100 lb. Club - The Cool Kids -- getting to the next decade

Pages : [1] 2

bethFromDayton
05-31-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi all,

Since certain people (Hi Elvis!) can't stay in their own "getting out" of thread, and because there are cool people getting out of all the decades, I've decided to start a "Cool Kids" thread.

The rules are simple--you need to be either trying to decrease your weight or maintaining (that should cover everyone). If you post, you are, by definition, one of the Cool Kids--and only Cool Kids can post. :dizzy:

And here's my Cool Kid share for the day--when eating my lunch today (Lean Cuisine Tortilla crusted fish, celery & carrots with hummus, and an orange), I couldn't decide which bite I wanted to be the "last bite" since I was enjoying my lunch and was enjoying all the pieces of it. YAY me for not even wanting a sweet--which I used to have after every meal.

Ubee
05-31-2013, 02:31 PM
Beth, you are so sweet to include everyone! :hug: I was afraid this was going to be like getting picked last for gym class.
3FC is where all the nice people hang out.

ghost
05-31-2013, 02:38 PM

Mozzy
05-31-2013, 03:23 PM
Guess I'm a cool kid now lol

Share of the day:

Gonna gather all my "too big" clothes for a goodwill run!

Mozzy
05-31-2013, 03:35 PM
Has anyone seen lunar lately???

PreciousMissy
05-31-2013, 03:39 PM

She has been scarce lately, but no, I haven't. HEEEEEY LUUUUNAR! Where are you?

*jumps up and down* Pick me! Pick me!!

My share for the day is that I was so hungry this morning I ate my lunch at 10. Who does that?? Oh well, at least it was yummy wonton soup :D

Underwater
05-31-2013, 03:50 PM
I like to think I'm one of the Cool Kids...

My share of the day is that I'll be going to IKEA not eating the food there! (even though I feel almost guilty skipping it since it's so freaking cheap!)

elvislover324
05-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Since certain people (Hi Elvis!) can't stay in their own "getting out" of thread, and because there are cool people getting out of all the decades, I've decided to start a "Cool Kids" thread.

I just *KNEW* I heard my ears ringing!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

And I do resemble that remark!

elvislover324
05-31-2013, 06:00 PM

She pops in here and there, she has a lot going on with school I know.

I miss her so much it would be considered stalking if I messaged her every time I thought of her. She's a valued member of our 3FC community and she personally helped me deal with so much in my personal life. She truly is a special person.

I hope she checks back in soon.

:wave: Hi Lunar, we miss you!!! :grouphug:

Lecomtes
05-31-2013, 06:30 PM
"lets make "share of the day" a "thing" "here." Also, overuse of quotation marks."
If "overuse" of quotation marks is a "thing" here, I feel at home already.
My "share" of the day
Underwater- Props to resisting anything at IKEA...I'm afraid if I go there I'll never come out...and I've heard the meatballs are A-mazing.

My "share" is that I ate a peanut butter & banana sandwich for lunch, and despite my better judgement, did not sneak any additional bites of peanut butter. ;)

elvislover324
05-31-2013, 07:04 PM
"lets make "share of the day" a "thing" "here." Also, overuse of quotation marks."
If "overuse" of quotation marks is a "thing" here, I feel at home already.

I have "no idea" what you'd be talking about. I would never "overuse" quotations marks. "EVER!" :D:D:D

Teresa66
05-31-2013, 07:12 PM
:wave:Hi

I would like to be a "cool kid" :cool: I used to post in this group, but then I got busy, left 3FC and gained a bunch of weight back :( but now I'm back doing Weight Watchers and really hoping that my slow :snail: weight loss will now speed up with a good plan and support from some like minded friends ;)

I do love a "good" quote and I really LOVE :love: capital letters and smilies! :carrot: :cb::dance:

Ohhhhhhh and I'm addicted to :coffee: JUST SAYING!

My "share-of-the-day" is that I said no to a co-workers chocolate donuts and yes to a low fat string cheese. :woohoo:

elvislover324
05-31-2013, 07:44 PM
Welcome Teresa, you are going to fit in "perfectly" here! :lol:

Seriously, welcome!!! This is a great group of people here!!

thnknthin1
05-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Count me in as a cool kid :)

My share of the day....went to Sam's earlier and did not try one single free sample bite they had strategically placed all around the store. Instead I came home and had a berry spinach smoothie!

pnkrckpixikat
05-31-2013, 08:09 PM
My share of the day is that I finally bit the bullet and bought some new clothes that fit properly after my recent regain... it wasn't as bad as a feared, solidly an 18, I first took in 20s and 22s... now to work my way back to the 12s I had just purchased in October before I lost focus.

SuperHeroTeacher
05-31-2013, 09:14 PM
I love :love:the "cool" :dancer: kids!

My "share of the day":
I'm "SERIOUSLY" going to have to buy a belt or some shorts that fit me this weekend, or "things" are going to get "embarrassing". :o

"Sorry" I couldn't resist the over-use of "" and :D

punkrocksong
05-31-2013, 11:08 PM
Count me in...I always feel little guilty about the decade threads...like I'm abandoning people or something.

I'm cool because I didn't start shouting all of the expletives I wanted to while talking to the very unhelpful student loan people today!

Oh...a belt would help me out a ton right now.

IanG
05-31-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm cool. It's nice to be able to hang out with the pretty girls from different decades/centuries to me!

My share is that I ran my furthest distance today. 2.5 miles. Ouch.

I also went clothes shopping and bought some "super slim fit" shirts. They work.

Vex
05-31-2013, 11:33 PM
Centuries?

the shiv
06-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Holy heck!! Beth, thanks for making this thread, great idea!!! :D

I'm cool too :D I don't know why that is today, it just is. I think I whooshed off 3lbs of water weight this morning by knocking off eating cr*p.

So cool, everyone awesome is here... Except Lunar & NorthernChick :( Lunar! NorthernChick! Get your a**es in here :D And does anyone know what happened to Bree? I miss her too, she was so kind and encouraging when I was just starting out in the two-teens.

And lovely to meet you all who I've not met or really talked to before :)

:grouphug:

fadedbluejeans
06-01-2013, 01:04 AM
I want to be cool! Mostly because its been 90+ here and its not even June. No really, I've lost 6 pounds since Tuesday - 4 were water picked up over travel weekend, but 2 were actual pounds!

lunarsongbird
06-01-2013, 02:11 AM
Hi Friends!! I'm on vacation in Seattle and didn't bring my laptop. Whoops. Elvis, I took a picture of how much slack I had with the seatbelt on the airplane. I'm flying back on Sunday. I hope you are all doing well!

There is no scale here and I've been indulging here and there, so I am anxious to become focused again. I'm even thinking of doing a quickie jump start when I get back. Gosh darnit... I want onederland this month!

the shiv
06-01-2013, 03:04 AM
Yay! The lesser spotted Lunarsongbird returns :) Have a wonderful trip! What a great NSV as well :) I hope the change of scenery and relaxation will catapult you towards, or into, onederland! We'll be here with the cool kids banner when you get back :) : hug:

Bluejaybythesea
06-01-2013, 04:08 AM
Oh, I wanna be "cool." My "share" of the "day" is that I just spent "100" dollars on "clothes" (as "previously" stated "here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner/273969-when-i-lose-weight-clothing.html)", clothes are my "#1 reason" to "lose" "weight") which fit "great." "Down" to a size "36/34" "in" "men's" from "42." Also, I have not been "counting" calories for almost a week now and seem to be doing very "well."

Ok now do "air quotes" every time you "see" quotations in this "thread post." It's "fun."

- http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd502/Jay_Potter/blujay_zps1c92e996.gif
(EDIT: Also I made myself a little blue-jay gif :D)

(Also bonus points for guessing the reference: My "people skills" are "rusty.")

IanG
06-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Centuries?

I am in the 2s, you're in the 1s!

bethFromDayton
06-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Hey Cool Kids!

My "share" of the day is that I'm back down to pre-wedding trip weight! My "travel scale" is 0.6 higher than my main scale, and it's a bit harder to use, but it'll be good for me to have it with me during all my travels this summer! (Thanks, Ian, for letting me know the thing even existed!)

elvis, you're going to get to the 180s way before me! I'm slightly jealous--but SO HAPPY for you!

IanG
06-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi Beth, have you tried standing on it sideways?

I used to weigh myself bare foot on it and turn it 90 degrees. Keep your feet close together. You won't be able to see the reading so count to 10 and jump off. This was the best way for me and gave me the most consistent readings.

zoesmom
06-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Ohhhhhh.....I so love this idea for a thread!

My share of the day: I woke up hungry as all get out, but managed to eat breakfast as usual without adding anything to it. A cup o' joe later and I am feeling great! Going to hit the pool soon, methinks....

elvislover324
06-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Oh, I wanna be "cool." My "share" of the "day" is that I just spent "100" dollars on "clothes" (as "previously" stated "here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner/273969-when-i-lose-weight-clothing.html)", clothes are my "#1 reason" to "lose" "weight") which fit "great." "Down" to a size "36/34" "in" "men's" from "42." Also, I have not been "counting" calories for almost a week now and seem to be doing very "well."

Ok now do "air quotes" every time you "see" quotations in this "thread post." It's "fun."

- http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd502/Jay_Potter/blujay_zps1c92e996.gif
(EDIT: Also I made myself a little blue-jay gif :D)

(Also bonus points for guessing the reference: My "people skills" are "rusty.")

:rofl: this post cracked me up. I'm the "queen" of quotation marks, I think I found the "king"! :rofl:

Hi Beth, have you tried standing on it sideways?

Keep your feet close together. You won't be able to see the reading so count to 10 and jump off.

First I thought you wanted Beth herself sideways. :lol:

Then picturing you standing on your scale counting to 10 and jumping off made me :lol::lol::lol: You must look like your 2 year olds when you do that! So funny!

elvislover324
06-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Hi Friends!! I'm on vacation in Seattle and didn't bring my laptop. Whoops. Elvis, I took a picture of how much slack I had with the seatbelt on the airplane. I'm flying back on Sunday. I hope you are all doing well!

There is no scale here and I've been indulging here and there, so I am anxious to become focused again. I'm even thinking of doing a quickie jump start when I get back. Gosh darnit... I want onederland this month!

Enjoy your vacation!!! We miss you here, I'm so glad you checked in!!!

And seatbelt slack?!?! OMG I have to see it!!! When I read this post on my phone this morning, I practically woke my husband up to tell him about your seatbelt slack LMAO!! So...I waited for him to open one eye and then I blurted it out that you were in Seattle and have a picture for me of your seatbelt. He just stared at me!!! It was so funny!

AnnMarie77
06-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Fun Thread! I never knew which decade thread to post to. I'm at 201, so I am so close to a new century I can taste it!

My share of the day is that I am a "slow loser" and I am cool with that. :smug:

the shiv
06-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Hi cool kids! I'm off to work :) Will try to have a relatively stress-free night and not eat stuff I don't want that makes me feel awful :D So tired today, couldn't sleep last night (this morning?) but still managed to shift another lb of that annoying water weight. 190 now! If I stay sensible I hope I can finally break 189 :D

Congrats Beth on getting back to where you were! Onwards and downwards :) :hug:

Have an awesome day everyone :)

Mozzy
06-01-2013, 03:09 PM

Glad you checked in, enjoy your vacation!!!

NorthernChick13
06-01-2013, 04:04 PM
So cool, everyone awesome is here... Except Lunar & NorthernChick :( Lunar! NorthernChick! Get your a**es in here ::

AHAHAHA I feel loved. Thanks, Shiv! I'm here! I absolutely love this thread!!!! Hmmm...share of the day....I was down yesterday from my stupid ankle, so I listened to my pump up jam like 8 times in a row this morning! I am the kind of person who cries during peanut butter commercials, and this song always makes me teary! I picture my biggest loser style reveal when it says "today's your day...I feel it...you've paved the way...believe it!"

haha then I dance in my kitchen. Give it a try! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRpeEdMmmQ0

But sh*t...lol it's confessions like that that keep me from being a cool kid!! :P

SuperHeroTeacher
06-01-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm a cool kid because, *drum roll please*, My share of the day:

6/1 MF weigh in: 227.7

weekly weight loss: 4.5 FREAKING POUNDS!!!
month of May cumulative weight loss: 16.4!
total cumulative weight loss: 33.3!!!!!!

elvislover324
06-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Superhero, you are MY superhero!! Well done!!

IanG
06-01-2013, 05:21 PM
I must admit that Superheroteacher does lose it a little quick. I'm always a lap behind her!

lunarsongbird
06-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Well, getting ready for a 5 hour long party for Andrew's Aunt. A retirement party open house. I wont know anyone ....could potentially be very long. VERY long. Bunches of food. This morning I spent time planing a relatively aggressive diet plan for the next 8 weeks.

SuperHeroTeacher
06-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Superhero, you are MY superhero!! Well done!!

I must admit that Superheroteacher does lose it a little quick. I'm always a lap behind her!

Ian and elvis - you're both MY HEROES!!! I feel like I'm chasing both of you and it keeps me super motivated. I don't know what I did to get two awesome people to follow in weight loss!

Lecomtes
06-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Holy glockenspiel Superhero teacher!!! That is EXCELLENT!

Bluejaybythesea- You win the ultimate championship of "excessive" use of quotations!!! Congratulations!

Me gusta la canción NorthernChick! Shakira is awesome.

189...here comes the shiv! :)

My share today...awesome day for a bike ride. 14 miles. AND found out my fiance is planning a special trip for us this summer sans toddlers. A 185 mile ride on the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes! Time to seriously ramp up my riding time in preparation.

SuperHeroTeacher
06-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Holy glockenspiel Superhero teacher!!! That is EXCELLENT!

My share today...awesome day for a bike ride. 14 miles. AND found out my fiance is planning a special trip for us this summer sans toddlers. A 185 mile ride on the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes! Time to seriously ramp up my riding time in preparation.

Thanks Lecomtes!

I grew up in the Coeur d'Alene area - your ride is going to be AMAZING!!! I. Thinking there will be some major hills, right?

I'm going to be vacationing a couple hours north of there on Lake Pend Oreille in July/August - getting so excited!

Underwater
06-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Today my share is that I am in the middle of a move and really really want to go off plan and go out to dinner tonight because everything is packed and I don't want to make another mess in the kitchen. But I won't.

But then I REALLY feel like I deserve a dinner out tomorrow when we finish the move...

bethFromDayton
06-01-2013, 06:56 PM
But sh*t...lol it's confessions like that that keep me from being a cool kid!! :P

It's behavior like this that makes you a cool kid!

Way to go, SuperHeroTeacher! I love hearing successes!

Hey, elvis--I woke DH up to tell him I reached ONEderland, but I don't think he'd have been amused if I woke him about seatbelt slack!

I had a "I have so much further to go" moment today. DD the younger's dad took a picture of DD and I at graduation this morning and he just emailed it to me. I still look SO big. I remind myself that at my height, 195 is big, even if 230 was bigger.

Lecomtes
06-01-2013, 10:18 PM
I fear there may be hills. :) I told my fiance he may return alone. lol. He assured me that most of the bike trail is part of the "rails to trails" program, and that trains hate steep hills as much as bicycles do. Lake Pend Oreille looks beautiful! I googled it, and it looks like it's surrounded by gorgeous mountains too. Are you going boating?

Underwater- Good for you on staying on plan tonight! A big move is soooooo exhausting! I would be inclined to want to keep the kitchen clean after that too. Enjoy your reward if you do decide to go out! :) Well earned I'm sure.

Bethfromdayton- You are doing so awesome, and you have such a positive attitude, you'll get there...I have "so far to go" moments sometimes myself. I'm trying to remind myself that "so far" isn't the same as "too far". :)

IanG
06-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Thanks Superheroteacher . I just can't catch ya in the 4th July challenge!

I remind myself that at my height, 195 is big, even if 230 was bigger.

Just a blip Beth. You look fantastic! I have a lot of sideways moments in the mirror when I think, "ouch". But the next day, I'm thinking hot, hot, hot again! And, besides, 195 for how long? You'd best get down from there before I arrive!

My share is that I am currently weighing (in the evening) the same as my morning weigh-in. This spells big loss for tomorrow.

I'm thinking 2-single digits people!

And then I will be staring ONE-derland in the eye. That won't be pretty.

There are some scores we have to settle.

Would anyone like me to kick ONE-derland's ar$e for them?

elvislover324
06-01-2013, 10:43 PM
And then I will be staring ONE-derland in the eye. That won't be pretty.

Be careful, Ian. ONE-derland has an evil eye and never blinked while I was fighting against it. I hope you being a man makes it an easier faceoff!

IanG
06-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Thanks Elvis. Would you like me to kick ONE-derland in the balls for you as I pass it?

I'll whisper in its ear, "And this is from Elvis, remember her?"

elvislover324
06-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Thanks Elvis. Would you like me to kick ONE-derland in the balls for you as I pass it?

:rofl:

SuperHeroTeacher
06-01-2013, 10:53 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shhhh....:sssh: Don't tell her I'm coming up behind you, I want to take her by surprise ;)

elvislover324
06-01-2013, 10:56 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shhhh....:sssh: Don't tell her I'm coming up behind you, I want to take her by surprise ;)

Just piggyback on the trip and run through the door while Ian is ball kicking!! :rofl:

SuperHeroTeacher
06-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Just piggyback on the trip and run through the door while Ian is ball kicking!! :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

IanG
06-01-2013, 11:00 PM
At the speed SuperHeroTeacher is losing, the door to ONE-derland does not stand a chance!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/51300/rampage-jackson-breaks-door-o.gif

elvislover324
06-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Ian. That's the best post I read here today!! Seriously. OMG. (Picturing SuperHero kicking the door in like that!!)

the shiv
06-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Oh, I have a score to settle with onederland... After coming down with the curse for 2 months...

I'll be up on the roof with a sniper!

Not that you'll need it, not after seeing that video!! :rofl:

Flying visit, trying to get to bed before 5am today ;) PS Lecomtes? "Holy glockenspiel" is the Best Thing Ever. THAT is going on a t-shirt.

Bluejaybythesea
06-02-2013, 01:29 AM
But then I REALLY feel like I deserve a dinner out tomorrow when we finish the move...

If you feel that you need it enjoy it, otherwise good job on staying on plan :).

Ian: You're doing great you've been losing so quickly you have really closed the gap between us (I have been noticing lol). I really hope you get into the single digits(?... I think that's what you can call the 20Xs...?).

Lets see my share today is...

I leveled my Pokémon past lv 40 :D,
Also I kicked the treadmill in the gut today. Still can't do the minuet mile but I am getting close (its a kind-of unwritten goal I have... revenge from High School when I could never do it.), I think I was about 30ish seconds off. I just need to be able to jump on and immediately hit 6mph and keep it up and I'll have it.

NorthernChick13
06-02-2013, 01:37 AM
ahahhaha love the gif, Ian!

The theme park just outside of Toronto is actually called Canada's Wonderland! ahahaah the rollercoasters are aptly named!!! The screams, the puking, the excitement....all a part of Onederland!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-02-2013, 03:19 AM
I can't see Ian's GIF!!! I just see a little blue box with a ?

I really, really want to see it! :cry:

elvislover324
06-02-2013, 07:29 AM
The screams, the puking, the excitement....all a part of Onederland!

:rofl: @ the puking!!!

And don't forget the excitement of being able to fit on the rides!! :carrot:

ainslie
06-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Ooh. Rides. I love rides. I don't go on them anymore cause I'm scared the safety bar won't close. Happened once b4 and was so embarrassing to have to get off. Also have a hammock and swing that have weight limits of 250. Would really like to be able to use them again.

fadedbluejeans
06-02-2013, 11:28 AM
I weigh every day and usually it is up and down with a downward trend. Everyday since Tuesday has been down so I thought for sure today would be up, but nope! 230s you are in my sights!

elvislover324
06-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Beth, OMG, thank you for suggesting a split-slip!!!! I (and my thighs!) can't thank you enough!!! I bought it yesterday but didn't try it till today. OMG, awesome!! The shortest I could find was 20 inches so I kinda had to Urkel them up a little but it's like wearing a little piece of heaven. Thank you, thank you!! Never even knew something like this existed!!!

NorthernChick13
06-02-2013, 04:24 PM
UGH I have so much to do in the next 4 weeks that I have decided to do nothing! lol i have turned off! I am sitting on my couch, wearing a BLANKET because I can't even muster the energy to get dressed! not gonna lie, I'm doing this blanket a favour by makin' it look so good but I am so damn LAZY this time of year!! 4 weeks till vacation...KEEP ME GOIN, COOL KIDS!!!

PS Can we reappropriate all New Kids songs to become Cool Kids songs? Like "Listen up everybody if you wanna take a chance,,,,just get on the floor and do the COOL KIDS dance!"

bethFromDayton
06-02-2013, 04:50 PM
I understand what you mean, NorthernChick--I have tons of stuff to do and this is my only weekend fully at home this month--but I've been lounging around and reading and web surfing.

Cool kids share of the day: I'm enjoying [i]The Intellectual Devotional[/b] book I picked up a few days ago. It's a daily scientific/philosophical/historical/etc reading for every day for a year. I'm finding it really interesting, even if I'm just a few days into it.

zoesmom
06-02-2013, 05:01 PM
I love reading this thread :)

Cool kids share of the day: I turned down drunken Rock Band last night despite the fact my entire house was a rocking jam fest. And I was able to enjoy myself regardless. HAHA!

thnknthin1
06-02-2013, 05:23 PM
We did our 7 mile walk/jog on the trail this morning....after last night's expenditure of excess calories that I had just laying around :)

Share of the day: It was nice and cool out this morning, the trail is covered in honeysuckle on both sides and smelled wonderful. Lots of wildlife on the trail and it was nice just soaking up the sights and sounds and smells.

There were also LOTS of branches and leaves everywhere from the storms we've had the last few nights.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b572/thnkthin/trail1_zpse09efb25.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b572/thnkthin/b0716160-fc1a-4513-b60b-03d38fa67803_zpsc7896fee.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b572/thnkthin/trail2_zpsc6421cfb.jpg

IanG
06-02-2013, 09:13 PM
We're not just cool kids, we are rock stars!

My share of the day is I helped to fit a friend's flat screen TV to the wall today. It was more of a workout than I thought. And I will be wearing a modern fit (tight) suit tomorrow with a patterned pink shirt and plain black tie to work. It's gonna be big!

elvislover324
06-02-2013, 09:20 PM
And I will be wearing a modern fit (tight) suit tomorrow with a patterned pink shirt and plain black tie to work. It's gonna be big!

Showing off the 2-OHs in another snazzy outfit, you are going to look awesome!

IanG
06-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Thanks Elvis. This one is going to take some guts as well!

elvislover324
06-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks Elvis. This one is going to take some guts as well!

Who needs guts when you have 3FC with your back? Rock it like you own it, Ian! You inspire me. :)

IanG
06-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks Elvis and I am honored.

It's serious bad a$$ though! Pic?

elvislover324
06-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Thanks Elvis and I am honored.

It's serious bad a$$ though! Pic?

:)

I assumed you were going to show us once you got to your work bathroom (LOL)!! You are good like that!!! :D

Teresa66
06-02-2013, 09:53 PM
My share of the day is that I was "forced" to share a piece of cake with a co-worker. She bought the cake just for us and I "really" had no choice!

HOWEVER!! I did come home and eat a veggie omelet and left part of it on the plate when I was full. :)

IanG
06-02-2013, 10:10 PM
I assumed you were going to show us once you got to your work bathroom (LOL)!! You are good like that!!!

No, shoes are home today!

elvislover324
06-02-2013, 10:13 PM
No, shoes are home today!

Then what are you waiting for!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

SuperHeroTeacher
06-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Then what are you waiting for!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Ditto ^^^. Where's our hottie Ian pic??? ;)

Underwater
06-03-2013, 03:50 AM
Well guys, I moved today. And then I had dinner off plan. But I kept myself to only eating half and have come back here to repent ;)

It was a really rough day with lots of carrying things and stairs. So hopefully I burned most of those calories off and will lose any sodium weight gained in the next few days.

So happy to be in out new place. I'm hoping to get the rest of this unpacking done by the end of the week!

Wannabehealthy
06-03-2013, 10:47 AM
At the speed SuperHeroTeacher is losing, the door to ONE-derland does not stand a chance!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/51300/rampage-jackson-breaks-door-o.gif

I love this video! LOL I am too old to be a "cool kid", but I can be a "cool gramma!"

bethFromDayton
06-03-2013, 12:35 PM
I am too old to be a "cool kid", but I can be a "cool gramma!"

Nope--even grandparents (or great grandparents, for that matter) can sit at the "cool kids" table.

"Cool kid" "share of the day": I walked a building lap today! It was a very slow lap, but it was a lap. I don't know how long it'll take me to work back up to the 5 (extended and faster) laps I was doing before my toe surgery, but I'll just accept that I need to start slowly.

Random observation: the liklihood of a sunny day directly correlates to whether I've had my eyes dilated that morning.

Hope this is the start of a great week for everyone!

PreciousMissy
06-03-2013, 12:42 PM
But I kept myself to only eating half and have come back here to repent ;)

I don't think a better word could have been used. I feel like I'm going to confession when I log on here ;).

Morning all! This thread has just taken off like wildfire over the weekend!

My "share" for today is that last night I was craving greasy food that is ordered through a clown's mouth while sitting in your car, and by George, I was going to have it today. This morning I woke up and decided to just pack my lunch and keep on keepin' on.

IanG
06-03-2013, 01:06 PM
My share is that today I will be playing mixed doubles tennis again if the rain holds off and I am dead excited about that. I did really bad last time as I just could not serve. But I have been practising alone the past few days and may have it cracked now. A lot of bragging rights are resting on this match.

As for the new outfit, I could not wear it today because it was raining and I walk to work. So I wore something I could wear with a mac instead. But I will give it a go later in the week.

Here it is. It's not the same pink shirt as before but a patterned one that I will wear with the jacket to tone it down. Apologies for the bad pic.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachments/100-lb-club/44705d1370275603-cool-kids-getting-next-decade-img099.jpg

SuperHeroTeacher
06-03-2013, 02:17 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachments/100-lb-club/44705d1370275603-cool-kids-getting-next-decade-img099.jpg

I have 2 cool kids shares for today:

1. Ian rocks a suit and pink shirt like no other 3FCer can!
2. My love affair with my scale ended this morning when it claimed I gained 2.4 pounds overnight.

Lecomtes
06-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Good luck with your unpacking underwater!

Great suit Ian! You owned it! Please teach my fiance your ways, I never see him in anything but carhartt pants and work boots. :)

"My "share" for today is that last night I was craving greasy food that is ordered through a clown's mouth while sitting in your car, and by George, I was going to have it today. This morning I woke up and decided to just pack my lunch and keep on keepin' on."
^Well played precious, well played. ;)

My share is that I am sick, my kids are sick, and I am making myself ride my bike to school anyway. I shall conquer this illness.

elvislover324
06-03-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm always looking to get to the next decade instead of the one I'm in so could someone please show me how to get to the 170s??

The 180s are no fun now that I finally got to join them, hello 189.0!! It feels so naughty when I'm in a thread where I don't belong!

I haven't weighed in the 180s in at least 10 years. I can't even believe it.

I told someone today I just want to lose about 40 more pounds and she looked me up and down and said I didn't have that much to lose. *insert happy dance* (but really, I do have 40 to lose easily...)

NorthernChick13
06-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Congratulations, Elvislover! That's Amazing! I kept refreshing all morning!!! and OMG Ian, you look FANTASTIC!!!! Damn....we truly are cool kids!!!

PreciousMissy
06-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks Lecomtes! I'm impressed that you found the strength to ride your bike today! You're a rock star!!!

Elvis whoo-freaking-hoo for the 180's!!! Does that mean you're going to stalk the 170's thread now?

elvislover324
06-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Thanks Northernchick!!

But of course, Missy!!! I never stay where I'm supposed to, I like to stalk the new places!!!

Lecomtes
06-03-2013, 06:39 PM
The bike ride was awesome, thanks!

Congrats Elvis, that is so wonderful! I'm sure those last four decades will fly by! ;)

elvislover324
06-03-2013, 06:50 PM
The bike ride was awesome, thanks!

Congrats Elvis, that is so wonderful! I'm sure those last four decades will fly by! ;)

Thanks Lecomtes!! LOL @ last 4 decades flying by! As long as they are as fast as the 90s. I was there less than a month!

Congrats on not getting food from the clown's mouth, that cracked me up. Whatever restaurant it is, we don't have here. I've only seen them on tv. :lol: Hope you and your kids are feeling better soon.

punkrocksong
06-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Congrats to everyone!!! This is a great thread!

IanG - very sharp...you need to take my husband clothes shopping - his idea of a nice outfit is the Cubs T-shirt without any holes in it and the at least two sizes too big jeans without grease stains on them. *sigh*

Elvis - You're just amazing and I'm so happy for your progress!

Superheroteacher - really is a super hero! Great job on being down over 33 lbs!

Lecomtes - way to go on the bike ride...when I'm sick I have my husband move everything as close to the couch as he can so I don't have to get up.

Aside from no longer being morbidly obese I'm cool because I've finally starting packing away my "fat" clothes to take to a consignment shop this weekend. Some of them still have the tags on them. I thought maybe the first twenty pounds were a fluke and I would get bored with this. But after being down 40 it's only motivated me to lose more. Hoping to join all of the awesome peeps in the 250's/260's next week!

bethFromDayton
06-03-2013, 11:08 PM
his idea of a nice outfit is the Cubs T-shirt without any holes in it

DD the younger still wears my Cubs shirt with holes in it--it's older than she is. (And she just graduated from high school)

The only reason Ian doesn't have to take my DH shopping is that he doesn't shop. He wears whatever DD the younger and I buy and hang up in his closet!

Just rambling....

Lecomtes
06-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Way to go Punkrocksong! "I thought maybe the first twenty pounds were a fluke and I would get bored with this. But after being down 40 it's only motivated me to lose more."...I can relate to that! :)

"He wears whatever DD the younger and I buy and hang up in his closet!"....Hmmm, I wonder if this would work with my fiance.

Wannabehealthy
06-04-2013, 11:51 AM
My "cool kid" share of the day: I have stayed on program for 2 days straight and my glucose has come down a bit. I will not get on the scale until I "feel" as though I've lost weight!

Ian - this grandma thinks you look absolutely scrumptious in your new suit! You don't see many men wearing suits these days, except for attorneys.

Lecomtes - I have never heard the term "ordering through a clown's mouth." LOL This is why it's so much fun hanging with the "youngsters." Just when you think you know everything...........

IanG
06-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Thanks everyone on the suit comments. I always get such a confidence boost coming here.

I have three shares today.

My big one is I just ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill in 35 minutes. I don't know how it happened but when I got passed my previous record (2.7 miles) I just felt like I could keep going, like Forrest Gump! At 3.1 miles I was looking around and smiling at people. At 3.5 miles I decided to stop as I was just too freaked out...and a little hot!

My second share is I played doubles tennis last night and lost bad. But the great thing about losing a game when you are trying to lose weight is that losing makes you lose. So down 0.4lbs today.

My third is that I am going bowling tonight with colleagues. I will be dressing "cowboy". 34 inch waist Levi's (a first for me since I was 17 years old) and a white cotton Levi's shirt. I am going to look like a country singer. Which is OK because I like country. My colleagues probably don't though. But I'll take any digs.

SuperHeroTeacher
06-04-2013, 07:51 PM
All I can think is, "Run Ian, Run!" Well done!!!

My share of the day:
Today is the first day of my summer break and guess what I did as soon as I woke up? That's right, I WORKED OUT! Then after I had lunch out with a friend (on plan), and some pampering in the form of a pedicure. Great way to start the break!

elvislover324
06-04-2013, 08:44 PM
I can't imagine Ian going from his handsome suit to a country singer get-up. Are we allowed to make requests for you to dress in costumes for us? JK :lol:

Awesome, Superhero!! Now that you started summer vacation perfectly, it hopefully will be easy to keep it a habit! Plus you can report here to us every day. No pressure though. :)

charliee
06-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Great work Ian! 3.5 miles is no small feat. I'm still struggling with 1.5 lol.

Congrats Lecomtes on your 54 pounds!!

SuperheroTeacher Lunch with a friend and a pedicure sound like heaven to me.

elvislover324
06-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi Charliee!! Long time no see it seems!! Where have ya been hiding??

charliee
06-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Lol, Elvis, I've been lurking. I've been so miserable for the last few weeks, I haven't been posting as much. But I am reading and quietly cheering everybody on, I've decided to try and end the pity party and get back into it though, I wanna get to onederland so bad, and Ian is just speed demoning to 199, and I need to catch up. :)

Congrats on hitting the 180's BTW. You truly are an inspiration!! :hug:

elvislover324
06-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Lol, Elvis, I've been lurking. I've been so miserable for the last few weeks, I haven't been posting as much. But I am reading and quietly cheering everybody on, I've decided to try and end the pity party and get back into it though, I wanna get to onederland so bad, and Ian is just speed demoning to 199, and I need to catch up. :)

Congrats on hitting the 180's BTW. You truly are an inspiration!! :hug:

Awwww, sorry about your pity party. :( I've been there and done that, so I get it. I'm happy you are back though. :)

I'm sending the woosh fairy your way, telling her to skip Ian's house and give you a double dose (sorry Ian!!!).

It's a miracle that I'm in the 180s now, getting to onederland was a battle that tried to break me but it didn't. And you will get there soon too, you are doing awesome!!! :hug:

bethFromDayton
06-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Crazy day for me, today, and I don't even have a "cool kids" "share"--but I posted!

IanG
06-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Are we allowed to make requests for you to dress in costumes for us?

Yes!

I wanna get to onederland so bad, and Ian is just speed demoning to 199, and I need to catch up.

Yes, you do charliee! Room in ONE-derland is strictly limited.

I'm sending the woosh fairy your way, telling her to skip Ian's house and give you a double dose (sorry Ian!!!).

Now, that is not fair! Anyway, there is actually a male woosh fairy for the guys. His name is Frank and because there are less of us guys he gets to visit more often. Frank likes beer and poker if you want him to stick around. And cigars.

SuperHeroTeacher
06-05-2013, 01:03 AM
I can't imagine Ian going from his handsome suit to a country singer get-up. Are we allowed to make requests for you to dress in costumes for us? JK :lol:

I request a super hero costume! Preferably superman!

Awesome, Superhero!! Now that you started summer vacation perfectly, it hopefully will be easy to keep it a habit! Plus you can report here to us every day. No pressure though. :)

Hahaha! I'm sure I will be around MUCH more often :hug:

SuperheroTeacher Lunch with a friend and a pedicure sound like heaven to me.

It was heaven! I can't remember the last time I had a day doing exactly what I wanted all day long!

Anyway, there is actually a male woosh fairy for the guys. His name is Frank and because there are less of us guys he gets to visit more often. Frank likes beer and poker if you want him to stick around. And cigars.

Now I want to see you dressed as Frank! I've come to think of Ian as 3FC's very own virtual paper doll :D

NorthernChick13
06-05-2013, 01:25 AM
All this talk of costumes! We're going to have to have an amazing Halloween photo album! I only joined 3FC in January so I have no idea what Halloween is like on here...but I detecting some sexy costumes are in our futures! ahahaa

the shiv
06-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Hi, I'm new here :) *waves*

(Play along, guys... I'm doing Jedi mind tricks on myself ;) )

Starting at 190 and I only want to lose 20. Just as well, as that seems to be all I can handle mentally.

You all seem like a groovy bunch of people! :grouphug:

NorthernChick13
06-05-2013, 12:28 PM
OOOOH, I like it ;) "Welcome", Shiv! ahaha i feel like i know you already!

Great to see your rejuvination!!!!! Good luck on your journey!!!!

the shiv
06-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Thanks Northern! You remind me of someone I know :D

Feels weird to be starting out again after so long sitting at the same weight... Went out for a long walk in the warm weather today to get things started, now cooking lamb chops & veggies :)

Happy Wednesday y'all! ;)

elvislover324
06-05-2013, 03:53 PM

Starting at 190 and I only want to lose 20. Just as well, as that seems to be all I can handle mentally.

You are so cute. Welcome to the group, you are going to love it here. We used to know another Shiv here, she was the ballz!!! I'm at 189 so we can take off this 20lbs together. :hug:

(p.s. Just playing along. I know it's the real Shiv that we all know and love!!! :love: )

PreciousMissy
06-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Afternoon all! I see you all have been chatting it up and playing nice while I was gone :lol:.

My share for the day is I managed to get my tukus out of bed this morning. Aside from that, my day has been relatively uneventful. I like the nice dull life I lead, haha!

the shiv
06-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Hey Elvis! I've seen you around here a lot :) I'm happy to join you on shifting 20lbs! My lamb was lovely, my walk was relaxing, so I'm off to a good start! Hope you're also having a good day :hug: :)

Lecomtes
06-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Awesome Superteach! Haha, I hope you ladies and gents don't mind my custom alterations of your screen name's. ;) I will admit that you will probably not find me exercising the first day of Summer break! I admire your tenacity!

- Congrats on managing to get your tukus out of bed. ;) Sometimes that's an achievement in and of itself. I hardly convinced myself this morning after 3 days of illness!

Hola Shiv 2.0! ;) 20 lbs sounds like a great goal. Please lend me your jedi skillz...I've been sitting at the same weight for a few weeks I need a fresh start too.

Wow Ian, great run! Might you be participating in a 5K soon? I'm slowly building up to running 1 mile without pause, so more than 3 sounds is quite remarkable to me. Good work!

My cool kid share...So, I didn't do a long bike ride today because I'm still fighting back a fever. I did force myself to go to class. I am always embarrassed to go to class sick, but it really feels like there is no other option sometimes. Getting sick during finals is...inconvenient, but worse things could happen! :) Eating well, and hoping to get back on the bike tomorrow.

elvislover324
06-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Awesome Superteach! Haha, I hope you ladies and gents don't mind my custom alterations of your screen name's. ;)

Hola Shiv 2.0! ;)

Superteach and Shiv 2.0, LOVE those names!!! Good call, Lecomtes! Hope you (and the kiddos) are feeling better soon.

the shiv
06-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Lecomtes!! Get well soon :hug: I hope your exams are going well, what an annoying time to get sick! I'm sending Jedi vibes your way :) :hug:

Oh and Shiv 2.0 is cool with me! I sound like a piece of software :)

IanG
06-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Wow Ian, great run! Might you be participating in a 5K soon? I'm slowly building up to running 1 mile without pause, so more than 3 sounds is quite remarkable to me. Good work!

Thanks Lecomtes. I would really like to do a 5k in the Fall. Washington DC has a color run where you wear white and people throw paint at you. Sounds like fun.

I also have a CRAZY goal of running with someone at work. He runs 8 miles to work every day and we have agreed that I will aim to run to his house (10 miles) and then we will run to work together (another 8 miles). I am not sure it will ever happen, but I like setting myself far out there challenges just to keep me motivated.

Your running sounds like it is coming along well. It's all about working those distances up slowly and, as I have just found out, very occassionally a lot.

SarahFairhope
06-06-2013, 08:09 AM
I miss you COOL KIDS!!

BIG BIG BIG news: The hubs landed the B-I-G job with a certain humungo Seattle-y based software joint. :D :D :D :D

We're moving 3,100 miles to the west-side in two week. :eek:

My weight, well, its a holdin steady. TRYING to stay focused on it, but its really, really, really hard. :( Im getting worried I wont hit my birthday goal. :sorry:

SarahFairhope
06-06-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm at 189

:spin:

IanG
06-06-2013, 11:26 AM
I have three shares today.

First, I just ran 3.1 miles on the treadmill in 30 minutes. Couldn't do the 3.5 miles, but I still got it in me.

Secondly, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. That will be fun!

Thirdly, I will be going to the gym twice today. Yikes. The first was to run (done), the second is with a friend to do weight training. I hope I will be OK. It seems a bit much but I like hanging out with people and exercising.

PreciousMissy
06-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Lecomtes, I'll be sending good juju your way for finals! :dance: <-- juju dance

Ian, 18 miles is an impressive goal to set. Even though you say it's crazy, I think it's great because it pushes you to try harder.

Sarah, that is awesome news about your hubby's job! Hopefully you'll have a smooth move.

My share for today is that I ate out twice yesterday, which I had no intention of doing. I was going to bring leftovers from dinner for lunch but decided since I didn't make healthy choices yesterday I wasn't going to continue the pattern today. Today is a new day, new choices.

NorthernChick13
06-06-2013, 01:32 PM
ahaahah my share today is that I had to do a fasting bloodwork sample this morning. I was STARVING and they took 4 vials of blood. I walked home after, stripped and weighed myself before eating or drinking anything.... still 169.2. I am DYING for anything below 168.9. lol oh the things we do for weight loss ^_^

elvislover324
06-06-2013, 02:31 PM
I miss you COOL KIDS!!

BIG BIG BIG news: The hubs landed the B-I-G job with a certain humungo Seattle-y based software joint. :D :D :D :D

My weight, well, its a holdin steady. TRYING to stay focused on it, but its really, really, really hard. :( Im getting worried I wont hit my birthday goal. :sorry:

Where the heck have you been Sarah!? I can see you must be very busy with your big move but just had to ask, I missed you!!! :hug:

And yep, 189! Miracles happening in my life every day, I'm so very blessed. :)

Good luck with everything you have going on, will be thinking of you. Post when you can/get settled in, etc.

elvislover324
06-06-2013, 02:33 PM
ahaahah my share today is that I had to do a fasting bloodwork sample this morning. I was STARVING and they took 4 vials of blood. I walked home after, stripped and weighed myself before eating or drinking anything.... still 169.2. I am DYING for anything below 168.9. lol oh the things we do for weight loss ^_^

You always make me smile or laugh or both with every post. I was hoping your blood weighed .3 or more lmao!

My husband just shakes his head when I do silly things for the scale. If my appointment isn't til the afternoon, I eat and drink nothing beforehand. I don't care, I'm not carrying an extra ounce to my appointments! :D

Underwater
06-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Oh **** guys!!! I'm almost in the next decade! 160.8 today!!! This could be my last decade move. I would love to maintain at 145-155, but if it's 150-160, I'm okay with that!

My share of the day is the Munchery (gourmet food delivery) has 2 AMAZING entree offers for tonight. But I'm not ordering them!!! They'll be back sometime when I'm maintaining (hopefully...)

In my past life, I might have ordered both!

Lecomtes
06-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Thanks elvis & shiv...on the bright side, it's almost Summer break and I'll be taking my first Summer off in three years!!! I seriously don't know WHAT I will do with myself, haha! The plan is to focus on health though. :)

Ian, The color run sounds like so much fun! 8 miles to work every day! That is amazing. I think your goal is ambitious but totally attainable...you're getting closer each day! There is something special about running...it's freeing in a way.

Thanks for the JuJu precious! :) I have trouble with eating out too frequently as times too, especially of those busy days where meal planning seems to take a back seat. New day, fresh start...stay strong. :)

Haha, northernchick! My future MIL told me the other day before weigh in that when her dad was a wrestler they used to spit a bunch before weighing in. Gross, but hey, every ounce counts! LOL. 4 vials is a lot!

Congratulations underwater! Almost to maintaining, that is so wonderful! Kudos to resisting the gourmet delivery...I didn't even know such a thing existed! I'm glad they don't have that where I live or I'd really be in trouble! ;)

elvislover324
06-06-2013, 04:47 PM
My future MIL told me the other day before weigh in that when her dad was a wrestler they used to spit a bunch before weighing in. Gross, but hey, every ounce counts! LOL.

OMG, I'll have to tell my doctor's office I'm outside waiting for the nurse? Why? Because I'm spitting on the sidewalk, of course! GROSS!!! :rofl: I really would never spit (on a sidewalk or otherwise!)!! :rofl:

PreciousMissy
06-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Kudos to resisting the gourmet delivery...I didn't even know such a thing existed! I'm glad they don't have that where I live or I'd really be in trouble! ;)

*sticks fingers in ears* la-la-la-la

I didn't hear anything about gourmet delivery...

la-la-la-la

NorthernChick13
06-06-2013, 07:27 PM
You always make me smile or laugh or both with every post. I was hoping your blood weighed .3 or more lmao!

ahaha thanks, elvislover!! Glad to bring the laughts to 3FC!

I just came back from a community bbq. In 1995, a forrest fire was like...INCES from destroying town and then the wind shifted and it went away. June 6 is a stat holiday in our 500 person town and it's called "Fire Day". I hereby rename it "Cupcake/Steak/Caesar Salad Binge Day!" MMMMMmmm it was delish to let go! I stayed withiin calories but all calories today are junk. But hey, it's summer and I am glad I am not so nervous about weight loss that I can't enjoy a good old stat holiday cookout :)

AAAAaaaaand now it's time for Jillian :drill:

NorthernChick13
06-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Ahhh Just Got New Jeans Someone Was Selling In Town! One Is Size 29 And The Other Is A 9/10 Split! Both Zip Up Baby! Holaaaaaaaa!!!!!

purplekitten7
06-07-2013, 05:37 AM
I'm obviously not a "cool kid" since I ONLY just noticed this thread - how dumb am I?

But can I join pretty please? I can be cool! Honest!

My share for today is that I had Fish and Chips last night (not so good)...but I didn't finish the whole portion like I would have done in the past because I had enough and then threw the rest away (much better)! It was my naughty night :)

I'm just sneaking on 3FC while at work at the moment but will read through and catch up properly tonight! I just wanted to be part of the gang ;)

SarahFairhope
06-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Oh **** guys!!! I'm almost in the next decade! 160.8 today!!! This could be my last decade move. I would love to maintain at 145-155, but if it's 150-160, I'm okay with that!

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

bethFromDayton
06-07-2013, 02:34 PM
purplekitten, obviously you are a cool kid, or you wouldn't have been able to post. Welcome to our thread!

underwater, I am just so totally excited for you! I keep waiting for you to change your avatar picture!

northernchick let's hear it for smaller jeans! The ones I'm wearing today are a bit too big--and I just bought them in April. I'm going to take tucks at the waist for the time being.

Sometimes, missy fingers in the ears are all we can do!

My share of the day: I moved to a new mini-goal--I'm on mini-goal #7 now. They're pretty mini--but I'm moving through them. In 3.6 more pounds, I will no longer be eligible for weight loss surgery even with my diabetes and cholesterol issues--that's pretty major and I'm excited that I've moved from considering it to not being eligible for it in just 5 months.

TGIF, everyone!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-07-2013, 06:12 PM
It's summer break cool kids - you know what that means... That's right, SuperTeach has time for personals!!!

Nice to "meet" you shiv ;) - you seem like a pretty cool kids I knew once on these boards, I'm sure you'll fit in :D

Awesome Superteach! Haha, I hope you ladies and gents don't mind my custom alterations of your screen name's. ;) I will admit that you will probably not find me exercising the first day of Summer break! I admire your tenacity! .

I love your custom alterations! As you can see above, I've already adopted my cool kid Lecomtes name, and shiv 2.0 is just awesome!

Congrats to your hubs on the job! Be kind to yourself - moving is STRESSFUL! I can't even imagine moving across the country.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.
I seriously can't wait to hear about your doctor's reaction today! I have an appointment in a couple weeks and I keep envisioning my doctor not noticing (or at least not commenting) on my loss. You have my permission to jab the doc in the eyeballs (three stooges style) if that happens to you :D

I have to do a fasting blood draw next Friday and I am *SO* doing this! Thanks for setting the precedent so I don't feel crazy :cool:

Oh **** guys!!! I'm almost in the next decade! 160.8 today!!! This could be my last decade move. I would love to maintain at 145-155, but if it's 150-160, I'm okay with that!!
Wow! Your last decade move? You must be so excited and PROUD of all you've accomplished!

Thanks elvis & shiv...on the bright side, it's almost Summer break and I'll be taking my first Summer off in three years!!! I seriously don't know WHAT I will do with myself, haha! The plan is to focus on health though. :)
I remember my very first summer with no classes and no work -I read 42 books that summer!:book2: I LOVE reading and had zero time for reading for enjoyment when in school. Do what you love and spend time taking care of you!

My share of the day: I moved to a new mini-goal--I'm on mini-goal #7 now. They're pretty mini--but I'm moving through them. In 3.6 more pounds, I will no longer be eligible for weight loss surgery even with my diabetes and cholesterol issues--that's pretty major and I'm excited that I've moved from considering it to not being eligible for it in just 5 months.
Congrats beth!

My cool kid share of the day:
At my official Medifast weigh in today I'm only down 0.2 pounds this week (33.5 pounds in 10 weeks), but I had measurements today an I've lost a total of 17.8 inches!!!

Lecomtes
06-08-2013, 01:23 AM
"It's summer break cool kids - you know what that means... That's right, SuperTeach has time for personals!!!"
Haha! Sweet freedom... :) How many books will you be reading this Summer? Holy hackmatacks that might be more non-textbooks than I've read in the last four years...cool. :) Recreational reading es mucho mejor que required reading...I'm looking forward to doing some of that!
17.8 inches is amazing! Major congratulations!

Ooh, Beth...that is quite an accomplishment!...You ladies always give me the best ideas for non-number goals. :)

HI purplekitten! :D You seem like a cool cat to me. ;) Good job on quitting a plate of fish and chips halfway...you are a strong cat too!

purplekitten7
06-08-2013, 05:30 AM
Thanks bethFromDayton and Lecomtes! Yay I'm a cool cat!

SuperHeroTeacher - hope you're enjoying having some time to yourself!

SarahFairhope - Good luck with the move and everything!

Everyone I've missed, sorry! Hope you're all having a good weekend!

I'm off to the park today with my nephew to help teach him to ride his bike...I see lots of running around after him in my future! I have also packed up a nice picnic with plenty of fruit and veggies so I should be all set!

My cool cat share of the day is that I have agreed to my friend coming to the gym with me tomorrow and I'm a little bit freaked out by it! We've known each other for 4 years and dated a little initially and then both ended up with other people, we stayed friends but never really saw each other just talked online - now we're both single and started to get to know each other again in person, spending lots of time together and "dating" I guess, I have pre-warned him that I do not look attractive at the gym, I go bright red and sweaty etc but he's still keen on coming so I'm gonna try and channel my good vibes and go with it! Wish me luck!

IanG
06-08-2013, 07:38 AM
I seriously can't wait to hear about your doctor's reaction today! I have an appointment in a couple weeks and I keep envisioning my doctor not noticing (or at least not commenting) on my loss. You have my permission to jab the doc in the eyeballs (three stooges style) if that happens to you

Thanks SuperHeroTeacher. Call me round if you don't get a reaction and we'll go tag team on him/her. Hope you are enjoing the summer break. I am sure enjoying your personals.

And well done on your loss/inches. I love trying to catch you in the 4th July challenge!

the shiv
06-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Well, you're all doing awesomely well! :) I want to reply to you all individually as I've been MIA for a few days, but it's a pain in the a** to do on my phone and I have a 4 mile walk to work that I need to get on and do!

I've been away enjoying SUNSHINE (In Glasgow! I think it was on the news...)

I haven't weighed myself in... several days? I can't remember, maybe a week? Feeling better already. I was becoming so beholden to the damn scale. Focussing on getting out walking, chilling out, and eating stuff that makes me feel good. I had better not regret this! ;)

Have an awesome weekend everyone :D

IanG
06-08-2013, 10:15 AM
My share is I just completed my first 5k run outside.

Next, I am off swimming with the kids.

I'd best lose tomorrow. ONE-derland is not going to know what hit it.

ubergirl
06-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Hey Everybody I hope I can be a cool kid too! I think it shows a little bit of my "leftover from junior high school" mindset that I was actually a little bit worried I wouldn't fit in!!!

BethfromDayton, I just wanted to say that I really relate to that goal! Back in 2009 when I first started losing weight, it was only after a flirtation with WLS that lasted over a year. I know that everyone is different, but I have forever been thankful that my insurance company turned me down on the VERY LAST DAY, when I had already started the pre-hospital fast etc. During the lead-up to WLS, when you are supposed to be losing weight, I actually put on 10 lbs. I went through the whole process-- the nutritional advice, the counseling, and none of them tried to stop me, but boy was my head NOT in the game. I'm sure I would have been one of those people who started trying to eat around the WLS. My problem was in my mind, not my stomach!!! In any case, even though I'm trying to beat back a regain right now, I can say that since 2009, I've spent a lot more time below the WLS cutoff than above it, and that is one of my greatest sources of pride.

My share for the day: happily weighed in at my pre-European eat fest weight this morning. Managed to eat untold restaurant meals including things like rolls and butter, sausages, gravy, melted butter, etc. and still manage to be at my ticker weight within three days of returning home. Now, to blast through these 250s!

thnknthin1
06-08-2013, 11:18 AM
My share: Went on a nice bike ride yesterday evening. It's always nice finding another form of exercise that I enjoy.

We are going to a little festival here in town today and I need the willpower to avoid the fatty fair food (i.e. funnel cakes and corn dogs, my fave). Supposed to be an A+ day here weather-wise, tomorrow will be stormy and of course we had plans to take the camper out.

P.S. I miss Elvis :(

HelloNurse
06-08-2013, 11:44 AM
230.4 today...by the end of the week I'll be in the 220s. :D It's been a while since I've been there. Last time I weighed 220-something, I was mad because it was the fattest I had ever been. Now I'll be happy to get there because I've been fatter.:shrug:

What happened to Elvis?

charliee
06-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Last time I weighed 220-something, I was mad because it was the fattest I had ever been. Now I'll be happy to get there because I've been fatter.:shrug:]

I know exactly what you mean. I'm 2 pounds from weighing what I weighed 6 years ago. I won't actually feel like I'm making progress till I get there.

I just read about Elvis in the 180's thread. :( Not cool. She's like the heart of this sub forum. I hope she changes her mind.

HelloNurse
06-08-2013, 11:48 AM

That is the most exciting thing ever! I hope you're already enjoying your new, slimmer life. I hope you're proud of this forever.

thnknthin1
06-08-2013, 11:54 AM
She made a final post yesterday morning stating she was leaving 3FC because of complaints received against her. I have no idea who would say anything, I always considered her one of the sweetest people on here. She will definitely be missed.

wannaskipandlaugh
06-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Elvis??? Someone posting against her? REALLY? OMG That just can't happen... I need her. I enjoy her words and feelings and gosh we all don't agree with each other all the time thats what makes us all different... Please tell me that this really is just a story.. pleaseeee

charliee
06-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I have noticed, that there are some people in some of the other sub forums who seem a little quick to attack. That's why 100lb club will always be my home. We know how to discuss with out insult. :)

I hope she comes back. Without her and Lunar being to busy to post, it's just not going to be the same.

HelloNurse
06-08-2013, 12:12 PM
This news makes me very sad indeed. I never read a post of Elvis's that I thought was anything but kind and supportive and oftentimes funny.

Charliee, have you ever tried to lose weight with a group of people IRL? If you don't have the right group, cattiness and jealousy abound.

thnknthin1
06-08-2013, 12:23 PM
I was just as shocked and saddened as you all are when I read her final post yesterday saying goodbye. Unfortunately it was deleted. She always stated how awesome the support was here that she received. I hate to see a few sour apples run her off like this. I can honestly say we all grew to love her here like a sister.

Elvis, if you're reading this incognito please realize how badly you are missed and how much we wish you would rethink your decision and come back. We all need you here!! :hug:

charliee
06-08-2013, 12:32 PM
HelloNurse, no I haven't, but I can imagine. I think a lot of people who are overweight are dealing with a lot of emotional issues and sometimes don't know which way to turn. They come to 3FC, sometimes before they're ready to actually make a commitment to weight loss and post/vent.

People get frustrated with those posts and when someone tries to give honest advice, it can turn into a bit of a battle of words. I'm not saying that's what happened with Elvis, but I have seen it quite a few times in the last couple of weeks.

And I agree, she has been awesome, I hope it blows over and she comes back.

In other news, the scale hasn't moved much in the last couple of days, but I'm using a new hole on my belt. Woo hoo! for my giant tummy finally getting a little smaller. :)

thnknthin1 They deleted her goodbye?????

HelloNurse
06-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Yay on the belt! The number on the scale is sometimes misleading, but anytime your clothes get smaller you know you've done something right!

thnknthin1
06-08-2013, 12:41 PM
thnknthin1 They deleted her goodbye?????

Yes

lunarsongbird
06-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Yes

WHAT?!

What happened? How could her post have been deleted? It couldn't have possibly violated any code of conduct- Elvis just doesn't have it in her.
Where did she post her goodbye?

I really hope she changes her mind. :( She's so private that we'll never be able to keep up with her otherwise. SAD! The last time I left a message board, most everyone who wanted to keep up with me added me to facebook- so they've been able to see my major life happenings.

I'm really sad about this news.

I guess my share today is that I'm going to a farm here in Colorado to check out raw milk shares.
http://www.largavistaranch.com/images/the-wileys-and-larga-vista-ranch-cattle.jpg
I'm excited. Although I've never tried raw milk before! The nutritional benefits are extremely awesome.

I also bought eggs from pastured hens from Joyful Noise Farm. They seem to be very happy lady hens:
http://www.localharvest.org/images/member/thumb/thumb_45493.jpg

amandie
06-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Noooooo!!!!! Seriously? Complaints?? I am very shocked and saddened now. I totally missed that thread she made. :(

Elvis- If you are reading this, please re-think your decision and come back! Please don't let them run you out of here because you (obviously) have a lot of friends here at 3FC that love and care about you! You are just one of the sweetest and supportive people on here. :hug:

IanG
06-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Ooooh dear. Life will be bad without Elvis. :(

I wonder what happened?

She posted yesterday morning about my twins.

Come back Elvis!

Joe will be apoplectic. Those two were like peas in a pod.

SuperHeroTeacher
06-08-2013, 04:43 PM
ELVIS COME BACK!!! I'm begging you - please, please, please don't let a few jerks (and trigger happy mods) ruin this awesome place for you and the rest of us! You are the heart and soul of 3FC!!! We love you and SO appreciate all of the support and words of encouragement you have to offer. Plus, we need to be here to support you when you get preggers this year - because 2013 is YOUR year!!!:cry:

I'm sorry everyone, no personals today, I'm on a campaign to bring Elvis back!

Lecomtes
06-08-2013, 05:14 PM
What?!?! No! Elvis is one of my main heroes. :( She's one of the sweetest on here! I can't imagine anything she says provoking a complaint. She's never insulting or rude even when she disagrees. Ugh...some people don't value free speech maybe? Major suckage.

thnknthin1
06-08-2013, 05:48 PM
It was her goodbye thread that was deleted yesterday morning. She just stated that a moderator had contacted her about a complaint from someone and I guess she had enough. Maybe someone else that also saw it can help elaborate also??

Yes, it's a shame someone got to her that way, she gave wonderful support here and received wonderful support. I surely hope she sees these posts and decides to return. I know she has helped a lot of people.

I still have a notification email in my inbox from a reply to the thread.....

Hello thnknthin1,

purplekitten7 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - With a heavy heart, I'm leaving 3fc... - in the Weight Loss Support forum of 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community.

This thread is located at:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/283127-heavy-heart-im-leaving-3fc-new-post.html

Lecomtes
06-08-2013, 05:55 PM
"I know she has helped a lot of people."...I can say that's true for me.

charliee
06-08-2013, 06:25 PM
It was her goodbye thread that was deleted yesterday morning. She just stated that a moderator had contacted her about a complaint from someone and I guess she had enough. Maybe someone else that also saw it can help elaborate also??

This thread is located at:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/283127-heavy-heart-im-leaving-3fc-new-post.html

I'm probably not allowed to repost what she wrote, but if you google the link you can look at the cached version of what she said. Apparently someone complained that she was making insensitive/rude comments (which is hard to believe) She said she's logging out for good though and won't be checking PM's which makes me really sad. :(

I still can't understand why they would have removed her goodbye though.
If you can't find it, PM me.

wannaskipandlaugh
06-08-2013, 06:45 PM
This forum has lost a big piece of Sunshine (that was my nickname for her) !! Sadly it has also tarnished my desire for thread reading and responding...

I was giving her such a Thank you Thursday night as she was telling me how to copy an image (in What makes you fat thread in Atkins) and she was worried that she offended me telling me how to do it.. Gosh.. I was just so thankful.. At least I got to respond to her 1 last time before Friday morning... Oh I HOPE that she does at least read these posts and realize how much we really miss her... Monday's are NOT going to be the same not being able to read her doctor stories... and finding out that She is with Child... I hope that someone who does know her personally, lets us all know about that when it happens really soon!

thnknthin1
06-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Sadly it has also tarnished my desire for thread reading and responding...

I feel this exact same way.....

IanG
06-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Looks like we are all going on strike.

lunarsongbird
06-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah. I'm really sad that I didn't get to chat with her before she left. :( I didn't even get to show her the seatbelt picture that I took just for her:

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/phpqtQ5dRPM_zps39de623b.jpg

I can't even imagine what she would have posted that was insensitive. I wonder if it was a mistake. One time a mod contacted me and told me she received complaints on the size of my signature. "Huh? Have you seen my signature? It's tiny..."
It was a mistake...she realized it and corrected herself.

Also...Elvis once told me in a PM,
"And I just want it on the record, I know you are busy and have so much going on (you inspire me and make me tired at the same time!!), but please please please don't disappear from 3FC for good. And if you do, please find me and let me know (I'm being selfish again). You are truly one of the nicest people I have ever met online and I look forward to your posts here and the special messages you send me. I would miss you so much and wonder whatever happened in the life of Lunar."

So gosh darnit, Elvis....Ditto! Come and find me. Google lunarsongbird...you'll find me everywhere. This goes for anyone else...You want to keep up with me elsewhere? I'm an open book- and I don't mind connecting, sharing, and keeping in touch.

thnknthin1
06-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Yeah. I'm really sad that I didn't get to chat with her before she left. :( I didn't even get to show her the seatbelt picture that I took just for her:

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/phpqtQ5dRPM_zps39de623b.jpg

I can't even imagine what she would have posted that was insensitive. I wonder if it was a mistake. One time a mod contacted me and told me she received complaints on the size of my signature. "Huh? Have you seen my signature? It's tiny..."
It was a mistake...she realized it and corrected herself.

Also...Elvis once told me in a PM,

So gosh darnit, Elvis....Ditto! Come and find me. Google lunarsongbird...you'll find me everywhere. This goes for anyone else...You want to keep up with me elsewhere? I'm an open book- and I don't mind connecting, sharing, and keeping in touch.

I know she was anxious to see your seatbelt pic, she was being silly about the possibility of not fitting into an airplane seat, like her skinny butt wouldn't fit :) I really hope she sees all of our posts and realize how much we need her here. It makes me sad thinking we may never hear from her again and know how she is doing....and if she ever became pregnant. :(

fadedbluejeans
06-09-2013, 01:17 AM
Wow. Unbelievable. I sure hope she has a change of heart and comes back.who complains about Elvis? That's like calling Santa a big meanie.

the shiv
06-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Still no Elvis?! I guess it is true then :( I PM'd her, but I can only guess she's really left.

You know, she has been nothing but helpful and supportive since I got here. She never had anything but a kind word to say to anyone.

I'm on strike. No more 3FC for me until Elvis comes back here. And if she doesn't, I don't either.

I'll see some of you elsewhere. Elvis, I hope you come back here! I had a run in with someone nasty here not long after I signed up, and it was reading posts from people like you that convinced me to stay, and make good use of the ignore list! I really hope you change your mind :hug:

Anyone who wants to keep in touch, PM me and i'll send you my email address.

:grouphug:

NorthernChick13
06-09-2013, 11:20 PM
OMG I just read everything about Elvis. I am hoping beyond hope that she comes back to us, and sees that we love her and need her.

I am stunned...STUNNED. I can't find the cached copy. Can anyone tell me what the thread was called? This is ridiculous :(

For what it's worth, I love you all and if this ever happens again, please know that you are all valued, cherished and invaluable in my books. I hope that we can all agree that if we ever have an issue with each other, we'll talk to each other about it. Man....this is boggling my mind.

NorthernChick13
06-10-2013, 02:56 AM
I've spent the past 2 hours on 3FC trying to piece this together through varying threads. I hope you just need some time, Elvis. We respect your choices and we will be here waiting for you, should you accept our silly jokes, crazy diet plans and our tears. I feel like I've lost a friend. Ugh so angry at this situation

SuperHeroTeacher
06-10-2013, 04:16 AM
I'm with you NorthernChick! I miss Elvis so much I was just reading through some of her old posts, 100% of which are awesome and filled with SUPPORTIVE messages to 3FC members. I stumbled across this one and it seriously made me cry:

Welcome to 3fc. A lot of us can relate to your post. We will be here for you every step of the way. The day I joined 3fc changed my life, I hope the same happens for you.

(I bolded the key phrase)

It makes me so angry that she doesn't feel comfortable coming here for support! Even though it felt like she was the one always GIVING the support, she needs support too!

I know with all of my heart that whomever "reported" her was either completely misunderstanding something she posted (I hope this is the case, but the pessimist in me doubts it), or some troll was just stirring up drama and a trigger happy mod failed to look at elvis' posting history before reprimanding her.

I fully expect this post to be deleted since I've called out both trolls and mods. Whatever, I'm a jaded cool kid now.

NorthernChick13
06-10-2013, 04:39 AM
SuperheroTeacher: If that happens, I'm glad i got to see it :) I, too, hope we get an explanation. We're all adults after all...can't we just talk to each other?!

And in the spirit of trying us cool kids happy, i thought of IanG tonight when i saw this! He is the king of gifs and this gif demonstrates how my workout went today. No matter what I do, I just can't get the side lunge/front raise duo down!

lol the caption is "I have no idea what I'm doing"...http://cheezburger.com/7544040960

PS- Ian...lol how the heck do you post those gifs? i tried every button! :S

fadedbluejeans
06-10-2013, 09:25 AM
I've spent the past 2 hours on 3FC trying to piece this together through varying threads. I hope you just need some time, Elvis. We respect your choices and we will be here waiting for you, should you accept our silly jokes, crazy diet plans and our tears. I feel like I've lost a friend. Ugh so angry at this situation

Northern - the thread was deleted. there is a thread from that day from a mod saying if you have questions, ask a mod. I feel bad for Elvis because I know she felt like she couldn't talk to anyone IRL except her husband (who seemed awesome, but its not the same). I sure hope she can stay on track alone, or that she is at least reading messages, if not posting. Its just not the same here without her.

thnknthin1
06-10-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm out camping and have really bad cell coverage.....just wanted everyone to know that Zoesmom stated in another thread that she was fortunate enough to get in contact with Elvis. We are hoping she can convince her to return!

Silverfire
06-10-2013, 01:02 PM
I miss Elvis!

I just wanted to share my teensy bit of Elvis info with you all... A couple days ago I got a message from a Mod about why Zoesmom's insensitivities thread was closed, and this is what they said The thread was closed because I think we are still discussing elvis' thread and we started to get questions about that thread. Elvis' thread confuses us as anyone as she was sent a gentle reminder about forum rules and apparently took the PM the wrong way. We would like to discuss with elvis but she left

I too got in contact with Elvis, sent her a big WE MISS YOU!!!! and shared what the Mod's had told me in hopes that it might change her mind a little and bring her back.

I hope at the very least she just takes a little break, but is still out there lurking and silently cheering us on, then decides she can't stand being away and comes back to us! :D

Ohhh and NorthernChick13 Right click on the gif or image you want to post. Click copy image url, then click on the little picture button in the forum post box, and paste the image url link into the pop up. Voila!!

bethFromDayton
06-10-2013, 02:48 PM
I've been out of town and came to discover this thread full of everyone missing Elvis. She has been so encouraging to me. I hope, as others do, that she is taking a break and will come back.

One thing, cool kids or not, is that there are people who won't like us. There may not be many, their reasons may or may not make sense to us, but that's the way it is.

My first term of teaching, I read course evaluations after the class ended. It was a small class and I knew everyone's handwriting. Two women, both of whom got As, who sat next to each other all semester, wrote two very different course evaluations.

One wrote that Beth is so helpful. She'll answer any question and never makes you feel stupid for asking it. The other wrote that Beth is so condenscending and she makes you feel dumb for asking questions.

These women sat next to each other an entire term--and they had very different interpretations of my interactions with the class.

We know that some people can ask us "Have you lost weight?" and have it come across as "you sure were/are fat" and another ask the same question and come across as cheering for us.

I hope elvis realizes that most of us find her encouraging, helpful, and supportive--and that her enthusiasm is contagious.

My share of the day--I was totally out of control this weekend but I'm back on track this morning.

lunarsongbird
06-10-2013, 05:20 PM
I should probably read the forum rules. I wonder if I have ever violated them.

ETA: Heck...where ARE the rules?

Desiderata
06-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Lunar, they can be found in the FAQ sub-forum - here you go: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/frequently-asked-questions/50973-forum-rules.html

IanG
06-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Yikes, I got half way down and worked out I'd broken some of 'em!

Beer is safe as a weightloss product (rule 5).

I am fantastic (self promotion, rule 1). And I am hot.

Sore nipples because of running and other posters advised I use pasties with tassels (rule 6).

I'd best stop there.

Gulp.

thnknthin1
06-10-2013, 06:28 PM

Sore nipples because of running and other posters advised I use pasties with tassels (rule 6).

I'd best stop there.

Gulp.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Underwater
06-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Still here in the 160's at 162.0. Maybe I'll get to to 159 next week.

I ate dinner out last night so hopefully some of it is sodium weight. I'm drinking a ton of water today and am back on plan.

Lecomtes
06-10-2013, 06:59 PM
WHAT?! Beer isn't safe as a weight loss product?!

I feel so lied to...

Let's drink over it.

Underwater- sodium gets me every time! Can't wait to read your 159 update next week! :)

NorthernChick13
06-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Nipple tassles, beer, cowboy outfits...why didn't we all lose weight sooner? This is great! :P

Keep going, underwater! You are my inspiration right now! I am chasing you!

my share of the day: I keep seeing my reflection and thinking "damn, who is that sexy fox?"...even my shadow looks hot today!! i think I am finally getting more comfortable in my smaller body. I am not at goal yet but I can still work it!

charliee
06-10-2013, 07:58 PM
my share of the day: I keep seeing my reflection and thinking "damn, who is that sexy fox?"...even my shadow looks hot today!!

That right there, is all kinds of awesome!!

Silverfire
06-10-2013, 08:19 PM

I'd best stop there.

Gulp.

:lol:

That is perfect. I love it.

I am starting the week of right I tell ya. Great lunch today, planning an even better dinner.

I picked heavy things up and put them back down a whole bunch at the gym today.

http://www.thefitfem.com/images/uploads/i%20lift%20things%20up%20and%20put%20them%20down,% 20planet%20fitness.bmp

Reward. Steak. Spuds for the BF, GIANT salad for me.

The week is planned out and I will be good! I am still hovering at ~260 mark right now, but I am going to get into and stay in (for hopefully not long) the 250's!

But.

BUT

This weekend is stagette weekend! That means:

Road trip 6 hours of driving. Ugh. - Good snacks planned :carrot:
Lots of eating out. If we get a chance to go to five guys burger and fries, there is no telling what I am going to eat! I am going to do my best to keep it light and cheap as much as I possibly can though. My wallet is not looking forward to this weekend!
SO MUCH DRINKING. It's inevitable... lol I will stick to light beer and hope we don't do toooo many shooters!
Shopping! Can't really afford to do much, but hey, lots of exercise wandering the malls for hours on end.
Zoo!!!! Full day of walking. I don't think I could have done it 6 months ago :D

Anyway, I am excited and am going to do my very best to keep myself in check this weekend!!!

NorthernChick13

That is the most kick @ss feeling! I have flashes of that feeling occasionally. You rock it girl!

NorthernChick13
06-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Thank you, Silverfire. My laptop and pants are soaking wet from laughing at your post. I love your posts!!!!! "I lift things up and put them down"... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

IanG
06-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Absolutely hilarious Silverfire.

I want that on a T-shirt!

thnknthin1
06-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Silverfire they may have a "no lunks"policy here :)

JustB1027
06-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Ok I need to jump in here!! :trampo: I am way behind the rest of yall weight wise but I want to be a "cool kid" too!!

I am so sad about Elvis. I didnt see post and have been trying to put it all together but like everyone else I just do not understand and I can not figure it out. I cant imagine anyone complaining on her. She is one of the sweetest people ever. Always so encouraging and supportive. I really miss her!

Underwater
06-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Feeling a bit better today. Lost the sodium weight and now at an all-time low of 160.6. Hoping to see 159 soon!

HelloNurse
06-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Yay! Last time I lost weight, the 160s were a rough decade for me. And in your profile pic, you look so much like my cousin that it's freaky. She has that same Heinz ketchup shirt too.

Silverfire
06-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Absolutely hilarious Silverfire.

I want that on a T-shirt!
http://rlv.zcache.ca/isapi/designall.dll?rlvnet=1&realview=113390926697750663&design=c326845f-9bd7-4427-8bbb-3a7a94031f5a&style=basic_tshirt&size=a_l&color=white&pending=false&pdt=zazzle_shirt&max_dim=512

Zazzle.com :) I think I might get myself one in fact...

fadedbluejeans
06-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Feeling a bit better today. Lost the sodium weight and now at an all-time low of 160.6. Hoping to see 159 soon!

yay for you!

Silverfire
06-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Curse you caramel popcorn twists! You will be the death of me!!

Going for lunch, minding my own business. Then BAM. I big ol' plate of this

http://media-cache-is0.pinimg.com/192x/41/43/6b/41436b198db1396ab7fcf4be8313ad3d.jpg

right as I come into the lunch room. I just couldn't say no! Well... I mean I could have if I really wanted to...

Besides the popcorn twists... Today has been good! Had my favorite chicken sammich (http://www.recipe.com/bbq-chicken-sandwich/) for lunch again today. Someone asked me if I was getting sick of them yet and I said NEVER!!!!!

Anywho, 261 today. I am DYING to see 259 again and for MORE than a day. I am happy to be staying the same and not gaining however!

Tomorrow I am going to kick the gym's @ss. I really really would like to get a start on the NROLW, but I am soooo apprehensive getting into the free weight area. I have been spending way to many minutes on the internet looking up the things that I am supposed to be doing instead of actually DOING THEM! I want to be able to strut into the free weights area and rock it like I know what I am doing! I am contemplating going to the gym super duper early a few times so I can try it out when no one is looking :lol: UGH.

I WILL GET TO THE 250's DAMMIT!

bethFromDayton
06-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Cool kid "share of the day": It's been almost 11 weeks since my toe surgery and today I've walked the longest I've walked since the surgery. My foot seems to be doing fine, which is a really good thing.

I was walking 40-50 minutes 5 days a week, and today i walked 28 minutes. (last week I was at about 12 minutes) I'm not back up to my pre-surgery speed, but at least I'm moving!

Weight isn't moving, but I was so far off plan all weekend that it'll probably take me a few days to recover--and at least I'm not above ticker!

IanG
06-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Congrats Beth and if you were above ticker we would need to talk!

My share of the day is I am getting into doubling up. I used to go to the gym every day but I am playing with the idea of going twice on some days.

I used to alternate running with weight training on a daily basis. But I feel fine doing weights every day now. So on the days I run, I will also do weights at lunch as well.

It's going to bust me up.

I will be racing a colleague who is much lighter than me (140lbs) to a 5k on the the treadmill on Friday. I think I stand a good chance.

bethFromDayton
06-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Happy Hump Day, cool kids.

Cool kids "share of the day": I tried walking (more than a bit) faster today--my shins said 'not yet', so I slowed down, but I walked twice (morning and afternoon), and still a bit faster than yesterday. I daydreamed about weight loss while walking, since my usual walking partner had too many meetings today to walk with me.

I really want to be down another 5-6 lbs before our vacation (departing June 29)--as if I need an excuse to buy new summer dresses!

Silverfire
06-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Ian, I was doubling up there for a while when I was just getting started. It was a bit much after a while, but sometimes I kinda miss it. I would go in the mornings before work, get my cardio on then in the afternoons after work I would do the weights. I was beat by the end and was going to bed at 8:30 to get up and be at the gym by 5. Going to bed that early is not easy, the sun is up and the birds are singing, it's not bed time! The part I miss is the energy I had in the mornings after the gym :( It takes me a bit longer to start functioning without it. Just make sure you are giving your muscles a chance to recover :) You are pulling quite the vanishing act over there man!!! I am a tad jealous ;)

Beth it sounds like you are well on your way to recovery! Every girl needs a new summer dress once and a while! (I got one yesterday in fact!!! )

Short week for me, its my Thursday already :D :D :D

IanG
06-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks Silverfire. I must admit I do worry about overdoing it. I need to be a little careful and stagger things a little. So perhaps double up some days but not others. And, yeah, I am up at 5 to do this!

Underwater
06-12-2013, 06:12 PM
161.2 today. Really frustrated. Want to see 159 so bad. I'm going to be 100% on plan through the weekend and hope to make some progress for my official Monday weigh in. If not, well then, I don't know but it won't be pretty ;)

SuperHeroTeacher
06-12-2013, 06:24 PM
You will get there Underwater! Keep on fighting!

My cool kid share of the day:
Since I started Medifast I'm always VERY careful about choosing where to eat out, making sure they have something on the menu that fits my lean & green meal requirements, or at least something that I can customize to fit into lean & green.

This morning my daughter had a doctor appointment and I've always let her choose lunch out after going to the doctor. Today she selected Boston Market. Obviously rotisserie chicken and turkey are on plan. NONE of the side dishes could be even remotely considered on-plan. Everything was prepared with butter, or cream, or bacon, etc... It was HARD but I just ordered a salad (btw - not a very good salad...). It was a hard meal, mostly because I LOVE corn bread and gravy :(

Anyway, half way through the meal I'm looking around the restaurant and notice that with the exception of my skinny daughter and a little boy, every single person eating there (20+ customers) was overweight if not obese. It completely shocked me. But I guess it makes sense, people who are normal size make healthier food choices when dining out I guess.

IanG
06-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Well done on the tough food choices SuperHeroTeacher. That's why we lose the big pounds. And you lose, lady!

I even have to make tough choices at Panera (the Caesar salad instead of the chicken Ceasar) so it is a constant battle when eating out.

Two shares for the day peeps.

The big one is that I had a call from my doctor's office and my cholesterol is looking awesome. I am on meds for this as my good cholesterol was too low (it was in the 30s). It's now up to the 70s. So I am really hoping they will take me off the meds soon. The salads and exercise must have done it.

The bigger one ;) is that I am weighing the same this evening as I did at my morning weigh in. For me, that spells a big loss tomorrow. I am 202.4lbs now. My biggest daily loss ever has been 2.4lbs so I doubt I will reach ONE-derland tomorrow. But it could be close. Time to prepare my speech...

SuperHeroTeacher
06-13-2013, 04:17 AM
Time to prepare my speech...

I CAN'T WAIT! My fingers are crossed that tomorrow's the day! :crossed:

bethFromDayton
06-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Cool kids confession: it can be hard to see people losing faster than I am. This is not a competition, I tell myself. Their weight loss and my loss are totally unrelated. But it makes me a bit envious anyway.

Cool kids share of the day: I'm so glad you can get a Tropical Smoothie made with splenda. DD and I stopped there for breakfast smoothies after her early morning painful orthodonist appointment.

Have a great day, all!

fadedbluejeans
06-13-2013, 10:36 AM
good luck Ian! Good job Beth and SuperHeroTeacher! Chin up Underwater...I'm with you 242...240...242...240...24?

IanG
06-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks SuperHeroTeacher and fadedbluejeans. I did not make ONE-derland today (201.6lbs). Down 0.8lbs which is still good. ONE-derland would have been a miracle. So, as with most of my weighloss it's looking like a weekend event.

NorthernChick13
06-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Cant wait for the weekend then, Ian! You're awesome!

Cool Kids Share: FINALLY BUSTED THROUGH MY STALL! I DIDNT LOSE AN OUNCE SINCE MAY 20 BUT THIS MORNING I SAW A BIG DROP! 167.6, BABY! I upped my calories to a net of 1500 a day and started Jillian's "Ripped in 30". OMG I'm going to have a restraining order put on me if I start sending her too many 'thank you' gifts :P

Underwater
06-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Cool kids confession: it can be hard to see people losing faster than I am. This is not a competition, I tell myself. Their weight loss and my loss are totally unrelated. But it makes me a bit envious anyway.

Cool kids share of the day: I'm so glad you can get a Tropical Smoothie made with splenda. DD and I stopped there for breakfast smoothies after her early morning painful orthodonist appointment.

Have a great day, all!

Beth, You can't let yourself compare to others. I am one of the faster losers because I am on a very strict doctor-supervised eating plan. All of my food comes from the doctor's office and I can't eat as much as a tic tac off plan. I am eating fewer calories than most of the people on this forum and losing faster, but I can't have a tropical smoothie, even with splenda.

Underwater
06-13-2013, 01:37 PM
160.8 today. At least the scale is moving in the right direction. COME ON 159!!! (My next dr appt after 159 I am upping my calories!)

Bluejaybythesea
06-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Hey guys! Just posting to say that today is my 6 month anniversary! Since Jan 13 I have lost 77 lbs and I am very happy. Here is a progress pic which I am also adding to my collection of pics linked in y sig.

I am just so happy that I have made i this far and I have all of you guys, both here in the 100lbs club and the men's corner, to thank. So, thank you all :D.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd502/Jay_Potter/Fat%20Pictures/061313_205lbs_zps004fef24.jpg

Silverfire
06-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Woooo looking good bluejay!!!!You rock dude!

bethFromDayton
06-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Beth, You can't let yourself compare to others. ... but I can't have a tropical smoothie, even with splenda.

Thanks, Underwater--you're right. I can't let myself compare--or at least, I have to shut myself down when I do! :dizzy:

I so truly do believe that we all have our own paths and that what is working well for one of us might not be the right path for someone else. I could have chosen a doctor supervised VLCD--I didn't--I could have chosen something more restrictive--I didn't. For me, a more gradual approach is more likely to be successful. Knowing myself, I would rebel and go overboard if I was overly restrictive.

I am thrilled for other's successes, though--and I will cheer when you hit that 150s decade!

Bluejaybythesea, I think this is your 5 month anniversary--you're doing fantastic!

IanG
06-13-2013, 04:24 PM
You're looking great BlueJay.

thnknthin1
06-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Just got home from camping all week.....was not very OP. :(

I will NOT be going near a scale for a few days. ;)

Bluejaybythesea
06-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Er... Jan, Feb(1), March (2), April (3), May (4), June... derp.

Ok whatever. Don't I feel sheepish...

http://www.glitterandgoatcheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/aladdin-genie-sheepish.jpg

Lecomtes
06-13-2013, 05:59 PM
You're almost there underwater, you're doing awesome! :D

Superteach- Kudos to choosing the salad at Boston Market! Way to stay strong!

Oh my goodness Ian, I cannot wait for your ONE-derland speech! How exciting! You are an inspiration.

Beth- You are doing so well, I think your attitude and willingness to be candid will take you far! :) I'm the same way in that I tend to rebel against total restriction. I'll be slow and steady with ya! :)

Yay Northern! You are pretty much a big deal! :) Jillian needs to come to a theater near me. ;)

Looking fabulous BlueJay! Congratulations!

Glad you enjoyed your camping trip thnknthin! I hope that when you do go near the scale, it's all good things! :)

My share...did a hilly 6 mile bike ride last night in a strong wind (took me 50 minutes! lol). I'm going to have to do better than that today to repent for the cupcake I ate for breakfast. Note to self: Don't do things you are embarrassed to admit. :D

charliee
06-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Congrats BlueJay, looking good!!

NorthernChick13
06-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Er... Jan, Feb(1), March (2), April (3), May (4), June... derp.

Ok whatever. Don't I feel sheepish...

http://www.glitterandgoatcheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/aladdin-genie-sheepish.jpg

Best possible picture EVER!!!!!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-14-2013, 01:26 AM
My cool kids share of the day:
I followed my 16-year old daughter around the mall for 4+ hours today. 6 months ago this would have been my own personal he!!, but today I had a lot of fun! I didn't get too tired, or winded, my knee didn't start hurting until the very end. We had makeovers at Sephora (I've mentioned my sephora addiction, right?), we had lunch (on plan - LOVE Buckhorn Grill), I even looked at some potential "goal clothes" - it was a great day! :D

fadedbluejeans
06-14-2013, 09:07 AM
My share for today is that last night my 4 yr old and I made chocolate chip cookies for her to bring to share with her daycare friends today and I only ate 1. It was delicious, and all the rest have been packed up and delivered to daycare and my office for others to enjoy.

IanG
06-14-2013, 05:29 PM
Three shares today. First, ONE-derland is treating me nasty. I gained 0.6lbs today (up to 202.2lbs). I never gain twice in a week, so she's trying her best to keep me out. I am going to come back with a bat at the weekend and see what I can do to break in. No more Mr Nice Guy.

Second, I beat my work colleague in a 5k race today on the treadmill. He was shocked. And he should be as he weighs 60lbs less than me!

Third, I am going to a drinks party tonight. You know the Ian rules peeps: drink, don't eat!

NorthernChick13
06-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Sorry to hear onederland is being a little b*tch, as usual! You'll push through, Ian! Your weekend plan sounds great!!!!

Fadedbluejeans: amazing! I still can't do that!!!!

My share is that I am wearing a skirt that hasn't fit in years today. It feels amazing and it's the first skirt I've worn in a long time. Everyone is complimenting me at work today! :D

charliee
06-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Nice work on the race Ian, don't worry, I'm sure you're going to hit onederland this weekend. I too am having a liquid dinner tonight! Beers all around!!

Congrats on the skirt NorthernChick!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-15-2013, 01:51 AM
Third, I am going to a drinks party tonight. You know the Ian rules peeps: drink, don't eat!

1.) I'm seriously surprised YOU haven't been contacted by a moderator - this advice has to be against SOME rule...

2.) I totally followed the Ian diet rules tonight - vodka tonic x3!!!

IanG
06-15-2013, 09:13 AM
I hope you drank without eating charliee and SuperHeroteacher. That's the Ian way.

If you did, I guarantee you will not gain weight the next day. Did you?

And well done on the skirt NorthernChick. I bet you looked a million (Canadian) bucks!

I am down 1.4lbs today and I just ran another 5k this morning. At 200.8lbs, ONE-derland is running scared. Real scared. It's being hunted.

SuperHeroTeacher
06-15-2013, 02:18 PM
I hope you drank without eating charliee and SuperHeroteacher. That's the Ian way.

If you did, I guarantee you will not gain weight the next day. Did you?.

I only eat one real meal per day anyway (the other 5 are prepared Medifast meals, which are really more of a snack), so my meal was much earlier in the day and I did skip my evening MF meal. I did not gain even an ounce (even though the TOM bloat has arrived -sorry TMI) - lost 0.4 :D

It was so fantastic I might follow the Ian plan again tonight!

NorthernChick13
06-15-2013, 03:06 PM
I drank last night too (rum and diet coke) and saw a loss this morning too! Ian, you had better write a book! And omg just 0.8 away!? GO GO GO!!

And thanks for the compliments on the skirt, everyone! Our high school grad is next week and it's the biggest event in our community each year. I'll post pics of me in a dress! WOO!!!!! It's the dress I wore for my own undergrad graduation in 2009 so there may be some comparison pics on the way!

IanG
06-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Well NorthernChick and SuperHeroTeacher, I will be staying OP tonight.

So there is a beer on the go, another in the fridge and a gin and tonic waiting for later.

thnknthin1
06-15-2013, 09:46 PM
I may have to try the Ian diet as well. I already ate dinner so maybe tomorrow? I'm thinking what NorthernChick had, rum and diet coke!

IanG
06-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Yep, wait until tomorrow thnknthin1. With food (dinner), it is risky (my crackpot theory is that your body will burn the alcohol calories and turn the dinner to fat).

Without food, you lose (my crackpot theory is that the body cannot store alcohol calories - they disappear). And don't feel limited to just one. Unlimited is a good rule of thumb. But keep the mixers diet!

thnknthin1
06-15-2013, 09:58 PM
I like the unlimited rule. ;)

IanG
06-15-2013, 10:08 PM
Well, I wouldn't skip dinner for just one drink!

I stop when I want to stop. Last night, that took some time on the wine!

PS I also find moderate alcohol use helps flush the water as well. Too much and you can get dehydrated (big loss, followed by a rebound gain) but two strong beers an evening (9.5% abv) does wonders as a mild diuretic for me. So as long as you're not waking up with a hangover you should be good to go!

PPS I am on my gin and tonic now after two 9.5% beers earlier in the evening and I am hoping to smash ONE-derland tomorrow which will require at least an 0.8lbs loss. Am I worried? Nope! It's in the bag.

SuperHeroTeacher
06-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Ian tomorrow is the day you are going to CRUSH that little b*tch one-derland. In the meantime, enjoy your Father's Day with your kiddos!

IanG
06-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks SuperHeroTeacher. I just did a cheeky afternoon weigh in and I am down on my morning weight. This all points to a big loss tomorrow morning!

JustB1027
06-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Ok here is my cool kid share: I went to the track to get my walking done and my 19 year old 130 pound niece wanted to go. I figured I would slow her down but said ok and told her she didn't have to stay with me
Well, she couldn't keep up with me!!!
Share #2 I am down 3.6 pounds this week!!!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-17-2013, 12:02 AM
WOOHOO! Way to go Justb!!! You are rockin the weight loss!

JustB1027
06-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks!!! I am trying!

LebenAlles
06-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Well hello there cool kids...I'm not quite sure how this thread "existed" without me in it, but I'll "forgive" you guys...just this "once" ;)

It's lovely to have everyone here together without those decade boundaries pushing us around. I like, I like.

And Ian is in onderland!! Congrats!!

I decided to hang out in the two teens for months, since the 220's let go of me so easily. I didn't want to start getting the impression that this weight loss business is "easy" or anything. But I'm still chugging along. Slipping up is fine, as long as the slipping up doesn't lead to giving up. Am I right?
And then I'm immediately reminded of that meme "Bae caught me slippin'.."
Cracks me up for some reason...

thnknthin1
06-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Ian and NorthernChick took your advice and had a few rum and diet cokes last night. Thing is, I didn't have the best lunch yesterday......we took my dad out for Father's Day (buffet style). I will probably try the same "dinner" tonight ;)

Congrats again on reaching Onederland Ian, it really is the best feeling seeing that elusive "1" on the scale! :carrot:

ETA: Welcome LebenAlles!

Brandibooxoxo
06-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Well yesterday was my first day back on plan after a 3 month hiatus and I managed to go without a single soda all day which is hard because I'm a caffeine addict. Although I did run by Starbucks I kept it in my points!

IanG
06-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Thanks LebenAlles and thnknthin. ONE-derland is great! It's just a shame that I have had to deal with computer viruses today. I think I am good now though.

Keep on drinkin'!

JustB1027
06-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Congrats Ian!!!!!! Enjoy!

Silverfire
06-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Congrats on Onederland Ian!!!!!

Way to go everyone else too, you guys are all rockin it!

I am back from the girls weekend, still intact! I woke up with a cold the day before we left, and tried to not let it get the best of me over the weekend. I powered through and had a great time. Really really disappointing at the shopping however. I was excited to go shopping at forever 21 because I was under the impression that they went up to 2XL. No dice! Largest size was a large. BOOO! Also, I have never been in a dirtier, more disorganized store in my whole life. My garbage can was more organized than that place! Looking on the bright side, I didn't spend nearly as much money as I would have had I been able to buy clothes there... Oh well!!!

We did so much walking this weekend. I wish I had worn my pedometer, but I would say we put on 15-20 km this weekend.

Weighed in at 258.2 this morning even!! WOOO!!! No more 260's ever again!

bethFromDayton
06-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Hey cool kids,

Glad to be back now that Chrome is no longer complaining of malware.

I'm still hanging out at 194--up a day then back to 194.

I also am having an energy/flexibility setback--I'm finding it harder to get up and down from the floor--I'm sure it's due to the 2+ months of not walking as regularly--speed and length. Today's shoes let me walk further--so perhaps that'll make a difference. My foot has to heal completely eventually!

"Share" of the "day": I got a 30% off coupon for Kohl's--I'm going to look for new pants--and DD the younger will get a bunch of new stuff so she loves her wardrobe when she goes off to college in the fall.

IanG
06-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Thanks JustB1027 and Silverfire.

I have a ONE-derland hangover and am feeling a little blue today from no longer having that challenge. I was a little too focused on it and so it seems something is missing now it's gone. Weird.

Anyway, my share of the day is that I am going to grow some designer stubble now my face is thinner. I am not quite sure how this is going to work out. But I have bought a new beard trimmer.

HelloNurse
06-18-2013, 01:23 PM
My boyfriend used to make a cardboard template that he placed over his cheek that way when he trimmed the sideburns and neckbeard, his sexy stubble was perfectly symmetrical. Boys are so vain.;)

thnknthin1
06-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Ian you will rock that stubble! You would be proud of me....I've been having the "Ian dinner" lately and doing good so far :) I'm actually having it for lunch today. ;)

Hi JustB, Silverfire and Beth!

We will be headed out soon going to the baseball game in a bit. I've been saving calories up for some stadium food. Hoping I don't go all out crazy on the stuff!

and helloooooooNurse, sorry had to do that :)

thnknthin1
06-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Glad to be back now that
"Share" of the "day": I got a 30% off coupon for Kohl's--I'm going to look for new pants--and DD the younger will get a bunch of new stuff so she loves her wardrobe when she goes off to college in the fall.

Beth, I got my 30% coupon from Kohls today too :) I swear they do that just to get me in there if I haven't been lately. They know I can't resist 30% :)

IanG
06-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Wow thnknthin! The Ian Dinner for lunch, eh? I may have tried that once or twice myself!

So how do you find the Ian dinner? Do you continue to lose OK?

NorthernChick13
06-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Hey Ian, I just read about how it's odd not having the Onederland passion anymore. I'm sure it's one heck of an adjustment. i like the beard idea though! It's a new type of physical goal that isn't as weight focused. How are ya feeling about it today?

IanG
06-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Thanks NorthernChick. I am still on with the stubble. I just bought a beard trimmer so we shall see how that goes. On ONE-derland I am a little worried that I might get my usual weekly gain tomorrow that bumps me back up to 200 (despite staying OP). I hope not. But we shall see. My mood seems correlated with this weekly gain thing. I think it's my man cycle!

NorthernChick13
06-19-2013, 02:15 AM
Maybe don't weigh in tomorrow, Ian, if you know it's gonna mess with your head! We ladies know not to weigh in if our hormones are wreaking havoc on the scale. I hide mine once a month for 7 days!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-19-2013, 02:27 AM
On ONE-derland I am a little worried that I might get my usual weekly gain tomorrow that bumps me back up to 200 (despite staying OP). I hope not. But we shall see. My mood seems correlated with this weekly gain thing. I think it's my man cycle!

Just remember, even if you do have a little bump back up to 200 (and I don't think you will!), it's only TEMPORARY!!!

I'm having a little bump up these past two days myself. 223.4 today, up from 223.0 yesterday and 221.8 on Sunday :/. Whoosh coming soon I hope.

JustB1027
06-19-2013, 03:10 AM
My cool kid share of the day is I totally geeked out at the NKOTB concert!!!

IanG
06-19-2013, 06:42 AM
Thanks NorthernChick and SuperHeroTeacher. I did get my bump. Up to 200.0lbs again. But you are both right. It will only be temporary and I could get a nice whoosh.