Old 05-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #1  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

Default Redoing pictures at goal?

Underwater's amazing work picture transformation got me thinking - does anyone else have pictures they plan to redo at goal? I've even heard of a few folks who redid wedding pictures (by going back to their wedding venue in new wedding duds) after a major weight loss!

I'd really like to do the Abram's Falls hike in the Smoky Mountain National Park again to retake this picture at goal:

This picture is from our third wedding anniversary in September 2010, so I'm 252 here, not 276 like I was when I started losing weight this time, but I think it will be really cool to have a side-by-side comparison of how much I've changed next to my husband!
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

How cute are you!

That's a really neat idea! I'd love to do it but I've mostly avoided pictures since I've gained so much weight. There are very few to do over. I hate it because my daughter is now seven and we have so few pictures together, and certainly not the beautiful new mom and baby professional photos. I hate that I let my weight rob me of something as precious as that.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #3  

Kind of. I was ok with my weight at my wedding (160). But I've since gained and relost the same weight 2 (almost 3 times) I was up to 240 (baby #1) then 220 (baby #2) and now I'm at 215 with 2 month to go on this baby.

Hubby and I had a very small wedding and could not afford a photographer. We talked about for our 10th wedding anniversary, having a photographer do real wedding photos either in a real venue or a gazebo on the beach, if they rebuild every thing by then (Sandy)

Anyway, I would like to be about 130 for these pics instead of 160, and I definitely don;t want to be what I am now! I hate to alter my wedding dress though so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

I have pictures from a trip to Big Bend National Park, when I was at my highest, that I want to re-do when I reach goal.
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I wanted to redo mine, but a caution - that was kind of hurtful for my husband, which surprised me! He considered it a bit insulting to want to 'rewrite history' with a new dress and shots, because he married and loved his bride as is. Good, bad, or otherwise, that was how I looked when I got married. By redoing them, it would be a bit like I was casting aspersions on the original event in his mind.

And to be fair, I kind of would be!

I hated how fat I looked and that no pictures turned out 'nice enough'. I wasn't really aware of my size and was kind of shocked to be confronted with less than gorgeous pictures of the happy day. My very first 'goal' I aspired to, when deciding to lose, was to have a commitment ceremony with my husband and get new pictures. The desire to do that has faded the longer I sit at a more normal weight. Cost and hassle aside, though I was once shocked by my husband's position on the issue I'm actually seeing it more now, myself, and am shying away from that original 'reward'. It won't make me feel better about myself, and kind of talks self hatred more than 'victory', the more I think about my feelings about the original day and why I'd even want a 'redo'.

My compromise now is lots of pretty portraits and I'm thinking of doing a full pinup boudoir shoot at goal instead. That is something we can both enjoy and doesn't unnecessarily tar what was truly a beautiful day all around, except for my complex on my weight! I didn't think I'd be happy with just living in a smaller body and wanted to 'redo' those photos and that chapter of my life very much - but it now seems quite unnecessary and even a bit silly. And what message does that send to my daughters? That's been on my mind as a more significant consequence than it was when it was just me considering it.

I'm not criticizing your decision, this is more me thinking out loud. Once my primary goal 'treat', I've done a 180 on it and my husband never was keen on the idea. That's just another perspective to consider . It turns out that just having nice photos now has been enough of a contrast, that I don't need to hold old and new wedding photos, in particular, up side by side.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 05-26-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #6  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Would love to redo my wedding photos. I hate how I look in them, and it feels even worse that while I felt really pretty and princess-like, I actually looked awful that entire day... Probably won't do it though, unless we go for a vow renewal in Vegas sometime in the future (not that unlikely to happen)

Last edited by Em Coconut; 05-26-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #7  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggerbean View Post
I have pictures from a trip to Big Bend National Park, when I was at my highest, that I want to re-do when I reach goal.
You HAVE to post these when you do them - Big Bend National Park is my dream vacation of the moment. I'm still trying to work out a way to get down there in the next year or so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
I'm not criticizing your decision, this is more me thinking out loud. Once my primary goal 'treat', I've done a 180 on it and my husband never was keen on the idea. That's just another perspective to consider . It turns out that just having nice photos now has been enough of a contrast, that I don't need to hold old and new wedding photos, in particular, up side by side.
Oh, I'm not retaking my wedding photos - I love them and am too busy/broke to hire a professional photographer, makeup artist, hairstylist, etc. again in the near future! I've just heard of people doing it and wondered if anyone had photos of any type that they were looking forward to recreating after goal! I always imagine it as a companion piece to old photos, not as a replacement so that you can lock old "bad" photos away, but that's just me. For example, I'll still love my original Abrams Falls photo and have no intention of throwing it out or hiding it, but I think it will be cool to have two near-identical photos at very different weights!

Like you, I have considered a re-commitment ceremony type deal, but I really, really hated planning my wedding, so I don't know if/when I'd ever actually be up for that. I think a pinup boudoir photo shoot at goal is an amazing idea - I might surprise my husband with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Coconut View Post
Would love to redo my wedding photos. I hate how I look in them, and it feels even worse that while I felt really pretty and princess-like, I actually looked awful that entire day... Probably won't do it though, unless we go for a vow renewal in Vegas sometime in the future (not that unlikely to happen)
A vow renewal in vegas sounds SUPER fun - you could go as traditional or as far-out as you wanted!

Last edited by merilung; 05-26-2013 at 03:12 PM.
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Not necessarily redo, but I would love to revisit my honeymoon and get more pics at the same locations

Last edited by Mozzy; 05-31-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 03:16 PM   #9  

Redoing pictures at goal signifies a commitment to improvement. Much like refining a skill, it's a process of growth and achievement. Consider incorporating innovative techniques or seeking expert advice to enhance your photography.
Cynthia R Shankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 03:17 PM   #10  

Interesting discussion. For example in real estate, redoing pictures at goal enhances property appeal, directly impacting sales. A professional touch, like the one offered by https://homery.design/services/green-lawn/ transforms property images, highlighting green lawns and creating a positive impression. Its attract potential buyers and boost sales in the competitive real estate market.

Last edited by Dustin A Maynard; 01-28-2024 at 03:32 PM.
Dustin A Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote