Chicks up for a Challenge - *Getting Fit for Baby!!*

View Full Version : *Getting Fit for Baby!!*

Pink Hurricane
05-27-2013, 10:34 AM
The title says it all! This challenge can be joined at any time, with your own start date and goal date. Basically this is for anyone, whether they've not had children yet or are hoping to have another one, that want to get as healthy and fit as possible before having a baby! :preg:

My husband and I want to start having babies in 2014, and after speaking with my doctors about it we all agree that losing some poundage and developing healthier habits would be best before we begin!

So I am starting this challenge for anyone out there would might have some similar goals and would like some extra accountability. I also want this thread to be used as a place for support as this is not going to be a very easy journey for anyone, but consistency will pay off!

State your goals, whether weight related or other such as health or fitness related, and check in whenever you can! Also there is a spreadsheet to help track your progress! (HUGE thanks to Zoesmom!) Click HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AurXndfA75uSdHRVci1OVllMNkdid05tZTluYVZpR mc#gid=3) to add your stats!

Let's do this ladies! :cheer2::cheer3::strong::lifter:

Pink Hurricane
05-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Stating my goals for this challenge!

*I would like to reach 200lbs or lower before my husband and I decide to get the green flag to begin!
*Complete 1 full round of Insanity
*Complete a 5K race
*Stick with cleaner eating
*Exercise at least every other day, preferably every day with at least one rest day a week.

SW: 245
GW for challenge:199
Date for goal: Early to Mid 2014

Weigh in stats are in spreadsheet in the OP.

zoesmom
05-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Yes please :)

I have no idea my start weight as I am on vaca and have no scale around me, so I will have to update that either later today when I get home or tomorrow. But yes, awesome challenge! Hubby and I want #2 but are dead set that until my health is stabilized it will not happen.

Goals:
*Get to at least 200 pounds
* Have a daily routine that involves and hour of mommy exercise time (currently at 45 minutes)
* Want to be able to run non-stop for at least 30 minutes.

SW: 240.8
GW for challenge: 200
Date for goal: End of 2013

5/31~
6/7~
6/14~
6/21~
6/28~
7/5~
7/12~
7/19~
7/26~
8/2~
8/9~
8/16~
8/23~
8/30~
9/6~
9/13~
9/20~
9/27~

Pink Hurricane
05-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Yaaaay glad to have you on board Zoe!! We definitely have similar goals and stats and also happen to be in the same state which is awesome! :D Enjoy the rest of your vacation though, I'm glad you are here!!

smisen
05-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Definitely in for this! My husband and I had a stillbirth in April and we don't know yet if we'll be cleared to try again for another pregnancy. If we are, we'll definitely be considered high risk, so it's important to me to get my weight down and my body healthy to minimize as many other risk factors as I can. Looking forward to losing weight with you ladies!

My goals:

*Finish my first 360-minute exercise objective on the XBOX "Your Shape" game by 6/30
*Cook healthy breakfasts and dinners 5 out of 7 days each week through 6/30
*Lose 4% of my body weight by 6/28 for DietBet challenge

SW: 203
GW for challenge:173

5/31~ 201.7
6/7~
6/14~
6/21~
6/28~
7/5~
7/12~
7/19~
7/26~
8/2~
8/9~
8/16~
8/23~
8/30~
9/6~
9/13~
9/20~
9/27~

loganandlivsmom
05-27-2013, 03:01 PM
The title of this thread intrigued me even though I am finished with having babies. Mine are 18 and 8 and I just had a hysterectomy this month. LOL ;)

BUT, I wanted to cheer you all on! I was 250 when I found out I was pregnant both times, ten years apart! I gained 30 the 1st time and 20 the 2nd. I was blessed with no health issues. If you ladies lose weight before, then you lower any risks like gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia, etc.. PLUS if you are built like me and gain in the middle you don't want to have it take so long for people to realize you are preggo! LOL

smisen- I am sorry you had a stillborn. I can't even imagine what you are going through. God bless! :hug:

Good luck to you all. I bet you will be great support for one another on your journeys.

zoesmom
05-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Thanks Pink!! Agreed, so have similar starting stats and goals! Where about in GA are you? I am just a tad north of Atlanta, probably 40 minutes or so.

And I know that #1 was HARD as I was overweight (aka bed rest for most of my term and a preemie birht)....I don't want to relive that nightmare. I also know now how important it is to have alone mommy time set aside each day, something I refuse to give up again. An hour away from me, my kid will be fine with dad or someone else. And I NEED that time so I don't go bonkers! :crazy:

:welcome: smisen Here's hoping you the best...a stillborn...that had to be hard. :hug:

Andee3112
05-28-2013, 09:20 AM
I would love to join you guys - we also want to try for a baby in 2014. i am trying to lose weight simply by eating less. I have been on countless diets and just want to not cut out any foods anymore.

Should we have a weigh in day?

My goals are:
- run three times a week (I just started the C25k app)
- drink 2 liters of water

I want to stay away from rules as far as possible and just watch my calorie intake.

zoesmom
05-28-2013, 10:14 AM
That's a good idea Andee, and :welcome:, both to 3FC and to the challenge!

Here, we can use this (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AurXndfA75uSdHRVci1OVllMNkdid05tZTluYVZpR mc#gid=3) to track (unless I stepped on Pink's toes, guess I should have asked first. This okay Pink?)

smisen
05-29-2013, 10:02 AM
loganandlivsmom and zoesmom - Thanks so much. It's been hard for sure, but we've been lucky to have incredibly supportive friends, family members and support group friends in our lives. Stillbirth is (unfortunately) a lot more common than most people realize!

Looking forward to losing weight with you ladies :)

NemesisClaws
05-29-2013, 10:33 AM
Hey Everyone! :) I'm also hoping to be pregnant in 2014, but before that happens, I definitely want to lose a lot of weight first. I feel heavy enough now; can't imagine how heavy I'll feel if I got pregnant and still have all this weight too!

My short term goal for this summer is to get more active and to get outside more. I'm such a hermit, and I need to change my ways. :)

Pink Hurricane
05-31-2013, 07:08 AM
Welcome everybody!!! Zoesmom that's a fantastic idea, I think we should definitely use a google doc! I don't know exactly how to make one though...so yeah HELP! :D

Smisen I am so sorry to hear about your stillborn, there are no words to describe what you and your hubby have been through :hugs

I am very happy to see everyone joining up! We can definitely get a google doc for weigh ins to keep track of everyone better, and as far as weigh in day it's whenever you want to weigh in, on a weekly basis!

Now, who knows how to do a google doc?

zoesmom
05-31-2013, 09:33 AM
:lol: Me. But I had forgot to make it public. Click my link up top and you can access it now. Sorry about that! :lol:

smisen
06-01-2013, 12:48 PM
zoesmom - Looks like the document is set to view only. Is there a way we can add our information? Thanks for setting this up!

tehshort1
06-01-2013, 01:17 PM
I am very interested in joining this challenge. My husband and I have been trying for years without success (both super overweight) and now that we are getting down there we are trying again. I was told that being overweight was a huge factor in having difficulty conceiving. I will keep to my goal of 130 for this challenge. My goal is to hit it by December 2013. 130 for me is in the healthy BMI range. I love the idea of having the spreadsheet. So cool! I'll definately be adding myself!

Pink Hurricane
06-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Alrighty ZoesMom I love that you know how to do it!
However I went to enter my stats, and it's in view only mode.
Is there a way we can change that?

Once we get this fixed I will add it to the OP as well so everyone can put in their stats!

Pink Hurricane
06-01-2013, 02:27 PM
YAY Welcome to the challenge tehshort!!!
:cheer2:

2fat2jump
06-01-2013, 04:02 PM
count me in! I've had problems with my cycles for years and have been working to get things back to normal for the last year. Trying to conceive has been my main motivation for losing weight this time around. Hope to be down under 300 before even considering to try.

zoesmom
06-01-2013, 04:42 PM
:lol: See what happens when I have a kid always tugging on my sleeve?! SORRY again! You all can edit now :lol: And I want another one of these?! :lol:

tehshort1
06-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Thanks Zoesmom!

zoesmom
06-02-2013, 05:08 PM
no prob :)

So, last night, my husband pulls me aside and this was his question: So, we keep using this "if" word. Help stroke my ego....we both want another kid right? It isn't just me?

I could have cried I was so happy. :) I mean, here I am, obviously trying to get my weight under control, and that has been one of the "if" factors. Another is his age, given he is a tad older than me. But...that confirmed EVERYTHING! We both seriously, honestly, want a second one. And there is no if. It is a true want. Oh...come on weight loss!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

loganandlivsmom
06-03-2013, 07:27 AM
smisen- you're welcome. I just can't see someone stating they had a stillborn and not respond. My sister's best friend (known each other since childhood) had a stillborn with her first pregnancy. She was just a month from her due date. She went on to have two sons after that. It was the saddest thing even as a friend to go through. I am glad you have a good support system! God bless! :hug:

Pink Hurricane
06-05-2013, 03:26 PM
2fat2jump~ Welcome to the challenge! We are all excited to have another person on board!

Zoesmom~ Thank youuuuuuuu for getting the spreadsheet up and going, I added it to the OP so people can access it ASAP! :D Also I think that is so wonderful about you and your husband both realizing this is now a WANT and WHEN instead of if!

So oddly enough this weekend I started experience side effects from my birth control pill, I recently had the Mirena removed and switched to the Pill after having Mirena for five years. But yea, all the more reason I want to get this weight off so I don't have to bother with synthetic hormones for a while and just relax and start making babies when the time comes. My husband is so ready for babies now, as am I, but he is very supportive of me trying to lose weight before we start!

zoesmom
06-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Well BOOO! TOM hit and caused water weight retention so I am up 1/2 a pound from yesterday. At least I am down from last week.

Pink - I dread having the Mirena removed. I've been told mine has migrated, so it is going to be just difficult to get it out...and most likely a tad painful. But the pill is a no-go for me. I got pregnant with #1 on the pill (I followed the instructions religiously) and learned afterwards that with all the medications I take, the pill is more or less useless for me. I hear you though, saying BYE-BYE to synthetic hormones will be BLISSFUL! :D

Good luck ladies...hope you saw downward movement!

NemesisClaws
06-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Just started logging in to the spreadsheet! Sorry I'm so slow. Just came off a week after Mother Nature paid me a visit. Ugh!

I definitely needed something like this so that it kicks my butt into exercising. That's the one area I have trouble with the most....

Pink Hurricane
06-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Zoesmom~ How long have you had Mirena? I had mine the full five years, and the last 6 months it started moving as well, and at some point the strings had become super short. They couldn't reach it since the strings were basically gone, so they tried a few more mechanisms before the literally had to 'fish' for it. My doctor was really good about being careful, aside from feeling pressure and a few short and sharp pains I was not in as much pain after it came out that I thought I would be in. I feel a thousand times better having it out though!
As far as the pill, I am not a fan of these side effects. I started experiencing pregnancy like side effects and then TOM showed up so I know I'm not preggo, but I am considering just getting off of the pill after this week or doing one more month to give myself a little more time to lose the extra weight.

Nemesis~ Glad you are definitely here and logging! I have always had trouble with the exercise portion as well. Nutrition is easy for me, exercise is easy once I am doing it, my problem is motivating myself to start moving for the day!

So since I am finishing up my first month on the pill, I started having some crazy side effects to the point where TOM was almost a week late and my husband and I were thinking I was preggo. We took a test and it was negative and TOM showed up this morning. Even though I want to lose some of this excess weight, my husband and I were both a little disappointed about the test being negative, even though I am on birth control lol! We decided it is probably going to take anywhere from a few months to a year to conceive so I am thinking of not being on the pill anymore once I finish this pack and keep eating right and exercising! The other part of me is wanting to do one more month of BC then let my body regulate, but I haven't completely decided yet.

Lost 0.8 of a pound this week, not what I wanted but it's not a gain so I am happy!

zoesmom
06-14-2013, 11:22 PM
pink - I have had it almost 4 years. And the string has always been super short...yeah me!! :lol:

I started having weird morning sickness type moments this week. Not pregnant...checked. I think it has something to do with my diet. I have stopped for the moment, just watching what I eat, so not OP like I would like to be...but need to know if my diet is effecting my health adversely...don't need that! So, scale barely moved for me. Hope you all did better than I! Goodluck!

NemesisClaws
06-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Ech, a bit disappointed in my weight loss so far. Bought a pilate bar the other day from Bed, Bath & Beyond. Want to try doing some pilates movements while I'm watching tv. Trying to see if that will get me more motivated to keep moving instead of being a couch potato.

Pink Hurricane
06-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Everyone has been doing well so far! I know I am a bit disappointed in my loss so far as well but we gotta keep pushing and staying consistent, that is going to pay off for us!

This past couple of weeks have been pretty nuts, I'm still having hormonal withdraws after the Mirena and the BCP that I took for a month, and I am so happy to be done with synthetic hormones now. My weight was so up and down the past two weeks, this morning it was at 243 so that's good but I am expecting better for myself now. My hubby and I are getting back into Insanity, things were so busy last week that it was hard to fit it in, and we did a few runs to make up for it.

How is everyone doing?

zoesmom
06-21-2013, 09:09 AM
I went the wrong direction...dag nab it!!!!

zoesmom
06-28-2013, 10:47 AM
WOW tehshort!!!! You are TOTALLY rocking this!!!!! :cheer:

I went down from my gain last week...maybe, just maybe I can now keep going down? Please? Pretty Please? :D

NemesisClaws
06-28-2013, 12:17 PM
I mostly got my sleeping habits straighten out this week...mostly....I'm such a diehard night owl that it's been difficult to retrain myself to see the light again...lol

I used my pilate's bar yesterday....wow....you can really brain yourself with these things.....if nothing else, it's definitely a handy tool to have if a thief breaks in. LOL

I also went for one whole day of swimming with my family. So I'm making progress in getting myself off the couch and being more active. :)

2fat2jump
06-29-2013, 10:33 AM
Great job NemesisClaws! I think exercise has been the key to my success this time around. For the most part I've come to like it and don't feel like I have to drag myself to get going. (except for during TOM)

Hope you had a great time swimming. Sounds like fun!

zoesmom
06-29-2013, 10:40 AM
WHY couldn't TODAY be weigh in!!! :lol: I dropped 2 pounds over night! GOOD BYE water weight!

Pink Hurricane
07-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Wow Nemisis that is awesome!!! I love what you said about the bar having double duty, both for exercise and for robbery! :lol:

2Fat I feel the same way about exercise. It takes me gearing up the exercise for my body to start reacting better to everything else that I do!

Zoesmom congrats on losing that extra weight! I know it always feels a lot better to have a small gain come back off!

Unfortunately over the past week I have had a rough time with being on plan because of so much food being around for cookouts and such. So I'm up a LOT but I know I can take it back off.

tehshort1
07-01-2013, 06:56 PM
WOW tehshort!!!! You are TOTALLY rocking this!!!!! :cheer:

Thanks Zoesmom! I am trying so hard! I don't want to jinx myself but Im a few days late... :) I'm hoping its a good sign, but I'm not going to take a test until Friday. Wish me luck!

mccull83
07-02-2013, 12:03 AM
I'd love you join you ladies! Found out my husband had cancer 1 1/2 years ago RIGHT when we decided we wanted to try for kids.....he had to have repeat treatment June 1st this year and we were told we have to wait a minimum of 6 months before getting pregnant. SOOOooooo, I'd love to be at a healthier weight by then. Maybe 210pounds by December 1st??

zoesmom
07-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Welcome mccull!! Hate to hear about your husband, but glad you and he are working to overcome such a huge obstacle!

zoesmom
07-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Thanks Zoesmom! I am trying so hard! I don't want to jinx myself but Im a few days late... :) I'm hoping its a good sign, but I'm not going to take a test until Friday. Wish me luck!

Keep us posted! :D

Pink Hurricane
07-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Tehshort!!! I am sending you baby dust!!! You have been working super hard so I hope that when you test on Friday it's positive! :D

Mccull Welcome welcome!!! We love having new people join us! I am sorry to hear about what you and your husband are going through however you both seem like super strong people that can tackle any problems that come your way. I think 6 months is plenty of time for you to reach healthy goals that you have set and then joy be brought to both of you in good health!

So how's everyone doing so far this week? I weighed in closer to 253, so hoping to be out of the 250s for good by the end of next week. TOM is supposed to start between today and Friday, so we shall see how everything plays out. :)

Rintin
07-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi ladies!! So happy to find a tread with the exact thing I am working on. This would be my first and my husband and I want to start trying in September. My main goal is to gain strength and lose the excess fat before hand so when we are blessed with a baby I can concentrate on the happiness an d new responsibilities with being a mom not be obsessed with how much I want to lose. Can't wait to start! Will b sure to log my weight tomorrow. I have ad a rough month so I know I am up in relation to what is on the left.

Rintin
07-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Pink- thanks again so much for setting this up! I have issues with overeating, I an up 5 lbs in two weeks, from plain old over indulgence in food and drinking (the drinking thing I know will need to stop)
Zoemoms- thanks or google docs! I am entered and ready to start learning to eat better.

tehshort1
07-07-2013, 10:10 AM
:preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg:

Woot! Thank you for the baby dust PinkHurricane! I am 4 weeks preggers! So now my new goal is to max at 159 through the first trimester (gain 1-5 pounds). So happy!

zoesmom
07-07-2013, 10:57 AM
:preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg: :preg:

Woot! Thank you for the baby dust PinkHurricane! I am 4 weeks preggers! So now my new goal is to max at 159 through the first trimester (gain 1-5 pounds). So happy!
:hug: SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!

Rintin
07-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Congratulations tehshort1!!! Sounds like a great gal to strive for in the first! Just wondering did the doc have any weight gain recommendations or did u do ur own research?

tehshort1
07-07-2013, 02:28 PM
I've been going alot of research. I dont have my first dr visit until July 26th. I've also been picking the brains of my friends that are pregnant or have babies. They've all told me that you are either going to lose weight (morning sickness) or only gain upwards to 5 pounds in the first trimester. Of course when I go to the dr I'm going to double check all of this, but I imagine they would have told me when I confirmed I was pregnant if I needed start gaining.

zoesmom
07-07-2013, 05:22 PM
They will tell you to gain between 10-20 pounds regardless of how much you weigh. I was 248 with #1 and was told to gain 15. I gained 4. I did not have a happy doctor...but I also had "morning sickness" the ENTIRE pregnancy.

Rintin
07-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Oh ok! It's crazy how long doctors appointments can take to get! Thanks for letting me knoW about your research w :)

Pink Hurricane
07-08-2013, 12:29 PM
I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU TEHSHORT!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:
I cannot wait to see and hear more about your happy pregnancy! :D

Welcome Rintin to the challenge! We are all here to support each other and keep each other going so you have come to the right place! I used to drink a good bit and have problems with my eating habits so I have been overcoming those!

Zoesmom I heard the same thing about pregnancy weight gain when one is overweight or obese, that's why I wanted to at least be in the 230s or lower 240s if I got pregnant before I reached goal, I don't mind the way I feel at that weight range as much as when I am over 250, it's a big difference for me!

I am happy to say I lost 5.6lbs this past week so I am back on track! I am going to work super hard at losing the rest of my regain then focus on getting lower than 245, which was my starting weight for the challenge!

Rintin
07-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Pink Hurricane- thanks for the welcome! I want to learn to eat better and get in better shape to have a more calm mental state :)
Great work on losing 6.5 pounds! Really nice number getting back to it!!

zoesmom
07-12-2013, 09:54 AM
233.3 today :)

Rintin
07-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Nice work zoesmom!!!! Getting closer and closer to that next goal :)

Pink Hurricane
07-13-2013, 12:26 AM
Yay for the loss ZoesMom! And thanks for the encouragment Rintin!

How are you ladies doing? I was at 247.8 lbs this morning, so that's a 1.6lb loss for this week, so almost back to 245! Goal is to definitely be in the 230s asap! My husband and I have been very baby fever crazy lately, like always, but it seems to be more prominent since I'm not on any birth control and my body seems to have regulated for the most part. :woohoo:

tehshort1
07-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Officially out of weight watchers. I think it's kind of silly that you can't stay in it while pregnant to keep a healthy track and to gradually gain weight the smart way. Oh well.

I am super psyched about MyFitnessPal. It has a "maintain" feature for the 1st trimester and both "gain 0.5 pounds a week" and "gain 1 pound a week" for 2nd and 3rd trimester.

Staying healthy for baby! I'm not trying to lose anymore and I still lost 2 pounds this week! lol. oh well. I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts huh? :D :preg:

zoesmom
07-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Yay for the loss ZoesMom! And thanks for the encouragment Rintin!

How are you ladies doing? I was at 247.8 lbs this morning, so that's a 1.6lb loss for this week, so almost back to 245! Goal is to definitely be in the 230s asap! My husband and I have been very baby fever crazy lately, like always, but it seems to be more prominent since I'm not on any birth control and my body seems to have regulated for the most part. :woohoo:

Okay...I NEED to move to BC now...

StNessa79
07-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Hey everyone! I would love to join your group. First because you all seem like a great group & second because I'm in the process of losing the weight gain from my daughter so we can get pregnant with baby #2. My daughter turns 1 on August 6 and being as we're only getting older we want the next soon. When I got pregnant I weighed 208. The day I gave birth, 270 (I was so swollen I couldn't move my legs!). Today I weighed myself at 224.4. I would like to at least get back to my 208 before getting pregnant again but not using any birth control (although my daughter is birth control all in herself!). And this time around I want to be more careful about how much I gain. I lived on cheese fries and ice cream last time. Not doing that again!! I started this week working out - I've been pretty good on my portions which is why I've lost most of the weight but have been terrible about being consistently active. So Monday I tried Zumba, which was interesting. But the last two days I've been doing pilates. I've always enjoyed pilates and hope that I can get back to the level I once was (many moons ago!). When I weighed myself Monday I was at 226, today 224.4. I know I can get the last 16 lbs if I just stick with pilates and some zumba and/or walking thrown in. And hopefully somewhere along the way Baby #2 will make an appearance :)

StNessa79
07-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Got my two pilates workouts in today. Eating was decent. I want & need to focus on getting more water throughout the day. Hope everyone had a good day & was able to stay focused!

zoesmom
07-19-2013, 08:37 AM
I had a nice huge WHOOSH since last week....228.5 as of this morning! :D Taht would be a HUGE 4.8lbs lost in a week!!!!

How is everyone else doing...and welcome to our newbies in the challenge!

Rintin
07-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Great job zoesmom!! Welcome stnessa79! Zoesmom--any big challenges you were able o overcome this week? Looks like you put in a lot of hard work!!
I am not doing the best but it's Tom. Which I actually get exited for since we want to get pregnant soon and I am neverous that it might b hard since I have in frequenecy there. Or maybe just a long cycle 45 days which might just be on the long end. Anyway I know with digence I can by at 150 or under but I have a hard time on weekends. It seems like you work so hard all week it's special to go out to dinner or on vacation how does anyone just order a salad???? Any tips or thought process that has been successful for you is appreciate.

GlamourGirl827
07-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Hi all!! I just found ths thread, because I've been basically checking out every board on 3fc since I'm just sitting on the couch waiting for baby!! I'm going in for an induction in 9 days (see ticker) and really I don't feel like doing much beyond the bare minimun for house work and caring for my other kids.

Congrats to all that are currently pregnant!! And good luck to all that are losing weight to get pregnant!!

I read over some of the posts. I think its a great goal to try not to gain too much while pregnant. With each of my pregnancies, I gained a lot of weight! I was about 160 when I got preg with my first, and was about 240 after deliver, with my second I was about 160 again pre prego, and about 220 after deliver. Before this one I did get down to 145, but I miscarried twice and gained over that time (not from being preg, more from being depressed) and I was 180 when I got pregnant with this one, and I'm expecting to be about 220 after deliver again.

Maybe my experiences can help you not gain off the charts like I did! :)

With all three pregnancies I lost weight the first trimester, with my last pregnancy being the worst, I think I lost about 15 pounds. Eating healthy was not a goal...just eating whatever didn't come back up was. So it was mostly carbs, crackers and plain noodles, but it was so little I lost anyway. If you do end up with morning (all day) sickness, its very difficult to keep down anything other thatn what you are craving or sounds tolerable, but like I said, you probably won't eat much anyway. I've had friends that gain weight in the first trimester because they didn't get morning sickness and just ate to their cravings.

With all three pregnancies, especially my first, I gained pretty much on schedule through the second trimester. With my first I was right on schedule until the third trimester. During the beginning of the 2nd T my appetite was still dull and of course I felt good, so I was still working and active.

For me it was the third T that did me in. At that point, I was sitting a lot more, because I was tired and hurting. Also my appetite increased towards the end of the 2nd T and into the third, so I was eating a lot and craving high calorie foods. I try to eat healthy high calorie foods like nuts, cheeses, avocado, that type of stuff, but calories are calories and I'm still eating whenever I'm hungry.

And the weird part is that, when I'm not pregnant, if I eat completely uncontrolled with out any exercise (I've done it before sadly enough) I will usually even out around 180 lbs. But when I'm pregnant I even out around the mid 230s. I did try to monitor my cals with this pregnancy, but idk, its just easier to gain while pregnant, but still, the amount I gain, it definitely from just eating as much as I want (and whatever). I even only drank lemon water this pregnancy so I wasn't drinking any calories. Although with this one technically I didn't gain as much since I started higher...so I guess watching worked a little!!

I did make sure to lose the weight between each baby. And I am lucky that I never have any blood sugar or BP issues, but the extra weight still feels crappy.

I hope all you ladies do well. It is absolutely possible to gain a healthy amount of weight and not go over board. For me it snuck up on my in the 3rd trimester each time, so my recommendation is to stay with calorie counting to the very end. :)

StNessa79
07-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Hello all! Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I took a break from my workouts Sat, Sun, & Mon. So today I did a 10 min pilate workout & a 10 min yoga workout. This weekend we're leaving for vacation. I'm really going to try and watch what I eat but it's my daughter's 1st birthday party while we're there so there will be lots of family & lots of food! 16 lbs away from being back to my pre-pregnancy a year later. I can do it! I can get this done!

Pink Hurricane
07-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Zoesmom~ Congrats on your big whoosh!! :carrot: That is awesome!

Rintin~ I'm glad you got your TOM, I know that can be a welcome sign when you are trying to get your body regulated. As far as trouble on the weekends, I am right there with you. One thing that has helped me is too keep most unhealthy snacks out of the house (chips, icecream) and substituting them with healthier options that I know my husband would enjoy too, such as natural pita chips with hummus, larabars, etc. That's one thing that helps!

Glamorousgirl~ Thank you for sharing all of that with us, it is good to know what you have went through on all of your pregnancy journeys so we can know what to expect, as well as how to stay healthy throughout a pregnancy!

StNessa~ Welcome to the challenge! You can add yourself to the spreadsheet if you'd like! Also I hope you have a ton of fun on vacation, and great job with the workouts!

Right now my weight loss has stalled, I'm hanging around 249, and that is my fault as we have had a lot going on and I have not had much time to exercise. I have however been staying OP with eating, so that's a good thing. My husband and I are gearing up to take our honeymoon which is happening in two weeks so I have put exercise on the back burner! I also have gotten a good bit of side jobs the past couple of weeks to help get us extra money before our trip!

I realize it's going to be hard to exercise while on our honeymoon, but I do plan to stay within eating healthy while we are gone. I also want to enjoy myself as well, but try not to go overboard! :D

How's everyone doing so far this week?

Pink Hurricane
07-31-2013, 12:54 AM
It's been quiet around the boards!! How is everyone doing?

I will be MIA for a couple of weeks since my husband and I are getting to take our delayed honeymoon/1 year wedding anniversary trip! Part of it will be spent at Disney World which means a lot of walking, so I am planning to eat as healthy as I can and make sure to take full advantage of the activities, and most importantly enjoy this time for us! We also will be going to the beach which is the cherry on top! :D Hoping that I can drop some more weight along the way, I've been still hanging in the upper 240s but I am happy!

Also it should be TOM at the end of this week/early next week, so that will pop up unless I end up :preg: before then! I am hoping that we are, but if not that gives me another month to keep working on my health!

Turtle11
07-31-2013, 12:24 PM
Hey all, so I've been following this thread for awhile and thought I would get the courage to join. The hubby and I have been trying to concieve for a while, since nov 2012, and had a chemical pregnancy in May.

I wish I would have done more preparation like you guys are! I had been steadily gaining weight over the last 2 and a half years instead of losing and getting fit like I should for my baby's health.

After the chemical, I decided to try and get my body as best ready as I could. In April, I was completely sedentary and had high blood pressure.

I am also sort-of figuring that since this is our 10th cycle trying, it might not happen within a year. The one year mark will be in November and I would like to be a normal BMI around (154) by then. We'll probably get some fertility testing done and I don't want weight be a contributing factor.

Great post! I hope I can help encourage you guys like you have done for me!

LSJ100
08-03-2013, 12:18 AM
I'm so happy to have found this thread! Talk about denial - I wasn't even thinking about losing weight before TTC and then my husband was "ready" and I did some research and realized it would be much safer to shed some lbs first...totally disappointed because I am ready to be a mom but I really want to be healthy first! I'm so happy to have found this thread for extra support on the journey!

tehshort1
08-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Hope everyone is enjoying the start of August! I had an awesome week last week in every way exept the scale. My company sent me to Greenville, SC to our corporate headquarters for a week of management development training (on my way to becoming AGM for one of our hotels!) and it was awesome. I got to rub elbows with the VPs of the company and 18 other up-and-coming managers who are being groomed for AGM and GM-ness! The only downside is that we all ate together every day and while I tried my best to be good it was steak and fancy dinners and desserts and cookies and omg eat eat eat! So I have gained 2 pounds in as many weeks. :( I am now home and back on track (hopefully!)! Tonight is tilapia and steamed veggies! I don't want to start gaining any baby weight until the 2nd trimester! It's so hard fighting these cravings! Gah!!!!

Pink Hurricane
08-30-2013, 12:28 AM
Welcome Turtle and LSJ!!!

Tehshort that is awesome about you moving on up in your job! How is pregnancy treating you?

So while on our honeymoon, on the first leg at Disney, we found out that we are pregnant!! :carrot::dance::woohoo::yay::preg:
The weight I got to was 245 right before we left, so I am counting that as my pre-pregnancy weight. We had tested the day we left town, and it was a stark white negative. I assumed TOM would show up while on vacation, and it didn't. During our third day at Disney, I was feeling super tired, a little nauseous, and irritable which is not like me at all. My husband said without a doubt I was preggo. I told him it's probably just going to be a rough TOM. Sure enough the next morning we tested and we got a faint positive! We tested again the following morning and it was a little darker, and then again two days later and it was even darker! I had a blood test to confirm at my doctor once we got back into town, which came back positive, already had all of my first appt blood work done, along with paperwork, and a prenatal pregnancy class that my doctor's office requires before the first official physical appt including ultrasound around 10 weeks.

So we will be able to see our baby for the first time on Sept 9th! My husband and I are beside ourselves with excitement!!! I've been eating healthy and giving in to the cravings occasionally. My main cravings are apple juice, cheese, and tomatoes. Now milkshakes are starting to become a thing LOL. My husband and I decided to do daily walks and I am going to invest into some pregnancy workout DVDs to try and have as healthy of a pregnancy as possible!
So that's my update!!!! :D

mccull83
08-30-2013, 02:34 PM
How exciting !!!
Congratulations
:cp: :dance:

JeniH
08-30-2013, 06:08 PM
I'd like to join... I am at the very minimum a year from trying to get pregnant, probably more like a year and a half... BF would like it to be more like 3 but I'm not getting any younger and I'd like more then 1. We are hoping to get married next fall or the following early spring and I'd like to at least start not trying/not preventing as soon as we say I do. I have PCOS and without bcp I get 1 or 2 periods a year and who knows if I ovulate. Part of the reason I decided to try and lose weight is because I've been told it can help regulate my periods/help ovulate naturally.

As of today I weigh 315lbs so I've lost 15 pounds since starting this whole thing July 5th. I put my goal weight as 220 but I just kind of pulled that number out of a hat so my GW could go up or down as time goes one. I'd like to be at least 250 before I start trying... That give me at least a year to lose 65 pounds, I'm hoping that is reasonable (I've never tried to lose weight before).

CW 315
Max GW 250 by Fall 2014

:carrot: :carrot: Congratulations Pink Hurricane!!! :carrot: :carrot:

Pink Hurricane
09-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Thanks Mccull!

Welcome to the thread Jeni! You can definitely reach your goals, and that you have set that to be a year goal, you can do it healthy and it will likely stay off!

How's everyone else been?

Pink Hurricane
10-31-2013, 09:05 AM
How is everyone holding up? It has been a while! I am over 15 weeks along now, hard to believe because time seems to be flying! I have dedicated myself to eating very healthy foods along with the cravings too, but not too much of the more sugary or fattening stuff! Also I have been working out 3-5 days a week depending on how busy things are, I have been doing some prenatal workouts on Youtube and plan to start a regular walking routine as well!