Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 5/30/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 05-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all.
From yesterday, here is link to Amberjules cauliflower pizza:
http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/c...-crust-recipe/

I let it get really brown in oven before adding the toppings and I used paper towels to get the excess moisture out of the cauliflower so it wasn't too mushy.

Off to golf, have a great day!

Last edited by MY3labs; 05-30-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/201/185

Height: 5'11"

I have been on phase one for about 3 weeks now and things are going well. Only thing i notice is low energy. I have a big weekend of golf ahead of me. I will play 36 holes Saturday, and 18 Sunday. I will be walking so this is real excercise. This is around 10 miles Saturday, and 5 miles Sunday. I am a little concerned that my energy level is a low for this. Any thoughts on what I should do? Just drink an extra shake?
Old 05-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #4  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLoser View Post
I have been on phase one for about 3 weeks now and things are going well. Only thing i notice is low energy. I have a big weekend of golf ahead of me. I will play 36 holes Saturday, and 18 Sunday. I will be walking so this is real excercise. This is around 10 miles Saturday, and 5 miles Sunday. I am a little concerned that my energy level is a low for this. Any thoughts on what I should do? Just drink an extra shake?
Extra packet for sure, and maybe 2 on Saturday. Grab a couple of Quest Bars as they're easy to stick in your pocket and eat on the go. Plus if you're buying them at GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe they tend to be a little stale and sticky. An hour in your pocket will warm them up and soften them considerably.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Morning folks. It's been a long, long week in Spiritman's house. Firstly, I've been extremely tired every day for the last week. Between finishing up teaching, placing students in practicums, and yard work I've managed to get 3 naps a day in and still feel exhausted.

DW repeatedly told me I should be taking an extra packet but I would have to turn in my Man Card if I listened to my wife's suggestions. Sorta of like stopping and asking for directions when she tells you to. Just can't be done in a man's world. But I sure as heck will complain about things -"I'm tired, I don't feel well, etc. etc."

Along with the tiredness I've been "headachey" - not a real word I know but it describes what I was, lol, - and I am sure I ate enough salt to melt a good portion of any icy interstate. It was one of the few things that helped me feel better.

A few more body complaints while I'm at it for this week, breath. As in my breath has smelled like I licked the south end of a north bound skunk this week. Literally, I was sitting working at my desk and caught a whiff of something foul. I actually lifted and looked at the bottom of shoes to check if I had stepped in dog crap somewhere along the line. Boy howdy did my breath stink. Awesome - let's put it this way my students sure weren't asking too many questions in class that day. So needless to say the toothbrush and toothpaste are now being packed to work with me.

One last body thing I swear. It's actually a good thing. My collarbones are protruding so much and feel so sharp I'm sure I can slice hard cheese on them. I can't eat the cheese mind you but I could sure as heck slice and serve it to others - doesn't that sound appetizing, buhahah.

Did my weekly weigh in and I am down 1.5 pounds for the week. So that's a total of 107.5 total loss of which 87.5 has been lost while on IP. So between the extra physical labor, the salt and stress and it being an off week - I seem to only lose every second week - I am quite pleased with the scale showing any loss.

So that's my story for the week folks. I hope every one has a good day and congratulations to those with victories this week and positive thoughts and good vibes to those who need the support this week.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Good morning! Thanks for the smile Spiritman .
Old 05-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Spiritman: Congrats on the loss and thanks for the laughs! Although I do have to agree with your wife about adding the extra packet since you were doing yard work. Keep up the great work!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Spiritman - thanks for the laughs!

Oh, and about the yard work - if you're worried about your man-card over something like having an extra packet (sometime before you crash into a siesta), remember that Popeye always ate his spinach before he put the smackdown on someone. So take your darn extra packet before you rough up the lawn & bushes next time.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all! Today is P3-2...I start phase 3 on saturday. I am having very mixed emotions about it. I haven't hit my goal, though I have gone from an 18/20 to a 6! Still, it feels like there's about 15 lbs left to go and that's hard to accept. It is a struggle some days to stay 100% OP (my few cheats have been extra protein) when the scale or measurements just aren't moving.

On the other hand, I've been struggling so much with plateaus and such that I think it will be really good for me to take a break and see how my skin and body settles out before deciding how much more to lose.

So, I'm choosing to be happy with where I am -- weighing less than I did in high school -- for now. And I'll just have to accept that mixed feelings come with the territory, and I can always come back to phase 1 if I want.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Good morning all! Today is P3-2...I start phase 3 on saturday. I am having very mixed emotions about it. I haven't hit my goal, though I have gone from an 18/20 to a 6! Still, it feels like there's about 15 lbs left to go and that's hard to accept. It is a struggle some days to stay 100% OP (my few cheats have been extra protein) when the scale or measurements just aren't moving.

On the other hand, I've been struggling so much with plateaus and such that I think it will be really good for me to take a break and see how my skin and body settles out before deciding how much more to lose.

So, I'm choosing to be happy with where I am -- weighing less than I did in high school -- for now. And I'll just have to accept that mixed feelings come with the territory, and I can always come back to phase 1 if I want.
You are not alone! But I think you are making a healthy choice - it's so very tempting on IP to see how far we can "push it" - especially when we have shrunk past our old thinnest size. IP is not going to take care of loose skin, soft muscle tone or cellulite, although it is FABULOUS to get rid of those layers of fat! When we see that carrot (the one that says "if I push it a little more, I'll bet I can go down ONE MORE SIZE") dangling in front of us, it's going to be hard to mentally take a step back and be realistic about what we can maintain based on ALL the factors at play - age, activity level, food habits, lifestyle, basic body chemistry. Phase 1 WILL always be there if you spend time where you are and find that your maintainable weight might be a little lower than you thought. Good luck!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #11  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Debrasb I'm starting phase 3 tomorrow with reasoning that is very similar to yours. Not quite where I wanted to stop, but I will spend the summer being happy with where I am right now. I'm hoping that exercise will get me closer to where I wanted to be. If not, I'll go back to phase 1 in the fall.

The nice thing is at least we will be able to wear our summer clothes all summer, without having to worry that we need a smaller size!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Debrasb I'm starting phase 3 tomorrow with reasoning that is very similar to yours. Not quite where I wanted to stop, but I will spend the summer being happy with where I am right now. I'm hoping that exercise will get me closer to where I wanted to be. If not, I'll go back to phase 1 in the fall.

The nice thing is at least we will be able to wear our summer clothes all summer, without having to worry that we need a smaller size!
Thanks scorbett and ragdoll!! I am so so ready to eat peanut butter. And it will be nice to enjoy summer fruit, of course!!

As always, everyone's support is so appreciated. In thanks, I will try and type up my cauliflower polenta with red peppers recipe today!!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #13  

Quote:
Thanks scorbett and ragdoll!! I am so so ready to eat peanut butter. And it will be nice to enjoy summer fruit, of course!!

As always, everyone's support is so appreciated. In thanks, I will try and type up my cauliflower polenta with red peppers recipe today!!
Peanut butter - yes! I have snuck a a little into my smoothies once or twice when I was really craving it - I really like the taste of it in them. I did see some "fake" peanut butter where they sell WF but decided the real thing was better for me nutritionally if I was going to have any at all.

Thanks for these cauliflower suggestions - they look amazing. This might be a dumb question but can I cut up the cauliflower into tiny pieces in my Vitamix? I don't have any other food processor.

Amber, thank you for making the recipes so nice to print. That is such a joy!

Last edited by peaches17; 05-30-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #14  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

The cauliflower polenta sounds good. ITA on the peanut butter. My favorite mid day snack before IP was apples and peanut butter.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Oh man, I love peanut butter but I think it's a trigger for me. I could easily sit down and mindlessly eat half a jar :-/
Closed Thread