100 lb. Club - Getting out of the 240's - 2013

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Getting out of the 240's - 2013

zoesmom
05-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Previous thread hit the 500 posts so, starting the new thread for one and all.

View previous posts here: Getting out of the 240's (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/268353-getting-out-240s-thread-new.html)

Issaknits
05-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Yay, new thread!

Opheliaphoenix: Congrats on moving over to a new decade! :D

Zoesmom: You can do it! When you get there, can you save me a spot?

Fadedbluejeans: Me too! The 240's are starting to stick to me like glue.

loganandlivsmom: Hi and happy Thursday to you too. :)

Gah, hit 246 this morning. It's mostly water weight, and it was closer to 249 during the weekend, so at least the scale is slowly going back down to where it was two weeks before. I'm tweaking my workouts to add more upper body/back/ab weight training to make up for the bum ankle putting a slow-down to my attempts at running and I'm switching over to eating Paleo style, so we'll see what happens.

onagain1
05-30-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm holding at 247 for the past few days. I really, really, really want to hit 245 by next Friday to make my first mini-goal!

zoesmom
05-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Issaknits - sure! I will be more than happy to hold a spot for you! I love that I am more or less in the same decade with the same people most of the time. I might not respond all the time, but I sure read about it a lot....you all are like weightloss siblings or something!

onagain - Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!

logan - yeah you!!!!! :D

zoesmom
05-31-2013, 09:40 AM
:lol: Well, that was brief. I came, I saw, I created, I am out. I hit 239.1 today. So....bye for now guys, see you SUPER soon! I'll save a spot for ya! :D

Issaknits
05-31-2013, 02:16 PM
zoesmom: Wooo! Go you! :cheer3:

245.9 this morning, down from 246.0 yesterday. The WW is reluctantly leaving.

smashlers
05-31-2013, 04:26 PM
Im hereeeee!!!!

smashlers
06-01-2013, 11:00 AM
This month I have decided my goal is to work out like a mad woman. Last month was just So. BAD. I was in the 250s for FAR FAR too long.

Do anyof you have daily exercise motivational tools?

fadedbluejeans
06-01-2013, 11:15 AM
242 this morning, despite a cheeseburger last night...I am SO ready to wave bye bye to these 240s. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Issaknits
06-04-2013, 10:38 AM
244 this morning! Yay for being back on the losing streak. :)

smashlers: Hi! The 250's took me forever to get out of too. It was as if they were wrapped around my ankles, dragging on the ground going "Nooooo, don't leave meeee! We love you!" while I tried to make a break for the door.

As far as daily exercise motivation, I'm trying to do the 30 day dumbbell challenge: http://wholelifestylenutrition.com/category/coaching/30-day-dumbbell-challenge/ right after I get home from work. During the day, some of my co-workers decided that every two hours we need to get up from our desks and go up and down the stairs for a quick five minute break instead of hanging around the break area where all the sugary treats other people bring live.

fadedbluejeans
06-05-2013, 12:19 PM
240.6 this morning...half a pound away from a new decade (and my first mini goal!)...but it's Pizza Wednesday :/

Issaknits
06-05-2013, 02:00 PM
fadedbluejeans: Woo for meeting mini-goals! That's awesome.

242 on the dot this morning. I now weigh less than I did when I started my current job five years ago.

fadedbluejeans
06-05-2013, 03:05 PM
fadedbluejeans: Woo for meeting mini-goals! That's awesome.

242 on the dot this morning. I now weigh less than I did when I started my current job five years ago.

YAY!

Pink Hurricane
06-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Last week I was 244.2, this morning I am up to 248.2, I think it's mostly water weight since it is almost TOM. Regardless I went for a run this morning and I have been eating OP so I am hoping to be at 244 or less by weigh in later this week!

Monkeyruler164
06-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Mind if I jump on this train? Just hit 249 today! Excited to get through the 240's!

smashlers
06-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Welcome Monkeyruler! This is one decade I am happy to arrive upon (closer to 200 than 300;) ) and even happier to leave!

Issaknits
06-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Welcome Monkeyruler!

240.6 this morning. I'm hoping that spending the day at my parents' house didn't jump this up - I tried to stay OP for the most part, so we'll see. It's sorta scary, but in a good way: this is the least I've weighed in a while and I'm excited to see the scale go down after going through the 250's plateau for what felt like forever.

Monkeyruler164
06-11-2013, 04:41 PM
How's everyone doing so far? Sadly I've only lost a pound but I'm hoping by being in week 3 of P90X the weight loss will start up and start dropping. Fingers crossed!

Issaknits
06-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Yay on the pound loss, Monkeyruler! A loss is a loss, no matter how little.

I went up to 242 this morning. I'm hoping that it's all water retention: I had a hectic weekend helping my mom while she's recovering from hand surgery and there was pizza ordered. I haven't had Little Ceasar's in months and now I remember why. Argh, sodium bloat! Heading to the gym this evening to do a good, long workout and spend some time in the sauna. (Still stubbornly holding onto the 240 in my signature, because I will get back down to that by the end of this week! *determined*)

smashlers
06-12-2013, 08:03 AM
This is getting ridiculous. I have been at the same exact weight for over 2 weeks... can you say plateau?!?!

fadedbluejeans
06-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Why am I still here??? Not that you guys aren't terrific company, but it's time to move on already.

Issaknits
06-12-2013, 10:31 AM
I think the water retention weight got scared from my last post. I busted my behind on the bike last night (sweated buckets, red face, the works. I'm sure I looked so hawt :rolleyes: ) and stayed in the sauna longer than I usually do. This morning I'm back down to 240! :dance:

smashlers
06-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Sauna. Doing it.

Monkeyruler164
06-13-2013, 03:10 AM
Down another pound. Hope I'll be following you Issaknits and others into the next venture very soon. Definitely jealous yall have a sauna to use. I'm hoping to join a gym once I get a bit more comfortable in working out in public!

Issaknits
06-13-2013, 10:58 AM
So I went to my very first spin class last night because I read somewhere that it torches calories and helps you lose inches. This morning I'm sore and my sit bones ache. As I hobbled my way to the scale, I kept on thinking "Was it worth it? Was it worth it? Come on scale, tell me it was worth it, pleeeeaaaaase."

241.6 this morning. It took everything I had to not kick the scale across the room. On one hand, I was discouraged that I had gained, but on the other hand, I remembered that my legs and ankles were a bit swollen last night after class. This is just water retention, because there's no way that I ate enough calories in a single day to gain almost a pound and a half.

And there are positives:

1. I went to a group class completely out of my comfort zone. I attempted a spin class a year ago when I was closer to 270, but only made it past the threshold of the bike room before someone snottily informed me that it was all full up (even though there were empty bikes everywhere. I later found out that you had to sign up for the class, but at the time I took it as a "You can't sit here" Forrest Gump moment.) I've been too intimidated to go back since. Yesterday, people were very welcoming and this one lady even took time out of her pre-class warm up to help me adjust my bike and give me a few pointers.

2. I made it through the entire 45 minutes. I felt like I was going to die and my face turned a lovely shade of purple while sweat poured into my eyes, but I made it. I even had enough left in the tank to wobble on spaghetti legs to the sauna for fifteen minutes.

and 3. Even though I'm sore and it really hurts to sit all the way back in my chair, my first thoughts were "Man, I need to get me some padded bike shorts so I won't hurt next week" instead of "OMG, I'm never doing that again."

Yeesh, sorry about the rambling. Anyway, how is everyone doing today?

smashlers
06-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Down a little bit this week... at 248.8, maybe one day I will get out of the 40's!! My body is fighting it so hard.

Issaknits
06-17-2013, 10:25 AM
240.4 this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed that the scale will keep inching on down, but I'm waiting for the pre-TOM water retention to show up any minute now.

Pink Hurricane
06-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Still hanging out at 243, I am stuck right now, things are about to be changed up and hopefully that will give me a good kick into the 230s!

Issaknits
06-20-2013, 10:37 AM
A kick-butt workout that I had hoped would nudge me over into the 230's shot me up three pounds, and then a semi-healthy (hidden salt in the steamed veggies! Eeep!) business lunch shot me up four more pounds. Felt really deflated when I stepped on the scale and saw 247, but I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 242, so at least I'm getting back on track *fingers crossed*.

Besides drinking water, does anyone have any tips on how to beat sodium bloating?

Newlyn
06-21-2013, 12:46 AM
I think I need to join you guys in this thread. I've been bouncing around in the 240s for so long and it just doesn't want to give up!

I got down to 241 but then jumped back up to 244 with too much chocolate/TV. It's the rainy season here, hot and humid, so it's not very conducive to exercise.

Today I set up the rowing machine, brought out the hand weights, dug out 30DS and Zumba and I'm back on it at home!

smashlers
06-21-2013, 11:05 PM
issaknits I struggle so so much with salt. I track on MFP and WW apps. MFP tells me every single day I am very over on my sodium intake. My next plan of action is to start cutting those foods out. It sucks. And it's boring. But if eating oat meal is what I have to do to get out of the 240's, that's what I'll do. We're fighting the good fight.

newlyn welcome!

Issaknits
06-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Welcome to the thread, Newlyn!

I'm usually really good about keeping my sodium levels down when I cook for myself, but now I'm really noticing just how much salt is in commercially made foods, be it fast food or restaurant finds. At home, I've been playing around with different combinations of spices to satisfy that salty portion of the tastebuds. Right now I'm putting cayenne pepper on almost everything because I've been wanting something spicy or using ground fennel seeds for a licorice taste (and I really don't care for licorice, but I'm loving fennel in salads or ground fennel on porkchops!)

It's probably because I'm trying to actively lose water weight, but I feel like I'm hyperaware of how I feel after having a meal I know contains a lot of sodium. Puffy hands and feet/ankles are no fun!

Oh! Just wanted to add that I think I found my new favorite way to eat cauliflower. Cut up a head of cauliflower (this will make 4-6 servings, depending on size) and steam until fork tender. Put into the food processor with two to four tablespoons butter or coconut oil and puree. Voila! Mashed potatoes without all the extra starch! I haven't played around with the recipe, but I'm betting you could substitute broths or stock for the butter and then season to taste. I didn't add any other seasonings besides the butter and they came out super creamy and very tasty.

fadedbluejeans
06-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Finally heading back in the right direction, 241.4 this morning.

Loch
06-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Hello! I officially made it back into the 240s and I thought I'd find myself a thread to get to know some like-minded individuals :).

I'm hoping to finally get out of this rut I've been in, I keep going from 248-252, but this time I'm grabbing hold of the reins and not letting go. I made the switch to the paleo diet yesterday, and the lack of salt and consumption of water made me shed off 3lb of (I'm assuming) water weight. I am SO done with salt!

That cauliflower recipe sounds delicious. I'm going to have to try it out :).

Issaknits
06-24-2013, 10:44 AM
241 this morning, back down from the 246 Nacho Friday had boosted me up to. Even though I didn't go overboard and only had a small plate, Saturday morning's numbers were enough to keep me away from the salty chips and canned processed cheese for a while!

Hello Loch! I'm doing paleo too; how are you liking it so far?

fadedbluejeans
06-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Arrrrgh! That is all.

Loch
06-24-2013, 02:06 PM
I like the fresh fruit, and I'm okay eating every 2 hours, but night time kills me. I had a big feast of boiled veggies, fried mushrooms, and a steak. It was all very delicious, but I always make the mistake of staying up too late after I eat. I stayed up another 3 hours, found out my tonsils are swollen, got whiney and cheated because I had a headache and wanted carbs so bad.

But today is a new day! I didn't weigh myself yet, as I had to rush to work, so I'll weigh again tomorrow. I didn't eat TOO bad, but I refuse to cheat again.

I wanna be a cavegirl for life!

By the by Fadedbluejeans, hang in there, if it's a bad number on the scale, just shake your head and tell yourself you can do it. The scale can be our greatest enemy, but it can also be our greatest motivator.

Issaknits
06-25-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm having a pretty rough day today. It started out fine too, but just a lot of little things started piling up and rolling downhill until they became great big things and the next thing I knew, I'm sitting at my desk going "F&*$ it. I don't want the salad I packed for lunch. I'm tired of salads." I'm a stress eater and leafy greens just don't scream out comfort food to me. It doesn't help that TOM is around, so I'm just a growly ball of grump and random weepiness right now.

So what did I do? I headed over to Jack in the Box and got a burger, fries and an iced tea after spending an entire month without fried *anything*, potatoes, mayo, cheese (I miss cheese!) excess sugar, and bread.

I had one of two choices to make. One: I could wholf everything down in order to complete everything I needed to do during my lunch break and not even remember what my meal tasted like or two: slow down and enjoy every bite.

The first option would have left me regretting the splurge and feeling guilty about it later on. I'd beat myself up about slipping and then, knowing how I act on past slips, I would have just gone out and binged on junk because what the hey? I've already messed up, might as well do a good job at it!

I took the second option. I slowed down, enjoyed my meal, and stepped back when I got full. I took the time to take a deep breath and think through the day's issues, which helped me whittle them down into a manageable to-do list instead of an overwhelming heap of paperwork on my desk. I don't feel guilty because this was just one meal. I'm going to go back to a healthy dinner tonight and then a good breakfast tomorrow, which will put me right back on track.

I think what's different this time around is that I'm accepting my weaknesses (stress eating, needing bread-type carbs especially during TOM) and adapting my plan for the eventual pitfall that's bound to happen from time to time. One of the main reasons I haven't lost this much weight ever is that I'll hit one of these bumps in the road and give up, because if I can't be perfect on my plan, then what good is it to even try? I'm realizing that one (really, really good) hamburger isn't that much of a deal in the great scheme of things and it certainly shouldn't be the thing that makes me throw my hands up and walk away. Will I get bloated with salt? Oh good gravy, yes. I'm drinking water and hitting the gym as usual, so it'll probably take around three to four days to get out of my system.

Wow, I got rambly again. Sorry about that. TL;DR: I got stressed out, ate junk food, and am okay with my decision to take a break from my plan for just one meal.

Loch
06-25-2013, 07:11 PM
I know exactly how you feel Issa, I'm also coming up for that TOM and it's killing me. I stared at my lunch and wanted to throw it away. I miss those juicy good-for-nothing carbs, and those sweet, wonderful sweets. I'm hungry, really hungry, and I don't know if this diet I set out for myself will cut it.

I decided that I'm going to reevaluate what I'm doing, and how I can succeed. The first thing I need to do is accept the fact that I don't think carbs were my enemy, father, fast food was. I went out almost every night. So far I have stopped doing that, so, I'm going to look at my old journal and see what I was eating back then and try that.

It's tough when we have to battle ourselves, but it feels good to take a look at the stress and struggle through with a level head. Any other day I would say screw it, instantly, and go grab some McDonalds.

We're allowed to slip up, we're human, we have to knowledge that and keep on!

Issaknits
06-26-2013, 12:17 AM
I'm hungry, really hungry, and I don't know if this diet I set out for myself will cut it.

If you don't mind me asking, what paleo plan are you going with? Is it super strict where it cuts out everything cold turkey or is it more like 80% paleo/20% "cheat" foods like some dairy and grains? I picked up Practical Paleo at my local bookstore and I love all the meals I've made from it. The author has several 30 day meal plans for different people. I haven't tried anything other than the fat loss meal plan, but everything really fills you up and I haven't had the urge to get a mid-morning or 3:00 slump snack.

Now that I'm getting bored with salads (and they're so easy to take to work! Boo for bored tastebuds!) I think I'm going to start making her suggested lunches instead. What I've been doing is making one of the dinners on a Sunday. What's left over from dinner (usually some sort of protien) turns into a topper for Monday's salad lunch, then Monday's dinner turns into Tuesday's salad lunch, etc. Maybe after a while I'll start cycling salads back into rotation, but right now I need to get over the meal slump and shake things up a bit.

Loch
06-26-2013, 01:23 PM
I started on Saturday when I looked up "caveman diet" and found a site outlining how to cut out the carbs and get down to the basics. It has 3 phases, the first phase you graze on a handful of nuts and fruit 4 times during the day, and then have a big feast at night (anything you want, pizza, or fast food, or even home cooked).

Phase 2 is where you eat nothing during the day, except water, and then a big healthy feast at home.

Phase 3 is where you eat healthy all around. The point of phase one and two is to get your body used to the new foods, but also to make you psychologically hate the junk.

So I mixed it up, because I already hate overeating, and I want to get on the right track, since I did it once before. I went with a more calorie wise diet based on what I read. I eat like this:

10:00 - 1 plum, 7 almonds
12:00 - 1 pear, 7 almonds
2:00 - 1 apple, 25 pistachios
4:00 - 1 nectarine, 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds hulled and unsalted
6:00 - 5 strawberries, 1 cup raspberries
8:00 - feast

For my feast I would eat 8oz of beef, and a plate full of vegetables.

Last night I ended up caving in, I don't even want to remember it, all I know is that I need to mix things up. As badly as I wanna do this, fruit and nuts don't excite me. I might have to think of a way to do a more snack/lunch/snack kind of rotation during the day.

So long as I don't go out for food, to restaurants, I'll be okay.

Issaknits
06-26-2013, 02:44 PM
What I like about the plan I'm doing is that there is absolutely no calorie counting involved. I've tried (and failed) with calorie counting in the past because I'd get so obsessed with the numbers and doing everything just so that I'd beat myself up if I went over, even a little. There really isn't that much emphasis on portion sizing either except for a brief "here's the basic info" page of the book where she explains that you need X amount of protien per day, X amount of fat, etc.

Here's what I'm doing today:

8:00 AM - Breakfast. Crustless carrot & zucchini quiche with 2 pieces of baked bacon. 24 oz. of water

10:00 AM - 8 oz. mug of tea, two packets of Sugar in the Raw

12:45 PM - Lunch. 2 bacon wrapped baked chicken thighs (the ones I got were small, so if you lined them up in your hand, they would make a palm-sized to just a little over your palm-sized portion) with leftover salad (the same salad I should have eaten yesterday: mixed greens, cucumber, shredded carrots, grape tomatoes, and sliced olives with 2 tbs. of raspberry vinagarette) 24 oz. of water.

3:00 PM - snack (if I'm hungry, if not, it stays in the drawer) 100 calorie snack pack of unsalted almonds. Definitely another 24-48 oz. of water needs to be had between now and 5 PM.

6:30 PM - Dinner. Tonight is a toss-up between leftover orange braised beef shanks (crock pot meal FTW!) with butternut squash soup or with steamed broccoli and zucchini. Probably the steamed veggies, because I can already tell that I'm not going to feel like roasting butternut squash and then turning it into a soup tonight. It's too hot to turn the oven on! *whine*

After dinner, I'm usually not hungry for the rest of the night. If I do get the case of the munchies, I have an apple with 2 tbs. of almond butter or if I'm craving something sweet, like I am this week, I'll brew up a mug of this chocolate mint tea I found.

Like I said, this is what works for me. If you can keep doing what you're doing because you like your plan, then that's awesome. If you're feeling a bit burnt out, or even just want to shake things up, remember that Paleo is a template, not a set in stone "you must do it this way or else" diet. There are tons of other variations of this lifestyle floating around, you just have to find one that speaks to you that you're sure you can do for a long period of time. :)

Pink Hurricane
07-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Back in the 240s! I weighed in this morning at 249.4 lbs!

It sure does seem quiet overall on 3FC, how was everyone's Independence Day?

Issaknits
07-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Hi, Pink Hurricane! I noticed that too. Maybe people are off doing summer vacation stuff? Had a pretty uneventful 4th, which was really relaxing after the crazy busy stuff going on at work.

242 this morning. I can't seem to stop ping-ponging between 240-244. I did start lifting weights this week, maybe that might have something to do with it?

Pink Hurricane
07-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Issa I know what you mean, because you started lifting weights your muscles might be holding on to water but I am sure you will get a big whoosh soon! Good to hear about you have a relaxing 4th, my husband and I did the same!

BTW what part of TX are you from? I used to live in North Dallas and then Rowlett.

Issaknits
07-06-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm about 6 or 7 (depending on traffic) hours south of Dallas in Victoria.

I forgot that I needed to do some errands today, so I went straight after going to the gym. Kinda got funny looks in the bookstore with my Hot Mess look, but I didn't care. :lol: Really glad that today and tomorrow are my days off from weights, I did back and shoulders last night and boy, can I feel 'em!

Annie on a roll
07-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Can I join? I'm new to this site. I just joined today so even though I am still technically 250, I would hate to join that group for a day or two. I'm hoping to make it to 249.8 in the next day or two.

My name is Annie. I'm doing a modified South Beach style diet which has worked awesome for me in the past. I lost 70 pounds about 5 years ago doing this but unfortunately I have gained almost 100 pounds back. Arghh. I'm sick of the yo-yo and just want to live a healthy lifestyle and stay a healthy weight.

I'm trying to look at the positive. I definitely learned I am an emotional eater. I never thought I was, but I was wrong. Now that I have accepted that and worked on the underlying causes I'm ready to be rid of the excess baggage for good.

I have been depressed about my weight and have felt helpless for too long. I'm done and ready to move on on do something about it.

Thanks. Probably more than anyone wanted to know but I needed to get that off my chest, lol.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and offering support along the way.

Issaknits
07-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Hi Annie and welcome to the site! :welcome:

The scale read 239.8 this morning, but I'm leery. I wasn't feeling 100% yesterday, so I napped the majority of the day away, sleeping through lunch and dinner. I'm hopping this is the whoosh I've been waiting for several weeks to arrive, but my body likes to go "You weighed what yesterday? Oh, I was just kidding, here's those extra pounds back you thought you lost! Wasn't that funny? Ha ha, I'm hillarious that way!"

So yeah, going to cross my fingers, keep up with the gym routine, and hold off on changing my ticker until I get a 239 for several days in a row.

Annie on a roll
07-08-2013, 08:35 AM
My weight was the same today. Yuck. I was really hoping to see 249 but no matter how many times I stepped on the scale it registered 250.2, 250.4, or 250.0. So close yet so far away, lol.

I was only so so over the weekend. I cheated with ice cream both nights so I shouldn't be too surprised. Hopefully I can kick it into gear today and avoid temptation tonight. I need to buy sugar free jello or sugar free candy to take care of the sweet cravings.

How is everyone else doing? I have a busy day today. Crazy summer day with three kids. Lots of errands but hopefully some pool time this afternoon too.

Issaknits
07-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Three kids on summer vacation? You sound like you have your hands full! Have fun at the pool! I've been lazy about doing this, but I used to beat my sweet cravings by sticking fruit in the freezer, not long enough for it to get rock hard, just enough to have a bit of an icy crunch. Grapes were good to do this with, but I bet strawberries or watermelon chunks would be good too.

We had a huge rainstorm come through late last night/early this morning. I woke up around seven to a terrified kitten fluffed out and huddled right next to my face. Now that it's been raining off and on since then, Izzy is doing the "What, me scared of thunder? Obviously you're thinking of another cat" routine. Either way, the rain is certainly welcome! We've been in Stage 2 drought conditions for a couple of weeks now, so any bit of wet helps! (I just wish the weather wouldn't play havoc on my knees! They're sounding all creaky-like!)

And I woke up to 238.6 this morning! Mondays are my usual weigh-ins, so I've decided that this one definitely counts. :carrot:

Pink Hurricane
07-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Annie welcome to the thread!!!! Three kids are definitely something that keeps you going haha! For the last three families I have nannied for it has been with three children and there was never a dull moment! I know what you mean about the scale not budging below 250, I was dealing with that recently and finally got my whoosh, you will get yours too just stick with it! :)

Issa I am so excited for you to be out of the 240s!! I hope to join you super soon! We too have been getting a ton of rain and usually here it is super drought like! And I know where Victoria is, I lived in Texas for five years and loved it!

Annie on a roll
07-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Issa that is awesome weight loss! I'm chugging water to get a whoosh. We are hot and humid today and need rain too. Not as bad as Texas as we had a very wet June, but I want a storm to break the humidity. I love the idea to freeze fruit. I have some grapes and strawberries that I think I will throw in. Mmmm.

Thanks Pink! There is something about 3 kids that multiplies the craziness. When one is somewhere else it's amazing how much calmer it is around here! Luckily my youngest is almost 6 so it's not as crazy as it was a few years ago.

My kids have a pile of new books as we went to the library this morning. Trying to decide it we read in the cool air conditioning this afternoon or swim. The ac may win because it is just so hot. I need to figure out a healthy and cool dinner too. Hmmm.

Issaknits
07-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks you guys! I'll be keeping the door to the 230's propped open for ya'll!

Woo for libraries! I practically grew up in one during summer breaks when I was a kid. Re: the humidity - I overheard two ladies talking as they came into the gym about how hot and sticky it was going to be after all the rain and how they were dreading it, then on the next breath talking about how good a session in the steam room was going to be after their workout.

What I like about where I'm at is that it's roughly two hours from everything. Want to go to San Antonio? Two hours. Austin? Two hours. The beach? Two hours or less, depending on which one you want to go to. There really isn't the "but it's too far" excuse and the highways in between generally make for a scenic drive.

CaliforniaDreamer
07-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi guys :) I'm almost out of the 240s but I still want to post in this thread until I reach 235. I hit a plateau when I was in the 260s and kept fluctuating. I'm just so happy to be closer to 199 than 299! lol I'm hoping to make it to Onederland by the end of this year. It's almost my 21st birthday and I want to be at 235-230 by then.

TooWicky
07-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Hello :) As of this morning, I am 249.5 lbs! I'm thrilled. This is a weight I haven't seen in probably 6 years, maybe longer.

I'm finally feeling a bit less ungainly, so my goal this week is to START EXERCISING which I hate to do. I have a recumbent bike that is currently serving as folded laundry storage ><

I'm an apple shape and I'm really hoping losing another 10 lbs will help with my silhouette issues.

Nice to meet everyone!

fadedbluejeans
07-16-2013, 01:04 PM
All right, I have had enough of this. I was becoming discouraged after not losing any weight for 6 weeks. Well, now I have gained nearly 4 pounds over the past 2 weeks, despite sticking to my plan!
So, new plan.
To get back on track with my Christmas time goal, I need to be 232 by August 6 (my halfway point). In order to make a serious dent in those 12 pounds over the next 3 weeks, I am going to do the following things:
1. drop to less than 1500 high quality calories per day.
2. get in at least 10,000 steps (or 5 miles on the bike) per day
3. go to bed no later than 10 pm every night
Ok, my 21-day challenge starts...now!

TooWicky
07-17-2013, 06:25 PM
I was very excited to still be in the 240s at my official weekly weigh-in this week (Tuesdays,) but just barely, at 249lbs! I know it's rather silly, but I'm still in shock to see 240-anything on the scale. I'm so happee.

I went out to eat yesterday and today for lunch. I literally have no idea how many calories I consumed. I tried to make smarter choices. One lunch was an Asian buffet and I somehow summoned the wherewithall to only eat veggies, steamed rice, and fruit. I think I actually teared up and stared longingly at the chocolate fountain at the dessert bar, lol, sad!!

I'm trying to establish two new habits now that I'm in the 240s - calorie counting and the dreaded EXERCISING, gah. The day before yesterday I did the recumbent bike for 10 minutes, but I flaked doing it yesterday (not particularly proud of myself.) I have not exercised for a very long time and I'm embarrassingly out of shape. I straight up admire y'all for commitment to exercising!

smashlers
07-18-2013, 12:00 PM
I am chugging right a long. I had a HUGE plateau... Like the whole month of June huge. I have been down for the last 2 weeks though, so I am excited about that. I weigh in tomorrow and am hoping for a nice drop once again. These bodies are NUTS!

fadedbluejeans
07-20-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm finally out of here! See you all in the 230's!!

TooWicky
07-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Congrats, Fadedbluejeans!!

I'm still hovering at about 248 at the moment. It's that TOM and I feel enormous, although I'm doing well with eating the appropriate amount of calories. My official weigh-in is Tuesday and I'd be thrilled to drop one more pound by then, but I'm not sure I'll get that. I might even gain, but I hope not.

smashlers, I had a 2 week plateau earlier in my weight loss journey when I was at 17 lbs. lost. I have to tell you it was excruciating. I lived in mortal fear of my completely quitting dieting altogether. Somehow, I pushed through. Fantastic that your plateau has passed and you are losing! I have quite a bit of weight to lose and it's going to take a long time. I assume I'll encounter quite a few plateaus along the way and I'm not looking forward to it -.-

wannaskipandlaugh
07-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Ok.. there are bunch of us going to start flooding this thread and I am so happy its only a 10 lb Der!!! Yeah.. Won't stay in here as long!

I made it to 249.5 and am going to stay here... CAUSE I am not going back up to the 250's NOT GONNA NOT GONNA!

HELLO ALL glad to join you! There really are a bunch of lovely people who are coming really soon if not today (Punkrocksong!!!!) :)

TooWicky
07-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Yay!! New friends :) :) I was 246 lbs this morning, so I will be here for a while.

wannaskipandlaugh
07-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Sue! I am so happy for you!!! Just had to pop over here to tell you that.

Great job!!!

Positive Attitude.. Oh gosh you just gave me a terrific smile and hug.. Thank you for the congrats... PLEASE COME SOON!!

wannaskipandlaugh
07-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Yay!! New friends :) :) I was 246 lbs this morning, so I will be here for a while.

Hi Toowicky!!! Its very nice to meet you... But I bet you are not here long!... But in the meantime I will enjoy our posts... and any encouragement or butt kicking.. I need I will ask and will also send along if needed! LETS do this and get to the next double decade thread!!

wannaskipandlaugh
07-23-2013, 07:46 PM
The best thing about this thread.. issssssssssss I AM CLOSER TO 200 THAN 300 YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D

smashlers
07-24-2013, 07:49 AM
I am a little bit up this morning but hoping it will work its self out by friday, my official weigh day. I got several comments from people at work the other day, saying that they notice that I have lost recently... Its silly, but those little comments really keep me motivated! I was on a huge plateau for over a month around June, so I have lost about 6 lbs since then, and it feels great. Just really trrying to keep my eating and cravings in check.

Today I find out if I got a new job or not.. Pretty exciting.

wannaskipandlaugh
07-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Yeah Smashlers... I hope that that New JOB is a definite! and it is so nice to hear good comments from people. It is an acknowledgement of your hard work! Horayyy!!

I am down another 1/2 lb so 249 YEAH for me.. and that means I am still in the loss mode... Hopefully for a few more days as it only happens once a month that I lose bigtime!

Have a great day you all!!!

wannaskipandlaugh
07-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Hello and Good Morning... Its a good day (weight wise) I am down another 1/2 to 248.5 OH SO HAPPY!!!!!

Funny thing.. is ... last night looking in the mirror... I actually do see a change in my body. My arms all of a sudden look slimmer and my upper waist has gone down to my chest bones and my leg dimples are alot smaller and alot more shallower..... I did not look that way on Sunday... It just amazes me to see the physical changes! Gives me a HAPPY Spring in my step! I am going to do it this time I really am and I believe even more in myself ! AH... I hope you all have a wonderful NSV today!!!!

punkrocksong
07-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Hi Sue -hopefully I will be joining you tomorrow, fingers crossed. It is funny the changes you notice all of the sudden. I just noticed yesterday by shelf butt is gone - I still have a rather large rear, but there is a nice curve there now. And I have a definitive waist which is pretty exciting.

Hi Smashlers and Wicky...hoping to move in tomorrow after my weigh in tomorrow.

TooWicky
07-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Happy Thursday :flow1: !

Congratulations everyone on the changing shapes you and others are seeing!

I work in retail and I stopped by the store I work in to do some school shopping for my children - several co-workers commented that I look like I had lost weight. So happee! One of my managers is a larger lady as well. She's rocking out weight loss plus she loves to exercise. Everyone is behind our efforts there and it's so wonderful for the support irl (in real life) and also on here - can't thank each and every one of you enough.

Might be another 1/2 lb down, but it's hard to tell if I'll bounce back up. My official weigh in days are Tuesdays. I had a terrible (and also whiny) day yesterday trying to stay within my allotted calories, but I did it even though I mumbled curse words under my breath the entire day. Today has been much easier.

Looking forward to seeing you here punkrocksong :)

wannaskipandlaugh
07-25-2013, 11:30 PM
HEY Punkrocksong... I want to be the first to :welcome2: you to this thread on a permanent basis!!!! LOL and :D....

But I know we will still visit the other one.. Those friends of ours over there, I hope come on in really soon and I see 2 new friends joined over there too! Woo Hoo.. We really have a good crowd in our general weight range Heck Yeah!

punkrocksong
07-26-2013, 09:26 AM
It's official - even though I'm miserable and currently retaining water I was at 246.4 this morning. I felt like I was in that last thread for like ever...but I guess there are worse places to get stuck. And of course we'll visit - those are our peeps!

It may seem counter-productive, but I'm going to celebrate with a steak from Texas Roadhouse tomorrow. A lovely medium rare 6 oz. steak. I haven't had a steak in over 2 months. Actually a 6 oz. steak and steamed broccoli isn't that bad for you, I just feel a little guilty about it, but not enough to pass it up!

Too Wicky - your coworkers sound much cooler than mine. I have a couple supportive people at work including a woman who lost almost a hundred lbs., but I get a lot of kind of mean backhanded compliments from some of my staff - I just try to let it roll off of me though...I just keep telling myself I'm doing this for me and the size 10 skinny jeans I hope to wear some day.

wannaskipandlaugh
07-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Happy Thursday :flow1: !

Congratulations everyone on the changing shapes you and others are seeing!

I work in retail and I stopped by the store I work in to do some school shopping for my children - several co-workers commented that I look like I had lost weight. So happee! One of my managers is a larger lady as well. She's rocking out weight loss plus she loves to exercise. Everyone is behind our efforts there and it's so wonderful for the support irl (in real life) and also on here - can't thank each and every one of you enough.

Might be another 1/2 lb down, but it's hard to tell if I'll bounce back up. My official weigh in days are Tuesdays. I had a terrible (and also whiny) day yesterday trying to stay within my allotted calories, but I did it even though I mumbled curse words under my breath the entire day. Today has been much easier.

Looking forward to seeing you here punkrocksong :)

TooWicky.... It sure is nice to hear good words of acknowledgement from co-workers! LOVELY! and I think curse words burn calories... At least that is what I was told! LOLOLOL Have a great Friday!!

punkrocksong
07-27-2013, 12:15 AM
If swearing burns calories I should be a double zero!

I was talking to my best friend of 11 years today and she pointed out this is officially the least I've weighed since we met. On one hand it's a little depressing, but on the other it's exciting that I'm smaller now than I was at 24!

TooWicky
07-27-2013, 01:55 AM
I'm super psyched. Today I bought my first new garment since losing weight... and it was a new brassiere!! Same cup size but smaller band size and a new style/contour. It makes my whole silhouette look suddenly better. Best first purchase I could have made.

I had lost 2 more lbs. when I weighed this morning, but I don't know if it's legit or just a one day thing. Will have to see how it shakes out.

I'm somewhat bummed at how I am looking while losing weight. I don't straight up look like a deflating bounce house, but I definitely look like a distant cousin of one. This is total bs, lol.

wannaskipandlaugh
07-28-2013, 11:33 AM
If swearing burns calories I should be a double zero!

I was talking to my best friend of 11 years today and she pointed out this is officially the least I've weighed since we met. On one hand it's a little depressing, but on the other it's exciting that I'm smaller now than I was at 24!

Well WOOHOO Punk... Your friend noticed on top of it and has made you an important thing in her life be remembering that weight too! That is an NSV in my book...!! I can't believe how smashing you are doing! LORD.. you flew right past me with your loss of weight.. I was wondering where that breeze came from! HOW did the steak taste? Yummy? and I bet it did not make a lick of difference in your weight either (no sugar!!!!!) LOL :D
Now we need to get a few more from the last thread down here!!!

I am down another lb too to 247.5 and I sure do hope that we stay in this thread less than 3 weeks... if not shorter!.... :)

wannaskipandlaugh
07-28-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm super psyched. Today I bought my first new garment since losing weight... and it was a new brassiere!! Same cup size but smaller band size and a new style/contour. It makes my whole silhouette look suddenly better. Best first purchase I could have made.

I had lost 2 more lbs. when I weighed this morning, but I don't know if it's legit or just a one day thing. Will have to see how it shakes out.

I'm somewhat bummed at how I am looking while losing weight. I don't straight up look like a deflating bounce house, but I definitely look like a distant cousin of one. This is total bs, lol.

Good Loss Toowicky!! and our "fat" moves around and fills in - in the places that it had disappeared.. give it time and you will see the difference in that mirror! I finally saw slimmer arms and chest area (besides the always showing face) just last week after losing 50+ lbs... I can now finally see a difference... New smaller clothes and measurements sure to prove that we are doing it right! Keep with it!

wannaskipandlaugh
07-29-2013, 09:00 AM
Well gosh... Not too many talkers in this thread .... Okay.. So I will hyjack it! LOL

I am up 1/2 lb and did not eat more than 900 calories yesterday... So that is probably the reason... Not enough to eat and salty Bacon for breakfast on top of that... Or I have had my week of major loss for the month and now back to the up/down up/down up/down that happens for the other 3 weeks... Lets see... I sure DO want to lose at least 1.5 lb more by the end of the month so I show at least a 7+ lb loss for the month.. I seem to be sticking to 6 - 6.5 a month for the last 2 months prior... Argh.. Takes patience!!!

punkrocksong
07-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Sorry Sue about not being around...this is the first time I've sat at my computer since Friday. I had an incredibly busy weekend! Next weekend I don't want to do anything.

On one had I'm really happy with my progress, but on the other hand I didn't really want to be losing weight this quickly. My stomach and inner thighs are kind of gross because I lost weight really fast and unevenly so there are these dimply fat deposits and loose skin - I look a lot better in clothes, but I almost feel more self-conscious naked now...it is a very strange process. I know, I shouldn't complain and I know rationally it will all even out (hopefully), but patience was not a virtue I was blessed with.

Toowicky - I've lost almost 65 lbs. and I just really started to notice the difference in the last few weeks. Congrats on the bra! I went a little ghetto and sewed some bra extenders on the outside of my bras for the time being. My bras are over $50 a piece, so I've been waiting until I get to a 36/38 before buying a new one - at a 40 now. Much like how weight lose isn't linear, it's not even either. I've been losing very unevenly, but from everything I've read your body will eventually catch up to the changes, things will even out and tighten up with time. I don't know if I'll ever wear a bikini, but I do eventually see a one piece in my future.

TooWicky
07-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi everyone! I think I'm down even another half pound today to 243 1/2. My official weigh-in day is tomorrow morning - Tuesday. I lost 3 lbs last week; if I lose 3 lbs again this week, I'm going to up my calories a little to slow things down a bit. I feel more comfortable losing no more than 2 lbs per week for some weird reason. My scale measures to the half pound. I'm seriously considering getting the scales that measure to the 2/10th of a pound, but I don't know if that's ridiculous or if a lot of people here use them.

Wannaskipandlaugh, being patient is the worst, ugh. Having to lose so much weight and yielding 8 lbs per month weight loss max means a loooooong time til goal. I find this very frustrating.

punkrocksong, no kidding about the expense of bras, what a pain! That was very resourceful of you to use extenders. I went from a 42 to a 40 where I am now, too. I also switched from a minimizer style to a more shaping/uplifting style. I felt the minimizing did my particular figure no favors, although I have worn that style for years and years. I have an apple shape. I love this new one so much. I may go ahead and get it in the smaller band size because every time I get a favorite, it gets discontinued!!

fairandfree
07-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Hit Hit 249.2lbs last week, and this morning I was down to 246lbs! I only weigh once a week. Eat healthy, exercise, all that good stuff. Am feeling great about myself and my future right now.

:D

(edited to fix inability to type correctly)!

wannaskipandlaugh
07-29-2013, 09:02 PM
""On one had I'm really happy with my progress, but on the other hand I didn't really want to be losing weight this quickly. My stomach and inner thighs are kind of gross because I lost weight really fast and unevenly so there are these dimply fat deposits and loose skin - I look a lot better in clothes, but I almost feel more self-conscious naked now...it is a very strange process. I know, I shouldn't complain and I know rationally it will all even out (hopefully), but patience was not a virtue I was blessed with.."" From Punkrocksong message

Punk... Oh I know those dimples and creases and loose skin. Yikes.. my inner thighs wack each other when I walk so you can imagine walking down the hallway at the law office I work at... Gotta walk sllllooooowwwwwllllyyyyy LOLOLOL But that skin (in your case) will tighten up!!!!! and those dimples will disappear and smooth out. Mine have gotten alittle shallower so here's hoping that they do disappear... BUT I hope that you stick around at least 10 days or so... I am trying my best to keep up with you! You are just "Busting" it as IAN says! :)

:welcome2: fairandfree! Congrats to you losing 26 lbs! Horaaayyyyyy!!!!
Glad you have joined us!

TooWicky... I wish I could lose 3 lbs a week... I see all the wonderful people losing weight so fast and I am averaging 1.5 a week.. which is good.. just want it faster... But I know how you feel ... Sometimes losing so much so fast its hard for the body to keep up and the mind too!... Whatever you decide... we are here for you!

GLAD I did not have to Hijack this thread for too long... I think you all woulda gotten mesmerized by my soliquies :rofl:

cleancowgirl
07-30-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm new here on the thread. I am finally down a couple more pounds. I just bought a fitbit from ebay and got it today. I can't wait to get it started and hopefully it will motivate me to exercise more and I can move on to the 230's.

fairandfree
07-31-2013, 01:18 AM
Blush, er, down to 246, I meant to say. Typing and I don't always get on too well!

wannaskipandlaugh
07-31-2013, 09:02 AM
Yeah fairandfree! Good for you getting down to 246... I am right behind you.. down to 247 today after weighing in at 250 yesterday (Made me MAD!!!)

Cleancow Glad to have you join us! We are all going to the 230's, I hope before the end of August... That is my wish! and you all will get there sooner than I (I am an older person... so slower losing.. but steady!)

It is heartening that this thread is only 10 lbs long YEAH!!!

Punkrock.. How are you doing today? TooWicky..? How was your official Tuesday weigh in? Are you out of the 240's? Let us know!

Have a great day all!!!

Llilith
07-31-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi Everyone! So excited I just had to share. I finally got under 240 today! 239.6 this morning. That means I've met my first mini goal, now for my next journey to 220. I'm taking it in small steps to make it more managable - meeting the first goal feels so good :carrot:

fairandfree
07-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Yay, congratulations, Llilith! I can't imagine how good it felt meeting that first mini-goal, definitely can't wait to get to mine!

TooWicky
07-31-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi Llilith, congratulations on being in the 230's :) :) :) !!

fairandfree, fantastic weight loss this week, you must be delighted!

cleancowgirl, welcome, and nice to meet you. Let us know how the fitbit is working for you. I'm a massive exercise and activity fail. I got on the recumbent bike for 10 minutes, like, 2 weeks ago, ugh, lol. I'm super hoping I dig deep and find some motivation to get an exercise regimen started, however lame :)

wannaskipandlaugh, yay for being 247, very solidly in the 240s :)

I did have my official weekly weigh in yesterday, and I came in at 243.5, so a 2 lbs loss from last week. I bounced down another pound as of this morning, but as I always say, I'm not sure if it's legit or the normal ups/downs during the week, and I'll have to wait and see if it holds over the next few days.

I ran out of bottled water this morning. This means I will have to drink SINK WATER. The horror!! I think I'm traumatized, lol.

Llilith
07-31-2013, 02:09 PM
I have such a hard time with exercise too. I really don't want to do it LOL. Lately I have been using an exercise ball at my desk instead of a chair and bounce dancing around while I work. I figure what the hey, I'm burning some calories for sure.

LOL at the sink water, I spruce mine up with crystal lite and it's tolerable.

cleancowgirl
07-31-2013, 03:32 PM
Okay so loving the fit bit!! I went for my walk this morning. I usually walk about 2.5 miles currently at the high school track and walked over 7000 steps! They recommend on the site to walk 10,000 daily. It wakes me up in the morning too with an alarm and records my sleep. I work up 11 times during the night, dh says we need a better mattress but no wonder some mornings I am so tired. Any who very cool gadget. Weight is the same at 247.6. Off to mow the grass so I can get my 10000 steps in!

punkrocksong
08-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Hi all! It's been a weird week to say the least. I found out I have an ulcer (which very could have inadvertently helped with the weight loss), so my doctor is telling me to eat all of these foods to help coat my stomach which I have avoided like the plague for the past 4 months. She also told me I can't eat all of the yummy acidic foods I have been eating. So I'm meeting with my dietician on Friday to try and find a solution. So, I know why I've been losing weight so quickly...I have a hole in my stomach! Literally.

It's not the end of the world, and I'm glad the mystery these horrible stomach cramps has been solved. Some antibiotics and some other meds and I'll be good as new by the end of the month.

Congrats on the 230's Lilith - that must be very exciting!!! I hope to get there some day!

TooWicky...congrats on 242.5! You're almost ready to leave and I just go here...I suppose that is how this thread goes though. And lol about the sink water...I get kind of pouty myself when I run out of filters.

Sue...I'm sure you'll make it to the 230's by the end of August...I would imagine August in Florida is a truly miserable experience and I don't think I would personally want to eat anything!

Cleancowgirl - Congrats on joining the new thread!!! And definitely congrats on the exercise...I've been a little slack in that department lately...but I think I have a valid excuse for once.

Llilith
08-01-2013, 01:05 PM
It's tough when we have to battle ourselves, but it feels good to take a look at the stress and struggle through with a level head. Any other day I would say screw it, instantly, and go grab some McDonalds.

We're allowed to slip up, we're human, we have to knowledge that and keep on!

That's exactly right. Even if we slip up, I think the trick is not to let the shame of that derail you. I say call it what it is and move on. This time, I finally feel like the rewards are worth more than that momentary satisfaction.

I've also found ways to enjoy the foods I love regularly. Like I LOVE pizza - so I learned that the delite veggie pizza from Papa Murphys is an ok part of my meal plans. I can have three pieces for about 600 calories. That's a totally OK dinner in my opinion. And we have it about once a week. It's enough so that I don't splurge on a really bad pizza from somewhere else and go off track.

I really enjoy a sweet treat at night, so I've been buying the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, which are only 140 calories.

I love love love juice, so I switched to Crystal Lite. Probably not as good as straight water, but it works for me.

This time around I'm giving myself about 1400 calories a day and I find that is doable without feeling too deprived.

What I'm really worried about is when I have to do it alone. Right now I'm taking phentermine, which really kills my appetite. But it's not very good for you and my Dr. said I can only take it for three months. I hope to taper off of it and that my new habits will stick when I'm done with it. My stomach has shrunk, so that's a plus - it takes much less to fill me up these days.

I think it's about making small changes that we can live with instead of white knuckling it through a really deprived and strict eating pattern. At least I hope so. :)

Llilith
08-01-2013, 01:25 PM

That is so kickass, congrats! I feel like my clothes fit better lately too. And, lots of things are easier. Here's a fun benefit of losing some weight - sex is better haha! It's pretty funny cause I use the Loseit app to log my calories and exercise. Sexual Activity is one of the exercises listed. I had to customize it because my daughters have Loseit accounts too and it would freak them out to see that. So, I log that under Luge LOL (you know, the olympic sport? lol). I'm waiting for one of them to say wth Mom, you LUGE? :D

TooWicky
08-01-2013, 01:39 PM
SINKWATER, DAY 2: My water consumption has decreased markedly. I had a Diet Coke plus a huge glass of Crystal Light yesterday. The sweet drinks triggered salty snack cravings. Suffice it to say, I am up half a pound this morning owing to some needless late night eating. Can't wait to go to the grocery store tomorrow so I can pick up some bottled water.

Llilith, just wanted to comment that I am budgeting calorie amounts right around what you are! I'm sort of informally going for no more than 1400 (I end up around 1300 usually.)

punkrocksong, good grief I'm so sorry to hear about your ulcer! It must have been so frustrating to have stomach cramps and not know what was causing it, so I'm glad they determined what it was.

cleancowgirl
08-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Punkrocksong- Hope your ulcer feels better soon. Did your doctor talk to you about taking Carafate. It is a med and you take it 30 min before you eat and it will coat your stomach, such as a lining. You still need to stay away from the acidic foods, but it may help with the pain. I'm a nurse in case you were wondering.

Scale is going down some more weighed in this morning at 246.9. I walked 3 miles today and tonight off to the gym with dh.

punkrocksong
08-01-2013, 08:34 PM
I have my follow-up next week, and I will definitely bring that med up - thanks! I'm not overly optimistic about my weight lose this week as the only thing I've been able to keep down is oatmeal, ice cream, and yogurt - not exactly a well balanced diet. It's all good though - my paranoia about my rapid weight lose was turning my thoughts to cancer and tape worms...so out of all the options I imagined, I'm really OK with the ulcer.

Lilith - LOL about the sex - I guess I do forget that particular activity does burn calories.

Cleancowgirl - I've been trying to talk my husband into letting me get one of those fitbit thingies...he is the cheapest man alive though and we made this stupid deal a decade ago that if it's more than $50 bucks we have to run it by each other. He thinks it would be a waste of money...perhaps I can use your testimony to help me with my plight!

TooWicky - I am very excited about my grocery shopping tomorrow as well. I used to hate going but going shopping Friday nights and to the farmer's market on Saturday mornings is pretty much my favorite part of the week (sadly enough).

mssngheart
08-02-2013, 01:06 AM
Hi i have been 245 for the past five months and it is driving me insane. I go to the gym everyday but food is just soo good. My goal is to reach the 230's by September. :woops:

CrazyCatWoman
08-02-2013, 03:15 AM
I've been losing weight steadily but seem stuck now in the 240's for a while so thought I'd just pop by! I'm getting a bit fed up with them, though I know I have good company.....

wannaskipandlaugh
08-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Happy Friday all! May we all have alot of laughs and joy today!!!

:welcome: mssngheart! and :welcome2: Crazycatwoman.. (I have 5 of my own or they own me?!) :rofl:
Don't plan on sticking here for long... we are heading down to the 230's!!! as fast as we can :)

Punk... Oh gosh my friend.. An Ulcer.. OUCH and Double Ouch.. and I am glad that they found teh cause of your pains and it is so great that the antibiotics will take care of it (its only been a short while that they found it was a virus causing that) Oh so happy that you WILL be feeling better!

Cleancow and the Fitbit! :) Sounds like you are going to have fun with that! :)

Lillith.. LOL on that loseit account... What you kids could find out about their parents LOLOLOLOL

TooWIcky... Sink water is only good when you can cover up the taste with ex: Crystal Light Margareta packets!! LOL I hope you got your bottled water!! (Me too... I go thru 2 gals a week)

I am back down to 247.. and am in my weeks of up/down up/down for awhile.. :(... But I am hoping that my lemon water will maybe cause at least a lb to leave the building this weekend! Not hoping STATING.. sorry.. gotta change my mind frame! POSITIVITY!!!! LOL

Hugs to all :)

punkrocksong
08-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Thanks Sue! I actually feel a lot better than I did earlier this week - I already know my weigh in this week will probably be a disaster as I feel kind of bloated, but this isn't a race and if I didn't lose this week I'm not going to freak out.

Congrats to you on 247 - hopefully we chug right on through this thread!

Welcome CrazyCat - we've downsized on cats over the years from four to two. My husband is the cat lover, I'm more of a dog girl myself. The fact that our cats hate me might have something to do with that.

I hope you get unstuck soon!

mssngheart - welcome and I understand that love of food! My goal has been to try eat in moderation, which I know is easier said than done.

punkrocksong
08-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Well...I lost 1.4 lbs. I suppose it's better than nothing!

jennybutler357
08-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone!

I saw this thread and thought joining it might give me the extra motivation I need to actually get down to the 240s in the first place! Hope it's ok to join y'all!

I'm Jenny, mom of 3, and I just started really really going for this on July 1st. I weigh myself every monday which helps me think healthy over the weekend and not just blow it on the bad stuff I've avoided all week. But, I totally agree with Llilith on the treats, it makes sense to have a treat now and again otherwise all we can think about is what we can't have!

Also Llilith, I'm on phentermine too, how are you finding it? I have taken it before but that time I really didn't make the most of it. I am more determined now but I didn't really feel the energy kicking in like I was told I would. So I started taking a supplement which helps boost the phentermine and now I have so much energy! This time round I feel so different and I'm even exercising which is something I never imagined I would do, and I actually enjoy it to! Do you do any exercise because lots of people have told me that with phentermine it really helps you maintain the loss afterwards.

I so want a fitbit too cleancowgirl, having those 10,000 steps to aim for will really motivate me I think!

Happy Friday everyone!

cleancowgirl
08-02-2013, 02:16 PM
PUNK-You got to get one, do you have a birthday, anniversary or anything coming up? Yesterday I walked 7500 steps on my morning walk and then went to the gym doing the elliptical up to 45 min now! I did some weight training for 40 and another 10 minutes on the treadmill waiting for dh to finish his workout and the total was 15,750 steps! weight is down another 1.5 pounds down to 245.4 so I am over 30pounds lost. This thing is just so addicting.
Welcome JENNY!

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND EVERYONE!

punkrocksong
08-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Oooo - my birthday is Tuesday...and he's always saying he never knows what to get me!

wannaskipandlaugh
08-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Sounds like FITBIT is the Bomb! and a great Birthday Present! WOO HOO :) Glad for you Clean Cow and Punk... wow even with an Ulcer inflamation and diet change - Look what happened to you ! Well :woohoo: !!

and :welcome2: Jenny!!

I have to say.. there was a time that this thread was silent as crickets.. I LOVE THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE! I thrive on it! Thank you for making my days better all!!! NOW Lets get to 239!!!! ASAP!! or as fast as we can without hurting ourselves!! :))) :D

punkrocksong
08-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Thanks Sue!!! We just roll on through and take over all the threads...lol.

Welcome Jenny - I could use a boost of energy myself! I just haven't been feeling motivated to do much exercise the last couple of weeks aside from taking my dog for a walk in the evening - and more of out of necessity than will.

I understand my husband's hesitation...I tend to get bored with things quickly...I have a box of exercise equipment/DVD's that I purchased over the past few months that have never really been used. I'm always trying new things and he doesn't want me dropping a $100 bucks on something I may or may not use. Maybe I'll take my eBay money and get one.

punkrocksong
08-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Oh...and don't you all love the new pic of my baby! It just captures her personality so well. I love my little Daisy bear so much!

TooWicky
08-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Hello CrazyCatWoman, jennybutler257, and Mssngheart :wave:

punkrocksong, congratz on the weight loss, that's most definitely something!

I'm back on bottled water as of yesterday around lunch time, amg, I'm so happee. I swear I could taste the sink water even though I flavored it with some Crystal Light knock-off powder.

This morning I weighed 241, but I'm still going to wait until my official weigh-in day (Tuesday) to update my ticker/profile. Every day I am trying really really hard to keep staying within my allotted calories. My efforts to exercise are less successful. You ladies posting about walking, moving, and grooving are helping enormously, though! I hope next time I post here I will have gotten back on the recumbent bike. At least, that's my goal, lol.

I bought a new pair of stretchy black pants and was able to go down to a 1X from a 2X. It's keeping me motivated! I'm trying to be smart and make versatile purchases that will stay with me a while. I also bought one new blouse and was able to go down to a 2X from a 3X. I might actually throw a party if/when I ever get to shop in the Misses Department!!

Good luck, everyone, and come on 230s!!

CrazyCatWoman
08-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Thank you all for these welcomes.

Okay, I'm at 241 so I hope to be in the 230's soon. This Fitbit sounds really good - I am not sure if it is available here in Finland yet. Maybe I have to check ebay.

wannaskipandlaugh
08-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Punk.... Your Daisy Bear is a Cutie Pie! :)

punkrocksong
08-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Thanks Sue...I know I talk about her more than I should. I just have never had a dog before and this last year with her has been a great adventure!

This is going to be a tough week for me. My birthday is tomorrow, some friends are taking me out to lunch on Friday because I have the day off, Saturday is birthday dinner with the in-laws, and Sunday is my niece's birthday party (we have the same birthday). Eating this week may be a challenge. I try not to make a big deal out of my diet to people, especially since my family has yet to mention anything - but my friends are supportive so hopefully at least Friday we can go somewhere where everything isn't cooked in oil or deep fried.

TooWicky
08-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Good morning!

congratulations, CrazyCatWoman, woo hoo!! 230s are soooo close!

punkrocksong, the pic of your puppy is straight adorable :)

I weighed in at 240 today, and I'm having lots of emotions about it. I know that's still Obese level II per the BMI chart, but I never ever even thought I could lose 35 lbs to get to 240! I guess I am really doing this. I am so happy I joined this forum. My resolve has increased exponentially since I became a member here.

Well at least 4 other ladies at my work are now overtly trying to lose weight. I may have helped kickstart the interest, but I'm not sure. I suddenly have been getting a lot of comments in the last couple of weeks about how I look as though I have lost weight. One of the ladies is using exercise, one is using protein shakes, one is using a prescription from her doctor, and I don't know what the other gal is doing. We are all taking our own unique path toward a goal.

Hope everyone is doing well :)

fairandfree
08-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Second week in this thread, but down 1.8 lbs from last week so I am getting there! :D

jennybutler357
08-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Hey ladies, how is everyone doing today?! Thanks for all the welcomes, you are all so sweet!!

A huge well done to crazycatwoman and toowicky - it's great to acknowledge the milestones as we go along, sometimes it can be hard when your final goal seems so far but every victory should be celebrated and that's what will keep us going! Congratulations!!!

Happy Birthday for tomorrow punkrocksong!!!! Eating out is a total minefield I think, but I've read tons of good tips about having a plan of attack when you go into a restaurant, and they said to always ask about cooking methods, go for sauce on the side, ask for healthy substitutes if you can, and things like sharing say 3 healthier main dishes between 4 or 5 of you can help as you get a variety which satisfies your brain and eyes and you eat less than a full main course. I've got some friends meals out this week too so I was looking for tips!!

I had my weigh-in today and I'm down 5lbs since last Monday to 247, so I'm so so happy to be under 250, and that's 16lbs in 5 weeks!!!

By next Monday I want to be under 245, so that's my mini-goal for this week. Id love to hear about all your mini goals and victories!!

Llilith
08-05-2013, 07:23 PM
jennybutler357 - wow we are very similar on starting weight and goals :-) Welcome and good luck to you! We can do this, I know it.

The phentermine is great to help me lose, but I am really worried about when I can't take it anymore. I wish there was something safe to take long term that has the same appetite killing effect without the heart killing effect. Without it, I find myself obsessed by food. My hope is that the new habits I'm cultivating now are going to stick even without the medicine. I am sure enjoying the results - I can tell when I look in the mirror that I am smaller and today I was able to use the last hook on my bra.

Here's my dream - I want to walk into Victoria's Secret and buy a bra!!! They don't have them in big momma sizes, so I have never been able to. I wonder how much more I'll have to lose to get to that point. It will be a good day!!

punkrocksong - Happy early Bday. I hope you get the fitbit. Let me know how you like it, I was thinking about getting one myself. Awww, Daisy bear. I can totally relate. Nikko is my BEST friend. You don't talk about him too much - LOL @ me - my Nikko has a facebook page. :) I can't believe it's possible to love a pet this much. He is so wonderful. About dinner out: lately hubby and I have been doing sushi a lot. They have a great shrimp/scallop stir fry and sushi isn't that high in calories either. I am able to do dinner out at our local Japanese/Sushi restaurant and stay on track. Another good one is a Mongolian Grill - cause you choose all of your stuff and then they cook it. No mystery about what's in there.

wannaskipandlaugh - I agree - it's so cool to have this forum and thread. It helps me stay on track to read about how others are doing.

TooWicky - that's awesome about your pants! I had ordered some new leggings before I lost some and they are TOO BIG. Right now I'm washing them in hot water and gonna dry them a lot to see if they shrink. Hubby is the one who told me they were too big when we were going out on Friday. It's pretty cool that he noticed! I hear you about shopping in a different department - wanna come to Victoria's Secret with me in a few months? LOL
I was looking at the obese level charts too, and I'll be so happy when I go down to a new level! Good for you on kickstarting others at work, that's awesome!

punkrocksong
08-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Lilith...OMG...he is adorable! Daisy would never go for the costume...she likes to be free! Is he a frenchy?

I can't wait to buy a bra at Victoria's Secret! I got a little ways to go though...I'm getting old, I need something to help the girls stay up!

jenny - way to go!!! You had a big whoosh! My goal is to not gain any weight this week.

fairandfree - congrats on your loss as well! That's a good amount for a week.

toowicky - WAY TO GO ON 240! I guess that means you'll be moving on pretty soon. On the one hand I like that this thread is only 10 lbs. but on the other hand I feel like I don't get to know some of the people as well as on the 20 lbs. threads. I mean two really good weeks and you can just roll on through this puppy.

I keep shocking myself. I was amazed after I lost 20 lbs., flabbergasted at 30 lbs., in near disbelief at 40 lbs., starting to accept that I was really doing this at 50 lbs., and now after 65 lbs. I can't believe what I've accomplished with the support of the fine ladies (and men) on here. Props to Sue who really helped motivate me with the last twenty or so!

So this is how my birthday dinner with my parents and my aunt is going to go:

Mom: Where do you want to eat?

Me: I wouldn't mind trying place X...they have some healthier options.

Mom: Well I really wanted to try Place Y - their [insert deep fried food here] is supposed to be delicious.

Me: Well, I've been trying to watch my weight.

Aunt: It's just one meal - I don't really like Place X

Mom: Yeah - I don't have any coupons for Place X

Dad: I don't care where we eat...just make up your [insert expletive here] mind.

Then they all stare pointedly at me...

Me: I guess we can try Place Y

And then my mother hands me my birthday present which will no doubt be a 4X shirt that she got on clearance somewhere.

Scene

CrazyCatWoman
08-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Hi folks,

Mixed feelings -this thread is great and really motivating - but I hit 239 today so am on the move.

Just need to change my ticker.........

See you all soon ???

wannaskipandlaugh
08-06-2013, 08:59 AM
OH PUNK... I hope and wish your birthday present to you are UNDERSTANDING PARENTS!! (Mine are almost carbon copies of yours.. trust me.. its always what THEY want)... SO That is my wish for you! That they listen!!!!!!

But either way HAPPY FANTASTIC SUPERCALIFRAGILISTIC AWESOME HISTORIC MAGNIFICENT BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: AND ANOTHER :woohoo: and a BIRTHDAY HIGH FIVE! too!

and you make me :blush: We are just here for each other! :) :D

bg124
08-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone! I am not officially in this decade yet, but I am less than a lb away so I want to move in early, if that is okay? I am hoping moving on in will keep me focused. I want to say goodbye to the 50s forever! You all are so inspirational!

Plus, I wanted to get in before you all move on. :D Congrats CrazyCatWoman, btw!

Sue I have been reading your posts for months and you are fantastic!

Punk Loved the birthday scene. Family can make things stressful at times for sure. You are a saint to give in on your own birthday. Happy Birthday! :balloons:

TooWicky
08-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Happy Birthday, punkrocksong :hat:

CrazyCatWoman, congratulations on getting into the 230s!!! Fantastic! Hopefully we will join you soon in the 220s/230s thread *fingers crossed*

jennybutler357 and fairandfree, great job on weight loss this week :)

Llilith, I would LOVE to be able to shop at Victoria's Secret!

I'm still at 240 this morning, which was my official weigh-in day of the week, so I get to hang out in the thread a bit longer :) The last several weeks now I have been losing mostly 3 lbs per week. I'm bumping up my calories a little for sure starting today. I'm hungry every day, plus I would be happy with 2 lbs per week weight loss just fine, so some extra food daily would be welcome.

I was craving some junk food the other day so I budgeted for and ate some Burger King (Whopper Junior no cheese no mayo and Value Sized Fries.) It was the biggest waste of a precious 500 calories evar, lol, I instantly regretted it. I was starving a mere hour after I ate it, and it didn't settle on my stomach well. I'm obviously eating at a calorie deficit, so part of that is learning that food is fuel. Before I started dieting, my eating habits were atrocious and I was unable to discern food-as-fuel cues well. Now, because I am eating so much less, I feel energized/hydrated/well fueled when I eat healthy (erm, healthier, lol) foods, and I feel very meh when I eat crappy foods. It's really noticeable!

jennybutler357
08-06-2013, 11:43 AM
punkrocksong, LOL about your birthday scene, my family sounds very similar to yours especially your dad [insert expletive] hahahaha. No but seriously, I hope you have a great birthday and that someone treats you special, you deserve it!!

Llilith - Victorias Secret...that would be an absolute dream to go shop in there!!

I know what you mean about the phentermine, even when I'm doing great and being really motivated I do wonder how much is me and how much are the pills. But, the supplements I'm taking - phen caps - also work as a phentermine alternative, there meant to have the same effects like controlling hunger but they don't have any side effects. I buy them online and you don't need a prescription.

Well done Crazycatwoman, I hope to be joining you soon in the 230s! And TooWicky, you'll be there for sure on your next weigh in - congrats to you both!!!!!

fairandfree
08-06-2013, 01:16 PM
I was going to try a week of weighing in day to day (Because I've never done that sort of thing), and I picked a bad day to start because I KNOW my TOM is lurking round the corner! LOL. I may have to try this some other week then! But maybe it's a good idea to see how my body fluctuates during this specifically?

cleancowgirl
08-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Good morning everyone! Everyone I think is doing really well.

PUNKROCK- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
My weight has been going up and down. But the bright side is I am down to 245.1 which is 1.8 since last week. I have seen more results with the measuring tape though, clothes are looser. I am hoping to be at the low end of 40's by next week.

Llilith
08-06-2013, 03:18 PM
punkrocksong -

He is a french bulldog/pug mix. We call him a frug LOL. So he's named after the head flying monkey from Wizard of Oz. You can't really see it in the pic, but the shirt he is wearing says "the wicked witch is my homegirl" haha, he's so fun - brings so much joy to my life!
I hear ya about "the girls" - some days I just tuck them in my waistband :D:D

I like this thread too, we should keep up with the folks we've met here even if we move on to other threads. I had a brief peek at 237 but went right back up to 239, so I'm sticking around at least until I'm sure I'm solidly in the 230s, and maybe even after - there are nice people in this thread!

:( sad about your Bday dinner - that sucks. Maybe you should just tell Mom you are going out with friends instead. It's hard to stand up for what we need, but super important. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You are worth it!

bg124 - yay, welcome!

jennybutler - I'm gonna have to check those out. It's tough to find a reputable site to buy anything related to Phen, from what I heard. What is the store name where you buy them?

TooWicky - I think I'm gonna go when you do to the 230 thread. I'm kinda bummed cause I'm getting to know folks here in this thread.

I hear ya on the junk food. Once in awhile I splurge on a burger from our local mom and pop place - better than BK in my opinion, it tastes like real food at least. I have noticed that things that are good for me taste much better than they used to. I find myself craving radishes - who woulda thought that the pizza and eclair queen would want radishes? LOL

TooWicky
08-06-2013, 05:12 PM
bg124, Hi :wave: and welcome to the thread, very happy to have you here! I didn't see your post from earlier today.

I have only hit a plateau briefly just once when I was at 17 lbs total lost. I plateaued for 2 weeks. It was sooooo hard to push through and not give up completely, and it was only for 14 days!! I really admire that you persevered.

wannaskipandlaugh
08-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone! I am not officially in this decade yet, but I am less than a lb away so I want to move in early, if that is okay? I have been eyeing this thread for 18 months. I only got into the 40s for about a week in 2012 before I gained back into the 50s. I then hit a 2 month plateau and finally diet fatigue before playing around in the 50s-70s since. I am hoping moving on in will keep me focused. I want to say goodbye to the 50s forever! You all are so inspirational!

Plus, I wanted to get in before you all move on. :D Congrats CrazyCatWoman, btw!

Sue I have been reading your posts for months and you are fantastic!

Punk Loved the birthday scene. Family can make things stressful at times for sure. You are a saint to give in on your own birthday. Happy Birthday! :balloons:

bg124 :welcome2: to you! You are so very well welcome to our group of comers and goers.. but always "Losers" :) and you are sweet to say I had some good posts... Thank you for thinking they were good... I try! :) :hug: to you!

Only Believe
08-07-2013, 12:06 AM
I was about to go to bed but then I remembered today was punkrocksong's birthday!! (today was my dad's birthday too) I hope you had a wonderful day.:bday2you:

punkrocksong
08-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Only Believe - Happy Birthday to your Dad!!!

Lilith - I have a Puggle (pug and beagle mix) - is yours a gluttonous little beast? I'm pretty sure Daisy would eat until she made herself sick if I let her. I'm trying to talk my husband into getting a black French bull dog so Daisy could have a friend.

Cleancowgirl - I've been meaning to buy a tape measurer...I find I can't really judge if something is going to fit me now just by eyeballing it and it would probably come in handy with online shopping. Congrats on the loss!

fairandfree - sorry about your TOM...I feel like a bloated whale during it and I don't think that feeling will ever go away, regardless of how much weight I lose. I don't think I could weigh myself everyday, I already have a mini-anxiety attack on Friday mornings when I do my weigh in.

jenny - thanks!!! My family is unintentionally funny most of the time and my Dad's potty mouth is more out of 40 years as a union worker than because of anger...he just swears a lot.

bg124 - welcome to the madness, I hope your stay is a short one!

toowicky - I got kind of stuck in the 260's briefly, but I haven't had a real plateau yet...that's why I'm so nervous about getting in the two-teens/two-twenties - I haven't been under 210 lbs. in my adult life and I worry if I couldn't make it to onderland when I was a late teen and very active that I won't be able to do it in my mid-thirties and not as active.

Sue - your posts are absolutely fabulous as are you!

I definitely had a Kelly Birthday (as my husband likes to call it)...

I worked 10 1/2 hrs (so birthday dinner has been postponed)
I got home to make turkey burgers only to discover the turkey was bad (after I had already made them) and ate a bag of light popcorn for dinner
I went upstairs to go to the bathroom and came down to find my dog had ripped up her house pillow and there was white cotton fuzz all over the living room
I then went to check my DVR to watch Pretty Little Liars only to discover it hadn't recorded.

My actual birthday usually tends to suck that's why I try to make plans for after...I think I'm cursed or maybe I just tend to focus on this stuff more on my birthday because I get overly optimistic about it every year.

bg124
08-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Good morning everyone! I am no longer on a guest pass...the scale said 49.8 this morning. :goodscale I am so happy to officially be here!

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes: TooWicky, Lillith, and Sue! And Kelly - didn't see your post til I posted.

TooWicky as much as I hate to see you leave, I hope you see those 30s today. :) Thanks for your kind words. I can't call myself a failure if I never give up. This time I just need to practice patience and maybe the plateaus won't last as long.

Jennybutler357 :wave: Hope things are going well.

Fairandfree I go back and forth on the weighing daily thing. I like seeing the trends and keeping an eye on things in case I need to make changes, but it can be frustrated, too. I hear you on TOM. Mine is late so I am hoping it doesn't come in and rain on my parade. I normally lose really slowly so I am enjoying losing like a normal person for a minute. ;)

Cleancowgirl Hope you are having a great day!

Llilith So glad you are hanging out here! Cute doggie!

Sue All of your posts are good, NOT just some!!! :D
:hug: back at ya.

Kelly So sorry your special day wasn't so great. I tend to not have high expectations for my birthday or special occasions either since I am usually disappointed. It is still tough though. Hope all your followup fun and the rest of your Birthday Week is much better! :hug:

jennybutler357
08-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

That's such a shame about your birthday Kelly! i hope the rest of the week is better for you and you get to enjoy yourself!

I'm going out for a friends birthday dinner tonight and she's chosen a pizza place...guess it's salad for me then...

And welcome to bg124, sorry I didn't see your first post before! Well Done to you for getting into the 240s! I joined this group before I was in there too, I think it's a good motivation!

Llilith I totally agree about things tasting better, and I think my cravings are switching too, I used to be all about cookies and now I'm craving the crunch of red pepper instead! The phen caps I take, I get them from phen.com, it seems a pretty good site to me and you can look at the ingredients and how they work.

Slimjem
08-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi All, I'm trying different ways of being accountable for logging progress, pitfalls and goals. I don't post often enough so I wanted to ask what is your best way to keep tabs on yourself? I tend to forget, relapse and regret (way too much)...thanks for your input! 245 today and my body seems to like this weight - I don't.

pnkrckpixikat
08-07-2013, 01:45 PM
I am finally here!!!!!! 249.4 today!!! woot!

Glad to see some familiar faces from the 250's thread and looking forward to getting to know those of you I don't recognize yet :)

Kelly I'm sorry your birthday wasn't so great, hopefully any plans you have set up totally make up for it!

Lilith hmmm my cravings aren't changing but my taste buds really are, the places I used to eat just are very disappointing when I give in... well at least the fast food places and those are the ones we went alot. I can plan for a nicer restaurant but places like BK or Jack's is just not worth it at all.

Toowicky good for you for pushing through it! looks like you are about to move on down to a new decade, congrats!

Llilith
08-07-2013, 03:28 PM
punkrocksong - yeah, Nikko is VERY food motivated. He eats things that aren't supposed to be eaten too - like a live spider the other day! We really have to watch him cause he doesn't seem to have a filter about what to eat and what not to eat. Silly frug. Frenchies are the best - if you get one I so want to see pics!! I was looking for a black pug puppy when I found Nikko - he was a delightful accident at the breeders. First time that I've ever gotten a puppy, all of our other dogs have been rescues. It's pretty neat to raise them from the very beginning. Nikko and I are very very bonded - hubby is jealous sometimes.
wow, your BD was suck - I'm sorry - I hope the postponed dinner makes up for it. You should treat yourself to something fun like a pedicure. :)

bg124 - woohoo on being officially in the 240s!

jenny - maybe a veggie pizza with a skinny crust? that's what I have. Thanks for the phen info - I might check it out. Will have to ask my dr - I'm on a few different meds so don't want to start something new without checking. And I'm not sure how long she will let me stay on regular phen.

Slimjem - I track everything I consume with Loseit.com. They have a phone app for android and iphone too, so you can do it on the go. The cool thing is that what you enter on your phone shows on the website and vice versa. It's the only way I can do it, stay accountable I mean. I'll probably count calories forever.

pnkrckpixikat - Yay for 240s!! I can relate about being disappointed when you give in. My new rule is to not eat something if I can't really enjoy it. I'm grossed out by most fast food, so that's not too hard for me. Why waste the calories is how I look at it.

wannaskipandlaugh
08-07-2013, 07:04 PM
I am finally here!!!!!! 249.4 today!!! woot!

Glad to see some familiar faces from the 250's thread and looking forward to getting to know those of you I don't recognize yet :)

Kelly I'm sorry your birthday wasn't so great, hopefully any plans you have set up totally make up for it!

Lilith hmmm my cravings aren't changing but my taste buds really are, the places I used to eat just are very disappointing when I give in... well at least the fast food places and those are the ones we went alot. I can plan for a nicer restaurant but places like BK or Jack's is just not worth it at all.

Toowicky good for you for pushing through it! looks like you are about to move on down to a new decade, congrats!

Pixikat!! I knew it wouldn't take you long! YEAH and I know that there are a few behind you!... Our thread here got BUSY and you made it even better! Welcome and :congrat: !!! :)

pnkrckpixikat
08-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Awwwww thank you Sue, I'm glad to be here! and there are a couple more right on the edge as well that we should be seeing soon I hope!

Lilith Yeah I haven't gone OP with fast food in a very long while because it all just started to taste so gross. Another thing, Movie Theatre Popcorn, used to love love love it, now it smells AWFUL so I haven't had any in a LOOOONG time.

pnkrckpixikat
08-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Good morning! My scale jumped back up to the 250s again this morning, but since I have been on track with calories, yet have eaten out twice in two days, I know it is water so I am staying put :p

I slept through my normal walking time, but with how creaky my body is feeling today it probably needs a day off, I'll probably do some light stretching today a maybe go for an easy walk or swim later.

Hope you all have a GREAT day!!!

Llilith
08-08-2013, 03:40 PM
pnkrckpixikat - ooooh, Movie Popcorn is my weakness! I hope it smells gross to me to next time I am near it. :)

I have that same thing with the peek at a new low then up a little in a day or so, then it settles back down to the new good number. Today I saw 235, but I think it's just a peek - we'll see.

I hope your feeling better and not so creaky later. :)

Happy Thursday All!! So, the Loseit app bestowed a new badge upon me today - 25 pound club. It took 8 weeks to lose the 25, that's a pretty good rate I guess, not too fast I hope. It's funny though, 25 pounds is the equivalent of 100 sticks of butter. I keep imagining them stuck to me everywhere and gone now LOL

pnkrckpixikat
08-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Cograts on your first 25lbs Lilith!!

I am a little less creaky, I did a yoga video to stretch out a bit. now I am mostly just sore from yesterday's weight training. I'm still planning to see about swimming a little when DH gets home if he is up for it

pnkrckpixikat
08-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Good morning! Back to 249.4 this morning but that was after I sweated out a ton on my walk so IDK if I will be fluctuating back up.

Today I did my 3.1 mi walk (but when I got back to my apartment my app only read 3.04 :( oh well, I'm sure Ill get in the extra .06 sometime today :) ) It is also my gym day today.

Before that, though, I have and interview at a local alternative salon as a receptionist. I applied because it seems a job where I can dye my hair fun colors without getting in trouble :)

Have a good day!

Llilith
08-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Good morning all :) I guess my venture into the 230's is here to stay. I was 235 this morning, so it's time for me to move to the other thread.

I wish there was a way to get all the folks who were so active in this thread recently in the same thread again. It seems lame to make new friends and then just move to the next thread without some of them. (that said, I will be checking in here still cause I like the connections I've made. Yay for supporting each other!)

pnkrckpixikat - Wow that's a great walk. I'm really bad at exercise, I'm kinda lazy. Hubby and I walk every night before bed though, and last night we varied our normal 10 minute walk to a different route and did about 30 minutes. :) Not a ton, but it's something!

Good luck on your interview!!! You've lost 70 pounds so far? That is so wonderful - how long did it take you?

TooWicky
08-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Hiii guys! How is everyone doing? Any new updates? I haven't posted here in 3 days. That's like a month in 3FC time, lol, I feel like I missed a lot.

:welcome: , pnkrckpixikat ! Amg, so impressed you are walking and doing yoga, etc. I am not even exercising : / I only recently feel less ungainly and finally comfortable enough to try an exercise routine. My hobbies involve a lot of sitting, lol, awful! I need new interests.

slimjem , my tracking methods are just slightly more advanced then a stylus and clay tablet, lol... I write down calories on scrap paper with a pencil. That's it! I have a max calorie number and I basically never go over it ever. Day after day, week after week. It's total drudgery, but a slow and steady pace works for me. I have always thought I had crappy will power, but I somehow think of every day/meal as another opportunity to keep trying and keep doing my best to diet. I loathe eating at a calorie deficit, but I better get used to it, because I'm going to have to do it for at least
another 8 months or so, or more even.

Llilith , congtratulations on 25 lbs!!! I also got a peek in the 230s the last couple days. It's exhilarating!

So I did weigh in at 239 this morning (239 yesterday morning.) I am so thrilled. This is a number I have not seen in years. As usual, I'm not sure if it will "stick" or not. I'm definitely remaining in this thread a bit longer just in case :) All of you are such excellent, and encouraging company! For the past several days I upped my daily calories a bit. I felt that 4 weeks running of 2 - 3 lbs weight loss each week might be a teensy too rapid for my comfort zone. It's been awesome to have a little something extra to eat every day. I'm going to try this new calorie amount out for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

I HAVE CROW'S FEET, PEOPLE. My face and especially my cheek's are morphing slowly from my chubby-cheeked full face to my newer, leaner face. It doesn't look too bad. They show when I smile, and I'm smiling so much more these days. I associate them with a happy face :) I'm closer to 50 years old than 40, and I do not mind looking my age.

jennybutler357
08-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Hey Ladies! It's Friday!!!!

Welcome from me too, pnkrckpixikat!!!

I've gotten into walking too, over 3 miles is great! I go out at night like you Llilith but my hubby wont come with me...well, someone has to keep an eye on the kids I guess! I like to listen to music and then I can do a couple miles and not even realize it.

Also, WELL DONE on the new weight..235, congratulations!!! And the loseit badge!! 25lbs lost in 8 weeks is a great rate, steady is best, especially on phentermine. I love your image of the 100 sticks of butter, when you put it like that it really does hit home!!! And thanks for the advice about the thin crust veggie pizza. I did go for a salad in the end but luckily the salads were really good and had lean meat and this really great raspberry vinaigrette which was so flavorsome - never thought I'd be so into salad! I counldn't resist a dessert though so I hope I didn't do too much damage!

Hey TooWicky - well done on edging into the 230s, can't wait to be there too! Switching things up with calories is a great idea, you may even benefit from the change as well, but even if not, it does sound great to have a little bit extra food!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and I will be reporting my weight on Monday but since I ate out and I have another dinner coming up tomorrow night I hope I still lose!

bg124
08-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Jenny Thanks for the welcome! These threads are definitely motivational! Sending positive thoughts your way for Monday's weigh in. :goodvibes

Slimjem I hear you on forgetting/relapsing/regretting. For me, the only way that I will stay within my calories is to write it all down. I try to always write it before I bite it and plan accordingly. I exercise daily no matter how bad I feel for at least 30 minutes, but I shoot for 45-50 and lift weights every other day.

:wave: Pixi I don't think I have posted since you moved in, but I wrote you earlier on the Aug WL thread. :) Good luck on the interview! I wasn't sure what time it is/was. Great job on all the exercise!!!

Llilith Thanks for the kudos! I'm up a lb due to TOM, but I'm not leaving unless it is to the next thread DOWN! ;) Congrats on 235!

TooWicky LOL on your tracking methods. I'm the same way. I download all these apps, but never use them. WTG on the 30s!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

pnkrckpixikat
08-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Lilith congrats on officially moving to the 230s! And how long, that difficult to answer. I started in march of 2010 and lost steadily to 220, hovered in the 220-230 range for a few months before losing to 207 then regained to 230 then lost to 202 and most recently regained to 255. I think initially to took me 9 months to lose 70 lbs. When I am on track 100% with both food and exercise I average about 8 lbs a month.... Good job for mixing up the exercise, it keeps it more interesting if you change routes and see different things.

TooWicky I find my body doesn't like to lose if I don't exercise. The yoga is new though, yesterday was my first time. I have felt stiff so I figured something to stretch me out would probably be good. I used to do gymnastics as a preteen and many yoga poses look like our stretching exercises so i figured it would work well.... Not having or particularly NEEDING a job gives me alot of time to exercise and the rest of the day I am sitting so it is a good diversion.

Jenny walking at night is fun. Thats when I used to go, but now it is still like 95 degrees at 10pm O_o so I started dragging myself out of bed at 645 to go at 7 (and it is still 81!). I look forward to when I can go back to evening walks and sleep in until my favored 9am... I am sure the dessert didn't do anything bad. likely just put you closer to maintenance cals for the day. Good Job for getting a salad, it sounds yummy!

Thanks for the interview luck everyone! Unfortunately about a minute in we realized our lines were crossed at some point, she was looking for full time 40+ hrs a week and I am looking for 20, maybe 30 max. So she is going to talk to the regional manager and see if any of the other locations near me are looking for someone part time.

Llilith
08-09-2013, 03:35 PM
TooWicky - good to see you! I loved this part of your post "I have always thought I had crappy will power, but I somehow think of every day/meal as another opportunity to keep trying and keep doing my best to diet." I feel the same! Do you have a smartphone? LOL at the clay tablet! You could come out of the stone age with Loseit.com - the app is cool too. I like that you can scan bar codes and it pulls the nutrition information for you.
YAY for 239!! And crows feet are a sign that you've smiled alot - they are beautiful :-)

Jenny - wow you resisted pizza. I am in awe of your dieting prowess. I absolutely cannot do that LOL. It's cool they had nice salads. I was wondering if 25 pounds in 8 weeks was too much - it's an average of 3 pounds a week. Probably a little fast, we'll see what dr says next month. I am SO looking forward to getting on the scale there. She's always lecturing me about my high blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol. It will be good to see some better numbers. Must be the co-dependent in me, but I would like my Dr. to be proud of me too. :) I love the butter analogy - its fun to think of it like that.

bg124 - That's really good discipline - exercising 30 mins a day no matter how you feel. Rock on with your bad self!

pnkrckpixikat - That is a great rate of loss - 70 pounds in 9 months. And kudos to you for getting back on track before it got out of control again. That's what I worry about - slipping back into old habits and then being up to my starting weight before I realize. Hence the daily weighs and logging everything I eat. I love love love yoga! I started with an easy class, then moved to beginners, and now I don't go to the studio, I just do it at home when I want to. Yoga is the best. I hope you hear something good about other locations from the interview. :-)

I have a question for everyone - If you drink, do you guys log your booze calories? I drink now and then and I haven't been logging them - but I always use a sugar free mixer or have light Mikes or Cider. What do you guys do?

pnkrckpixikat
08-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Lilith if you are happy with the amount you are eating, then enjoy the speed of your loss because it will slow down soon enough!
I wish I felt like I stopped before it got out of control, 53lbs in 8 months feels awful! But I could have gained back everything and more so stopping it is good I guess. Now just gotta get back to where I was and below :)

I rarely drink and when I do it is usually a smirnoffs ice, I can usually find some sort of cal count for them so I log it. If I am doing hard liquor it is usually with a cheat meal (planned) and I don't bother.

pnkrckpixikat
08-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Good morning! Hope everyone has a good weekend planned!

I was right and did fluctuate back up some, but I'm sure to see it flush off soon. I will just keep drinking my water and be patient.

TooWicky
08-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Popping in to contribute that my booze is red wine, and I do budget for and count those calories. Averages about 120 cal a glass. I reeeeeeeally miss having a big plate of different cheeses and crackers with it, though, lol.

wannaskipandlaugh
08-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Hello and Happy Saturday to you all ! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Pixikat (Welcome!!!) and glad you are here! :) and my wish is that the person you interviewed with does find another possition that is perfect for you! Oh that is my wish!

and yes booze calories do count.. but if you follow IANG's posts you will see if you drink and don't eat anything you lose water weight (dehydration!) yeah... I had gained 4 lbs of water these last 3 days (Ibuprofen and back pain) and lost 3 of those lbs last night just having 2 beers for dinner and no food. It works! :) Horay!! so if you are stuck.. or stalled.. try it 1 time... just remember NO FOOD and don't drive!! LOL

I wish you all a wonderful day and its sunny outside here in Florida.. tho 89degrees right now... but it is just beautiful outside! Hope it is where you all are and inside you too!

Slimjem
08-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the input! I'm down -2 (243) today. I've bought a nice journal and will try to dig up my Loseit password :) Found the key to my treadmill too. No excuses now.

pnkrckpixikat
08-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Good morning!

I got up at 6 to go for my run/walk drills before it got to hot and pretty much stumbled out without weighing so no scale news today. tomorrow I am sure I will see an awful sodium bounce...

Last night we ended up eating out a Dennys :s I did better than I would have in the past, had I stuck to my veggie burger and fruit I would have been right at calories, but we gave into an appetizer as well so I was 800 over :( Still within maintenance though so thats not too too bad.

Sad thing is the food really wasn't great, not worth the calories or the money honestly. That'll teach me to cheat at a place that is only mediocre.

Since I didn't go horrible over hopefully some of my exercise the last few days and next few days will easily cover it so it won't do too much harm.

wannaskipandlaugh
08-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Good Morning all! :)

Pixikat... It sound like you did good tho just ordering the Veggieburger and fruit.. and someone musta wanted the appetizer and I swear our "EGO's" say.. oh I can have alittle??! silly little voice in our heads!... But yes with your exercising.... you got it covered :) Good for you!

:welcome2: slimjem! :) Sounds like you are getting everything organized and are on a mission! :) yeah!!!

I still have pain and inflamation on my upper left shoulder area and now have an inflamed bone? in my upper right throat area... Its really weird... its like the bone double in size (That tip of the bone in your throat area)..so back to Ibuprofen so the pain will ease and hopefully the swelling.. so gonna pack on the water weight again.. oh well.. its not calories and so that eases my mind and does not frustrate me .......

I wish you all a Glorious Day! Lots of laughter and smiles!! :)

pnkrckpixikat
08-11-2013, 11:49 AM
your bone is swollen?? thats odd, never heard of a bone being swollen. If you have insurance I'd recommend seeing a doctor if possible, could be something else.

wannaskipandlaugh
08-11-2013, 12:29 PM
your bone is swollen?? thats odd, never heard of a bone being swollen. If you have insurance I'd recommend seeing a doctor if possible, could be something else.

Thank you Pixikat.... I had just started a new job in April and finally my insurance starts 8/15 (small company I work for)... On Friday if it is still swollen (and hurts) I am going to call and get an appointment or see someone at a clinic... It just happened last night - where it swelled up... I wonder if I have a virus and its moving around (started in my upper back and now to the front) Just weird as I feel well otherwise LOL Thank you for your concern :) I appreciate it very much!

TooWicky
08-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Hi guys!

I appear to be hovering in the very high 230s, but I'm not ready to move to the new thread yet :)

I went "over" my target daily calories yesterday by a little yesterday... first time since I started counting, ack! I had a collision between my diet and social etiquette. What happened was, late yesterday afternoon my husband said we were invited to go look at a new house build of a friend of his. What I wasn't informed of was that when we got there, we were expected to be dinner guests - the only dinner guests. It was pretty casual. Our mutual children all played together and they had ordered pizza (lawd.) The hard part was that the wife and I chatted it up while she spent about 20 minutes finely chopping up a bunch of ingredients for a homemade dip (lawd again) that was served with some delicious but calorie laden pita crisp things (oh lawd I give up.) I felt like it would have offended her if I didn't eat the dip after she spent so long preparing it!! I ended up having water, the smallest slice of cheese pizza I could find, 6 pita crips, and about 2 tablespoons of dip. I was eating blind, amg! I feel silly making a big drama out of it, but you all are the only people I can tell, lol. I'm so grateful for 3FC. When I got home I figured out all of the calories after the fact. It was not a total disaster. I ended up maybe 100-200 calories over. I swear I'm going to start packing celery in a cooler when we socialize. Or a bag of baked chips.

Slimjem , congratulations on your 2 lbs drop, that is awesome!!

pnkrckpixikat , great job on surviving Denny's, lol, I would have done MUCH worse, believe me. You showed a lot of restraint, appetizer or not. My weaknesses there are fries and gravy to dip them in, plus any form/version of a patty melt. You are so right though; if I am going to go over, I want it to be for some truly delicious food. I have to say the homemade dip I ate last night was stupendous. I found the recipe online, and I will be making it myself, soon.

Llilith , ikr I need to get with the program with mah phone apps and stuff. I have a problem though. I am just at that age where I need reading glasses to comfortably spend a lot of time reading stuff on my phone. I don't wear glasses all the time though; it's a pain to sort of hunt down reading glasses all over the house. I prob just need to break down and get some stylish glasses for real. I have a love/hate relationship with my phone for that reason, lol.

pnkrckpixikat
08-11-2013, 09:38 PM
plus any form/version of a patty melt.

omg that is what I used to ALWAYS get when I was little. My mom would take us to Dennys for dinner and late night studying, I would always get a patty melt, shake, and seasoned fries lol They stopped 'officially' making the patty melt. But often if you ask for it they can make it on sourdough since they don't have rye... believe me it was sooo tempting to order that lol

wannaskipandlaugh
08-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Good Morning and Happy Monday all....

I wish my swelling and pain would go away! I am thinking positively that it will!.. It has too.... I don't have time to be not well only Healthy! yep!!!

So where is Punkrocksong? Where are you? Did you get into the 230's already? Hope you are doing well have enjoying your day!

pnkrckpixikat
08-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Up a little more, hopefully lots of water today will flush it all off :s

Hope you all have a great day!

Llilith
08-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the booze responses. I know the calories DO count, but I wonder if most people count them - you guys are doing it, which is great. I just don't because I don't think I could stay on track if I had to do that too. But, it's working, so I won't fix it if it isn't broken LOL. I do find that a glass of wine with dinner lowers my blood sugar a bit - which is nice. What I'm really proud of is that the times I drink I am not letting myself get out of control with eating - which is super easy when buzzed.

Slimjem - you go girl! Yay for no excuses and two pounds down!! For me, that no excuses mindset is the hardest part.

Pnk - you did good for Denny's! And it's cool that you exercise enough to offset the mini splurge!

TooWicky - you did great! Sometimes you just gotta go with the flow and figure it out later. I find that I'm learning enough counting calories that I usually have a good idea of what stuff is gonna cost me - at least roughly. Only 100-200 calories over? That's really good, and you didn't offend your hostess - double bonus! I know what you mean about reading the phone. I am 45 and starting to have trouble with this myself. I'm dreading the day when the dr says "bifocals" but I know it's coming.

Wanna - Wow, that sounds painful and just plain frustrating, not to know what is going on. Glad your insurance starts soon! I hope it gets better quick.

So this weekend hubby and I went to an outdoor concert (Michael Franti). It was my first outdoor concert ever and I had so much fun! I must have danced for an hour straight. I was DRENCHED in sweat - so much that my hair was wet like I just had a shower LOL. But it was exhilarating and I felt so great. Losing this 25 pounds has made me feel so much better - like I can move and look sexy again. It helps that my hubby is the best at making me feel beautiful no matter what my weight is, but inside I felt different you know? Someone can tell you over and over that you are pretty or sexy or whatever, but until you feel it inside it doesn't really hit home - at least for me. I felt beautiful and alive. What a great night.

jennybutler357
08-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Morning everyone!! There's so much activity on here when I miss a couple days! Hope y'all had a good weekend!

Pnkrckpixikat, thanks so much for your advice on the other thread about what to order at the mexican! I shared chicken fajitas and pinto beans with a friend who is also watching her weight and said no to the melted cheese my friends like to order as a side for pouring over their burritos (that was tough!) - I'm sure it was the first time I've ever said no to cheese!! It's a shame you didn't enjoy your Dennys, it sucks when that happens.

It's pretty hot her e too when I go for a walk, still around 88 at 9pm but I don't have time in the mornings. You're so motivated to go at 7am!! I also do pilates and I think when I feel a bit more stretchy I'll start yoga too. It sounds like they really liked you at the interview if they're looking for another position, good luck with that! I love your reasoning about dyeing your hair different colors! What color is it now?

Llilith I think that an average of 3lbs a week is fine. I've read a lot of posts on the phentermine forum and the people on there can lose amounts like 5lbs in 4 days and think this is normal. Then they stall and get disheartened because it can be so up and down. For your head and your body, steady is best believe me! I'm sure your doc will be pleased with you! We all are anyways!!!

For the booze question, like TooWicky I'm more pen and paper than apps but I do keep track of everything. I've never been a big drinker but when I do drink it's mainly red wine, with a bit of ice in the summer - I'm no wine expert obviously! I think it's about 125-150 per glass, depends on the glass I guess. It helps me that it has iron in it too as I was getting dizzy spells before and lack of iron can be a reason.

Also TooWicky, I completely know what you mean about feeling you need to be polite and eat things at other peoples houses. Their generosity is lovely and I feel rude to say no, but I would panic too!

bg124 well done for exercising on your TOM, mines up soon. Not looking forward to that!

Sue, sorry to hear about your shoulder pain, but lovely to see how positive you are! Wishing you lots of laughter and smiles right back, and a quick recovery!

Well, I am pleased to report I still lost 3lbs this week so I'm down to 244 from 247. I hope to be closer to 240 next week but I still have a couple weeks in this thread to look forward to!

Have a great week everyone!

pnkrckpixikat
08-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Lilith The concert sounds fun! dancing is such great exercise :)

Jenny - your welcome for the advice and congrats on following it! It is one thing to KNOW what to order, and another thing to manage to do it so good job! and double good job on avoiding the queso, I love the stuff, idk if i could have been so strong ETA: does pilates require less flexibility? I only am trying the yoga because my grandmother took me a couple times when I was 12 or 13 so I knew what to expect from the videos. I am only really using as something to stretch out after my strength days but it seems half the stuff I can't do lol

Sue- since your insurance starts on the 15th maybe call and schedule an appointment (especially if standard physicals are covered 100% as some insurances do) even if your bone or whatever it is feels better a physical is always a good thing to do. and when you are scheduling you can mention it and they might have some advice.

wannaskipandlaugh
08-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Hello all.... Had a fever yesterday and today I feel much better... Still swollen (Lymph glands I think) and the pain is moving again (went from back to front and now moving to the side SO WEIRD! like a bug) But I do feel better!! Thank you as it must have been all your wonderful hugs of get wellness words!! :)

Having a fever is a water loser too... (LOL ) I am finally down to 246.5... so going back to the correct direction..

Pixikat.. I hope your up scale reading came back down! You are just moving so fast on the downward slide! YAY !

Jenny 3 lbs down WOWOOWOWOWOWOWO!!! Great for you! Hoot Hoot!!!
Lillith.. What a great thing... an outdoor concert and that you feel just better inside too for all the lb loss you have have! Well that just makes the soul sing!!!!!! I LOVE that feeling and am trying to find it every day!! HUGS to you!! and enjoy and keep feeling that way..

I send love to you all as you all keep me motivated and going when I don't want too... THANK YOU! Have a truly GREAT Day!

TooWicky
08-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi guys :)

I have SO enjoyed my time on this thread... best support ever, I mean that! My official weekly weigh-in was this morning and I'm solidly in the 230s at 237 lbs., so time for me to move on to the 220s/230s thread. I increased my calories slightly mid-week, but still lost 3 lbs from last week. I guess I get to increase my caloric intake a bit more, yay, no complaints about that!! I had quite a busy week with some extra work hours (I work retail and it has been uber busy with back to school shopping.) There is a ton of walking, lifting, sorting, folding, hanging, etc. at my job. I think I *actually* expended some energy this week, lol. I'm usually very sedentary.

Old habits die hard:

I sometimes still find myself standing in front of the pantry, staring at food for no apparent reason. What. am. I. doing. lol.

I play World of Warcraft and I still sometimes reach for the phantom bowl of potato chips or snacks while raiding. What. am. I. doing. lol.

I feel like I have made good friends here :grouphug: Hope to see everyone on the next thread very soon!! Onward and downward. Until then, see you around the forums :goodluck:

pnkrckpixikat
08-13-2013, 11:18 AM
awww congrats toowicky hopefully I will see you in that thread before you exit it!

sue glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, it is weird that it is movie around like that.

Scale is coming back down, hopefully tomorrow it'll be back at my ticker weight or lower :) today is strength training which equals soreness which equals water in the muscles so we shall see

cleancowgirl
08-13-2013, 09:20 PM
I have been super busy this week with kids going back to school. I am down two more pounds this week to 243.2 and hoping by labor day to be in the 230 thread.
Too wicky- Congrats and I hope to be joining you in a couple of weeks.
Sue I hope you feel better soon. Yuck to have the flu in the summer:(
jenny b- congrats on your pound loss. Lots of weight moving downward.
Bg- welcome to the group!
punkrock- where are you girl!
Everybody else hope we have a slimming week!

pnkrckpixikat
08-14-2013, 10:39 AM
go clean cow go! you are getting so close :)

this morning the scale has me at 249.8 so yay back in the decade at least! Hopefully tomorrow I will see a new number!

have a great day ladies :)

cleancowgirl
08-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Pnk- you will get there. The thing that has helped me the most. Track/ track track what ever goes in your mouth. You will be surprised what you are actually eating.
Weight a little closer 242.7

pnkrckpixikat
08-14-2013, 11:35 PM
I do track everything already :) I just keep eating out (within cals) so I keep spiking from sodium

pnkrckpixikat
08-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Hello Ladies!

I did see that new low today 248.6 woot! hopefully my downward trend continues tomorrow before we go out to eat tomorrow night.

We are celebrating DH's new job since he is getting his first check. He wants steak so either Texas Roadhouse or somewhere new. Officially it is a cheat meal but I am going to try to stay within my maintenance at the very worst.

cleancowgirl
08-15-2013, 03:26 PM
congrats on your dh new job and the new low! Texas road house go for the steak I usually cut in half with the sweet potato with just a smidgen of butter and lay off the rolls. I save the other part for lunch the next day.
Yea sodium is ridiculous when eating out. If you are going somewhere else look and see if they have a website with a menu that way you can plan ahead.

smashlers
08-16-2013, 12:14 PM
AHHH, I hit my lowest weight since I can remember today. 242.2! So crazy. I still feel like I have been in the 240's for a LONG TIME.

pnkrckpixikat
08-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Congrats smashlers!!

So there was a snag with DH's check :s apparently the direct deposit stuff wasn't filled out correctly or something so his check is gonna be late. Oh well, maybe that means I will see a new low before I have that huge sodium bump.

I weighed 3 hrs earlier than normal and was a pound up from yesterday, weighed again after my run (which was why i was up early, trying to avoid the texas heat by running super early lol) same as yesterday. Showered, had some water, went out for a few errands, and weighed when I got back, still same as yesterday. So I am calling todays weight officially same as yesterday. lol

cleancowgirl
08-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Smaash-Congrats! We are hitting about the same.. 230's is just around the corner.
I am just a little lower 242.3

cleancowgirl
08-17-2013, 02:31 PM
My daily weigh in 241.3 I am almost there! I am also 35 pounds lost!

pnkrckpixikat
08-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Congrats cleancowgirl!!!

wannaskipandlaugh
08-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Yeah Cleancow and Smashlers! you 2 are just about ready to head into the next thread!! YAY for you!!! and good work!

Pixikat... I am sorry that your hubby's check was delayed.. I hope that you have those funds already or by tomorrow and that the auto pay works next time!...

I did have a good scale day today 246... so happy about that as I am 60 lbs off officially.. but I am having trouble... I have had pain in my right side of my throat area and the tip of the bone is swollen now for a week.. well.. talking to my mom and some friends.. it sounds like I have a thyroid issue (its genetic too boot) and reading the systems.. YEP I kinda have them ALL... so making an appointment with my mother's doctor for an appt soon I hope... That also answers why I cannot lose weight as fast I am thinking (HYPO) even tho I am eating less than 1500 a day always and walking too boot.. So here's hoping that I get an answer for what is wrong and it is easy to fix and not anything really serious... (I hope)

Have a great day all! :)

punkrocksong
08-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry for the absence...it's been a crazy week and a half! My ulcer has been killing me, I worked something ridiculous like 120 hrs in the last two weeks, and my husband is on mandatory 12's right now so all of the house work is left up to me for the time being. Oh...and my internet at home has been out for the past week and a half and the cable guy didn't show up until Friday morning to fix it. When it rains it pours I tell ya!

I'm officially in the 230's now although I'm not exactly the poster child of dieting right now. I pretty much have been eating whatever I can keep down, which hasn't been much. I just hope these new meds gets everything under control so I can get back on track.

wannaskipandlaugh
08-19-2013, 09:19 AM
Oh I am sorry about all your trials and major tribulations Punk and about your Ulcer oh sigh... I do hope that the medication starts helping!!!!and that you are back to "normal" soon!

Happy that you have lost more than 70 lbs YAY! for you!... Keep well and I hope that I see you in the next thread whenever I get there with my thyroid issues.... :)

fairandfree
08-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Hi all! I wasn't expecting a good weigh in this morning, we had guests this weekend and all... but my body pleasantly surprised me! I am now in the 230s (238.6) and really don't know what to do with myself! It's kind of shocking to think about it! I hope you're all having a good week so far, and for those with troubles (*big hugs for Punk!*), I hope they can clear up soon!

I may go say hello to the other thread now... dunno though.

pnkrckpixikat
08-19-2013, 02:27 PM
CONGRATS punk and fair on the 230's!!!

I've been well, on track except for our planned cheat on sat. I've been quiet because I feel kinda without a proper home thread, I keep bouncing out of the 240's with water fluctuations but don't really want to admit defeat and go back to the 250's. silly huh? :dizzy: So hopefully when my current water weight comes off I can stay in the 240s without too many problems

Keep up the good work everyone!

cleancowgirl
08-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Punk I hope you feel better soon. Having an ulcer is awful. Hope those meds work soon. Congrats on the 230's
Congrats to fair for hitting the 230's too!
Wannaskip- 60lbs is awesome. I am glad you are seeing the doctor about your thyroid issue.
I worked all weekend 12 hour nights and got on the scale after sleeping some today and 239.4. I am going to stick around for a couple more days just to make sure it stays. I worked out hard at the gym tonight just to make sure but pretty happy with this weeks results.

wannaskipandlaugh
08-20-2013, 08:49 AM
:congrat: cleancow! Way to go!!!!! Very happy for you...

Gosh everyone has flown thru this thread and here I am lagging behind... I hope that doctor can figure it out.. But I am glad for you all Flying Thru!! WooHoo!!

I am back down to 246.5 after being up to 248 yesterday... Just like a rubber bouncy ball... I can only hope that the whoosh happens soon!

cleancowgirl
08-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Weight still hanging at 239.2. Guess I will be moving on. Good luck to everyone and hope to see you on the 230 thread.

SouthernBell02
08-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Good afternoon all! I am still fairly new to this forum and would love to join here. I am at 243 right now so hopefully I wont be here for long but wanted to get to know everyone now before we move down;) I try and weight only once a week since everyday makes me crazy. I also woe overnights so I don't weight until 10pm on Fridays. Good luck to everyone!

wannaskipandlaugh
08-21-2013, 08:32 AM
:welcome2: SouthernBell02 Come on in! :) You are so close to the 230's.. but I am glad that you stopped in here for a few days (or hours! LOL)

Me... last 3 days: Down 1.5, up 2 lbs, down 1.5 lbs, up 1 lb today.... You know... I eat the same thing everyday... so its not the food,... Welcome to BIZARRO WORLD here! LOL All I can do is keep puching on and I will.... I really want to be in the 220's as then Onderland is a posibility and not a distant goal.!

Hope everyone has a very nice day! (Better than me!!!!)

mjmelwel
08-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Hey there everyone. I've been on an up, up, down, up, up, up, down kind of momentum lately (apparently cutting my calories by half to start did nothing), but on Monday I started a ketogenic (ultra low-carb) diet and this morning I was down 5.3 pounds from Monday which puts me at 248.1 and into this group! I'm so excited to be into the 240's and hopefully I'll keep moving quickly downwards.

jennybutler357
08-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Hi everyone!! I feel like I haven't been on here in soooo long, well it's been a week I guess. I had a little family vacation to my uncle's farm, although I think I worked harder there than I do normally - he likes us to all help out and now I think I need another vacation!

Maybe all that hard work is why I lost 3lb this week despite sampling some of my aunt's lovely cooking. I definitely had a lot less of it than I have in recent years and I guess it's all fresh and not processed but I still felt like I indulged!

So, I'm down to 241lbs, which is a total of 22lbs lost since July 1st and I have a mini goal this week which is to get to 25lbs lost, and that means Ill be in the 230s and off to another thread - mixed emotions about that one but I think all you guys should be in there very soon, and people from here have already moved on so I know there'll be some familiar faces.

Well done to everyone who has lost this week, I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and gets a little vacation if you can!!

pandathedestroyer
08-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Alright, ladies and gents. As of waking up this morning, I'm 245.2. I've been stuck in the 240's for like, six months now [ever since I quit smoking!] and I'm more than ready to kick those last five pounds' butts. Goal for the rest of this month is to work out and get this done!

mjmelwel
08-21-2013, 02:19 PM
You can do it Panda!!!

Nagazim
08-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Tentatively peeking in to say Hi :wave:

This thread has felt nearly impossible to get to. I've pretty much regained and reloss all of the 250s at least once since July 1st. Hated the yo-yo. I've swapped to a whole foods based diet and the weight is melting off. I still can't believe I've gotten here. So just saying hello, and hoping tomorrow stays down :)

mjmelwel
08-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Come on in Nagazim, the water is warm! So happy to see more from the 250's-260's group joining me here! What did you get down to?

wannaskipandlaugh
08-22-2013, 09:22 AM
:welcome2: Panda, mjmelwel and NAGAZIM! Woo Hoo Come on in!

My scale finally is down - took 3 1/2 weeks... patience is a virtue.. but hard on the mind! Down to 245... the 240's are now in their 5th week... I shoulda been outta of this thread weeks ago.. But my losses only seem to come 1 week out of the month Sigh as I don't and haven't had TOM in 6 years... strange what the body does... but almost on the south end of the 240's now.. just need 1/2 lb.. 12 lbs away from 1/2 way on my journey too... That makes me happy to think about... I am looking forward to that goal!..

Have a great day all!

mjmelwel
08-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Way to go wannaskipandlaugh. I am just amazed today. It's the third day in a row that I've been down and so far this week I've lost 7.4 pounds. This ketogenic diet is obviously the key. I'm at 246.1 today so it looks like I'm here to stay for a while and not going back. Gotta stay diligent with this weekend coming up! Have a great day ladies!

Nagazim
08-22-2013, 01:26 PM
mjmelwel - I'm at 248.8 today. So I think I'm here for a bit. & I feel the same about this whole foods eating I'm practicing currently. The more veggies go in, the more weight is falling off. I'm amazed.

Wannaskipandlaugh - congrats on your loss! I felt pretty stuck in the 250s. Pretty sure I lost every lb twice there. Just keep swimmin'. You're doing amazingly!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

mjmelwel
08-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Nagazim I was dying to see where you'd be at today! I'm so happy to see you in the 240's for a second day in a row. Way to go!

I really can not wait until I can transition some more carbs into my diets and go more whole foods, but for now keto is working really well for me.

pnkrckpixikat
08-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Hey! Welcome nagazim!!!! congrats :)

Things here are... going I guess. Not really well or bad. I was doing great on exercise and kinda burnt out, trying to let my body rest more this week and I can figure out a new schedule once school starts next week. Food, I am doing mostly well. I gave into pizza at work on wed, and had way too much froyo yesterday. But my cals have mostly been on track.

I need to stop giving in :(

mjmelwel
08-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Well I was pretty sure I'd be up on the scale today and I was, but only to 247.4 so I'm still in the 240's and that makes me very happy.

Yesterday I had a couple cheeseburgers with no bun, so I was still on track with my keto diet, but I knew I had kinda overdone it with them and I didn't feel good about it for the rest of the day. I had a massive workout at the gym last night so I was hoping that'd keep my weight down, but I can handle the little gain for now. Gonna spend the weekend trying to get it down, down, down though! Have a great Friday ladies!

Nagazim
08-23-2013, 05:58 PM
I've had several low low calorie days. When you're eating primarily vegetables, it's hard to eat all day and still hit over 1200 cals. So I decided last night I should eat a before bed snack which consisted of a cup of homemade organic trail mix and then a handful of pretzels. It added 350 cals but so wasn't worth it. I knew all that salt after no salt at all would kick my butt today and it did. Up to 249.5 but I'll weigh again tomorrow and see where I'm at. Plus TOM is beginning either today or tomorrow so that won't help my weigh ins over the weekend. I may just hold off and weigh on Tuesday. Save myself the heartbreak lol. Plus I plan to start back with my walking tonight. It's silly having that treadmill just sitting in my living room not being used. So tonight, I walk. Good luck with the weekend ladies, they're always the hardest part of my week!

SouthernBell02
08-24-2013, 04:19 AM
Went up .3 pounds this week. Not sure why though. Possibly TOM? Will find out soon if it is. Everyone else is doing a fantastic job!! Keep being losers ladies ;)

wannaskipandlaugh
08-24-2013, 10:38 AM
:welcome2: SouthernBell... I hope that your stay in this thread is short as you head on down the road LOLOLOLOL You are close to the bottom of this thread and that is great!

ME TOO! I am down to 243.5 (Love my whoosh week ahhhhhhhhhh) and I should have at least another 2 lbs in me to lose (I usually lose 5 lbs during whoosh week) LOL So hoping to get gosh darn close to 240 before it hits the skids again.. OR Maybe.. power thru.. Either way... COME on friends... Lets do this together... Don't wanna go to the next thread without you all... :D Lets get "R" done! lololol

Oh I love it when I feel good and its crappy that the scale helps that mood... but it does... Can't wait to finally skip (when I get to 239 it is my Laugh Goal !! ) :D

Have a great day everyone!! HUGS to all!

pandathedestroyer
08-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Down to 241.6! Lowest weight in forever and so close to the 230's I could SPIT and land on the other side! Almost there....

wannaskipandlaugh
08-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Yeah Panda! you are almost outta this thread! YAY for you!!!! :)

I was down to 243 yesterday and back up to 243.5... But still should be whooshing I hope for a few days... I believe!

Hope everyone is doing well and are having a good Monday!

jennybutler357
08-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Hi everyone and I guess this is goodbye too as I'm down to 237 after losing 4lbs this week. Its been so great chatting to y'all and I'm kinda scared that the losses will stall but since they seem to be carrying on I guess I'll be moving on to the 230 thread...

Good luck everyone and have a great week, see y'all soon!!

mjmelwel
08-26-2013, 01:21 PM
pandathedestroyer WTG!!! You are doing so awesome.

After a massive week I'm down at 246.3 and I'm hoping for another great week. Gotta stick to low carb and pump the water and hit the gym hard! Have a great Monday ladies!

Nagazim
08-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Congrats on the losses Panda, jenny, and mjmelwel! I hope to see you soon Jenny!

Well I weighed yesterday morning and was down to 248.4, lowest thus far. I didn't weigh this morning since I got too busy with cleaning up my hubby's gift of breakfast making and forgot. I'll try again tomorrow. I began walking again Saturday night. It felt really good especially since I walked my fastest time the whole 40 minutes. Woohoo!

I think I wanna try yoga. My back is always tight and sore feeling. I used to have back problems due to being so heavy, so I had to sleep a particular way for like 4 years. Now that I'm not quite so heavy, I can't sleep the same way and still feel comfortable so I need to figure something else out. But I think if I could stretch out really well after waking up and before bed, it would help me out throughout the day.

TOM is still going so I hope it'll be over by tomorrow. May even get a good loss day :D

pnkrckpixikat
08-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Hey you guys are doing great!!!

jenny congrats on moving down!

sue I'm sure you will keep wooshing on down :)

Nagazim you are totally sure to have a good loss day once TOM is over

I'm doing ok, still holding on to the high 248s, but I saw a new low today! :) it was after my run so I didn't count it as official yet, but hopefully tomorrow!

mjmelwel
08-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Kind of leveling out right now...hoping that a lot of water and another day on the straight and narrow will get that scale going down again.

Nagazim Yoga is hard but it is undoubtedly one of the best things I've ever done for my body. I love it and my classes are the highlight of my week. I feel so much taller and longer for a full day afterwards and I smile (and sweat) all the way through class. I can't wait to know it well enough to do my own morning and evening routine as well.

Nagazim
08-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Well today the scale said 250.8 or something like that. I jumped off that thing and ran away as soon as I saw it. It doesn't make sense to me how I could go a full week of no exercise (just burnt out) and lose 4 lbs then I begin exercising again and it's back to the upward climb/stall?! Doesn't make sense! My TOM should be headed out after today. I'm not walking on the treadmill tonight, maybe outside with the family but no active exercise. I've gotta get back into the 240s tomorrow. Whole foods are still going great I just want to see the loss happening!

wannaskipandlaugh
08-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Yay Pixikat!... Glad you have seen a new low! and Nagazim... I am so sorry you are up... Ignore that number ... it will go away and be replaced with a 240's no ASAP!

Well my whoosh is slowly disappearing.. I have gained 1/2 each day for 3 days after I lost 3 lbs... VERY SAD here... I wish I knew why and what my body is doing this time and not behaving with the normal whooshiness... Gosh... I hate learning patience.... Maybe I should embrace it and use reverse Psycology lol .. yeah.. try and trick your body NOT.. Just wishing for a better number tomorrow and looking foward to a 3 day weekend to sleep in... and CLEAN HOUSE! (I wish that show was still on!!! gave me incentive all the time) :)

Have a wonderful day all!

pnkrckpixikat
08-28-2013, 09:30 AM
Good morning!

nagazim after a few days of resting your body likely let go of water it was holding from the exercise so when you restarted it retained it again. Just have patience and the scale will have to co-operate eventually

sue i'm sorry your woosh isn't acting as it normally does *hugs* maybe it is tied to that shoulder thing earlier in the month?

pandathedestroyer
08-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Hey y'all!

nagazim: Good luck! I hope it works itself out for you soon...mother nature can be so tricky. Hopefully it's just a fluke TOM thing!

wannaskip: Hopefully the odd behavior is just a one time thing and your wooshiness goes back to normal in a few days. :)

I've been sick with a head cold for the last few days, and I've been stuffing my face with all the juice, water, chicken soup and crackers I could eat. Woke up this morning and weighed myself on a whim...and I'm down to 240.8!!! So close I could SPIT! :D

Nagazim
08-28-2013, 03:37 PM
I agree with the letting go of retained fluid when I wasn't exercising. It's just frustrating. Remind me why I need to exercise, hehehe! I have been looking into getting a heart rate monitor. Several people on my fb use them and love taking pictures of their 800 calories burned throughout the day stuff, so I've bent to peer pressure and want one too. I mentioned it in a group I'm in on fb about wanting one and one of the girls is giving me hers! She's just like that though, very sweet and very giving. She said she was putting it into a yard sale but would ship it to me :) It's the Polar FT7. I'm pretty excited!

Today's weight was 249.0 which is better than yesterday but not as good as Sunday. I'm slightly bummed but just want the losses to continue. I really felt like my body was responding so well to the whole foods way and exercising just screwed that all up. Oh well, it's gotta come off eventually, right?!

Sue - I know how you feel. I'm so tired of the stalling/gaining/losing. It's making my head spin. Good luck that your whoosh continues this week!

Panda - you're soooooo close! Congrats on the loss, though being sick is no fun.

Nagazim
08-28-2013, 04:00 PM
For us gainers and losers: http://choose2befit.com/2009/09/11/why-you-gain-weight-with-a-new-program/

mjmelwel
08-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Good morning my community of like-bodied chicas! I hope you're all having an awesome Thursday so far. I had to check in because in a total shock, I was 244.8 today making it a full 10.2 pounds down since I started! I am so excited and also scared to gain it all back so you can bet I'm going to do what I can to keep that scale going down. I love being on the lower end of the 240's even if it's just barely.

I stalled out with my super low carb and had to eat some regular food and suddenly I'm losing weight again. It makes me feel like maybe I don't know squat about my body...it's a total mystery.

Nagazim
08-29-2013, 02:59 PM
... It makes me feel like maybe I don't know squat about my body...it's a total mystery.

I feel the same way. After thinking my body was going to go bonkers no matter what plan I'm on, I finally had a post TOM whoosh. 246.6 this morning which is a new low in 3 years. (every low I get is a new low now but I'm going to celebrate every one of them!) 237 is starting to feel attainable! Come on mini goal #3!

pandathedestroyer
08-29-2013, 11:22 PM
Not gonna lie, I stepped on the scale, briefly saw 241.something flicker across the screen, and jumped off really quick. Not weighing until I feel lighter than 240 again lol.

Nagazim
08-30-2013, 01:01 AM
I have a question that seems silly to me but I can't really find anything on Dr. Google.

Do any of you set a target for calories to burn per day? I've never really thought about it but I'm getting a Polar FT7 heart rate monitor in the mail any day now and I'm wondering if I should have a target for exercise per day. I think I average around 300+ but I'm not sure how great that really is when the girl on my fb keeps posting 800+ cals burned during her run. Maybe I'm shooting low? Does it even matter? I think it will be fun to have the HRM a see it right there on my wrist in all it's flashy glory (plus it's a free gadget) but I'm not sure if it's going to be a fun new tool or just something else to make me stress over another number.

Do any of you have a target number of calories to burn?

pandathedestroyer
08-30-2013, 12:40 PM
So I bit the bullet and weighed myself this morning [despite knowing all about the carne guisada w/cheese tacos and small soda I had at midnight last night]...

243.6 [faints]

>:(

It's okay, though. I went on the binge because I'm starting South Beach Diet today, and everything in those tacos and soda is banned in Phase One [I might have panicked lol]. It was my "last meal", so to speak lol.

Here's to a new day and healthy diet. :)

Nagazim
08-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Good luck with South Beach, Panda!!

Still at 246.6 today. I'll take it. I'm still slowly weeding out dairy. I love cheese :( I just ordered nutritional yeast which is supposed to be a pretty good butter and cheese substitute. We'll see.

TGIF!
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mf0l4t9CMI1rq0hnm.gif

SouthernBell02
08-31-2013, 09:04 AM
I weighted yesterday because of a food filled weekend coming up and wanted to have the low true weight instead of one with water weight. 241!!!! Almost out of here!

Nagazim~ as for the calories for exercise 3500 calories equals 1 pound. So if you burn 500 calories a day then you in theory will lose one pound a week. Find out what you calorie intake would be to maintain your current weight and then subtract what the amount of calories you eat in a day and then to that add the calories you burn in exercise. Example:

My maintenance calorie amount is 2000. I eat about 1400 a day. Thats a deficit of 600 but then if I walk a mile thats 100 calories burned. So thats 700 calories a day that I am burning. That gives me about 1.4 pounds lost in a week. If that doesn't make any sense, (Its kinda hard to explain) Google BMR calculator, it might be easier to understand from them. Good luck ;)

wannaskipandlaugh
08-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Nagazim.. I love the graphics you find! :) and the article!

I hope that everyone is going to or is having a very nice 3 day Holiday weekend (US) and if you have to work.. that the clients and co-workers are nice and kind and happy too!

Weight wise... still at 244 even after doing the Beer only for dinner... So I guess my body is just stuck.... I never thought I would spend more than 6 weeks in the 240's and it looks like I will have a few more... Each decade takes longer and longer to get thru. hmmm maybe a hair cut? (good for at least 1/2 lb as my thick hair is down the middle of my back and way too long hhhmmmm lol) Maybe I just need to get my Keister off the chair more often and walk more times during the week than I have....

PATIENCE... Word of the month for me in August... SEPTEMBER I want a different word to live that is more possitive!

HHMMM Anyone have a good word to post for September??!!! Just asking as I could use one!

pandathedestroyer
08-31-2013, 01:41 PM
wannaskipandlaugh: I don't know about you, but my word for September is going to be KICKASS. lol

Woke up this morning after one day on SBD...back down to 241.8. I'll take it! I cheated yesterday and had waaaaay to much cheese and a handful of Sour Patch Kids so I wasn't sure what to expect today...definitely not to go back down two pounds! Anyways, I'm excited about tomorrow's weigh in...it'll be the first for September, I'll have spent an entire day on plan today, and I wanna start the new month off with a BANG! So excited :)

Daimere
08-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Back in the 240s. I feel like I've gained so much weight. But it wasn't really that much.

wannaskipandlaugh
09-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Well... I am getting closer to my low of last week... Down to 243.5... I hope that I will sweat off extra water today... Trim Trim Trim the palm trees and bushes and swim at my parents after taking care of their animals.... ahhhh Tho they are buttoned up tight for Hurricane season.. I am going to drag a chair over with me to soak up the sun and snooze maybe! :)

PANDA .. KICKA** it is for September!!! :D

Happy Day to all! and Hello Daimere... I hope your stay is very short lived as you head on back down to 230-220 thread! (Take us with you!!! Pleaseeeeeee! :) )

Nagazim
09-01-2013, 03:39 PM
SouthernBell - thanks for the tips. I think I was doing what I normally do and trying to overthink it all. DH sat me down (like only he knows how to) and made my brain chill out so I would relax.

I just obsess over wanting a number to attain. I don't know why I do that. It's why calorie counting works so well for me though. Even eating 100% whole foods, I still need to track my calories. I'll lose control without it.

Sue - Congrats on the reloss. I seriously hate relosing almost as much as I hate the fat in the first place. Constantly wondering WHY DID I LET MYSELF GET HERE, and now having to stay here longer than I wanted is aggravating! Hopefully your yard work and swimming will result in a nice whoosh on outta here ;) (TAKE ME PLEASE!)

Panda- Congrats on SBD working out! I hope you continue to have a lot of success with it!

Daimere - Welcome aboard! Don't stay long ;)

AFM: Today is my usual measurement day. Since we had church and a pot luck to prepare for, I didn't have the time this AM. I did weigh and was bummed that it's up a little 247.4 though I did eat salsa and blue corn chips last night before bed so that could be the culprit. I've done excellently with my exercise this week and plan to continue. I can't wait for my heart rate monitor to come it! It's going to make it a lot more fun (I think). I was very proud of myself since we did have the church pot luck today. This months theme was finger foods and I made a healthy shredded veggie wrap with hummus. Everyone loved it and kept asking me for the recipe (which I don't have since it just sounded good and I didn't measure my veggies out precisely). I also got "wow, I can tell you've lost weight" comments :D It was a good day!

wannaskipandlaugh
09-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Oh how I hate the ending of a 3 day weekend... ahhhhh... I just got the stress outta my shoulders. I planted my Alamanda's and swept then bleached my screen porch floor... Visited my parents house and took care of the cats and BBQ dinner for the week and now catching up on things... I still need to trim my trees..... but it was just to darn hot and humid (we had some nasty thunderstorms this afternoon. But I was at 243 this morning. I have not cheated all day... I do need to walk some more to get my 7000 steps in .. (right now I am at 5900). I am hoping for a good scale reading tomorrow.. (tho my Bratwurst was SALTY!)

I hope that everyone did have a very nice holiday and enjoyed family and friends (mine are all gone - moved or vacationing) but I have myself today and I had fun! LOLOLOL

mjmelwel
09-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Good day ladies! Well a Labour Day long weekend of eating everything in sight has sent me up to 248.2...so not cool. Why do we do that to ourselves?

Anyway, now I need to lose again just to get down to last week's weight and hopefully I don't stop there. I miss the lower end of the 240's...come back to me!

Nagazim
09-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Hi ladies! I had a great holiday weekend. No cheating (squeeeeeeeee!) That's the biggest accomplishment that I could have had. Even at our pot luck, I did very well. I have ended up eating right at or 100 cals over my calorie allowance, but since I don't normally hit my limit I think it'll even out. I was at 247.0 today. Really wanting to see 245! I measured yesterday morning and I've lost 25.5 inches between my thigh, hips, waist, chest, and upper arm. I'll take it!

I made a healthy potato and cauliflower soup tonight. It was SOOOO good!

I'm going to start lifting light weights tonight so I'm not just doing cardio everyday. Happy Tuesday!

http://images.wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/WaldenWorkout.gif

Only Believe
09-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Knock Knock... guess who?????? It's the woman who saw 248.8 on the scale this morning!!! It may not stick because it was a 2.4 drop from yesterday's weigh in, but I'm going to take it and try to hang on for dear life. LOL

mjmelwel
09-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Nagazim way to be such a good girl over the weekend!

Only Believe So happy to see you joining! Congrats on the weight loss and I really hope it sticks!

Last night I decided to try The Biggest Loser Yoga for Weight Loss video. I do yoga a couple times a week generally and love it...well man that video made me feel weak! They changed my yoga class and it's too late for me so now I have to do my yoga at home and it was really challenging. I was down nearly 3 pounds on the scale this morning so I guess that takes care of my weekend weight.

Right now I'm also doing a cleanse called "CleanseSmart" by Renew Life. It's a really good one and I don't find it too intense. Hopefully that will help jump start some changes. Along with that I started juicing some of these garden veggies of mine!

Have a great day ladies!

pandathedestroyer
09-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Weighed in this morning to....

>:| It couldn't give me just one measly .2 less?????

Nagazim
09-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Hi girls! Congrats MJ and Panda on your losses! Panda you're so close to being outta here!!

I made it to 246.0 this morning. My scale will usually give me 3 different weights all in the same 2 lb range and it's annoying. I'm trying to only weigh once. It's hard to not "make sure" though.

I'm going to start swapping around my cardio where I'll do the treadmill some days and Leslie Sanson DVD others. I need the variety. Dh declared today he's gonna start his weight lifting again. This makes me pretty happy since I love his muscles. He's not over weight just got lazy with lifting. Since we're all clean eating, hes dropped extra weight unintentionally.

I've set myself a couple goals. I want to be 229 by Halloween and strive for 199 by New Years. The onederland goal will require a miracle but I'm gonna try anyways!

ETA: I somehow missed ONLYBELIEVE being here!!! Wow! You're flying through these threads! I wanna sit extra close to you so you can take me with you on your way out! ;) Way to go!

belovedspirit
09-04-2013, 04:31 PM
I'd like to peek in and join you ladies in this this thread! I hope to only be here for a brief time, but it's great to be able to call this thread home for now! :)

mjmelwel
09-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Way to go belovedspirit!! It's so awesome to see new people in here! Here's to a quick pass through for ya!

wannaskipandlaugh
09-04-2013, 10:23 PM
HELLO ONLYBELIEVE and BELOVED! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy You all got here!.. So happy to see you both too! :) and so very happy to have you both in the 240's - Tho NOT for long as we are all going to head into the 230-220's and overwhelm them there.. ( My journey is really taking a long time this time and I had hoped a single decade woulda been faster.... Not for me - But you both will fly by me! ) Oh so happy to have you both here! :D

belovedspirit
09-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Thank you so much for the warm welcomes, mjmelwel and Sue!

Sue, you are doing so well! I remember us in the 280s/270s thread, and now look at how far you have come! It's amazing!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you see a woosh soon. In the meantime, have faith and keep up the awesome effort; it WILL happen! :carrot:

Only Believe
09-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Thanks girls. I sure hope I can stay. I gotta go shopping soon, most of my things are getting way too big :)

Only Believe
09-05-2013, 10:33 AM
247 this morning. Those numbers seem unreal. I was just reflecting back and I was 293.6 when I first posted back in the getting out of the 290's thread on May 29th. (295 was my start weight a few days before)
I'm keeping the denim skirt I wore that started it all.. I had went out to eat with hubby and I remember thinking that my skirt was getting too tight and it was one of the bigger things I had. If I gained any more I'd have to go buy new clothes. I was miserable that meal out and the next day was the start of my journey to lose. I put that skirt on the other day to show my hubby how big it had gotten on me. It looks huge on me now LOL I've lost 48 lbs and have exactly that much to go to reach onederland. I can do it again! Onederland is not some far off place in my mind any more. I just gotta do what I've already done, one more time!
If you haven't done so already, go back and check out some of your first postings. It feels great to see how far I've come... To onderland I go...:)

pandathedestroyer
09-05-2013, 11:21 AM
239.8 as of this morning!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

This is the lowest I've been since I quit smoking almost a year ago! OMG.

Gonna give it one more day to make sure I'm actually down to this weight and then I'm gonna move my butt over to the 230's thread. :)

Only Believe
09-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Pandathedestroyer it looks like your moving out just as I'm moving in. I hope those numbers keep falling for you and you get out of those 230's quickly. :) Congrats!

Nagazim
09-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Well done Only and Panda!

Only - I haven't started getting rid of clothing yet, but I need to. I have a jean skirt that had become all I fit in and didn't feel like I was suffocating. That old faithful is baggy big now. It feels good to find "new" old clothes in my closet that I'm getting back in to.

I have a goal outfit. My weightloss will be over once I can wear it comfortably. On our first Christmas together, he bought me this super pretty size 6/8 outfit. I told him 10/12. Needless to say, I've never worn it. I believe I weighed 160ish when we met, then gained about 25lbs after we were married (we both did). I want to wear that dress!

245.4 this morning getting closer to my next goal weight of 237. I weighed that in May 2010. It's the lowest I got after my son's birth. 230s here I come!

belovedspirit
09-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Congratulations Onlybelieve and Pandthedestroyer!! :carrot:

Onlybelieve -- our numbers are similar, and mine feel surreal to me, too! I also have clothes that are now large on me, and I keep asking myself if they stretched! :lol: (No, I think they did not. ;))

pandathedestroyer
09-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks so much Only, Nagazim and Beloved! I'm sooo excited...really hope I wake up in the 230's again tomorrow. It seems so iffy right now, and I'm doubting it, like it was a fluke [even though I weighed twice just to make sure].

mjmelwel
09-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Ladies you are total beacons of hope for me!

Panda I'll really miss your energy but I'm so proud of you driving through this decade like that!

Only Thank you so much for sharing your story. I marvel at how far you've come and how consistent you've been. Keep that skirt for the Women's World photo shoot when you're done! (You know the one...where you have that toothpaste smile on your face because the skirt is miles too big)

Nagazim I got all choked up reading your post. You will wear that outfit yet I just know it!

I'm bouncing a little bit but I'm really motivated to get in a great workout tonight and hopefully see the numbers coming back down down down again. Have a good one gals!

Daimere
09-05-2013, 10:19 PM
I am daily weighing again and today I got a very positive weight. But it's not official yet. I am glad since yesterday wasn't as positive as I would want!

wannaskipandlaugh
09-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Panda... WOOHOO for you! You did it! Onto the next thread.. I am very happy for you! :)

I see everyone is talking about their big clothes... and storing them... (Me too)... My closet is full of everything from 3X (26) to L (14).. and I am not ready to give up the bigger sizes, tho they do hang on me. Its kinda nice to see the result of losing 62 lbs. The clothes show it too as they are baggy.... Its kinda my mirror of what I have done. I don't have much money and (just like a few of you) afraid to get rid of the biggest clothes as (if something happens,,,,, not that it would be up to me!) that I need them still... I could not afford to buy them for a few years... BUT I will not need them (I will NOT!).... Tho the way the scale has been treating me these last 6 weeks... I am just about ready to punch it! :( I will not be in this thread watching you all go onto the next one without me I WILL NOT!

mjmelwel
09-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Wannaskipandlaugh 62 pounds is wild!!! Way to be! I know that scale is going to shock you one of these days and you'll be on your way out of this group too.

My weight is creeeeeeping downwards and I'm fine with that. I'm officially in 3rd place in my current biggest loser style challenge and I only have this month to see if I can win it all, so I'd love to see those numbers go down a little faster (a lot faster) but I am satisfied with any consistent loss.

Of course being at 246.1 means I'm not at the lowest number I was last week yet so that's kind of a bummer. I hate hitting a low only to shoot up and have to work to hit it again. But I'll get there.

I've done some really challenging yoga this week (my fitness goal is to hit 1000 minutes of yoga in September!) and I am feeling it all over.

The most important moment for me today was pulling on a pair of bright red denim capri's that I had to sausage myself into earlier this summer only to have them fit and look great on me...so even though I haven't lost tons of pounds yet, I've def lost some size and that makes me feel so great!

I hope you all have an awesome day and a fantastic weekend. Keep up the amazing work everyone!

pandathedestroyer
09-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Weighed in at 240.0 today.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I refuse to acknowledge this weigh-in [not changing my ticker, dammit!]. Going to work out and eat healthy and drink tons of water, and tomorrow, I'll be under 240 and that's all there is to it!

belovedspirit
09-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Panda -- keep at it and you will see the 230s again soon! Darn scales! lol

wannaskipandlaugh -- You can do this! The plateau WILL break and when it does, you'll be that much stronger and resilient for it! Slow and steady will win the race. :goodvibes

mjmelwel -- Glad to hear you're keeping on! And congrats with the pants! I always have such a blast being able to wear clothes that were previously too small. What an awesome feeling!! :D

Diamere -- Yay! Here's to more of those this weekend! :)

Nagazim
09-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Mj - do you find that you really enjoy yoga? Like do you feel more centered and relaxed after? I'm very interested in it but not sure I'd like it.

Panda - I'm sure it'll be back down tomorrow. You've got this!

Sue - I was planning to hold on to mine for awhile but I think I'm an odd shape and they hung really weird on me. Possibly because my boobilies aren't that big.

I cleaned my closet of all the 3x I had. It's much more spacious and I may end up wearing more things now that I've found them! It was such a job to finish but I was happy to try on some of my stuff and they fell off. I went from a size 26/28 to now I'm a 20/22 comfortably. It's progress!