General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Default Serenity & a New Book.

This morning while running and completing my C25K workout, well actually when I was stretching before, I closed my eyes and said a little prayer:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."

I may have 'said' this but what I was thinking is was;

"Grant me the serenity to accept that this is going to hurt like ****! The courage to start and not stop until I'm done! And the wisdom to know that I can't control the pain, but I can control how long I go."
This made me smile on the treadmill, and while I smile doing other exercises, it is very rare that I smile while running.

So, when I came across this book today, I kind of felt like it was a sign:

The Courage To Start: A Guide To Running for Your Life
By: John Bingham

Has anyone read it? Or considered reading it?

I'm re-reading the Long Run right now, but once I finish it this is going to be the next book on my list.

Thanks for reading!
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Yes, ma'am! It's my current read. I've been running for almost four years and I wish I had unearthed this little gem when I started. I'm going to give a copy to a friend of mine who is mustering up her own 'courage to begin'.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #3  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Talking

100Mother,

I don't run but I say The Serenity Prayer every night. I love that prayer. That is great that you are thinking positively and exercising, you go girl!

How are things with you otherwise?

seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote