Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - June 2013 - Everyone Welcome!

Diana3271
05-31-2013, 02:00 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

magical
05-31-2013, 04:13 PM
Hey Diana, how are you doing? Popping in to say that everything is going well. I haven't been keeping track of my food as I've been so busy with work etc but diet has been good.

Hope everyone is well!

alaskanlaughter
05-31-2013, 07:38 PM
its the end of my busy crazy week!! yay!!

the scale jumped up again :( but it always does that...yesterday it was 183, today it was 187 despite eating NO food in between those times AND getting a solid workout in....I attribute it to being super sore and exhausted....but who knows

im over a little bit on WW points today :( my stomach has been upset all day (DH has been home all week with the same thing) and the only things that sat well on my stomach was French toast and ice cream :( which sucked for the WW points but I did feel tons better afterwards with my stomach....weird, why can't oranges and lettuce help my stomach like that? we had AMAZING oranges at work and all they did was upset my stomach more :( I soooo wanted to eat more oranges but didn't dare

Diana3271
05-31-2013, 09:58 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Magical Great job sticking with your program. Sounds like you have made a lifestyle change that's working for you.

Alaskanlaughter Sorry about the gain. It sounds like water weight since it fluctuated that much.

HungryHungryHippo Maybe you can add a couple hundred calories each day. That may stop the losses. I was doing that when I first got to my goal weight. I would easily drop down lower and I started looking think at times.

Amarantha How do you get your extra steps in if you just want to add to your total?

Psychic Congrats on the loss! We had to wear white dresses/white gowns for our HS graduation, too. Awful!

Gonna Get There Soon Enjoy the weekend. Sounds like you have some fun plans!

Syckgirlsfv Congrats on the .6! I hope you elbow feels better soon.

Ian Glad you enjoyed the dinner. I'm sure the food had a lot of salt.

Sotypical Not only do I order sauces on the side or no sauce, but I order without seasoning, too. This is how I order: grilled protein, no salt, no seasoning, no butter, no oil and steamed veggies, no salt, no seasoning, no butter, no oil. :lol: Glad yesterday was good! :carrot:

Chronostasis It's always difficult when we are out of our normal routine. There are so many food challenges with vacation. Hang in there.

Diana3271
05-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Total Approx 1480 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Steak 500 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
Project You Full Body Circuit w/#1 weighted gloves and #10's

Diana3271
06-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Good Morning :wave: Happy Weekend! :carrot:

Calories for yesterday: 1480 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.8
No Change

Psychic
06-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1717
Today's Weight: 175.4

Another good loss. As long as it sticks, I'll be happy.

Diana3271
06-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1717
Today's Weight: 175.4

Another good loss. As long as it sticks, I'll be happy.

Great job! :bravo:

novangel
06-01-2013, 09:50 AM
*pokes head in* :wave:

I want to re-join this thread. Once I hit goal I've been slacking big time...I was also caught up in the career change and with no more weight to lose I lost 80% of my motivation. I went from gym rat 5-7 days a week to 2 days. :/

I haven't weighed in over a week because I had a food fest memorial weekend and now TOM is due; although I don't think I had a real significant gain.

The Maintenance forums just aren't cutting it for me.

Anyway it's June 1st so time for me to get serious again! Diana, you are the best motivator so here I am. :)

Going to the gym later, I have errands to run first.

Diana3271
06-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Novangel Welcome back. :wave: How is the new job treating you?

novangel
06-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Wonderful!!! Best decision I've made in a long time and after doing the math I calculated that I'm taking home the same amount of money, so I broke even with 100x less stress. :) I'm very happy. :carrot:

Diana3271
06-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Novangel Excellent! I am so glad it was a positive more for you. I know you were concerned in the beginning, but it came together so smoothly. It was meant to be. Good for you!

IanG
06-01-2013, 12:24 PM
So we have moved in here now?

Down 1.4lbs today, which is great. I am so close to the single digits. And I managed to go for a 2.5 mile run again this morning which is great. I hope to pop out in the afternoon to practice my tennis serve.

I was thinking that I had not done a body part challenge in some time. So, in the interests of accountability unless I lose again tomorrow, a digit gets it! .

Anyways:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar.
2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with lite mayo

Lunch: Salad with corn, lettuce, chicken, cockles, garlic, olives, pickled onion, sun-dried tomato and bell peppers.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Palate Wrecker)

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Ran 2.5 miles in 26 minutes. Will spend an hour or so on the tennis court.

Psychic
06-01-2013, 01:11 PM
novangel - Glad to hear that the new job is working out.

IanG - Keep at it. You're doing great.

alaskanlaughter
06-01-2013, 01:54 PM
novangel welcome back!! wondered where you were and how it was going for you!

I have a nice slow day today, with errands to run but nothing super busy....slept in past 5 a.m. LOL and got up after 9 a.m. ...nice! rest day today after 10 days in a row of running

Diana3271
06-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Quick post with something funny:

I just finished my yoga workout :D

As you may recall from the other week, the Dr. had a new prescription for me. She prescribed a higher dosage of Synthroid since my numbers are still off. She also prescribed weekly yoga.

As most of you know, I love kickboxing. Kickboxing has helped me fitness wise and I feel that it helps me with my stress levels.

I have a new mantra! :lol:

If I can't control it, cure it, or kill it with kickboxing, :boxing: I will love it to death with yoga! :yoga:

Zen, Baby! :rofl:

Chronostasis
06-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Your new mantra made me laugh, Diana. xD

Breakfast:
3 turkey sausage links (100 kcal)
scrambled eggs with fresh salsa (most likely made with a lot of butter, since I didn't make them)
cup of raspberry green tea

Snack:
Cashew Cookie Larabar

Lunch:
lots of plain cucumber slices, carrots with garlic hummus (this kind of humus is higher-cal than what I normally have :/)
potato chips
multigrain chips with super-high-calorie chicken salad (300 kcal in 1/4 cup?!)
tortilla chips with thick guacamole
fresh fruit mix (mango and strawberries)

Aaaaaaaack. Nearly everything I've had today is high-fat/high-calorie AND I overate. I'll probably have to eat more at dinner too (family will be mad if I don't :/), and there's no water or veggies left to fill me up...(mom already gave me a lecture for eating/drinking more than my share of cucumbers and bottled water)
I feel awful. I just want to be home with my normal food. :(

alaskanlaughter
06-01-2013, 07:11 PM
its pouring rain....and I want to go for a run outside with my teenager...I need to get him out and active more than he is and he brought his gym shoes home from school now that it's summer....I really want to go for a run and im convincing myself that pouring rain is fine lol

ETA: yup that was VERY wet run....I took teenager and we ran a route that's a few miles long...I didn't push him to run too far or too fast because he's not used to running but he kept up with my pace, we just didn't run too far at one time...I didn't realize HOW wet it was until I got home and now have to peel the clothes off me lol

Aidanqm
06-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Today, I walked for over 80 minutes... eh.
Skipped breakfast. Had lunch with my sister. Had a grilled chicken panini with cheese. Ate too much bread (it was a pasta place, lol). Also had a cup of vegetable soup. She wanted to get dessert so we had milk-based gelato as well. Had one tablespoon of almond butter for "dinner." Lunch was too heavy so I'm just not going to eat anything else tonight. I'll go back to my meal plan tomorrow.

Which, by the way, is:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c364/Aidanqm/junemealplan_zpsb9802bb6.jpg

It's about 1,500 calories per day. Macros are roughly 50f/150c/130p...
I want to kick it into hardcore mode this June since this is my and my best friend's birthday month. 26 and 25th, respectively. She challenged me to lose 10lb by then. I told her I'd be more comfortable with 105. :p

Either way, need to help keep myself accountable and structured this month, big time. I'm planning on alternating between lifting and cardio... either running, spin biking, or outdoor biking. Also, I'm going to count TRX as body weight lifts.

Also, oh my god. I have the Ragnar Relay in FIVE days. It snuck up on me like BAM! :dizzy: I need to stay trim this week so I can haul *** for the race. Lol.

novangel
06-01-2013, 10:22 PM
I got crunched for time so only spent 35 minutes jogging the treadmill but it's better than nothing. It's the beginning of a new month and almost time to bring out the bikini. It's colder than usual for June (upper 60's and lower 70's) but hopefully the pools are open next week when my son starts day camp.

I work tomorrow 10-4pm, gym closes at 7pm so I will just plan to jog outside after dinner so I don't feel rushed. I'm cooking pork chops tomorrow night. :p

Night all!

IanG
06-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Where is Diana? She must be on a late one today.

Diana3271
06-01-2013, 10:57 PM

DH had to take a friend to the outpatient hospital so we ended up eating late. In fact, I just finished with the dishes.

Chronostasis Hang in there. You will be home soon. When will you return home?

Aslakanlaughter Good job getting that run in.

Aidanqm Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Novangel Good job getting that jog in. You definitely made a good effort to get it done! :carrot:

Ian Hi :wave: Great job on the 1.4 pounds! Did you get a chance to practice your serve?

Diana3271
06-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Total Approx 1570 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (350 calories)
Grass fed 2% Greek yogurt 270 calories
apple 80 calories

Dinner (825 Calories)
Kid's Chicken Pasta Alfredo 325 calories
extra chicken 150 calories
broccoli/asparagus/yellow squash 100 calories
Low Fat Fruit & Yogurt Parfait Cup 250 calories

Exercise:
Fat Free Yoga: No Impact Aerobics, You Life Is Your Glands, and Deep Relaxation
Suzanne Deason's Quick Start Yoga For Weight Loss - 30 Minute Total Body Yoga Workout

Diana3271
06-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Calories for yesterday: 1570 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.6
Down: .2

mamakat
06-02-2013, 09:10 AM
One ceiling left to go. Hallway, stairs and foyer floor. And living room, a second coat. And lots of cutting and touch ups. That's my plan for the week. DH is going to paint the last ceiling as my hands gave up holding anything. Ought to be fun to cut in the walls, on a ladder.

Weight wise, I'm holding at 183 (100lbs mark). That is good enough for me. Other than my hands and sore muscles, everything feels fine. I'm sleeping and eating (normally). My moods are generally good. Maybe June will bring some weightloss we can only hope.

Happy June everyone!

Psychic
06-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1571
Today's Weight: 175.2

I binged a bit yesterday, but I did enough exercise to get my calories back to a reasonable amount. It helped that I had a light breakfast yesterday.

Muffy100
06-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Hi ladies.
This is my first day of committing to my life and wellness.
I believe I will need daily check ins and motivation. ;)
Wish me luck.

alaskanlaughter
06-02-2013, 01:16 PM
welcome muffy!! this is a great thread to check in on!!

Psychic
06-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Muffy - Welcome. :)

IanG
06-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Down 2.6lbs today, my largest ever daily loss. I hope it stays off!

I did practice my serve yesterday Diana and it was fun. I hope to go again today if the rain holds off and there is enough day light.

Anyways:

2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with lite mayo. Some olives.

Lunch: Salad with rare, sesame crusted tuna, roasted peanuts, lettuce, fried carrot and an orange vinagrette.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Palate Wrecker)

Exercise: Ran 2.6 miles in 26 minutes (my longest ever run). Helped a friend mount a flat screen TV on the wall. May get to practice my tennis serve.

Diana3271
06-02-2013, 09:55 PM

Where do the weekends go? I really need to find a way to retire. I think I would be good at that. :lol:

Mamakat Good job maintaining right now. I'm glad to hear that things have stabilized and you are back to sleeping and eating well. You have really pushed through the tough times. I hope June is a fantastic month for you. I love your smile in your avatar. You always seem to light up.

Psychic How did you do today? It's so hard to keep doing this day in and day out. Sometimes you just want to eat. It sounds like you kept things somewhat in control.

Muffy Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Alaskanlaughter Hi :wave:

Ian Congrats on the 2.6 pounds! That's awesome!

Diana3271
06-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Total Approx 1215 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (460 Calories)
homemade Chicken salad sandwich 350 calories
small ice cream sandwich 110 calories

Dinner (360 calories)
Ricotta cheese 210 calories
1 piece cinnamon raisin toast 110 calories
pumpkin butter 40 calories

Exercise:
4 Mile Outdoor Walk Jog

GMNEVO
06-02-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm baaack!! Its June already!! :eek: Time is flying!! Went away for the weekend so wasn't able to weight myself. Tried to stay active, walked a lot. Went a little of plan with the diet but considering the options, took the lightest choices (MacDonalds donesnt have many good light choices:shrug:)

Will be back tomorrow after weight in hopefully dropped, but if I stayed the same weight I'l take it as long as its not a gain I'm a happy camper.

Now tomorrow I'm going back on track already packed all my meals and snacks so I stay on plan while at the office.:D

Got a new sports bra in so exited about giving it a try tomorrow at the gym hopefully won't knock myself out with a boobie :woops:

Anyways hope everyone had an excellent weekend lets get June started with the right foot.

Katydid77
06-03-2013, 12:43 AM
I'm feeling out of control with weightloss right now. I am not binging or anything like that, but I think I sabotaged myself with my whole plateau thing.

Truth is, I know there were some days where I upped calories, and was more lax, and while I would SWEAR it wasn't enough to throw off my weightloss, I am not mentally thinking that maybe I was just tricking myself into thinking I was in a deficit.

I don't know. I KNOW I was not eating a lot, and that I was hungry often enough to where that usually means I'm in a solid deficit. Past that I don't know.

Today my food was:

1/2 pimento chz and some pasta salad from Zoe's (450)
parfait (310)
1/2 of a 1/2 bacon roll (200)
americano espress x2 (120)
1 sip of shake (20?)

Total cals: 1050

Weight is still holding at 150.5

I don't know. I'm in the feeling where I don't think I'm doing enough or somehow I'm lying to myself about what I am taking in.

I know it's mental. The scale isn't moving and I haven't dropped any real inches or sizes in the past couple of weeks (since when I mentioned it on here).

Got to stick with the basics and muscle this out. I'll feel much better when I get down to where I feel like I am in virgin territory again.

Psychic
06-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Diana3271 - I did well again today, but I did eat chips again. Luckily they're gone now, so I won't be eating them.

Yesterday's Calories: 1369
Today's Weight: 175.8

B - Coffee w/ Slimfast Cappuccino Delight
L - Tofu w/ Mushrooms and Gravy
S - Flatout w/ Peanut Butter & Sugar Free Jelly
D - Flatout w/ Tuna, Veggies, and Caesar Dressing
S - Garlic & Sea Salt Chips
Exercise: 15 Minutes Calisthenics

I am a bit bloated this morning. TOM and water weight. I drank a lot of water before bed because I did a pretty intense workout. I think that's why the scale is up a bit.

Diana3271
06-03-2013, 07:15 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1215 + :coffee:
Weigh In; 159.2
Down: .4

mamakat
06-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Another day of painting. DH is dropping out of the low carb dieting :( He of course will see to my needs, but he said while he's away from home, he's back on carbs. He just can't take it anymore. I really don't have much option, so I'll just keep chugging along :)

Diana Thanks for the avi compliment. It's so funny what weight loss will do for a person. You can hardly find any pics of me from my past and none of them are smiling. Most are grumpy faces and/or food in my mouth (which I hated...MIL loves snapping photos of me eating!). Now I'm forever taking pictures...my Facebook "friends" must be sick of me posting :rofl:

Ian you are rocking this new lifestyle. Two in a day! Very nice. Keep up the great work! BTW Love your name...my son's name is Ian :D

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

Gonna Get There Soon
06-03-2013, 10:05 AM
No movement on the scale today. Last week it had me in the 170's....now I'm back in the 180s.....really irritates me.
I don't log my cals on the weekends...but I've pretty much been OP. ugh. :(
Had a great weekend with the kids. We took them out to the lake where my 7 year old son got burned on his back because mom forgot to put it on his back. I remembered his face and the front...but somehow managed to space tha out. So later on in the evening I put some aloe on it for him.....about 10 mins later he comes up to me and says " Mom is my sunburn gone yet?" Little cutie.

I NEED A WHOOSH!!! Happy Monday!

alaskanlaughter
06-03-2013, 10:42 AM
good morning :) I was up later than I like to be up last night due to picking up some people off the ferry...got about 6 hours of sleep (when i'd prefer 7-8) and got up at 5 a.m....it turned out to be sunny this morning so I went for a run outside....sunny but NOT warm...about 35-40 degrees and I could see my breath...but it didn't trigger asthma and I had a nice run...off to work soon

IanG
06-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Thanks mamakat and nice job on the painting! I do a lot of that myself as I am building my own second bathroom. I am tiling right now. I cannot think of many things more exhausting than DIY. It's great exercise.

Anyway, down another 0.8lbs today! I normally get a gain on Tuesdays so I hope I can keep some of these recent big losses off.

I am playing mixed doubles tennis again tonight if the rain holds off. I am super-excited about that because of all the pratice I have been doing on my serve. My colleageus were laughing at my serve the last time we played, so I am hoping to impress. Wish me luck.

For today:

2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with lite mayo. Some olives.

Lunch: Medium salad with chicken, egg, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, quinoa, cabbage, cottage cheese, mushroom, green beans, red pepper, asparagus, artichoke, beet, onion, corn, chick peas and spicy salsa.

Dinner: Will drink beer after tennis hopefully.

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. 50 minutes doing weight training in the gym. Hopefully will play mixed doubles tennis for a couple of hours tonight.

Diana3271
06-03-2013, 08:04 PM

GMNEVO Sounds like you made the best choices that you could. Good job staying active.

Katydid Maybe go back to the basics with tracking your foods and counting calories. Try that for a couple weeks to see how it goes. Do you measure your foods? Sometimes the little things can make a difference.

Psychic I'm glad your day went well. PS: Did you mean 175.8? :D i know you didn't gain 10 pounds.

Mamakat Are you kids out of school, yet? I know there was a delay due to the storms. The kids here are starting to get out of school.

Gonna Get There Soon I hope you get that whoosh! :carrot:

Alaskanlaughter Good job on the run. Last night when I walked/jog, I had a sweat ring all the way down to the bottom hem of my shirt! :yikes:

Ian Good job on the .8. You have had some great losses recently. Good luck with your tennis match today.

Diana3271
06-03-2013, 08:06 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 500 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Project You Full Body Circuit w/#1 weighted gloves and #10's

IanG
06-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Thanks Diana. I lost my tennis match bad :(

But hopefully losing will help me lose :)

And we had two beers afterwards. :)

Bowling with work colleagues tomorrow.

GMNEVO
06-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Back on plan with the calories + 30 min of cardio and some weights :)

Current weight 263.0 which means I lost 9 pounds in May( with 2 vacations + a mini break up booyahh!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:)

lilmisschattabox
06-04-2013, 05:03 AM
I'd like to join in :) I'm just starting again. I lost 5kg (11lb) last year, stalled horribly and have since put it back on. This is my transition week to eating healthier, using up the food in the house that I don't want to be eating next week, although still trying to eat well. Also giving up alcohol for June, wish me luck!

Today:
Breakfast - Home-made natural muesli with yoghurt
Lunch - sandwich thins with cottage cheese & smoked chicken, scoop of yoghurt
Snack - organic corn chips, peanut butter cookie (whoops)
Dinner - potato & leek soup, corn bread

Not the worst I've eaten for a while! I will take what improvements I can get :)

Diana3271
06-04-2013, 07:06 AM

I am having an angioedema flare up. I noticed it brewing between Sat/Sun. Sunday night I took my regular Benadryl but added in an extra child's dosage. I didn't do that last night. I have been noticing my lips flaring up but this morning I also have hives. Maybe tonight I will take the extra child's dosage again. I'll see how it goes. If I didn't take the antihistamines I would probably gain 3 pounds over night like I did before.

I don't think I mentioned my crazy DOMS from my walk/jog on Sunday. Geesh! I had them yesterday and was walking funny. :rofl: I still have them today. They might be worse, but I haven't moved enough to tell. :lol:

Weigh In: 159.2
No Change

lilmisschattabox Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Psychic
06-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Diana - Haha. Yeah, mistype.

Yesterday's Calories: 1633
Today's Weight: 175.6

B- GetBalance Cereal & Almond Milk
S - Fiber One Brownie
L - Salad & Lean Pocket
S - Hot Cocoa
D - Subway Chipotle Chicken
S - Pepperoni Roll

Gonna Get There Soon
06-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Well so my official weigh in was today and I am officially in the 170's. Not by much, but I'm there. FINALLY got my sister to join 3fc and myfitnesspal. So now at least I have a buddy. I think my dh gets sick of hearing me talk about my cals....but he would never say it. I sure hope she follows through.

I have been slightly depressed lately. Can't quite put my finger on the reason.... I think maybe it's because I think I might have hit a small plateau. I don't know...and 2 of my 5 kids are at my sisters house and I miss them. ugh.
1320 cals yesterday
180 burned in exercise
1140 net

Have a good day guys

Chronostasis
06-04-2013, 09:36 AM
I am finally back home! So glad to be back. Vacation did a number on me physically: sunburns, sunsickness, poor diet, dehydration, digestive problems, not enough exercise... time to remedy all that! Haven't weighed in yet, I need a little time to get back in the swing of things first.
(in the meantime, I'll get catching up on personals here :))

Gonna severely limit my consumption of dairy and meat for a while and try to "eat clean." We don't have any fresh fruit or veggies right now (have to go grocery shopping), so today will probably be lots of frozen fruit and veggies and some beans or lentils.

IanG
06-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Hope you are feeling better soon Diana.

Tennis last night helped me take off another 0.4lbs today.

But the big news is that I managed to run 3.5 miles on the treadmill today in 35 minutes. By far my longest run. Almost a mile longer than my previous record. Can't believe it happened.

Anyway, for today:

2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with lite mayo.

Lunch: Medium salad with chicken, egg, lettuce, tomato, quinoa, stuffed vine leaf, brussel sprouts, cottage cheese, mushroom, red pepper,kidney beans, beet, onion, corn and spicy salsa.

Dinner: Will drink beer at bowling.

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Ran 3.5 miles in the gym in 35 minutes.

Bowling tonight with work colleagues. Should be a fun one!

Syckgirlsfv
06-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Hey all! :wave:

I've been annoyed with my lack of self control lately...meaning, I had vodka 2 nights (one of the nights was 3 or 4 shots :( ) SHAME on me! I am now suffering the consequences of my body being thrown off and carrying 3 pounds of extra water!!! :mad: Haven't ridden my bike since Saturday, and went to grad practice last night, so that's 2 days of more water that I usually sweat out riding! BOO! Taking a good, long ride tonight!!! Also, calendar shows me as fertile right now, and that usually also has me holding water. Back on track as of yesterday!

B - SBD wrap w/egg sub, horseradish cheddar, turkey bacon
S - watermelon
L - ground beef/rotel/broccoli
S - cranberry nut mix, mini babybel light
D - going to do a skillet of ground turkey, zucchini, and cabbage

WINE (1 glass)

Vegas is now 1 month away and I'll be damned if I'm going to **** it up now! :dizzy:

Chronostasis
06-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Breakfast (510 kcal):
cup of black/green tea
large watermelon-lime frosty (frozen watermelon, lime juice, water) - 95 kcal
cup of peppermint tea
4 Gummy Vites - 30 kcal
1 can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained - 385 kcal
probiotic supplement

Lunch (230 kcal):
steamed broccoli florets - 50 kcal
1/2 very large baked sweet potato - 180 kcal

Early dinner (~400 kcal):
LOTS of lemon lentil soup (broth, water, red lentils, lemon juice&zest, onion, garlic, fresh oregano) - 400 kcal

Late dessert (80 kcal):
small mango strawberry smoothie (frozen mango, frozen strawberries, water) - 80 kcal

Total calories: ~1220
Exercise: C25K W1D2

Good day. :D

mamakat
06-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

Diana I hope you are feeling better soon. My kids aren't out of school til the 21st! Can you imagine? And no, most of the classes do not have A/C. Even in CT it gets hot...I don't know how the kids can manage. I know personally my eldest is getting too hot to think and a few of his grades are showing it...Spanish went from A to F in a quarter...yikes. Just no umph left to give.

I painted half my steps and then proceeded to loosen the railing using them to skip steps (bathroom runs). Found out my steps are taller than most so skipping for my short legs is almost impossible...almost, hence the reason my railing needs to be fixed. I painted in the squats position as my knees no longer have fat to protect the bones and boy does it hurt to kneel. :lol: I kept thinking, I could not have been able to do this a few years ago. Amazing moment of clarity...maintenance is better than gaining (or in my case, losing the abilities I now have). I can't wait to see the stairs finished because they are super ugly right now.

I hope everyone has a great night.

alaskanlaughter
06-04-2013, 08:02 PM
I am SO SORE :( I think the regular gym time, outdoor running PLUS spending most of my work day on my feet and walking is taking its toll....I did 45 minutes this morning of HIIT running sprints and walking inclines before 6 a.m this morning, then I went to work from 730-3 p.m. and was on my feet nearly the entire time....my feet are actually SORE which is very unusual

now I have an hour or so off and then I have a staff meeting tonight

the scale has been all over the place....mostly up....I know it has to do with my new work schedule, lack of sleep, muscle soreness and not having my regularly scheduled bathroom time (TMI) but ....just ughhhhh

novangel
06-04-2013, 10:08 PM
I haven't been to the gym in 3 days. I don't want to make excuses but I had a semi bad day (first customer complaint) and have horrible PMS fatigue.

I can't get my serious motivation back after the career change process. I was so stressed w/ dental job and busy with preparing for state cosmetology exam (and finding a salon job) that I derailed and can't seem to get back on track. I will go to the gym and then not go for 3-4 days, and then force myself to go again. Before I actually looked forward to exercise and now? :shrug:

I'm going to have to figure out a "start over" date or something and stick to it. I can't sit back and allow a year's work to go down the drain. No way.

I'm feeling at a loss right now. Where's my mojo??

Diana3271
06-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: LM Combat Live 60 w/weighted gloves

This will be a quick post. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. We have had some really bad weather for the last couple of days. This has caused some phone problems at the shop. I had AT&T at the shop today. They thought it was fixed. I went back tonight to check everything out and it is not fixed. I called to report it while I was there. Hopefully it can get resolved tomorrow.

Rest well and enjoy your evening.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled chicken tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
LM Combat Live 60 w/weighted gloves

lilmisschattabox
06-05-2013, 04:05 AM
Bad bad day today. Co-workers birthday so there was cake.. I was weak, I caved.

Tomorrow is another day!

Diana3271
06-05-2013, 07:14 AM

I took an extra dosage of antihistamine for the angioedema last night. Ugh! It's hard to get moving this morning. :tired:

Weigh In: 160.2
Up: 1 pound

ETA: DH just got out of the shower and came to the kitchen, where I was. The first thing out of his mouth was, "Wow your lips are swollen. Your whole face is swollen". This is coming from the man that doesn't notice much, LOL. In recent months, I haven't said much to him about the angioedema. I am aware of what is is now, so there is no sense in yacking on to him about it. He can't fix it and I manage it the best I can with antihistamines. (it doesn't stop me from yacking here, though. :lol:) Anyways, I knew when I woke up this morning it was going to be bad, but him mentioning it validated me. It seems so weird doing all the right things (diet/exercise wise) but having a crazy gain overnight like I did. Yesterday, my mouth and lips hurt so bad from this thing. Yesterday, DH said it looked like my lips were extremely chapped. I'm hoping that it has peaked now. I have smaller flare ups on a regular basis. This one seems worse than normal. Not sure why. It started on Saturday. I wonder if it was because of the yoga? :rofl: I need to find a good reason to get out of doing that stuff. :lol: I have been up for a while now and the swelling hasn't gone down, yet. Normally, once I get up and start moving around, the swelling goes down in my face. Not this time.

Psychic
06-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1458
Today's Weight: 174 :)

B - Nutrigrain Waffles & Lite Syrup
S - French Vanilla Cappucino & Fiber One Brownie
L - Salad w/ Honey Mustard & Healthy Choice Roasted Turkey Breast
S - Iced Sugarfree Vanilla Coffee
D - Flatout w/ lettuce, avocado, cucumber and chicken
Exercise: Leslie Sansone 5 Day Fit - Get Up and Get Started (20 minute mile)

Diana3271
06-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1458
Today's Weight: 174 :)

Congrats! I think that's a new low for you. :carrot: Is that correct?

Gonna Get There Soon
06-05-2013, 09:34 AM
So sorry to hear your are having a flare Diana....I hope that you will find yourself back to good health in no time. How long do your flares normally last?

I've been doing ok as far as staying OP. I'm day 7 into my squat challenge and I've exercised consistently. I'm trying to focus on the consistency and not the intensity right now...we'll see how that goes.

Still feeling kinda down in the dumps...

Have a good one guys!

1350 cals
270 out in exercise

Psychic
06-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Congrats! I think that's a new low for you. :carrot: Is that correct?

Yup! However, some of it is water weight. Coffee had me using the bathroom all day. I think I had a TOM whoosh too. I expect to be around 174.8 tomorrow.

Diana3271
06-05-2013, 02:14 PM

I think I realize what caused the angioedema flare up. I was focusing on the fact that I was noticing things on Saturday and I tried to have a nice day, without stress. I couldn't understand why I was flaring except for the fact that crap happens. :?: I was thinking about it this morning and come to think of it, last week was very stressful. Last Wednesday DH took his ASE test for his recertification. This is always stressful for us. The testing was different this time since it was all done on computer and the last time it was basic pencil/paper. I signed DH up for this a couple months ago and have been on him ever since about studying, etc. Like most tests, they are worded in a way that you need a PhD to understand. Since the testing was done on computer the results were known immediately. Anyways, DH passed with flying colors. In fact he made a higher grade than before. I was very relieved, but was very stressed until he got back from the test center. That was Wednesday. Thursday I decided to change the titling/registration of my Mom's vehicle over to my name. I thought I could just transfer the tags and finish out with taxes since there was actually 2 months left on it, but I couldn't. I had to run back to the shop to get the old tags to turn in, go to the tax office to pay the taxes, back to the highway department to turn in tags, apply for new title/registration. When I got to the tax office, I put the paperwork down and tried to tell the person what I needed to do, but it wouldn't come out. She said she knew what I needed to do and told me it was OK. She was very understanding. I guess it was more difficult than I thought it was going to be. When I got back to the highway department the lady asked the date. I choked up. It was May 30. May 30 is the day my Mom had the pulmonary embolism and ended up in the hospital. It went downhill for her from there. In two weeks it will be 1 year that she passed.

I truly think these stressors are what caused the flare up. Of course I could be wrong. This is all a learning process for me. I didn't think about it because the stressed had passed and I was felling better emotionally. But, I think it takes time for this thing to build.

Gonna Get There Soon Good job on the 170's. Now that I am taking the antihistamines on a regular basis the worst of it passes in a few days. This one started showing on Saturday and hopefully yesterday and today was the worst days. My mouth feels better today than it did yesterday, but the water weight showed up today. Not sure what tomorrow will bring, LOL.

Chronostasis Glad your back. Hopefully things will get back to normal for you, very quickly.

Ian Thank you. Good job on your fitness.

Syckgirlsfv Good job getting back on track. Don't lose that focus for Vegas!

mamakat No A/C? That's awful. Hopefully it won't get too hot in the mean time. I hope you have a good day.

alaskanlaughter I still have DOMS from running on Sunday. I have been walking funny ever since. :lol:

novangel Maybe you need a new program to work on. Something a little different. It could be you are just physically drained from standing all day and being around people. Going to the gym is not inspiring right now. Maybe something you can do at home might be better. Here's a good program that I have done. It's intense and a complete program: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/10-pound-slimdown-xtreme-with-chris-freytag-9186

lilmisschattabox Today is a new day. Keep trying. I hope today was better for you.

Psychic It's still a new low. It may or may not stick, but it was there this morning. ;) Own it for today. :D

Syckgirlsfv
06-05-2013, 03:54 PM
afternoon everyone! :wave: I've been crazy at work lately and not able to post much - fiscal year end is near!

Did a bike ride for an hour and 15 minutes last night and knocked out almost all the water weight! :carrot: this morning i was down to only 1 pound of water weight left to get rid of. :D

Dinner last night was one of my best creations! Simple but healthy and SUPERB tasting! I cooked ground turkey in a skillet w/organic no salt seasoning (costco) and in another pan sauteed shredded cabbage, mini portabella mushrooms and red pepper flakes in coconut oil. Added that all to the turkey pan, and sauteed chopped zucchini in coconut oil and then added THAT to the pan, simmered it all for a few minutes, and ate with Sriracha on top! WOW. So good...hubby had Panda and I swear mine was better! :stir:

B - SBD wrap w/egg sub, turkey bacon, horseradish cheddar
S - mini babybel light and a couple almonds
L - last night's AMAZING leftover ground turkey/mushroom/cabbage/zucchini skillet
S - either cranberry nut mix OR blueberry Fage Greek yogurt (0%)
D - I think I'm going to cook the pollo asada chicken I got from Vons in a skillet and make some fresh asparagus with lemon, and MAYBE vermicelli. Need quick prep cuz tonight is bible study :love:

oh! Last night I had some peanut butter cup ice cream (single serving cup, Dreyers) and 2 bites of hubby's german chocolate cake! then wine... :fr:

sotypical
06-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Diana3271 - *big big hugs* I am sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope things get less stressful for you.

Haven't been around for a few days. Oops. The past few days have not been perfect but nothing too terrible, did have a bit of ice cream, some goldfish crackers and a couple ciders but the scale was still nice today - I was totally shocked. Down 0.4 from Friday.

The weather is getting nice here again... for now anyway. So we have been taking full advantage of the BBQ and I have been making some delicious salads. My cousin spent a couple days at my house and she is always reading the labels of EVERYTHING - she doesn't count calories or need to lose weight but she is careful was goes in her body, made me realize I should be more careful too. Not like I eat a junk food but it was just interesting to see her read all the labels.

b - nut bar, coffee w/ milk
l - a delicious homemade salad (mixed greens, strawberries, feta, almonds, cucumber, tomatoes, snap peas, bell pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, chili flakes), boiled egg
s - peach, coffee w/ milk
d - probably left over chicken and maybe some fried onions and peppers or salad

Tonight I WILL stay out of the bag of goldfish!

alaskanlaughter
06-05-2013, 07:44 PM
im so worn out that im just sitting here figuring out what to type lol.....I got up at 5 a.m. and did HIIT running at the gym...went to work and was on my feet All Day....I need a pedometer to see how much walking i'm doing at work...my joints have always been sensitive to cold temps and weather changes and I spent time in a 28-degree walk-in freezer this afternoon, plus the weather changed to an absolute downpour.....which made my entire hip, knee and ankle on that right side hurt like crazy for awhile....its better since I came home, put on dry clothes and sat down in a warm house for awhile

IanG
06-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Can't believe I almost forgot to check in on this one.

Sorry to hear about your stress Diana. It does sound a lot to handle. I'm thinking a little more kickboxing and a little less yoga might help with days like you've had. With weighted gloves of course (yikes!).

For me, thinks are OK today. Won one game at bowling last night and came second to last in the other two. It was fun.

So down another 0.6lbs today but am expecting a gain tomorrow because I always get a weekly gain and the scale is showing me 1.4lbs up in the evening which will be hard to shift overnight. But we'll see.

Anyway, for today:

Lunch: Medium salad with chicken, egg, lettuce, tomato, palm hearts, stuffed vine leaf, cottage cheese, mushroom, red pepper, asparagus, kidney beans, beet, onion, apple, argula and spicy salsa.

Dinner: Am drinking Green Flash Palate Wrecker beer.

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Did 55 minutes in the gym lifting heavy.

Chronostasis
06-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Diana - Sorry to hear of the stressful week and flare-up. :( :hug: At least you were able to identify it, though. Make sure you get in that yoga!
Syckgirlsfv - Mmm...sounds yummy! Great job on the bike ride!
sotypical - I admit that I just about always look at labels now (partly for health and partly to check for wheat/gluten). It's amazing how many questionable ingredients hide in things.
alaskanlaughter - Wow, that much walking/running would hurt my joints too (even as a young'un). Sending wishes for a quick recovery and nicer weather.

-----------
Breakfast (210 kcal):
vegetable egg white souffle - 150 kcal
frozen green beans - 60 kcal

Snacks (500 kcal):
cashew cookie Larabar - 230 kcal
fuji apple - ~90 kcal
edamame pods/lima beans mix - 180 kcal

Dinner (415 kcal):
fuji apple - ~80 kcal
exotic mix vegetable chips - 150 kcal
lowfat mango kefir - 140 kcal
fresh raspberries - ~45 kcal

Total: ~1125 kcal
Exercise: C25K W1D3

Keeping the streak going. :)

Diana3271
06-05-2013, 09:50 PM

It appears the phone situation has been resolved, for now. We have had this problem for several years, now. It only happens when we get a lot of rain. Not a drizzle or normal rain. It has to be a lot. A different guy came out today. He found some wires that were corroded and showed them to DH. He replaced the wires. It is my understanding (I hadn't gotten to work, yet) that these wires are inside. I'm not sure how this could be the issue since they are inside and water is not coming inside. Unless it has to do with the build up of moisture. Who knows. All I know is that the phones work right now. We have had a dozen or so techs come out for this problem over the years. Everyone replaces something different. I guess we will eventually have all new wiring in this building, LOL. We will know in time if he fixed the problem. The good thing is that we have the wiring maintenance, so I don't have to pay for them to come out. The bad thing, of course, is the inconvenience and loss of business due to the phone not working. We have had another 3 inches of rain today and it's pouring again. I called the shop and the phone still rings, which is a good sign. We couldn't get incoming calls before. Hopefully it's really fixed this time. We are suppose to be getting tropical storm Andrea starting tomorrow through the weekend. The other day there was a tornado on the ground close to the area where my Mom's house is. The weather channel even mentioned the area.

Syckgirlsfv Great job getting rid of that water weight.

Sotypical Thank you. Grief and stress is a funny thing. At times I think I'm doing better but I realize it's a process and it will take time. Did you stay strong against those goldfish? ;)

Alaskanlaughter I hope you rest well tonight.

Ian Hopefully you won't have a gain, but you are learning your body cycles and know what to expect. Good job staying active.

Chronostasis Thank you. Good job sticking to your plan. I know you feel better now you have your own foods again.

Diana3271
06-05-2013, 09:55 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Sirloin 500 calories

Exercise:
G. Gomez's Kickboxing Cardio Burn w/weighted gloves

novangel
06-05-2013, 10:39 PM
I truly think these stressors are what caused the flare up. Of course I could be wrong. This is all a learning process for me. I didn't think about it because the stressed had passed and I was felling better emotionally. But, I think it takes time for this thing to build.

No doubt it's stress related! I've had physical and mental changes since my Mom passed and I know it's because of stress.

I will look into that link, thank you. :) I have thought about picking up Jillian again but I don't want to go through the week of being crippled when I have to stand at work. She makes you SORE. I have never been so sore in my life, I couldn't even get on/off the toilet without screaming. I'm not exaggerating, at all.

I got in 55 minutes on the treadmill tonight, I will play tomorrow by ear depending on TOM.

Diana3271
06-06-2013, 07:35 AM

I'm swollen again this morning, but feel better.

Weigh In: 160.6
Up: .4

novangel How long ago did your Mom pass? How long before you started feeling better about things?

I am always so hard on myself and expect the best. I can tell that I am better and know it just takes time. I think my big problem is that I had so many losses so close together. I was just getting over one thing and something else would happen.

novangel
06-06-2013, 10:43 AM
She passed in 2007 and for me it never got 100% better. I cope ok but always feel a void. They say it takes 5 years but I'm past that point so I just live with it the best I can, by keeping busy. We were super close though so it's different for everyone. Expect 3-5 years before you can deal with it better...unfortunately. :hug:

Another crappy day out. It's June 6th and 50-something degrees out with rain. Perfect day off. :/ I have some errands to run and hope to get to the gym later.

Have a great one, Ladies!

alaskanlaughter
06-06-2013, 10:51 AM
She passed in 2007 and for me it never got 100% better. I cope ok but always feel a void. They say it takes 5 years but I'm past that point so I just live with it the best I can, by keeping busy. We were super close though so it's different for everyone. Expect 3-5 years before you can deal with it better...unfortunately. :hug:

Another crappy day out. It's June 6th and 50-something degrees out with rain. Perfect day off. :/ I have some errands to run and hope to get to the gym later.

Have a great one, Ladies!

It's about 50 degrees and raining here too :) Going on a beach hike later with about 60 students....Fun fun! Hope we scare the bears away!

Went to the gym after DRAGGING my butt out of bed this morning ughhh...Did HIIT running at the gym....Now off to work

IanG
06-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Big exercise day for me today. I hope I am not overdoing it but I went running this morning and a friend wants me to go the gym with him to do weights at lunch. I have never done twice in a day before.

So up 0.6lbs today. My weekly gain day.

Anyway, for today:

Lunch: Medium salad with chicken, egg, lettuce, tomato, asparagus, stuffed cottage cheese, mushroom, red pepper, kidney beans, beet, onion, quinoa, tangerine and spicy salsa.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Palate Wrecker).

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Ran 3.1 miles in 30 minutes on the treadmill. Just about to go to the gym for an hour or so to do heavy lifting. Ouch.

Psychic
06-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1548
Today's Weight: 173.6

B - Dark Chocolate Ensure
S - Cherries & Kettlecorn
L - Avacado & Tortilla Chips
S - V8 & Very Cherry Yogurt
D- TGIF Dragonfire Chicken & Sweet Tea
Exercise: 5 minutes aerobics, 15 minutes mall walking, and 10 minutes calisthenics

Radiojane
06-06-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm back, and while I have read, I'm not even going to attempt personals!

Wedding went well. Long, long weekend what with setup, tear down and visiting! I wasn't watching my eating or my hydration, so when I weighed in on Monday, I was up to 380. I'm now back down to 374.3. I got a wicked sunburn during the pictures, so I haven't been back in the pool, but I am going to yoga tonight. Yesterday was my first day fully back eating on plan.

I was so tired from everything I slept for 13 hours and lost 5 pounds in water weight overnight. I'm finally starting to feel like a human being again!

In NSV news: I bought a pair of 3X stretch capris online that I expected to be too tight, but actually fit perfectly. Come to think of it I have to do my measurements for this month yet!

Syckgirlsfv
06-06-2013, 12:22 PM
this morning has NOT been my friend! :mad: Trying to get the monthly statements out to the temple and school families, and the programmer did something that caused them not to run correctly - AND he said he fixed it, but he didn't follow all the way through and it is NOT fixed! Now I'm sitting here, irritated, waiting for him to figure it out, when he acts like he has no idea how the process should work to begin with. He created the thing!!! ARGH! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Ok - food.

B - SBD wrap, egg sub, 1 slice turkey bacon (ran out), half slice horseradish cheddar (ran out of that, too)
S - cherry Fage 0% greek yogurt
L - Staff appreciation lunch today - not sure what I'm going to do but there will be chicken and waffles, cole slaw, and probably fruit or something. We'll see...
S - may not need a snack later
D - ?

Gonna hit the gym and do the body parts I can without bothering my stupid elbow, and probably cardio

Everyone have a great day! Weather is only 63 here in Bel Air, but it's only 9:22 am. Should be around 72 today. At least there's that!

Gonna Get There Soon
06-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Well this squat challenge is tough that's for sure, but I am enjoying it. I've not skipped on exercise at all this week, which is huge for me. I love hiking and weight lifting, but the cardio just doesn't agree with me.

My neice will be going home this Saturday (hurray). I love her dearly, but her and my girls are basically the same age and as the old saying goes, "two is company and three is a crowd"....so needless to say I've been dealing with girl drama for the last two weeks. They are ages 8-10.

The food thing is going awesome. I've really been staying OP.

Diana- I hope tomorrow brings about the end of this flare for you-

Alaskanlaughter- good luck scaring those bears off.....( only in Alaska!:) )

Have a good one!

sotypical
06-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Chronostasis - I think reading labels is a great habit to get into to. I do occasionally but I think I will try a little harder.
Diana3271 - I did stay out of the goldfish thanks! I hope your day is better today.

I kept myself busy all night and that really helped with my bordem eating and staying out of the bag of goldfish. I hardly sat down from the time I got home from work until the time I went to bed. I didn't sleep well though because of it (too wound up) but at least my bathroom floors are nice and clean, my tupperware drawer is organized and my fridge is empty, clean and organized! I also managed to clean the kitchen, make banana bread and do some photo editing! Lots of coffee drinking required today! Feels really good though when you get so much done in one day.

Today's plan is a bit up in the air. I am going to visit a co-worker at lunch who is off on maternity leave. Last time she made me lunch, I hope she doesn't go to that trouble today.

B - homemade banana bread, coffee w/ milk
S - boiled egg, coffee w/ milk
L - not 100% sure (brought boiled egg, nut bar, kiwi)
D - not sure, have some left over chicken and steak in the fridge

Syckgirlsfv
06-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Ack! :fr: Lunch was good but SO BAD! I had 2 miniature round belgian waffles (about the size and diameter of an english muffin) with a tiny sprinkling of syrup, chicken breast (pulled skin off), sweet potato fries (no sauce or ketchup), broccoli slaw and kale salad w/dried cranberries and what tasted like sesame dressing (Asian tasting) and then I had a small red velvet cupcake! BUT, I took the frosting off after the first bite...all in all not hugely terrible, but not the types of things I usually eat. I have to be careful and not get in to bad eating habits again, like white flour items or bread, white potatoes, white rice, white pasta, etc...the two items that were not on my acceptable foods list were the waffles (white flour) and OF COURSE the cupcake! I let myself have sweet potato fries once in a while, because while they do have oil at least the potatoes are not white! :no:

I will NOT have an afternoon snack today, I'll drink tons of water, and hit some good cardio at the gym in order to sweat out the water I'm sure to retain...

I'm going to do phase 1 of South Beach the Monday after father's day, so that my eating habits will get a little more back on track. I say after father's day, because graduation is next week as well, and I'm sure to go out and celebrate Wednesday night! My eating habits are not bad, but I will just feel better with a little restart...Vegas is in LESS than 4 weeks! :cheer3: Just need that little extra assurance!

changeforme
06-06-2013, 05:38 PM
hi guys, i'm looking for all the accountability I can get to keep myself on track. I joined in December but slacked off. I restarted my weight loss journey 2.5 weeks ago after reaching yet another all time high. I have a trip coming up in july and i'd like to get healthier habits in place before then. i'm calorie counting and moving more - focusing just on walking and some stair stepping to strengthen a bum knee (yes my ortho has encouraged this). so hi! and thanks!

Diana3271
06-06-2013, 08:59 PM

Tomorrow is my early day. I need to get into bed since I have to get up an hour earlier.

Novangel I agree about the 5 years. I was at the 4 year mark, from when my Dad passed away, and was starting to feel better. That's when Magnum passed away and then my Mom a year later. I was very close to both of my parents. I am an only child. My Mom was very hard on me but I know she loved me. That's all that matters. I also think her meds at the end made her even more difficult.

Did you make it to the gym? I think the 10 Pound Slimdown workouts are tougher than 30 DS. :yikes: Everyone is different in what they like/dislike and find difficult. There is more variety, so there less dread and boredom. I think it's a well rounded program. I found links to some of the workouts online, FREE! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_OLGiMq_Qo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOvTFl6ZmnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rhTPz-NfC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fothY0uSQ3o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWGJk5WUVrU&list=PL283196C72F1EF72C

Alaskanlaughter I hope you had fun today at the beach. How old were the students?

Ian Have you gotten very sore yet? I am just now getting over my 4 mile walk/jog on Sunday. :lol: Have fun tonight.

Psychic Great job on your weigh in!

Radiojane I'm glad everything went well this weekend. Now you have time to focus on you and what you want to accomplish. Wow 13 hours! I know that felt good!

Syckgirlsfv It sounds like you kept things in moderation. Did you make it to the gym?

Gonna Get There Soon Ha Ha Weights don't agree with me but I love cardio! Great job on getting your workouts in and staying OP!

Sotypical I hope your lunch went well. Good job staying strong against those little goldfish! :lol: I was telling someone the other day that I can't have peanut butter and other things in the house because they talk, whisper to me and call my name. :lol: Evil stuff!

Changeforme Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Diana3271
06-06-2013, 09:03 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Mediterranean wrap w/added ricotta cheese 400 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
Project You Full Body Workout w/#1 weighted gloves + #10's

Chronostasis
06-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Breakfast (460 kcal):
vegetable egg white souffle - 150 kcal
1 package fresh raspberries - 70 kcal
1 cup lowfat mango kefir - 140 kcal
2 tablespoons peanut butter - 180 kcal

Snack (110 kcal):
large granny smith apple - 110 kcal

Dinner:
restaurant-sized portion stir-fried mixed veggies & chicken in brown sauce + side of fried rice
2 Texas Roadhouse sweet potato skins (as in the skins you peel off a baked potato - most people discard them, but I think they're really good even plain)

Total: 650 kcal + dinner
Exercise: C25K W2D1, biking to work and back (about 3.0 miles total), walking to chinese restaurant (about 1.75 miles total), will probably play Kinect

Feeling proud of myself today. 3 days in a row of C25K, of RUNNING - that's an accomplishment for someone who could hardly run for a full minute before (although admittedly, the jogging has sometimes been about the speed of a four year old at top speed. Oh well, it's the endurance I need to learn, not speed.)
As for the food...well, I wasn't planning on going out for Chinese, but I was locked out of my house for several hours and hadn't eaten since 8 AM. Hence walking to a restaurant and eating much more than I really needed. It was yummy though.

Syckgirlsfv
06-06-2013, 10:03 PM
I did make it to the gym ;) Glute machine, hip adductor machine, 5 sets of crunches on the ab roller machine thingy, and 20 minutes of cardio (burned 260 calories just on that). I'm going to have salmon patties, asparagus, and vemicelli for dinner...but right now it's shower time!

alaskanlaughter
06-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Diana I took 50 students grades K-5 along with 5 other staff on a hike through the rainforest and to play on the beach this afternoon....we take field trips like that weekly during the summer

I wore my baggy sweatpants on the field trip so as not to get my regular work clothes dirty and wet....they were NOT comfortable :( they were so crazy big...which I know but I love them anyhow for lounging around the house or running minor errands...actually doing a lot of movement in them was NOT pleasant

so I decided to upgrade and FINALLY went to the store in search of new sweatpants...I was able to wear a SIZE SMALL of some brand (dunno which) in standard grey sweatpants...my baggy ones were size L and are actually much bigger than a standard size L so perhaps got stretched out all these years...it's so nice to wear sweats around the house without hiking them up all the time LOL

lilmisschattabox
06-07-2013, 02:21 AM
A couple of bad days... But I'm working on my healthy grocery list for this weekend ... I wonder if I can purchase some willpower while I'm at it!? Haha!

Congrats to all of you that are doing better than me at sticking to it :)

Diana3271
06-07-2013, 05:55 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :carrot: I hope you have a great weekend!

Today is my early day. I went to bed at a decent time, so I did well with that. I feel less swollen this morning but I had another gain. :dunno: I didn't feel like I would have a gain this morning. I know it takes time for the body to regulate again. Patience is a tough pill to swallow and keep down. ;) So far I am up 2 pounds from this flare up.

Weigh In: 161.6
Up: 1 pound

Psychic
06-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Diana - No worries. You'll lose it again once it settles.

Syckgirlsfv - I love the ab abductor machine. Since I don't have gym membership, I found out that I can replicate the exercise by wrapping a resistance band around my thighs and try to move them apart.

lilmisschattabox - Just keep at it. Once you start seeing results, you'll have even more motivation to continue.

Psychic
06-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1462
Today's Weight: 174

B - Very Berry Oatmeal & Hershey Chocolate Bar
L - Tilapia w/ Florentine Vegetables
S - Flatout w/ Peanut Butter & Sugarfree Jelly
D - Pepperoni Roll & Guacamole Tortilla Chips

Gonna Get There Soon
06-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Wow- I was soooo exhausted yesterday. It was my rest day on the squat challenge which was good, but I got home from work, ate dinner ( very good stir fry that my dh made), and literally went to bed. It was about 7:30! My energy levels are next to nothing here lately and I think it just finally caught up to me.
Needless to say, I didn't exercise yesterday. AND I did have a piece of banana strawberry pound cake. YUM....but also 290 cals! YIKES.
So I probably went over my cals by about 300 to get the whopping total of 1500 cals. ugh.
But oh well, today is a new day and I doubt it will set me back.
woot woot- it's Friday!! Work has been kickin my butt lately.
1500 in
0 exercise

Have a good one guys!

changeforme
06-07-2013, 10:30 AM
well the day has started out strong with an hour long walk on the beach despite the tropical storm (it was windy, but there was a break in the rain). now to just continue to focus on my goals for the rest of the day even though i'll be at work where candy abounds.

I also know I really need to find a way to get more sleep at night, that's going to be a priority this next week.

happy Friday everyone!

Radiojane
06-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I think I need a new battery for my scale, it showed a 13 pound drop the first time I stepped on it today. Was up 1.5 the next two times, usually it's accurate on the first step. Must remember to do that.

I had a really hardcore yoga treatment yesterday that I'm sure swelled me right up, and I probably didn't get enough water afterwards. I'm still sleeping a lot, and I haven't been swimming in more than a week. I have to get back into the groove asap.

Yesterday calories in:1250
cheese
almonds
bacon
onion
ground beef
cucumber
green peas
red peppers
leftover wedding chocolate.

Yesterday calories out:493
60 Minutes Hatha yoga

Diana3271
06-07-2013, 01:59 PM
I wanted to share this with everyone. Jessica Smith has posted a 5 week workout challenge. Some people in another check in of mine are doing it. Some have gotten some very good results. The workouts are free. Give them a try if you want to workout but not sure what to do one day. Or you can even start the challenge for yourself. Have fun. :dance:

http://jessicasmithtv.com/2013/05/17/the-5-week-summer-shape-up-challenge-plan/

Syckgirlsfv
06-07-2013, 03:19 PM
I would say good morning, but somehow the morning got away from me already! So, good afternoon everyone!

today is crazy! weekend please commence!

B - SBD wrap w/egg sub and light swiss (no more turkey bacon left :cry:)
S - blueberry greek yogurt w/trail mix
L - ground turkey w/cabbage, zucchini, and mushroom skillet
S - fresh asparagus
D - not sure yet

Bike ride after work! :bike2:

WINE :cheers:

IanG
06-07-2013, 03:24 PM
I am always sore Diana! Today it is my legs and arms.

Down 1.0lb today.

Anyways:

Breakfast: Nothing. Had blood work done at the doctor's.

Lunch: Medium salad with chicken, egg, lettuce, tomato, peach, argula, cottage cheese, black beans, beet, onion and spicy salsa.

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Did 1 hour 10 minutes lifting weights in the gym. Ouch.

Had my doctor's appointment. They were pleased with my weight loss and have reduced my BP medication. I'd like them to drop it. My BP was 108/68. It used to be 140/90.

Another NSV is that I now fit into Medium shirts (collar size 15-15.5 inches)!

changeforme
06-07-2013, 08:12 PM
well poops, I succumbed to the candy at work. it wasn't even that good. and I wasn't even that stressed ... it was just there and I like chocolate. apparently I like chocolate better than I like my health or the idea of being thin. trying to reign it in tonight and have a good dinner and not just throw it all out the window because I screwed up at work.

way to go on the bp iang! that's great!

and radiojane, it's the battery? that's why my scale isn't so consistent? hmmm I must look into this

Psychic
06-07-2013, 09:34 PM
It was the last day of school for the students and teachers. One of the teachers that we help out a lot brought a whole box of donuts for us. I could have said "no" if there wasn't pudding filled donuts. But there were, and I ate one. Today was very hectic. I was starving later in the day and didn't have time to sit down and eat, so I ate another donut. 520 calories down the hole. That's over a third of my daily allotment. :(

Chronostasis
06-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Psychic - Pudding filled donuts? That's something I've never heard of before. Sorry that they knocked out so many calories, but I bet they were yummy. We all have our irresistible foods, don't we?

Breakfast (460 kcal):
5 homemade veggie egg muffins (eggs, kale, spinach, green bell pepper, celery, onion, peas) @ 50 kcal each - 250 kcal
1 cup lowfat mango kefir - 140 kcal
green grapes - 70 kcal

Lunch (265 kcal):
Romaine Blend salad lettuce - 36 kcal
yellow bell pepper slices - 57 kcal
berry smoothie (almond milk, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries) - 172 kcal

Dinner (~490 kcal):
3 portabella mushroom pizzas (portabella mushroom caps, spicy spaghetti sauce, aged cheddar cheese slices) - ~400 kcal
ginger candy - ~90 kcal

Total calories: ~1205 kcal
Exercise: about 2/3 of C25K W2D2. Mentally, I really wanted to run today, but my body was telling me "no. stop. rest." so I walked home before finishing the run.

Oh, and I weighed in this evening (I usually weigh in the morning, when it's lower) and it read 178.0 [was 174.2 last weigh-in, 2 weeks ago and pre-vacation.] I 100% know that it's really just temporary weight gain (water retention and such), but I was still slightly bummed that it hasn't evened out yet. I'll give it more time.

Diana3271
06-07-2013, 10:54 PM

Chronostasis Congrats on the C25K! :carrot:

Syckgirlsfv Good job getting to the gym! Enjoy the bike ride.

Alaskanalughter It sounds like you had your hands full with the kids. I know they enjoyed it.

Lilmisschattabox I'll send you some :dust: Keep trying.

Psychic How did you do with your calories the rest of the day? I'm sure you didn't do too bad, overall.

Gonna Get There Soon I hope your energy levels improve. Hopefully your are just tired and not coming down with something.

Changeforme Where are you located? We had the tropical storm here, today, too. We must be close to each other. I'm glad it was not any worse.

Radiojane Are you going to be able to do your swimming this weekend?

Ian Congrats on your BP and the medium shirts. Do you realize that you could be below 200 within a week or two? :carrot:

Diana3271
06-07-2013, 10:55 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise
TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

lilmisschattabox
06-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the support :)

A bit better today, hoping tomorrow will improve again.

B- Homemade muesli with yoghurt
L - 2 pieces whole grain toast with light cream cheese & almond butter, small piece banana bread (oops)
D - lamb koftas with sweet potato

GMNEVO
06-08-2013, 07:40 AM
How many days on the same weight is considered plato? I have been on the same exact weight for 3 days straight(261.0), each day staying under the cal limit and working out....I'm already going crazy. Wake up every morning wanting to run to the scale to see if I'm in the 250's without luck :'(

Diana3271
06-08-2013, 08:25 AM

Weigh In: 161
Down: .6

It''s funny, this morning I woke up feeling very swollen. I just knew I would have another gain, but I didn't. This edema stuff is crazy. :dizzy:

mamakat
06-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Good Saturday Morning,

Wow, life here just wouldn't be normal without drama (I love being a mom :p). Painting stairs is a lot harder than I thought, not because they're out of reach or hard to paint, but because people (and dogs) have feet. It's going so slow and now it's the weekend when there's more feet. I get the steps done and have to sit around while they dry, so I've gotten a lot of writing in...finally. Also this week I put in exercise (formal). I walked on Thursday and biked on Friday. Not sure what I'll do today.

I'm itching for a wig now that I am back to less than 1/2 inch black hair, but wigs were my treats for reaching my goal. But I just feel like I've been working really hard at this and not cheating, but my body has other ideas...this can't be punishable or it shouldn't be. I have issues, right? Auto immune diseases suck, but I don't want to lose motivation :p I think a wig would make me feel "pretty" so I think I should get one...LOL, I'll ask if DH would like to go wig hunting, it's always fun to watch me try them on...no, it is, I swear, I wouldn't lie :p

Okay, I'm off for the day. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay healthy.

Psychic
06-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Chrono - I think they have a different name, maybe bavarian (I think those are cream though).

Diana - Ended up around 1700. Did a lot of running around yesterday, so it probably evened out.

Psychic
06-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1686
Today's Weight: 173.8

B - Butter Pecan Ensure & Pistachios
S - Donut
L - Healthy Choice Grilled Chicken Pesto & Light Yogurt
S - Donut
D - Stuffed Mushroom Caps
S - Wheat Baguette & Provolone

Chronostasis
06-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Psychic - Bavarian...hmm, sounds familiar. Might be similar to Boston Cream (the ONLY type of donuts I used to actually like. :p They were delicious.)

My eating was a little bit out of control today because of high school graduation today and not being home all day. I don't know how many calories exactly, but I calculated an estimate and I think I still ate at or close to maintenance. Potato chips and just a little too much chicken salad were my vice.
Exercise: I've got a mild case of shin splints and decided running was a bad idea today, but I got in a good hour-long bike ride. :D

Off to a small family party at my grandparents'. Planning on turning down food and drinking tea instead (I don't normally eat this late anyway).

Diana3271
06-08-2013, 10:47 PM

This is where we went today. http://bohicket.com/ They were having a big fishing tournament. We know some people who were fishing the tournament and DH wanted to see the weigh in. He was invited to go off shore and fish one of the tournaments a couple weeks ago. He couldn't go because of working at the farm. It's a beautiful area. We had a great time today. I wore one of my new outfits that I bought last month. It was a multicolored purple, turquoise, and white top with purple capris and my white sandals with the flowers. :D Then we went to eat at a restaurant called The Fat Hen. http://www.thefathen.com/ They use local ingredients. We have heard nothing but good reviews about this place and wanted to give it a try. The meals are not large like you get at chain restaurants. They have a meal there called Skinny Chicken of the Day. It varies depending on ingredients available. I ordered that since they have WONDERFUL fresh baked rustic bread. :yummy: I wanted to have a piece of that, so I needed to eat a light meal. The meal was awesome! Mine was a grilled chicken breast with a poblano/ham aioli. The chicken was on a bed of braised veggies. The chicken was smoke grilled so it had a lot of flavor. The meal did not taste skinny at all. I could tell, based on my knowledge of food calories, etc, that was a lower calorie meal, though.

The sport fishing boat that our friend was on has 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, kitchen, laundry room, etc. Man, I could live nicely on that thing. :D I couldn't find a picture of that boat, but the Showtime came in next to us: http://www.showtimefishing.com/

The boats get points for the fish they catch. If you get enough points you get an invite to the big tournaments. The boat our friend is on was invited to the tournament in Cape Hatteras (OBX, NC) for a $1,000,000 grand prize.

It was a really nice day.

Lilmisschattabox Congrats on having a better day! Keep it up.

GMNEVO I'm not sure what's officially considered a plateau. I'm thinking a few weeks to a month. Hang in there. I know it gets frustrating.

Mamakat LOL @ the drama! Yes, I agree that those auto immune diseases suck! I have a collection of 2! :lol: Oh joy, right! ;) Independently or together they are a PITA. I say go for the new wig. Especially if you find it motivating! What style and color are you thinking about?

Psychic It doesn't look like the donuts did any harm. I know it's mental though. I think you handled it well.

Chronostasis Good job eating at maintenance and keeping things under control.

Diana3271
06-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Total Approx 1945 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Yogurt, ricotta cheese, raw sugar snap peas 400 calories

Dinner (1150 calories)
shared salad 150 calories
Bread 200 calories
Grilled chicken 400 calories
veggies/sauce 200 calories
shared fruit/custard dessert 200 calories

Exercise
Today I did my stress lowering, Dr. prescribed workout

25 minute cardio workout from Comcast OnDemand w/water bottles (since I don't have weights at home )
Extended Morning Practice (AM) (45 minutes) from AM/PM Yoga for Beginners w/Barbara Benagh

Funny thing is that I actually broke a sweat w/the 25 minute cardio workout. It was just a basic cardio and walking workout. The yoga workout is one that I checked out from the library. I like that there's lots of options, but I also find more options confusing since I can't remember what's what. I did have to break out all the yoga props that I have. For some reason I woke up with a tweaky knee. How does that happen in the middle of the night? LOL I can do all sorts of high impact workouts and not have a problem. I must have twisted or turned wrong in the middle of the night. The blocks and strap helped me since my knee was being weird.

Katydid77
06-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Got WAY upset and stressed at work and ate emotionally today :(

I HATE that.

Hate that feeling of knowing I ate in reaction to something, and allowed that to run me.

My calories wound up at 2180 :(

So disappointed in myself, and I know all I can do is move on. But it seems crazy that Im trying to break a plateau and then I make a dumb move like that.

I have to let it go and move on, but I really wanted to see movement on the scale tomorrow, and now I'm just bummed that I did that.

Well, there is nothing to do but face tomorrow and move on.

lilmisschattabox
06-09-2013, 03:42 AM
Grrr, have kept stuffing up all weekend. I called this week my "transition" week which means my brain is just thinking "allowed to cheat" week. So tomorrow is my official Day 1!!! Wish for some willpower for me cos I think I'm going to need it!!

Diana sounds like you're having a lovely weekend!
Katydid as a fellow emotional eater, I feel your pain! You'll make better choices tomorrow :)
mamakat it's important to feel good about yourself and if you've been working hard to get where you are, then you totally deserve a reward!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone :)

Diana3271
06-09-2013, 08:24 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1945 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 162.4 :eek:
Up: 1.4 pounds :eek:

I truly didn't expect a gain like this. I know my calories were higher, probably at maintenance level. I'm sure the food I had last night had more sodium than I normally use. :dunno: I'm just continuing what I was doing all along and making the best decisions that I can. Hopefully things will calm down and start working for me, soon. It's frustrating, but I know falling off the wagon or going back to my old ways isn't the answer. I know where that will get me.

IanG
06-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Don't worry Diana. I have had 2lb+ daily gains before and it is always just water. It will flush through. Big gains mean big losses and sometimes vice versa.

It's all about taking the rough with the smooth.

Diana3271
06-09-2013, 08:44 AM
It's all about taking the rough with the smooth.

Yes! Thank you! I have been getting a lot of experience with the rough road this past year. That's all part of learning maintenance and dealing with health issues. I have a very bad history with gaining weight. I have "joked" that this angioedema (originally thought it was a food allergy) was the Lord's way of keeping me on track. If I have these types of issues with being on track what would happen if I wasn't?

Gonna Get There Soon
06-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Oh my gosh..Friday was probably the worst I've done calorie wise since I started this journey. I was simply HUNGRY!! I ate waaaay over my goal. But my body just kept signaling hunger...so I ate. I mean, it's not TTOM, I'm not an emotional eater, so I don't know what the deal was. But I was super hungry...so I ate.
My niece is gone though!!! whoo hoo....love that girl, but she was driving me nutso. Going out to the lake today. That should be good exercise...I love swimming. So I'm super embarrassed, but I will post what I ate on Friday
B-nature valley protein bar- 190
L- Chicken salad spinach wrap- 260
D- Meatloaf with green beans and fresh fruit-780 cals
here comes the madness:
6 graham crackers- 780
3 pieces of raisin bread- 300
2 servings of cashews- 320
for a whopping total of 2630
YIKES!
I chose really super high cal foods too.....ugh. I'm so embarrassed.
I still am doing squat challenge and still working out....I was so proud for staying OP with the food...and now I bombed. :(
Hope everyone had a good weekend

IanG
06-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Down 1.8lbs today.

Anyways:

Breakfast: Sardines on low-calorie toast. A few olives. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Medium salad with chicken, octopus, lettuce, salsa, corn, cheese, stuffed vine leaf, mushroom, bell pepper, sun-dried tomato.

Exercise: Ran 5k in 31 minutes. Did a little bit of tiling.

Psychic
06-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Yesterday's Calories: > 2000

Went to an art festival in Pittsburgh yesterday. Ate a lot of food, but also did a lot of walking. I did include some walking in my net calories, but its hard to be exact.

B - Yogurt, cereal, and honey
S - Jerkey and Light Chai Latte
L - Falafel, Stuffed Grape Leaves & Sprite
S - Starbucks Skinny Caramel Ribbon Crunch
D - Olive Garden Grilled Chicken Toscano, 1 small serving of salad, 1 breadstick, mini dessert ($13 three-course meal)

alaskanlaughter
06-09-2013, 09:34 PM
ive spent the day doing practically nothing....I did do all the laundry but beyond that, nothing...makes up for the super busy days I have all week and on Saturdays lol....DH and I took the puppy for a walk on the docks this morning and I spent most of the afternoon sitting by the lake in the sun...now i'm sunburned but mostly just on my face...it's supposed to be warm and sunny most of the week, even into the 70s which is REALLY HOT here for us lol....means lots of early morning runs outside this week, which I love, but only do in good weather

Diana3271
06-09-2013, 09:42 PM

Katydid :hug: Sorry about the stress eating. I agree, just move on and do the best you can. Things happen. Sometimes I think we are too hard on ourselves. :hug: I don't see that with myself, but I can see it in how others react to their own actions. Hang in there. Truthfully, your calories were not that bad.

Lilmisschattabox Good luck with day 1! You can do it! :carrot: :dust:

Ian Congrats on the 1.8 pounds! All aboard the Onederland Express! WOOT! WOOT! :D

Psychic I hope you had a great day!

Gonna Get There Soon Enjoy the lake!

Alaskanlaughter Sounds like you had a nice day. Enjoy the warmer temps.

BrandyEyecandy
06-09-2013, 09:47 PM
new to the site but ive lost 8 pounds

Diana3271
Total Approx 1275 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Snacks/Lunch (280 Calories)
Ricotta cheese 100 calories
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories
chocolate biscotti 130 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
steamed veggies 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves

Diana3271
new to the site but ive lost 8 pounds

Brandy Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weight loss, so far. Keep up the great work!

IanG
06-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Ian Congrats on the 1.8 pounds! All aboard the Onederland Express! WOOT! WOOT!

Thanks Diana. It's on now. Big time. I am going Diana on ONE-derland.

That means busting it. And when you thought you had enough, adding weighted gloves!

Bring it on!

Chronostasis
06-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Today was kinda hard. The pool wasn't open today to swim, and I wasn't able to go to any YMCA classes (there are very few on Sundays and they were at bad times)...I tried to go out on a bike ride, but I'm still too saddle-sore (is that the right term?) from yesterday...I tried to run as well, but felt that I was risking injury, so I stopped before I got very far (and had to ice one leg for a while afterward). I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I've also been rather moody today and that translated to a desire to self-medicate with food, to overeat. The things I overate were not necessarily bad (the only foods I truly binged on were watermelon and snap peas), but I ate too much variety and too often. Even with normal portions, it adds up to overeating. :(
Times like this I feel like I need to take a big-picture view, and think back to how far I've come. I also need to remember that any step of losing or, no matter how small, is a step in the right direction. The only wrong direction is allowing myself to eat away my problems and gaining [non-temporary] weight. One bad day (which, for all I know, may still be at or below maintenance) is not a backslide and not erasing my progress. It's just a bad day, nothing more. :)
The other thing I'd like to get out in writing is my frustration with...serious exercise? When I look for advice on best treating soreness and such, inevitably I will read that I'm running wrong, I'm sitting on my bike wrong, I'm doing this and that wrong, I don't have the right gear, etc. - and if I was doing it right I wouldn't have soreness or whatever. It's all very confusing to a newbie in the world of "gym fitness" (as I call it). I want to do my best to train for my upcoming triathlon, and of course I want to avoid pain and possible injury as much as possible. But sheesh...it's simply overwhelming to be told that you've been doing everything wrong practically since you learned how to walk, and also having difficulty understanding how to correct it (nevermind all the controversy surrounding everything). :dizzy:

alaskanlaughter
06-09-2013, 11:11 PM
Today was kinda hard. The pool wasn't open today to swim, and I wasn't able to go to any YMCA classes (there are very few on Sundays and they were at bad times)...I tried to go out on a bike ride, but I'm still too saddle-sore (is that the right term?) from yesterday...I tried to run as well, but felt that I was risking injury, so I stopped before I got very far (and had to ice one leg for a while afterward). I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I've also been rather moody today and that translated to a desire to self-medicate with food, to overeat. The things I overate were not necessarily bad (the only foods I truly binged on were watermelon and snap peas), but I ate too much variety and too often. Even with normal portions, it adds up to overeating. :(
Times like this I feel like I need to take a big-picture view, and think back to how far I've come. I also need to remember that any step of losing or, no matter how small, is a step in the right direction. The only wrong direction is allowing myself to eat away my problems and gaining [non-temporary] weight. One bad day (which, for all I know, may still be at or below maintenance) is not a backslide and not erasing my progress. It's just a bad day, nothing more. :)
The other thing I'd like to get out in writing is my frustration with...serious exercise? When I look for advice on best treating soreness and such, inevitably I will read that I'm running wrong, I'm sitting on my bike wrong, I'm doing this and that wrong, I don't have the right gear, etc. - and if I was doing it right I wouldn't have soreness or whatever. It's all very confusing to a newbie in the world of "gym fitness" (as I call it). I want to do my best to train for my upcoming triathlon, and of course I want to avoid pain and possible injury as much as possible. But sheesh...it's simply overwhelming to be told that you've been doing everything wrong practically since you learned how to walk, and also having difficulty understanding how to correct it (nevermind all the controversy surrounding everything). :dizzy:

I think when you exercise, to just do what you can, and do it repeatedly and then push yourself a little farther than before, when that gets easy.....

for example I started running in cheap walmart sneakers and eventually bought real running shoes when those gave me too many blisters...I still don't know if i'm "running wrong" but if i'm too sore, I rest and if I can push myself, I do so....I only bought real running pants when my cheap walmart pants gave out and shredded up and I needed something more sturdy

same for biking....I bought a regular road bike from fred Meyers and a cushioned seat and rode as much as I could....rested when sore, rode when I could and aimed for more distance

I wouldn't worry so much about doing "all the right things" so much as just getting out there regularly and being active...rest when sore, ice if needed....nothing wrong with that :)

lilmisschattabox
06-10-2013, 04:04 AM
The willpower dust must have worked cos I SAID NO TO CHOCOLATE!!!!! I just about cried lol. But I did it!

So pretty good day today food wise :) I'm going to try weigh on Friday if I can stick to this week...

Diana3271
06-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Good Morning :wave: and Happy Monday! :carrot: Ha Ha that just doesn't even sound right! :lol: I hope you have a great one!

Calories for yesterday: 1275 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160.8
Down: 1.6 pounds (crazy body)

Last night before bed, I added on the 7 minute workout from Strong Knees and 30 Minutes of Yoga for Stress Relief

changeforme
06-10-2013, 08:06 AM
yesterday was awesome foodwise ... not so much with the rest of life, but I didn't stress eat. my splurge from all the snacks at work was cherries (bypassing the chocolate) - and that is huge for me. I also didn't go overboard when I got home from a stressful shift, just had a reasonable snack that I had budgeted for in my calories. my goal is to now remember how awesome this feeling is and hold onto that when i'm tempted.

this is also the longest I've stuck with a weightloss attempt and it's only been 3 weeks. but i'm so proud of myself! I just need to keep it up :)

Diana - i'm in coastal nc, so probably not that far from you :) cool!

I hope you all have awesome Mondays ... we can do this!!!!

alaskanlaughter
06-10-2013, 10:44 AM
good morning :) I definitely overdid it on the smores last night....and am down on the scale today...my body is sooo weird!...going to try to stick to my WW points today and already went for a nice run while the sun came up this morning....only got 5 hours of sleep because little son was having an emotional night and didn't fall asleep until MIDNIGHT *sigh* and I had to be up at 5 a.m....but so far I feel okay...off to work

novangel
06-10-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm still around. Been busy and just getting over TOM. Went for a 1hr and 20 minute walk Sat night. I'll try to get to the gym tonight. Need to weigh in soon. :/

IanG
06-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Down 0.6lbs today and busting up the exercise really bad to make ONE-derland.

Anyways:

Breakfast: Raw mushrooms on low calorie bread with light mayo. A few olives. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Medium salad with salmon, lettuce, olives, corn, tomato, orange, black beans, cottage cheese, cauliflower, mushroom, green pepper, onion.

Exercise: Ran 5k in 29 minutes. Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Did 50 minutes in the gym lifting weights.

Syckgirlsfv
06-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Oh MAN I was bad this weekend! I'm up 3 pounds of water, but I did it to myself :mad:

Went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory with friends saturday night, which we never do, and even though my food was OP I had a strawberry martini AND hubby and I split the Reese's peanut butter cup cheesecake! ARGH! also had shot of whiskey on the way out! I did have the skinnylicious salmon and veggies, though. And yesterday after church we rode the WHOLE length of the LA river bike path, which is 7 miles end to end. 14 miles! But then we had PIZZA of all things for dinner, which is absolutely a NO NO on my plan, and let's not forget the vodka! So yeah, I deserve the water weight :cry:

No matter, picking myself up and dusting myself off today!

B - egg sub, light swiss, refried beans
S - 15 almonds
L - homemade soup a lady from church gave me - mushrooms, spinach, peppers, black beans, chicken...OP for South Beach phase 1 :D
S - I did not bring an afternoon snack because I do not deserve one :(
D - I'm going to pressure cook some chicken breasts, steam fresh broccoli, and warm up a can of black beans w/salsa. End of Monday's story!

Chronostasis
06-10-2013, 07:43 PM
alaskanlaughter - Thanks for the reassurance. I guess I just feel frustrated that I get sidetracked by soreness or minor injuries - it makes me feel like I'm behind in my training when I'm not able to get out. I set a goal to do a women-only triathlon at the end of July (10 length swim/7 mi bike/2 mi run), and I didn't get a very strong start with training last month. It's intimidating to feel like a total newbie amongst a group of women that almost all have much more experience than I do/are much more fit than I am. I can't back out now, but I definitely feel like I underestimated what I was getting myself into. :^:

Estimated calories today: ~1350-1450 kcal
No exercise today. :/ (I'm not running, biking, or walking anywhere on this leg yet, and I wasn't able to get a ride to the Y for a swim.)

Today went fairly well. I suspect that I need to start drinking more water - I'm starting to mistake thirst for hunger again.

alaskanlaughter
06-10-2013, 07:55 PM
so far I have done good today despite the heat and getting very little sleep last night....i'm right at the edge of my WW points for the day because I was super hungry this afternoon and succumbed to some processed food/high point food....sigh...but i'm definitely not hungry anymore and probably wont be for most of the evening

Diana3271
06-10-2013, 08:43 PM

I took some Advil today for my knee. I am keeping my exercise low impact for now. We will see how it goes. This is the first time that I have been injured in a while. I am wondering if the running contributed to the problem. I don't normally get sore, but I was very sore since my run the other Sunday. Then the other morning I woke and my knee was hurting. I thought I must have turned/twisted it in the middle of the night.

Ian Keep up the great work! :bravo:

Chronostasis Sorry about all the confusion with your exercise. I don't do those types of exercise so I don't have any experience to share. With anything you do, you may have to build up and let your body adjust. I would stretch well after your exercise. And most of all have fun with it. I absolutely love kickboxing/boxing/mma, but I am probably the last person that you would expect to like these types of workouts. Enjoy what you do and just do it the best you can. If you read up on something, try to adapt it to how your body works and what's comfortable for you.

Lilmisscattabox Good job sticking with your plan. I have always said that I never regretted sticking to my plan. I have regretted going off plan, though. ;)

Changeforme Congrats on having a great day! :carrot: Are you in the Outer Banks area? I am in Charleston, SC.

Alaskanlaughter I hope you can get some extra sleep tonight.

Novangel Good job on the walk! Were you able to make it to the gym today? Is work still treating you good?

Syckgirlsfv I have never been to a Cheesecake Factory. We don't have one here. I could dive face first into a Reese's peanut butter cup cheesecake though! :drool: Good job choosing a good option for your meal. Today is a new day.

Diana3271
06-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Total Approx 1380 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Walk Your Belly Flat w/#2 weights

HungryHungryHippo
06-10-2013, 10:44 PM
So a little boy handed me a chocolate chip cookie he made himself today!! Perfect storm! I actually need to re-gain a little weight right now, can afford the calories—and a kid—you want to be nice!!—but it’s my Kryponite! ;-) I thought about gobbling it, but for me, that 70, or 170, or whatever it is, calories would turn into an unending rabbit hole! I thought about people who discuss never eating a certain food again, and if it’s sad, or the right way to go, or everything in moderation—and I can’t say I’ve made a decision either way; I just know, for right now, life is simpler if I just don’t dabble in chocolate chips!

alaskanlaughter
06-10-2013, 10:52 PM
ughhhh my scalp is sunburned....my face is beet-red and burned :( my arms are burned, my ankle area where my capris end are beet-red....I felt like i'm on fire all day...my nose has some sort of blister-like liquid all over it and i'm sure it will peel soon :( MY EYELIDS ARE BURNED ughhh....and I was only in the sun for 2 1/2 hours yesterday and a few hours on Saturday...it's not like I was out there for 10 hours or something

HungryHungryHippo
06-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Just catching up:
MamaKat: You totally deserve a new wig!! Look at all that hard work you’ve been doing! Do you like getting variety, or traditional?! Maybe a Farrah flip, or a little red Columbia (Rocky Horror) wig?!

Diana: The Fat Hen and the fishing tourney sound really fun!! So sorry you are working through an injury right now. That’s always tricky, because, knowing you, you want to push through!

GGTS: I hear you—it sucks how you can eat what’s really a small amount of certain foods, and it just adds up!! I try to keep low-calorie treats around, for times like that.

IanG: Sardines on toast—that’s a funny one! 

BrandyEyeCandy: Congrats, and welcome!

ChangeForMe: Nice job!!

novangel
06-11-2013, 12:17 AM
ughhhh my scalp is sunburned....my face is beet-red and burned :( my arms are burned, my ankle area where my capris end are beet-red....I felt like i'm on fire all day...my nose has some sort of blister-like liquid all over it and i'm sure it will peel soon :( MY EYELIDS ARE BURNED ughhh....and I was only in the sun for 2 1/2 hours yesterday and a few hours on Saturday...it's not like I was out there for 10 hours or something

That is the worst next to a UTI. Take Advil it really helps to stop the pain. :hug:

Diana, I did get to the gym. I spent a little over an hour there and really went to town on cardio. :tired:

If your knee is hurting perhaps it's time for new running shoes? I know you mentioned getting new Asics a while back but not sure if you ever got around to it or not. Shoes really make a huge difference. I can't believe the difference after I got my Brooks.

The job is so far so good still *knock on wood* however 2 people quit this week so things are transitioning which is a little hectic at the moment. Hopefully the new people will work out because nobody likes high turnover but that seems to be common unfortunately. I forgot about that aspect of the salon business. Maybe this change will be for the better though, not saying that these 2 people were an issue for me but indirectly they kind of were for various reasons. Sometimes things happen for a reason.

We're supposed to be getting remodeled in July which will be nice, the place sure can use updating plus the customers will appreciate it.

Ian, I'm about 12 hours early but welcome to onederland. :) I'm certain you will be there by tomorrow or shortly after.

Night all!

lilmisschattabox
06-11-2013, 04:04 AM
Well Day 2 and so far so good. There is still chocolate at work and I've held strong! I'm dying to know if any of this hard work is actually working, but I don't want to weigh until Friday in case I'm horribly disappointed.

Alaskanlaughter ouch!! I sympathise! Hope you got some aloe or something and it's feeling better.
Brandyeyecandy congrats on the loss! I'm (sort of) new too!
changeforme three weeks strong, that's great!
Diana hope your knee is feeling better!

And hoping everyone else is having a great week and staying OP! :)

Diana3271
06-11-2013, 07:06 AM

Before bed, I added on the 7 minute workout from Strong Knees and the 20 minute Deep Rest practice from Yoga For Stress Relief.

Calories for yesterday: 1380 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160.4
Down: .4

changeforme
06-11-2013, 08:22 AM
hi guys! I had another good day yesterday but can't see a change on the scale today. which I know is absurd, but my instant gratification mind still wants it. I keep reminding myself that this didn't happen over night, it won't come off overnight. I have a friend that has been counting calories for 9 months with no change on the scale - when I asked her what keeps her going with no results she was quick to remind me she does have results - she's stopped gaining. so i'm going to keep my eye on the prize and remind myself its far away and that's ok because i'm at least heading in that direction now. :)

hungryhungryhippo - omg chocolate chip cookies? we have the same kryptonite! I don't know if I could have resisted ... go you!

lilmisschattabox - I know exactly how you feel! i'm sure your hard work will show on Friday. candy at work is the worst, it just sits there tempting us - the stuff we'd never bring into our houses right now. it's tough - you're doing awesome :)

alaskanlaughter - ouch! I hope you feel better soon

Diana - i'm in southeastern nc, not too far from you :) can you tell a difference with the strong knees workout? I have a knee I shattered 2 years ago that i'm working on. I have no restrictions from my orthopedist on what I can do now so i'm looking for things to build up my knee beyond walking and stairs.

happy Tuesday everyone!

Psychic
06-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1554
Today's Weight: 174.2

B - Waffles w/ Light Syrup
S - String Cheese
L - Light Very Cherry Yogurt, CocaCola, and half Protein Bar
S - Pistachios
D - Subway 6in. Buffalo Chicken & Guacamole Tortilla Chips

Gonna Get There Soon
06-11-2013, 10:41 AM
well it's been a while since I've posted or tracked my food on MyFitnessPal.....
But...guess who lost 3 lbs? I DID!

Just found out my children's father died...in a shootout with the cops....I'm still in shock, and am trying to figure out how to tell my kids. So I've been pretty upset with that. I'm sad...but he was a dangerous guy and my heart goes out to the police officer who had to take that shot.

Anyway. I will start tracking again today.
Have a good one guys!

alaskanlaughter
06-11-2013, 10:45 AM
well it's been a while since I've posted or tracked my food on MyFitnessPal.....
But...guess who lost 3 lbs? I DID!

Just found out my children's father died...in a shootout with the cops....I'm still in shock, and am trying to figure out how to tell my kids. So I've been pretty upset with that. I'm sad...but he was a dangerous guy and my heart goes out to the police officer who had to take that shot.

Anyway. I will start tracking again today.
Have a good one guys!

omg! what a sad situation :( i'm so sorry for you and the kids, and having to tell them that

Syckgirlsfv
06-11-2013, 12:05 PM
morning chicks and Ian! :wave:

I've decided to try to be more accountable than I've been over the last few weeks...you know it really does help! :D it's only when I don't post or check in that I start to stray - so YAY Diana for this awesome check in!!! :dizzy:

Dropped some of the water by this morning...hoping the rest will follow with good eating today, a long bike ride after work, and no wine :(

B - refried beans/egg substitute/light swiss/green salsa
S - veggie soup
L - pressure cooked chicken breast w/rotel, fresh steamed broccoli
S - almonds if hungry
D - salmon patty, zucchini sauteed in coconut oil, and maybe salad

everyone have a great day!:smoking:

IanG
06-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks novangel but I am not there yet. I had my pesky gain today, which I get every week. Up 0.2lbs so not bad but I hope I get back to losing tomorrow.

And Hungryhippo, the sardines were great. I am experimenting with a lot of tinned fish at the weekend to keep my calories low and my protein high. Last week I had tinned octopus with my salad and it was delish!

Anyways:

Breakfast: Raw mushrooms on low calorie bread with light mayo. A few olives. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Medium salad with chicken, egg, lettuce, olives, corn, kidney beans, quinoa, tomato, corn, cottage cheese, cauliflower, red pepper, green pepper, onion.

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Did 1 hour in the gym lifting weights and doing abs express.

Diana3271
06-11-2013, 02:56 PM

I did this workout today. Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoN_rvyeG0Y I used to have it on DVD but traded it. Youtube comes in handy to get a workout in sometime. ;) Leslie was very happy in this one. Give it a try if you are stuck in the house or like me in the office and want to do a workout. No since is working when you can work out? :lol:

HungryHungryHippo If you feel you need to gain a few pounds, you will probably be more comfortable doing it with foods that you feel safer around and won't cause long term problems. I have issues with certain foods in moderation. Everyone is different. Make the best choices for you and your comfort level.

alaskanlaughter I would be burned up if I was in the sun that long. I will burn in 10-15 minutes. I hope you feel better today.

novangel That's an idea. I think my shoes are getting close to needing to be replaced. I have another pair on stand by. Right now I am at a little over 5 months in these. I replace them at 6 months. I need to get another pair of the arch inserts before I change over, too. I think the big problem is that I'm not a runner and haven't trained for that. I did a 4 mile combo of walk/run the other week. I mostly ran. I do those sort of things on a whim, which usually bites me in the butt. :lol: Last time I did that I did 6 miles. I don't think I will be doing that again. You really have to work your way up. I have the endurance and can workout for hours on end, but my body is not used to the impact of running right now. I'm glad the job is still working for you. Are any of the other stylists into health/fitness?

lilmisschattabox Good job sticking to your plan.

changeforme Congrats on having a good on plan day. I have an injury right now, so I can't see a difference, yet. I know other people who use this DVD on a regular basis and have had great results with it. The idea is to strengthen the area around the knee to prevent knee issues. I am planning on doing the 7 minute portion daily until I am better. (the 7 minutes is a premix on the DVD) Once I am better I will try to do it weekly for maintenance. Here's the DVD: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/strong-knees-5706 I purchased it at the Barnes and Noble store since I wanted it immediately.

Psychic I hope you have a good day!

Gonna Get There Soon I am sorry to hear about the stress you are facing. I hope the children handles things OK. It must be a tough situation for everyone.

Syckgirlsfv I hope it helps you to post. Just do what works best for you. I really think it has helped me. Yes, it gets boring and I always seem to eat the same things, but I really think it has helped to keep my gain to a minimum. It has kept me focused on what I want to accomplish. The road has been rough at times. Yes, I have yacked and carried on about the stress, angioedema, the water weight, blah, blah, blah. :rofl: But I think it has also helped me mentally to post all of that. I hope you have a successful day! Is your graduation tomorrow?

Ian Not a bad gain at all. Have a great day!

Radiojane
06-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Haven't been around again, got busy, but still on plan. Up about 3 pounds, but that's pre TOM. I had a tooth pulled this morning, so I'm feeling pretty crappy, but I still managed to hit the pool. Back tracking online again today so I'll have a calorie count tomorrow.

Syckgirlsfv
06-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Diana - yes! Graduation IS tomorrow, thanks for remembering! :D

I'm eating super clean until after the ceremony, and then hubby is taking me to one of our fav Mexican restaurants - however, I still manage to eat pretty clean there. I usually get chicken fajitas and only have 2 of the corn tortillas and some beans. I give hubby the rice! :smug:

I am going to allow myself a melon margarita, though...they have the best! :carrot:

I took the day off on Thursday, so I'll be able to get some extra exercise cleaning the house and then hit the the gym. Doing a good hour or more on the bikes tonight, too! :bike2:

I've decided to forgo any liquor until Vegas, which is 3 weeks away now - only the margarita tomorrow night and maybe a cocktail on father's day with DH, but then again maybe just wine. I'm taking him to a Brazilian Churrascaria for his father's day dinner - that's where they bring out slabs of meat on these big skewers to your table and you pick whether you want a piece or not. there's usually chicken, beef, pork, and I think lamb. I can do well there because it's mostly meat and veggies that I'm interested in. :cp:

IanG
06-11-2013, 08:37 PM
I've decided to forgo any liquor until Vegas

Oh come on! Three weeks is a long time.

Chronostasis
06-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Gonna Get There Soon - I'm so sorry to hear that, genuinely. :( I'll be praying for you and your family, and especially the kids.
Radiojane - I love your new pic. You look lovely. The color is different too - did you dye your hair?

b - 2 packages of steamed broccoli + 1/2 cup lowfat blueberry kefir
l - salad (spinach, baby carrots, sliced green grapes, strawberry slices)
d - taco salad (spinach, black beans, ground beef, frozen corn, fresh salsa, lime juice spritz) + red and green grapes + peas

Total calories today: 1162 kcal
Honestly, was too busy and tired to exercise.
I won't be eating ground beef again anytime soon...just feel so ick after eating that, and it didn't taste as good as I remembered.

Also, I think my body might be repeating the "weight jumps up, holds steady at that high weight for several weeks, and then finally drops way down super-quick" routine. It's a little bit annoying to not see progress (neither maintaining the original low weight nor losing), but as long as there's light at the end of the tunnel I'll be patient.

Diana3271
06-11-2013, 09:13 PM

Radiojane You hair is long in the new avatar. I thought you had short hair. I hope you can get some relief now since the tooth is gone. You have battled with the dental issues for a while now. Do you have any more work that needs to be done? We go though phases like that. Ours has to do with fillings and crowns. We went though a phase where we outlived out fillings and we had to have a lot of them replaced.

Syckgirlsfv I hope you have a great day tomorrow. I know you and your DH are proud of all you have done. Do not listen to Ian! :p He is just trying to tempt you. :rofl:

Bad, Bad, Ian :kickbutt: :rofl:

Chronostasis Is the Kefir filling? I was going to look the nutritionals up and compare to yogurt, but I forgot. Need to do that now

IanG
06-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Ouch!

Diana3271
06-11-2013, 09:19 PM
I have been trying to keep my calories a little lower since I am doing lower intensity workouts, due to the knee issue.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Steak 400 calories
2 orders steamed snow peas 200 calories

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles w/#2 hand weights

Chronostasis
06-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Chronostasis Is the Kefir filling? I was going to look the nutritionals up and compare to yogurt, but I forgot. Need to do that nowKefir is very filling to me. I'll drink just a few ounces of it and almost immediately feel very full, even if I didn't have anything else yet. That feeling was kind of weird the first time I had it. I haven't actually tried protein powder drinks before (so this is purely speculation), but I imagine kefir has a similar effect to a protein powder drink. Kefir does have quite a bit of protein in it - the brand I drink has 11 g per 1 cup (140 kcal) - which generally keeps me feeling satiated until lunch. :)
Kefir does makes me want to drink more water (I'll usually drink 2x however much kefir I drank, in water), which helps fill me up as well. Kefir isn't salty or anything, and it's not an uncomfortable thirst. Maybe it's just me, but in my case it has that effect.
It tastes like drinkable yogurt or a thin smoothie. Sweet, but not overly so. (For anyone who's reading this and might not know what kefir is, it's a cultured/fermented dairy drink - similar to yogurt, but in liquid form.)
All in all, I really like it. I was worried at first that it might aggravate my dairy sensitivity, but it doesn't. (Cultured dairy seems to be ok, non-cultured dairy will bother me.)

Radiojane
06-11-2013, 09:45 PM
chronostasis thank you. I did recently Olof it, and Diana I grew it out for the wedding. This is the longest it's been in years. I think my face is finally thin enough to have it this long. I have one more appointment for two more fillings in July and then I should be done!! I'm not looking forward to the pain I'm going to be in tomorrow!

Katydid77
06-11-2013, 11:19 PM
RadioJane I love your new avi! I think it's very sexy. Kind of a come hither look :)

I love kefir too (to jump on that convo) but I'm the opposite in that it doesn't fill me very well at all. Trader Joe's sells it in these milk bottle type things and I can drink the whole thing without feeling like I've overdone it.

I do love the taste and texture, but I tend to avoid it b/c greek yogurt has a bit more protein and fills me up more.

Milk never fills me up either and ppl talk about having a glass of milk and being full.

Heck, I have an aunt that created a diet for herself where she lost weight drinking two low-fat chocolate milks a day (like you a slim fast) and then a small dinner.

She lost about 80 lbs doing that :)

HungryHungryHippo
06-12-2013, 12:54 AM
GGTS—OMG, that is really harsh—I am so sorry!

RadioJane—oooh—I loooove that pic!!

Diana3271
06-12-2013, 06:53 AM

Last night I added on the 7 minute premix from Strong Knees and the premix Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga For Stress Relief

Weigh In: 159.2
Down: 1.2 pounds

I am obviously holding onto a lot of water weight. I have lost 3.2 pounds in 3 days. Earlier in the week I switched from taking Advil to Aleve. Does anyone have experience with Aleve? I have never taken it before now. I always hesitate to take Advil because it seems like it makes me retain water (heck everything makes me retain water :rofl: seriously, it's a total PITA! :lol). It seems like the Aleve is helping my knee but I'm not gaining from water. Of course the tide (literally - water ) will turn tonight and I will blow back up. It seems like my edema flare is calming down some, too. Also, it seems like I flare when I take Advil. Of course everything is probably a coincidence. I tend to get paranoid over the least little thing now.

Today is my hair appointment. I will get it colored and reshaped. I am still growing it. :D I have seriously had some bad hair days, LOL. But things seem to be improving. We normally go to the Japanese place for dinner, last month we went to Panda Express (since it was a new place and we wanted to try it, and I could count calories there). Today we are going to one of our "normal" places. This Sunday is Father's Day and DH wants to go to PF Chang's. I told him that I WILL NOT eat that type of high sodium meal more than once in a week. Can you imagine how I would blow up over that? I have enough problems without adding that to the mix. :lol:

Radiojane OK this is totally serious! When I mentioned your new avatar, I thought it was when you were younger and maybe that look was a goal for you. You look freakin' AWESOME! Whatever you are doing, KEEP IT UP! And PLEASE send some my way!

Psychic
06-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1518
Today's Weight: 174

B - Flatout w/ Salami, Ham, and Swiss
S - Fiber One Brownie
L - Healthy Choice Honey Glazed Turkey w/ Sweet Potatos & Green Beans
S - Rocky Road Klondike Bar
D - Flatout w/ Buffalo Chicken Dip and Green Olives & V8
Exercise: 20 minutes gardening & 15 minute mall walking

At least I'm back down to where I was before the calorie-laden weekend. I'm shooting for 172 by the end of the month.

Psychic
06-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Radiojane - Your hair looks great. If anything, it makes you look younger and the shaping to your bangs makes your face look thinner.

Diana3271 - I'm lucky enough not to have much issues with sodium. You could try drinking some sort of tea (like Lifestyle Awareness Slim Balance) to get the sodium out of your system.

Chronostasis - My body doesn't handle beef well either. Too greasy. Luckily, I think its pretty gross anyways. I'll stick with venison for my red meat, thank you very much.

Misti in Seattle
06-12-2013, 08:14 AM
Hi everyone

Eeeks I have not been checking in here and, sure enough, I am gradually starting to get off plan and have gained a few pounds! It is hard for me when I can't work out as for me, the two are a package deal! I was not needing to write down my food for a long time since I was able to stick with the plan without it. After surgery I could not shop at my organic market and did not feel like cooking etc so was just eating "whatever" -- it does not take much to get off plan again, sheesh.

I will have to face the music and move my ticker back up a bit... I never lost the ten pounds they removed with the breast reduction anyway, but they said that is normal as it takes a while for the fluid retention and swelling.

The good news is I can not only wear all of my smallest pants but they actually fit looser than they did before... so not sure what is going on; hard to say with the surgery. So just need to get with the program and move ahead again.

Will come back later and read the thread... work beckons LOL

IanG
06-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Misti is back!

alaskanlaughter
06-12-2013, 10:45 AM
welcome back misti!!!!

Syckgirlsfv
06-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Oh come on! Three weeks is a long time.

I KNOW, right?!?!?!?!? :lol: but I'll allow wine...wine is the only thing that doesn't throw my body out of whack. Liquor causes me to retain 3 - 5 pounds of water and my digestive system gets funky. Wine doesn't do that :D:cheers:

I'm already armed with a bunch of Groupons for cocktails in Vegas :p

Headhunter drinks at Rhumbar in Mirage, frozen yard drinks in the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood, and "the chonga" frozen margaritas at Tacos & Tequila in Luxor :dance: LOL I'm ready!

Radiojane
06-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Misti The ten pounds will go! Congrats on your skinny pants!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my new "shameless selfie" :D I really do feel like I look younger than I did even four or five years ago. Even though I'm close to the same weight I was, my face seems to have thinned out remarkably. Now if only I could get my body to follow suit!

I'm down a few pounds of water weight this morning, but I'm still hovering around 375 due to impending TOM. My jaw is a little tender today, but not too bad. Really hope that my recovery goes better than last time. I'm pretty much forced to up my carb intake between PMS and needing to eat soft food. but I'm trying to NOT turn it into an excuse to cheat.

Yesterday calories in:1349
cheddar cheese
green beans with some greek dressing
about a half box of bento sushi with most of the rice removed (it was soft enough for me to eat lol)
salmon and crab pinwheel
mashed potatoes

Yesterday calories out:515
30 Minute swim

Syckgirlsfv
06-12-2013, 11:38 AM
So HI everyone!!! Graduation day :carrot:

My dad called and said he's coming...he has to drive from Huntington Beach (50 miles) - that's pretty cool of him :spin:

Diana - my DH and I ONLY take Aleve! Advil is among the pain killers they've discovered to be not so good for you...Aleve is much safer and works super fast. Do you take the liquigels? Those work so super quick! Advil is ibuprofin, which they have determined to ultimately be bad for you liver (in large amounts, but if you have to take it a lot you did the right thing switching). you can also get the generic for Aleve (naproxin sodium) much cheaper and it works just as well in my opinion.

B - egg sub w/zucchini sauteed in coconut oil
S - almonds
L - pressure cooker chicken/rotel
S - no snack, I'm leaving early today :p
D - Barragan's Mexican Restaurant :dancer::cbg::high::cofdate:

IanG
06-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Headhunter drinks at Rhumbar in Mirage, frozen yard drinks in the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood, and "the chonga" frozen margaritas at Tacos & Tequila in Luxor LOL I'm ready!

Yep. You're ready!

Down 0.2lbs today. Hardly worth weighing myself for. I hope I get a bigger loss tomorrow else it will be Christmas before I see ONE-derland at this rate.

Anyways:

Lunch: Medium salad with turkey, egg, lettuce, mushroom, carrot, olives, corn, kidney beans, bulgar wheat, hummus, tomato, cottage cheese, beets, onion and spicy salsa.

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Ran 5k at the gym in 29 minutes. Did 1 hour in the gym lifting weights and doing abs express. That's a lot of exercise.

Chronostasis
06-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Down 0.2lbs today. Hardly worth weighing myself for. I hope I get a bigger loss tomorrow else it will be Christmas before I see ONE-derland at this ratepsh, even at that rate you'd be in onederland in <2 weeks (ignoring weekly gains). You'll be there quite soon, I'm sure. :D

Diana3271
06-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Here's today's youtube workout 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk w/#2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEEOSE5dBo4

Chronostasis
06-12-2013, 06:13 PM
b: 258 kcal - lowfat blueberry kefir + bowl of mixed cucumber slices, green grapes, and cantaloupe
l: 350 kcal - chicken salad (with added fruit) on spinach bed + orange bell pepper and english cucumber slices
s: 150 kcal - vegetable chips
d: ~460 kcal - 3 heaping servings of homemade tofu veggie stir fry in brown sauce
total: ~1218 kcal
exercise: none so far, but I will go out on a walk soon if I can.

Diana3271
06-12-2013, 09:45 PM

This will be a quick post since I just got home.

Misti Welcome back!

Syckgirlsfv I hope you had a great day!

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 500 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 caloires

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk w/#2

HungryHungryHippo
06-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Misti—Welcome back!!

Syckgirls—Congrats!! Hope it was a great day!

alaskanlaughter
06-13-2013, 12:36 AM
my sunburn is slowly getting to the peeling stage and I look like my face hit a cheese grater :( ughhhh it doesn't hurt but I look awful LOL

on Monday I went over my WW points and activity points by 5...so Tuesday I stayed at my WW points and didn't use activity points to sort of "balance it out"...today I ate my WW points plus my activity points that I earned with a run this morning

I have no idea if any of that makes any difference....i'm approaching TOM next week, i'm sore from running outside and stiff, i'm sunburned AND constipated...*sigh* so needless to say, the scale is hating me this week :(

lilmisschattabox
06-13-2013, 04:42 AM
**** day at work yesterday, but better one today and now I have a three day weekend woo!!! Managed to stay relatively OP so yay! I'm going to brave the scales tomorrow... wish me luck!

Diana3271
06-13-2013, 07:05 AM

The last couple of days I have woke 1 hour earlier than my normal time. This is a sign that TTOM will be starting soon.

Last night I added on:
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Yoga For Stress Relief premix: Easing Neck & Shoulder Tension (Passive, 20 minutes)

Weigh In: 158.6

Psychic
06-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1528
Today's Weight: 174.6

B - Blueberry Oatmeal & Chocolate
S - Pistachios
L - Wendy's JBC, Value Fry, 4 Pc. Nugget, and Strawberry Tea :o
D - Pancakes & Light Syrup
S - Pepperoni
Exercise: 5 minutes aerobics

A little bit of bloat today. Probably due to the Wendy's junk I had yesterday.

changeforme
06-13-2013, 10:31 AM
good morning everyone :) i'm 2 days away from having a full week of staying completely op ... i'm actually excited to see the scale on Saturday now, who would have thought that would happen?

the flip side though is that i'm getting nervous about my vacation coming up in july - i'm not going to be able to count calories while there. i'll be visiting my sister and while I love her, she's just not super supportive about this and I always get super self conscious about even mentioning weightloss around her. she's one of those always thin, runs every day, eats whatever she wants people - always has been, just like my dad. hopefully by then i'll have six solid weeks of calorie counting under my belt and some of this should just be habit.

keep up the good work everyone :) you rock!

Radiojane
06-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Changeforme Even if you can't count calories exactly, you can always just make the healthiest choices possible. Don't be nervous. A vacation isn't anything you can't bounce back from!

Down 1.8 today, but still holding on to 4 pounds from my lowest. It's absolutely amazing and insane to me that I can have water fluctuations up to ten pounds.

Yesterday calories in:1467
chicken breast
cheddar cheese
salmon fillet
diced cucumber
gluten free pasta salad with mayo, greek dressing and chopped veggies.

Yesterday calories out:511
30 minute swim

Syckgirlsfv
06-13-2013, 12:11 PM
SCALE VICTORY, scale victory!!! this morning's weight is down ALL the pounds of water (3 or 4) and an additional pound! This is a low since I've been posting on here :carrot:

158.6!!! yeah baby, 8 to go and 3 weeks to Vegas. This is what cutting bread and rice and pasta out does for me ;)

Graduation was nice - my dad came up and after we went to Mexican food. I was able to be pretty good: chicken fajitas (I barely ate half) with 2 corn tortillas and a salad w/italian dressing. I really only ate a few chips w/salsa, and had a melon margarita like I said I would :p

You know, it helps when you have somebody with you that you haven't seen much in the last couple years... I was more interested in the conversation than my food!:dizzy:

no breakfast yet this morning - I took the day off today and just got up, and I'm having my coffee :coffee: I'll probably have some more of my fajitas, but I am so happy to see a new number on the scale that I feel like I don't want to eat! I will, though. Gym tonight - some cardio on top of whatever I can do that doesn't irritate my elbow. How long does tendinitis last, any way??? feels like FOREVER :rolleyes:

lilmisschattabox
06-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Woohooo!!!!!! The scale moved!!! 83.2kg (183lb) so about a 2 & 1/2 lb loss. It's not much but it's a start!!!

Chronostasis
06-13-2013, 05:47 PM
changeforme - Vacation was hard for me, but it didn't do any irreparable damage. What did me in was not being able to eat ANY of my normal foods - in particular, I didn't get much fruits and veggies. I also only drank a fraction of the amount of water I normally drink. My advice would be to remember to drink [water] often and drink a lot of it (surely your sister would see no problem with that :)) and try to incorporate as much veggies and fruit as you can into your meals.
When you're out at restaurants (which was nearly every day when I was on vacation!), either split an entree (with a family member or just boxing half as soon as it comes to the table - yeah, it may be awkward to ask, but a moment of awkwardness is definitely worth the calories saved) OR get a decently-healthy-looking appetizer as a meal (not the giant nacho plate!). Oh, and skip on the bread baskets - total calorie bombs. Order water instead of a drink and sip your water between ever few bites.
Syckgirlsfv - Congrats on graduation and the scale victory!
lilmisschattabox - Good job, and keep it up!

b: smoothie (380 kcal) - blueberry kefir, frozen strawberries, greek yogurt, ground flaxseed
l: salad (265 kcal) - lettuce, red bell pepper, strawberries, grapes
d: homemade rice noodles and green beans in peanut thai sauce + ice cream bar + plain greek yogurt w/stevia&vanilla + 2 GF lemon wafers
total: 645 kcal + dinner (~800-900 kcal) = ~1450-1550

Dinner was a bit of a mini-binge; the noodles were planned, but then I found the ice cream bars in the freezer and it went a little ways downhill from there. Calories still ended up good, though I'm not sure it was a good idea to allow myself a reward meal right before leaving town for a few days. College orientation starts tomorrow - I haven't decided yet whether I will try to be completely OP at the dining halls, or allow myself some leeway (say, aiming for 1600-1900 kcal.)

Radiojane
06-13-2013, 05:49 PM
lilmisschattabox - yay!!

minoja75
06-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone! I saw this group and how supportive you all are of each other and thought I would jump in if that's okay? I have been on plan and off plan and gaining and losing and am so tired of my lack of motivation. My sister is getting married in October and I really want to closer to my goal weight by then. I am not making her wedding my reason but I am using it for motivation.

I do low carb all the way...it seems like the only thing that works for me. I keep my calories around 1200/day and on my "cheat" days I eat my weight in fruit (my biggest weakness but obviously not what has gotten me to the size I am).

Today's weigh in 246

B Atkins shake
S Atkins bar
L Meatballs with low sugar spaghetti sauce
S " " loved them so much had the same for snack
D yet to be determined

Currently my greatest issue is getting off my butt and exercising...I can't seem to find my groove, I was considering getting zumba for at home but wonder if this body can even do something like that yet. I have a pacemaker (got it last year at 36 years old...told the doctors all my life something was wrong with this heart and finally one listened, it only took my heart stopping for him to agree) but besides that I am on medication that makes sure my heart doesn't get too high so that has led to a lack of energy as well as an added 40 pounds...it's a vicious cycle but it seems that way for most of us who are trying to get rid of the extra pounds.

I look forward to reading all of your posts about your experiences along the way and giving support in any way I can.

Sorry about the long post...I promise they all won't be that way. ;) Good luck everyone!

Syckgirlsfv
06-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Minoja75 -:welcome:

Chronostasis - your salad sounds fabulous!

Thinking about getting ready for the gym...I am really beginning to dislike it! I have much more fun on my bike, but there are some things I just need the gym for. Meh. :lifter::strong::workout:

IanG
06-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Down 0.8lbs today, but I am sensing that ONE-derland is going to put up a fight tomorrow. I am predicting a stall or a gain. Just feels that way.

Anyways:

Lunch: Medium salad with chicken, egg, lettuce, mushroom, corn, carrot, olives, yellow beets, kidney beans, hummus, tomato, cottage cheese, beets, onion and spicy salsa.

Dinner: Drinking beer (Green Flash Palate Wrecker).

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Did 1 hour in the gym lifting weights and doing abs express. No run to rest my legs.

Tomorrow, I am racing a guy in a 5k who weighs a lot less than me. He is genuinely worried that I am not going to make the distance! Little does he know that I will win.

Chronostasis
06-13-2013, 08:14 PM
minoja75 - Welcome! Always happy to see a new face (or is it "see a new username"?) and hear about someone else's experience. I'll look forward to seeing you post here often. :)
That's great that you use fruit as your cheats. Personally, I could never do low-carb; my body functions better with more carbs, and you can't take my fruit, legumes, and starchy vegetables away from me. :p Fruit gets a bad rap on some diets, but to my understanding the research clearly supports the idea that fruit is really healthy for you (helps with prevention of cancers and such.) Plus it's yummy and generally low-calorie! Win-win if you ask me.
Anyway (excuse my rambling), it's good that you have found something that works for you - a big part of dieting is simply learning about yourself and your own body.
Syckgirlsfv - It was delicious. I've never really liked salad dressing, so I've also never been one to regularly eat a salad for a meal. I decided to try packing salads as my lunch for a whole week, and I must say I really like it. :) I skip the dressing and instead load up on fruit, veggies, and sometimes other things. Low calorie and filling even without added protein (e.g. chicken). Strawberries + grapes + a veggie is my fav so far - the sweetness of the fruit replaces a dressing quite nicely.
IanG - Oooh, you're so close! You've got your ticket to ONEderland, now you're just waiting on the plane to take you there.
I'll be rooting for you in your race! You will totally win. ;)

Oh, and I did C25K W2D2 this evening! The injury from last week has not gone away or even lessened much, which leads me to assume it is either the bone or a tendon, but not the muscles. However, it was tolerable and I got through the workout okay. :D I actually really love the running - I just need to reign it in and let my body dictate the pace, not my mind. Wasn't long ago I'd tell you how much I hated running...

Diana3271
06-13-2013, 09:49 PM

Psychic I hope your day went well.

Changeforme Congrats on staying on plan! :carrot: I agree with Radiojane. Make the best choices you can while on vacation.

Radiojane Congrats on the 1.8 pounds! I swear fluid retention is my nemesis. Even before the angioedema, I was very sodium sensitive.

Syckgirlsfv Congrats on the new low! :carrot: Sounds like you had a very good day.

Lilmisschattabox Congrats on the 2 1/2 pounds! :carrot: That's awesome!

Chronostasis Have fun at the college orientation. Do you know anyone else going to school with you?

Minoja75 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: We look forward to watching you reach your weight loss goals!

Ian Congrats on the .8! I had a couple tough decades. The 230's about did me in. Then I struggled to stay below 200. It was really hard. I would drop and then bounce back up due to the angioedema. Then I finally got there. Good luck with your 5K race! You have the confidence and that makes a huge difference. You can do it!

Diana3271
06-13-2013, 09:51 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Chicken 400 calories
Steamed broccoli 100 calories
Sugar Snap peas 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Cardio Quick Fix - I followed the low impact modifier

Diana3271
06-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TIGF! :woohoo: I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Does anyone have special plans for the weekend or Father's Day?

My body is acting very weird right now. I'm not complaining, but I wish I understood what was going on. I will wait and see what happens. Again, here I am, the crazy science experiment. :lol:

I woke an hour earlier again this morning. TTOM should be showing up any day, now.

Weigh In: 157.8 :yay:
Down: .8

Before bed I added on:
7 minute premix from Strong Knees
20 minute Energy Balancing Practice from Quick Start Yoga for Weight Loss (this section is geared toward women when they have lower energy or they have TTOM

Psychic
06-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1467
Today's Weight: 174.4

B - Special K Cereal & Almond Milk + Chocolate
S - Fiber One Brownie
L - Lean Cuisine Eggroll w/ Rice + Sugarfree Pudding
S - Rocky Road Klondike Bar
D - Snacktables Jalepeno & Onion Petals + Vienna Sausages
S - New York Extra Sharp Cheddar

I really should try to cut back on the processed foods. I'm just not motivated enough to pre-prep everything and I don't have time in the morning.

minoja75
06-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Good morning! Thank you for the welcomes!

Staying on plan, making some homemade sourdough for the family...lucky for me I can't tolerate the gluten in it anyway so this will not cause a cheat day...though I do love it.

yesterday

B Atkins shake
S Atkins bar
L Meatballs with low sugar spaghetti sauce
S " " loved them so much had the same for snack
D Avocado with lemon and garlic salt

IanG-Good luck on your 5k race tomorrow!
Chronostasis-Did you start running before you lost weight? If so, what helped you make it a habit? I am starting the couch to 5k program but am worried that I will give it up too easily because I hate running! -well at least with this body.

novangel
06-14-2013, 10:56 AM
I went for a walk again yesterday and then got to the gym parking lot to receive a call that lasted an hour (long story) so I had to turn around and go home to get dinner going. 2 points for effort? I'm really trying to get back on track and the stars just won't align. I'm at work now and then I have to get my son ready/packed to go to his Dad's and then my BF and I are leaving around 7pm for a show, so we'll be gone the entire night. Depending on time frame I can try to get there for a few or it will have to wait till tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be too tired, I see this being a 3am night.

I got on the scale this morning and I'm still holding at 140p so I'm doing something right, I just hate the sluggish way I feel from lack of regular exercise. I need this for mental well-being more than anything at this point. Not sure I will see 138p again, I think that was just new job jitters but I have been very constipated (sorry TMI) so we'll see.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Diana, congrats on the loss. :carrot:

Ian, you in onederland yet?? Too lazy to scroll back. :lol:

dcapulet
06-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm dcap- I'm currently down 70lbs from highest weight and on the absolute verge of onnderland for the first time in 8 years. My plan is kind of like IP for diabetics- 1/2 cup of carbs only daily, 4-7 cups veggies, moderate protein. Recently, major stresses at work had caused me to be less focused- not gaining, but not losing either. I need to snap out of this and take better care of myself before its too late. So I found this thread and violá!

Today's goals- eat only on plan, 100 oz of water, light walk this afternoon.

Radiojane
06-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Welcome dcap!

I'm down to 372.4 today, and while I'm glad that I showed consistent losses for the last four days, I'm still not back to where I was, and I'm facing a trip on Sunday/Monday that may lead to more water gain. I'm really hoping this is an ACTUAL downward trend, and not just a fourth month of bouncing around. Still not TOM, but all the pesky symptoms are still here. I may leave my carb level up (I'm up to around 100g - but I'm eating them at my last meal), if the losses continue.

Yesterday calories in:1376
Egg
lemon water
cheddar cheese
steamed greens
salmon fillet
leftover gluten free pasta salad w/ cut tomatoes, onions and cucumbers.

Yesterday calories out: 509
30 minute swim with sprints

IanG
06-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks everyone for all the encouragement. Unfortunately I did not make ONE-derland today. Up 0.6lbs. So I am going to kick its hiney over the weekend.

I just ran my 5k race and, to his great surprise, beat my colleague! It was close though and I had to run faster than I have before. He was really catching up on the last half mile.

Tonight I have a drinks party at a friends which should be fun. It will be the same ol' deal for me...drink but don't eat!

Anyways:

Lunch: Medium salad with turkey, egg, cabbage, lettuce, carrot, artichoke, olives, black beans, hummus, tomato, beets, onion and spicy salsa.

Dinner: Will drink booze.

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Did 1 hour in the gym lifting weights and doing abs express. Ran 5k at lunch in 29 minutes.

That's a lot of exercise!

Diana3271
06-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave

Psychic I think you are doing a great job with how you are eating. Do you have time on the weekends to prep some things? If not, just continue to do the best you can. It seems like we are all so busy these day. Heck we run ragged all the time and we eat dinner out ever day of the week. We just don't have time to come home and prepare a meal.

Minoja Good job on your meals. Do you live close to a mall? I love to do mall walking.

Novangel Thank you. Congrats on maintaining! Keep trying to get those workouts in. Do the best you can. It will eventually come together again.

dcapulet Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weight loss, so far! :carrot: Keep up the great work! How was your day?

Radiojane Congrats on your weigh in! Remember, what you have done in the last 4 months is still better than what you would have done at another time. :yes:

Ian Congrats on the race! Those numbers are going to mess with you. :devil: Evil things! ;)

Diana3271
06-14-2013, 10:00 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner 700 calories
fruit cup 100 caloires

Exercise
Jessica Smith's Walking For Weight Loss, Wellness, & Energy - 1 Hour - w/#1 hand weights

alaskanlaughter
06-15-2013, 12:27 AM
its soooo hard to stick to WW points and not go over when i'm up at 5 a.m. and don't get to sleep until 10 p.m....I need to get back to eating less or no wheat and lower carb but when i'm exhausted at the end of the day it's so hard to make the best choices :( worked out this morning, worked all day going nonstop for 7.5 hours, home and ran errands, then dinner with hubby...i'm over on the WW points and craving ice cream...omgggg *sigh*

Diana3271
06-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great weekend!

True to form, I woke at 5:30 again. :tired: I went to bed at 11, so I only got 6 1/2 hours sleep at the most. I need 7-8 in order to feel decent. This happens to me every month around TTOM. I should learn and go to bed at 9, no matter what. :dizzy: TTOM hasn't started yet, but it should any day now. We'll see how the drama unfolds this month. ;)

I mentioned about taking Aleve this week due to my knee issues. I was hesitant to take Advil due to the fluid retention issues I have with it. I have actually lost several pounds of water weight this week. This is very unusual for me due to some crazy circumstances going on in my body. I personally feel the thyroid issues this past year has caused problems, but I think my big problem is the angioedema. Yesterday I did a little research. I think the angioedema and the histamine it produces in my body has caused a build up of inflammation. I am probably saying all of this wrong but that's a general idea. I read that my whole body swells (retains water) deep under the skin with the agioedema. The antihistamines helps with the symptoms but it doesn't fix it. I think when I started taking the Aleve this week, it reduced that inflammation and allowed my body to release the water weight. I had a slight gain this morning but I am still down 4+ pounds this week. I have lowered the intensity of my workouts due to my knee issue. I think that higher intensity workouts can produce inflammation, but I'm not sure. Also, I have added yoga to my regimen. I am hoping that something (yoga?? time??) will lower my internal stress. Maybe this will help, in the long run with the angioedema, which in turn will help with the inflammation. I really don't know about all of that. I guess time will tell. All I know, is that in the last year I have stuck to my food plan, except on the days that I mentioned eating higher calorie or off plan. I have only taken a few rest days in this year, too. All of this is the same that I did while losing all of my weight. I have worried all along that people are thinking that I am straying from my plan or falling off the wagon. This is not the case. I know that in reality it is no one's business, but still I don't want people to think that I am saying (posting) one thing but doing something totally different in my real life. I have stuck to my plan 100% except where noted and I am continuing to try to figure out what's going on. It is tough sticking to your plan like this while still having a gain. My gain has not been huge, but it's still a gain. Of course things would have been so much worse if I had taken a different route than sticking to my plan.

How's that for a book this early in the AM? :lol:

Last night I added on:
7 Minute premix from Strong Knees
15 Minute premix - Breathing Exercises to Calm the Mind from Yoga For Stress Relief

Weigh In: 158.2
Up: .4

minoja75
06-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Good morning Diana! Have you ever tried an alkaline diet to help reduce inflammation? I'm not sure how well they work but I have considered them because of my own knee injury. I am right there with you with the sleep thing too...ugh. I hope you catch some more zzz's soon!

Sorry alaskinlaughter...I know how you feel about those late in the day/evening issues, that's when I seem to lose will power from nothing better than simple exhaustion and not wanting to have to think about what's for dinner. As far as the ice cream craving though...let me know when you figure out how to get rid of those! I wish I could eat only a teaspoon of it and it be enough to satisfy a craving but ice cream is definitely a weakness for me. I don't know if you do low carb but have you tried making some whipped cream with heavy cream and splenda? Sometimes that fools my mouth enough to get rid of a craving. They even make sugar free whipped cream in a can now 0 carbs. I play with it a little by sprinkling dry sugar free jello on top (just a pinch or 2) but there are so many flavors to choose from.

Good luck everyone! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Father's Day to all the dads!

IanG
06-15-2013, 02:38 PM
A beer or two would get rid of the water Diana. Or a glass of wine. I do not know if you drink, or can drink, but it works wonders for me!

Down 1.4lbs today. ONE-derland is going to get it. Hopefully tomorrow.

My drinks party was last night. I stuck to wine and had a nice time. I got up early this morning and ran 5k and then went grocery shopping.

Anyways:

Breakfast: Raw mushrooms on low calorie bread with light mayo. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Large salad with chicken, lettuce, cheese, salsa, hummus, sardines, sun dried tomato, olives and pickled onion.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Palate Wrecker and Green Flash West Coast IPA possibly with a G&T chaser).

Exercise: Ran 5k at lunch in 31 minutes.

dcapulet
06-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi Everyone - thanks for the welcome!

Diana - my day was good :) all food, water and exercise in. How do you like the Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt? I was thinking about trying it.

No loss on the scale this morning, but I have strayed a little, so it's time to adapt and move on.

Minoja - alkaline diet?

Ian- glad to hear that beer works for you, but not for me! Good luck on getting to Onederland!

I'm right on the edge, so focusing on eating within limits today and enjoying the weekend!!!

minoja75
06-15-2013, 08:24 PM
dcapulet-I don't know much about it and I couldn't recommend a site but I found info for it when I was trying to find natural remedies for acid reflux and it claims to help with inflammation and acne too.:shrug:

IanG
06-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Good luck to you too dcapulet! I see you are 200lbs on the nose!

novangel
06-15-2013, 09:36 PM
I was functioning on very little sleep today but I made it to the gym. It took me an hour but I jogged 4 miles. I must stay on track this week.

I bought some new headphones today too, the ear buds just don't do it for me anymore. I REALLY wanted the Dr. Dre Beats but I can't justify spending that much money only to sweat all over them so I found a pair of $20 Sony. Without music I wouldn't get anything done...

I got a belly ache now from too much buffalo sauce. I had wings earlier. :p

Diana3271
06-15-2013, 10:47 PM

Alaskanlaughter I'm sorry to hear that you struggled yesterday. Have you ever froze flavored Greek Yogurt? Maybe that might will satisfy your taste for ice cream.

Minoja I haven't tried an alkaline diet. I realized about all of this, this week. I hope it's not a fluke and the Aleve helps me. I will continue with the Aleve to see how it goes. I hope you had a great day!

Ian The beer/wine doesn't work for me, either. :lol: I wish I was so lucky. Congrats on the 1.4 pounds! :carrot:

dcapulet I like the Strawberry Oikos. I have actually been eating the vanilla recently. I haven't changed my post. I just copy and paste it. The vanilla has a few less calories than the strawberry. I like Oikos better than other brands. A lot of people like Chobani. I don't like it at all. I'm weird, LOL. I hope you make it to Onederland tomorrow! Keep up the great work!

Novangel Great job on the 4 miles! :carrot:

Diana3271
06-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Total Approx 1400 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (270 Calories)
Greek Yogurt 270 Calories

Dinner (735 Calories)
Greek Chicken, Kalamata Olives, Feta Cheese, Asparagus Orzo salad 535 Calories
Toasted raisin bread topped w/pumpkin butter and ricotta cheese 200 calories

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Walk Your Belly Flat

alaskanlaughter
06-15-2013, 11:37 PM
we are prepping our fence to be painted....I thought the fence was a dull gray color from either an old paint job or fading paint....once I started power washing it, it turned out to be about 30 years accumulation of dirt and grime...OMG yuck!!!...hubby mowed the lawn and weed-whacked all the edges...I power washed the fence for SIX HOURS(!!!) in 80-degree sunshine and i'm about 3/4 of the way through...I removed so much gray sludge that it created a sludge-lake underneath where all the water accumulated...it also sprayed all over me along with misc pieces of mowed grass and bugs....I only found two spiders and one slug on me though...

I am SO SORE, especially my hand from gripping the washer nozzle the entire time...i'm also sunburned...again :(

wonder how many calories I burned lol

lilmisschattabox
06-16-2013, 03:52 AM
Alaskanlaughter I like the way you think! Here's hoping you burnt lots of calories. Sounds like an awful job!
Diana I tried a food elimination diet a few years ago - I lost weight and it really did show me what foods were triggering my health probs. It's hard work trying to deal with frustrating health probs - I feel your pain! :hug:

I've had a bit of an iffy weekend but back to it tomorrow. Already planning out my meals and looking forward to another loss at the end of the week! (I hope!) Good luck everyone!

Diana3271
06-16-2013, 09:02 AM

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's! I hope everyone enjoys their Father's Day celebrations.

I think TTOM started yesterday. We shall see. Everything is a wait and see for me. :lol: Wait and see if this actually happened, wait and see what's going to happen, wait and see if this works, blah blah blah. :rofl: I will have patience! :yes:

Last night I added on:
The Forward Bends section from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for your week

I have determined that there are certain yoga instructors that I prefer to use before bed. So far, I prefer Barbara Benagh and Suzanne Deason. I find their voices more relaxing and to my tastes. This was my first experience with Rodney Yee. While the workout was good for PM use, since it uses forward bends, his voice is not soothing and relaxing to me. I will have certain instructors reserved for my evening practice and others will fall into the category of my earlier practices on Sat/Sun.

Calories for yesterday: 1400 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 158.2 (TTOM? maybe we'll see :lol:)
No Change

alaskanlaughter
06-16-2013, 12:54 PM
good morning :) it's 68 and only 9 a.m. and supposed to get into the mid 80s again today....there's even fire warnings and you never see those in a rainforest LOL

i'm going to have my teenager finish the last of the power washing today...my hands are really stiff and sore and i'm also sunburned like crazy again :( worse than last weekend too

I need to run errands today and fold laundry, plus kind of supervise teenager because he tries to do the bare minimum on work unless i'm around LOL

IanG
06-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the Father's Day wishes Diana. I spent all day with the kids :crazy:.

No change in weight today. That never happens on the weekend. I always lose. So ONE-derland is fighing back.

Anyways:

Breakfast: Raw mushrooms on low calorie bread with light mayo. A few olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Panera hidden menu, chicken hummus bowl. Nice and small.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash West Coast IPA possibly with a G&T chaser).

Exercise: Ran 5k this morning in 32 minutes. Then went swimming with the kids and then went to the park with the kids.

Diana3271
06-16-2013, 10:02 PM

Lilmisschattabox Good job planning ahead!

Alaskanlaughter How did it go getting the teenager to pressure wash the fence? ;)

Ian Onederland is giving you a run for your money! You better run that thing down, put some bad a$$ moves on it and drag it home! ;) Yes! That's a challenge for you!

IanG
06-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks Diana. I accept that challenge and will whoop ONE-derland's a$$...tomorrow!

Kick boxing style.

(But not with weighted gloves...I am not bad a$$ed enough for that!).

Diana3271
06-16-2013, 10:11 PM
DH wanted to go to PF Chang's today for Father's Day. I chose not to eat at the Japanese place on Wednesday so I could eat at PF Chang's today. Of course the sodium is horrible.

Total Approx 2115 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch/Dinner 1720 Calories
Spring Rolls 110 calories
Egg drop soup 60 coupon
Beef w/broccoli 670 Calories
Brown rice 310 calories
Chocolate Peanut butter crunch 570 Calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

Radiojane
06-16-2013, 10:32 PM
TO! Got here Friday, the worst seems to be over, but I'm traveling again so the water weight won't budge for a while. No idea what I've consumed, but I'd ballpark it at about 2800, so still a deficit. I just finished an intense swim, full out non stop laps, so at leat I've burned about 800 of that. Now off to help the bf study.

alaskanlaughter
06-16-2013, 11:31 PM
its been in the 80s all day again, which is HOT for this rainforest....and there is no air conditioning anywhere in town....not our house, the stores, nothing....I don't mind the heat but this sunburn is killing meeeee :(

in fact the back of my knees hurt so badly to bend them that I MAY not run tomorrow morning :( which totally sucksssss but I might just walk in the early morning hours instead....I don't even want to wear long sleeves either because of the burns on my arms and I need long sleeves in the morning workout too :(

teenager did a good job raking up the mowed front yard and pressure washing the rest of the fence....DH did the last small part which is under a huge tree....I didn't want to do it yesterday because giant man-eating spiders live in that tree :D

I went grocery shopping today and FINALLY caved to my salmon craving and bought salmon patties at Costco....i'm born and raised Alaskan and have NEVER EVER(!) bought fish from a store in my entire life....but we haven't gotten any fish this summer...I ate mostly salmon and veggies today yummm

Diana3271
06-17-2013, 07:16 AM

Calories for yesterday: 2115 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.8 (TTOM)
Up: 1.6 pounds

Last night I added on:
(I did this one earlier) The Twist and Flow Premix from Sean Corn's Detox Flow Yoga
(Right before bed) 7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Short Rest Premix from AM/PM Yoga for Beginners

changeforme
06-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great Monday :)

My work schedule has been shifted around this week and I have not stayed on plan the last 2 days. That changes today though, back at it! I've been working at changing my attitude about this whole journey, trying to let go of the instant gratification and work toward goals other than just a number on the scale. I'm considering signing up for a 5k in October ... I have never liked running and have rebelled against it since my dad and sis are obsessed with it. And it's really hard on knees and 2 years ago I had my knee pieced back together from the 13 odd pieces it was in after a car wreck. But I kinda wanna do it anyway ... one of my friends has started running and she loves it, I told her if she does this run I will too. Eeeek!

Diana - the patience thing, lend me some will you? My brain is just now realizing that I am not magically going to be all skinny and perfect by my vacation in a few weeks. sigh

hope everyone has a great day!

alaskanlaughter
06-17-2013, 10:19 AM
I opted to walk the 2.5 mile route outside early this morning....I am still sore from the pressure washer and also hate sweating through a bad sunburn ugh :(

teenager isn't feeling good....so I might come home early from work to watch the littler kids....

IanG
06-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Well I hit ONE-derland (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/283597-beer-salad-one-derland.html) and I could not have done it without Diana! Down 1.6lbs today.

Anyways:

Breakfast: Raw mushrooms on low calorie bread with light mayo. A few olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Coffee, milk no sugar. Protein shake.

Lunch: Salad : lettuce, cheese, walnuts, cranberries, hummus, sardines, spicy salsa, pickled onion, olives, sun-dried tomato.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash West Coast IPA possibly with a G&T chaser).

Exercise: Ran 5k this morning in 30 minutes. Did 1 hour in the gym lifting weights and abs express. Walked 2.38 miles to/from work.

Now to work on goal and lose the final 30lbs!

Diana3271
06-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Ian That is awesome news! Congratulations! :carrot:

Radiojane
06-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Wtg Ian!

Gonna Get There Soon
06-17-2013, 03:58 PM
I have really been struggling with my children's father getting killed. I just can't seem to log on much......but just for a quick update. I think I'm staying within my calorie range. If I do go over, it can't be by much. And I am still walking everyday. About 3 miles a day.
I guess at least I am still staying OP through this crisis.....or at least I'm trying. Everything just sucks right now. No two ways around it.
I'll try better tomorrow to start tracking again.

Diana3271
06-17-2013, 08:26 PM

Ian How are you feeling? Are you still on top of the world and beside yourself? ;) Again, great job! :bravo:

Radio Hang in there with the traveling. Good job on the swim. :carrot:

Alaskanlaughter Do you have any aloe vera? It should take the burn out of the sunburn.

Changeforme It's hard to make all the changes at once. It's like a process. Over time I changed things from where I started. I didn't do it all at once. Another way to think of it is like the pieces of a puzzle. You put the puzzle together piece by piece until you get the finished product. PS: It never really finished. As soon as you think you've got the puzzle figured out, someone comes along and knocks the corner off. At that point you have a good basis for the puzzle and you start working on putting it back together again. :D

Gonna Get There Soon So sorry to hear about the struggles. Hang in there. Things will slowly start getting better again. :hug:

Diana3271
06-17-2013, 08:29 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories

Exercise:
Project You Full Body Circuit w/#10's and #1 weighted gloves
I kept the cardio low impact. I will continue like this until I know my knee is OK

alaskanlaughter
06-17-2013, 08:46 PM
ian congrats on one-derland!!

I came home from work early because teenager isn't feeling good...now i'm not feeling good either, stomach upset :(

storm front blowing in from out the road....hope we get some good thunder!!

I dug through old clothes in the garage and tried on an old dress and two shirts....trying on clothes while bloated, stomach upset and impending TOM is NOT the best idea :( granted they all fit much better than they did 50 pounds ago but I still thought I looked horrible and ended up not wearing any of them lol

Radiojane
06-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Just rocked a dress in 1X out for dinner with my extremely good looking city friend, who complimented me both on the dress and my rapidly shrinking physique. :) he seems convinced my bottom is smaller than last month. Maybe something is happening :D

alaskanlaughter
06-18-2013, 12:21 AM
my stomach seems to have settled down....I overate but it was entirely on SALMON!!! omg I love it and have had about 4 patties today which jacked up my calories over my limit...i'm rationalizing this because salmon is super healthy right? lol

the thunder was all around us but we only heard one clap of thunder :( over on the island it was thundering pretty good but not where we live near the glacier....winds were pretty high and dark clouds, then a little span of heavy rain....a tree fell over a few miles away and knocked out power over there for awhile but not here

i'm SO GLAD it cooled down though....we don't have air conditioning and the 80s temps was getting a little old lol...up north on my parents' homestead it was 99 outside and 86 inside with no air conditioning....they ran their fans until the power also went out up there so dad went for a drive with the windows down for awhile until power came back on...that's how Alaskans do it ;)

Katydid77
06-18-2013, 02:32 AM
FINALLY broke my plateau today! 145.0 on the scale this morning, so a nice 2 lb loss to get the bus moving again. :D

Really hoping it won't bounce back up on me, like it has been known to do in the past. I kept it to 900 calories today b/c I don't want to give my body any excuses to be up again tomorrow. LOL

Anyway, I have complained enough, so that I thought I should pop in here to give a positive report too.

Diana3271
06-18-2013, 07:03 AM

Last night I added on:
PM Yoga w/Patricia Walden

Weigh In: 160.4 (TTOM)
Up: .6

Have a great day!

IanG
06-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Thanks everyone. Yesterday was fantastic but I have the blues today. I think it's because I have lost the challenge of ONE-derland. Very strange. Anyway, down 0.6lbs today which is good but I am due my weekly gain/stall. I hope that doesn't bounce me into the 200s again. I don't think it will.

Anyways:

Breakfast: Raw mushrooms on low calorie bread with light mayo. Coffee, milk no sugar. Protein shake.

Lunch: Medium salad : lettuce, cheese, argula, orange, corn, beans, mushrooms, radish, egg, chicken, olives, hummus, spicy salsa, sun-dried tomato, carrot.

Exercise: Did 1 hour in the gym lifting weights. Walked 2.38 miles to/from work.

Tomorrow I am racing a colleague again over 5k. I hope I can double my win!

novangel
06-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Congrats Ian! :carrot:

Well, I had every intention of going to the gym last night until my ex called and ruined eveyone's mood. Unfortunately he's good at that. Tonight my BF has band practice so who knows. I'm very crabby today now. I wish I was able to just blow things off but I always stew and give my precious energy to people that don't deserve it. I guess I need to work on that.

Have a good day, everyone.

Syckgirlsfv
06-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Wow have I missed a lot! I was shopping on my day off last Thursday and got the call from my boss that he let two of our people go...just in my department! I expected it, but now comes the hard part. I was the only one that knew how to do everything to 2 that got canned were doing, which means that I have to train the other staff to take over those responsibilities. With year end, the audit, and prepping for the High Holy Day madness to start it is going to SUCK. :stress:

I also woke up with my shoulder hurting from sleeping on it weird on Friday, and by Friday night it was SO bad I couldn't sleep. Saturday I did nothing but sit on the couch in pain! :mad: I was sure I was screwed for at least a few weeks...but Sunday it was a lot better and by today almost unnoticeable. I'm telling you...the power of prayer is bigger than anything! :D

B - SBD wrap w/2 eggs, squash sauteed in coconut oil, provolone
L - baby spinach and coleslaw salad w/crumbled blue cheese and chicken breast in it
S - celery w/peanut butter
D - not sure yet

Vegas is now around the corner...still need to lose about 8 pounds :o

Need to kick it in to high gear! I lost a few days of exercise because of the shoulder...couldn't even ride a bike. But tonight a nice ride!!! :bike2: I missed it!

ONWARD!!!!! 16 days to lose 8!

Chronostasis
06-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Congratulations Ian! Settle in and enjoy onederland, you’re here to stay. And I’m expecting you to add another win to your 5k races record. ;)
Gonna Get There Soon – I give you points for effort, and also hugs and well wishes. :hug: Keep it up.

(TLDR: you don’t have to read this, it’s just my rambling. :D)
Chronostasis-Did you start running before you lost weight? If so, what helped you make it a habit? I am starting the couch to 5k program but am worried that I will give it up too easily because I hate running! -well at least with this body.minoja – I started running once I felt some confidence that it wouldn’t cause me to end up incapacitated with a migraine for the rest of the day (which formerly would happen every time I got my heart rate up too high, making me afraid of exercise.) The migraine issue seems to have nearly completely resolved after some time on a wheat-free/almost gluten-free diet. Within a week or two of starting the diet I started doing more walking – starting with the treadmill, then setting a goal to go for a walk outside 5 days a week. I didn’t try to walk quickly, I just tried to make it a habit, whether it was 10 minutes outside or 60 minutes on the treadmill while watching a TV episode. Eventually I started adding in a few short sprints to my walking, but I didn’t really push myself very far out of my comfort zone.
When I started to feel more comfortable with the walking/walk-sprinting and eating wheat-free (at that point I was already down a few pounds), I reevaluated my attitude toward more rigorous exercise. I kind of fell in love with the running after doing it for about two weeks. Totally unexpected, because I had always hated running before. Even so, I still struggle sometimes with exercising regularly vs. being overzealous vs. doing nothing. It’s a process.
My advice would be to take it slow - I did get a little too excited and suffered a minor injury, which has not healed yet. Getting into the habit of walking first helped me transition more easily to running, I think. Walking might be easier for you to start with at this point. Good shoes will basically be a necessity if you want to start running or even walking some distance regularly.
Oh, and one more tip – don’t actually run for the “jogging” portion of C25K. I often do it at four-year-old speeds or make a game of how slowly I can run while still going through all the movements of running (almost like running in place, but still covering some distance). Trust me, it works better that way, and you’ll still see results.
----------------
Orientation went fairly well. The main goal of it was to get all the freshman set up with their fall class schedules, I think. So I have my schedule now, obviously. Other than that it was fairly boring – didn’t really meet anyone, just spent the 2 days sitting and listening to lecture sessions, walking, and eating. But it was still a bit of an NSV for me personally. (For context, all of the students were assigned to stay in a dorm overnight.) I was probably the heaviest or second-heaviest of the girls on my floor – skinny/normal-weight girls, all of them – but even so I didn’t feel like I was “the fat girl.” For the first time, I almost felt normal. Yeah, they were lighter, but not by much. I trust that it won’t be long before there is no difference. Not that I want to be exactly like them or anything – I just want to be a normal, healthy weight and feel good about my body. Anyway, it made me recognize the progress that I’ve already made and also motivate me that my goal is really not so far away.

b: bowl of vegetarian chili
l: 1/4 plate brown rice, 1/4 plate shredded chicken in barbecue sauce, 1/2 plate assorted fruit (strawberry slices, pineapple slices, red grapes)
d: cucumber-parsley chickpea salad + baby carrots + small gala apple
exercise: C25K W2D3

notes: -frozen bags of rice make excellent ice packs.
-when at a party and wanting the food but not actually hungry, serve yourself a plate, sit down at the table with everyone else and fuss around with the food for a while (without actually eating it), then when everyone else is finishing up, pack it up to eat for lunch the next day [this is what I did last night, and it was very good for lunch today :D]

Diana3271
06-18-2013, 08:58 PM

Alaskanlaughter I hope you are feeling better today.

Radiojane Congrats on the dress! :carrot:

Katydid Congrats on the 2 pounds!

Ian Great job on the .6! I understand the let down today. When I was there I kept bouncing up and down so it was really frustrating for me. (I was actually having a angioedema flare up at the time, but didn't know what it was). You will find a new challenge. ;)

Novangel Sorry about the ex. Do you think you could work in a short workout at home?

Syckgirlsfv Hang in there about the stress at work. Hopefully things will get better soon.

Chronostasis Congrats on the NSV! I have said this before, but those are the things that makes our lives a better place. Keep up the great work.

Diana3271
06-18-2013, 09:00 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled steak 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp Workout

Angie
06-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi Diana!

I have been thinking about coming back to 3FC for a while and I think this is the right thread for me now :). I'm up about 30lbs from my lowest weight...I didn't weigh in this morning, so I'm not quite sure of my number.

I've been trying to stay under 1400 calories and to get some daily exercise lately and that seems to have things moving again, I think I've lost 8lbs in the last month, approximately, but I haven't been tracking closely.

I get to see some of our daily weighing friends on facebook, but I've missed you, can't wait to catch up a bit!

Here's my day:

Breakfast: Slimfast 123 Strawberry Shake

Lunch: Caesar salad & chicken

Dinner: Hamburger

Exercise: Incline walk on treadmill x 43 minutes (250 cal)

Diana3271
06-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Angie HI! :wave: It is so good to see you! I have thought about you so many times. I have even checked your profile to see if you ever came back. How is your little one doing? I'm sure he is growing like a weed.

novangel
06-18-2013, 10:08 PM
BF's band practice was cancelled so I was able to go to the gym and jog another 4 miles. I got home about an hour ago and of course now I'm starving so I will have to find a snack at 9pm. That's the one downfall about preferring to workout at night is late night snacking but thus far it hasn't been an issue for me.

Good night all. Hopefully tomorrow is a less crabby one. :)

novangel
06-18-2013, 10:11 PM
I have really been struggling with my children's father getting killed. I just can't seem to log on much......but just for a quick update. I think I'm staying within my calorie range. If I do go over, it can't be by much. And I am still walking everyday. About 3 miles a day.
I guess at least I am still staying OP through this crisis.....or at least I'm trying. Everything just sucks right now. No two ways around it.
I'll try better tomorrow to start tracking again.

:hug:

lilmisschattabox
06-19-2013, 03:15 AM
MIA for a couple of days but still been doing pretty good... Did have a little bit of chocolate today and a mocchacino, so hopefully that doesn't harm my efforts. I've been relatively good otherwise.

Hope everyone's week is ticking along well :)

PaintedPonies
06-19-2013, 06:33 AM
I've been doing so poorly. I've been binging for about 2 1/2 weeks now, and have gained a little over 10 lbs. But I'm sure a fair amount of that will come off quickly.

I need to get back on track. I was doing so well before I visited home.
Here's back to Day 1.
179.2 lbs.
Lots of work today at the farm- tons of watering, collecting rocks, turning sod, and then finish off with a bike ride home (which is mostly downhill).
Eating healthy portions of healthy foods all day, and absolutely NO binging!

Diana3271
06-19-2013, 07:16 AM

Last night I added on:
7 minute premix from Strong Knees
Unwinding Muscle Tension premix from AM/PM Yoga for Beginners

Weigh In: 159.8 (TTOM)

I will be back later. Have a great day!

Chronostasis
06-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Chronostasis Congrats on the NSV! I have said this before, but those are the things that makes our lives a better place. Keep up the great work.I absolutely agree. Feeling normal instead of fat, asking for (and wearing) a medium-size t-shirt at orientation, not feeling terribly self-conscious around all the other girls even in my tank top and pajama pants. Yeah, the scale does give a measure of our progress, but things like this is what it's really all about.
Even so, now I have a scale victory to go along with it. :) It's been almost a month since I've seen a loss, but I stepped on the scale this morning and was finally down another 2 lbs from my previous low (172.4 vs. 174.4). I have a feeling it will go down further, since I still have a fair bit of TOM bloat to get rid of. Fingers crossed!
Also, I'm now only 3 lbs away from officially being at a healthy BMI. I see a milestone coming up soon! ;)