100 lb. Club - Restaurant Challenges

View Full Version : Restaurant Challenges

gonzostar
06-06-2003, 12:51 AM
tonight i went out to eat for david's birthday. i'd planned it for awhile, and i don't often eat out (besides subway, heh.)

it was an italian restaurant and i planned ahead: i'd already counted out how many tortellini's i was going to have (30) and everything according to calories.

i get a half order, and it was perfect, about 30 pieces. i had 1 slice of garlic bread with the meal, and i couldn't finish the plate!the "old" me would have pushed it, cuz it was sooooooooo good, but this me stopped and saved it.

we just got home and i feel really good about myself. i finally feel like i can handle restaurants and special occasions again.

:)

hillary29
06-06-2003, 01:10 AM
Thats great! I still have trouble when I go out to eat, and so I try to stay away from restaraunts, I have a tendancy to overeat even if I am stuffed, if the food tastes really yummy.

Raelynn
06-06-2003, 04:02 AM
that is awesome Holly. I rarely eat in restaurants, and I'm not sure I would trust myself :lol:

mthrgoos68
06-06-2003, 09:48 AM
Holly, That is really great! Congratulations!

My poor DH loves to eat out, but he knows that the only place I'll go right now is Applebee's because I know exactly what I can eat there. Half of a blackened chicken salad with no eggs and no dressing. The poor guy is dying to go out for Chinese Food or Mexican Food, but I just don't trust myself at those places yet.

BA99TJ
06-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Yay Holly!
It's planning ahead that is the key :)

MthrGoose-
http://www.dwlz.com has the points for HUNDREDS of restaraunts if you are doing weight watchers - it also lists the calories/fat/fiber content.

Jennelle
06-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Go Holly! :dance:

My 16th anniversary is today, and of course hubby wants to go to Red Lobster. I've been planning for DAYS on what to eat. I always make sure I know what's up 'cause the last time I went to a restaurant and thought I was eating healthy I ended up with a 32 point entree! :fr: