Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss - Varicose Vein surgery

View Full Version : Varicose Vein surgery

Megan33
05-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Hello fellow phat chicks! I am having vericose vein surgery on my right leg on Weds, 5/29 (left leg, 2 weeks later) and I was wondering if anyone was interested in seeing before/after pix. No one in my family has V veins so I know it's because of my former morbidly obese self. So I'm thinking there are some/plenty of you out there with Vveins also. I was just wondering if there was any interest in seeing pix and also I'm open to any/all questions about it. I'm having brachioplasty (bat wing) surgery in Mid July and I will DEFINITELY be posting before, during and after pix.

Happy Memorial Day!!! (almost)

-Megan

Riddy
05-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Well, I've got a couple ugly veins of my own, so I'd love to see if you're willing to share.

Good luck and quick healing!

Vex
05-27-2013, 01:04 PM
I've had it done. I had the varicose veins done the normal surgery route and had my spider veins done 3 times with injections. (spider veins like to reoccur)

Are you going laser with the VV? I'd be interested in seeing before/after pics for that. I know when mine were done manually, it took a long time before my legs started to look nice because of the healing - probably a good two months.

Megan33
05-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Vex,
My doc said my veins are so big and long that I actually need to have them removed. Eww, gross! I don't have the diagnosis sheet with me right now to tell you the exact medical terms/procedures I am having done, but he also mentioned he needed to use lasers to treat the problem too. I think it's called something like EVV or EVF, something like that. I'm having my spider veins treated in the fall. I will post my "before" picture tomorrow night. Then, on Wednesday I will post the after. Probably every few days I will post a new pic so you can see the progress. Thanks for reading!

-Megan