Weight Loss Surgery - Surgery in Belgium?

View Full Version : Surgery in Belgium?

AliceHayes
05-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi All,

I am sick and tired of trying out different weight loss programmes at gyms or diets and not seeing any end results. My weight stays the same which in a way is good because my weight just kept creeping however, when will I ever see it drop?

I am now deadly serious about weight loss surgery, particularly the Gastric Sleeve or Gastric Bypass. I do not want a Gastric Lap-Band because I hate the fact that 1) it means I'd have to keep going back for aftercare (refills) and 2) it costs heck of a lot more in the long run.

Has anyone gone to Belgium for surgery?

I have a friend who went to Belgium over a year ago now and she looks and feels fantastic and she recommended a particular Doctor and hospital but I just want to see if there is anyone else who experienced the same good treatment as she did abroad?

jiffypop
05-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Alice - nice to meet you! we've had people go to Mexico, India, and some folks who have had surgery in Europe, but i don't remember the countries - except for Poland.

nobody has had any complaints about traveling to a different country. at least, not yet. but i can't really say.

Cheery_char
01-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Pleased to meet you all!

To expand the map of possible surgery locations, I'd just like to tell you I've had my surgery in Lithuania (surgeon Maleckas), and was impressed. At first glance I thought of Eastern Europe as a post-soviet country with questionable health-care services. But I did my research, spoke to the surgeon on the phone first, and made sure I got the phone numbers of previous patients.

So it's all good to go abroad for the surgery, as long as you do your homework! :)