and BM pulled a no-show (second time in a row now!). I'm not worried or stressing out over it, fluctuations are normal, right!

I was OP today and worked from 8-4pm. After that, DH and I helped clean my Dad's old trailer. I sat down probably twice all day long, both times to eat something. Now I'm beat...and I gotta get some sleep. I'm off for 3 days though, woohoo! Tomorrow, DH and I are getting our new phones. It's our first smartphone so do you guys know any helpful apps? (Health/running/losing weight/3FC-type-of-stuff...you know what I mean ;) )

It's 10:30pm over here, good night girls!

GettinFit
07-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Good evening everyone,

Cecelia - I'm sorry about your break-up and I hope you get through okay. Stay strong :hug: Congrats on your weight loss success.

Hoopty - I'm with you on being tired. Hope you get some rest tonight

GettinFit
07-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Good evening everyone,

Cecelia - I'm sorry about your break-up and I hope you get through okay. Stay strong :hug: Congrats on your weight loss success.

Hoopty - I'm with you on being tired. Hope you get some rest tonight.

I've had another good day and I'm feeling stronger each day.

Kaitie9399
07-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Good Evening Everyone!

My name is Kaitie and I'm a hypochondriac. Seriously, it drives me crazy that I am. I am fine, it's a routine test that they do for all people forty and over. It's routine. Grr...how do I stop?

OP for the day, carbs at 175--not what I wanted. I was trying for under 100, I think I failed miserably. :-O I exercised 31 minutes.

DH has another interview tomorrow. He is nervous as heck and worried because so far he hasn't gotten any second interviews and he's wondering what he's doing wrong in the first interview. We looked up some tips online and we went over how he should answer questions---give them a hook (awesome one line intro), details, and then a closing for each question. I hope he remembers and does it. I think he's just been so nervous that he's not selling himself enough.

Ok, I should go to bed, I have to get up at 6:30 and do my glucose test.

Cecilia: sorry about your breakup. Life is hard sometimes.

Happy Friday Everyone!

GettinFit
07-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Good morning everyone and Happy Friday!

Kaitie - I hope your DHs interview goes well and he gets a second one this time. When I was interviewing for this job a few months ago, I did the same thing you're doing and found lots of good tips online. If he's not already doing it, it may be good to do a little research on the company and then ask some questions about it or about the department. Tell him to stay as calm as possible and he'll do great.

It's a good day for me so far. I'm sticking to my program and it feels so good to be back 100% OP. The scale has been good to me this week but I really need to stop weighing myself daily for now. In the past, the scale has derailed me so many times and I don't want that to happen this time.

Have a great OP day everyone.

SuperCecilia
07-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Good morning friends,

thanks for your kind wishes and virtual hugs. Yesterday was hard and I was weepy a lot of the day but today I am feeling stronger and more focused. It is true, life is hard sometimes, but I am grateful I have so much support and I'm invigorated to rebuild my life as a single person. I was OP yesterday and went and took a yoga class. Made a big batch of mashed cauliflower with cream cheese last night to have a low-carb snack on hand.

GettinFit - congrats on another good day! I totally understand about needed to not weigh daily since the scale can derail.

Kaitie - good for you for trying to count carbs, even if you were over yesterday, I imagine that in time you will get the hang of it and figure out an eating plan that is 100 g or lower of carbs. That's about what I try to do, but I'll be honest I am winging it now and not counting. I'm sure if I went back to counting it would jumpstart my weight loss - probably something I'll do when I have more emotional energy.

hoopty - yes, fluctuations are totally normal. No need to stress.

Happy weekend everybody!

jm474
07-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Good morning friends,

June - sorry about your headache, hope you can get more water in today.

Hoopty - great job with your workout.

JM - way to go on hitting so many of your goals. Hope your tummy feels better soon.

JM and Kaitie - I also have been told that I have insulin resistance and I take metformin. That has been a huge motivator for me in wanting to lose weight and in realizing that a lower carb diet is really the key to keeping stable blood sugar.

I was OP yesterday, though with the sadness and emotion of breaking up with my partner, I barely have any appetite and can hardly eat. I went over to his apartment for the last time to talk it out and it's just clear that though we love each other so much we are not going to be able to move forward and we have to let each other go. I go back and forth between feelings of relief of finally addressing that it wasn't working with feelings of grief and loss and guilt at hurting such a wonderful man.

Thank you, I flushed with tons of water and it's much better now.

I think a lower carb diet is a really good choice for those of us with these risk factors. I feel much better with less carbs but they are foods that I really crave :dizzy:

jm474
07-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Yesterday:

4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - On plan all day until dinner, didn't overeat but ate junk food, need to make healthier choices today.

Hoopty
07-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Good evening girls,

SuperCecilia - I am so sorry about your breakup. I wish you a fast recovery from all the stress and horrible emotions :hug: Been wanting to try mashed cauliflower, hopefully I will get around to do it soon!

GettinFit - Congrats on being back OP!

jm474 - Good for you for sticking to your plan! Carbs are just..bad! So evil! HORRIBLE! But so tasty :D

Kaitie9399 - I hope everything worked out for your DH.

---

So after 2 days of a no-show my BM finally decided to...you know. I also peed TONS today and I'm feeling much better. I weighed myself before breakfast and I was 140.0 lbs. After I got done eating I finally had (TMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) a BM (total of 3 today, YES!) and I hopped on the scale again and it said 139.6 lbs.

I was soo lazy today. Our phones got here this morning and I downloaded a few apps like runkeeper, runtastic, MFP and the phone itself has a feature that's called "Shealth" that keeps track of basically everything. I tried out their step-counter thingie when DH and I went for a walk. What it said: 3095 steps, 2.31 km, 118 calories. Very interesting. I also lifted some weights and stayed OP with my food: oatmeal with nuts and blueberries for breakfast, brown rice with chicken, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, corn and some cantaloupe for lunch and cottage cheese with hazelnuts, an apple and some honey for dinner.

Tomorrow morning I'm going out for breakfast with a few girlfriends. I've never been to the place we're going to and I hope they have some healthy options. Another friend of mine is throwing a little housewarming party in the evening so I'm definitely gonna make sure I eat beforehand.

It's late and I still gotta shower. Have a great rest of the day everyone!

By the way, have I mentioned that I love our new phones? :D

GettinFit
07-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Good evening ladies,

Hoopty - Enjoy your breakfast tomorrow and your house warming party.

I'm checking in because I'm having urges to snack tonight but I am determined to stay focused and on track. I know staying in control tonight will make me stronger.

Kaitie9399
07-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

Not OP for today, it started with a 300 calorie, 75g carbs, 75g sugar glucose test drink. Blech, it tasted like extremely flat orange soda but the worst part was the four needle pricks in the exact same spot on my arm--OUCH!

Had Burger King for breakfast and a salad for lunch but then I had 'on the border' for dinner--tasted so good. I figured that no matter what I ate for dinner I'd still be over calories so I went for the gusto!

DH's interview went really well. We are expecting a second interview for sometime next week--and we're getting ready for it. *phew*

Have a garage sale tomorrow--maybe if it stops raining! Although seriously, I don't want to do it, I'd rather just give everything away.

Ok, on to a better tomorrow.

Happy Saturday!

junebug37
07-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Blah...just blah... sometimes I am so over it... all of it... I.AM.NOT.SUPERWOMAN....... lost a pound since Monday but right now I feel like I gained it back! Stress sucks.

Wish all of you a great weekend...I'm trying to relax because I have to work all weekend! BUT when I try to relax I end up feeling lazy! Bad cycle I put myself through!!! :(

jm474
07-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Stick with it over the weekend everyone!!

Yesterday:

4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - On plan all day but suffering with tummy issues again, don't know what's going on in there but it's becoming bothersome!

SuperCecilia
07-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Happy weekend friends,

So I have been totally off plan - yesterday I went to the grocery store and got some rocky road ice cream, and then had a bowl of popcorn when I watched a movie last night. This morning I made challah french toast with fresh fruit salad for breakfast. Yes, carbs through the roof. But you know what? For weeks with the stress, anxiety, and grief around facing that my long-term relationship wasn't working and couldn't continue and having to have those hard, teary conversation with my former partner...meant that I had no appetite and an upset stomach and was basically miserable. So I'm actually okay with going off plan, because I think it is a sign that I am feeling better and healing. Don't get my wrong, I'm not going to go crazy and binge (though I was tempted by cookie dough at the grocery store!), but I certainly feel like a bowl of chocolate ice cream is okay. Also, I went for a 2 1/2 mile run yesterday afternoon, and took a yoga class today (also part of taking care of myself during this transition), so definitely getting workouts in. I know there will be more tough times ahead - we never actually lived together, but I do have stuff at his apartment, so I know we will have to see each other again to deal with the actual division of stuff, but for today I am feeling hopeful and energized.

JM - way to go on hitting your goals. Hope those tummy issues get resolved!

Hoopty - Enjoy your new apps! Your food for the day sounds tasty.

June - hugs! No, you are not superwoman, and that is okay. I hope you can find some balance between work and rest. Self-care and downtime isn't being lazy, it's doing what you need to do so you can be most effective in the other areas of your life.

Kaitie - yeah, I've heard those glucose drinks are pretty icky. good luck with the garage sale and good for you for trying to get rid of stuff!

GettinFit - you can do it and stay on track!

GettinFit
07-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Hello everyone,

Kaitie - I'm glad the interview went well and I'm sure he'll do good on the second one. Hope the rain held up for your yard sale too. I have so much stuff that I need to do one too. I've been saying for 2 years now that I'm gonna do one but I haven't. Last year I ended donating most of the stuff but now I have more.

Ceilia - I'm glad you're healing and starting to feel better.

Junebug - Hang in there. I hope things get better for you.

Jm - Glad it's going good for you. Keep up the great work.

So far I've had a good day. I went to a luncheon today where there was lots of fattening stuff but I made healthy choices and only used 17 Pts. I'm still comfortably full so I won't be eating much for dinner, maybe some fruit or a small salad. For breakfast I only used 3 Pts so I was prepared to spend more Pts at lunch. I also plan to get a workout in today. The scale was down to 222 this morning. If I keep this up, I just might make my goal of losing 40 more pounds by the end of the year.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

Hoopty
07-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Good evening girls,

I was totally off plan today. I covered everything - from chocolate to chips to ice cream to crackers and cookies.

My day started out fine. I went out for breakfast and made mostly healthy choices: 1 whole-grain roll with salmon and turkey breast, cucumber slices, watermelon wedges, scrambled eggs, a little bit of bacon and a small cup of yogurt. For lunch I had oatmeal with mixed nuts, raspberries and blueberries. Then Mom and I went over to my Sisters where I started eating chocolate and chips. But it didn't stop there. I went over my friend's housewarming party where I ate a few chips and crackers, 3 (or 4?) small raisin-rolls (only gonna name the unhealthy stuff) and when I got home I had ice-cream, more chocolate and more cookies. I have a headache and I'm feeling really lazy and tired. I planned on going for a run but that didn't happen. So yeah - Lots of carbs, lots of SUGAR! lots of sodium. And on top of that - no BM. My weight is most definitely gonna be up in the morning and I'm prepared for that. Oh and by the way, I was back down to 139.4 lbs this morning.

Weird. This is the second (or third?) time that at least 3 of us were off plan at the same time. Let's have a better and healthier tomorrow! :grouphug:

GettinFit
07-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Hoopty - I'm sorry about your bad day and I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Kaitie9399
07-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Hello Everyone!!!

I am off plan for today. Pizza, popcorn, and lots of soda.

Garage Sale was kind of annoying. I really don't like them but we had so much junk. My dad cannot say 'I love you' but he does buy us lots and lots of things from garage sales. Almost everything from today was stuff he gave me--it was hard to give it all away. I kept bringing stuff back inside. I know, take the love, get rid of the stuff. But I also had a hard time getting rid of my own stuff--cd's that we don't listen to anymore because it's all on our ipods...why do I feel 'robbed' when I have all the music that I want or I could just get it all again at the click of a button? I'm seriously crazy. I bet that 20 years from now I'll be one of those crazy pack rat ladies on that show 'Hoarder' and my kids are going to have to come and clear out my junk with me yelling at them. :dizzy:

junebug: you sound like my dh. He gets himself all worked up and stressed out that he can't take a minute to himself without feeling guilty. I hope that you can find that 'happy place' and let yourself enjoy a few minutes of relaxation.

supercecilia: I agree, you need to focus on you and your emotions...a little ice cream--or even a lot of ice cream is just fine and in the long run won't ruin your diet.

I hope everyone else is doing okay. My hair is SO frizzy from being rained on every hour today and the nasty humidity in the air. Tomorrow is supposed to be super hot and humid--yeah. :(

Happy Sunday!!

GettinFit
07-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Good morning everyone,

I hope you all are having a nice Sunday so far. I'm OP and I did a 2.5 mile walk this morning even though it was lightly raining. I really need to put my scale away now. I did very good yesterday but it was up. I know it's going to fluctuate but I hate seeing the number go up :(. I know it's time to put it away so this week my goal is not to weigh except at my WW weigh in. I'm just going to focus on eating right and exercising.

I hope you all have a great day.

Today's Journal
B: Melon, Coffee
L: Ckn breast, brocolli, cabbage
D: Salad, Ckn breast
S: Popcorn
Exercise: Walked 2.5 miles

jm474
07-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Good morning everyone,

I hope you all are having a nice Sunday so far. I'm OP and I did a 2.5 mile walk this morning even though it was lightly raining. I really need to put my scale away now. I did very good yesterday but it was up. I know it's going to fluctuate but I hate seeing the number go up :(. I know it's time to put it away so this week my goal is not to weigh except at my WW weigh in. I'm just going to focus on eating right and exercising.

I hope you all have a great day.

Today's Journal
B: Melon, Coffee
L: Ckn breast, brocolli, cabbage
D: Salad, Ckn breast
S: Popcorn
Exercise: Walked 2.5 miles

I know exactly what you mean about the scale anxiety but yes, yes, put it away and focus on your successes, you did great with your walking and eating today!

jm474
07-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Hello everyone,

Kaitie - I'm glad the interview went well and I'm sure he'll do good on the second one. Hope the rain held up for your yard sale too. I have so much stuff that I need to do one too. I've been saying for 2 years now that I'm gonna do one but I haven't. Last year I ended donating most of the stuff but now I have more.

Ceilia - I'm glad you're healing and starting to feel better.

Junebug - Hang in there. I hope things get better for you.

Jm - Glad it's going good for you. Keep up the great work.

So far I've had a good day. I went to a luncheon today where there was lots of fattening stuff but I made healthy choices and only used 17 Pts. I'm still comfortably full so I won't be eating much for dinner, maybe some fruit or a small salad. For breakfast I only used 3 Pts so I was prepared to spend more Pts at lunch. I also plan to get a workout in today. The scale was down to 222 this morning. If I keep this up, I just might make my goal of losing 40 more pounds by the end of the year.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

Thanks!:hug:

jm474
07-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Happy weekend friends,

So I have been totally off plan - yesterday I went to the grocery store and got some rocky road ice cream, and then had a bowl of popcorn when I watched a movie last night. This morning I made challah french toast with fresh fruit salad for breakfast. Yes, carbs through the roof. But you know what? For weeks with the stress, anxiety, and grief around facing that my long-term relationship wasn't working and couldn't continue and having to have those hard, teary conversation with my former partner...meant that I had no appetite and an upset stomach and was basically miserable. So I'm actually okay with going off plan, because I think it is a sign that I am feeling better and healing. Don't get my wrong, I'm not going to go crazy and binge (though I was tempted by cookie dough at the grocery store!), but I certainly feel like a bowl of chocolate ice cream is okay. Also, I went for a 2 1/2 mile run yesterday afternoon, and took a yoga class today (also part of taking care of myself during this transition), so definitely getting workouts in. I know there will be more tough times ahead - we never actually lived together, but I do have stuff at his apartment, so I know we will have to see each other again to deal with the actual division of stuff, but for today I am feeling hopeful and energized.

JM - way to go on hitting your goals. Hope those tummy issues get resolved!

Hoopty - Enjoy your new apps! Your food for the day sounds tasty.

June - hugs! No, you are not superwoman, and that is okay. I hope you can find some balance between work and rest. Self-care and downtime isn't being lazy, it's doing what you need to do so you can be most effective in the other areas of your life.

Kaitie - yeah, I've heard those glucose drinks are pretty icky. good luck with the garage sale and good for you for trying to get rid of stuff!

GettinFit - you can do it and stay on track!

I think that the stomach issues must just be related to the fact that I am slowly overhauling my diet, trying to make it a little healthier everyday and my body is rebelling ha ha. It will just have to learn to get used to it! :D

jm474
07-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Yesterday:

4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - On plan all day

All ticking over nicely, nothing major to report but that's a good thing right ;)

Hoopty
07-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Good evening girls,

I was 100% OP today - no sweets, nothing salty! And, as expected, my weight was up this morning.

Breakfast: oatmeal with mixed nuts, raspberries + blueberries, vanilla soy milk
Lunch: tofu, cucumbers, 1 apple, corn
Dinner: catfish, chicken breast, mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, corn), avocado

And I did a 25 min HIIT run and lifted weights plus I drank tons of tea (unsweetened, as always!).
I weighed myself after I woke up and went to the bathroom and the scale said 141.8 lbs (+1.4 lbs). Then I ate my breakfast, had 2 BM's and just starting releasing water like crazy. I hopped on the scale again - out of curiosity - and I was down to 140.0 lbs. That's nuts!

"I do not fail. I succeed in finding out what does not work." - Thought this was a nice quote.

Anyways, have a healthy Monday everyone!

Kaitie9399
07-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Hello Everyone!! I am hyper!!!

I just did the basic zumba (60 minutes) and the 20 minute workout and I am jazzed up and energized! Holy guacamole! I am seriously making myself not get up to do the 20 minute workout again--I think I'll be very sorry tomorrow morning if I do.

Anyway, Hoopty: sorry the scale is messin' with you. It's so frustrating when you just hover in between the same 3 pounds for what seems like forever.

I looked up zumba on the internet and apparently a person who weighs 170 (like me, for now! mwhahahaha) can burn up to 668 calories an hour! So I've burned off more calories than I've eaten for the day. Of course atm I am starving but still! I think I'm going to mix zumba with wfp and I can't wait to see that scale go down, down, down!

Ok, hyper post complete.

GettinFit
07-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Great job Kaitie - You're on fire with your workouts :D

Jm - I've put the scale away. For now, it will be better for me to just focus on eating & exercise. I am so anxious to get to onederland but I know I need to be patient.

Hoopty - Glad you had a successful day too.

I was 100% OP and I stuck pretty low carb today. I'm looking forward to a great week and I hope you all have a great one too.

lilmisschattabox
07-15-2013, 05:19 AM
Been feeling very so-so and unmotivated *sigh* up about a pound which isn't a lot for the amount of cheats I've had but kind of makes me feel blah and more unmotivated. Trying to get back into it this week!

GettinFit
07-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Happy Monday everyone,

Lil Miss - A pound isn't so bad. Try and forget about the past and start fresh today. Just take it one meal at a time and once you make it through today, tomorrow will be a little easier. Believe me, I know what you mean, I was there a couple weeks ago.

I've had a good day so far and I'm happy to say that I DID NOT weigh myself this morning. When I got up, I so wanted to do it but I didn't. I think for now it will be better for me to not weigh. Once I get below onederland, I may start my daily weighing again.

I hope you all have an OP day.

My journal
B: cheeries, 100 Cal Cottage Cheese Double, Coffee, skim milk
L: Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer, 1 WW snack bar
S: WW Snack bar
D: Ckn Breast, Salad
Exercise: Walk

Hoopty
07-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Hello girls,

Another OP day for me. My Mom made her fried-coconut-sugar-dough again but I only had one piece!
DH and I went for a spontaneous 20 min jog on the trail and now I'm pooped. My weight this morning: 139.6 lbs.

Kaitie9399 - :rofl: You're too funny! Zumba sounds soooooo fun, I've been wanting to try it but I haven't gotten around to do so.

lilmisschattabox - :kickbutt: You can do it! Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start :hug:

GettinFit - Weighing daily is a habit that you've fallen into, so props to you for not doing so this morning! I like to weigh myself daily since I bought a new digital scale, it kind of gets me excited every night :D

Have a good night everyone!

jm474
07-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Yesterday:

4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - On plan all day

Another good day of staying in control, I'm starting a new challenge this week; to eat a salad every day.

junebug37
07-15-2013, 08:54 PM
I always seem to need a break when I'm working. I am really sick of the cycle I keep looping around and around. give in to small cravings -> gain at least a pound -> get pissed at myself for my weakness -> spend a week or more trying to get the triggers under control..... then get myself back on track and lose weight finally then so starts the cycle again. I had some hush puppies at "lunch" (late cause I slept all day) then skipped supper cause I wasn't hungry! I WILL BE BACK ON TRACK TOMORROW!!!

Kaitie9399
07-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Hello Everyone!!

junebug: what are hushpuppies?

Not OP for the day...I went to pizza hut...it was so good--unfortunately I ate almost my entire days calories in one sitting. BUT! I did 37 minutes of zumba (it kicked my butt!) and 30 minutes of wfp. Phew!

Have a happy Tuesday!

lilmisschattabox
07-16-2013, 04:59 AM
Thanks for the support :) Not too bad with being OP today, although did have pasta for dinner (and pizza last night - home made at least!). Worked out our budget last night and money is TIGHT. I need to try figure out some cheap weekly meals. Why does healthy food have to be so darn expensive? Anyone got any tips?

Kaitie amazing on all that exercise!
Junebug I'm sending you some :dust:
Hoopty & jm474 good on you for OP :)
Gettinfit thanks for the advice, hope you've stuck to OP!

Hoopty
07-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Off, off, off, off plan. I binged on sweet & salty food last night at around 1am and I ate very unhealthily today as well. Why do I have to be an emotional eater.

Kaitie9399
07-16-2013, 05:53 PM
hang in there Hoopty! Tomorrow's another day.

Hoopty
07-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Thank you Kaitie9399, I hope I feel better tomorrow :( Hope you had a good day! :hug:

jm474
07-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Yesterday:

5. Do not obsess over weight fluctuations - Holding on for dear life.

I'm up a few oz's and official weigh in is tomorrow. I've been eating well, probably just water weight but still......reciting my mantra........weight loss is not linear, weight loss is not linear.

Kaitie9399
07-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Hello Everyone!!!

SO! I was OP for the day---until I decided to eat after I picked up DH, he was late so my planned meal went out the window and we had to eat at Wendy's. :-( The good news is that I was so good for breakfast and lunch that I'm only 33 calories over my range.

I did 50 minutes of zumba so I'm hoping that that will make up for the burger and fries.

I was 167.8 today, .8 more until a full 40 pounds gone!!

Have a happy Wednesday everyone!

(jm: weight loss is not linear!) ;-)

lilmisschattabox
07-17-2013, 05:30 AM
I hope everything is okay Hoopty. I am an emotional eater too so I know the feeling!
Jm - good luck for the weigh in!
Kaitie - zumba has got to help with offsetting the bad dinner :)

I had taco salad for dinner. Didn't eat any of the tortillas my fiance had so fingers crossed that helps. I don't feel like I've dropped any weight but I haven't been on the scale. Maybe tomorrow cos the wondering is driving me nuts, but I'm at the point where no move, or movement up, is going to be a huge downer. Sometimes it's better to be ignorant lol. Gonna keep plugging away and hope I do something right.

junebug37
07-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Katie- you have never had hushpuppies? LOL must be a southern thing! They are like a fried corn meal mixture that you can put some onions or peppers in if you want. We always have them with seafood. We had fried fish but I stayed away! Have you ever had grits? We always have them with cheese when we have a large seafood meal. But they are usually for breakfast! I bet there are a lot of differences in food choices in different regions. When we were in Maine there wasn't sweet tea ANYWHERE! ;) It is difficult to lose weight here because traditional southern family meals have so many CARBS. It seems like every side is a carb. And all the meat in the past has been fried. We are all trying to change that!

shelflife
07-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Today's plan:
Preworkout: 1/2 banana
Post workout breakfast: Smoothie (vega one chai, almond milk, spinach, 1/2 banana)
Snack: Sprouted grain toast with peanut butter. Cherries.
Lunch: Chickpea piccata, polenta, swiss chard
Snack: Bell pepper with hummus
Supper: Grilled veggies, veggie burger, laughing cow cheese
Snack: 2 squares dark chocolate
Exercise: Bootcamp (30 minutes)

SuperCecilia
07-17-2013, 11:03 AM
I have been away for a couple of days...going through emotional stuff. My ex wanted to get together to talk again on Monday and he is really angry and hurt and it is so sad and hard. He did say that this was our final good-bye and we wouldn't see each other again, and while that is really sad I think trying to see each other or talk about it more would only hurt both of us. It is such a mix of emotions - grief, guilt, relief, hope, a sense of peace that it is the right decision...

Anyway, I hadn't weighed for several days, but got on the scale this morning and was down .6 of a pound. I am at 190.4, which means I am almost out of the 190s. It's hard to feel to happy about it with my life in such turmoil, but I guess I can be thankful that I am not gaining weight through the break-up and I am continuing to make positive steps towards creating a healthy life. It is hard to stay on plan because if I am feeling good, then I want to celebrate and eat with friends and have treats, and if I am not feeling good I have no appetite and don't want to eat at all. But I am trying to stay balanced and stick with three meals and two snacks and keeping the carbs down. I did just have some mashed cauliflower for a snack, and I did take a yoga class last night, so those are two positive choices I have made recently. I am also planning a birthday party for myself in August to gather my friends and celebrate (my ex was very anti-social and never like parties, so I had shied away from hosting them, even though I enjoy them...) and hope to be down a few more pounds and buy a cute new summer dress for the event.

sorry - no time and energy for personals right now, I will catch up more later.

junebug37
07-17-2013, 11:17 AM
SuperCecilia- I commend you for continuing in the right direction while going through so much stress. Your determination is inspiring. I think the birthday party is a great idea! Be carefree and happy with friends! :hug:

I have been working my butt off to try to stay OP these last few days. I wasn't perfect but I did the best I could. Trying to keep that perspective through these last few weeks of July. Break the cycle I keep putting myself in.

Work tonight so its a busy day for me prepping meals for me and the family while I'm at work and sleeping. I even send food to my friends who are so very kind to watch my boys so I can sleep. I'm amping myself and preparing myself for a possible stressful event on Sat when my brother is having a going away party due to moving to Virginia in the Navy. That is stressful, add another element of our father (whom I do not give the time of day to because he doesn't deserve it) being there....and its a possible recipe for disaster!! BUT I am proud of myself for going, and accomplishing all that I have in the last 2 years since my father and I have spoken so I will hold my head high and walk with confidence.

Happy Hump Day! Best wishes for all to "do your best"--Thats also the Cub Scout Motto that we teach so I'm gonna keep it!

:carrot:3/7 to present= 53+ inches lost:carrot:

jm474
07-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Hello Everyone!!!

SO! I was OP for the day---until I decided to eat after I picked up DH, he was late so my planned meal went out the window and we had to eat at Wendy's. :-( The good news is that I was so good for breakfast and lunch that I'm only 33 calories over my range.

I did 50 minutes of zumba so I'm hoping that that will make up for the burger and fries.

I was 167.8 today, .8 more until a full 40 pounds gone!!

Have a happy Wednesday everyone!

(jm: weight loss is not linear!) ;-)

lol thanks! This morning I weighed the same as last week. No gain thankfully, and still on target with my overall weight loss goals :) :carrot:

jm474
07-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Good evening girls,

I was 100% OP today - no sweets, nothing salty! And, as expected, my weight was up this morning.

Breakfast: oatmeal with mixed nuts, raspberries + blueberries, vanilla soy milk
Lunch: tofu, cucumbers, 1 apple, corn
Dinner: catfish, chicken breast, mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, corn), avocado

And I did a 25 min HIIT run and lifted weights plus I drank tons of tea (unsweetened, as always!).
I weighed myself after I woke up and went to the bathroom and the scale said 141.8 lbs (+1.4 lbs). Then I ate my breakfast, had 2 BM's and just starting releasing water like crazy. I hopped on the scale again - out of curiosity - and I was down to 140.0 lbs. That's nuts!

"I do not fail. I succeed in finding out what does not work." - Thought this was a nice quote.

Anyways, have a healthy Monday everyone!

Awesome quote!

jm474
07-17-2013, 11:48 AM
I hope everything is okay Hoopty. I am an emotional eater too so I know the feeling!
Jm - good luck for the weigh in!
Kaitie - zumba has got to help with offsetting the bad dinner :)

I had taco salad for dinner. Didn't eat any of the tortillas my fiance had so fingers crossed that helps. I don't feel like I've dropped any weight but I haven't been on the scale. Maybe tomorrow cos the wondering is driving me nuts, but I'm at the point where no move, or movement up, is going to be a huge downer. Sometimes it's better to be ignorant lol. Gonna keep plugging away and hope I do something right.

Thanks!

jm474
07-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Yesterday:

5. Do not obsess over weight fluctuations - Resigned and staying positive.

My weigh in today: Same weight as last week for a total of 15.6 pounds lost.

lilmisschattabox
07-18-2013, 06:04 AM
Jumped on the scale this morning and I weigh less than I did two weeks ago - so i've gotten that pound I gained off then some more!!! 81.4kg (179lb) so yay!

SuperCecelia :hug: break ups are really hard, it's not just losing a person, you're losing the way your life has been for however long you've been with that person. Just keep thinking positively and make sure you do things for yourself and with your friends.
Jm - 15.6lb is great!!!! I've only managed about 6lb so far!
Junebug - one of my friends is southern and it never ceases to amaze me some of the things southerners eat!!! good job trying to be healthy!!

Everyone else... hope your week is ticking along nicely :)

Kaitie9399
07-18-2013, 08:46 AM
OH Boy. So the mammography place literally scared the poop out of me. I got a letter from them saying that they need to 'complete the evaluation'. Why didn't anyone ever tell me that it is absolutely routine for first time mammogram patients to have two screenings? They should say that after the first one 'oh hey, by the way.....' I freaked out the whole dang night--seriously I slept 3 hours, that's it. GRRRRR!!!

In other news: I'm down to 166.8 this morning. Yeah! Firmly placed in the 160's now, I don't think I should ever see the 170's number pop back up, even in my night time weigh in.

My dh said that the letter meant nothing and I tried REALLY hard to believe him---cause seriously, if something was wrong they would not have sent a letter. I just think that my boobs are so ginormous that they didn't get it all in the picture like they should.

Ok, my digestive system has almost stopped shaking perhaps I can eat breakfast soon. Some day I'll listen to that little voice in my head. The first time it said, don't set up that appointment for now---and I did. I think the x--ray lady couldn't handle my big boobs. If I had listened I wouldn't of had her and probably would've avoided this trauma. AND! Something told me not to get the mail last night at 10:30. If I had listened I wouldn't have freaked out and I would've just gotten the letter this morning and just called right away. Some day I will listen. Some day.

Ok, I've ranted enough...happy Thursday.

jm474
07-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Jumped on the scale this morning and I weigh less than I did two weeks ago - so i've gotten that pound I gained off then some more!!! 81.4kg (179lb) so yay!

SuperCecelia :hug: break ups are really hard, it's not just losing a person, you're losing the way your life has been for however long you've been with that person. Just keep thinking positively and make sure you do things for yourself and with your friends.
Jm - 15.6lb is great!!!! I've only managed about 6lb so far!
Junebug - one of my friends is southern and it never ceases to amaze me some of the things southerners eat!!! good job trying to be healthy!!

Everyone else... hope your week is ticking along nicely :)

Thank you!
:hug:

jm474
07-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Yesterday:

4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - No. Went out with the kids, ate candy, fries and a chicken burger. Back on plan today.
5. Do not obsess over weight fluctuations - Staying positive.

SuperCecilia
07-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Hi friends,

I did well during the day but was pretty off plan yesterday evening - I had some chocolate ice cream after dinner and then some popcorn (not a ton) when I got together with a friend to watch a movie. I had a bit of a headache (that generally happens this time of the month) so didn't work out. But I'm not too worried about it - as long as I am not gaining (and I'm not) I am content, given all the other stuff that is going on in my life. I am on plan so far today. I am wearing my size 10 Old Navy jeans again (even though it is SO hot) which is a reminder of how far I have come - when I started this journey back in February, I literally couldn't even get them up over my bottom!

Lilmiss and June - thanks for the hugs!

JM - you are making some progress. Good for you for getting back on plan after going off yesterday. That's the thing to do!

Kaitie - congrats on being nearly at the halfway mark of the 160s! Sorry to hear about your freak-out, I can understand feeling scared. For what it is worth, something similar happened to a friend of mine and she had to go back in - there was nothing wrong, she just had what they called "dense breast tissue" so they had to do a second exam. Hang in there and I hope you can relax.

Lilmiss - congrats on your loss!

June - sounds like you have a good attitude going into this possible stressful event on Saturday. I hope you can stay positive and centered. BTW, I live in Virginia so I know all about hush puppies and that carb-heavy southern food, always served with a big glass of super sweet tea!

Shelflife - you meal plan sounds tasty!

Hoopty
07-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Good evening girls,

I've been off plan for the past few days including today and I NEED. TO. STOP. Seriously, I was doing great at the beginning of July and now I'm ruining everything.

Today for example I worked from 6am-2:30pm so this is what I ate:

4:30am - 1 banana
9am - low-fat plain yogurt with berries + granola, 2 small apples
3:30pm - 5 small chicken breast strips with wild rice, lemon cake, 1 ice cream bar, 1 thick slice of bread with nutella, chocolate
7pm - 1 big bowl of walnut and chocolate ice cream
8:30pm - 1 apple
9pm-9:25pm - Workout

HORRIBLE! After I'm done writing this post I'm gonna plan my meals for the next 2 days. On Monday my whole family, DH and I are going to a huge adventure park so I'm not sure what I'm gonna end up doing yet. The emotional eater inside me probably wants to celebrate this event by eating whatever she wants all day long but I'm definitely gonna sit down tonight and/or tomorrow and see what I can prepare for myself. It's gonna be really hard since everybody is gonna be eating their delicious junk foods around me, gah.

At least I got a good workout in today. Boy am I glad that we have our own long bar, dumbbell and barbells! Work was very, very stressful, according to my phone I took ~11981 steps today so hopefully I burned some nice extra calories.

There are a little over 2 months left until my birthday and I want to be close to goal weight. When I started my first weight loss journey 2 years ago it all just came off like it was nothing and it was so easy for me to stay on plan. I lost about 22 lbs in 4 months. And now it seems like I just can't get past those stupid 139lbs - 142lbs.

-----

lilmisschattabox - Yaaay, congrats! That must be such a great feeling :) :cheer:

junebug37 - Good luck tomorrow! Keep your chin up and stay confident! You'll manage :)

Kaitie9399 - Oh man, they should've said something! I would've freaked out too. On a good note - hope you kissed the 170s goodbye ;) How much more do you weigh at night compared to mornings?

SuperCecilia - I remember when you said you couldn't wait to wear your size 10 pants. And now look at you - wearing them like it's no big deal :) Sending you positive thoughts! :hug:

jm474 - French fries are EVIL! But good for you for staying on plan.

shelflife - Wow, your meal plan looks absolutely tasty! What does the bootcamp involve?

Kaitie9399
07-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Happy Friday Everyone! (although it seriously feels like Saturday to me)

DH's interview sucked. Grr...

My calories are OP for the day but probably not what I ate. I had Burger King for breakfast, a stupid BLT that I didn't even want for lunch and Ice Cream for dinner.

On a happier note, I did 83 minutes of zumba. (not all in a row) 20, 17, then 46. Some day my hips will actually be able to move the ways those ladies do on the dvd--I think I need to lose some inhibitions. :-)

OK, It's been a sucky past few days. DH is miserable, I'm freaked out--this is not how we were supposed to be spending our summer. He was supposed to get a job in June and work the rest of the summer while I played Molly Homemaker. Life sure does throw you some curve balls....

~*~Happy Saturday Everyone~*~

lilmisschattabox
07-20-2013, 04:45 AM
I bought jeans in a size smaller than I'd normally wear today, very exciting!! They're a bit tight, but that's just motivation to keep going!!! Plus they make my butt look good!! Lol!!!

junebug37
07-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Happy Saturday! I had pizza yesterday. I really enjoyed it and had a great time with the family and another family going bowling and to the arcade!

Weigh in at the center yesterday was 153.5. That was a 0.5 gain from last Friday. Usually I weigh in first thing in the morning and I have been hovering around 153-153.5.

This morning my first weigh in was 150.5!!!!!! I hope this is a good sign!! :) :)

Getting ready soon for my brothers party and found out their pool will be up and running... if I attempted to go swimming the confidence I am counting on will go straight out the window!! No bathing suits for me YET!

Good luck to all for a wonderful weekend!! :wave:

:cool:= 5 pounds lost
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

jm474
07-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Yesterday:

4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - Not overeating but not drinking enough water or eating enough greens the last couple of days. Need to watch that, it's an important part of the plan!
5. Do not obsess over weight fluctuations - Resigned and staying positive.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! It really helps me to keep on or get back on the right track!

jm474
07-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Happy Friday Everyone! (although it seriously feels like Saturday to me)

DH's interview sucked. Grr...

My calories are OP for the day but probably not what I ate. I had Burger King for breakfast, a stupid BLT that I didn't even want for lunch and Ice Cream for dinner.

On a happier note, I did 83 minutes of zumba. (not all in a row) 20, 17, then 46. Some day my hips will actually be able to move the ways those ladies do on the dvd--I think I need to lose some inhibitions. :-)

OK, It's been a sucky past few days. DH is miserable, I'm freaked out--this is not how we were supposed to be spending our summer. He was supposed to get a job in June and work the rest of the summer while I played Molly Homemaker. Life sure does throw you some curve balls....

~*~Happy Saturday Everyone~*~

We've had some curve balls this summer too, I wish life was more straight forward sometimes! I hope things work out for you and your dh and that your summer gets better! :hug:

Kaitie9399
07-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Hallelujah today was completely uneventful!!!!

Cleaned the house, got the new floor for upstairs---absolutely ordinary, mundane things and I am completely happy about it.

OP for the day and I did 55 minutes of zumba! and 61 minutes of wfp. I'm tired!

Happy Sunday Everyone, I hope you have a nice peaceful day.

GettinFit
07-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Hello ladies,

I've missed a few days posting. Last week was good and I lost 1.4 pounds at my W/I on Wed but then I lost it over the weekend. I was feeling lonely and I was really tired from a super busy week at work so over the weekend I turned to food for comfort :(. Today I feel AWFUL from the junk I ate. I'm trying to turn it around and get back on track today. I plan on having a 100% OP day. I just need to take it 1 meal at a time. I keep asking myself what is wrong with me that I let food have such control over me!!! I really do want to lose weight but when food calls my name, I answer.

I hope you all are having a good week so far.

jm474
07-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Yesterday:

4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - Doing better after a few bumps in the road last week.
5. Do not obsess over weight fluctuations - Feeling good.

Feeling accomplished because I came back from a couple of days of not eating well but am now on plan. I did not let it overwhelm me. I looked forward and didn't give in and keep overeating #winning.

jm474
07-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Hello ladies,

I've missed a few days posting. Last week was good and I lost 1.4 pounds at my W/I on Wed but then I lost it over the weekend. I was feeling lonely and I was really tired from a super busy week at work so over the weekend I turned to food for comfort :(. Today I feel AWFUL from the junk I ate. I'm trying to turn it around and get back on track today. I plan on having a 100% OP day. I just need to take it 1 meal at a time. I keep asking myself what is wrong with me that I let food have such control over me!!! I really do want to lose weight but when food calls my name, I answer.

I hope you all are having a good week so far.

I have no good advice but I know exactly what you mean. All you can do is just keep getting back in the game again after your slip ups. :hug:

Kaitie9399
07-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Hello Everyone!

Moderately OP for the day. Did 65 minutes of zumba! and 60 minutes of wfp. On top of that I painted the upstairs bedroom with primer, painted the trim and the some of the ceiling tiles. Phew! I'm tired!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Hoopty
07-23-2013, 05:50 AM
Hello girls,

I'm still not doing very well. Yesterday was another off-plan day but I had such a blast with DH and my family at the amusement park. We got there before it opened and left when they closed - 8 full hours of walking, rollercoasters, laughing and simply having fun! I must've taken thousands and thousands of steps. However, I ate 3 pancakes with Nutella, 2 ice cream bars, a whole thing of chocolate and just a few chips.

I weighed in 2 days ago and I was 141.6 lbs before poop and 140.6 lbs after breakfast and poop so I actually didn't really gain anything from all those off-plan days. Today the scale said 142.6 lbs (?) - somewhere around that and I'm having some bad BM's which I'm sure are from all the horrible food. I looked at all the pictures we had taken and boy oh boy am I NOT happy with the way I look. My clothes weren't flattering at all - Jeans and 2 wide tanktops and my arms and face looked so big! I had to think twice about posting them online but ended up doing it anyways because I thought: "I want people to see how I look now. My aim is to lose weight and tone up so once I hit goal I will post new pictures and everybody will be able to see the difference and be amazed!"

The H&M-online shop over here has a coupon code for free shipping so I had to get a bathing suit, some flats and I bought a pair of dark-blue pants in size 36 (6) to motivate me to keep working out and eating right. I can put them on, though they're REALLY right, but I can't button them yet. I'm so determined to fit into them! I actually like them so much that I ordered them again yesterday in size 38 (8) so I can wear them now. Hopefully I will be able to wear the size 6's by the time my birthday rolls around :fingerscrossed:

Hope all is well with everyone!

SuperCecilia
07-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Have been away for a couple of days, and have also been totally off plan. I went out to eat three days in a row for work stuff and while I didn't eat anything too awful, it was definitely more food and more carbs than I would normally eat. Eating more sweets than usual, too. And then yesterday I had a carby breakfast (french toast on white bread) and didn't have a morning snack which I know makes me too hungry, so then I was too hungry in the afternoon. True confession - I ended up making boxed macaroni and cheese and hot dogs. I'm not proud to admit it, but there it is. I have been exercising, even though it's been so hot, and took yoga classes both Sunday and Monday. I did get on the scale this morning and thought it would be really bad from several days of off plan eating and so much sodium in my mac-and-cheese/hot dog meal yesterday. I was at 193, which isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm back on track today, and had scrambled eggs for breakfast with whole wheat toast smeared with avocado - good fat and protein. Planning to make chicken and zuchinni (from the garden!) for lunch, and baked fish and more veggies for dinner. I am out of my usual routines since my break-up with DBF and haven't really been intentional about food. But I know eating sweets and carbs isn't good for my mental or physical health or make this transition any easier. So - back on track!

Hoopty - thanks for your kind words! Oh, my goodness - Nutella is like a drug to me. I can't even be near the stuff. That is definitely a challenge of being back in Germany, I imagine.

Julia - good to see that you are moving along with your goals!

GettinFit - I am in solidarity with you!

June - you are almost out of the 150s! Awesome!

Lilmiss - congrats on the pants! Way to go!

jm474
07-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Yesterday:

4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - Did well
5. Do not obsess over weight fluctuations - Staying positive.

Kaitie9399
07-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Blah, blah, blah.

That's how I'm feeling right now. I do tons of exercise and the stupid scale goes up. UP! annoying. I know, building muscle....but it still sucks to see the numbers up 2 1/2 pounds. This stupid second mammogram thing is weighing on my mind, I know that I'm fine--I just wish that it was done and over with. And DH is still freakin' out about not getting a new job, he's convinced that he's doing something wrong during the interview, personally, I think it's his weight. No one wants to hire a fat guy. I know he can do the job but people look at the outside first. Stinks.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

SuperCecilia
07-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Kaitie - sorry to hear you are feeling so frustrated! I hope you can get the second mammo done soon and get positive results so you can put that stressful situation behind you.

Julia - keep up the good work!

I got into the kitchen yesterday and started cooking with good stuff from the garden - I made red cabbage and green onion slaw with a lime juice and olive oil dressing, some potato salad with cucumber and red onion, gazpacho (hooray!), and some beet salad. So, needless to say, I had a healthy dinner with lots of veggies. So I was OP yesterday, then I went out to a movie with a friend and had a popcorn. It was a small, and it was really my only carbs for the day, so even though it's off plan it's better than the previous five days have been. OP so far today and had my morning snack not long ago. Had a lot of frustrations this morning at work and was crabby for a bit but I'm feeling better now.

jm474
07-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Yesterday:

4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - Did well
5. Do not obsess over weight fluctuations - Happy

Weigh in today: down 1.6 pounds.

lilmisschattabox
07-25-2013, 06:40 AM
Only lost 0.2kg (1/2lb) which isn't a lot, but it's TOM this week so I'm just happy with any kind of loss. Will try get back into the swing of things and do personals tomorrow. Have a great day people!

Hoopty
07-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Hello girls,

It's been so hard for me to get back on track. There has been a lot going on lately - amusement park, my niece and her friend visiting, my family playing video games all night long - that I've been really tired and not able to stick to healthy food. On top of that it's been SO hot that I just can't motivate myself to go for a run.

This morning I had my usual oatmeal + nuts + cranberries + banana for breakfast, for lunch I plan on having avocado + tofu + tomatoes + corn + kidney beans and dinner will probably consist of catfish + cucumber + peppers. Also, I'm gonna do some weight training later this evening, hopefully it won't be as hot as it was last night.

I've told myself to avoid the scale for a few days. I started this month at 142 lbs and I'm hoping to start next month at <140 lbs. There's exactly one week left so I definitely have enough time to lose a couple. BUT - it's PMS-week for me which means if the number on the scale doesn't go down then I can't and shouldn't be too mad at myself IF (and only if!) I stayed on plan and worked out.

Oh and also - my size 8 pants got here yesterday and they fit perfectly!

I hope I'll be back later with GOOD news. Today has to be my first 100% OP day. It will get easier if I can stick to my plan today.

I know it's still early over there so have a great and healthy day!

junebug37
07-25-2013, 08:28 AM
ok, I am now convinced that I have some sort of vitamin and/or electrolyte depletion. There is no way that I can be eating this healthy and have ZERO energy every day!! I have felt like I've been run over by a truck for the last week or so. I made a huge mistake at work last night and had to go to the ER. I should have gone back to work but I had to just come home. I have to go back tonight and I hope I'm not in trouble. I need to walk some today but I honestly don't think I have the energy. I'm weighing in early today cause its closer and I wont have to go after work tomorrow morning. I hope my weigh in isn't bad cause I really need some boosting. The weigh in center suggested I try B-12 shots but they are so expensive! I've spent so much money on this eating plan and I also need my shakes and supplements.

I am so stressed.................... and overwhelmed............................

:carrot:53 total inches lost:carrot:

:cool:=5 pounds lost
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Kaitie9399
07-25-2013, 09:09 AM
junebug: Health food stores make B-12 liquid drops that you take under your tongue--much cheaper than shots and holy cow they seriously gave me so much energy I was bouncing off the walls. I only used it for a week and have been fine ever since.

jm474
07-25-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm checking out for a few days while we take a little family vacation. See you next week!

junebug37
07-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Thanks Katie, they might help me better than the sublingual tablets I've been taking. I really need something.

My weigh in shows a 1lb loss so Happy Day. Off to sleep to try to get this night of work started off right!

SuperCecilia
07-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Julia and lilmiss - congrats on your losses! And Julia, enjoy your vacation!

June - sorry to hear you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed! Hugs! I have had friends with B12 deficiency and it really can cause low energy and lots of other issues.

Hoopty - congrats on the size 8 pants! I suppose that now that I am wearing my size 10s, I should get myself a pair of size 8s to work my way into. Good luck getting back on track - you can do it!

Was OP with eating yesterday, but didn't get my workout in because when I was going to head out for a brisk walk/jog after dinner, the rain and thunder started. Well, I'm on track today and have it on my calendar to go take a yoga class after work. I really want to make progress on my 30/30 goal - 30 pounds gone, and BMI under 30, which I will hit when I get to 188. July has basically been a maintenance month for me with all the emotional stuff I'm dealing with, but ready to get back on the routine I know works for me so I can hit that 30/30 goal in August!

Hoopty
07-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Good evening everyone,

I did it! I was 100% OP, woohoo! :cheer2:

Breakfast: oatmeal with mixed nuts and cranberries + 1 banana
Lunch: tofu with mixed vegetables and avocado + 1 orange
Snack: oatmeal with mixed nuts + 1 apple
Dinner: catfish with cheese + field salad with corn + 1 cup blueberry cottage cheese
Exercise: 25 min weight training

I started getting really hungry about 2 hours after I had eaten lunch and I was so close to grabbing something unhealthy. However, I told myself NO and ate a bowl of oatmeal with an apple instead.

Since I have work tomorrow I thought it would be a good idea to prepare the food I'm gonna eat when I get home. So I already baked one cubed sweet potato and all DH needs to do is grill some pork chops. The rest is easy-peasy stuff - fried eggs and a salad.

-----

jm474 - Have fun on your family vacation and be safe!

lilmisschattabox - Yay, congrats on the loss! Always better than a gain ;) I know this is really random, but how is the weather over there?

junebug37 - Yay yay, congrats!! I really hope you feel better soon and find a solution as to why you always feel so tired.

SuperCecilia - Good idea with the size 8 pants. It's a safe way to see whether you've lost weight or not. I was even thinking about taking before/after pictures (just for myself). You've only got a couple of pounds to lose and then you're at your 30/30! I think it's great that you haven't gained anything during this difficult time. I hope the month of August will be a happy, healthy and successful one for you :)

lilmisschattabox
07-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Good morning ladies!

Not feeling the best today - stupid immune system! It keeps half fighting things off, so I don't really get sick, but I don't feel great either. I'm getting some multivitamins today! But I have three days off so feeling happy about that!!

I've got just over a kg (2lb) to lose by the end of the week to meet my July goal! I think I'll be pushing it, but I'm gonna try! Plus I think we are going to see friends of my DF's band next weekend and it would be nice if my jeans felt a lil' looser for next weekend. Plus I don't want to look like the frumpy fat fiance when I meet his friends. Which I will anyway at this weight lol, but every little bit lost makes me feel better about myself!

Hoopty yay for 100% OP! That's great!!! The weather is kind of grey and cloudy today. But not too cold which is nice. How is it in Germany? My boss is German!
SuperCecelia That's a good goal. Good luck for August!
Junebug I hope the B12 helps and you start feeling better. Are you okay and was everything okay at work?
Kaitie don't worry about the scales, the exercise you're doing sounds awesome!
Julia enjoy your holiday!
Gettinfit hi if you're around!

Hope I got everyone :)