Old 05-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Spring Into Action 2013 CHAT Thread Week 2 (05/27/13 - 06/02/13)

Well you did it Red team- you made it through week 1!!

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Spring Into Action official weekly results here.

As a team we lost 46.4 lbs or 1.13%

Our Biggest Loser:
Rated (-6 lbs, 3.28%)

Honourable Mentions:
Novus (-5.6 lbs, 2.95%)

Dahlia55 (-4.6 lbs, 2.86%)

angiemama (-4 lbs, 2.23%)

A few members forgot to weigh in, i'm guessing due to the Memorial Day Weekend.

Hope everyone enjoyed the first week.
Let's chat about what you found challenging, inspiring and how you stay motivated.

Keep up the great work! GO RED
Old 05-27-2013, 12:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Woo Hoo. Week one done! Great job everyone

Going into week 2 try and reflect on what went well last week... and what you could improve on to make this week even better.

I feel like my food choices last week were good now I need to focus on exercise. I am a list person and LOVE checking things off. So I made a list of what exercise I need to complete each day and since it is on a list I feel compelled to do it just so I can scratch it off. The list seems to be working as I have 100% completed my planned workout for the last 2 days and I am seeing results.

What are other peoples plans for making better food choices or squeezing in more exercise? I would love some more ideas/tips
Old 05-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Congratulations to Rated, Novus, Dahlia, Angiemama and everyone else who lost weight this week!

My biggest challenge by far is trying to stay on plan everyday now that I've decided I should only weigh-in once a week. For the first 6 1/2 months of this journey I was a daily weigher and for the most part it worked. However as my weight loss has slowed down and the numbers jumped around a lot more I realized I had to stop weighing in daily as I was way too reliant on that number and it controlled my moods. Now because I weigh in once a week I find that I'm allowing myself to have more treats than I used to because I'm not going to step on the scale for a couple more days.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #4  

Changergirl - That is interesting because I was a weekly weigher but I have now switched to daily for that accountability. Maybe you can weigh in twice a week once at the end and once at the mid-point to prevent some of those extra treats.

I used to beat myself up over scale increases but then I read something along the lines of "If you didn't eat an extra 3500 calories yesterday than you didn't gain a pound... RELAX". So if I see an increase on the scale I remember that and attribute it to water retention in muscles, sodium etc.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:02 AM   #5  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

YAY TEAM RED!!!

And congrats to Rated!

I did well staying OP with food last week. I did my usual weekend meal planning and shopping which helps enormously. And I did well with exercise despite a few obstacles with weather (it's suddenly crazy cold and rainy here ) and my running buddies backing out at the last minute. I actually prefer to run alone, but when I plan to run with someone else and they cancel it's like my brain sees that as an excuse to take the day off.

I can't quite explain what keeps me motivated to continue to pursue this wellness journey. Honestly, it's just become my new normal. I don't want to eat crap and be lazy anymore. I crave healthy foods and I look forward to my runs. I kinna feel like I'm surrounded by a bubble of grace and I am very very very grateful for that.

Well, hope everyone has a happy and healthy Memorial Day. And....GO TEAM!...for Week 2.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #6  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Congrats to all the biggest losers!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #7  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Great job Red Team!!! We rocked it!

I'm back from camping. I actually came back a day earlier with my step daughter. Long story, but ultimately I was done and I decided that rather than be miserable (and make everyone else around me miserable) for the last 2 days of my vacation, I was going home to rest. It felt great.

This week is going to be tough heading back to work, but I am going to plan out my meals and hit the grocery store here shortly.

Hope you are all enjoying your Memorial Day! Here's to another shrinking week!
Old 05-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #8  

Everyone sounds so cheerful, it makes you feel good just to be up and enjoying the day. Congratulations to all the big losers, what a great start to our challenge.

Rated, I may follow you lead on adding my workouts to my to do list. I too like to set goals on a list and check them off. Didn't think about applying it to my workouts.

Novus, I can so relate on working out alone. I have found the buddy plan doesn't typically work for me. I have found more often then not that something will come up where my buddy will have a conflict and not be able to meet me for our walk or workout and that will make me feel like taking the day off too. I do much better even I am in my own grove. Something that does help me if I start feeling lazy is to watch a workout video. Watching a stupid video will make me want to get up and workout too.

Rated, I weigh daily and write it on a calendar. My weight goes up and down everyday so i dont stressout what the scale says each day but I kind of track it to document the trendline. It keeps me accountable daily but if I feel discouraged I look back to last month or the beginning of the year to see how I am trending and I feel better about my progress. This really helped me when I hit my plateau. I got discouraged but when I leafed back to see how I was doing over the whole year then I was still doing well so I just kept plugging along.

The interesting thing about the plateau I hit ... I had never experienced one before ... I stopped losing weight but I noticed changes in my body. When I first started losing my rings got large for me, during the plateau my fingers filled back in and my rings fit again. I did not gain weight so I knew my body was adjusting to the loss it had experienced. It was interesting to watch and it lasted for over a month and now that I broke through it I am actually eating more and losing again. I didn't like working so hard and not losing anything but right now I feel so empowered because I saw it through.

Lol you should have just seen my pug, she came off the foot stool and rocketed to my lap. Pugs DON'T rocket anyplace so it was a shock to have her tilting on my iPad. DH walked into the room as sh was in midair and was wondering what got into her.

Have a nice holiday everyone in the USA.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #9  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Great job Rated, Novus, Dahlia, and Angiemama!

I'm struggling with diet fatigue. After over 2 years of work, and 9 months of not losing, I have a hard time saying no to that second handful of nuts. Plus I'm still working my way off Medifast, and trying to figure out how to eat all real food again. I'm using Atkins and Quest bars as a crutch for now.

I'm doing pretty good on exercise, though. I'm trying to be happy with my exercise successes while the scale and tape measure are forsaking me.

Have a great week, team!
Old 05-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #10  

Great job team! Special congrats to our biggest loser Rated! What an awesome start to the challenge

Think about where you wanna be on the scale next weigh in when you're at your Memorial Day picnics today!
Old 05-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated View Post
Changergirl - That is interesting because I was a weekly weigher but I have now switched to daily for that accountability. Maybe you can weigh in twice a week once at the end and once at the mid-point to prevent some of those extra treats.

I used to beat myself up over scale increases but then I read something along the lines of "If you didn't eat an extra 3500 calories yesterday than you didn't gain a pound... RELAX". So if I see an increase on the scale I remember that and attribute it to water retention in muscles, sodium etc.
I completely agree with this. I'm a daily weigher too, but I understand that a gain isn't the end of the world. Since it's everyday, there are ups and downs that usually don't amount to anything. I weigh in daily to keep myself in check. If I do see a gain and then a gain the next day or a higher than normal number I know to drink more water or eat less salt or snack less at night.
I see those little gains as little warning lights, not the be all/end all or what I truly weigh.

And I usually don't count a loss until I see it twice in a row to keep myself honest in that respect as well.

I'm so excited I made the honorable mention list! What an exciting feeling Now to do that at least a few more times this challenge!

Congrats to all the losers and GO TEAM RED!
Old 05-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #12  

EofAZ - The to do list really works especially now that I have been 100% for 3 days I don't want to mess up my streak...even more motivation.

Novus - I can't wait till being healthy becomes my new normal. I know what you mean by having to be careful not to let someone else's excuses become your excuses. Good job pushing through though.

I had my first day back at work today after a week of holiday (and sleeping in) so I figured since I am going to be tired anyways I might as well wake up at 6:00 and squeeze in a workout. I wanted to do the 30Day Shred but my computer was acting up so I did 30 mins on the spin bike instead. I am down 1 lbs so far this week (I weigh in on Thursdays) but I feel like my weight loss has slowed. Hope everyone else is on plan so far this week.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Congrats to all our losers!

I was hoping to be able to start my exercise back up this week, but despite having a full 3 day weekend, I didn't finish the remodel I was working on, so I'll be busy with that every evening this week. But I HAVE to have it finished by the first for the new tenant, so by the end of this week I should again have free time. So I'll just have to continue to focus on my diet this week.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 05-28-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

This week has started off well for me. I've been a healthy eater for about six months- cut out chips, soda, etc- things that have no real nutritional value. It's been going really well. We still have occasional treats in our house- an ice cream cone from Dairy Queen or a couple of rasinettes. These things are treats now instead of the norm- once a week instead of once a day.
I can really see a difference in my energy and weight loss now too. And I'm putting on more muscle with my workouts too.

How are you all doing your eating plans? Eating clean or dieting or lifestyle changes?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #15  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

My week started out well too - down 1.8 pounds from yesterday, despite my weekend vodka tonic indulgences.

I'm on Medifast so my meal plan is simple - 5 Medifast "meals" and 1 lean & green meal (sometimes I split it into 2 small meals). I worry about what I'll do when I transition to maintenance, but that's several months away, so I'm just trying to focus on following this plan every day.

Exercise continues to be a challenge for me. I think this week I will simply focus on abdominal and core work on the balance ball.