South Beach Diet - Please help, few questions for beach veterans!

adaminu
05-31-2013, 01:57 PM
:dizzy: Hello you wonderful beachers! I am back trying phase one again and I was wondering if you:
Limit your daily beans intake and are edamames ok?
How much dairy a day is ok?
What do you have for breakfast?

jekel383
05-31-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm a little rusty at this....but I believe dairy is 2 cups per day (not of cheese however) I think legumes are limited if you have digestion issues (I ate them daily) For breakfast I still enjoy eggs with turkey and cheese, Greek yogurt with almonds or a Greek yogurt smoothie. I know there are links, but I am lousy at attachments. if you look in the recipe section there are a lot of great ones for each meal and phase. Good luck and welcome.

BellaLucia
05-31-2013, 07:53 PM
I ate soup, beans, eggs, nuts, fish and meat on Phase 1. Welcome!

RiverGirl
05-31-2013, 11:37 PM
My Phase 1 Breakfasts:

(Please keep in mind, I never worry about veggies at breakfast, because I eat alot of them during the day for other meals and snacks.
You can always add a V8 to any of these for a extra veggie kick *hint about the flavour of V8, try adding a bit of orange flavour crystal light, helps cut the tomato-y-ness*)

Greek yogurt sprinkled w/ peanuts
Plain yogurt mixed w/ crystal light powder (or sugar free jello powder)
Celery w/ pb
Celery stuffed w/ creamcheese mixed with homemade salsa
Chickpeas topped w/ low fat cheese & homemade salsa
Deli roll ups (lean meat with a bit of mustard rolled around pepper & pickle spears)
Turkey BLT roll ups
Scrambled eggs
Omlette (usually ham, brocolli, cheddar)
Deviled eggs
Left overs from the previous nights dinner (random)
Cucumbers w/ cream cheese or reduced fat cheddar

Those are just ideas that first jump to mind.

basically you can have anything for breakfast that fits the SBD food guidelines, there is really no need for them to be "breakfasty" foods.

wonderlin
06-01-2013, 09:41 AM
My absolute fav breakfast is the "Chocolate Cheesecake Smoothie" (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/breakfast-ideas-phase-1/51663-chocolate-cheesecake-smoothie-no-eggs.html)

I add a little natural PB and of course, spinach. Once I get to work I add in some flax. I love the taste and it's easy to make. I put it in a blender cup (with the little wire balls for shaking/mixing) and make it the night before on the mornings I start with an early swim.

On weekends I make the mock waffles or mock french toast.

I always have a glass of V8 as well.

Natasha1534
06-01-2013, 08:22 PM
:dizzy: Hello you wonderful beachers! I am back trying phase one again and I was wondering if you:
Limit your daily beans intake and are edamames ok?
How much dairy a day is ok?
What do you have for breakfast?

Dairy is 2 cups, like jekel said. I usually do a snack of greek yogurt mixed w/ natural peanut butter and Splenda.

Edamame is fine...it's one of my favorite snacks, actually.

I'm pretty boring when it comes to breakfast b/c I don't always eat it. More often than not, when I do, it's 2 eggs scrambled w/ low fat cheese and turkey sausage. I believe I posted the recipe, but when I think about it, I like to make cream cheese pancakes when I'm on Phase I and have them w/ a couple of slices of turkey bacon.

adaminu
06-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Than You!!!!